DM Brainiac's Hell's Rebels

Game Master Brainiac

Map of Kintargo
Map of the Wasp Nest
Loot Spreadsheet

Current Date: 26 Gozran, 4715 AR


1 to 50 of 581 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Dot in!


Human Deceptionist 2 | HP 6/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +1 Ref +3 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |
Spells:
detect magic - light - prestidigitation - ray of frost - color spray - silent image - <empty>

Dotted in and ready. :)


Hell's Rebels
Chapter 1: In Hell's Bright Shadow

1 Gozran, 4715 AR

Kintargo stands apart from Cheliax as a city of sedition and silver, separated from its nation by the rugged Menador Mountains as surely as by a wide gulf of culture. The city has long been known as a haven for artists, particularly composers, directors, and musicians eager to expand on Cheliax’s operatic traditions.

The city is a favorite of many noble families as a place to spend time away from the entanglements of governmental duties, and Kintargo’s citizens and leaders became experts at riding the thin line between being loyal Chelish citizens and independent-minded libertarians. During these years under Thrune law, Kintargo has maintained closer ties to the culture, people, and wealth of Varisian cities such as Korvosa and Magnimar than to Chelish cities such as Corentyn or Egorian. Most Kintargans choke to call themselves subjects of anything but their many-splendored city. They spend the warm, humid summers quietly tolerating being ruled by whatever distant capital insists they owe fealty, then spend the long, cold, rainy winters openly fantasizing about rebellion. Yet until today, the need for outright rebellion has never seemed worth the cost in blood.

It is a period of civil war. A group of Iomedaen radicals calling themselves the Glorious Reclamation moves against the House of Thrune to try to liberate Cheliax from its diabolical overlords. Until recently, Kintargo was ruled by Lord-Mayor Jilia Bainilus, an outspoken voice against House Thrune who was a master of walking the edge between Chelish loyalty and blatant rebellion. Her reputed flight from Kintargo at the onset of the troubles facing Cheliax a few weeks ago is fraught with mystery. Few believe the official story that she abandoned Kintargo for Arcadia, but fewer still are brave enough to give public voice to rumors that the lord mayor has been killed or imprisoned somewhere in the city.

Whatever the case, a new lord-mayor has taken charge of Kintargo--Paracount Barizallai Thrune. The city’s new leader was appointed by Her Infernal Majestrix, Queen Abrogail II, and in a scant seven days, Paracount Thrune has instituted martial law, a curfew, and seven outlandish and polarizing proclamations.

Even with the cobblestones of Argent Avenue and the foliage of Aria Park still wet from the morning’s light rain, dozens of dissatisfied Kintargans have gathered along the facade of the opera house to protest Thrune. There’s been no sign yet of Barzillai Thrune himself, and the opera house’s doors remain tightly closed—as they have since the man chose the landmark as his new home—but judging by the growing sound of the protesters, he surely can’t ignore the scene on the streets below much longer.

A dozen dottari guards stand before the opera house's doors, along with a tall, scowling woman who wields a glaive. These guards appear nervous and edgy, but the protest has been relatively peaceful so far...


Female Human Oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +2 W: +2* | Init: +2 | Perception: +3

Seraphina leaves the bakery, closing the door behind her. It's been six months now that she's been renting a small room there. Room being a generous term, it was a glorified large closet really, barely large enough for a cot. Thinking back to her silk pillows that would swallow her whole are enough to bring the woman to tears.

After living in the lap of luxury for years on end, barely scraping up enough coppers to get by sure humbled you quickly. Dressed in a brown and red poncho and cowl, with a brown skirt and black gloves, she keeps her beautiful hair and face mostly hidden as she walks quietly through the streets of Kintargo. Externally quiet at least, inside of her head is another story altogether.

Having taken Sunday off from healing, the people are quite chatty this morning. Continually being reprimanded for selfishly taking a day for herself yesterday, she was paying the price today. It was a struggle that still brought her to tears occasionally, the fact that she could never be alone.

Passing by the opera house, she takes a seat on a nearby bench to try and clear her head. Sitting down, she closes her eyes and tries to focus on her breathing. Once most of the voices have left, she opens her eyes to stare past the guards at the opera doors. The desire to perform has never left her, her body still yearns to be in the lights up on the stage, shining.

Such selfishness is what got you here, Seraphina. You will never learn. the voice of a small child tells her.

