GM Kulkos Racing to Ruin (Serpents Skull 2) (Inactive)

Game Master Kulko

Campaign Page
Map
Treasure Sheet

Orders:

Watch
Shalissa, Davor, Gregor, Kerndrew
Single File Marching
Gregor, Kerndrew, Shalissa, Davor
Double File Marching
Gregor & Kerndrew, Shalissa, Davor
Map


2,751 to 2,800 of 3,250 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>

HP 11/11 | AC 15 TAC 12 FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +3 Ref +1 Will +2 | Senses +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Climb +5, Craft (ships) +3, Perception +4, Profession (fisherman) +4, Profession (sailor) +8, Survival +4, Swim +5
Female N Human Expert 1/Warrior 1

"'re ya going to show us your tiger pounce jump pretty face?" Kyra teases Neethan as he produces some lion roar in the area while following behind him and Shalissa, nocking an arrow on her bow and looking attentively for any danger.
Perception/Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan controls how the sound of the lion appears as if moving, when Kyra starts teasing him. He’s just about to fall into her trap of arguments and defensively explain that he prefers his mind doing the heavy lifting rather than his body, but then he somehow feels his amulet squirming underneath his skin. He’s not sure, but hears himself instead saying: ”You just might see it, you just might.”
He’s caught a bit off guard himself, wondering: Whatever did I mean with that?, before focusing on the task in front of them again.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor steps back to watch as Neethan projects roaring sounds around the field ahead. "That's a lot safer method. If we don't get any response in a bit is there any way to project the sounds into the ground? Possibly make the sounds of something big walking around? If we could get the ankhegs to could to the surface at a distance we could start the battle with arrows...."

Have non-melee types ready missile weapons? I'll keep my daggers ready.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan knows the simple cantrip has its limitations. While he can make it move some, it’s hard for him to make a really loud noise. He’s not that anxious to move into the field of undermined earth either but tries to spot a hole in the ground. The wizard lets the grunts and cries of the lion stay close to it, hoping the sound will travel in the underground tunnels.
He has his crossbow ready and loaded too.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

With the plan settled upon everybody prepares himself for the appearance of the beasts and Neethan casts his spell. After some struggle with the unfamiliar noises and some pointers from Athyra he is able to provide a fairly convincing lion jumping and walikgn up and down.
Tight a s a bowstring you wait for the Ankhegs to fall for the trap. The afternood heat is burning down on you while you watch anciously arounfd you, if the burrower might have spotted your trap and surprising you on his own.

Suddenly the earth next to the projected sound burst forward and a large beast jumps out of the hole, trying to catch the lion unaware from the side, but biting only air. Confused it looks around trying to find its prey, when it finally spots the group waiting for it.

Ini:
Davor: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Kerndrew: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Neethan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Athyra: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Shalissa: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Ankheg: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Davor
Ankheg
Shalissa
Kyra
Athyra
Neethan
Kerndrew


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

As the creature jumps at the sounds of the spell Davor flings the dagger in his ready hand. Throwing the dagger: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 4 = 6 But due to the distance he completely misses the creature.

Annoyed with the bad throw he switches the magical dagger to his other hand, waiting for the creature to move.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Attracted by the shiny armor of Father Kerndrew the ankheg charges towards the paladin. Father Kerndrew raises his shield pushes against the impact, diverting it to the side.

Ankheg
bite: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16
Dam: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 = 14
Acid Dam: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Davor
Ankheg
Shalissa
Kyra
Athyra
Neethan
Kerndrew


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan hopes that Shalissa can protect them all from the acid, but moves a little out of the way from the ankheg even so. He moves up on the rocky ground where he hopes it will be harder for the ankhegs to dig beneath him and then starts attacking the monster with his fire spells.
”Fire walk with me.”

