The Tower of Ages

Game Master Giant Halfling

Map of Cardriss, The Seeker's Seal, Language Guide


251 to 300 of 436 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Cleric 9 (Theologian) HP:108/90 AC:26 TO:15 FF:22 F:10(12) R:9 W:13 Percept:+21 Sense Motive:+17 Init:+4 Fire Resist:10 CMD:15 Active effects:bears endurance, angelic aspect,shield other(Fen),Blessing of the mole

Gavin says a quick prayer and violet flames cover his body.

casting fire shield

"I am ready." he says, taking Lyra's hand.


Male NG Orc Inquisitor 9 | HP 99/99 | AC 23 (currently 24) T 15 F 21 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +10, R: +7, W: 12 | Init: +5 | Perc: +15, SM: +20 | Speed 20ft | Bane: 6/9 | Judgement 2/3| Discern Lies 9/9 | Spells: 1st 0/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 2/4 | Active conditions: Wrath (6 rounds), Divine Favor (7 rounds), Channel Vigor (limbs) (7 rounds), tactical acumen (8)

Fenrick readies himself with a couple of prayers to Pharasma. The first one channels vigor into his limbs, making him move faster. He then gives himself the gift of tactical acumen. He then asks for some favor from his Goddess. the witness didnt give me a monster type, but I assume he knows what it is. If he doesn't, ignore this spell Lastly, Fenrick fills himself with wrath against this weird enemy. Fenrick takes a quick moment to reassess the strategy of going after a very big enemy.

I am full of divine powers and am I ready to go.

wrath (6 rounds left from the time we go in), divine favor (7 rounds left from the time we go in), channel vigor (7 rounds left from the time we go in), and tactical acumen (8 rounds left from the time we go in). Also spending a move action to change my teamwork feat from precise strike to overwhelm.


Map of Cardriss; Language Guide

Grasping hands, Lyra poofs the Seekers across the several hundred feet between them and the mogobo. After a disorienting step through nothingness, they arrive in the lagoon between the creature and the stone monument.

**initiative**
Fenrick: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Gavin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Lyra: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 = 24
Witness: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 18 + 2 = 37
Mogobo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Group A [all of the PCs] is up. The lagoon is about 2 feet deep with a soft, sandy bottom; it counts as difficult terrain (move at half speed and can't take a 5' step). You weren't real specific about where you were teleporting to, so whoever posts first gets to pick how far away from the mogobo they are and everyone after them can pick to be 5' closer or 5' farther away than that...


Cleric 9 (Theologian) HP:108/90 AC:26 TO:15 FF:22 F:10(12) R:9 W:13 Percept:+21 Sense Motive:+17 Init:+4 Fire Resist:10 CMD:15 Active effects:bears endurance, angelic aspect,shield other(Fen),Blessing of the mole

ok. I'll do the best I can with this.
The group will form a square, with Lyra and Fenrick adjacent to the toad, and Gavin and the Witness behind them.

While the creature is still off guard, Gavin backs away to a safer distance and casts wall of fire just behind the creature.

moving back 15' and putting the wall in the space right behind it.

wall of fire: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4 damage


female human vigilante 9 | HP 90/90 | AC 29(31 with blessing) T 18 F 22 | CMB +16, CMD 22 | F: +6, R: +14, W: 9 (+2 vs disease/fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None

Pigeon does what pigeons do best. Get in the way and be annoying. Falling into a practiced form, she slices and shreds at the beast's face.

adamantine if it matters at all
attack 1, pa, blessing: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 16 + 2 = 38
damage: 1d6 + 17 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 17 + 9 = 28
attack 2, pa, blessing: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 2 = 31
damage: 1d6 + 17 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 17 + 9 = 30

crit range is 15 on her rapier

confirmation attack 1, pa, blessing: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 16 + 2 = 22
damage: 1d6 + 17 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 17 + 9 = 30
confirmation attack 2, pa, blessing: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 2 = 20
damage: 1d6 + 17 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 17 + 9 = 32


Map of Cardriss; Language Guide

Technically, I only authorized the first poster to pick their own spot, but everyone else essentially has to be within 5’ of them... Gavin appeared 5’ away, and Lyra adjacent... Fenrick and the Witness can appear up to 10’ away from it, according to their preference. @Gavin- how far are you backing up (remembering you move at half speed here)?