I told you that she was not a viable vessel to begin with. Why you chose her is beyond me. an old raspy man's voice chides.

Seraphina is doing the work now, give her time. She is young yet, she will learn the ways.

The oracle closes her eyes again, rubbing her sweaty palms on her skit as she tries to forget performing and takes long deep breaths.

Silver Crusade

HP:21/22; AC:17 FF:14 T:13; F:+5 R:+3 W+1 (+2/3 based on alignment); Init +3; SM +6, DD +9, Di/In +8, Knw L +6; Challenge 0/1 (+2 damage, +Others), Tactician 1/1, Active:

Adolina has been at Aria Park since sunrise, as one of the primary movers behind the protest it behooved her to be there early. Wrapped in a dark cloak to hide her fine quality clothes and sword she moves from group to group offering cheerful words and encouragement. Most of the protesters are the poorer strata of society who have nothing better to do, but there are a smattering of more prosperous artisans and other shopkeepers come out in the dawn light to make their dissatisfaction known.

Nothing will hide Adolina's red hair but thankfully there are enough red-heads in the city that, as long as she doesn't show off too much obvious wealth, she should remains reasonably anoynmous.

Seeing a young woman huddled on a nearby bench she steps over. "Are you well Miss? It's early to be out, especially without a proper cloak."


Female Human Oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +2 W: +2* | Init: +2 | Perception: +3

The woman doesn't respond at first, her eyes fluttering behind her lids as she fidgets with her hands in her lap. She seems to sense someone is near her and she opens her eyes suddenly, looking over at her bench companion.

"Hmmm? What? I'm-I'm sorry, did you say something?" she stammers, sitting up straighter. When she repeats herself, she nods "Oh yes, I'm quite fine. Thank you. I was just uhm, uhm, out for a walk and sat down to enjoy the pleasant morning."


Human Deceptionist 2 | HP 6/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +1 Ref +3 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |
Spells:
detect magic - light - prestidigitation - ray of frost - color spray - silent image - <empty>

Never one to be quiet if it at all can be helped, Farrina moves through the crowd, encouraging the protesters to shout various chants at random.

"THE THEATER IS FOR ART!"

"IF YOU'RE NOT SINGING GET OFF THE STAGE!"

"DIVAS ALONE IN THE HOUSE!"

... and her personal favorite ...

"NO PLAIN CLOTHES! COLOR IS LIFE!"

For the day's outing, she's donned a lime-green dress and has orange scarves wrapped around her wrists and neck. Her tresses are a wavy auburn pulled back into two long ponytails.

Farrina is here to keep up on current events.

EDITED


Male Seascarred Ranger (Freebooter, Skirmisher) 2 | 6/22 HP | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +2 | Initiative +2 | Perception +9

Tanjona is meandering the streets in poofy, striped, colored pants and a vest, with a hooded poncho to keep off rain, wondering where his next job is going to come from. His sailor's rucksack, holding all his worldly possessions, is slung over one broad shoulder and held by one taut, muscular arm.

The new proclamations have clamped much of the business in Kintargo. Bereft of a ship to sail upon or any dock work, he's down to his last few silver coins.

He finds himself turned around and in an unfamiliar district, outside of an opera house - a place he'd normally never go. His stomach growls and he takes in the large mass of protesters.

"Blimey. This'll get bloody fast if Thrune is bent on suppressing dissent in a big public show."


More and more protesters begin to gather. Some of the protesters call for their new lord-mayor to lift his unreasonable restrictions, while others call for an end to foreign rule and demand a proper election to determine Lord-Mayor Bainilus’s successor. Many seem content merely to yell and agitate, but a growing minority show their unabashed support of Barzillai Thrune by arguing back at the protesters.

The crowd gathering in the market square consists of Kintargo partisans (who despise Cheliax’s tightening grip on their city and demand local rule); economic conservatives (who feel the squeeze as Thrune enacts new taxes and business policies); advocates of democracy (whose bitterest complaint is Thrune’s appointment instead of legal election); anarchists (who hope the protest turns into a good riot); and Chelish loyalists (who support Thrune’s actions to curb the city’s dissentious streak).

Actions During the Protest:
Each if you will have the chance to take several actions during the protest. Once everybody has taken one action, then you can take another one and so on until the protest concludes. You may choose from the following actions:

Listen for Rumors: Anyone wandering the crowd can listen for rumors and learn more about what’s going on in Kintargo’s new political landscape. The character must succeed at a DC 15 Diplomacy check to gather information or a DC 15 Perception check to overhear something of note.