Combat:

Casting Flaming Sphere.
Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Effect 5-ft.-diameter sphere. The sphere moves 30 feet per round. As part of this movement, it can ascend or jump up to 30 feet to strike a target.
Duration 1 round/level,
Damage: 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 2, 2) + 2 = 12, fire damage, incl Intense spells
Saving Throw Reflex negates; Spell DC = 17
Spell Resistance yes ;

Flaming Sphere "A": R1,R2,R3,R4

HP 30/30 | AC 16, TAC 12


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa starts to pray placing her free hand on the leaf holy symbol around her neck "Mother of Sea and Waves, put your protective mantle around us against this foul acid"

As she completes the communal resist energy spell, she moves forward touching one by one the melee combatants and main cast of the expedition. Neethan movement forces her to move after him "Hei wait Neeth!"
Acid resistance 10 for 10 min on:
Davor, Kerndrew, Athyra, Shalissa and Neethan

Athyra meanwhile sidesteps entering into a fury to attack from the side at the beast.
Glaive+rage: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 = 20
Slashing damage+rage: 1d10 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 3 = 14


HP 11/11 | AC 15 TAC 12 FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +3 Ref +1 Will +2 | Senses +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Climb +5, Craft (ships) +3, Perception +4, Profession (fisherman) +4, Profession (sailor) +8, Survival +4, Swim +5
Female N Human Expert 1/Warrior 1

Kyra raises the bow pointing at the Ankheg all while making a step back "Aye, I see ya who gets that protective mantle of your goddess..."
Composite longbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Piercing damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Crit x3?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Piercing damage: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (8, 4) + 2 = 14
Total whopping damage: 9 + 14 = 23
The pirate shots valiantly into the beast's eye "Ya' should have thought twice before attacking oldye Kyra's expedition bestie"


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Sorry, a bit too hasty. Neethan acts after both Shalissa, Athyra and Kyra.
Maybe the ankheg is defeated before that?


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

While Shalissa and Neethan prepare their spells for the fight, Athyra steps up and sticks her Glaive deep into the side of the beast.
Kyra raises her bow and fires an arrow deeply into the jaws of the Akheg dropping it on site.

So what now?


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Surprised that the monster dropped so quickly Davor steps to the side and scans the area for more. While waiting he pulls another dagger and waits. "Maybe some more noise Neethan? Lure another one up here?"

I can't edit the map. Keep getting and error. Just stepping 5' to the left to see around the carcass.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"Well, it seems we hired the right guards after all" Shalissa congratulates for the ankheg swift defeat "We shall be careful, we spot tracks of at least three of those beasts, we might be further assaulted at any moment"

The elf approaches the fallen body and tests it is really dead with her trident "Any parts there we can use as reagents Neethan?"


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

The fight is over so fast, Neethan just have time to move. The spell he was thinking of using is not necessary. He stands there with one lifted arm, when Shalissa addresses him.
”Reagents? Yes, maybe. But are all of the ankhegs really dead?”
Neethan is not aware of much that is useful to collect from the ankheg. Its hard shell plates can be used to make armor. Maybe they can collect some acid in a glass bottle or vial?

He is more focused on safety first though. They need to make sure there isn’t any more ankheg around. ”Let’s make sure there isn’t any more of them first, before dissecting this one.”, he answers the cleric.
Neethan then moves down to Davor again to see if they can trap another one. The wizard is ready to let another mimicking sound move over the field. They likely have to advance some, but test the ground as they move forward.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

As Shalissa approaches the carcass and sticks her trident into it. As she realize that the Creature is truly dead, behind her the earth spews forth, and another Ankheg is attacking Davor. Its mandibles bites

Ankheg(red) vs. Davor
bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Dam: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 6) + 4 = 14
acidDam: 1d4 ⇒ 2
grab: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 4 = 20 Grappled

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Davor(21/37) - Grappled
Ankheg(blue) - Dead
Ankheg(red) - Grappling Davor
Shalissa
Kyra
Athyra
Neethan
Kerndrew

This took a few seconds so one combat round elapsed in between.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"Davor!!!" Shalissa shouts alarmed when the ankheg appears and takes the half-orc in his jaws. Almost instinctively the elf casts liberating command to offer him a chance to escape.
(immediate action to cast) +10 competence bonus and Escape Artist additional attempt as an immediate action for Davor.

