GM Kulkos Racing to Ruin (Serpents Skull 2) (Inactive)

Game Master Kulko

Campaign Page
Map
Treasure Sheet

Orders:

Watch
Shalissa, Davor, Gregor, Kerndrew
Single File Marching
Gregor, Kerndrew, Shalissa, Davor
Double File Marching
Gregor & Kerndrew, Shalissa, Davor
Map


2,851 to 2,900 of 3,250 << first < prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | next > last >>

Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor walks along with the others, obviously not locals here. The locals were everywhere working with the trading along with any people chasing money. While some of the buildings looked like they were being reclaimed by the jungle, nothing looked like it was going to collapse under a light breeze.

Remembering that this was a city again, with the perils that would bring Davor watches for those that would be watching for an opportunity. There were always those that wanted what others had....

He'll let the diplomats of the party lead and try to find the contact that they'd been told about.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

Father Kerndrew can't contain his open wonder at the amazing city as it unfolds in front of them. While the jungle had certainly presented it's challenges, Aron thought that--given his background--he'd adapted pretty well. But jungle was jungle... it was supposed to wild and overgrown. Cities we supposed to still be cities though! This crazy mish-mash of ruin and wild growth... he was just having a hard time wrapping his head around it. It's beautiful, but also just a mess; how can people find their way around? These Mwangi... definitely a different people entirely!

He gathers himself, though, putting his tourist face away as he joins Shalissa in trying to hunt down their contact.

Diplomacy (gather information): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Now that Neethan has agreed to join the team, he takes a little more interest in the group. He can sense that there are different types of people in the diverse group. Shalissa, Davor, Kerndrew and Kyra seem to be the more social ones. The wizard wonders about the scraggy-looking, unkept man in the loincloth though. He looks a bit old with wrinkles, but has so far managed to keep up, albeit not been much help in the fights. Neethan can sense that the man does not seem to like being there, or even like the wizard at all.
Nodding a little towards Nkechi, Neethan asks Davor and Shalissa: ”What’s the deal with him? Kind of odd and keeps to himself?", he says with a low voice.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor glances back to Nkechi. "Oh right. He's..... a shaman I guess, and a guide. We had to prove ourselves to him, then he used magic to gain guidance. It was a very interesting experience. I'd never been a dog before!" He shrugs and smiles. "A guide and I think an ally."


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

A ‘dog’?
Neethan is not sure what Davor means but recognizes that it might be impolite to investigate the topic further, if the half-orc had been forced to degrade himself.

Since the last native guide had abandoned him and his previous team, the wizard is biased to not trust the shaman either, but rather marks him as ‘suspect’. He’s going to be cautious with this one.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"At least you did not have to carry your home on the back..." Shalissa adds to Davor with a smile remembering the time she had been a tortoise "Nkechi is a bit of eclectic and tough to grasp, but he has a kind heart for the nature and a great empathy to it. If it had not been for him we would be already dead by one of the many hazards the jungle has to offer"

The elf suddenly remembers something and looks back at Neethan trying to reassure him "He is a proven guide, he is not like your company's one, look he brought us to Kalabuto and he is not running anywhere at the first sight of trouble. Be sure, we are in good hands."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

Talk of their spirit journey brings Father Kerndrew back to the present, interestingly. He chuckles with Shalissa and Davor. "Don't tell Iomedae, but I might have fought better as a bull than I do with this sword..."


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan is even more confused by Shalissa’s comment to Davor, but he lets it pass when she continues to speak and vouch for Nkechi.

”Well, allow me to be a bit suspicious, ‘til I know better …
Anyway, who is this contact you are looking for? Do you have a name or a place where to meet?”


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Seeing Neethan's confusion Davor chuckles quietly. "It was a.... Well, I guess it would be called a spirit journey, to show us something of the path ahead and our enemies. We took on animal spirit forms. I don't really understand it. Never had any formal magic training for the little bit of witch magic that I can use. But for all that Shalissa and the Father might have understood it better I had fun! Except for when we reached our enemy. We won the fight but it certainly wasn't fun." He pauses, eyes glazed a bit, "As much battle as we've been through, well, I don't enjoy fighting. I do what I have to and do my best to finish quickly."


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa does share with Neethan the name of their contact and anything she might know about her.

