GM Kulkos Racing to Ruin (Serpents Skull 2) (Inactive)

Game Master Kulko

Campaign Page
Map
Treasure Sheet

Orders:

Watch
Shalissa, Davor, Gregor, Kerndrew
Single File Marching
Gregor, Kerndrew, Shalissa, Davor
Double File Marching
Gregor & Kerndrew, Shalissa, Davor
Map


2,701 to 2,750 of 3,250 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>

Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Perception and Reflexes:

Perception Davor: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Perception Shalissa: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 4 = 21
Perception Kerndrew: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Perception Neethan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Everybody has setup and is waiting for the beast to arrive. Night has fallen by now and just as you start wondering if it will come at all whena mighty crush rings through the village.

You ready yourself and wait trying to listen to the beast approaching.
Finally a deafneing roar is heard in front of the hut a large shape is crushing through the entry into the hut. his frontlegs shortly catch on the rope but his overall power is much too great to be tripped by the device (Reflex save suceeded).

Everybody must make a Will Save DC 15 or be shaken for 1d4 rounds. Shalissa gains a +4 advantage.
Defensive spells can be cast in advance after the first crush, in which case 3 rounds will be used up by the time the battle starts. Or if you decided to wait until the last moment it depends on your will save. If you made the save you had the time to cast the spell before ht beast joined combat, otherwise you will have to use up your normal actions.

Ini:
Shalissa: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Davor: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Kerndrew: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Neethan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Athyra: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Kyra: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Chemosit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Father Kerndrew and Davor stand ready for the onslaught and greet the beast with their blades.

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Davor
Kerndrew
Chemosit
Neethan
Athyra
Shalissa
Kyra


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa uses the short time since they notice the creature outside to cast shield of faith on Davor.

Shalissa-sickened+circumstantial: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 9 - 2 + 4 = 17
Kyra: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Athyra+naked courage: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25

As the roar interrupts the placid night, the female section of the party remains strong, even if a bit shocked "What is that thing?!"

Shalissa is caught flat-footed as she tries to process the menace in her drunk state.
Knowledge all-sickened: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 - 2 = 11 +1 more if arcana, +2 planes/religion


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

On hearing the crash Davor casts Guidance on Father Kerndrew, then himself. He readies his dagger for once the creature enters the hut, but is surprised by the brute force of its entry.

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

He fights against the creature's roar and forces himself to attack. Side-stepping to set the father up for a flank he strikes wit his dagger.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Prefight preparations:
Hearing something large making crushing sounds outside the hut, Neethan casts his protective spells
Mage Armor, 4 hours, bumps AC from 14 to 16
Mirror Image, 40-3=37 rounds left
#images: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

A terrible roar then frightens the wizard though.
Will Save: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 1 = 9
Shaken: 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Precision damage Davor (Flatfooted): 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4
Attack Kerndrew inkl. Flanking: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 24
Damage Kerndrew: 1d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11

Chemosit vs Neethan
bite: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 2 = 33
Dam: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
claw: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 2 = 17
Dam: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
claw: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 2 = 16
Dam: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Image ATT1 (1hits): 1d6 ⇒ 6 Miss
Image ATT2 (1hits): 1d5 ⇒ 4 Miss
Image ATT3 (1hits): 1d4 ⇒ 2 Miss

AoO Kerndrew: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Damage Kerndrew: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Will save Shep: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Will save Mate: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Will save Cooky: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Will save Nkechi: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Davor and Kerndrew are standing ready for the assault and take the bear int the middle, raining down blows on him from both sides, hitting him hard.

The Ape-Bear is carried forward by his momentum though and pounces on Neethan, raking his claws through the multitude of images swirling around the magician.Father Kerndrew uses the opening and leaves another deep cut in his Hindlegs. Davor also gets an Attack of opportunity

Seeing the ferociuos attacks of the beast the remaining pirates rush out of the way trying to leave the hut.

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Davor - AoO vs. Chemosit
Kerndrew
Chemosit(35)
Neethan - 2 images left
Athyra
Shalissa
Shep - Shaken & Running
Kyra
Mate - Shaken & Running
Cooky - Shaken & Running


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

It’s hard for the wizard to fight effectively with his spells in the close quarter inside the hut. He fears the long arms of the beast too and ducks behind Shalissa. Neethan hopes the animal in its turn fears fire and uses his evoker ability to make it seem like the campfire inside roars up and a round flaming sphere attacks the chemosit.
”Fire walk with me.”

