GM Kulkos Racing to Ruin (Serpents Skull 2) (Inactive)

Game Master Kulko

Campaign Page
Map
Treasure Sheet

Orders:

Watch
Shalissa, Davor, Gregor, Kerndrew
Single File Marching
Gregor, Kerndrew, Shalissa, Davor
Double File Marching
Gregor & Kerndrew, Shalissa, Davor
Map


3,151 to 3,200 of 3,250 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>

Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

The low water level exposes more of the shoreline and Neethan’s nostrils are filled with the smell of rotting seaweed and mud. It’s not all bad though, as they later come upon what looks like a sunken boat, something they might otherwise have missed. Things are looking promising. Even the large beast is nowhere to be seen. They have lost some daylight though and the fast sunset is approaching, forcing them to make a decision: come back tomorrow or stay here? There might not be enough light to search the boat. Should they find a place to camp nearby?

”That sunken ship looks promising! Too bad it’s getting dark soon. It will be even darker in the water. Davor, you can see well enough in the dark. How do you feel about darkness under water? I can’t help you much down there. A few light sources floating over the area perhaps? Maybe just search the hind-castle that sticks above water for now and the rest tomorrow? Do we want to return to the tradepost or find somewhere to camp nearby? I don’t feel like spending the night in this small boat.”

Neethan could cast Light on the boat itself, a Floating Disk or on something a diver could bring down(?). I believe you can bring an object with the Light spell under water.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor nods to Neethan's words. "Dark changes what I can see at a distance, but as close as what I'd see in the water my darkvision should be fine. Maybe cast your light cantrip on a pebble and I'll carry it for if I need to examine anything closer. I'll make a quick search but if we need to dig into the wreck that'll probably need to be tomorrow."

He strips off unneeded equipment and quickly casts Mage Armor on himself. He takes several deep breaths, holding the last and diving to get down for a 'quick' search around the boat.

Swim to descend to the boat?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

No Dancing Lights? Davor does keep his dagger with him but leaves other equipment in the boat. Need any other rolls?


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan does not have the Dancing Light spell prepared, but he casts Light on Davor’s dagger (or another item or part of Davor, if the so chooses). The wizard then tries to help by using the Detect Magic spell and sees what auras he can pick up from the wreck.

I assume we tie the boat to the wreck, or anchor just nearby?


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"Sky Father, light our path!" as Shalissa finishes her prayer the trident shines with sudden magical light "I think Kyra and Shep can prepare the camp here while we do a quick exploration of the upper areas of the ship"

"Last thing we want is to be surprised by any nearby dangers dwelling there while we sleep" with that, and assuming others agree, she starts stepping forward and closer to the ship wreckage.
Perception (darkvision 60'): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

If Neethan hasn’t yet cast Mage Armor on himself, he will do so when exiting the boat and going up on the sand bank.

The wizard tries to keep watch as best he can in the dimming light.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Neethan can detect an aura of magic up to 60 feet away, and he will use the spell to sense the environment.


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

Father Kerndrew keeps watch from the sandy bank. "If we need to come back tomorrow to investigate in more depth, we should see if we can find some potions to help us underwater." He clearly doesn't recall the pearl diving fondly.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Davor scrambles over the rotten hull of the former sargavian vessel. the wooden floor is slippery and very fragile and mutiple times you almost break through to the storage holds below.

after a few minutes he reaches the captains cabin but upon entering it, he finds most of its contents has been rootting away too and only two of its walls still standing. The map desk is still mounted to the remains of the starboard side of the cabin.next to it you find a large hole with splintered edges leading into the cargo hold.

Perc DC15 Davor:

Something heavy fell through the floor here. While peering downwards inoto the darkness of the waters you believe you can spot a large container like a chest or trunk down there.

IN te meantime the others peer into the dim light of the rapidly approaching night (BTW: no magic auras.) looking for signs of approaching danger when you se e a large wave approching your position from the south. Shortly before it reaches the sandbank you can spot a body of a small whale rise out of the water.

Everybody makes a reflex DC 15 or is swept of his feet by the wave.

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Shalissa
Kerndrew
Davor
Killer Whale?
Neethan

Ini:
Kerndrew: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Davor: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Neethan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Shalissa: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Killer Whale?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Saturated with water, the loose sand is very soft and Neethan falls backwards when the unexpected wave hits his legs.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -
Father Kerndrew wrote:
Father Kerndrew keeps watch from the sandy bank. "If we need to come back tomorrow to investigate in more depth, we should see if we can find some potions to help us underwater." He clearly doesn't recall the pearl diving fondly.

