DM Brainiac's Hell's Rebels

Game Master Brainiac

Battle Maps
Map of Kintargo
Map of the Wasp Nest
Loot Spreadsheet

Current Date: 3 Desnus, 4715 AR


51 to 100 of 649 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Human Female Oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | HP: 14/21 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +2 W: +2* | Init: +2 | Perception: +3

The oracle gasps loudly as the full weight of the pain hits her, her hands reflexively moving up to her bloody face as Adolina's wounds are transferred to her.

Seraphina has no desire to stay and die here this day. When that boisterous woman announces that they should leave, she swivels her head in that direction. Looking back to Adolina she whispers in a strained voice "We should go?", coming out more of a question than a statement.

If Adolina moves to retreat, Seraphina will gladly accompany her. Otherwise she's cautious to let a woman who just took a mace to the face stay alone and die.

Silver Crusade

HP:27/31; AC:18 FF:14 T:14; F:+5 R:+4 W+2 (+2/3 based on alignment); Init +3; SM +7, DD +10, Di/In +9, Knw L +7; Challenge 1/1 (+3 damage, +Others), Tactician 0/1, Active:

Rapier: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 26 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Crit?: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 15 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Adolina takes advantage of the newcomer's arrival to drive her rapier cleanly between the citizens rudimentary armor and deep into his body, before stepping back.

"I think we should go, good sir." She says to the man who offered her aid.

Assuming that dealt with the last thug...


The thug groans in pain before sagging to the street. Seizing the opportunity, Adolina leads the way through the crowd, who part for her before closing back in to prevent the dottari from effectively pursuing.

You make it to the edge of the plaza, escaping the rioting mob. As you prepare to leave, you can see Nox reemerge from the opera house with a snarling hell hound on a leash! The creature howls as it breathes gouts of flame, doing what the militia and guards alone could not--it swiftly disperses the crowd.

You escape into the streets, granting you a moment to catch your breath.


Male Seascarred Ranger (Freebooter, Skirmisher) 3 | 31/31 HP, 2 nonlethal, 1 Str damage | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3 | Initiative +2 {+2 in or on water} | Perception +10

Tanjona jogs away with the others, stowing his trident as soon as he can, though of course a weapon that size can't simply be hidden in a rucksack.

"Now what?" he says once they get some distance. "There will certainly be a crackdown. There may even be people looking for us, after this. We should not stay on the streets. Tomorrow morning, I guarantee, there will be new proclamations and new executions."

Silver Crusade

HP:27/31; AC:18 FF:14 T:14; F:+5 R:+4 W+2 (+2/3 based on alignment); Init +3; SM +7, DD +10, Di/In +9, Knw L +7; Challenge 1/1 (+3 damage, +Others), Tactician 0/1, Active:

"Come with me." Adolina says firmly. "I have a place you can all stay for now, fly under the dragons for a few days. You, you're hurt!" She exclaims, the slow trickle of blood from under Seraphina's veil catching her eye. "We'll have to get you some healing. This way!"

She sets off, leading the other woman by the hand before looking over her shoulder. "You too Farrina. Unless you can actually disappear. I still want my scarf back."


You follow after Adolina, but it's only a couple of minutes before Tanjona hears the sound of steel clashing against steel alongside a cry of pain from a nearby alley. The ranger spots a group of Chelish Citizens’ Group thugs just as they knock a man to the ground. Four unconscious thugs lie sprawled nearby, and it's obvious that the remaining thugs are preparing to finish off the fallen victim.

Silver Crusade

HP:27/31; AC:18 FF:14 T:14; F:+5 R:+4 W+2 (+2/3 based on alignment); Init +3; SM +7, DD +10, Di/In +9, Knw L +7; Challenge 1/1 (+3 damage, +Others), Tactician 0/1, Active:

"Unhand him ruffians!" Adolina declares, advancing towards them with her rapier out. "Leave now and I will let you live!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Human Female Oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | HP: 14/21 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +2 W: +2* | Init: +2 | Perception: +3

When the group pulls away, Seraphina calls for a halt so she can address the wounded. "Just a moment, just a moment." she asks. She closes her eyes as a burst of warmth emanates from her body, healing those that are injured.

Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 6

She smiles "There. All better now. Let us proceed."