Pilfer: Criminal-minded characters can use the large gathering to line their pockets, lifting purses or goods from the street vendors by succeeding at DC 20 Sleight of Hand checks. A successful check earns a character 1d6 gp in coins and other small objects.

Rabble Rouse: Persuasive characters may want to better organize the protest by attempting a Diplomacy or Perform check. A result of at least 12 with either skill grants that PC some recognition, along with a +1 circumstance bonus on any Charisma-based checks for the next 24 hours. The benefits of multiple successful checks stack, up to a maximum bonus of +3.

Search for a Contact: Depending on the options selected from the Hell’s Rebels Player’s Guide, some PCs might have come to the protest in search of a mysterious contact said to be wearing a black leather glove on his right hand and no glove at all on the left. A PC can attempt a Perception check to try to locate him.

Silence Undesirable Elements: With five distinct factions among the protesters, the message delivered is a jumbled mess. Characters can try to silence or outshout elements of the crowd they disagree with. To silence a group, a PC must succeed at a DC 15 Bluff or Intimidate check—with a successful roll, that group’s message is silenced or oppressed for the duration of the protest. Only one group can be silenced at a time, and no more than four of the five groups can be silenced.

Watch the Crowd: The PCs can simply choose to watch the crowd for anything unusual. A PC who does so can attempt a Perception or Sense Motive check.


Male Seascarred Ranger (Freebooter, Skirmisher) 2 | 6/22 HP | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +2 | Initiative +2 | Perception +9

Lacking any real social skills, Tanjona simply watches the swirling crowd.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Female Human Oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +2 W: +2* | Init: +2 | Perception: +3

Growing worried at the undue attention, Seraphina excuses herself. "Thank you for your concern, miss. Everything is fine." she says with a smile, which is mostly hidden from view.

Rising to her feet, she begins to circulate the crowd and listen for rumors

Diplomacy DC15: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Silver Crusade

HP:21/22; AC:17 FF:14 T:13; F:+5 R:+3 W+1 (+2/3 based on alignment); Init +3; SM +6, DD +9, Di/In +8, Knw L +6; Challenge 0/1 (+2 damage, +Others), Tactician 1/1, Active:

Adolina is here to protest the government.

As the meek woman excuses herself Adolina heads straight towards the anarchists, easily recognising their intention and determined to avoid the violence they seem to enjoy so much.

"Get out of here, right now!" She growls, grasping the leader by his coat. "The dottari still do their jobs in this city and you are not going to help anyone by stirring them up!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 = 26


Watching the crowd, Tanjona notes that the general mood is agitated and discontented, but not overtly violent. The ranger does notice a young man moving from person to person, his hand darting into their pockets and coming back with coppers and silvers!

Rumor: 1d10 ⇒ 3

Sabina overhears some people talking. “I hear the dottari guard towers are so full of prisoners now they’re keeping those they arrest in warehouses. My cousin even said they’re putting prisoners to work in places like Sallix Salt Works."

Adolina's threatening display shakes up the a leader of the anarchists. He whimpers and nods fervently, and once she releases him, he scurries off, taking his cronies with him.

Tanjona may decide what, if anything, he'd like to do about the pickpocket. Then everybody may take a second action. Farrina may take two actions when she has a chance to catch up.


Human Deceptionist 2 | HP 6/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +1 Ref +3 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |
Spells:
detect magic - light - prestidigitation - ray of frost - color spray - silent image - <empty>

Farrina listens for a bit as she moves through the crowd. Picking an appropriate moment she indicates one of the nearby common folk.

Listen for Rumors - Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

"See! This is what the forth proclamation has brought us too!" she shouts, pointing at the unfortunate fellow. "I mean really! Brown on gray?! What's next, people?! Brown on brown?! Gray on brown?! Or even, gods forbid, gray on gray?!"

"NO MORE BORING CLOTHES!" she begins to chant, encouraging others to take up the cry.

Rabble Rouse - Perform (comedy): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Male Seascarred Ranger (Freebooter, Skirmisher) 2 | 6/22 HP | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +2 | Initiative +2 | Perception +9

With a tuneless whistle, Tanjona sidles up behind the pickpocket, and then whatever he was going to do, he fails at.