Combat:

5’-step SW to D5. Shalissa gives cover, so no AoO.

Casting Flaming Sphere.
Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Effect 5-ft.-diameter sphere. The sphere moves 30 feet per round. As part of this movement, it can ascend or jump up to 30 feet to strike a target.
Duration 1 round/level,
Damage: 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3, 6) + 2 = 13, fire damage, incl Intense spells
Saving Throw: Reflex negates; Spell DC = 17
Spell Resistance yes ;

Conditions:
#Images left: 2

Shaken: R1, R2, (-2 modifier)
Slightly sickened (-1 modifier)

Flaming Sphere: R1,R2,R3,R4


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

AoO to hit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + (3, 4) = 15

Shocked at the speed and ferocity of the beast Davor is shocked that it leaps past him to attack the mage. He is glad to see that he had magical protections and continues attacking.

AoO to hit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + (1, 4) = 13


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Athyra shouts back at the beast, wielding her glaive furiously as she enters a feral stance and attacks.
glaive+rage: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 = 16
Damage+rage: 1d10 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 3 = 16

Meanwhile Shalissa, blind by the wine, stands her ground when Neethan retreats behind her "You are *nozing* come to *may* overgrown *ratth*" and as she steps to the side to give a flank to Davor, a blazing beam of crackling electricity springs forth from her hand.
Concentration+Jak's mantra-slightly sick DC 19: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 - 1 = 24
casting flame blade (domain electrical version)

HP 33/33 AC 16 TAC 12


HP 11/11 | AC 15 TAC 12 FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +3 Ref +1 Will +2 | Senses +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Climb +5, Craft (ships) +3, Perception +4, Profession (fisherman) +4, Profession (sailor) +8, Survival +4, Swim +5
Female N Human Expert 1/Warrior 1

Seeing the size of the creature Kyra hops back looking for a safe place for shooting.
Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

"That elf is crazy, get out of there spoiled maid!" as she speaks up, she shots an arrow to the beast.
composite longbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Piercing damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

HP 11/11 | AC 15 TAC 12


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Hit by fire and swords from all sides the Ape Bear falls down into the firepit extinguishing it with a hissing sound and filling the tent with the smell of burnt fur.

You win!


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

”Is it dead?”
Neethan lets what’s left of the flaming sphere grill the ape-bear’s head until that fire is put out too. He then walks forward, kicking the beast.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa swings her lightning blade at the fallen ape man, shocking it a couple of times before she realizes the creature is defeated "Ah *ya* see, it could not endure the *pawa* of the *bolp*"

The elf mostly falls after that, the blade disappearing from her hands and getting slept for the rest of the night and until the next day.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

With the monster falling so quickly adrenaline drains out of your bodies. Shalissa slumps to the ground and seems to be fallen alseep immediately.

Davor starts to wonder if he should be looking for the companions that ran out of the hut, when the Roof of the village is shaking violently and shortly later another scream pierces the night. I seems the Ape Bear had its mate with him this night, and it is attacking Maatt.

You may assume alls spells are stil up, just 1 more round went by.

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Davor
Kerndrew
Chemosit
Chemosit
Neethan - 2 images left
Athyra
Shalissa
Shep - Shaken
Kyra
Maatt - Dying
Cooky - Shaken


HP 11/11 | AC 15 TAC 12 FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +3 Ref +1 Will +2 | Senses +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Climb +5, Craft (ships) +3, Perception +4, Profession (fisherman) +4, Profession (sailor) +8, Survival +4, Swim +5
Female N Human Expert 1/Warrior 1

"Not that fast soggy" Kyra holds the elf as the roar expands all through the village "Problems always come in a pack"

Not letting Shalissa fall, Kyra drives herself and the elf out of the hut, and while one holds the lightning blade up in the night sky to see, the pirate raises her bow and shots at the second beast.
composite longbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Piercing damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Critical?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Piercing damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

HP 11/11 | AC 15 TAC 12
Kyra: move and shot
Shalissa: stand up and move
Athyra: double move

Meanwhile the dinosaur protector runs out of the hut trying to avoid attacks as she closes by the second chemosit.
Athyra: Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Will against second roar?
Shalissa-sickened+circumstantial: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 2 + 4 = 30
Kyra: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Athyra+naked courage: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 = 15


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Hearing more trouble outside, Neethan moves to the hut’s opening and sees a second chemosit fight there. He steps just outside and moves his flaming sphere outside too.

