GMEuan's War for the Crown

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Tracking Sheet
Taldor Map - Oppara Map - Meratt County


6,701 to 6,750 of 7,599 << first < prev | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Herder/16
Qarit wrote:
"Did you do the ritual well? Maybe you made an error. One that changed the way the magic worked. Here again, sorry, I don’t know, just guessing. Or maybe some higher power intervened in matters. I think you’ll find that happens a lot.”

"I don't think we figured out where it went wrong. It went fast, but that could mean we should have taken our time, or it was pretty effortless for Kort, who was the only one performing the ritual. He's pretty smart about those things, but he's also really old."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 13 + 2 = 22

Muri mounts up when Elen speaks of return, happy to harness Underfoot's speed in keeping up with the others.


Roll20 Map - Tracking Sheet

Major Kort:
It’s not unreasonable. You’re really not sure what happened - or how.

As you may recall, you rolled rather well, with large bonuses, and so performed the ritual extremely well. Didn’t even need the priceless incense. And no, skipping the incense was due to how well you did it. It would not have caused trouble like this.
- - -

Muri Daybreaker wrote:
"I don't think we figured out where it went wrong. It went fast, but that could mean we should have taken our time, or it was pretty effortless for Kort, who was the only one performing the ritual. He's pretty smart about those things, but he's also really old."

Qarit laughs, ”And I am older still. Sometimes, with age comes knowledge and skill, even if the hands shake a little.” He seems genuinely interested in further communication with Muri. He even goes so far as to give you his address for postal correspondence - if you can get a letter into the Axis mail queue, it’ll be delivered to him.

Mallë-o i Otos Elen wrote:
She turns to the Shinigami. ”Thank you for your time and the hair, Qarit,”

Qarit stands and bows slightly out of respect both to your station, and your task. He then smiles and waves as you depart. He wishes you luck with Taldaris.

The party goes to visit lieutenant Fanalyx.

You arrive at the bustling police station and request her time, and as investigators you get it pretty quickly. She pulls a file and skims it as you enter, to refresh her memory of the case. ”So, what have you found?” she asks eagerly.

You catalogue the evidence you’ve found so far, and Fanalyx finds it to be persuasive - but then she was already leaning your way. ”I can definitely get some higher divinations authorized for this. Well done! Hopefully we can pick up on Taldaris’s trail, and obtain some additional resources for your work. It certainly looks as if an inevitable has disappeared, and likely against his will. Grave tidings indeed.”

She suggests you take a couple days while the divinations play out. ”I’ll be in touch as soon as we know something. Until then, is there anything else?”


M Half Elf
Stats:
Arc25,Dun25,Eng14,Geog12,Hist23,Loc/Nat/Pla/Rel25,Nob18, Perc 23, Sense 29, Spell25,Stlh22,DisDev27,UMD28
GMEuan wrote:
”So, what have you found?” she asks eagerly.

Kort does, indeed, catalogue the events so far, including a lot of emphasis on the intellect devourer, the Postmaster, and the dead dragon. That part seems particularly confusing to Kort, and that's where he wants the most answers.

He dislikes having to wait for answers, but he's so lost as to next steps he feels like he doesn't have much of a choice.

"Yes, please, and thank you for your help with this. The issue with the Postmaster is truly confusing."


Male Halfling Herder/16

"I think we finished the leads?" Muri fidgets with a strap, producing a brush, and proceeding to brush Underfoot's undercoat, where it's not covered by saddle. He's not happy about the wait either, mainly because it means they're going to remain on Axis longer than he'd like. For as long as they've been kept, who knows what political maneuvers have been made back in Taldor.

"Yes, thank you, Lieutenant. We will try and be patient."


The Night Swan would rather not put her trust in the mechanisms of bureaucracy, so she plans to stay busy while they wait. ”Are there any other former residents of Taldor that you know of here? I suspect that whatever or whoever is behind his disappearance has connections to Taldor as well. It would be too much of a coincidence that he would suddenly disappear right when we try to call upon him.”


Female Jininese Elf Lvl 15

”Maybe it is time to go visit the stars, right Kamari? Maybe take our resident astronomer Nabil.”


Roll20 Map - Tracking Sheet
Major K'Aldrian Kort 1ATD, Ret. wrote:
"Yes, please, and thank you for your help with this. The issue with the Postmaster is truly confusing."

”Yeah, that’s a concern. It’s been a long time since anyone mucked with our bureaucracy so deeply! Clearly Taldaris was not the only target. You’ve done well, and I’ll see to it my superiors note it.”