Roll: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Silver Crusade

HP:21/22; AC:17 FF:14 T:13; F:+5 R:+3 W+1 (+2/3 based on alignment); Init +3; SM +6, DD +9, Di/In +8, Knw L +6; Challenge 0/1 (+2 damage, +Others), Tactician 1/1, Active:

Pleased with how things have gone so far Adolina moves on to confront the idiots Thrune loyalists who are performing their own counter-demonstration. She considers reasoning with them, but disregards that in favor of more straightforward methods.

"There are a lot more of us than there are of you." She says firmly. "We can shout louder and we're the ones setting the message. If you hang around you're guilty by association, and I can't promise what will happen if stones start flying."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 19


Female Human Oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +2 W: +2* | Init: +2 | Perception: +3

Working the crowd, Seraphina continues to glean useful tidbits of information being whispered and discussed by the crowd.

Listen for rumors DC15: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Rumors: 1d10 ⇒ 91d10 ⇒ 4

Farrina overhears a rumor: “Someone’s killing tieflings down in the Devil’s Nursery. I’ve heard that whoever’s doing it is taking trophies, but I’m not sure what kind. Sounds like the Slasher’s back... Just what we need!”

Her performance is met with laughter and applause as other protestors join in her chant.

The pickpocket doesn’t even seem to notice Tanjona. He continues to pilfer coins from unsuspecting members of the crowd.

Adolina is successful at intimidating the Thrune loyalists, threatening them into submission.

Sabina heard a rumor as well: “Been hearing strange noises around the old livery again. I hope Barzillai gets the government together enough to tear that old eyesore down.”

Everybody may take a third action!


Female Human Oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +2 W: +2* | Init: +2 | Perception: +3

Satisfied that she's picking up little tidbits here and there, Seraphina continues to work the crowd and listen in on their conversations.

Listen for Rumors DC15: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Silver Crusade

HP:21/22; AC:17 FF:14 T:13; F:+5 R:+3 W+1 (+2/3 based on alignment); Init +3; SM +6, DD +9, Di/In +8, Knw L +6; Challenge 0/1 (+2 damage, +Others), Tactician 1/1, Active:

With the unnecessary elements removed Adolina sets to work sorting the crowd out properly.

Rabble Rouse: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Human Deceptionist 2 | HP 6/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +1 Ref +3 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |
Spells:
detect magic - light - prestidigitation - ray of frost - color spray - silent image - <empty>

"Now listen here, Red," Farrina calls out to the woman that's also firing up the crowd. "You're muscling in on my stage. I'd like to settle it peacefully. So how about Jeering Crowds at twenty paces, eh? We could face off personally if you'd rather. Back to back, take ten steps then fire back with your best insult? Nah, nevermind, you'd never stand a chance. How about you just work that side of the crowd and I'll work this side and we declare a truce?"

She turns back to the people she's been working over. "NO BLOWHARDS ON STAGE!" she shouts out and encourages the crowd to repeat. Some of the people look at each other in confusion before echoing back her shout. Although their hearts don't seem to be in it.

Rabble Rouse - Perform (comedy): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 = 13

"Come on, people, you're making me look bad," she says with a side-eye in Adolina's direction.

Silver Crusade

HP:21/22; AC:17 FF:14 T:13; F:+5 R:+3 W+1 (+2/3 based on alignment); Init +3; SM +6, DD +9, Di/In +8, Knw L +6; Challenge 0/1 (+2 damage, +Others), Tactician 1/1, Active:

Adolina looks over at the entertainer long enough to sweep a theatrical bow of her own and takes a moment to size up her audience. 'Outspoken democrats. Perfect.'

"What happened to the Lord Mayor?" She asks, moving through the crowd. "Does anyone really believe she ran off to Arcadia? Where is Bainilus?"

The crowd takes up the slogan and it is soon being roared at the opera house.

"Where is Bainilus? Where is Bainilus?"

She absolutely does not send a gloating look at Farrina.


Rumor: 1d10 ⇒ 2

Serphania hears yet another rumor: “Looks like Thrune’s bringing public excruciations to Kintargo. I can’t imagine that’ll increase his popularity around these parts, even if the criminals he punishes deserve it. This ‘doghousing’ thing sounds particularly frightening!”

Tanjona Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Keeping an eye out, Tanjona occasionally sees glimpses of a figure watching the proceedings from behind a mostly curtained window on the opera house’s third floor. He also notices there seems to be some sort of unusual subcurrent in the crowd’s movement, as if there were an organizing force among the people.