Two move actions.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor stares at the beast laying on the fire pit. "Ferocious beast, but.... It can't be that easy!"

Hearing the scream from outside he nods, and runs out. "More outside!"

Can't reach a flanking position, but Gang-up gives me flanking since there are 2 engaged in melee.

Attack to hit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (6, 5) = 16


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

@Davor: Sorry Maat was down and therefore not providing Melee bonuses for Gang Up

The gang rushes outside to watch the bear pickup Maat and trying to run for the jungle behind you. Davor and Athyra get an attack of Opportunity

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Davor
Kerndrew
Chemosit
Chemosit(11) - 40 ft. Away
Neethan - 2 images left
Athyra
Shalissa
Shep - Shaken
Kyra
Maatt - Dying
Cooky - Shaken


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

No problem. That would be a 25 to hit and only 5 damage then.
AoO to hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Athyra goes for the hit with rage, swinging her glaive as the beast retreats "Stop!"
AoO: glaive+rage: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 = 12
Damage+rage: 1d10 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 3 = 11

But swings at the air, almost hitting Shalissa in the back "Hei! Careful there!"


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan quickly casts a second flaming sphere after the retreating ape-bear, and he also moves the first one after it.

Combat:

Casting Flaming Sphere.
Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Effect 5-ft.-diameter sphere. The sphere moves 30 feet per round. As part of this movement, it can ascend or jump up to 30 feet to strike a target.
Duration 1 round/level,
Damage A: 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 3, 5) + 2 = 16, fire damage, incl Intense spells
Damage B: 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 6, 4) + 2 = 15, fire damage, incl Intense spells
Saving Throw Reflex negates; Spell DC = 17 for each sphere
Spell Resistance yes

Move action to move the first sphere.

Conditions:
#Images left: 2

Slightly sickened (-1 modifier)

Flaming Sphere A: R4
Flaming Sphere B: R4,R5,R6,R7


HP 30/30 | AC 16, TAC 12


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

AoO Kerndrew: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Dam: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

As the Ape Bear retreats Davor and Kerndrew are able to hit it once more before it retreats

@all This is a chase now. The ape moves very fast so you will have to come with something to catch him.
@Neethan The ape moves faster than your spheres, so it isn't useful to send another one after it. Feel free to change your turn.

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Davor - 40 ft. Back
Kerndrew - 40 ft. Back
Chemosit
Chemosit(35) - Running away
Neethan - 50 ft. Back, 2 images left
Athyra - 40 ft. Back
Shalissa - 50 ft. Back
Shep - Shaken
Kyra - 50 ft. Back
Maatt - Dying
Cooky - Shaken


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Not willing to let the injured creature just run, Davor mutters the words to a spell and sprints after it.

Casting Cheetah's Sprint and rushing to attack again.

Spell Fail 5% on a 1: 1d20 ⇒ 6
To Hit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 Assuming rough terrain so I cannot charge? Otherwise add +2
damage if that hits?: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
If Precision applies?: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7

"Fight me you stupid ape!"


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Seeing the chemosit quickly moving into the jungle, Neethan switches tactic to hunt after it.

Combat, update Round 4:

OK, I thought the ape-bear was still on the map for round 4.
*If the first flaming sphere can be moved to get at it before it moves away, then let it attack using a Move action and the previous posted damage.
*If it cannot reach the beast, then let Neethan rush a Move action (30 feet) after it instead. The dying sphere will just give light.

Standard action: Casting Force Missile .
It’s like Magic Missile, but with just 1d4 instead, and I believe only one missile instead of two.(?)
Range (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Missile: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3, force damage, incl Intense spells
Saving Throw none;
Spell Resistance yes ;

Combat, Round 5:

If it’s too dark to see in the jungle night(?), then cast Light on himself and pursue another 30 feet after it.

