GM Kulkos Racing to Ruin (Serpents Skull 2) (Inactive)

Game Master Kulko

Campaign Page
Map
Treasure Sheet

Orders:

Watch
Shalissa, Davor, Gregor, Kerndrew
Single File Marching
Gregor, Kerndrew, Shalissa, Davor
Double File Marching
Gregor & Kerndrew, Shalissa, Davor
Map


2,951 to 3,000 of 3,250 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor nods at the words. "Bloodcove. So one of the other groups is trying to slow us down, but not sure that they might be able to kill us. Cheiton might have been taken for questioning, or to slow us more by us trying to track and rescue him."

Moving closer to Shalissa and away from others so he can speak without others hearing he adds, "Unless Cheiton is a double agent? Possibly working with one of the other groups? Arranging expeditions here would be a perfect cover!"


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Bloodcove? The name gives Neethan some information, but not much more to go on. The horrible port is the hotspot for all types of pirates and shady traders travelling up and down the coast. The red cloth strap could have been left intentionally for them to find. But for what purpose? Maybe to point to a different faction, to get them to chase in another direction. Or it could just have been dropped there without a second thought, as it’s a common item to be found in most ports and harbors in the region? Neethan is not really sure what to go on. He remembers that his father had said that the Aspis Consortium likely is the real power behind the rulers in Bloodcove, but those bastards have influence and a presence in many other places in Sargava too.

He’s about to voice his thoughts, when he sees Davor has stepped aside, whispering with Shalissa. Maybe the two of them know something as they have been in contact with the pirates. He waits for them to finish.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan feels thirsty again. On impulse, the wizard's attention turns back to the person who has helped them.
”Thanks. It’s hot today. Have an ale on me when you have the time.” He hands over four copper pieces, but does a follow up: ”Would you say this type of red strap could be found everywhere in this harbor too, or where would I go to find more here?”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

"they don't conme here often but from time to time a ship of the Aspis Consortium makes port in the harbour. You can easily identify them by there Aspis badge the are carrying on the bow. or you can ask there local contact.The do most of there trading via Plivus.He will surely know if any of them are currently in town. Now that I mention it, Plivus himself has probably dozens of bundles wrapped in this cloth in his warehouse."

The harbour itself isn't very big, it takes no longer than 20 minutes to walk it an check all the ships. You also received instructions how to find Plivus.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

The new info indeed points at the Aspis Consortium, which is bad news. They are powerful, ruthless and could very likely have an interest in this type of expedition.

When Davor and Shalissa are done talking, Neethan relays the new info. He then looks at the two of them, not really knowing what they had privately said to each other, but feeling a bit left out.
”Any reason why the Aspis Consortium would be going after you? Except for getting info about our expedition, I mean. Have you run into them before?”


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"Double agent? Might well be, but let's hope he is not We need to save him and recover our notes" Shalissa determines while Neethan ends talking with the people in the harbor.

Once they are alone, she explains "We have not crossed paths with the Aspis that we remember, but we were commenting with Davor that Cheiton might have worked for them, so let's be careful about our assumptions"

Shalissa follows Neethan to the docks and observes the ships there, trying to determine if one might be an Aspis vessel.
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
K. nobility: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Failing that, paying a visit to Plivus warehouse seems the best way forward.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Is Kyra with us? Judging by her language, I envision her as some kind of sailor/pirate. She would know about different ships and recognize a boat from the Aspis Consortium, right?

Neethan agrees with Shalissa. ”We need to be a little careful, though. Many captains and first mates don’t like anyone sniffing around their boat too much, not to mention trying to enter one.”


HP 11/11 | AC 15 TAC 12 FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +3 Ref +1 Will +2 | Senses +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Climb +5, Craft (ships) +3, Perception +4, Profession (fisherman) +4, Profession (sailor) +8, Survival +4, Swim +5
Female N Human Expert 1/Warrior 1

"We'r just clients looking for da' transport and willing ta pay" Kyra winks an eye while giving an eye at the ships there.
Profession sailor: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Once they are away from obviously listening ears Davor moves over by Neethan. "Our.... companions on the island that we were shipwrecked on. Well, this would be why Shalissa was surprised when I openly spoke certain details to you. Anyway, they were a mixed sort from several 'factions' that would be interested in our destination. The groups after us probably include the Red Mantis, Pathfinders, Aspis Consortium, possibly some from the government and who knows about others. They seem to be hiring locals though for some of the work. Probably why we weren't killed in our sleep or other stuff stolen. Contractors do what they are paid to do...."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Apparently deciding Kassata is doing all the scouting and bounty estimation, as Kyra cannot really help you with identifying the ship.