Both Farrina and Adolina work to get the crowd behind them, though the cavalier has a larger faction of followers taking up her chant.

It's been about three hours since the protest began, and the crowd's tenor is becomingly increasingly hostile. At 3 minutes after the third hour, the bells of the Cathedral of Asmodeus ring out three peals (for no apparent reason, as is the norm for these bells). A moment later, Barzillai Thrune at last throws wide the windows and their curtains to address the crowd below.

Thrune is an imposing man dressed in red, orange, and black clothing and an ornate breastplate, all emblazoned with the pentagram of Asmodeus and the cross of Cheliax. Middle-aged, with short, dark hair and a diabolical mace cradled in his hands, the lord-mayor of Kintargo addresses the crowd with a condescending sneer. The gathering swiftly grows quiet as he clears his throat and begins to speak.

“Ah, my adoring little chickadees. I am sorry to say I have not yet adapted to your quaint, country ways, being accustomed as I am to the sophistication and learning of Egorian. Nonetheless, know I have heard your concerns, and that I appreciate your valued feedback, and I know we shall eventually find a mutual understanding in the fullness of time. I take pride in updating Kintargo’s quaint, outdated laws to the modern standards the city deserves, and strengthening its ties with the empire in these cruel times, but obviously I have approached my duties too aggressively.

“You say you chafe at the presence of nonnatives in positions of power? That authorities not of this city have no place as its leaders? That you will not be yoked by intruders? Your lord-mayor hears you. And so it is with a heavy heart that I issue this proclamation, in response to your demands: all ships’ captains are hereafter barred from leaving their vessels and setting foot on Kintargo docks or streets, under pain of... let’s say... squassation!”

Knowledge (local) DC 15:
Squassation is a form of torture in which the victim’s hands are tied together and raised above the head; the victim is then hung from the hands while a weight is suspended from the feet, causing intense pain to the arms and legs.


Human Deceptionist 2 | HP 6/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +1 Ref +3 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |
Spells:
detect magic - light - prestidigitation - ray of frost - color spray - silent image - <empty>

Take 10 on Knowledge (local) for 17

"So it's down to torture now, is it?" Farrina mutters to herself. She wanders over to where her fellow rabble-rouser is listening.

"It seems to me that this guy is doing his best to rile these people up even more than we are," she says to the red-head in a quiet tone. "What do you think the next step for him is? Armed response? Yeah, I thought so too. I get the feeling that it's about time for a swift exit,"


Female Human Oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +2 W: +2* | Init: +2 | Perception: +3

Seraphina's stomach turns at the proclamation made by the tyant. She wants to rip her mask off and wave her fist up at him and help these poor people stand up for themselves, but she's too afraid to do so. Instead, she watches the crowd to see how they will respond to such poor tactics.


Barzillai’s proclamation enrages the crowd, who scream and curse at him. As their cries reach a fever pitch, Asomeone in the crowd throws a handful of manure at Barzillai! Though the putrid projectile misses Barzillai’s noble personage, the lord-mayor nonetheless flinches and spills wine across his ornate clothing. With his wardrobe and dignity endangered, the lord-mayor’s demeanor shifts from amused to bellicose. He shrieks, “Enough of this! Nox, run them off, arrest them, or kill them. I don’t care which!” before retreating into the opera house and slamming the windows.

Down below, the glaive-wielding woman immediately mobilizes the dottari, who draw their weapons. At the same time, men and women throughout the crowd pull back their cloaks, revealing matching armbands, truncheons, and the sadistic grins of Chelish Citizens’ Group members—a new local militia—eager to mete out some “justice.” Four of them are near you, and they begin making a beeline for Adolina and Farrina!

Initiative:
Adolina: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Farrina: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Sabina: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Tanjona: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Enemies: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Adolina and Sabina may act! The enemies are about 15 feet away in different directions. The crowd makes the entire plaza difficult terrain, but since Adolina rolled high on her rabble rouser check, the crowd instinctively parts for her and does not impede her movement.


Female Human Oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +2 W: +2* | Init: +2 | Perception: +3

Not seeing any sign of injured people yet, she decides to help those that are here to fight back against the tyranny. She yells "Fight back!" while still trying to hide behind her mask. She closes her eyes and squeezes her fist as a soft, warm light pulses out from her body.

Cast Bless. Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.


Male Seascarred Ranger (Freebooter, Skirmisher) 2 | 6/22 HP | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +2 | Initiative +2 | Perception +9

Tanjona's idle drifting ceases as the militia and gendarmes become active. He tosses his sailor's duffel onto the ground and fetches up his shield and trident, expecting a riot.