Following up this, she starts to say words of power and her hand overloads with crackling electricity she tries to deliver on the Ankheg.
Concentration DC 17: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Shocking grasp (touch): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Electrical damage: 5d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 2, 1, 2) = 12

Shalissa steps back trying to get away from the powerful worm monster.

HP 33/33 AC 16 TAC 12

Athyra, fatigued after her recent rage, performs a surrounding maneuver using her techniques to survive alone with the jungle to end the menace.
Glaive-fatigued: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 2 = 19
Slashing damage-fatigued: 1d10 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 3 = 6


HP 11/11 | AC 15 TAC 12 FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +3 Ref +1 Will +2 | Senses +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Climb +5, Craft (ships) +3, Perception +4, Profession (fisherman) +4, Profession (sailor) +8, Survival +4, Swim +5
Female N Human Expert 1/Warrior 1

Kyra runs towards a tree cover from where to perform another shot "Ya' are a true beast caller ah pretty face? I wonder what else can ya' bring given enough motivation..."
Composite longbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Piercing damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

With the second ankheg holding on to Davor, Neethan casts a spell that won’t hurt the half-orc. Two silvery missiles shoot out from his hand and unerringly hit the beast in the mouth.

Combat:

Casting Magic Missile. Range (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Missile1: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4, force damage, incl Intense spells
Missile2: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5, force damage, incl Intense spells
Saving Throw none;
Spell Resistance yes ;


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

The main reason I don't usually use combat maneuvers.... Not sure what I'm doing!

Thanks for the acid resistance! Don't need the extra damage!

Davor is surprised at the speed of the creature that bursts from the ground and grabs him. But, feeling the beast rip into him and grapple he struggles to get loose. Escape?: 1d20 + 8 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 10 = 31

I assume that breaks free? Can I attack?

If I can attack?:
Davor slashes at the creature with his dagger.
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Just read the rules. Escape is my standard action so I can't attack.... 5' step (left to D1) to get out of the way of any attackers moving in?


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Shalissas spell allows Davor wiggle free from the crushing grasp of the insect. And then Blwos rain once more from all sides onto the unfortunate Ankheg, breaking its armor and letting green ichor fly off in all directions.

Another one dead and you wonder where the last one will cone up.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan is glad to see Davor getting free and the second ankheg going down. He guesses the fight has probably alerted all the ankhegs of the colony and waits another half minute to see if another one appears.

If nothing more happens, he is willing to produce more Ghost Sound-noise if the team wants to move further out on the field.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Perception Davor: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Perception Gregor(+2 vs Humans): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Perception Shalissa: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Perception Kerndrew: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Perception Neethan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Anxiously you try to listen for the sounds of the next wave approaching, and this time you are sure to actually feel the earth tremble so this time the Ankheg doesn't surprise you quite as much. Shalissa and Davor can succesfully anticipate it s arrival behind Father Kerndrew. Still you are quite surprised when you see the creature beeing quite a bit larger than its earlier cousins.

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Davor(23/37)
Shalissa
Ankheg(blue) - Dead
Ankheg(red) - Dead
Ankheg(gold)
Kyra
Athyra
Neethan
Kerndrew


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Seeing the much larger bug break through the ground to attack the Father Davor runs over to attack. He doesn't to leave the monster an easy path to the casters of the group. As he gets in range he slashes with his blade hoping to crack through the shell of the beast.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
damage if that hits: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"Oh guys, this one is larger than the previous ones. Be careful!" Shalissa's joy for seeing Davor free and alive does not last long as the other ankheg arrives.