Muri Daybreaker wrote:
"Yes, thank you, Lieutenant. We will try and be patient."

She nods, smiles, and thanks you back.

The Night Swan wrote:
The Night Swan would rather not put her trust in the mechanisms of bureaucracy, so she plans to stay busy while they wait. ”Are there any other former residents of Taldor that you know of here? I suspect that whatever or whoever is behind his disappearance has connections to Taldor as well. It would be too much of a coincidence that he would suddenly disappear right when we try to call upon him.”

”I’m sure there are other residents of your Taldor on the plane, and maybe even in the district, but that’s a needle in a pile of needles as it's not something we really track. Still, I’ll put someone in charge of the effort and see if anything comes of it. No stone unturned.”

Note that time has been a little fungible and we haven’t talked in absolutes in part because this part of the AP is a little messy. However, Taldaris has been missing for some time. He didn’t disappear just before you called upon him. He’s been gone for some months without it being noticed (thanks in part due to the post office carrying on correspondence in his name).

Regarding leads, the doll lead is still not quite completed depending on whether you want to pursue it. Nabil did say he was going to visit the missing stars in question as Elen mentions, but you never really followed up on that idea. There’s more there if you want, or we can move on.


Female Half-Elf aka Katherine Weaver
Mallë-o i Otos Elen wrote:
”Maybe it is time to go visit the stars, right Kamari? Maybe take our resident astronomer Nabil.”

"Yes, to the stars sounds like a good next step," to the impatient Kamari.

"We should remain productive while the wheels of bureaucracy grind along," very slowly.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half Elf
Stats:
Arc25,Dun25,Eng14,Geog12,Hist23,Loc/Nat/Pla/Rel25,Nob18, Perc 23, Sense 29, Spell25,Stlh22,DisDev27,UMD28
GMEuan wrote:

Regarding leads, the doll lead is still not quite completed depending on whether you want to pursue it. Nabil did say he was going to visit the missing stars in question as Elen mentions, but you never really followed up on that idea. There’s more there if you want, or we can move on.

Meh. I’m underwhelmed by the connection between any of this and the overarching AP story. I’d like to get back to Taldor and punch a few more evil generals and stop the machinations of evil gentry.

Kort goes to find some food and enjoy the town for a night while he waits.


Roll20 Map - Tracking Sheet

To reach the stars, the party will need to plane shift to the astral. Luckily, you can assign the fee to the case you’re investigating, so you have nothing out of pocket. Good to be a part of the bureaucracy on occasion!

You don’t know exactly where you’re going really, so you let Nabil out. He explains there are charts at his home that will help pinpoint your desired location. He’s happy to share them if A) you go get them not him and 2) you let him out when you get there so he can look around. He’s ever so excited to go!

You move around the ruins that were his home and find the charts right where he said they'd be.

There’s a steady stream of folks traveling to the astral, and your group is one of many headed out today, but of course to different places. You provide the star charts to the caster, who holds them limply at first, as if they were filthy. Well, they are somewhat stained from heavy use, but they’re not that bad! She asks for a tuning fork, but after a little gentle persuasion, agrees to use the star charts as her focus.

You appear in the astral plane.

A silvery void that connects the Material and Inner Planes to the Outer Planes, the astral plane is the medium through which the souls of the departed travel to the afterlife. A traveler in the Astral Plane sees the plane as a vast empty void periodically dotted with tiny motes of physical reality calved off of the countless planes it overlaps. Powerful spellcasters utilize the Astral Plane for a tiny fraction of a second when they teleport, or they can use it to travel between planes with spells like astral projection or plane shift.

The astral is a strange place, with no real gravity and no floor. You float in the silvery ‘space’ that is the astral. Let something go, and it just hangs there. Shoot an arrow, and it flies, in theory, until it hits something. To go up, you merely will it, same with down, sideways, etc. Think of it like air walk, but you aren’t slowed going ‘up’ because there is no up.

You let Nabil out once you’re sure there are no hostiles in the immediate neighborhood. He is, in a word, ecstatic! He’s watched the ‘stars’ in the ‘heavens’ for most of his life. It’s his hobby and passion - and now here he is among them! I mean sure, where you are it’s all just void. But wow!

He immediately pours over the charts, trying to figure out how far away the spell landed you.


