GM Kulkos Racing to Ruin (Serpents Skull 2)

Game Master Kulko

Campaign Page
Map
Treasure Sheet

Orders:

Watch
Shalissa, Davor, Gregor, Kerndrew
Single File Marching
Gregor, Kerndrew, Shalissa, Davor
Double File Marching
Gregor & Kerndrew, Shalissa, Davor
Map


1 to 50 of 3,250 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Early Summer , 4719 AR
----------------------------------------------

The Sargavan merchant vessel Jenivere was one of many that make the yearly voyage along the western coasts of Avistan and northern Garund. Its trade route ran from the Sargavan capital city of Eleder all the way up to Magnimar in Varisia, and then back south again.
The trip was 3,400 miles long and took just over a hundred days one way. Yet despite its length and sometimes dangerous peril, it was also a trip filled with opportunity for profit.
The Jenivere’s ports of call included (from north to south) Magnimar, Kintargo, Pezzack, Corentyn, Ilizmagorti, Ollo, Quent, Port Peril, Bloodcove, Senghor, and finally Eleder.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Magnimar, Early Summer , 4719 AR
---------------------------------------------------------------

Ist been two days since the Jenivere reached ist final destination up north and is now preparing for the trip back south, trading Southern spices and exotic goods for timber and fine cloth.

The day had jaust startetd to heat up when a woman in simple tan robes approaches the ship. Her plain looks are only accentuated by the brightly colored scarf she is wearing around her neck.
On board she proceeds to speak to the captain and a short discussion commences. The mood seems quite friendly as the captain and his new passenger appear to hit it right of the bat and after a while they agree on a fair price for the passage to Eleder.
In the coming days she mostly stays in her cabin, only occasionally stepping outside to enjoy a bit of fresh air or another lighthearted comversation with Captain Kovack.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Magnimar, Early Summer , 4719 AR
---------------------------------------------------------------

The sun is shining hotly onto the docks of the Magnimar port and after three hard days of loading timber, fine cloth and provisions into the ship the Jenivere is finally ready to sail and the crew is enjoying a few minutes of rest before the start of the journey.
Two sailors begin to pull in the plank when a small man in brightly coloured, finely tailored clothes begins to shout for them to stop and starts running across the dock area towards the ship. Luckily for him the sailors put the plank back in place and he boards the ship just before deoparture.
Without a further glance at the men the gnome approaches the captain:"Gelik Aberwhinge, at your service. I would like to secure passage out of this fair city.". After a short discussion he and the captain agree on a price and Gelik retreats below deck until they are out on the sea proper.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Having secured a position on the crew Davor stood, almost invisible among the other workers. The captain hadn't been too concerned when he had admitted that he had few actual shipboard skills. Seems many of the crew were just 'hired muscle', for hauling cargo.... Once he had his 'professional gear' stowed he looked just like any other deck hand. The work day was long, but the actual work was fairly simple. Any heavy cargo seemed to have at least half again as many men to move as were really needed. After watching he noticed the mate and a couple of other seasoned crew watching to be sure nobody was over worked or hurt. (and nobody was shirking!) Whenever he noticed any of them watching him he nodded to let them know that he had noticed, and smiled so they'd know he appreciated their efforts.

After a few days Davor got into the routine of the work. The muscles that weren't accustomed to such work were getting used to the strain. The food was.... not bad really, and he did get enough sleep at night. He found the crew quarters in the lowest decks to be stuffy and cramped, and asked the mate if there was anywhere topside that he could sleep. If they ran through weather he'd be happy for the shelter. But on a clear night he'd be happier anywhere with a breeze!

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric of Erastil 1 | Init +2; Senses Perception +3 AC 13, TCH 12, FF 11 | HP 8 of 8 | Fort +2, Refl +2, Will +4

On the day the Jenivere was to set sail, Hewit Nichaetou boarded as had been arranged with Captain Kovack the day before. He took a few moments to secure his things then saw to arrange the loading of his cargo. He was anxious for this trip, not only because he would traveling far from his home but also because he had never travelled so far from land before. He remembered hearing stories of the men of the Andoran Navy, but he never envisioned he would sail the seas.

Once the planks of darkwood were loaded, he sat on deck to watch as the crew finalized their preparations, and then watch the land recede into the distance as the ship sailed away from Magnimar. As the night came on, he retired to his bunk below. The morning came and then again the night, life on the ship seemed to run on patterns, and Hewit began to learn what to expect. His own patterns began to seem comforting, his prayers, his meals, and his sleep. He tried to keep an eye on how the people onboard were keeping up, he would offer his services to those in need when necessary but otherwise he would keep out of the way.