Shalissa smiles mysteriously "The Mother of Waves has favored me with her secrets. You need no worry about that this time Father"

She is up to check the boards of the deck to her weight when the large wave goes over the group.
Ref DC 15: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
The elf quickly covers herself behind the hull of the nearby ship avoiding the worst of the wave "What the?? What's that?"

Not wanting to take any risk, she starts to cast summon monster III in preparation for what seems to come with the wave.


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

Reflex DC 15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Grateful that he saw the oncoming wave, Father Kerndrew braces himself and withstands the brunt of it. He ventures out into the shallows, drawing his longsword and standing ready to face the whale when it comes in.

Double move: 25' for 35' movement cost (10' of difficult terrain)


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Davor peers down into the hold through the hole. A chest could possibly hold treasure?

Then he notices the movement of the water and hears the others. He scrambles to a high spot Reflex Save?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 Barely! and looks out to see what is coming. "If it's some sort of huge fish it will have to stay in water. Missile weapons might scare it off!?!"


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

The heroes prepare for the comming attack when a large snakehead appears out of the water in front of Kerndrew and strikes at him, hitting him right in the chest.

Snakewhale
bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Dam: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (5, 3) + 10 = 18

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Shalissa
Kerndrew(21/39)
Davor
Snakewhale
Neethan

Most of the body of the creature is still submerged, but the water is so shallow that its massive body is partially out of the water here.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan quickly scrambles up on his feet again. Water is dripping from his clothes and hands, but it does not stop him from calling on fire to scare away the large creature.

Combat:

Casting Fireball, center just behind the “whale” (like D11) as to not harm Kerndrew.
Range long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)
Area 20-ft.-radius spread
Duration instantaneous
Saving Throw Reflex half, Spell DC = 18; Spell Resistance yes
Damage: 5d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 6, 6, 1, 5) + 2 = 24, fire damage incl Intense spells

Caster level check (if needed): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Mage Armor activated.


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

Father Kerndrew's AC is 22; is that really a hit?


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page
Father Kerndrew wrote:
Father Kerndrew's AC is 22; is that really a hit?

No if Course not I think I accidently looked at the CMD number.

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Shalissa
Kerndrew
Davor
Snakewhale
Neethan


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

If I'm reading the map right, every step in Father Kerndrew's path is within 10' of land, so able for him to still walk on. Please correct me if I've interpreted that wrong.

Father Kerndrew steps forward, closer to the snake-like beast, wracking his brain for any knowledge he has of such things from his brief view as it attacked him. He strikes with his sword, putting all of his strength behind the swing.

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Primarily want to know if there's any DR

Actions:

Free: switch longsword to B (weapon versatility) if snakewhale has appropriate DR
Move: 10' (through difficult terrain at 20' movement cost)
[ooc]Standard: attack snakewhale

+1 longsword, power attack: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 2 = 17
damage, P/S (or B), power attack: 1d8 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 4 = 18


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Seeing Father Kerndrew attacked Davor moves to try and help.

Difficult terrain though, right? Double move.

Same on trying to recognize anything about the beast. Know-Nature?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

As Shalissa completes her summoning spell a celestial crocodile materializes at the back of the aggressive whale and attacks!

bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
S/P/B damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Tail slap: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
damage: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Meanwhile, Shalissa climbs over the stone and raises her holy symbol "Sky Father, help us strike true and resolved to survive this wrecked ship!"

Casting bless.
For a +1 morale bonus on everyone, 5 minutes.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Snakewhale Refl ST DC 18: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 Full damage taken
1d3 ⇒ 2
Snakewhale vs Kerndrew
bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Dam: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (1, 3) + 10 = 14

Kerndrew carefully manages to stay in shallow water and take a big swing at the monster but the weapon just glances off the thick hide of the monster just natural Armor, no DR.

The Fireball is perfectly placed and catches the monster right in its blast. When you see the massive explosion you hope that it might be driven off, but soon its snakehead once more strikes out a Father Kerndrew.

This time the snout is taking a heavy bite shield arm, shredding the armor and leaving the Paladin bloodied.

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Shalissa
Kerndrew(25/39)
Davor
Snakewhale(24)
Neethan


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Watching Father Kerndrew's blade glance off of the creature Davor is concerned. Even the blast of fire seems to be ignored, although there are obvious scorch marks on the creature. Seeing Shalissa's magic create another creature behind it Davor moves in and slashes with his magic dagger.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 18 BAB, Finesse, Magic, Bless, Flank/Gang-Up
Damage if that hit?: 1d4 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (6, 2) = 10


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Having successfully burned the huge sea monster, Neethan steps forward some to be able to cast something else amidst all his allies.
His hands turn white and rimmed with frost before a cascade of snowballs suddenly appears in the tropical heat. He hopes the creature should be unused to such cold.