That should be my turn, once it comes up - need to ready both weapon and shield.

Silver Crusade

HP:21/22; AC:17 FF:14 T:13; F:+5 R:+3 W+1 (+2/3 based on alignment); Init +3; SM +6, DD +9, Di/In +8, Knw L +6; Challenge 0/1 (+2 damage, +Others), Tactician 1/1, Active:

Adolina moves to confront the nearest thug, pulling her rapier smoothly from under her cloak, which she wraps around her other arm as a shield. "You are a disgrace to our city!" She proclaims, thrusting for the mans shoulder in a disabling blow.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5


The militia member dodges Adolina’s attack, but fails to parry. Another man moves to attack her but misses as well. The other two Citizens push through the crowd and reach Farrina. One bashes her over the head with his mace! ”Submit!” he shouts.

Light Mace, Nonlethal: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 51d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 41d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 111d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Someone in the audience throws a dagger and scores a lucky hit on Nox, the knife sticking into her throat. With a snarl, she yanks out the dagger and the wound swiftly heals—she ducks into the opera house a moment later.

Tanjona readies his weapon and shield.

4 nonlethal damage to Farrina. Everybody but Tanjona is up!

Silver Crusade

HP:21/22; AC:17 FF:14 T:13; F:+5 R:+3 W+1 (+2/3 based on alignment); Init +3; SM +6, DD +9, Di/In +8, Knw L +6; Challenge 0/1 (+2 damage, +Others), Tactician 1/1, Active:

Adolina decides to save her breath and focuses on the fighting rather than taunts.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 1 = 22 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Female Human Oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +2 W: +2* | Init: +2 | Perception: +3

Well this is going about as expected!

Seeing the brutal blow to Farrina's head, Seraphina quickly moves to put herself between Farrina and the attacker, shouting "Hey!" and then abruptly runs out of something smart to say and just stands their like a fool. She slips out a morningstar from under her clothing into her hand and pretends she knows how to use it.


Human Deceptionist 2 | HP 6/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +1 Ref +3 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |
Spells:
detect magic - light - prestidigitation - ray of frost - color spray - silent image - <empty>

Farrina staggers back as her ears ring from the mace blow. "Now doesn't that just get the bells ringing," she gasps out. She attempts shake her head clear, but realizes that was a mistake by the pain it creates.

"Okay, then lets dance," she says through gritted teeth. She rolls her hands through complicated gestures and splays her fingers out towards the aggressors. A swirling stream of colors spills forth in a cone.

5' step back.

color spray - DC 14 Will save to avoid the effects.


Will: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 181d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

One of the thugs succumbs to the color spray, but the other avoids being overwhelmed. He swings on Farrina again, but she dodges away. The man Adolina nicked yelps in pain as he and his crony stop pulling their punches. The cavalier manages to parry both of their attacks.

Light Mace: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 161d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

Everybody is up.


Male Seascarred Ranger (Freebooter, Skirmisher) 2 | 6/22 HP | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +2 | Initiative +2 | Perception +9

Tanjona wastes no time screwing around. "You want to fight? You got one," he says in his accented Common as he moves to engage one of the militia, with his trident slung under his arm.

Trident attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Trident damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Human Deceptionist 2 | HP 6/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +1 Ref +3 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |
Spells:
detect magic - light - prestidigitation - ray of frost - color spray - silent image - <empty>

Farrina again takes a step back to focus on the ring on her hand. More arcane words follow and she gestures towards her remaining foe.

sleep cast using her arcane bond. DC 14 Will save to resist

Silver Crusade

HP:21/22; AC:17 FF:14 T:13; F:+5 R:+3 W+1 (+2/3 based on alignment); Init +3; SM +6, DD +9, Di/In +8, Knw L +6; Challenge 0/1 (+2 damage, +Others), Tactician 1/1, Active:

Fighting for her life Adolina blocks out the world around her and concentrates only on the men and weapons menacing her.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Female Human Oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +2 W: +2* | Init: +2 | Perception: +3

Tanjona - Don't forget you have bless up.

Seraphina is completely useless with weapons, but it doesn't stop her from trying to wave it menacingly

Attack Mace to the face: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5


Tanjona comes to Farrina's aid, driving the tines of his trident into her assailant's back. He screams and falls to the ground. The wizard begins to intone a lengthy spell.