During the moments of peace onboard, Hewt spent his time working to supply himself with extra arrows. He took his time to carefully tie each flight to a shaft and then to attach the sharpened cold iron arrow head. He would smile at the members of the crew that came by, and he would stop to talk to any of them that seemed to be unoccupied at the moment. He took note of the boisterous gnome who came on board the day they were leaving and one day he decided to strike up a conversation.

”Gelik, is it?” Hewit asked as he leaned against the rail next to the gnome. ”What brings such a refined gentleman as yourself to sail south from the great city of Magnimar?”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

While a lowly deck hand was discouraged from associating with the passengers, they weren't directed to be rude and refuse communication. After all, if a passenger requested assistance it was part of the job to assist if possible. Davor watched as the gnome announced his request for passage to the captain, and then headed straight below deck to his berth. Many were like that and he just assisted hauling and loading cargo as directed. He also assisted with the strange wood cargo of a human passenger, nodding to the man as he assisted with the loading. Clearly the stuff was important to the man, but Davor was too busy during the loading to even consider a conversation with the man.

Once they were out to sea the work load changed. While he wasn't a trained sailor, his agility and other skills helped. He learned the correct knots to secure the lines and listened to all instructions while the weather was fair. He knew that learning to secure a sail during a storm was a really stupid idea!

During one of the quiet moments on deck he noted that the man was making arrows. Curious, he approached him. "Excuse me sir. Are you a professional Fletcher? I see the heads look different from normal. ??"


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page
Hewit Nichaetou wrote:


”Gelik, is it?” Hewit asked as he leaned against the rail next to the gnome. ”What brings such a refined gentleman as yourself to sail south from the great city of Magnimar?”

"Is it customary in this forested backwater to strike up a conversation without first introducing yourself?" Gelik scoffs at Hewit who he clearly takes for a common wood merchant. "My name is Gelik Aberwhinge, and I am a trader in artefacts traveling to sargava to find new merchandise."

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric of Erastil 1 | Init +2; Senses Perception +3 AC 13, TCH 12, FF 11 | HP 8 of 8 | Fort +2, Refl +2, Will +4

Hewit looks a little sheepish at the gnome's question. He smiles though and extends his hand in a friendly gesture.

"I am sorry," he says. "The rocky of the ship has me unsettled a little. My manners escape me."

After a short pause he continues. "Hewit Nichaetou. It is a pleasure to meet a fellow merchant. Though I admit I am not very experienced in the profession myself. The goods are wood though, and I know wood."

At this last he shows off the arrow he is working on, and he notes a member of the crew approach.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric of Erastil 1 | Init +2; Senses Perception +3 AC 13, TCH 12, FF 11 | HP 8 of 8 | Fort +2, Refl +2, Will +4

Hewit smiles at the half-orc crew member.

"I am trained in fletching." he says. "But I must profess it is more of a sign of devotion. Lumberjack is my trade though, so you could say wood is still the root of it."

Hewit smiles at his own joke and continues. "Hewit Nichaetou. And this is Gelik Aberwhinge. I thank you for making this voyage peaceful, even if the waves aren't exactly comforting to me yet."


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor smiles at the answer and politely nods. "And excuse my manners. I am Davor Krill. I'm still fairly new to this profession, but once one gets used to the rocking of the ship it can even be comforting. Just don't try any dangerous work with sharp knives if we are in storm swells."

"I have to admit though that I'm not comfortable in the hold of the ship. Seems a bit.... stuffy when all this fresh air and open sky is available!"


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

" Well there you are. Thats was not too complicated. And dont worry you will get the hang of it. Just Buy low and sell high and the rest will take care of itself."

Gelik is clearly bored by a common wood merchant and oes ot really open up anything about his stay in Magnimar. He spends most of the time with the crew making rude jokes about everything.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric of Erastil 1 | Init +2; Senses Perception +3 AC 13, TCH 12, FF 11 | HP 8 of 8 | Fort +2, Refl +2, Will +4

Hewit considers this man's advice with a smile. "Yes, the open air is nice, as long as the weather is good. Seeking shelter and safety though is the main reason people come together. Life on a boat though is different I must admit. Clearly not something I am accustomed too." Hewit laughs a bit, then catches his balance as the boat rocks and laughs harder.

"I think I see what you mean about sharp knives and rolling waves. Thank you for the advice. Now, if I may be forward, what profession were you in before you set sail my friend. You seem to take to it easily enough."