If it's light enough without his spell, then cast another Force Missile
Missile: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6, force damage, incl Intense spells

HP 30/30 | AC 16, TAC 12


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Athyra grunts and runs towards the beast 40' speed, trying to stab her massive glaive on its back.
glaive+rage: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 = 21
Damage+rage: 1d10 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 3 = 16

Shalissa stumbles forward 30' extending her left hand towards the Chemosit while holding her sword in the right "*Ya* stumbled with a bone you cannot chew *Apple* Bear?" saying words of faith that create a chain fully made of force that tries to coil around its legs to throw it to the jungle ground.
Trip maneuver+tattoo-sickened: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 - 1 = 14

HP 33/33 AC 16 TAC 12
flame blade 2 rounds remaining
chain of perdition 6 rounds


HP 11/11 | AC 15 TAC 12 FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +3 Ref +1 Will +2 | Senses +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Climb +5, Craft (ships) +3, Perception +4, Profession (fisherman) +4, Profession (sailor) +8, Survival +4, Swim +5
Female N Human Expert 1/Warrior 1

Unperturbed Kyra moves forward 20 feet and raises the bow, putting another arrow in the air "Where all those cocky mates now?"
composite longbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Piercing damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Unfortunately, the cord slides from her hand prematurely and the arrow is completely unbalanced "Tsk!"

HP 11/11 | AC 15 TAC 12


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

The ape bear is trying to retreat into the jungle with his prey, but Neethan and Davor react promptly and strike down the chemosit before it can get away.

When Davor catches up with his supernatural speed he slithes open the belly of the beast.

When the other catch up you find Maath heavily bleading from various claw marks in his chest.

You won, but Maath is currently dying


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa kneels before Maath trying to see what is happening and what treatment is needed "Oh, I see... dying..."

To close the bleeding, she tries to apply some magical treatment.
CMW (sound burst): 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 8) + 5 = 18

And despite it takes some effort for her to find her Gozreh holy symbol, she follows up with some channeled energy "Sky father sooth us with your *heling*"
Channel energy 3/4: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 1) = 8

Once Maath is ok, she can provide more healing still, the elven is more than ready to get a sleep "*Zo* shaman, see we more than helped your village" a yawn follows.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Once the beast drops Davor cleans and sheaths his blade, then examines the creature. "Are the claws or bite poisoned? Just checking to be sure the wounds aren't worse than they look...."

Grabbing one of the arms he starts to drag the beast. "Where should we take the bodies? Can't just leave them here to rot! Need to clear the one from the hut too."


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Luckily the pirate has only clawwounds, and so Shalissa is easily able to heal him with her magic.

By the time you are finished the villagers dare to leave there huts once more. Seeing that you freed them of there menace they are more than happy to take care of the removal of the beasts.

The shaman comes towards Davor "I see I was right in asking for help. Thank you so Much and please forgive my people that they have not been comletely open with you."


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan is relieved they’ve dealt with not only one but two of the beasts without much trouble. He returns to the hut to clean up the mess and air out the smell of the first burnt ape-bear. Now, maybe they can get a good night’s sleep. Keeping a guard is likely still a good idea.
He asks the shaman to remove the blood sign if it’s still active, so as not to attract any more wild beasts.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

The shaman orderns a few local woman to do the cleanign and after some short work You spend a relatively quiet night.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan appreciates the rest in the relative comfort of the hut and starts the next day by going over his spellbook in preparation for the new day’s adventures. He then looks for breakfast. The effects of the wine they’d had the previous evening has worn off and he’s hungry again. No more wine today, he reminds himself.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor smiles kindly at the shaman's words. "We understand. Sometimes it's hard to ask for help when it may not be offered. Those were some fearsome beasts. But they are dead now and nobody was seriously hurt."

Once the hut is cleared Davor lays down for the rest of the night.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Short after attending the shaman, Shalissa is happy to go to sleep. She is so tired that she does nothing else until the next day.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

In the next morning a huge breakfast is delievered to the front of your hut.
While you spend the morning sitting in the sun and enjoying the meal the young people of the village are converging around you and look forward to hear your story of the nights epic battle.