M Half Elf
Stats:
Arc25,Dun25,Eng14,Geog12,Hist23,Loc/Nat/Pla/Rel25,Nob18, Perc 23, Sense 29, Spell25,Stlh22,DisDev27,UMD28

I assume this is next day and Kort had a chance to have nice meal and rest? Maybe some wine and fine Quodron cooking?

And you're saying there is air in the Astral Plane? Do we need to worry about that? How fast can we fly/move?

Kort readies himself for Astral sailing, preparing his silver cord and on the lookout for githyanki.


Roll20 Map - Tracking Sheet

I was doing it the same day, but if people need the rest for their bad knees... Let me know.

You do not need to breathe I think on the astral. Either way, you don't need to worry about it. You move as fast as you normally would if you were on the prime for simplicity.

As you were plane shifted, there is no silver cord tying you to a body on the prime material plane much to the shagrin of the githyanki hovering nearby. Hehe.

You're all here on the plane, and can die here.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Herder/16

Underfoot spends several moments testing her maneuverability in the Astral Sea. At first, she thrusts her front legs outwards, expecting even a little resistance. Same the second, when she lowers haunches, and finds nothing to press against. She slips into the mental aspect of movement shortly thereafter.

When it's clear they're directionless until Nabil sorts his maps out, Muri and Underfoot traipse about, aware their sight lines are unobstructed, but limited. Muri debates firing an arrow to judge any variance to it trajectory, but decides against it, knowing he can't run it down once loosed.

"No rush, Nabil, but hurry up."


Roll20 Map - Tracking Sheet

Nabil hurries, though it's hard to tell. Mostly he's peering into the astral blankness looking for distant constellations and comparing them to his maps.

Of course, his maps are from the perspective of someone on Axis, so he has to spend a lot of time turning the maps around, holding them upside down, holding himself upside down, etc. to try and parse your current location.

After a while he thinks he's got it. He looks up from the maps, "We're about two miles off. That way." he points seeming at random, though he's sure it's the right way.

Any further preparation or do you proceed to the site of Taldaris's constellation?

Oh, as you get closer, please make perception checks.


M Half Elf
Stats:
Arc25,Dun25,Eng14,Geog12,Hist23,Loc/Nat/Pla/Rel25,Nob18, Perc 23, Sense 29, Spell25,Stlh22,DisDev27,UMD28

1d20 + 22 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 22 + 2 = 44 Perception

Kort follows after the party, his crossbow at the ready. He’s really not too sure what to expect out here and maybe doesn’t want to find out.

He has his usual magical protections in place.

Kort's usual protections: See Invisibility (140 min), extended Heroism on himself and Kamari (280 min), Magic Circle Against Evil 10' (280 min). Daybreak Arrows (140 min), Resist Fire 30.


Female Jininese Elf Lvl 15

Autoaid that perception.


Female Jininese Elf Lvl 15

Not that it should be needed.


Male Halfling Herder/16

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 Aid Another? pusha pusha Prof to 50? The Halfling is Helpful, as usual, as long as Perception is boostable in the moment :)

As Betony travels towards a vague destination set by a living doll, Muri fidgets with the faceted ring on his finger, gazing into the sea of nothingness. Underfoot finds her stride, her gait assuming something of normalcy while they float along.


Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

The Night Swan is curious about this new experience with the Astral, to the point she is perhaps more focused on tracking the sensationa of it than actively observing threats.


Roll20 Map - Tracking Sheet

As you close in on the star system, Major Kort, with helpful assistance, finds a greater glyph of warding! A powerful magical trap just sitting there to target the unwary. It seems strange that it’s so close to the route you’re taking for of course there are no paths.

You move aside a little to avoid it and press on - only to find another one! Now that you know what you’re looking for, they’re easier to spot. Though not easy. You continue, ever wary.

By the time you can see the constellation in the distance, you’ve passed a half dozen greater glyphs and even one symbol of pain within sight. They seem to be scattered throughout the region, not just on your path. There must be hundreds of them if they’re this thick all the way around. That’s a lot of powdered diamond if it was laid down by a priest for the spell could cost a small pile each time.

The formation you seek consists of several points of light that resemble fading stars. These motes are concentrated astral mass - powerful thoughts and belief compressed until they flare with light. This pattern creates the image of a humanoid wearing a lion-skin cloak. Altogether the constellation covers about three square miles on the astral plane.

You close in to the nearest mote to investigate, Taldaris’s toe in fact, and something rises up behind it… A daemon! Its body seemingly made of iron, this shapely feminine form has wrists pierced by chains that end in curved blades. The creature is 15’ above you (remember you can move vertically with relative ease).