Cleric 9 (Theologian) HP:108/90 AC:26 TO:15 FF:22 F:10(12) R:9 W:13 Percept:+21 Sense Motive:+17 Init:+4 Fire Resist:10 CMD:15 Active effects:bears endurance, angelic aspect,shield other(Fen),Blessing of the mole

backing up 15'. My full move is 30' so I should be ok. That puts me 20' away from it I think.


female human vigilante 9 | HP 90/90 | AC 29(31 with blessing) T 18 F 22 | CMB +16, CMD 22 | F: +6, R: +14, W: 9 (+2 vs disease/fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None

so Lyra is adjacent to the creature, being between him and it. Is that okay?


Map of Cardriss; Language Guide

Yup, sounds good. I’ll be busy at work in the morning so I probably won’t delay or bot anyone for at least 14-15 hours.


Male NG Orc Inquisitor 9 | HP 99/99 | AC 23 (currently 24) T 15 F 21 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +10, R: +7, W: 12 | Init: +5 | Perc: +15, SM: +20 | Speed 20ft | Bane: 6/9 | Judgement 2/3| Discern Lies 9/9 | Spells: 1st 0/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 2/4 | Active conditions: Wrath (6 rounds), Divine Favor (7 rounds), Channel Vigor (limbs) (7 rounds), tactical acumen (8)

Fenrick appears next to toad, and is ready to rumble! He makes 3 quick attacks with his large weapon and one bite, after he makes a prayer to Pharasma to improve his weapon against this creature.

Cold iron Falchion: 1d20 + 12 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 6 = 43
+3 from wrath, +3 from divine favor, +1 from haste, +2 from bane, +6 from flanking (4 from outflank, 2 from tactical acumen)

Damage (S): 2d4 + 13 + 3 + 3 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 13 + 3 + 3 + (3, 1) + 2 = 30
+3 from wrath, +3 from divine favor, 2d6+2 from bane

Cold iron Falchion: 1d20 + 12 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 6 = 46
+3 from wrath, +3 from divine favor, +1 from haste, +2 from bane, +6 from flanking (4 from outflank, 2 from tactical acumen)

Damage (S): 2d4 + 13 + 3 + 3 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 13 + 3 + 3 + (1, 6) + 2 = 34
+3 from wrath, +3 from divine favor, 2d6+2 from bane

crit?: 1d20 + 12 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 6 = 33

damage if crit: 2d4 + 13 + 3 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2) + 13 + 3 + 3 + 2 = 24

Cold iron Falchion: 1d20 + 7 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 6 = 40
+3 from wrath, +3 from divine favor, +1 from haste, +2 from bane, +6 from flanking (4 from outflank, 2 from tactical acumen)

Damage (S): 2d4 + 13 + 3 + 3 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 13 + 3 + 3 + (5, 2) + 2 = 32
+3 from wrath, +3 from divine favor, 2d6+2 from bane

crit?: 1d20 + 12 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 6 = 32

damage if crit: 2d4 + 13 + 3 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2) + 13 + 3 + 3 + 2 = 24

bite: 1d20 + 4 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 6 = 34
+3 from wrath, +3 from divine favor, +1 from haste, +6 from flanking (4 from outflank, 2 from tactical acumen)

Damage (P): 1d8 + 6 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 3 + 3 = 16
+3 from wrath, +3 from divine favor

If I deal damage, I get a free intimidate check via Cornugon smash. So if needed:intimidate: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (16) + 22 = 38

Relevant links to intimidate checks for this character Demoralize opponent and Signature Skill

Swift action to use bane and full attack to attack (using my natural attack as a secondary natural attack)


Stack-Dweller, Iris Gardener | Male Human Wizard (Scroll Scholar) (Diviner) 9 | HP: 63/63 | AC: 24 (T 17, FF 21) | CMD: 18 | F +6, R +9, W +10 | Init +18 | Darkvision 30, Perception +25; Sense Motive +4| Speed 30' | SLA id:3/3; cl:3/3 | Spells: 1st 5/7; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 1/5; 4th 3/4; 5th 2/3 | Extend Rod: 2/3 | Active effects: mage armor, endure elements, illusion of calm & aura sight 7/9 minutes, telepathic bond 90m, see invisibility 180m

The Witness - Mobogo-a-go-go - Round I

The seven Witnesses move effortlessly through the marsh to follow Gavin, screening the priest from the Mobogo in an attempt to allow him safe casting.