Human Deceptionist 3 | HP 14/14 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +5 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |
Spells:
detect magic - light - prestidigitation - ray of frost - color spray - magic missile - silent image - <empty>

With quick words and a few shimmies, Farrina's guise shifts and takes on the appearance of one of the actual dottari. "We've got him, men. On your way!" she adds in a masculine sounding voice.

disguise self

Disguise: 1d20 + 9 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 10 = 31


Human Female Oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | HP: 14/21 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +2 W: +2* | Init: +2 | Perception: +3

Intimidate: Assist: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Serphina hides her body behind Farrina and Adolina, just that only her weapon hangs in sight. She waves it around menacingly, attempting to aid Adolina's intimidation technique.


The thugs falter a bit in the face of Adolina’s bold display, taking a few steps away from their victim. When they hear Farrina’s shout, they sneer and fall back completely. ”Yeah, you’re in for it now! The dottari will sort you rebel scum out!” They scamper off, snickering.

The man coughs weakly and sits up, dusting off his fine clothes. He wears a single glove on one hand. ”Thank you for the timely intervention. My name’s Rexus Victocora. You wouldn’t happen to have some healing to spare, would you?”

The Victocoras are one of Kintargo’s noble families.


Human Female Oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | HP: 14/21 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +2 W: +2* | Init: +2 | Perception: +3

"We would." Seraphina says, stepping forward and taking a knee at the weak man's side. "Let me see your injuries, good sir." After a brief examination of his wounds, she will cast a healing spell to help get him back on his feet.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 If that's not enough, let me know.


Human Deceptionist 3 | HP 14/14 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +5 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |
Spells:
detect magic - light - prestidigitation - ray of frost - color spray - magic missile - silent image - <empty>

"So what were you stupid enough to do to be set upon by Kindargo's finest thugs?" Farrina asks in her normal alto - a contrast to her very masculine dottari appearance.


”Why, following you lot, of course. You caught my eye at the protest, but the streets aren’t safe to talk. Instead, I suggest you follow me to a safe place—a bookstore not far from Aria Park called Crissali’s Fine Tomes that offers a generous and discreet back-room policy.”


Human Deceptionist 3 | HP 14/14 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +5 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |
Spells:
detect magic - light - prestidigitation - ray of frost - color spray - magic missile - silent image - <empty>

"Oh, lovely. A VIP back room. Let's go," Farina responds with a grin. "Do they offer bottle service?"


Male Seascarred Ranger (Freebooter, Skirmisher) 3 | 31/31 HP, 2 nonlethal, 1 Str damage | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3 | Initiative +2 {+2 in or on water} | Perception +10

Tanjona's about to unlimber his trident again - who carries around a trident? - but after the illusionist handily defuses the situation he lets it ride.

"The citizen's brigades are likely to continue tracking and beating people at random for the next couple of hours. How close is this bookstore?"


”No bottles, I’m afraid, but perhaps we can get some drinks later,” Rexus says to Farrina with a grin. He turns to Tanjona. ”Just a few blocks away. Follow me!”

Once you reach the bookstore, Rexus nods to its proprietress before heading into the back room. With privacy secured, he relaxes a bit. “Thank you again for that timely rescue. As I mentioned, our meeting was no coincidence. I followed you from the protest earlier today, but in the panic that erupted I lost track of your group. You proved yourselves to be people of uncommon skill, and I am a man of uncommon needs.

“Right up until last week’s Night of Ashes, I was one of this city’s nobles. My parents’ estate burned to the ground that night—I escaped simply because I was studying at the Alabaster Academy during the fire. There were other fires that night, as you know—fires that many believe were started by Barzillai Thrune or his agents in an attempt to squash any spirit of rebellion Kintargo might have.

“Now more than ever we need that spirit of rebellion to stay strong, but Thrune’s actions have driven into hiding those who would stay strong and resist. Those who could once rally the city to a cause, such as Lord-Mayor Jilia Bainilus and my parents, are missing at best, and are more likely dead. I cannot do this on my own, but with the aid of talented citizens such as yourselves, I have hope that we can. Will you aid Kintargo? Will you save the city from the devil?”


Male Seascarred Ranger (Freebooter, Skirmisher) 3 | 31/31 HP, 2 nonlethal, 1 Str damage | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3 | Initiative +2 {+2 in or on water} | Perception +10

Tanjona shifts from foot to foot and says, "I am sorry for your loss. But, eh, I am just a sailor who is stuck in port, eh?"