Knowledge Planes DC 25:
You face a Crucidaemon! NE Medium outsider (daemon, evil, extraplanar).

Bloody representations of death by traps or torture, crucidaemons spend their existence subjecting creatures to an eternity of pain and terror. Whereas many daemons are quick to feed on the soul of mortals they capture, a crucidaemon lets its victims linger, marinating their souls in torment and pain so that when the time for feeding finally comes, they welcome their final oblivion with tears of gratitude.
- - -

It reaches out to your minds, and communicates by opening a telepathic link between you all. ”Leave. Leave now. This is a protected space. You will get no further warning.” She certainly seems frustrated at not attacking at once. She waits for you to turn around and leave however.

- Round 1 -
Elen - 24
Good Folks - 22+ (delayed)
Edelmira - 22-
Kamari - 17
Major Kort - 11
Muri - 7

Initiative Rolls:
Edelmira: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Elen: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Kamari: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Major Kort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Muri: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Good Folk: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

• First up Elen, but then everyone - it's a little tricky. As soon as someone does something hostile or takes one step closer, she'll drop out of delay.

New map up!


M Half Elf
Stats:
Arc25,Dun25,Eng14,Geog12,Hist23,Loc/Nat/Pla/Rel25,Nob18, Perc 23, Sense 29, Spell25,Stlh22,DisDev27,UMD28

1d20 + 24 + 2 + 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 24 + 2 + (7) + 3 = 37 Know (Planes) - DRs? Special attacks? Weaknesses? Would it prefer to dice or filet a painter/duelest with those curved blades?

"What? Why? Can't you find other astral space to ward off? Why is this space so special?" Kort asks from afar (if he can given initiative).


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Herder/16

Round 1, Init 7

Status:

Muri
AC = 25
HP = 97/97
Weapon Equipped = Good Bow
Condition(s) = None

Underfoot
AC = 29
HP = 118/118
Weapon Equipped = Teef
Condition(s) = None

Muri doesn't take kindly to the daemon's threat. Halfling eyes narrow, and daemon is marked. Swift Action to Smite an obviously evil spooky knives out monster

It's clear that arrows of righteousness are necessary, immediately.

Good Bow...: 1d20 + 24 + 3 + 2 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 24 + 3 + 2 - 2 - 4 = 41 for 1d6 + 7 + 10 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 10 + 8 + (5, 2) = 33 piercing, magical damage which hopefully overcomes the creature's DR

Good Bow...: 1d20 + 19 + 3 + 2 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 19 + 3 + 2 - 2 - 4 = 32 for 1d6 + 7 + 5 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 5 + 8 + (6, 4) = 34 piercing, magical damage which hopefully overcomes the creature's DR

Good Bow...: 1d20 + 14 + 3 + 2 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 3 + 2 - 2 - 4 = 33 for 1d6 + 7 + 5 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 5 + 8 + (3, 1) = 30 piercing, magical damage which hopefully overcomes the creature's DR

Good Bow...: 1d20 + 24 + 3 + 2 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 24 + 3 + 2 - 2 - 4 = 39 for 1d6 + 7 + 5 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 5 + 8 + (3, 1) = 26 piercing, magical damage which hopefully overcomes the creature's DR

edit:

Confirm Critical?: 1d20 + 14 + 3 + 2 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 14 + 3 + 2 - 2 - 4 = 30 for 2d6 + 14 + 10 + 16 ⇒ (5, 4) + 14 + 10 + 16 = 49 piercing, magical damage which hopefully overcomes the creature's DR


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half Elf
Stats:
Arc25,Dun25,Eng14,Geog12,Hist23,Loc/Nat/Pla/Rel25,Nob18, Perc 23, Sense 29, Spell25,Stlh22,DisDev27,UMD28

Oh lol. Muri's on fire.

Kort immediately clams up as the Muri's arrows speak for a holy rage that is seen far too little.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Jininese Elf Lvl 15

Elen moves up to provoke.

”Smite the daemon everyone!”

Elen recites some brief poem about stopping the rebirth of dark stars. everyone +6 / +6 Hit/Dam

Status:

Hits: 84/84
Current AC: 30 +2 Ring,+2 Amulet, +4 Mage Armor
Current Saves: Fort: +12; Ref +11; Will: +8, +10 if Enchant (Elf) (+2 cloak)
(Normal) AC: 22 (Bare naked save for Mask and Dodge)
flat: 18 (ring +2, nat armor +2, mage armor +4)
touch: 24 (ring +2, Dex +5, Cha +6, Dodge +1)
CMD = 30
WandofMageArmorCharges = 13/50
Wand of CLW: 22/50
Resolve = 8/8
Challenge = 4/5
Hero Pts: 3/3


Roll20 Map - Tracking Sheet

Major Kort:
DR 10/good and silver (ugh) and one special attack.