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

By this time Father Kerndrew and Gregor have already boarded but I want to leave it to them to describe it.

Ilizmagorti, Early Summer , 4719 AR
---------------------------------------------------------

The city of Ilizmagorti is the only settlement of any size on Mediogalti Island.

Called Scum Tide City by its foes, and the Black Pearl of the Tropics by its friends, not much else is know about this city mostly due to the efforts of the Red Mantis to remove it from all records. If there has been any doubt that you have left the "civilized world" a short look at the other ships drives the point home. You see more ships flying open pirate colours then you see chelian or varisian merchants. Given that fact its no surprise that Captain Kovack only decides to stay two days in the city.

On the first evening the next passenger boards the Jenivere. A young woman with a mischievous grin and tousled red hair easily jumps in two steps up the plank onto the deck. When the first mate Alton approaches her, she smiles and replies: "There was a cabin booked for me. Name's Sasha and I travel to Eleder." Alton nods and leads her middecks to show her her cabin.

Sasha soon returns upstairs and joins the other passengers in their passengers in their conversation. Apparently she is send to eleder to support her mothers trading interest in the city.

Now that you can have time to examine her you also notice that the slender youth is carrying two blades in her shoulder sheaths and missing the pinkie finger on her left hand.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

@Hewit
Davor considers the question with a slight smile on his face. "I hadn't really settled on a career yet. I ran errands, delivered messages, worked with a street performer once. I may decide to be a professional sailor, but haven't seen enough to be sure yet. It's a great way to meet quite a variety of people though."

When they get into the next port Davor works hard to get cargo moved onboard or off ship, as directed by the mate.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric of Erastil 1 | Init +2; Senses Perception +3 AC 13, TCH 12, FF 11 | HP 8 of 8 | Fort +2, Refl +2, Will +4

Hewit nods agreement to his new friend Davor and continues to watch the crew work. He lets his own own wait and lets the rocky of the ship set his mind adrift.

The shelter of a small town. his thoughts wander. Did Tabrik see the opportunity that this trip would provide? The crafty dwarf always sees more than he lets on. Hopefully I won't miss such a chance if it comes up.

As the boat comes into the next port, Ilizmagorti, Hewit truly feels out of place. He stays on board, as advised by various members of the crew. A 'den of thieves' they called it. I feel the term pit may have been more appropriate. What kind of cargo, or worse, passengers will we be taking on here.

He keeps an eye on the new passenger but keeps the conversation to a minimum. He works to be polite though, as he cannot be certain that anyone is truly a criminal simply because they live in such a place.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Port Peril, Mid Summer , 4719 AR
---------------------------------------------------------------
A few days later the Jenivere reached Port Perils, the largest port of the Sshackles Pirates. The captain seems to be a well known man in this lands as the Jenivere is allowed to enter the harbour without too much fuss.

Two days later the Jenivere has started boarding ist new cargo, most likely pluder from other merchant ships, when a athletic woman approaches the ship. Once she is on board, ahe asks what a passage to Eleder will cost. "I will make sure you can travel for free! Just share my bunk for the trip and I will put a word with the captain." comes a shout out of a throng of sailors, followed by roaring laughter from the crowd.

The woman makes an annoyed face before stepping up to the sailor. "You don't look like you could handle a woman like me." Then she takes another quick step towards the man, trips him over her left leg and almost immediately sits with his knees pressing down on his windpipe. "How about next time I hear a word from you I feed you to the sharks?"

First Mate Alton can't quite surpress his smile when he approaches. "We are happy to welcome you aboard the Jenivere. I assure you Etson will be on his best behaviour for the rest of the journey."

But the woman , Aerys Mavato as you later find out, seems rather dismayed by the whole event, and makes a consious effort to stay put of everybodys way in the coming days, spending most of her time in her cabin.


NG| Male| Human | 4th Ranger| Conditions: 35/35| AC:17 (FF15/T13)| FO:+5 RE:+7 WL:+4|Initiative: +3/+5 in Jungle| Perc:+9| Stealth: +8

When the ship had docked at the last port in Cheliax, a rough man in studded Leather, well aed with a battleaxe, hand axe, throwing axes and long now talked to the Captain and after paying him some coin had boarded with a man in shackles coming with him. Crewmen took a sea chest of his to the Captains cabin.

He had stayed too him self guarding the man in chains and watching the crew and borders suspiciously up to this point.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Corentyn, Early Summer , 4719 AR
---------------------------------------------------------------

The prisoner is a middle-aged Garundi man with graing hair. He is barely rasing his eyes when he boards the ship. His posture and his looks tell the story of a man defeated by life. Silently he follows Gregor into the their cabin and mostly stays there for the rest of the journey.