Human Deceptionist 3 | HP 14/14 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +5 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |
Spells:
detect magic - light - prestidigitation - ray of frost - color spray - magic missile - silent image - <empty>

Farrina drops her disguise before entering the bookstore. Although slightly disappointed at the lack of anything resembling alcohol in the establishment, the shelves of books make up for that one small failing.

She listens to the ex-nobleman's story and once he's finished, she begins laughing. Laughing, in fact, until tears begin running down her face, threatening to smear her heavy makeup.

"Oh, Rexus, you are a funny one," she finally says, catching her breath. "You want ... us," she gestures at her and the others, "to save this city? You're funnier than I am, and believe me, that's saying a lot when I'm on a roll." She wipes the tears from her cheeks. "Hells, we'll be lucky to get home today without getting out teeth knocked in. Now I'll be the first to admit that I'm very skilled at what I do."

And you're so humble, as well.

"Oh, f*@@ off. But what you need is not what I offer. You need some noble knight of Iomedae or such."


”You are quite skilled with that trident of yours, Just a Sailor. If you are looking for a cause to fight for, we would welcome you as a brother-in-arms. There would be ample compensation, of course,” Rexus says to Tanjona.

He clucks his tongue at Farrina. ”Au contraire, my darling. A knight lacks the subtlety to rebel without being caught. Your skills are exactly what we need right now.”


Male Seascarred Ranger (Freebooter, Skirmisher) 3 | 31/31 HP, 2 nonlethal, 1 Str damage | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3 | Initiative +2 {+2 in or on water} | Perception +10

"I wasn't looking for a fight so much as a meal," replies Tanjona. He glances to the illusionist, uncertain of what to make her outburst, then a puzzled expression comes over his face and he says, "You speak like you have a plan for this 'revolution', yet you are approaching strangers in the city whom you have just met by happenstance after a beating by the citizen's committee. What exactly is your goal and how do you mean to achieve it?"


Human Deceptionist 3 | HP 14/14 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +5 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |
Spells:
detect magic - light - prestidigitation - ray of frost - color spray - magic missile - silent image - <empty>

Subtlety? No, he really doesn't know you at all, does he?

"Look, Rexus ... Can I call you Rexus? Good," Farrina says, putting one arm around the man's shoulders. "I tell a good story. I make people laugh. I've been known to sing," She waves her other hand and a small blue sphere about an inch-and-a-half appears in it. "And I can make s&&# seem to appear and disappear out of thin air." She snaps her fingers and the sphere vanishes. "That skill doesn't really work when your hands are strapped over your head and there's a fifty-pound rock hanging from your feet."

But they've closed the opera house.

"Yes, they did!" She snaps, dropping her arm from around Rexus and turning to argue with the empty air. "But shooting a magic ball out of my arse isn't going to change that, now is it?!"

If we worked with them, maybe we could change things.

"With these losers?" she asks, waving a hand in the direction of the others.

They got out of that crowd alive, didn't they?

The heavily-made-up woman contemplates the situation. "They did, didn't they?" She shakes her head. "It doesn't matter. Doing s++& like that is the perfect way to end up dead - or worse, tortured and then dead."

Someone needs to step up.

"Then maybe you should get off your arse and do something for once," she snaps back. She waits for a moment, but there's no reply. "Yeah, that's what I thought. Leave the serious s~&# to me, just like always."

She turns to look at Rexus. "So what do we do next? Plan Barizallai Thrune's assassination?" she asks with a cheery voice.


Male Seascarred Ranger (Freebooter, Skirmisher) 3 | 31/31 HP, 2 nonlethal, 1 Str damage | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3 | Initiative +2 {+2 in or on water} | Perception +10

Tanjona looks uncomfortable for a moment, then says to Farrina, "Oh, uh, are you talking to us again? You were talking to... someone else... there for a minute."


Human Deceptionist 3 | HP 14/14 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +5 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |
Spells:
detect magic - light - prestidigitation - ray of frost - color spray - magic missile - silent image - <empty>

Farrina dismisses Tanjona's question with a grand hand wave. "Someone entirely forgettable and of no consequence," she says before putting an arm around Rexus' shoulder again. "You were mentioning drinks?"


Human Female Oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | HP: 14/21 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +2 W: +2* | Init: +2 | Perception: +3

Seraphina turns to Farrina and watches her, mesmerized. Her eyes widen slightly as a telling smile comes across her lips.