Fortunately the bright red sails are hard to be missed and after 10 minutes you are standing behind a stack of crates looking at the Brooding Dolphin, a merchantship from bloodcove travelling the river route from Freeport to Kalabuto and sometimes even onwards to Mzali.

Before you decide what to do, remember that the thiefs have probably watched you yesterday night, so they know who you are.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

”Listen! Even if it’s just a merchant ship, there are likely guards around able to fight, if it’s a boat for the Aspis Consortium. Not sure how easy it would be to sneak aboard, but getting caught won’t be pleasant, whether or not the crew is behind this or not. Simply starting to attack it, won’t be looked upon favorably by the other captains or the harbor master, not to mention if I set fire to it, burning up our notes.
As I said, we’re not even certain, Cheiton is there.

I see three options:
a) Leave this boat for now and check out Plivus first. Unless the boat takes off, we don’t risk much.

b) Create some kind of diversion in order to sneak aboard and check for Cheiton.

c) Just stand beside the ship and see how they react to our presence. If they attack us, we are allowed to defend ourselves and can fall back if they are too many. Risk is if they just don’t like us and attack anyway, without them having anything to do with Cheiton.”


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"Even if we make it into the ship, it is going to be a hell to find the notes if they have hidden them... we need a reason to be in the vessel, or a reason for the notes to get out of there" Shalissa thinks for a bit on it nodding to Neethan in agreement with the difficulty of the situation "Look, the Consortium do business, so why don't we try to find out what are they doing business with, then come into the vessel as potential buyers? We are organizing an expedition, no one should be suspicious about it, unless they indeed have robbed us."


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

”So, on to this Plivus then, and hope the boat doesn’t leave during that time?”


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Leaving the Brooding Dolphin behind you for now, you walk a few hundred meters down the water front until you stand in front if Plivus warehouse. When ypu ask to speak to Plivus you are lead inside where the man is overlooking the storage of some bales of cloth.

Not sure what exactly you want to achieve so I will leave the intiative to you.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Suddenly realizing that they haven’t really thought out what to say, and standing there whispering in Plivus’ view would look very suspicious indeed, Neethan tries to wing it but keeping close to the truth. He addresses the man pointed out to them.

”Greetings! I’m Neethan Levandri out of Eleder. Partly representing one of the leading trading houses in Eleder and partly other economic interests, my friends and I are here to enquire what type of services you provide here?”


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

While Neethan talks with the man, Shalissa observes around for pieces of cloth like the red one they found in Cheiton's room.
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

"We are considering an expedition upriver and are looking for suppliers" she adds to support the man's speech.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

"We can procide you with fine weapons and tools the like of you won't find in this mosquito ridden swamp of a town. Our Blades straight from the smithys of taldor will help you cut through the undergrowth in no time."

Plivus is eager to show you some merchandise leading you back to the front of the warehouse. When you arrive at an ordinary display of machetes and Daggers Shalissa notices a man slinking out of the back after a short sign by Plivus.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan does not expect to find any high quality weapons here, but at least durable ones. He’s not that impressed with what he sees.
He looks around to see what else is there.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

”What about camp gear? Things that don’t rot in the jungles. Durable rations that can stand the heat? Do you have contacts that can send provisions upriver or do we have to provide transport ourselves?”
He reckons Shalissa mentioning an expedition, will either just mean another business opportunity to Plivus, or (if the man is behind the abduction of Cheiton) indicate that they will go on even without their lost notes. The latter may trigger some reaction from whomever is behind this.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

While Neethan keeps Plivus entertained, Shalissa pulls Davor from his shirt making a sign towards the direction of the other figure "There was someone hiding there..."