GM Dice:

5d20 ⇒ (19, 16, 3, 17, 2) = 57


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

While in port Davor focuses on the work, hauling export cargo off of the ship and loading the new. The work gets boring pretty quick and he quits even trying to notice what the cargo contains. Obviously someone is making lots of coin somehow, but he didn't have the business background to understand the details. Nor did he really care....

Seeing and hearing the unfortunate exchange between a new female passenger, Aerys Mavato, and the foolish crewman Etson, Davor is impressed both with her quick response and the First Mate's resolution. As the ship gets under way again he is surprised that the lady passenger stays in her cabin to avoid any more incidents with the crew. Perhaps she didn't understand the power of the First Mate over the crew? He puts the thought out of his mind as again, it doesn't matter so he doesn't really care.

When the ship docks in Cheliax Davor is interested. The land has a reputation for devil worshipers and such, but the appearance of the port is the same as all the others. He joins the other crew members unloading and loading again. The boredom does get broken when a man arrives with a prisoner in chains. Also strange was the man's sea chest being directed to the Captain's cabin. Davor wasn't in position to help haul the chest, but was able to move in place to help move the prisoner. He makes eye contact (barely) with the guard and glances at the prisoner. "Any assistance needed with him?"


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

A tall, strong, older man boards in Kintargo. Though white-haired, he's still on the young side of middle-aged. He eagerly introduces himself as Father Kerndrew, and makes no secret of his devotion to Iomedae. He boards in her robes, though switches to other, nondescript items as the ship gets underway. "The Inheritor regularly sends expeditions to Sargava and other similar places, to help the development of a well-informed orderly society. And now it's my turn," he says with a light laugh and a friendly grin.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Hearing the older man's statement, Davor approaches, clear interest on his face. "Inheritor? Who would that be? Pardon my rudeness, but I've not studied any religion and it seems strange to me that a man of advanced years would just be getting your 'turn' now."

He tries for a friendly smile and hopes his orcish teeth aren't misunderstood. "Davor Krill. Simple crew man. If you have any questions about ship procedures.... Well, I'm fairly new to the job but I'll try to answer."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

The older man grins, clearly pleased to be asked. "The Inheritor is Iomedae, so named as she 'inherited' many of Aroden's followers upon his death. She was chosen as Aroden's herald upon passing the Test of the Starstone, and served him that way until his death. Many of his followers saw that she would carry his legacy forward; they weren't wrong."

He claps the man on the shoulder with a smile. "And yes, these hairs have gone white, but Iomedae's church helped divorce me from a treacherous past. I've already lived a life, but it's one I'll lead no longer. Now, I go to Sargava, and see what our church can do for the people who try to forge their new future." He grips Davor's shoulder tightly; the half-orc can definitely feel the strength in the man's grip... but it's not threatening. Instead, it's immediate, warm, and friendly.

"Tell me about yourself, Davor. Where are you from; what made you sign up for the Jenivere? Surely not simply coin..."


NG| Male| Human | 4th Ranger| Conditions: 35/35| AC:17 (FF15/T13)| FO:+5 RE:+7 WL:+4|Initiative: +3/+5 in Jungle| Perc:+9| Stealth: +8

When approached by Davor, Gregor had nodded at the crewman. [B]Naw. He's harmless enough. Truly seems resigned to whatever fate has in store. Didn't even put up a fight or try to flee when I came to him. Just held out his arms as if he knew the day would come[b]


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Bloodcove, Mid Summer , 4719 AR
---------------------------------------------------------------
While the Jenivere approaches Bloodcove, one of the few bastions of civilization on the Fever Sea, the passengers get their first view of the Mangwi Expanse behind the city in a distance.

The Expanse speaks to you of deep, uncharted wilds and endless exploration. Within its borders, unforgiving jungles devour the unprepared, swallowing all in the darkness of their dense foliage and sweltering heat.
Yet at the same time, broad and sweeping savannas offer little shelter to those who live and hunt in their rolling scrublands, chasing gazelles and farming f loodplains along muddy river banks. The Expanse is a bountiful land, but one where dangers lurk at every turn, whether they be confrontations with duplicitous and cutthroat agents of greedy trading companies or the snarling hunger of prehistoric beasts, man-eating plants, and intelligent, demon-worshiping apes. Those men and women calledMwangi by outsiders grow up strong, hard, and proud, and their cultures date back farther than citif ied northerners’ recorded history. The Expanse is the antithesis of modern civilization—and an adventurer’s paradise.