She... She's like me! Seraphina exclaims in her head.

No one is quite like you, dear. a middle-aged woman reminds her.

But she is clearly talking to someone else in her head! Seraphina protests.

Oh what a fine pair you two would make! an elderly man protests loudly.

The masked woman stares in Farrina's direction, transfixed by the fabulous.


Rexus’s smile lessens slightly ”Well, uh, I don’t really have a plan yet. But I have part of a plan, and it starts with a family legacy I only recently discovered. My mother, Porcia, was a high-ranking member of a secret society called the Sacred Order of Archivists, a band of Iroran scholars dedicated to the protection and restoration of history. I learned this the day after the Night of Ashes, when I approached a woman named Laria Longroad, who claimed to be one of my mother’s contacts. I was dubious of her claims at first, but I believed her once she produced a coffer of valuables and a note in my mother’s hand.” He produces the note for you to read:

My dearest son,

If you are reading this, what I have feared has come to pass and I am dead. For many years, I have belonged to the Sacred Order of Archivists and have worked to free Kintargo from Chelish rule. I have learned much about Kintargo’s secret history, and fear the time will soon come when the city needs the return of its Silver Ravens. You have likely not heard of the Silver Ravens—few have. Mentions of them have been redacted by the agents of House Thrune, but during the civil war, the Ravens worked to ensure Kintargo’s safety. They were heroes in their day, and I fear that Kintargo needs their kind again. Do not believe the government’s claims that Lord-Mayor Bainilus abandoned us! Darker things are afoot, and I fear that all who work against Thrune may find themselves in danger in the days ahead.

The Silver Ravens maintained numerous hideouts within Kintargo’s walls during the civil war. I have located one such site—the chambers below a building known today as the Fair Fortune Livery. If you are reading this, I was unable to seek further answers there myself. Gather heroes to your side, my son, and search below the livery. There, if my research is correct, you will find something to teach you more of the Silver Ravens and their legacy.

Do not let my death be in vain. Stand up for Kintargo. Bring the Silver Ravens back to life!

Once you have read the letter, Rexus continues. ”I will be the first to admit my own shortcomings when it comes to adventure and rebellion. My constitution is rather frail, after all. But I hope that the you all might take on the roles that my mother called for, and together we can save Kintargo!”


Male Seascarred Ranger (Freebooter, Skirmisher) 3 | 31/31 HP, 2 nonlethal, 1 Str damage | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3 | Initiative +2 {+2 in or on water} | Perception +10

"Well, uh, I mean, having a hideout could be a good thing in this general chaos," says Tanjona after he reads the letter. "Hmm. I am, eh, not enthusiastic about becoming a target, but maybe there is something to this livery, yes? I mean, I am at least willing to entertain the notion of taking a look."

He turns to Adolina and says, "What about you? What do you think, miss... ?"


Human Female Oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | HP: 14/21 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +2 W: +2* | Init: +2 | Perception: +3

Turning her attention to the letter to read it for a moment, she looks up at Rexus and asks sadly "I'm sorry for the loss of your mother."

And you, are you going to throw in with them? a voice in her head asks.

Responding aloud, Seraphina says "Just to be clear, you're asking us to form a rebellion based on a protest a few moments ago? I'd need to think about this. This is a lot."

"Oh." she says, looking between Adolina and Tanjona. "Oh. I'm sorry. I thought you were talking to me. I thought I heard. Nevermind. My, apologies."


Rexus nods sadly at Seraphina’s condolences. ”Thank you. Both she and my father offered me nothing but love and support through a... difficult period of my life. I shall miss them terribly.”

Knowledge (nobility) DC 15:
Raised for years as a fiery and exuberant young lady thanks to the circumstances of his birth, Rexus only recently embraced his true identity. But while his parents embraced their newly revealed son, the news scandalized their stodgy social circles.

”I have actually had my eye on a few of you for some time. Farrina, I must say the shows you put on are spectacular! And of course, there are few in Kintargo who do not know Lady Jhaltero, or at least somebody connected to her,” Remus says with a nod to Adolina.

”If you will accompany me to Fair Fortune Livery, then the other items in this coffer—my inheritance—are yours to keep. Mere objects mean nothing unless they are used to do good.”

The coffer contains 150 gp, a Victocora signet ring worth 75 gp, a masterwork silver dagger, and a set of bracers of armor +1.