Chained Daggers (Su) A crucidaemon fights with the two daggers chained to its wrists as if dual wielding daggers with a reach of 10 feet (although it can also attack adjacent foes with no penalty). It takes no penalty on attack or damage rolls while wielding both of these daggers at once. These daggers are considered to be +2 daggers that deal 2d6 points of bleed damage.
- - -

Elen charges forward putting the daemon under threat, and under notice - boosting her allies.

The daemon reacts to this hostilely as you expected. Before Muri can rain down terror from the skies, the woman flicks her knives out at Elen with confidence! The chains clatter and ring as she attacks with reach!

Dagger on Elen: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (13) + 29 = 42 damage: 1d4 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Dagger on Elen: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (8) + 29 = 37 damage: 1d4 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Dagger on Elen: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (7) + 24 = 31 damage: 1d4 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Dagger on Elen: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 35 damage: 1d4 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Dagger on Elen: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21 damage: 1d4 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Elen is hit four times for 52hp damage. Further the daggers are serrated, and so Elen suffers Bleed. (On your initiative, take 2d6 damage until you get some healing to stop it, or succeed a DC 15 heal check (standard action).)

- Round 1 -
Edelmira - 22-
Kamari - 17
Major Kort - 11
Muri - 7
- Round 2 -
Elen - 24 (-52hp)
Good Folks - 22+ (delayed)

• Next up Edelmira, Kamari, and Major Kort to finish round one, and then Elen to start round two - if the daemon makes it that long...


M Half Elf
Stats:
Arc25,Dun25,Eng14,Geog12,Hist23,Loc/Nat/Pla/Rel25,Nob18, Perc 23, Sense 29, Spell25,Stlh22,DisDev27,UMD28

DR 10/good and silver (ugh)

Round 1

Kort moves up and casts Divine Favor.

K'alibrations:

hp: 116/116
AC: 21/16/17
Saves: F9/R15/W14 +4 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. illusions +6 vs. poison
Lowlight. PBS.

Aroden's Verve: 0/10 used
Adhere to the Law: 0/4 used
Extend Rods: 3/6 used

Quantum Leaps used:
Pathfinder Carry: 0/0
Staff of Courage: 0/0

0: (create water, detect magic/poison, light, stabilize,read magic)
1: 1/11 used (CLW*0,Shield*0,PfE*0,DF*1)
2: 2/11 used (Inv*0,RE*1,*CE*0,SInv*1,LesRest*0)
3: 4/9 used (H*2,DM*0,DayBreakArrow*1, MCaE10'*1)
4: 0/8 used (GrInv*0,CCW*0,FoM*0)
5: 0/4 used (CLWM*0,FlStr*0,TruSee*0)

Kort's usual protections: See Invisibility (140 min), extended Heroism on himself and Kamari (280 min), Magic Circle Against Evil 10' (280 min). Daybreak Arrows (140 min), Resist Fire 30.

Cane:
[ dice]1d20+8[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.

Dignity's Barb (crit on 16+):
[ dice]1d20+15+2+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS,+heroism)
1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9 magic cold iron damage; (clustered)

[ dice]1d20+15+2+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS,+heroism)
1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7 magic cold iron damage; (clustered)

[ dice]1d20+10+2+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS,+heroism)
1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6 magic cold iron damage; (clustered)

[ dice]1d20+5+2+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS,+heroism)
1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6 magic cold iron damage; (clustered)
Bolts: 33/50 cold iron

1d20 + 13 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 2 + 1 = 17 touch to hit; (heroism,PBP)
4d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 4, 2, 5) + 1 = 16 fire damage
24/50 left.