Combat, End of Round 2:

Move one square. Squeeze in the spell. (Remove the area when you've looked at it.)
Casting Rime Flurry of Snowballs
Range 30 ft.
Area cone-shaped burst
Duration instantaneous
Saving Throw Reflex half, DC17; Spell Resistance no
Description
You send a flurry of snowballs hurtling at your foes. Any creature in the area takes 4d6 points of cold damage from being pelted with the icy spheres.
Damage: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1, 6, 2) + 2 = 13, cold damage incl Intense spells

The snakewhale is Entangled for 2 rounds

Mage Armor activated.
HP 37/37 | AC 16, TAC 12 with Mage Armor


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

Father Kerndrew continues to attack the creature, trusting in the strength of his sword-arm and the convictions that drive it to help find an end to this aggressive creature.

Actions:

Standard: attack snakewhale

+1 longsword, power attack: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 - 2 = 19
damage, P/S, power attack: 1d8 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 4 = 13


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Whale Refl DC 17: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 Failed
1d4 ⇒ 4

Bite AoO vs Davor: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Dam: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 5) + 10 = 19

Neethan once more raises his hands and a snowflakes rush forward over the lake engulfing the Animal and leaving frost burn all over its side.
All around it the surface of the lake freezes, locking the animal in place.

When Davor steps up into the foray the snake head uses its superior reach to lash out at the Halforc but being aware of the risk he dodges the hit and stabs st it, but is also defelcted by the creatures this hide.

But Father Kerndrew uses the distraction to swing at its vulnnerable neck and scores at least a glancing hit.

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Shalissa - Blessed
Crocodile - Blessed
Kerndrew(25/39) - Blessed
Davor - Blessed
Snakewhale(50)
Neethan - Blessed


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Dam: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 5, 4, 3) = 20
Refl ST DC 18: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 2 = 16

Crocodile vs Snakewhale
bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Dam: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
tail: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Dam: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Snakewhale vs Davor
bite: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 2 = 29
Dam: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (2, 4) + 10 = 16
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 11 - 2 = 16

Shalissa raises her arms and call out "Sky Father lend me your might and strike down this foe." calling lightning forth between her hands and sending it straight into the beast. The beast tries to get out of the wayx, but the ice around its side holds it back and the bold hits it squarely in its side.

Roaring in pain and unable to escape the Snakewhale slashes out at Davor once more. Surprised by the ferocity of the attack davor is late in getting out of the way and the sharp teeth tear straight into his leg.

The Beast is bleeding from its various magic induced wounds and is clearly in pain.

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Shalissa - Blessed
Crocodile - Blessed
Kerndrew(25/39) - Blessed
Davor(16/32) - Blessed
Snakewhale(70) - Heavily Wounded
Neethan - Blessed


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Having locked the sea monster in place, Neethan continues to bombard it with more snowballs. He can see it thrashes and that it does not like being cold. He is glad having the others fighting up close though, as he would not like to get into melee with it himself.

Combat, Round 3:

Casting Flurry of Snowballs - ordinary, not Rime
Range 30 ft.
Area cone-shaped burst
Duration instantaneous
Saving Throw Reflex half DC17; Spell Resistance no
Description
You send a flurry of snowballs hurtling at your foes. Any creature in the area takes 4d6 points of cold damage from being pelted with the icy spheres.
Damage: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 6) + 2 = 15, cold damage incl Intense spells

Mage Armor activated.
HP 37/37 | AC 16, TAC 12 with Mage Armor


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Refl ST DC 17: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 - 2 = 24

This time the Snakewhale is able to twist out of the snowstorm just enough.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor grits his teeth as the beast tears a huge gash into his leg. If the beast goes down before he does it can be healed! He slashes at it again, hoping for a lucky hit to end it all....

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 21 Finesse, Magic, Bless, Flank/Gang-Up
Damage if that hit?: 1d4 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (3, 4) = 12


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Bracing himself for the dammge shooting up his leg, Davor strikes with his rapier at the retreating snakehead. But the beast is too slow this time and the blade pierces his left eye and from there its brain.

TRashing one last time and showering Kerndrew and Davor with water once more the beast falls down and is lying dead at your feet.