Human Deceptionist 3 | HP 14/14 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +5 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |
Spells:
detect magic - light - prestidigitation - ray of frost - color spray - magic missile - silent image - <empty>
Sabina Attico wrote:
"Oh." she says, looking between Adolina and Tanjona. "Oh. I'm sorry. I thought you were talking to me. I thought I heard. Nevermind. My, apologies."

"Oh, Love," Farrina offers, placing a consoling hand on the woman's arm. "You don't want people thinking you're hearing voices. They'll think you've lost your mind."

She turns back to Rexus. "Let's check out this livery."


Human Female Oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | HP: 14/21 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +2 W: +2* | Init: +2 | Perception: +3

Seraphina laughs nervously, looking over at Farrina "Ha ha. Yeah. Don't want that."

She clears her throat and looks back to Rexus and nods "Alright. I suppose it doesn't hurt to go take a peek."


Human Deceptionist 3 | HP 14/14 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +5 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |
Spells:
detect magic - light - prestidigitation - ray of frost - color spray - magic missile - silent image - <empty>

"Oh, hey, s~%! ain't gonna get serious yet, right?" Farrina asks Rexus as a second thought strikes her. "Because I've got like zip left as far as any magic is concerned."


"I honestly do not know if the livery will be dangerous," Rexus says. "It may be best if you rest and recover your power first before we venture forth."


Male Seascarred Ranger (Freebooter, Skirmisher) 3 | 31/31 HP, 2 nonlethal, 1 Str damage | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3 | Initiative +2 {+2 in or on water} | Perception +10

"Where is a safe place to do so?" says Tanjona. "I, eh, barely have the money for a common room in a flophouse."

Silver Crusade

HP:27/31; AC:18 FF:14 T:14; F:+5 R:+4 W+2 (+2/3 based on alignment); Init +3; SM +7, DD +10, Di/In +9, Knw L +7; Challenge 1/1 (+3 damage, +Others), Tactician 0/1, Active:

I don't post for one evening and look what happens!

"Rexus!" Adolina says with a smile, pulling the man up. "This is a bit more shabby than your usual haunts!"

---------------------------------
At Rexus's proposal Adolina simply nods and settles into a chair to watch the show. There was never any doubt in her mind, Kintargo is her city and it does not deserve a monster like Barzallai Thrune.

"You will be welcome at my house, Just A Sailor." She says with a smile, "Although I believe its polite to exchange names first. I'm Adolina, daughter of House Jhaltero. I must thank you all for your aid in the riot, I likely would not have escaped without you all."


Male Seascarred Ranger (Freebooter, Skirmisher) 3 | 31/31 HP, 2 nonlethal, 1 Str damage | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3 | Initiative +2 {+2 in or on water} | Perception +10

Tanjona nods a few times and says, "My name is Tanjona. That is all - no house or the like. I am from the Shackles, but of course now I am trapped in this city, due to all of the new regulations."

He shifts his stance to include everyone in the conversation and says, "So, one day at a time? Sleep tonight, livery tomorrow, and then see what the future holds next?"

Silver Crusade

HP:27/31; AC:18 FF:14 T:14; F:+5 R:+4 W+2 (+2/3 based on alignment); Init +3; SM +7, DD +10, Di/In +9, Knw L +7; Challenge 1/1 (+3 damage, +Others), Tactician 0/1, Active:

"That seems like the best course of action." Adolina agrees. "There is no way of knowing how our city is going to be tomorrow, not while Thrune squats in the opera house like a bloated spider. We move one step at a time, to protect ourselves and others."

She looks around at the other two women. "You are both welcome to lodge with me tonight if you want. Especially you, Miss...?" She says, addressing the veiled woman.


Human Deceptionist 3 | HP 14/14 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +5 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |
Spells:
detect magic - light - prestidigitation - ray of frost - color spray - magic missile - silent image - <empty>
Adolina d'Jhaltera wrote:
"You are both welcome to lodge with me tonight if you want. Especially you, Miss...?" She says, addressing the veiled woman.

Farrina gives out a very unlady-like snort. "No delusions about what's on your mind. Thanks for the offer, Adolina. I'll be happy to take you up on it on the condition that you and ..." she waves vaguely at Sabina, "... you ... keep the moaning and groaning down enough so I can get some sleep."


Feel free to finish up some conversations retroactively. Posting this now before I leave work for the day.