Female Half-Elf aka Katherine Weaver

Round 1

Even though the flight isn't needed, Kamari activates her boots for the extra speed and moves in closer to the daemon.

tracking:

#/# daily uses remaining
Boots of flying - 2/3
Panache 6/6 -
Arcane Pool 3/3
Pearl of Power 2/2
Swordmaster's Flair blue scarf 1/1
Koriana's blade gemstones
White - Magic missiles 1/1
Pink - Mind-affecting spells 1/1
Black - Negative energy 1/1
Green - Poison 1/1
Prepared Spells

Level 0 (4 per day)
Dancing Lights
Daze
Mage Hand
Prestidigitation

Level 1 (3 per day)
Shocking Grasp
Shock Shield - used
Shield


The Night Swan takes a step forward, draws an oil of bless weapon, and applies it. Good and silver? She has that covered.

five foot step, draw as move, apply as standard

Edeltorials:

HP: 127/127
AC: 34/14/33
Saves: F14/R14/W15 (+2 vs ingested/inhaled diseases)
Hero Points: 3
Spells/Conditions Active: Fastidiousness, oil of bless weapon

0: (Grasp, Light, Oath of Anonymity, Spark)
1: 1/3 used (Fastidiousnessx1, Serren’s Swift Girdingx0)

Aymr:
[ dice]1d20+21[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+9[/dice] damage.