Grats Well fought.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Thinking they have defeated the snakewhale, Neethan turns to Shalissa with a big smile. ”Nicely fought!”
They are more and more working like a real team now.
They are also running out of daylight, unfortunately.
”Let’s heal up and continue before it gets dark.”

Neethan will stay on land, keeping watch.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor moves up to the shore to clean and bind wounds. He looks over to Shalissa and Father Kerndrew. "Do you have any healing magic left? Or should I use the wand? This one is a bit deep."

16 damage on me. How much an everyone else?

"I saw what looked like a chest in the wreck. It's still closed so we might be able to bring it up whole and check it out on the beech. Probably heavy though so I think I should just swim down to it with a rope and tie it off. Once it is ready we can pull it up and carry it over to the shore. Gotta be careful though. The wood is old and soft. The chest looks like it fell through when the wood under it rotted."

"And somebody probably should watch for anymore giant whale-snakes approaching! Blood in the water and all that."

Once everyone is ready he goes back to where he saw the chest. He checks the hole to see if he needs to cut it wider to swim down.
Do you want swim checks?


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan agrees with Davor and takes out his hemp rope and his Traveler's Any-tool. With a few adjustments he makes a small anchor of the tool.
”Good idea! Take this rope. If you think it’s difficult to swim down with it, just tie it to this small anchor and we’ll pull both it and the chest up.
I'll keep watch.”

The wizard hopes Shalissa can heal Davor and Kerndrew.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

" Good idea Favor, let's do it " meanwhile, Shalissa heals up the party.
Channel energy: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 5) = 16


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

"I like the way you're thinking," Father Kerndrew points out as he pulls out his own traveler's any-tool, flipping and twisting it until it resembles a king of pulley with a handcrank to fit the rope in on the beach side of things.

Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

He also suggests some ways to try to affix the rope so the chest is stable as it's pulled up; whether any of his suggestions are worth following might be up for debate.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

By now its very dark but Davors Darksight allows him to see enough in the dark water.

All broken planks and pieces of cargo have made it very hard to get down there without cutting oneself and block the way forward.

Getting down
Davor please make a Swim Check DC 20. You take 1 Point of damage for each pioint you fail by and if you fail by 5 you additionally fail to make significant progress towards the chest and need to start a second dive.
As long as you don't fail by 5 you will reach the chest and be able to fix the rope around the chest. The chest itself is an iron reinforced military trunk so it will probabaly still hold when pulled up.

Getting the chest up
The person pulling up the chest needs to make a Strength check DC 12 of course assisted by whoever wants to help and gaining the bonus of the multitool. (The pulley needs to be fixed somehwere on Ship itself but it will work)
Davor please make another swim check This time DC 15 to guide the chest through the wreck on a save route.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

That's a hard task!

Davor studies the path down to the chest before starting. Once he thinks he is ready he takes several deep breaths, then starts down.

Swim down?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

The way down is close but he does make it. He secures the rope to the chest, glad to see that it appears to be in better shape than the structure of the ship. Once ready he signals the group above to start pulling and tries to guide it up through the hole....

Swim up and guide chest for extraction?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Well, not so lucky on the second. Is that 4 damage and/or fail?


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

As soon as he sees the shake of the rope from Davor, indicating that it's secure, Father Kerndrew leans into it, pulling against and through the pulley to hoist the chest up to the surface.

Strength DC 12, traveler's any-tool as block and tackle: 1d20 + 3 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 5 = 18


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Davor find a safe route down and fixates the rope around the chest. When he is convinced that the knot is holding tight he gives a short tug on the rope.

Father Kerndrew and the other begin pulling up the chest, but the chest gets locked on a protruding beam. and doesn't budge.

Just a fail. Kerndrew can overcome the Strength check by 5. (which means somebody need to succeed at the aid check.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Can I Aid from below? Or was my swim check my aid?

Str Aid?: 1d20 ⇒ 15


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page
Davor Krill wrote:

Can I Aid from below? Or was my swim check my aid?

[dice=Str Aid?]1d20

No you were trying to guide the chest through the debris and failed in doing so. so now the others need to make up for it. @ Neethan, Shalissa Please roll the aid for Kerndrew.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Str, aid: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

Neethan is pretty useless in the loose sand and slips badly when trying to help. Again lying on his back in the shallow water, he curses and gets up again, shaking his clothes. At least it's not cold here.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Shalissa STR + Aid: 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 + 1 = 12

Shalissa Puts all her body into the rope abnd together with her Kerndrews is able to break the chest through the rotten wood.