She quickly goes in that direction and tries to discover whom is the other person following it out of the store if needed.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

The Aspis Consortium focuses most of its activities in trading with the natives for valuable goods, but isn't shying away from supplying the occasional slave tradr caravan as well. Looking through rack Neethan finds an occasional sword or dagger of Masterwork quality.

The general gear is of even better quality and you will be able to buy very durable tents or light cooking equipment from this man.

Plivus is bahaving like a normal trader.

When the man rushes out of the front door, Shalissa wants to follow, but Plivus unfortunatley cutting her off and ask her not to wander around on her own. Shalissa is forced to go around the outside, but isluckily still be able to see the man run down the street in the direction of the Brooding dolphin.

you would be able to run behind him, but the street is too crowded to stop him using force withut risking injury to any bystanders.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

GM:

"Father Curtius," Father Kerndrew begins. "I am Aron Kerndrew. When Cheliax closed their borders to the Light of the Sword, I chose Sargava as my next mission. While I am now mostly following my own direction--letting the Inheritor guide my path--I am trying to keep in touch with the Church as I go. And I need to, Father, for my path right now is troubled."

He pauses, lowering his head, the trouble he speaks written clearly on his face. After this small pause, he continues. "We seek the lost Azlant city of Saventh-Yhi. An unfortunate detour on the small isle of Smuggler's Shiv--a shipwreck, if I speak plainly--showed us that the ancient snake-cult of Ydersius is alive and well today. Or, at the least, that someone today is trying to revive it. We have good leads, after finding a cache of good notes, but last night all of our preparation was stolen in the night, right under our noses!"

The despair is now plain on Father Kerndrew's face. "Father, I have been so sure that I was following Iomedae's design, but now... now I have such doubts. We didn't even set a watch! This could have been prevented so simply, and yet we took no action at all." He shakes his head--clearly this theft is landing hard on Kerndrew personally. "So I come to you for aid, succor, and advice. What do you think of this path? Is this just another trial for me to overcome, or a sign that I've lost our way? If this path is true, what do you know of the forces that seem to be working against us?"


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Kerndrew:

"I am happy That the Inheritor led you towards me Aron! Kalabuto doesn't see many followers over the years. And now she brings you to ma shrine on the eve of her holy day. Let us tommorow celebrate the Day of the Inheritor and commemorate her miraculous acts. I am sure it will help you see that as long as your heart is true, it will always guide you in her service."

I started doing a timeline yesterday and behold tomorrow will be the 19th of Rova.

"Don't judge yourself to hard. Remember when Iomedea performed her sixth act and reforged her sword she first had it broken. And maybe before you can find Saventh-Yhi you need to prove you commitment to this task. When your friends are innocent enough to leave your group's notes undefended like that, they may need your protection more than you believed."

"Perhaps the Swordmaiden has chosen this trial to show you that you must accept your rolle as protector of your friends with your whole heart."


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor tries to duck past while Plivus cuts off Shalissa. Seeing the direction the man is heading Davor follows, trying to be less than totally obvious....

Just trying to keep him in sight, not to catch up. What is the Brooding Dolphin?


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Davor is chasing after the young man who has a headstart of 50 feet and is giving his outmost to get away.

The streets are to crowded for Cheetahs Sprint to have its full effect, and Davor has only limited posting time, so I will just make very abbreviated chase roles.

@Davor
Please roll a Reflex and a Fort saving throw DC 10 and add the results.
For each Failed saving throw substract 2
Also roll a Know Local DC 15 adn add 5 if you suceed.
Tell me how many Cheetahs Sprint you would be willing/able to cast over a chase of a few combat rounds.
Feel free to just roll and let me do the numbers.

@Shalissa
You can of course do the same. or if you have any other way to help the outcome just tell me, just consider that after about a combat round both of them will probably be out of your range unless you chase along.