Stepping back she makes a few movements with her free hand and a sound bursts the air next to the creature menacing to render it stunned.
Sonic damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3
Fort DC 17 or stunned 1 round

Athyra, rested from the first fight, moves fast through the left of the beast, and silently enters a fury and cuts with her glaive.
Glaive+rage: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 = 17
Slashing damage+rage: 1d10 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 3 = 19


HP 11/11 | AC 15 TAC 12 FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +3 Ref +1 Will +2 | Senses +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Climb +5, Craft (ships) +3, Perception +4, Profession (fisherman) +4, Profession (sailor) +8, Survival +4, Swim +5
Female N Human Expert 1/Warrior 1

As the ankheg appears next to the trees where she is hiding, Kyra steps back alerted and shots an arrow very pressed "Shut! Is there a farm of these creatures here or what?"
Composite longbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Piercing damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

with s new danger arriving, everybody turn around, but this time the attacks are too rushed and miss.

The Ankheg however bites deeply into Kerndreews flank and grabs the paladin.

Ankheg(gold)
bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Dam: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 2) + 6 = 10
Dam: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4
Grab: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
FORT save vs Shalissa: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Davor(23/37)
Shalissa
Ankheg(blue) - Dead
Ankheg(red) - Dead
Ankheg(gold)(3) - Grappling
Kyra
Athyra
Neethan
Kerndrew(29/39) - Grappled


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

The next ankheg is big enough for them to sense, before the earth erupts. What has so far been an easy fight, now turns more difficult as big ‘Mama Ankheg’ joins in. Neethan instinctively backs a little and calls for his fire to burn the large monster, which is big enough to attack even if grappling.
I’m going to burn your butt off!

”Fire walk with me.”

Combat:

5’-step to C3.

Casting Flaming Sphere.
Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Effect 5-ft.-diameter sphere. The sphere moves 30 feet per round. As part of this movement, it can ascend or jump up to 30 feet to strike a target.
Duration 1 round/level,
Damage: 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 4, 5) + 2 = 16, fire damage, incl Intense spells
Saving Throw Reflex negates; Spell DC = 17
Spell Resistance yes ;

Flaming Sphere: R1,R2,R3,R4

HP 30/30 | AC 16, TAC 12


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"Oh no, Kerndrew now!" Shalissa asks for her last liberating command to try free Kerndrew.
(immediate action to cast) +10 competence bonus and Escape Artist additional attempt as an immediate action for Kerndrew.

The elf steps back, all while starting to summon a small earth elemental "Mother of Earth, bring your forces to our side to make this region safe again."

HP 33/33 AC 16 TAC 12
Spells in effect:
communal resist energy (acid) 10

Athyra steps to the side to flank with Davor.
Glaive+rage+flank: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 21
Slashing damage+rage: 1d10 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 3 = 19


HP 11/11 | AC 15 TAC 12 FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +3 Ref +1 Will +2 | Senses +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Climb +5, Craft (ships) +3, Perception +4, Profession (fisherman) +4, Profession (sailor) +8, Survival +4, Swim +5
Female N Human Expert 1/Warrior 1

"Ei overgrown worm, that piece of stubborn metal is going to make a bad digestion, better look somw'hare else ya'!" past the initial surprise, Kyra shots now with more confidence.
Composite longbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Piercing damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Composite longbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Piercing damage: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 2 = 6


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor steps to the side trying to reach a flanking position, but with Father Kerndrew grappled he strikes, hoping for enough hits to quickly finish this beast like the smaller kin.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Damage if that hits?: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

RF DC 17 vs Fire: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The flaming sphere engulfs the large insect, and leaves serious scrochmark on his chitin skin. With Athyra and Kyra hitting him from all sides, even the big Ankheg doesn't stand a chance and is soon lying on his back.
You keep waiting for a few more minutes, but no more beasts turn up.

Battle is over

Now the only thing left is making this area secure again for other travellers.