Two hours later the Jenivere finally reaches the port of bloodcove and by now the process of uneasy diplomacy and haggling, loading and unloading of wares and exchange of passengers is well known already.

In Bloodcove a rugged looking elderly Tian boards the Jenivere. His graying hair is worn in a ponytail and his scruffy beard is arranged in two plaits. His clothing and armor are well kept and clean, but obviously of low quality. Only his Sword a beautifully crafted Katana sticks out from his general look of disregard.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

@Father Kerndrew
Davor listens as the man explains some of the basic tenants of his faith. He wonders as the story includes a previous time of the man's life. A time that he had left behind, perhaps similar to what Davor was running from? It takes a moment to realize that he had asked a question, and was waiting for an answer. He smiles again, glancing down, "I'm from Magnimar, raised mostly by my mother. I did meet my father's people, and live with them for several years. They seemed a little barbaric so I left and tried to start a life of my own." He pauses for a second and glances up shaking his head, "Simply coin? Coin isn't so simple when you need it, but no. That's not why I signed up for the Jenivere. I'm happy doing hard work that actually means something. Searching around Magnimar or Riddleport didn't show me what I wanted. Working as a crewman here offered a chance to see more of the world, and meet people from countries that I had only heard of, or even some countries that I hadn't. Maybe I'll find a new home. Or maybe I'll get a calling, like you perhaps. But I'm still a young man and I want to experience more of the world."

@Gregor
"Thank you then. And if you do need something, ask any of the crew, or me specifically. We're here for the passengers."

As they approach the Bloodcove Davor spends some time at the rail. The wilds of the Mwangi Expanse drew his attention and his mind goes back to what he had discussed with Father Kerndrew. Were the wilds calling him? Were there opportunities there for him? When they moor in place he has to run to his place to do his work, unloading and then loading. As such he barely has more than a few seconds to nod at the new passenger. But maybe there would be time once the ship is underway again, if the man is interested in communicating.


NG| Male| Human | 4th Ranger| Conditions: 35/35| AC:17 (FF15/T13)| FO:+5 RE:+7 WL:+4|Initiative: +3/+5 in Jungle| Perc:+9| Stealth: +8

Gregor stood near the rail with Davor, he found the crewmans company enjoyable as one who seemed cut from similar cloth...someone born into need and not want. one of those lost to the tenants of civilization. one who possessed a survival tendency that went beyond what most would consider. One born into forceable roughness.

He had a small booklet open reading about Bloodcove so Bloodcove was founded by pirates and is still considered a pirate city to some extent though The Grand Admiralty of the Fever Sea, currently Harthwik Barzoni trie to legitimize it to some degree. Cheliax's Aspis Consortium has its hooks in the city though. He holds the pamphlet up and remarks I try to know about where im goin

He glances over at Jask tied to the mast so he could get some sunlight, as he did several times an hour to make sure his prisoner was safe.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric of Erastil 1 | Init +2; Senses Perception +3 AC 13, TCH 12, FF 11 | HP 8 of 8 | Fort +2, Refl +2, Will +4

At the port of Bloodcove, Hewit sees the rough, heavily-armed man on deck along with the man who was obviously a prisoner. Curious about what has brought the two on board, Hewit approaches and begins a conversation.

”Hello my friend,” the casually-dressed but mostly unarmed man says to Gregor, ”I seen you keeping an eye on the man you brought on board, and I am curious what has this man done to be restrained in the middle of the waters. And if he is dangerous, perhaps another set of eyes could be helpful.

”Oh, sorry, the sea air seems to continually make me forget my manners. Name’s Hewit Nichaetou, representative of the Lumber Consortium of Andoran and devotee of Erastil. I must admit the time on the sea has not been completely calming to me.” Hewit ends the statement with his hand extended in a friendly gesture.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor enjoys the company at the rail watching the Mwangi expanse. Noticing the small book Gregor was reading he looks at it curiously. "Very interesting. Where does one get such a useful information source? I know little of the geography of the world beyond the borders where I've lived, and actually not enough of that."


NG| Male| Human | 4th Ranger| Conditions: 35/35| AC:17 (FF15/T13)| FO:+5 RE:+7 WL:+4|Initiative: +3/+5 in Jungle| Perc:+9| Stealth: +8

The dwarven priest approached Gregor and he answered holding the pamphlet by his side.