Opponents rolls (You can check them out):

Ref: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Know Local DC 15: 1d20 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 5 = 13 He got a bonus as a local but failed
14+ (-4) + (-2) +0


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"I think he is heading towards the Brooding Dolphin, the Aspis ship we saw before in the docks" Shalissa informs Davor, her heart bumping at the sudden connection "If you are to follow him, wait for us near the ship, keep the distance and don't try anything dangerous before we are there"

With that, Shalissa let's the half-orc go and goes back to the shop where Neethan is still doing business "These tents and tools are high quality, but we are likely to need more than this. Would you happen to have more available at the docks?"
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

What?!
Neethan is too busy going through some offered gear to notice anything special until Davor suddenly takes off, leaving him there feeling a bit foolish. He looks to Shalissa for guidance at first, to see if they are all leaving. The cleric stays and addresses Plivus further though. He understands that she seeks a reason to go on the boat they spied on before. He lets her do the talking for now, but he wonders if Davor is coming back or if they are to go and meet him somewhere?


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

GM:

Relief visibly washes over Father Kerndrew's face. "Thank you Father Curtius; your words are both kind and--I think--accurate. I will refocus my efforts; hopefully I can introduce my friends tomorrow, when we celebrate the Inheritor!"

He stands to leave, but stays another moment. "Do you know anything of Saventh-Yhi, or others here in Kalabuto that seek the lost city?"


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

"Well if you need something else, why don't you come back tomorrow. I will prepare a fine display for your perusal."

The man is definitely unwilling to leave this placa and from time to time looking out for the doorwhere the man left.

Something is wrong here.

If you want to retreat we can forward to the result of Davors chase. Of yourse you could also try to escalate.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

I only have 1 Cheetah's Sprint spell prepared. I have 2 pearls of power to recall the spell, but doubt I'd have time to use them.

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Know-Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

LOL! This is how this board's die roller has been treating me all week! I've had 1 roll above 10. Not sure what my count is but it's getting quite funny!


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa looks at Neethan, unsure if the man is ready to subdue another man. Seeing his own doubts, the elf tries to redouble the pressure on Plivus "I fear tomorrow is too late. One of our contacts has been kidnapped today and we fear for our own safety. We need to leave town as soon as possible. If you help us we can leave immediately, it seems dangerous to pass here one more night or we might end kidnapped like Cheiton" she puts her attention specially at the mention of "Cheiton" in order to see if there is any reaction, if it seems the man knows something about it.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Not that it loves me much more today Davor! xD


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan doesn’t really know why Davor ran off, but he has an idea. He’s not really sure either what they are trying to do.
First, it seems Plivus is the one that wants them to leave and come back tomorrow, but then Shalissa really lays out the text and tries to push things by mentioning Cheiton and insisting they are in a hurry.
Are we trying to provoke something here in the warehouse, or just trying to get an excuse to examine the boat?

Neethan starts looking for who’s in the warehouse with them. He’s thinking they’ve likely done enough here and needs to go out now.
The problem is, they’re not 100% sure the Aspis Consortium is the ones holding Cheiton, and raising these guys’ interest unnecessarily, is not a healthy thing.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Kerndrew
The priest tells you a few interesting facts which I will tell you afterwards in order to not muddy the waters even more. before asking you to return to your friend to give him time to prepare tomorrows sermon.

Davor
The Half-Orc activates his supernatural speed, and almost catches the young man, but he manages to duck into a nearby alley just in time to avoid Davors Graps. the half or turns and rushes after him, but now the superior Knowledge of the towns pays off and the young man reaches the boat while Davor is waiting behind some crates catching his breath. The man discusses something with the men on the boat and then you see three of them grap there weapons and follow the youth back to the warehouse.

Seeing the danger to his friends Davor rushes back and collects Kerndrew when he meets the Paladin before the Shrunken Head. Hope the force is okay in order to get the group back together.

Shalissa and Neethan
The Trader turns visibly pale on the mention of Cheitons name and looks once more to the door where the young man disappeared. "Sorry I don't think I can help you. Maybe you should be looking somewhere else than if it is that urgent" Sending you away he returns to his workers in the back of the warehouse whispering something.

Perception DC20:

"Get him out of my place. I should never let you in ghere in the first place."


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa looks at Plivus, then at Neethan "He knows something about Cheiton. Oh, no! Maybe they are even hiding him here! Can you subdue them Neethan?"