Father Kerndrew gets a smile from Shalissa "Your sword is sharp enough to cut when needed"

"The vision-fight was an allegory of the defeat of the serpentfolk god. The decapitation of the ancient snake-god Ydersius" Shalissa frowns remembering "I am convinced it means he is to play a role in our expedition to Saventh-Yhi, for it was an Azlant hero who is told to have been to achieve such a thing"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

You walk through the outskirts of Kalabuto and think about the contact Kassata gave you. Her agent in this town is a dwarf named Cheiton, who usually holds office in the Shrunken Head tavern.

While you are discussing how to best find the place, a young roughly 10-year old child approaches you. The zenji girl offers small wooden fetishes to passers by. "Jaguar charm make you strong like zenji warrior. Or you need protection from Evil Magic. Frog here will ward you."


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

Father Kerndrew crouches down to the level of the child and examines the charms. "This is very interesting! Who makes these charms?"

While chatting the child up, he examines the fetishes and the child with detect evil.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor joins Father Kerndrew to look at the kids charms. He assumes they are junk and the child is a beggar, but maybe a little coin would help the child. "Do you have one of a fast cat, like a cheetah? I want to be fast and agile!"

"How much for such a charm?"


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan listens as more details of the others’ ‘spiritual adventure’ are spilled out. He realizes that he likely does not understand even half of it, but their story gives credit to there being some real clues into finding Saventh-Yhi.

The team continues to make their way through the overgrown (but inhabited) ruined buildings of Kalabuto, seeking their contact.
When a small Zenji girl approaches them, Neethan is at first skeptical, but he calms down some as the rest of the team seems interested in the charms she is peddling. The wizard had seen enough of this knick-knack in Eleder and is not really interested, but then lightens up, thinking there’s no real harm in that. It’s not as if the charms are really magical, right? He uses his ability to Detect Magic to see what she offers.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

"My mother makes them and then they are charmed by our shaman." They are not evil.

When Davor states his interest her eyes light up. "Yes master, here I have a charm of a hunting dog. It costs only 5 copper." She throws a big smile at the Halforc showing him a crude wooden figurine.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Detect Magic gives ...?


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

When the girl approaches to sell them something, Shalissa's instincts first kick in and she looks around for someone trying to rob the team while they are distracted.
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

But seeing none, she relaxes and approaches the kid with a smile "Me does not want to be assaulted by the evil spirits kid, can I have one of those frogs?" the elf offers the 5 coppers to the little girl while picking up the charm.

"Would you happen to know where can we find a dwarf by the name of Cheiton? We were told to look at the Shrunken Head tavern, where is that?" Shalissa turns the frog charm to examine it more closely later "Who is this shaman you talk about?"
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor looks at the somewhat dog shaped 'charm' and smiles. A dog, like his spirit shape! When Shalissa digs for copper pulls out a silver coin. "I haven't 5 copper coins but perhaps I can cover the frog for our lady, and a dog talisman for myself? It looks... interesting, and appropriate."

He had started when the child mentioned a shaman, but happily lets Shalissa ask in his place.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

With their spirit journey so fresh in his mind, Father Kerndrew knows what he would like to ask for. "The Inheritor, Iomedae, expects I wield my sword with the strength and confidence of a bull. If you have a charm like that, I would dearly love it."


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

The charms are not magic

"Yes yes I have a bull." The child grabs another figurine from her bag and hands it to Father Kerndrew. The Figurine is crude but the bull can be discerned.

When Shalissa mentions the tavern she thinks shortly. "Yes I think I know this tavern. Should I lead you there?"


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Having determined that the charms are indeed not magic, Neethan just smiles briefly at the girl, but otherwise does not show any interest in buying any charm for himself. He already has one of sorts under his skin.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa smiles, as much as for Kerndrew's bull request as to be nice to the girl "Yes, please, guide us there"

The elf also nods to Davor thanking him for paying for her own charm.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor tucks his dog amulet into his belt pouch with a grin and moves over by Neethan. Assuming the mage probably uses the language of magic he uses draconic to speak to him. "Probably unneeded, but back in Magnimar the guild uses kids to pick targets. Could be innocent but stay alert."

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan’s thoughts about charms and magic amulets come to an abrupt halt, when Davor reminds him of the reality of the streets. The wizard knows he has lived most of his life in either a rather secure environment or at very strict schools, where pickpockets were a rare occurrence (and punished with extreme prejudice). Even his time in a few caravans before, was more spent in the outdoors far from the narrow throngs of a ruined city.