Gregor Kardoff. Im a Ratcatcher. Interesting. I used to be employed by the Lumber Consortium for a good while, chasing down criminals for them. Recently I found it more financially beneficial to be self employed. This one? He points his thumb at Jask tied to the mast, He appears harmless enoughand I dont rightly know what he's done. I was asked to deliver him to Eleder for crimes committed. And so I am.

Hewit, Never heard the name in the circles I ran with, but that doesnt mean anything, The Consortium is very large. What brings a priest of the trees to sea?

Then he answered Davor, Most ports have map makers who can sell maps and small pamphlets giving some of the basic information about a place. As I told Hewit here. Names Gregor Kardoff.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric of Erastil 1 | Init +2; Senses Perception +3 AC 13, TCH 12, FF 11 | HP 8 of 8 | Fort +2, Refl +2, Will +4

Hewit is taken by surprise to run into someone connected to the Consortium out here but decides to let the issue go for the moment. He looks at the pamphlet Gregor has and smiles to Davor as well.

"Hello again Davor." he says to the crew member. "I feel I am in the same situation. I know the trails back in Falcon's Hollow like grains in my own bow, but I have no idea what to expect from where we are heading. Perhaps Gregor could help educate both of us in this?"

Hewit stands back to see what he can learn, but his mind drifts back to Gregor possibly being a Consortium enforcer. A 'former' Consortium enforcer on board, and leading a man who may or may not be a criminal. Even so far from home the haunting corruption of those thugs back in Andoran leaves its mark.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG| Male| Human | 4th Ranger| Conditions: 35/35| AC:17 (FF15/T13)| FO:+5 RE:+7 WL:+4|Initiative: +3/+5 in Jungle| Perc:+9| Stealth: +8

Gregor pauses waiting for Hewit to answer him and stiffens when he realizes the Priest had no intention of answering him....

He says Depends. Im still reading. But maybe I do. What would ya like to know?


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor watches and listens to both men, but when offered information he has trouble forming the question. "So.... You mentioned Cheliax. And the Aspis Consortium? I don't know what that is but I've heard of Cheliax and their devil worshiping and such. That might be just rumors and tales to frighten children, but why would they be trying to sway a government supposedly run by pirates? Seems like an exercise in futility to me...."


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none
GM Kulko wrote:

The day had just started to heat up when a woman in simple tan robes approaches the ship. Her plain looks are only accentuated by the brightly colored scarf she is wearing around her neck.

...
In the coming days she mostly stays in her cabin, only occasionally stepping outside to enjoy a bit of fresh air or another lighthearted conversation with Captain Kovack.

As the ship is underway, and ports come and go, Father Kerndrew begins trying to meet the other passengers on this trip. He notices a woman in plain dress who seems to mostly keep to herself.

"Hello, ma'am. My name is Father Kerndrew, blessed of Iomedae. I'm not here to preach, though if you want to share a prayer I'll never object! I can't help but notice you stay to your own cabin most of the time. What is your name, and--if I may ask--what's your destination? Where did you embark from?"


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none
GM Kulko wrote:

Two sailors begin to pull in the plank when a small man in brightly coloured, finely tailored clothes begins to shout for them to stop and starts running across the dock area towards the ship. Luckily for him the sailors put the plank back in place and he boards the ship just before deoparture.

Without a further glance at the men the gnome approaches the captain:"Gelik Aberwhinge, at your service. I would like to secure passage out of this fair city.". After a short discussion he and the captain agree on a price and Gelik retreats below deck until they are out on the sea proper.

In due time, Father Kerndrew finds this colorful gnome, and introduces himself. "What brings you onto this fine ship, my colorful and sharp man? I'm Father Kerndrew, on a holy quest for Iomedae, but out here in the sea breeze I'm just another man, killing the time. Where are you from, and where do you head?"


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

The women turns towards Father Kerndrew and smiles easily:

"Hello Father, my name is Ieana and I am travelling to Eleder. There I hope to find a local guide to lead me into the Mwangi heartlands where I will study the customs of the Zenj people. I have been studying them for a while back home in Varisia by reading the works of other explorers of this region. and I am very excited to visit them myself."


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none
GM Kulko wrote:
"...I am very excited to visit them myself."

Father Kerndrew returns the woman's smile with a jovial grin of his own. "Perhaps we could find ourselves on the same path! I know not where the church will send me specifically, but I believe Eleder is where I will find out."

I was doing some wiki research, and it seems that Eleder is no longer Eleder in 4719; in 4717 it became Anthusis, capital of Vidrian, which replaced Sargava when the Zenj revolted. Where are we in that timeline?