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
The elf ears suddenly tingle "They have him there!" and she picks up the trident from her back.


HP 11/11 | AC 15 TAC 12 FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +3 Ref +1 Will +2 | Senses +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Climb +5, Craft (ships) +3, Perception +4, Profession (fisherman) +4, Profession (sailor) +8, Survival +4, Swim +5
Female N Human Expert 1/Warrior 1

"Gosh, never trust a serpent!" Kyra gets her bow ready as well, getting closer to both Neethan and Shalissa when she hears what is going on.

Not yet breaking into open combat, but getting ready as the situation develops.


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

"Davor!" Father Kerndrew calls out, seeing his friend and ally. "I got so distracted by the jungle, that I forgot about the calendar. Tomorrow's the Day of the Inheritor!!! It's going to be all right!" He begins to explain, but when Davor cuts him off to explain what's going on at the warehouse, he urges them to go. "We can't delay; we have to get there now!"


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

GM Kulko, By "follow the youth back to the warehouse" you mean they are coming to the Shrunken Head?

"Only four of them, plus whatever number of men are here. I think we can handle them, but we've got to find Cheiton before they kill him."

Gather the party and go in. Davor will lead, watching for any danger. Perception +12.

Spell Fail chance casting Mage Armor on myself. 1 fails.: 1d20 ⇒ 13


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

GM Kulko: Did Neethan have the time to fill the empty three spell slots this morning or not?

Simply ‘subduing’, is not really Neethan’s strong side right now. He has not prepared any spells that can hold, or illusions that can scare, Plivus.
Attacking and maybe killing an unarmed merchant without having been attacked himself first, would be a crime in the city. Even if Neethan, as a colonial, would have some ‘legal advantages’ against the natives, this time they are up against the Aspis Consortium. He also needs to be careful not to start any fire that can spread without control.

The wizard casts Mage Armor on himself. Then, if Plivus is still close and hasn’t started to attack them, Neethan goes for a bluff, opening the front of his tunic and exposes the snaking amulet under his skin.
”You don’t want this trouble! Take us to Cheiton, or this demon inside me will curse the s$@& out of you!”
Intimidation: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

"And if the demon doesn't get you, the sword-arm of Iomedae will!" Father Kerndrew has no need to bluff, as he fully intends to follow through on his words.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Taken by surprise by Neethan violent outburst Plicus is hastily moving backwards. "What do you mean? IS this the way to behave towards a civilized person?"
He almost seems to catch himself again and look towards the two thugs in the background, when Father Kerndrew storms onto the scene, grabs him by the collar and pushes him against some nearby chests. "Cheiton? you say? he is paying me a visit? he is back over there" Plicus is pointing towards the right of the two rooms, before trying to weasel himself out of Kerndrews grip and get away.

Alarmed by rucks a man steps out of that room and upon seeing you, orders the local workers "Thats them! Kick them out of here."

Ini:
Kerndrew: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Davor: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Neethan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Shalissa: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Agent: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Worker(Blue): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Plivus(Orange): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
Shep: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Kerndrew
Davor
Neethan
Plivus(Orange) - Running away
Agent(Red)
Shalissa
Kyra
Shep
Worker(Blue)


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Fumbling a bit with the laces of his tunic, Neethan doesn’t seem all that terrifying, but luckily Kerndrew shows up and backs him up. Facing down also the wrath of the paladin, seems a little too much for Plivus and the slimy merchant starts spilling out the beans about Cheiton. Plivus is not alone though. Neethan has so far not considered the other workers much of a threat, but suddenly another man with more authority enters, and the fight is on.

No yet ready to kill Plivus standing close to him, Neethan instead backs a little and sends three gleaming missiles towards the agent.

Combat:

Casting Magic Missile. Range (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Attacking “red” agent
Missile1: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4, force damage, incl Intense spells
Missile2: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4, force damage, incl Intense spells
Missile3: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7, force damage, incl Intense spells

Saving Throw none;
Spell Resistance yes ;
Caster level check (if needed): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor moves in to the room behind Father Kerndrew. As his allies work to intimidate the merchant he pulls his dagger. Sometimes you gotta cut a person when threats fail.... "If you surrender we might let you live. If not...."