Female Jininese Elf Lvl 15

Elen swings at the pincushion daemon.

~~~
Naginata: 1d20 + 23 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 23 + 6 = 40
for Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 3 + 3 + 2d6 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 3 + 3 + (1, 4) + 6 + 6 = 35 Adamantine, Holy, Diva Style
Naginata: 1d20 + 18 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 18 + 6 = 31
for Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 3 + 3 + 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 3 + 3 + (6, 4) + 6 = 32 Adamantine, Holy
Naginata: 1d20 + 13 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 6 = 36
for Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 3 + 3 + 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 3 + 3 + (6, 4) + 6 = 37 Adamantine, Holy
+6 on damage on first hit (diva Style)

Bleed: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3

Status:

Hits: 29/84
Current AC: 30 +2 Ring,+2 Amulet, +4 Mage Armor
Current Saves: Fort: +12; Ref +11; Will: +8, +10 if Enchant (Elf) (+2 cloak)
(Normal) AC: 22 (Bare naked save for Mask and Dodge)
flat: 18 (ring +2, nat armor +2, mage armor +4)
touch: 24 (ring +2, Dex +5, Cha +6, Dodge +1)
CMD = 30
WandofMageArmorCharges = 13/50
Wand of CLW: 22/50
Resolve = 8/8
Challenge = 4/5
Hero Pts: 3/3


Roll20 Map - Tracking Sheet

Edelmira prepares her blade for the battle ahead. Kamari takes flight for the speed and closes in. Major Kort moves and prepares his combat prowess as well - all leading to Muri who rains holy fire from the sky upon the daemon (overcomes DR). While he does not crush her utterly, he does set up Elen who finishes her off with three solid blows (overcomes DR) before she can strike again.

Elen takes bleed damage however.
Bleed: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6

That said, we are Out of Initiative so I assume healing is brought to bear before there is further bleeding.

Edelmira
Kamari
Major Kort
Muri
Elen - (-58hp)
Good Folks - (dead)

The doll is flabbergasted. Before seemingly he could do anything, or even shout out, the threat was neutralized. "Amazing..." he mutters, little cottony mouth agape.


M Half Elf
Stats:
Arc25,Dun25,Eng14,Geog12,Hist23,Loc/Nat/Pla/Rel25,Nob18, Perc 23, Sense 29, Spell25,Stlh22,DisDev27,UMD28

Kort wishes he could have had his questions answered, but also thinks that Muri's decisive action had some merit as well...and only Elen got hurt. Not a bad outcome after all.

"Yeah, sometimes we get lucky, Nabil, and other times we're just good," Kort says, not saying which one this was.

"Okay, which way now? All directions are open to us?"

Assuming Nabil can point the way, Kort will move on with eyes open.

1d20 + 22 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 22 + 2 = 31 Perception


Female Jininese Elf Lvl 15

"I was worried it was prepping a spell."

She pulls out the wand for additional healing.
CLW: 9d8 + 9 ⇒ (8, 5, 1, 5, 8, 4, 7, 5, 8) + 9 = 60

She looks around for further threats.

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26

Status:

Hits: 84/84
Current AC: 30 +2 Ring,+2 Amulet, +4 Mage Armor
Current Saves: Fort: +12; Ref +11; Will: +8, +10 if Enchant (Elf) (+2 cloak)
(Normal) AC: 22 (Bare naked save for Mask and Dodge)
flat: 18 (ring +2, nat armor +2, mage armor +4)
touch: 24 (ring +2, Dex +5, Cha +6, Dodge +1)
CMD = 30
WandofMageArmorCharges = 13/50
Wand of CLW: 13/50
Resolve = 8/8
Challenge = 4/5
Hero Pts: 3/3


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Elf aka Katherine Weaver

Kamari examines the iron body of the daemon for any clues as to whom or what might have set it to protecting and what protected space to which it was referring.

Major K'Aldrian Kort 1ATD, Ret. wrote:


"Okay, which way now? All directions are open to us?"

If no leads are found in the examination of the daemon, Kamari proposes going up.

"We're at the foot. Perhaps by the time we ascend to the head things will reveal themselves. Maybe the constellation will talk. Anything seems possible here."

perception if needed: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Herder/16

Underfoot howls, witnessing the destruction of the daemon, and understanding the triumph over evil. Muri joins her, when it's clear she's not just howling briefly. In fact, she, and he, howl the whole way forward, as the two investigate the dead evil alongside Kamari. "I felt Her, here! Chaldira knew, and infused the arrows Herself!"

The arrow protruding from the daemon's eye is removed, broken but done. Muri tucks it away, sure to make the arrowhead a token of their time on the Astral.

"So, what are we looking for here? Why are there so many wards to discourage us? Nabil?" The halfling looks back at the doll, and waits to learn what an astronomer can tell them about their destination.


Roll20 Map - Tracking Sheet

Kamari and Muri search the crucidaemon. While she had no diamond dust (must have been an ability) for the glyphs, she does have a bit of gear. You find:

Amulet of Natural Armor +3
Ring of Refusal
Headband of Alluring Charisma +4
Belt of Dexterity +4
Two beautiful rubies, cut together, and sold as a pair for 8,000gp
Assorted cash, mostly in gems 11,000gp

Before the daemon’s body has even cooled, Nabil is studying the constellation. Though he scurries quickly, you spend most of the day (Lamashan 2, Toilday) floating in the astral going from one ‘star’ to the next, investigating all of the constellation.

The astral legend shows serious and unusual signs of degradation. Knowledge Planes or Arcana checks please for more as you all look around. Perception checks are fine too if others want to pile on to those already rolled.


The Night Swan takes up the amulet, as it is an improvement over her own, offering up her own +2 amulet to anyone who wants it.

She looks to the Major. ”My studies were decidedly focused in more terrestrial matters. Can you make anything of it?”

she has neither of those skills sadly :(


Male Halfling Herder/16

Muri acknowledges the benefit of the Headband, if it's available to wear. Oh, and the belt.

Knowledge(Planes): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Underfoot Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

The rider and mount spend most of their time on the Astral making physics-defying maneuvers, aware of their limited stay, given the doll's zealous pursuit of first hand knowledge.


Female Half-Elf aka Katherine Weaver

knowledge arcana or planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Kamari trails along Nabil and peppers him with both the simple and complicated questions of an inquisitive mind new to the fields.

"So, these aren't the same constellations we see from Taldor are they? Or, are they? It seems they would be bigger--not that these aren't big."