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page
Father Kerndrew wrote:


In due time, Father Kerndrew finds this colorful gnome, and introduces himself. "What brings you onto this fine ship, my colorful and sharp man? I'm Father Kerndrew, on a holy quest for Iomedae, but out here in the sea breeze I'm just another man, killing the time. Where are you from, and where do you head?"

The gnome throws a quick glance towards the father. "A fine day to you. I am Gelik Aberwhinge, and I am heading wherever the windsblows me. And currently he seems to be blowing south."


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none
Hewit Nichaetou wrote:
During the moments of peace onboard, Hewt spent his time working to supply himself with extra arrows. He took his time to carefully tie each flight to a shaft and then to attach the sharpened cold iron arrow head. He would smile at the members of the crew that came by, and he would stop to talk to any of them that seemed to be unoccupied at the moment.

As he makes his rounds, introducing himself to various folks on the ship, Father Kerndrew eventually alights on this man fletching the boring days away. "Well, that's one way to bide the time!" he offers with a chuckle. He offers a hand to shake. "I'm Father Kerndrew, and I'm just trying to get to know the people I'm sailing with. I boarded in Kintargo. Got a name, friend? Where are you from and where are you going?"


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none
Gelik wrote:
The gnome throws a quick glance towards the father. "A fine day to you. I am Gelik Aberwhinge, and I am heading wherever the windsblows me. And currently he seems to be blowing south."

"Indeed. South it certainly seems. I'm to disembark in Sargava. The church has much to do in that untamed land, and I have a mind, a heart, and a strong arm to offer. Perhaps on or the other will help." He pauses, trying to judge whether the gnome was hiding something, or just not talkative.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

"You didn't say where you were from. What's your trade?"


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Gelik replies: "Actually I am originally from around here, but that's been ages ago. Lastly I was in Magnimar but the opportunities up there have been drying up so now I am off to visit my roots."

The gnome is actually quite talkactive spending most his time with the sailors or other passengers. He loves making fun of everything and everybody without sparing anybodys feelings. Especially Etson is catching constant remarks about his unsuccessful wooing for Aerys Mavato.

Sense Motive: You are not sure. maybe he is really just an easy spirit.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Gnome Sorcerer | CG | Init:+3 | HP8/8 | AC:13 T:12 FF:12 CMD:9 [+2jng] | F:+3 R:+1 W:+3 | Perc:+6, low-light | SM:+0| Spells: 1st(1/4): Silent Image, Color Spray | SLA: Entangle, Water, Guidance, EDiplo | Active: None || Enzi Black Jaguar | 11/11 HP | AC:16 T:13 FF:13 CMD:15 | F:+4 R:+6 W:+4 | Perc:+1, low-light, scent

In Port Peril another passenger joined the ship. Right before the ship was going to depart a gnome woman came riding down the docks and hailed them. It was a strange figure with hair all the colors of the rainbow, even more striking than most gnomes. She was wearing a green light gauzy dress that covered her from neck to toes billowing behind her from the motion. Despite her small stature, it was clear she was no child, with generous curves not hid at all by the thin garment. The creature she was riding was another surprise. A big black jungle cat, a jaguar.

Panting from exertion she reached the gangplank before it was pulled up. "Is this the Jenivere? I heard you were leaving back towards the jungle shortly. I'm Kenderella Lefuriel and I would very much like to book passage. This is such a magnificent ship and I would be delighted to be able to sail with you." Recovering her breath her expression changes to a bright cheery smile. She turns on the charm to be allowed on board, suppressing for a moment thoughts about the events that just transpired.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric of Erastil 1 | Init +2; Senses Perception +3 AC 13, TCH 12, FF 11 | HP 8 of 8 | Fort +2, Refl +2, Will +4

Hewit looks over at Davor. "I can attest that the devil worship in Cheliax is no story to frighten children but why they would be concerned with a pirate den, I can only speculate. Perhaps it is simply that they wish to enforce the rule of hell beyond their borders."

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric of Erastil 1 | Init +2; Senses Perception +3 AC 13, TCH 12, FF 11 | HP 8 of 8 | Fort +2, Refl +2, Will +4

Hewit turns toward Davor and smiles. "I can attest that the devil worship in Cheliax is no mere story to frighten children, but why they would wish to have influence over a pirate den is beyond my guess. Perhaps they wish to spread the laws of Hell beyond their borders."


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Desperation Bay, Midsummer 4710 AR
------------------------------------------------------------

The Jenivere finally reaches the last part of her journey after leaving Senghor and entering the desperation bay.