Rexus tells you that Laria Longroad offered him a room in her coffee shop, and he will be retiring there tonight. He promises to meet up with you in the morning to explore the livery.

You travel through the district of Redroof before crossing Bleakbridge, the main thoroughfare across the Yolubilis River that divides Kintargo in two. The bridge doubles as Kintargo’s busiest market, for along both sides of the bridge, numerous small shops beckon and tempt the traveler. Bustling markets thrive at each end of the bridge as well, and until Barzillai Thrune arrived, passage across the bridge was free of charge. Today, the new city government excises a tax of 3 cp per crossing for citizens who wish to use the bridge.

Once across, Adolina leads you to the walled-off Greens district, where the city's noble villas are located. The Jhaltero Estate is located close to Grengate, the city's easternmost gate. This gate normally stands closed; the majority of the traffic that comes and goes from here is visiting dignitaries and aristocrats from elsewhere in Cheliax. With the current troubles in the nation, few visitors have been arriving.

Servants greet Adolina and show you to the small guest house behind the main estate. As you are getting situated, there's a knock on the door, and then the family's patriarch in Kintargo, Baron Canton Jhaltero, steps inside.

"Good evening, Adolina," the soft-spoken baron says to the cavalier. "I heard you got into a bit of a scuffle outside the opera house earlier. And you seem to have made some new... friends?" He quirks an eyebrow as he regards the rest of you.


Human Deceptionist 3 | HP 14/14 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +5 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |
Spells:
detect magic - light - prestidigitation - ray of frost - color spray - magic missile - silent image - <empty>

"Well Hello, Handsome," Farrina says with a hand to her chest. "Farrina the Fabulous if you please. Farrina to my friends." She holds out her hand and steps in close. "And you can call me whatever the hells you'd like," she adds in a suggestive whisper.


Canton takes Farrina's hand and brushes his lips against the back. "Charmed, I'm sure. What brings you to my family's home?" he asks, studying the illusionist shrewdly.


Human Female Oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | HP: 14/21 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +2 W: +2* | Init: +2 | Perception: +3
Adolina wrote:
You are both welcome to lodge with me tonight if you want. Especially you, Miss...?"

Rising to her feet, she stammers "Sabina. Sabina Attico. Thank you. I will accept."

Farrina wrote:
"... you ... keep the moaning and groaning down enough so I can get some sleep."

Turning to face the woman, Sabina frowns. "Moaning and groaning? I'm afraid I don't understand? While my healing gifts do impart some injury to myself, I do not tend to make loud noises when using them. Or at least I try not to. If I did earlier, it was due to the chaotic nature of that encounter. My apologies. I do not intend to keep you or anyone else awake."

Baron Jhaltero wrote:
And you seem to have made some new... friends?" He quirks an eyebrow as he regards the rest of you.

Sabina steps forward and offers her hand, "Uhm. Sabina Attico. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, sir." but her voice is overshadowed by that of Farrina. Which is completely fine by her. She slips behind Tanjona and waits in the back.


Human Deceptionist 3 | HP 14/14 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +5 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |
Spells:
detect magic - light - prestidigitation - ray of frost - color spray - magic missile - silent image - <empty>

"Oh, we have some business ventures to arrange with this lovely lady," Farrina replies, gesturing towards Adolina. "But that's not really important. I'd like to hear more about you."


Canton pats Farrina's hand. "In good time, my dear, I assure you. I would hear more of my sister's business ventures first." He gives Adolina a look.


Human Deceptionist 3 | HP 14/14 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +5 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |
Spells:
detect magic - light - prestidigitation - ray of frost - color spray - magic missile - silent image - <empty>

This guy won't give up the bone.

"Oh, it's nothing important," Farrina says dismissively. "I'm arranging a new show and she's working out some of the logistics for me. Venue, staff, munchies, you know, the usual." With a wave of her hand, a harrow card appears - the Juggler. "I'm a specialist of sorts and sometimes I need help with the details," she says with a smile.

Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Human Female Oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | HP: 14/21 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +2 W: +2* | Init: +2 | Perception: +3

Bluff: Assist: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Seraphina sees a play on Farrina's bluff and steps out from behind the ranger for a moment to add "It's really not worth your time, sir. We do appreciate you taking the time to introduce yourself though, it's quite an honor."