He gives Davor a nod of recognition and starts being more alert. His plan is to follow the others until they find their contact and/or a place to stay while waiting. He will then try to report at the local office of the Gold Crown Shipping and Mining Company.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Walking through the ancient ruins with other people shuffling alongside you gives a surreal feeling of walking through two different times at once. Kibi (The child) purposefully walks you towards the river where the trading houses are located.

Being warned by his former experience in Magnimar, Davor keeps an Eye on her and soon notices that she is checking the sidestreets suspiciously and from time to time seems to be malking hand sign to somebody.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Seeing what he had figured was going on he moves from person to person, motioning to the girl when she is turned away 'leading' the group, and let's them know to be alert. "Guild?" Then he moves up closer to the girl. "How much farther? I gotta say that I'm glad for a guide. This is a good sized city. If we need any supplies in a couple of days, would you know who we could talk to? To get a good price on proper food and stuff?"


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Most of the trade and the heavy transport is done along the river, so Neethan is not surprised they are heading in that direction. In fact, if they had not been going that way, he’d been more worried. Now instead, he is more focused on the people bumping into him in the street.

Davor’s comment confuses him for a moment, thinking the halforc is referencing the Rivermen’s Guild, but then he remembers the rogue’s background and understands that he’s warning them for members of the thieves’ guild more likely. Is the kid leading them astray? The wizard sharpens his awareness and pays more attention to her actions, not just her words.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa is tired from the long trip and is a bit more distracted than Davor in this street walking, definitely more used to the elven society more based on trust "These streets are like a maze, I do not want to mean you do not know where we are going Kibi, but is there a more open and broad path?"
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

"It take us a while to get to the riverfront, but from there its just a minute." As far as you can tell, Kibi is leading you more or less in the right direction and after a mere 15 minutes you arrive at the river.

When Davor asks the girl about a supply merchant she shortly considers and then answers:" Sure Let me check a few people but I know just the right guy"

Sense Motive DC 15:

She isObviously trying to gues who wis wiling to give her the best cut, if she brings you as customers.

The Shrunken Head tavern lies on a stretch of riverside boardwalk wedged between an exotic hardwoods warehouse and a small copper foundry. A former warehouse, the tavern’s ground f loor sits upon old stone ruins, while the remainder of the structure has a wood frame and plank walls.
Inside, customers crowd the dimly lit hall. A haze of smoke from guttering tallow candles fills the room, and on every table, dark-skinned dancing girls dressed in brightly colored veils work the house, occasionally dipping into the pockets of leering patrons. Once sacred spirit dancers, they’ve been reduced to little more than exotic curiosities who make their money entertaining drunken foreigners by performing bastardized versions of their ritual dances on bar tables.

Added a map of tavern area to the slides.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

Sense Motive DC 15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Father Kerndrew is nearly willing to give the young girl a total pass, when something in the way her thoughts linger before answering catches his attention. Ahhh, he thinks with a slight grin, gotta look after number one; I don't blame you girl, not at all! I've lived that life, too.... While he recognizes her self-interest in helping them, he speaks nothing of it.

When he steps into the Shrunken Head, his eyes grow briefly wide as so much of his past flashes in front of his face. He instinctively glances around the establishment, looking for both staff and patrons who might be more than they appear. He whispers quickly to the nearest of his companions: "Hopefully we don't need to be a part of it, but Organized Crime--yes, the kind in capital letters--definitely use this establishment. I've run these kinds of places before; I know how they work." His eyes give the room one more once-over, this time looking for specifically familiar faces. It would be unusual to see someone from his past deep in the jungle like this... but it's better to be vigilant about such things.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Not noticing anything in the girl herself, Shalissa enters the tavern without a judgemental stare, only looking at the scene with the curiosity of a researcher willing to document the barbarian habits of the locals.

The words from Kerndrew catch her attention and she raises an eyebrow with surprise "This is not the kind of establishment I expected to see you related to Father Kerndrew. It seems you have had a second life before becoming Iomedae's arm after all..."

Shalissa approaches the counter and orders a cup of milk. Placing a coin to pay for it, she asks "Do you know a dwarf by the name of Cheiton?"
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Davor grins at the girl's reply. Yes, she'd provide a contact with local merchants. And the contact would channel a percentage of the coin back to her and her guild. He's very glad to no longer be in that part of his life. He wonders if it would be possible to earn her trust and get her away from the dangerous path that she was on.... But, they don't really have time for that!

Entering the bar Davor moves aside if possible in case enemies had followed them in. He expects that their guide might have brought them to an ambush.... Davor is surprised by the Father's comment, then grins with Shalissa's reply. He hardly notices the dancers as his focus is for enemies. "Yes Father. Sometime when we are in a safe place I'd like to hear those stories. Perhaps we come from similar backgrounds?"