It will be another 4 days before the ship will be entering Eleder, the final destination of the journey. Hewitt and Father Kerndrew are standing together on deck trying to find the first traces of land on the horizon, wondering what their new live in Sagava would be like. Gregor on the other hand is enjoying the friendly outlook, looking forward to finish his easiest bounty job so far without any complications.

Davor is working in the rigs, to execute some slight course change to react to a change in wheather. Shortly before the end of the journey the mood of the crew swings between happy expectation and uneasy fear. There is talk amidst the sailors, that the Jenivere had too much luck for her own good so far and that this can't last for the whole journey. Funny what
argumentations superstition can find.

After some quiet and moody first few days Kenderella is showing more and more of her easy ccheerfull personality. She is standing together with Aerys who is up for a breath of fresh air, cmparing notes on some places in the shackles where they both been to.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor takes his work very seriously, partly because he doesn't have as much experience as some of the rest of the crew but also because he wants to learn it.... Once he gets the changes made to the rigging he stays in place to watch. He'd heard the rumors, silliness about 'too much good luck'. But he'd always ignored such talk. Only the gods knew when someone's luck would change! But hadn't he just been talking with Hewet about the Cheliaxian devil worshipers.... ?? Just maybe!

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric of Erastil 1 | Init +2; Senses Perception +3 AC 13, TCH 12, FF 11 | HP 8 of 8 | Fort +2, Refl +2, Will +4

Hewit leans on the rail of the ship, looking at the slightly rolling sea. He adjusts his darkwood holy symbol and then turns to the older gentleman nearby to get to know another of the passengers. "Another grand day at sea, my friend. Name's Hewit. Good to meet another man of faith on this trip. What brings a priest of The Inheritor to travel to the jungle?"

Hewit offers his hand in friendship with genuine interest in another faithful traveler.


Female Gnome Sorcerer | CG | Init:+3 | HP8/8 | AC:13 T:12 FF:12 CMD:9 [+2jng] | F:+3 R:+1 W:+3 | Perc:+6, low-light | SM:+0| Spells: 1st(1/4): Silent Image, Color Spray | SLA: Entangle, Water, Guidance, EDiplo | Active: None || Enzi Black Jaguar | 11/11 HP | AC:16 T:13 FF:13 CMD:15 | F:+4 R:+6 W:+4 | Perc:+1, low-light, scent

Kendrella smiles over at the other woman. "I wish I could experience all the wonders of the world, but some places are more wondrous while others are less pleasant. The shackles were particularly unpleasant, so I'm heading back to the jungle. I know it much better, hopefully I'll find even more thrilling experinces there. How was your time in the shackles?" While talking she's idly stroking Enzi, leaning against his side. After what happened she doesn't want to part with him unless she has to. Given her affinity for animals, keeping control of him haven't been a problem.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Aerys sighs when at the mention of her homeland. "I have a lot of fond memories of the place. But ultimately I learned that as a woman you are not given a chance there."

Aerys than changes the subject to the Jenivere. She seems to know a lot about ships and seems to have a good opinion of the vessel.


Female Gnome Sorcerer | CG | Init:+3 | HP8/8 | AC:13 T:12 FF:12 CMD:9 [+2jng] | F:+3 R:+1 W:+3 | Perc:+6, low-light | SM:+0| Spells: 1st(1/4): Silent Image, Color Spray | SLA: Entangle, Water, Guidance, EDiplo | Active: None || Enzi Black Jaguar | 11/11 HP | AC:16 T:13 FF:13 CMD:15 | F:+4 R:+6 W:+4 | Perc:+1, low-light, scent

Kendrella listens with rapt attention to the other woman. She prompts her to continue and nods along to keep her speaking. Finally when it's her turn to speak again she says. "Ships are fascinating. It's amazing that a pile of wood properly put together can help you across sea swiftly and safely. Jenivere is a magnificent vessel. I'm very happy I got to sail on her. I wish I knew more about ships, but I know that my talents ultimately lie elsewhere. I'm better with people, animals and magic rather than with construction or sailing."

She nuzzles up against Enzi. "Did you ever have any animals? Or perhaps you have other hidden talents? It's so nice to make new friends and to learn more about them. Do you have something you truly excell at and enjoy?"


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

"Animals? Not really! For me the true creatures of the sea are the ships."

The women continue to talk about their respective e passiosn for a while before Aerys returns back to her cabin.

1 to 50 of 3,250 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kulkos Souls for Smuggler’s Shiv (SSk1) - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.