Adolina and Seraphina attack the two remaining foes, but neither one scores a hit. The militia thugs both batter Adolina with their maces, leaving her badly wounded.

Light Maces: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 171d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

"You there! Surrender!" a pair of dottari shout as they push their way through the crowd, coming to assist the members of the Chelish Citizens' Group. Clad in chain shirts and wielding heavy maces and shields, it's clear these constables mean business.

Will: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 161d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 161d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Farrina completes her spell, and somehow most of the enemies resist it. One of the dottari slumps to the ground, though, his snores lost among the cries of the rioting crowd.

8 damage to Adolina. Everybody may act!


Male Seascarred Ranger (Freebooter, Skirmisher) 2 | 6/22 HP | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +2 | Initiative +2 | Perception +9

Am I adjacent to or within 10’ of an enemy?

Silver Crusade

HP:21/22; AC:17 FF:14 T:13; F:+5 R:+3 W+1 (+2/3 based on alignment); Init +3; SM +6, DD +9, Di/In +8, Knw L +6; Challenge 0/1 (+2 damage, +Others), Tactician 1/1, Active:

Holding off two thugs by herself is proving difficult for Adolina, but her pride won't let her back down. Or achieve anything...

Rapier: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Tanjona, you can move 10 feet to attack one of the other enemies.


Male Seascarred Ranger (Freebooter, Skirmisher) 2 | 6/22 HP | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +2 | Initiative +2 | Perception +9

No, I'm asking if there's anyone I can get to with a 5' step. My Freebooter's Bane ability requires use of my move action.


Ah. The other baddies aren't close enough to you, and the crowd counts as difficult terrain so you couldn't 5-foot-step anyway.


Male Seascarred Ranger (Freebooter, Skirmisher) 2 | 6/22 HP | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +2 | Initiative +2 | Perception +9

Ok.

Tanjona grunts as he pulls the trident from the civic militiaman and moves to engage one of the other idiots nearby.

Trident attack, blessed: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 = 23
Trident damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Human Deceptionist 2 | HP 6/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +1 Ref +3 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |
Spells:
detect magic - light - prestidigitation - ray of frost - color spray - silent image - <empty>

Farrina takes a step back again from the armed men and does her best to avoid their blows. "Now, Gentleman, I'm sure this is all just a big misunderstanding. My jokes aren't that bad, are they?"

Yes. Yes, they are.

"You keep your trap shut!"

She's got nothing else - Total Defense for +4 AC.


Female Human Oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +2 W: +2* | Init: +2 | Perception: +3

What are you doing up here, girl? Wielding that thing like you know what you are doing? a voice chided her.

She's trying to get herself killed because you drive her to the brink of insanity, Reginald! another responded.

Closing her eyes, she focuses away the voices and watches her bench companion get beaten with the mace. She had seem the woman attack and though she had yet to strike anything, she could tell that she was trained or possessed more talent than the oracle did. It made sense to back up and assist her in a way she felt more comfortable rather than try to prove herself on the battle lines.

"Let me help you." she says under her breath, taking a step behind Adolina and reaching out from within so that she could link the cavalier's essence to her own. As she does so, she clenches her fists and braces for impact as that bloody mace wound is abound to be transferred to herself.

Link link to Adolina.


Adolina misses again, but Tanjona comes to her aid, stabbing her assailant. He cries out in pain before withdrawing, limping off into the crowd. His ally turns to attack the islander, bashing him with his mace.

Light Mace: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Crit?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The dottari stoops down to wake up his sleeping comrade so he won’t get trampled to death by the mob, granting you a brief reprieve before they join the fight.

4 damage to Tanjona. Everybody may act.


Male Seascarred Ranger (Freebooter, Skirmisher) 2 | 6/22 HP | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +2 | Initiative +2 | Perception +9

"Ay, you want some too?" says the islander as he turns to the new challenger.

Move action for Freebooter's Bane: The freebooter and her allies gain a +1 bonus on weapon attack and damage rolls against the target.

Trident attack, blessed, freebooter's bane: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 11

I presume that misses.


Human Deceptionist 2 | HP 6/10 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +1 Ref +3 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |
Spells:
detect magic - light - prestidigitation - ray of frost - color spray - silent image - <empty>

"Any time now would be a good time for an exit," Farrina calls out to those determined to engage in violence.

1 to 50 of 581 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's Hell's Rebels Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.