Male Seascarred Ranger (Freebooter, Skirmisher) 3 | 31/31 HP, 2 nonlethal, 1 Str damage | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3 | Initiative +2 {+2 in or on water} | Perception +10

Tanjona also shakes hands while sizing up the nobleman. "Tanjona," he says without further explanation. Then he folds his arms and cocks his head as he listens to the thrust-parry-riposte of the conversation dancing between agendas and flirting.

Silver Crusade

HP:27/31; AC:18 FF:14 T:14; F:+5 R:+4 W+2 (+2/3 based on alignment); Init +3; SM +7, DD +10, Di/In +9, Knw L +7; Challenge 1/1 (+3 damage, +Others), Tactician 0/1, Active:
DM Brainiac wrote:
"Good evening, Adolina," the soft-spoken baron says to the cavalier. "I heard you got into a bit of a scuffle outside the opera house earlier. And you seem to have made some new... friends?" He quirks an eyebrow as he regards the rest of you.

"Canton." Adolina says with a smile, stepping into a hug with her older brother. The age difference between the two is stark, twenty years at least but their mutual affection is clear.

"Let me get my new friends settled in the guest house and then I'll catch you up." She promises, "Some of the '07 Trelevan perhaps?"

Ignoring Farrina's rather transparent attempt to not explain the situation Adolina leads her new group through the house, out of a discrete side door and across a well tended lawn to another, separate building. Once unlocked this building turns out to be a two-story house all of its own, with a pleasant living room overlooking the garden, a kitchen and study and four bedrooms.

"This is my room, and despite what Miss Farrina may imply I don't expect to find any of you in there." Adolina says, pointing to the door at the end of the hall, a hint of warning in her tone. "Facilities are here, the other rooms are available so choose one that suits you. The maids come down from the main house every couple of days, but I should have enough linens and so forth for tonight at least. Make yourselves at home, there are some books in the study if you want. I'll be back in half an hour or so, once I've spoken to my brother." With a short half-bow the cavalier departs, leaving her guests to settle in.

-----------------------------------
"It got nasty." Adolina explains bluntly to her brother. "Not my fault actually, the protest was going well and then that Thrune scum had to go and make a new proclamation. I think he actually wanted a riot. He was certainly ready for it, his partisans hidden in the crowd... and his captain. Nox - she healed from a dagger in the throat. Took perhaps a minute?" She passes this information on, well aware of her brother's masterful ability to piece together vital information from trivial scraps.

She pauses to give Canton a few moments to digest the information as she considers what to say next. In the end the choice is simple, family tell each other the truth, especially in a family of whispers like theirs. "I, we, found Rexus Victocora being assaulted as we fled. He's fine but he has a lead which he wants to follow, an old Silver Raven safe-house. I'm going to help him." She sits back and sips her brandy, the vintage she'd suggested earlier. "Suffice to say that, as a patriot, I feel that its important to do my best to support our fair city." Two sets of brown eyes meet in the firelight and understanding passes between them as they chink glasses.

"To the Silver City."

Feel free to grab Adolina once she comes back after her glass of brandy.


It’s clear from Canton’s expression he doesn’t buy the attempts to bluff him, but he lets it pass without comment until Adolina fills him in on the truth.

”Nox healed, did she? I had a feeling that one was not entirely human. A devil in disguise, likely, and I mean that literally, not metaphorically.”

His expression softens when told about Rexus. ”Poor boy. His family’s estate still hasn’t fully stopped smoldering. Well, I for one will not interfere in your efforts to fulfill your patriotic duty. And if Thrune’s men come sniffing around, I will do what I can to throw them off your scent. Watch your back, Adolina, and watch those you have chosen to ally yourself with, until they have proven themselves.”

He raises his glass. ”To family.”


Male Seascarred Ranger (Freebooter, Skirmisher) 3 | 31/31 HP, 2 nonlethal, 1 Str damage | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3 | Initiative +2 {+2 in or on water} | Perception +10

Tanjona doesn't need to be told twice - he finds a room and drops his sailor's rucksack at the foot of the bed, then spends the next ten minutes carefully cleaning the blood and flesh from the tines of his trident. Finally satisfied with the work, he gets up and goes outside to wander the grounds. His eyesight is keen, even as the dark comes on, and he wanders a bit before arriving in the study, where he lights a lamp and then looks at the spines of the books with idle curiosity.

"I feel a bit like I should be eating some fruit with Pangloss," he mumbles.

51 to 100 of 649 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's Hell's Rebels Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.