With Shalissa approaching the counter Davor keeps a hand on the hilt of a dagger while scanning the room for possible enemies.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Shalissa is taken aback by the grimy and dirty look and the lewd aggressive atmosphere of the place, but people with a more colorful past recognize all the markings of a typical riverfront or habourside tavern.

When Shalissa tries to order a milk the barkeep looks at her disgusted only remarking. "Do I look like a cow to you? This is a place for hard working people." He is also completely ignoring her question for now.

Having brought them to the tavern and collecting a copper for the deed, Kibi starts offering her charms to the patrons, expertly dodging the kicks and insults from extremly uninterested customers. Remembering his past, Davor keeps checking on her from time to time but she seems to be able to handle herself. But he cannot shake the feeling that she is also keeping an eye on the group.

Looking across the tavern You notice a brawny dwarf siiting on a table near the bar, who looks like the man described to you.
Cheiton is the local expert for organizing expeditions as far as you know. Kassata gave you his name and description, but he is not relly a member of her crew.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan relaxes a bit when they finally get off the street and into the tavern. While the place looks a little shady, it’s to be expected and they are likely safer from thieves and cutthroats in here. He’s not been to the Shrunken Head before, but looks for anyone he might recognize anyway. He has a longing to catch up what has happened since last he was in town.

The wizard moves slowly towards the bar desk too, realizing he is thirsty. He almost laughs out when Shalissa orders milk, but tries so keep it to himself. Neethan orders a mug of ale, if he can get the barkeeper’s attention.

Anyone Neethan recognizes here?
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

When Davor finally realizes what Shalissa ordered, mainly by the rude response of the barkeep, he chuckles and picks her coin up. "Let's order, if we want to, over at a table. Does that one look right? The dwarf there..."

He motions in the direction of the table rather than actually pointing. Pointing is rude in any culture, even in a rough place like this.

Approaching the table (still trying to keep a casual eye on Kibi) Davor stops about a foot away. "Are you Cheiton? We were given a name and description by Kassata." He pauses waiting for a response before saying anything else.


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

Father Kerndrew orders an ale himself, then takes a place by the dwarf at the bar. He keeps his voice a little low as he makes his introduction. "Excuse me; I hope I'm not interrupting. We're organizing an expedition and were given your description as a good contact. Are you perhaps the dwarf they call Cheiton?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

"If so, is this a good place to talk?"


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"Oookey" Shalissa clenches her teeth and grasp her trident with strength but is thankful for Davor's timely intervention. Breathing deeply she smiles and nods joining the others on the dwarf's table.

As both the half-orc and Kerndrew make the introduction, she just barely adds, softly and after looking around for any close ears "Kassata sends us"
Diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

If there is enough room to join the others around the dwarf, Neethan will do so. Since he has no info for the contact, he is satisfied to just listen. If it’s getting too crowded, he will try to overhear, but otherwise keeps an eye on anyone else at the tavern that might look too interested in them talking to the dwarf. He keeps a friendly smile at his face though.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

The dwarf invites you to sit down on his table. " An expedition you say. You found the right dwarf. for the job. Where do you want to travel?"


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Halfway across the bar, Neethan suddenly sees someone he recognizes. Someone he thought was dead. Two diagonal scars now run across the halfelf’s face, but the wizard is pretty sure even so. The fighter from The Crown was (is?) one of the few people Neethan has called ‘friend’.
The others will have to talk to the dwarf for a while now, because Neethan wants to be sure. He walks up to the halfelf hoping he has seen correctly.
Seeing the halfelf recognizing him too and obviously showing surprise, Neethan greets him:
”Cefas! So, you survived too? Did the dinosaurs do that to your face?”
The two shake hands as brothers and start talking.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Hearing his name called the the Half-Elf looks up in surprise.
"Kiddo, is it really you? We thought you lost. Yes that Dinos were nasty. Me and Marces git driven off the camp and then one bastard hunted us down. When he caught up he gave me this small present but in the end we were able to kill him."

"What about you? Somebody saw you running of towards that cursed mine but we didn't dare looking inside. And with food running low we could not linger too long."