Later during the day the shaman approaches you once more.
"I have thought long how I should thank you for your deeds. We are a poor village and while you will be free to fill up your provisions as much as you like, but we are a poor village and don't own much.
But I own a magic talisman, which may help you in your future adventures, which I would like to gift to you."

The Shaman hands you a a grisly, shrunken monkey head and a small piece of parchment.

"This talisman will help you to dispel an evil you meet. If you incant the name of Shenaga the monkey spirit and touch the beast it will be banished back to where it came."

Zenji Spirit Fetish:

The bearer of this shrunken monkey head can use it to cast dispel evil. While the spell is in effect, the bearer can make a melee touch attack with the head to banish an evil creature from another plane back to its home plane, or dispel one evil spell or one enchantment spell cast by an evil creature. This use discharges and ends the spell. When the spell ends, the fetish becomes a normal, nonmagical monkey head.

"And our warriors found this map on a sargavian soldier who perished in the jungle a few years ago."

The map notes the location of a sunken ship in a large lake.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan is eager to get to Kalabuto and find out more about what has happened while he was gone and at least send a message to his parents that he’s still alive. He therefore hopes there isn’t anything else the shaman or the tribe chief wants help with, but that they can continue the journey to the city. Luckily, the tribe seems grateful and awards them with a couple of strange gifts.

The use of the shrunken monkey head suggests getting close to an evil enemy, and Neethan likes to stay as far away from them as possible.
The map is interesting, but the wizard has seen a lot of fake ones in Eleder promising adventurers riches, so he is skeptical.

Appraise?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 Does the map/story seem true?
Kn(history)?: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

He’s fine with the other members of the party taking hold of the gift, but tries to remember the site of the sunken ship anyway.

Neethan is more interested in information and he recalls the warning about ankhegs they got yesterday.

Kn(nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 (What does Neethan know about ankhegs?)

”Can you tell us more about dangers along the road to Kalabato? What was that about ankhegs? What are these? How many? Any way to bypass them? Anything else we need knowing?” he asks the shaman and the other members of the tribe.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Neethan rememebers amishappen attempt of the Sargavan Government to create naval presence on the lake of the vanishing armies, so its not completely impossible for one of the ships to lie there fur of its ill gotten treasure.

Ankhegs are burrowing, bug-like monster scuttles about on six legs, drooling noxious green ichor from its clacking mandibles. They do acid damage and like to grapple its opponets to draw them into there burrows.

You have enough information to Avoid the colony, but there will be some checks neccessary to make sure the main force also finds a secure way.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

" Thanks a lot for everything, we certainly will look to have a look at that ship" Shalissa will thank everyone and prepare herself to do the trip.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

"Yes. A good look at the ship would be nice. But I think maybe we should go hunting the ankhegs as well? They're dangerous and should be destroyed so they don't hurt anyone."


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan turns to Shalissa, Kerndrew and Davor, scratching his head.
”Please remind me: Are you going to wait for the rest of your caravan here? Do you have an assignment to make the trade route safe in general or are you just worrying for your own crew?
If you are planning to attack these ankhegs, then we need to prepare some protection against their acid.”


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"We are continuing, not waiting for the rest of the expedition yet Neethan, but yes, we are trying to secure the route for them" Shalissa explains.

"I do believe Davor is right about the Ankhegs, ok, let's do it" the elf nods agreeing to deal with "Do you have protections against them Neethan? I think I can ask the Sky Father for some resistance against acid for all of us, but will not last for the whole day"

I need to decide spells, but for the rest Shalissa is ready to go hunt Ankhegs


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan nods at Shalissa’s reply. He explains to her that he has already studied his spellbook this morning and prepared his spells without specifically targeting the acid issue. The wizard wants to show some cooperation though and points to his special ring, with which he at least can use for one protecting spell without preparation.

”How far is it to the ankheg colony? Will we reach it today, before it gets dark or tomorrow? With an extra day, I can prepare more. I thought we were going to wait here for your caravan to catch up.”

Neethan asks the tribe members too how far it is to the ankheg colony, if they don’t already know it in the team.

Neethan can currently cast ‘Resist Energy(acid)’ once using his ring.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Whatever the distance is, Shalissa will pray Gozreh the next day to prepare the group against the Ankhegs.