Davor is a bit unprepared for the sudden movement and gets hit in the shoulder by the heavy trunlk (1d3 Damage) but then follows the rope up towards the surface.

Once you have the chest out of the water you find it lock with a heavy lock.

Perception DC 15:

The chest is not trapped.

Perception DC 20:

The chest is not trapped.

Perception DC 25:

The chest is not trapped.

Perception DC 30:

The chest is not trapped.

Disable Device DC 25:

The chest contains 1,000 gp in gold ingots, a potion , two different potions, and an adamantine machete.


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

"I don't think the chest is trapped. Davor, do you think you can open it? If not, I can try it with Iomedae's universal key." He pats his longsword in an exaggerated fashion, on the off-chance that anyone didn't understand what he meant.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa casts water breathing to ease up the chest extraction operation, and also tries to guide the group on how to better use the ropes and other strengths to their advantage.

Perception (darkvision): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

The elf chuckles at the Father's suggestion "Let's see if Davor can do it, to avoid any damage to whatever might be inside. I think I can help inspect the structure of the chest"

Shalissa kneels and offers divine guidance to the half-orc.
+1 competence from guidance, +2 aid from verbal instruction


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor gets out of the water while everyone else examines the chest. "I'll try to open it. I'd really rather not break it." Once clear he moves in and lays out his tools of trade and works to open the chest.

Perception to examine it: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 LOL! Maybe he closed his eyes to examine it by touch?

Disable Device to open it?: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 13 + 1 + 2 = 29


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

When Davor finally gets the lock open and they can see what’s inside, Neethan will help identifying the contents.

Separate checks for each potion or just one?
Kn(arcana): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Kn(religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Use Detect Magic to see if machete is magic.

”There was indeed a treasure to be found! Then it was worth the extra day, perhaps.”

It’s a lot of ingots inside and the wizard offers to take them in his magic haversack.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa looks over Davor's shoulder with expectation and smiles as Neethan starts to bring out the contents "That's a true treasure indeed. The ship must have been a Chelaxian vessel bringing to the metropolis the benefits of the Bandu Hills mines."

She will help identify the potions as well.
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

"The machete might be a good weapon for you Davor, it will help you cut the jungle woods like it was butter. And help in case we have to fight a golem." the elf looks at the sturdy manufacture of the weapon "They are common defenses among the Azlanti"

"So is that all in this lake?" Shalissa looks around and unless there is something immediate to attend, she will direct herself to the campfire Kyra and the other sailors are preparing.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor takes the machete and gives it a few practice swings. "Practical for chopping our way through jungle, but it doesn't really fit my style of fighting. If nobody else could use it I'll carry it, but I'll stick to my dagg for fighting."

Machete is a martial weapon. Much as I'd love it I don't have martial weapon proficiency.


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none
Davor Krill wrote:
Machete is a martial weapon. Much as I'd love it I don't have martial weapon proficiency.

And Kerndrew only uses a longsword for religious reasons.

"Hey, I'm happy to take my turn with that to help clear our path. No need for one to bear the whole burden; if we need a machete, that means it's hard work!" Father Kerndrew obviously wouldn't ever let the work be distributed unevenly. "But I'm like Davor; I know my weapon, and that ain't it."


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"Well, let's just keep it around as a side weapon. One never knows" Shalissa assents already understanding her companions are fond of their weapons and any discussion would only cause harm.

During the night the elf will take one of the first watches and send Kyra to catch some fishes for dinner "The lake feels like a refreshment from our road trip. Currently we can even see the stars in the sky from this open point. It is hard to think the end of Azlant currently came from such a beautiful tapestry over our heads"

The next day, Shalissa will help pack up everything and restart the trip through the jungle.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

After the succesful plunder of the Sargavian vessel you retreat back onto the small island and spend the night there, staying as far away from the water as possible.

In the morning Kyra rows you back towards the village were the local fisherman are at first very sceptical when yopu tell him ypu have lslain the beast that has been terrorizing the island, bvut after Kyra Shalissa describes it in detail they are happy to hear that the fishing grounds arounfd the island are now save.

back here Cook and Mate have been preparing everything for the expedition. Mate has found you 2 sturdy mules to carry most of the tents and rations and Cooky bought enough Dried fruits and meat to last you for a week. (I hope you have a few goldpieces to spare as a group.)
at around 10 am you finally have everything packed up and start you treck along the Korir river towards the screaming jungle looming in the distance.

Everybody can of course prepare their spells and heal.

3,151 to 3,200 of 3,250 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kulkos Souls for Smuggler’s Shiv (SSk1) - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.