She reaches out to touch them, but stops short.

"Is it safe?"


M Half Elf
Stats:
Arc25,Dun25,Eng14,Geog12,Hist23,Loc/Nat/Pla/Rel25,Nob18, Perc 23, Sense 29, Spell25,Stlh22,DisDev27,UMD28

Kort looks around, thinking thoughts. He will also identify the magics, of which he wants none for himself.

1d20 + 24 + 2 + 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 24 + 2 + (7) + 3 = 45 Know (Arcana/Planes)
1d20 + 22 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 22 + 2 = 33 Perception


Female Jininese Elf Lvl 15

"Oh, is that -- a daemon -- body of -- iron?!" Elen exclaims puzzled, not ever having seen such a thing before.

"It had some nice gems," she says, showing no other interest in the loot.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half Elf
Stats:
Arc25,Dun25,Eng14,Geog12,Hist23,Loc/Nat/Pla/Rel25,Nob18, Perc 23, Sense 29, Spell25,Stlh22,DisDev27,UMD28
The Night Swan wrote:
The Night Swan takes up the amulet, as it is an improvement over her own, offering up her own +2 amulet to anyone who wants it.

Kort will slip off his own +1 amulet and gratefully accept the +2.


Roll20 Map - Tracking Sheet

As Kamari reaches out to touch it it seems to hum and she gets a flash of memory - Taldaris standing tall in a field of grass so green it hurts your eyes. And then the flash is gone.

Well, it’s a good thing you were so thorough in searching, or you might have missed the best part.

First, Major Kort learns that someone has purposefully vandalized this site, though due to the planes timeless nature, it’s difficult to tell how long ago it occurred. You also get flashes of ‘memories’ like Kamari’s experience from the motes or stars. Mostly heroic events in Taldaris’s life - powerful enough events to leave a lingering bright pucker on the astral plane.

But you find one more too. A fist sized mote of coagulated thought left over from the violence done here. Evidence of wrongdoing.

By touching the mote and concentrating, you receive jumbled memories of what happened. You see three hag witches - two of whom you killed in Zimar, but apparently there is a third in the coven who has escaped your destructive wrath.

Anyway, you see all three performing some sort of ritual. In the most intriguing snippet, they drone, ”…and one final emperor, for courage and awe.” They steal power from these stars, sealing the motes of light in their heartstones and leaving a ravaged constellation in their wake.

They then proudly declare, ”Long live the risen king.”


Male Halfling Herder/16

Muri happily offers his old belt Dex +2 to one of his companions, or the communal resources.

...

Hags wrote:
"Long live the risen king."

"Is that Carrius? They used stars to bring him back?" Muri feels uncomfortable with the process of accessing memories through starstuff. "So this happened before we visited Zimar, but we don't know how long before. And there's a witch still."

The halfling looks to his companions. "Do we need to bring some of the star back with us, to show others? Is that even possible?"


M Half Elf
Stats:
Arc25,Dun25,Eng14,Geog12,Hist23,Loc/Nat/Pla/Rel25,Nob18, Perc 23, Sense 29, Spell25,Stlh22,DisDev27,UMD28
Muri Daybreaker wrote:

"Is that Carrius? They used stars to bring him back?"

"Do we need to bring some of the star back with us, to show others? Is that even possible?"

Kort ponders Muri’s questions, trying to put he pieces together.

GM Evilan, As Kort is much smarter than I, how might he answer Muri’s questions?

”Does it seem like we also need to find the third hag? That might end some of the mischief.”


Female Jininese Elf Lvl 15

"In the very least we need to track down that last hag and see if we can get any answers out of her. But, maybe we should leave the constellation alone until after we've sorted everything out?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Tracking Sheet

It's true that Kort has a clue. He agrees with Muri that they could well be referring to Carrius. Remember, Carrius was unraisable when he first died. But somehow reappears decades later. It's not impossible that the hags may have managed some arcane ritual. Exactly how the pieces fit together though you're not yet sure. This is new territory. Probably unique.

You would also know that one hag is not much of a risk. It's when hags form covens that they become powerful. Had you done more searching around the citadel at Zimar, you'd likely have encountered her you suspect. You could go back there to hunt for her, but you doubt she's the ringleader.

He's also pretty sure, and Nabil can confirm, that Elen is right. Messing about with constellations is risky business. You don't know any rituals for doing so, but you imagine a possible outcome could be ripping a hole in the plane. What's on the other side is anyone's guess. The void? It would be unpleasant.

Finally, Muri, as investigators, your word is your bond. If you say it is the way it is, it will be accepted and then verified by a third party (ie, someone else will come up here to confirm your statements). So you shouldn't need to bring anything back.

Nabil continues to make notes and measurements, and will likely do so until you stop him. It's pushing suppertime, and you've skipped lunch - though in truth you're not really hungry out here in the astral.

Do you return, or give Nabil another day in near rapture?


Male Halfling Herder/16

Muri decides to pop the doll's bubble. "Nabil, I understand you're enjoying this, but we can't waste more time here. We have to file a report. The sooner, the better. We will remember how much you enjoyed your time on the Astral. If we can help you return, at a later time, we will do our best. You have my word."


M Half Elf
Stats:
Arc25,Dun25,Eng14,Geog12,Hist23,Loc/Nat/Pla/Rel25,Nob18, Perc 23, Sense 29, Spell25,Stlh22,DisDev27,UMD28

Kort nods quick dissent with Muri's words.

"Yeah, not like we've been rushing or anything. We got time for this. After all, it's unlikely any of us will ever be here again. We might as well make the most of it," Kort disagrees and waits to see how others feel.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Tracking Sheet

What's the plan folks? Two votes, each opposite of each other.


Female Jininese Elf Lvl 15

Elen doesn’t need the mask to see that whatever soul is in the doll is living his dream. Knowing he will meet his fate soon she cannot bring herself to tear him from his current activity.

”Yes, how often do we get to visit the stars? Let’s all take a break from the bureaucracy. Our report can wait a day.”

6,701 to 6,750 of 7,599 << first < prev | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMEuan's War for the Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.