Spells prepared:

Orisons
light
detect magic
divine guidance
create water
dancing lights 3/3 (Varisian Tattoo)

Level 1 (5/day)
shocking grasp^
2x liberating command
obscuring mist
shield of faith

Level 2 (4/day)
flame blade (electrical version)^
calm emotions (Will 16)
sound burst (Fort 17)
summon monster II

Level 3 (3/day)
lightning bolt (Ref 18)^
resist energy, communal
summon monster III

Before leaving, she will visit their injured friend "Gregor, if you are nor feeling good, you can stay here and heal while the main expedition arrives."

Athyra will try to lead the group to the Ankhegs region.
Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Location of the Ankhegs
"About a month ago a trader from Kalabuto came through here. He mentioned almost breaking his wagons axle on one of the sinkhole, before he decided to give the place a wide berth. From What I understand it should be about 2 days further along."
No Problem setting new spells for the prepared casters.

Gregors Illness
Gregor has been in fever for most the last days and you even had to prepare a strethcer to be drawn by the mules for him.

When you discuss his condition with Nkechi, he surmises "I believe your friend has contracted malaria and his body doesn't seem to be able to fight it. I think it is important that he is taken imto care by someone with the right medicines. I think your suggestion is a good one Shalissa. I will ask the shaman to provide some bark which will reduce his suffering until the main expedition arrives."

@ Neethan: Nkechi is native priest of Goz'reh who is also travveling with the group and is helping you to avoid the worst dangers off the jungle.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

In the afternoon of the next day Davor is easily able to spot the telltale signs of dozens opf Ankheg burrows in the ground.

A collection of snaking mounds about three feet high spreads
across the savanna like an alien land formation. Some twist and
wind for several hundred yards, while others sink back into the
soil after only a few yards.

"This Doesn't look like the work of a single creature. I am sure we will find at least three of these creatures are living here."

You have more than enough time to prepare in any way you like. Currently you are seeing no creature above ground. Nkechi also warns you that the Ankhegs can spoot you by the vibrations of your Footsteps.

I understood you actually want them to find you, in which case you just need to make enough ruckus to draw them towards you.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan sees the grooves in the ground and piles of dirt indicating underground activity. He knows enough about these large insect-like creatures to want to keep a distance well away from their attacks.
He casts Mage Armor upon himself and hopes Shalissa can protect them from any acid attacks. He is aware that some of the spells do not have a long enough duration and holds his Mirror Image spell ready to be cast if they get close enough to see the beasts themselves.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"I will hold my magic until we have contact with them. The last we want is for our magic to run out while we hunt them" Shalissa explains while touching the earth where the creatures have left their burrow marks "Let's try to engage one of them by surprise. If all of them jump on us, we will fight them, but if we can take them one by one it will be easier."
Survival+guidance: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 = 16


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Knowledge ?? Ankeg?: 1d20 ⇒ 4 +6 for Arcana, Dungeoneering +7 Nature ? I don't want to look them up. Remember them from Original D&D, but.... Pretty bad roll so I'm assuming he didn't know much!

Seeing the mounds Davor takes out his Hanbo to press on the ground ahead of him. "Burrowing creatures would leave soft dirt that might drop us into a tunnel. I think it'd be best if we could draw them up to us than to try and fight them in their tunnels."

Unless anyone proposes something else Davor suggests that he proceed at least 10' ahead of anyone else. If he finds an area that looks like it would collapse he is going to beat on it with his weapon trying to make "noise" that would draw one up to him. If he notices any sign of something coming he will scramble back if he can. Where's that 10' pole that all adventurers are supposed to have?

Also casting Mage Armor on myself. Spell Fail on 5% on 1: 1d20 ⇒ 19


Knowledge results were posted already

"You are right Davor, we don't want to fight them in their tunnels. Its probably best to make some noise up here and draw them out."


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan feels the fast and agile Athyra and her dino are the best hunters out in the open field. They can more easily evade an ankheg and lure it towards the rest. He voices his opinion, but if Davor still wants to probe ahead, Neethan won’t push the issue.
”I can create and project sound as you saw in the village before. I can mimic a buffalo or a lion perhaps? As long as that doesn’t wake up the whole colony of them.”

2,701 to 2,750 of 3,250 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kulkos Souls for Smuggler’s Shiv (SSk1) - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.