Cefas invites Neethan to sit with him and the man talk about the old times.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa looks up and back seeing Neethan approach some half-elf stranger. Noting they are some kind of friend, she turns back to the dwarf lowering her voice as they talk "In fact we are looking for a safe path to the ruins of Tazion, past the Screaming Jungle, in a valley at the north tip of the Bandu Hills"

Feeling suddenly tired, she also adds "We have walked long master Cheiton. Is it possible you already had some place for us to pass the night?"


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor glances around the room, not really listening to Shalissa and the dwarf. The kid had lead them here. Obviously some of her.... guild mates might be here already and watching?

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

He quietly adds to Shalissa's words, "Or at least someplace more private for a discussion?"


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan is happy at least three of them seem to have survived the encounter with the deinonychuses.
He explains briefly how he fled into the old mine, thinking the others we’re almost dead. Being chased and nearly killed by the salt wights had come as a nasty surprise, and he is still not really sure how he had been protected before his new allies had arrived, some fours years later. The wizard knows the fighter halfelf is not that versed in arcana and tries to get away with saying he’d been held by some kind of a time trap inside the mine, rather than mentioning anything about his amulet. Neethan is still not comfortable talking about the artifact that seems to have lodged itself beneath his skin.

The wizard learns that Gold Crown Shipping and Mining Company is no longer a major player when it comes to mining expeditions, having been outcompeted by other rivals. “The Crown’s” main operations are now with river trading, unfortunately more downriver from Kalabuto than upriver towards the Screaming Jungle.
Cefas also provides Neethan with a piece of decent-quality paper, and the wizard proceeds to write a note to his parents, telling them the short version of what has happened and that he’s still alive and working. He does not write down anything about his current plans. While he writes, he keeps a glance on the others to see how they are doing talking to the dwarf.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page
Shalissa wrote:

Shalissa looks up and back seeing Neethan approach some half-elf stranger. Noting they are some kind of friend, she turns back to the dwarf lowering her voice as they talk "In fact we are looking for a safe path to the ruins of Tazion, past the Screaming Jungle, in a valley at the north tip of the Bandu Hills"

Feeling suddenly tired, she also adds "We have walked long master Cheiton. Is it possible you already had some place for us to pass the night?"

"Tazion you say? I think your friend here is right. we should discuss matters like this in a more private setting. My home is not very large, but I am sure I can provide you with a place to lay down your head. and it should give us the privacy to discuss such matters without people overhearing."

When you all get up and prepare to leave, Davor notices one of the man sting at a table in a back turn towards the window and giving a short knocking signal to somebody outside. He is sure that you will be followed.

Neethan in the meantime is also finished with his reminiscence with Cefas and returns to the rest of the group. He has agreed to visit the headquarter of the Gold Crown Shipping and Mining Company to tie some lose ends with his contract tomorrow.

Neethan:

When you were talking about expeditions and Neethans Lust for exploration, the HAlf -Elf mentions that the town is full of runours about various expeditions starting towards the screaming jungle. Here in Kalabuto nobody knows where the location is supposed to go exactly, or who is behind it. But some people have been asking around trying to find people who are involved in this matter.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa nods to Cheiton and follows him to his home "Those are great news. Please lead the way master Cheiron"

Although the elf is know for her distractions every known and then, she tries to keep her eyes open, avoiding to give a smirk to the counter barman as they get out of the tavern.
Perception (darkvision): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

Father Kerndrew nods at CHeiron's suggestion, and lets his eyes wander over the establishment one more time.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

"I like the way you think, Cheiron. Lead the way."

Just to cover all the bases, he'll take a moment to examine Cheiron with detect evil and Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Once they exit the bar Davor moves close to each party member and quietly tells them, "We were watched and will probably be followed. If we stay with Cheiton" Is it Cheiton or Cheiron? I see both? " we probably should warn him. It could be dangerous for him, especially since he lives here and will be here after we leave. So far they're just watching...."

Perception to pick-up our 'tail': 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Seeing the other party is about to leave, Neethan gives Cefas the letter to his parents and quickly bids his friend a farewell until tomorrow, before walking over to his allies. He’s not sure what they have already agreed upon but would be surprised if they have managed to set up all plans in such a short time.

The wizard can sense that Cheiton and the rest seem a bit tense, and wonders what has transpired. Maybe it has something to do with what Cefas had said about there being a keen interest in town for learning more about how to find the lost temple they are looking for themselves. He follows them out of the tavern, waiting to relay the local info until they are in a more quiet place, thinking Cheiton likely already know about the situation.

2,851 to 2,900 of 3,250 << first < prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kulkos Souls for Smuggler’s Shiv (SSk1) - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.