Please attempt the following trailblaizing checks:
Survival or Knowledge Nature DC 23
Know Engineering DC 18

Reminder when I ask for Trailblazing checks, The goal is for the party to gain one success. Standard assumption is everybody who is qualified to aid the character with the highest modifier. The character with the highest modifier doesn't need to wait for the aid rolls to be resolved.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan has:
Knowledge (engineering): = +8
Knowledge (nature): = +8
so Shalissa is likely better to succeed.
Aid another (engineering): 1d20 ⇒ 1
Aid another (nature): 1d20 ⇒ 3

Neethan tries to assist the best he can at dealing with the treacherous underground tunnels, but without a shovel, he's a bit at a loss.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

@Neethan on an Aid roll you still add your full modifier, so the second aid is succesful.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

In fact another beast appears, as Shalissa ends her spell a small creature made of rocks and dirt emerges from the earth "Yuh! Too late, but thanks for coming to my call"

Shalissa tries to tell the elemental to go down and check there is no ankheg remaining and whether there are treasures hidden below, but alas, she does not speak Terran and the elemental does not understand.

Finding no enemy to fight, the creature disappears shortly thereafter.

"Well, I guess we cleared this area of the danger. Are there any the ankheg parts valuable? Maybe we can sell them in Kalabuto or use them as regents" the elf takes an eye from one of the beasts, and a scale if they have such a thing. She will dry them out and put them in her pouch. Those things always come handy in a casting pouch.

K. nature: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
K. engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Athyra: K. nature aid: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Know-Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Davor stands ready once the big bug drops, half expecting an even bigger one to come next. When nothing else happens he starts searching amongst the holes that the beast came in. Maybe we can collapse their tunnels to make it safe?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

With all the traces of the burrows you have no trouble identifying the places where you need to nearby branches to strengthen the road again to a point where the wagons and mules of the main expedition have no trouble to cross.

Unfortunately you do not manage to find the lait of the Ankhegs so you cannot be sure if you have managed to get rid of every single one of them, but you are confident to removed the immediate danger. (You are at 10 exploration points)
After resting for the night half a mile away you continue along the road on the next day.

By now the plain before you opens up and you enter a dry rolling grassland stretching all the way to the horizon. Herds of grazing animals are sometimes seen in the distance.

You follow the barely visible road toward Kalabuto, when around noon of the next day you are notiing a small flock of large birds circling above you.

Know Nature 13:

These are vultures, scavenging birds looking for weak memebrs of a group being left behind.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Knowledge-Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Seeing the vultures circling Davor points them out to his friends. "Might be worth checking out. Could be something killed, but it also could be something hurt."


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

While they managed to defeat the ankhegs easily, it’s more to do afterwards. Neethan works with the rest of the party to mark out treacherous holes and strengthen the ground with branches where they suspect the following wagons must travel.
After a few hours, they deem the situation good enough to continue. They’re not sure they’ve really killed all the ankhegs, but no more ankhegs appear, at least. To be safer, they camped some distance away from the ankheg mounds anyway.

The night passes without incident, and the next day, Neethan prepares his spells again. The land before them evens out into a plain, with the Bandu Hills behind them. Though it’s still hot, it’s easier to walk and each step carries Neethan closer to Kalabuto. In the clear sky above them, they suddenly spot circling birds. The wizard knows enough to know that birds of prey seldom hunt in large numbers. These are likely scavengers waiting for some poor thing to die or for a predator to finish eating. He agrees with Davor that it’s worth checking out. They’ve made good progress so far, and Neethan is starting to relax after the initial shock of finding out he’s been trapped for so long.

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

K. nature: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Athyra: K. nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
"You sure? They just seem like huge crows at this distance... this kind of bird does not live in the Mordant Spire..." Shalissa looks up covering a bit her eyes from the intense Sun "But ok, let's go and check... maybe someone is in help like Neethan before..."
Perception (darkvision): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Walking towards the circling birds, Neethan tries to learn more about his allies. He starts talking to Davor first: ”So, where are you from? How come you ended up here? Where did you meet Shalissa and Father Kerndrew? What are your plans when you reach Kalabuto?”


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

You take a while trying to figure out, what these birds are looking for, until you finally realize its you they are circling. noticing this, you also realize, that its been a while since you crossed the last brook or found some other source of water.