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Damage if that hits?: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

"If Cheiton's here, we need to see him right now. Start leading the way, and call off the goons."

Actions:

Move: detect evil on Pilvius
Standard: attack Pilvius

Combat maneuver (grapple): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Trying to catch Plivus by the collar with his shield hand Kerndrews fumbles his grip and Plivus gets free. Shocked by The violent turns of events the man withdraws towards the other room and disappears inside. I think in order to be able to open that door he can't take a withdraw options, so technically you get AoOs. But the man clearly poses no threat so killing the man would probably constitute murder.

The redhaired agent is staggered by Neethans Missile but than he draws his hand crossbow and fires of at the Wizard.

Agent(Red)

Hand Crossbow: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 4 = 22 Davor gives cover
Dam: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 4 = 21
Dam: 1d4 ⇒ 3
What again was the isue with the dice roller?

if Neethans fals a Fort Save DC 15 :

You are paralyzed.
In your turn roll another Fort Save DC 15
If you fail take 1d2 CON Damage
If you suceed twice in a row Paralyze is gone

In the meantime the other fighters from the boat arrive outside.

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Kerndrew
Davor
Neethan(26/30) - Poisoned ?
Plivus(Orange)(5) - Running away
Agent(Red)(15)
Agent(Braun)
Agent(Yellow)
Agent(Pink)
Shalissa
Kyra
Shep
Worker(Green)


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan feels the sting.
Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

HP 33/37 | AC 16, TAC 12 with Mage Armor


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa moves forward to have a better view of what is happening "Liberate Cheiton, give us our notes and let's have this settled. Defend the Aspsis and you will be guilty of their crimes" the elf directs herself to Plivus employees, then saying words of soothing casts calm emotions on the group at the back.
Will DC 16

As she feels who is not affected, she informs, pointing at the affected ones "Do not attack those ones, they will be more amenable to talking now"


HP 11/11 | AC 15 TAC 12 FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +3 Ref +1 Will +2 | Senses +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Climb +5, Craft (ships) +3, Perception +4, Profession (fisherman) +4, Profession (sailor) +8, Survival +4, Swim +5
Female N Human Expert 1/Warrior 1

Meanwhile Kyra steps back to inspect the noises outside "Very well Sea Princess, an' watt abaut da' ones coming to da' party uninvited?"

She puts her bow around the door's frame, taking cover inside, and shots at the first one in line.
Composite longbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Piercing damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Will saves:

Will DC 16 blue: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Will DC 16 green: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Will DC 16 red: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Shep
bow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Dam: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The workers were never convinced that this was there fight, but Shalissa easily convinces them to get out of the way. Even the red haired agent seems unsure what to do next.

Outside Kyra hit the first of the newcomers in the right leg just as the young man whom Davos chased arrives at the scene.

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Kerndrew
Davor
Neethan(33/37)
Plivus(Orange)(5) - Running away
Agent(Red)(15) - Calmed
Agent(Braun)(5)
Agent(Yellow)
Agent(Pink)
Shalissa
Kyra
Shep
Worker(Green) - Calmed
Worker(Blue) - Calmed
Worker(Schwarz)


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor moves toward the door and the new enemies, dagger ready. "Back up. Let them come in if they're ready to die for whatever little bit of coin they've been paid!"


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan is reminded he can still easily get hit with ranged weapons. The small bolt that teared at his side, left a tell-tale burning sensation, and he calls out a warning.
”Watch out! They use poison!”
The wizard then improves his own protection and backs a little.

Cast Mirror Image
#images: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4,


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Kerndrew
Davor
Neethan(33/37)
Plivus(Orange)(5) - Running away
Agent(Red)(15) - Calmed
Agent(Braun)(5)
Agent(Yellow)
Agent(Pink)
Shalissa
Kyra
Shep
Worker(Green) - Calmed
Worker(Blue) - Calmed
Worker(Schwarz)

PS: Neither Plivus nor anybody else did register as evil.

2,951 to 3,000 of 3,250 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kulkos Souls for Smuggler’s Shiv (SSk1) - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.