Still you have got your supplies and are confident you will be able to endure.

Survival DC 24 to find a suitable source of water for the main caravan, durign the next day.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Survival I think mine is an aid? +6?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

With the party's access to magically created water Davor hadn't even thought of needing a natural source. He scans the area wit the others in the party looking for signs of a natural water source.

"Lots of questions! But, I understand. Good to know the folk that might be saving you or needing saving. I'm from Magnimar. Hired on to an ocean ship to get away from there but got shipwrecked on the Shiv. That's where we all met and bonded working together to escape the island. Before we were able to escape though, we found a clue to our next destination and what we'll be doing once we get to Kalabuto.... Heading to the lost city of Saventh-Yhi. Interested?"


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

You keep searching for signs of water, but the landscape is too much unlike anything you are used from back home so you only find a small pond. Still its better than nothing. and you make sure tomark the place for Kassatas expedition.

In the meantime even more vultures appeared, including 2 large specimenwhich seem to be circling much nearer than the others.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan listens to Davor’s replies. Seems the others have not been together for that long, but still been through a lot. Enough to trust each other, appearently.
When Davor mentions a lost city, Neethan can feel his amulet awakening. It stirs under his skin. There is something about a quest for a lost city that speaks to him, like a story just waiting to be told. He can’t explain why, but the pull is there. Calling him to the jungle. Wasn’t this what he had been waiting for all time?
”A lost city you say? Saventh-Yhi? That is an old Azlanti legend. You’ve got a real clue on where it is? You’re sure it’s not one of those fake maps they sell in the streets of Eleder? If you really have a true clue, then I would be interested, indeed!”

The open plain does not offer much shade and the sun is burning. Neethan did not used to have a problem with that before, but since his captivity in the salt mine, it seems water is more important now. Suddenly feeling very thirsty again, he looks for any signs of a source of water, like a small depression with some trees around or a riverbed.

Aid another, survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

The wizard is a bit distracted by the thought of a lost jungle city just waiting to be found again, but luckily one of the others can spot a small pond, and he fills up his waterskin again.

Over their heads, more birds can be spotted. A couple of large ones, it seems, and Neethan wonders if they are hunters instead of scavengers?

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa gives an edged knives stare at Davor when he reveals the group is looking for the lost city of Saventh-Yhi "Davor!"

Then as Neethan is lured by the lost city she sighs resigned "We only found a small clue from an old serpentfolk temple devoted to blood sapping gods." her tone though cannot fully conceal how bothered she is by the disclosure "For now we do not know the Saventh-Yhi exact location, but we are sure of its existence and the clue we found makes us think we can find a full map in Tazion, so we are heading to those ruins after Kalabuto. But we need to be fast." she gives a judgemental look to the half-orc "For it seems half of Eleder probably knows about it by now..."

Once they find the small pond, Shalissa makes sure it is accurately marked "We can maybe camp here by the water today. I do not know you, but those circling vultures are making me chill."

Shalissa creates some magical water in order to avoid depriving the pond and to show the birds they are not going to die starved here.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Those birds are Geiers a larger species, which is known from time to time to attack unwary travellers.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan listens to the new info as Shalissa joins the conversation. How she reacts and what she says, give the wizard a feeling that they might know something that could be worth finding out. He nods and then ponders over what she’s given away. He has heard a lot of stories and indeed studied the Azlanti language. The legend of Saventh-Yhi is not unknown to him, but he tries to recollect what he knows of a place called Taizon.

Kn(geography): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Kn(history): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
(I don’t know how well Taizon is known in general.)


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

As the large birds get closer, Neethan recognizes them as a probable cause for caution. He just hopes the birds are smart enough to realize that attacking a party like this is not the same as attacking a lone adventurer.
”Those large birds could be trouble.”, he says to warn the others and casts Mage Armor on himself just in case.

2,751 to 2,800 of 3,250 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kulkos Souls for Smuggler’s Shiv (SSk1) - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.