"Alert me if you require healing," he growls to Fenrick and The Pigeon.

Crunch:

Standard: none; Move: ~15 feet ending adjacent to Gavin, so as to provide him cover against the mobogo; Swift: none; Free: speech.
Mirror image 89/90 rounds remaining


Map of Cardriss; Language Guide

In a flurry of action, Gavin summons a wall of fire that singes the ugly toad-monster enough to stop its regeneration while Lyra and Fenrick begin stabbing and hacking. Lyra lands two well placed strikes but the orc absolutely savages the creatures face, slashing it across the cheek on his first strike and hacking through one eye and then another with his second and third swings. It takes in a big breath, as if preparing to croak, and then collapses with a gurgling grunt before the Witness has even finished moving.

It’s huge bulbous corpse turns to vapor and drifts away in the coastal breeze. As it does, an inky blue-black portal opens on the side of the stone structure facing the Seekers.

Well, with two big crits from Fenrick you made short work of that!


female human vigilante 9 | HP 90/90 | AC 29(31 with blessing) T 18 F 22 | CMB +16, CMD 22 | F: +6, R: +14, W: 9 (+2 vs disease/fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None

Pigeon whistles in gore-splattered awe at the sheer brutality of Fenrick's decimation of the now pitied creature. "Well that went well" the young woman smiles in relief, cleaning her rapier on a rag before sheathing it.

"Through the portal then?"


Cleric 9 (Theologian) HP:108/90 AC:26 TO:15 FF:22 F:10(12) R:9 W:13 Percept:+21 Sense Motive:+17 Init:+4 Fire Resist:10 CMD:15 Active effects:bears endurance, angelic aspect,shield other(Fen),Blessing of the mole

Gavin makes his way to a safe distance, one from which he can heal and support his more martially inclined friends. Turning just in time to see the monster enveloped in a frenzy of blades, teeth and claws.

As he watches the thing disappear, he thinks, Oh my! I thought I had anger issues....

As the witness catches up to him, Gavin's incredulity is impossible to mask.

"Well, my friend, I think we picked the right folks to accompany us into the tower....."

Gavin takes a few moments to look around for anything of note that they might have missed.

perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 23

And if there is nothing that catches his eye, he indeed is ready for their next step.


Stack-Dweller, Iris Gardener | Male Human Wizard (Scroll Scholar) (Diviner) 9 | HP: 63/63 | AC: 24 (T 17, FF 21) | CMD: 18 | F +6, R +9, W +10 | Init +18 | Darkvision 30, Perception +25; Sense Motive +4| Speed 30' | SLA id:3/3; cl:3/3 | Spells: 1st 5/7; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 1/5; 4th 3/4; 5th 2/3 | Extend Rod: 2/3 | Active effects: mage armor, endure elements, illusion of calm & aura sight 7/9 minutes, telepathic bond 90m, see invisibility 180m

"So it would seem..."

The Witness approaches the monument and portal. "If we might tarry for a minute, I'd like to make a brief examination of this structure and effect." Assuming there are no objections... He walks around the large stone as he physically inspects it, then invokes a cantrip and studies it again, followed by the portal.

Searches monument, then casts detect magic and inspects the monument and the portal.
Monument: Perception: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (2) + 27 = 29
Monument: Spellcraft / Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 20 = 40
Portal: Spellcraft / Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37


female human vigilante 9 | HP 90/90 | AC 29(31 with blessing) T 18 F 22 | CMB +16, CMD 22 | F: +6, R: +14, W: 9 (+2 vs disease/fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None

To Gavin and Fen while they wait on Witness's investigation "Not knowing anything much about magic, I just jumped into portal after portal. "


Map of Cardriss; Language Guide

Gavin looks around but, beside the natural beauty of this place, sees nothing further of note.

After a fairly thorough search, the Witness learns that this monument is the same dimensions as the anchor and composed of the same stone, with the same relief of the Seeker's Seal. The only (mundanely) notable difference is that this one shows no signs of weather or wear. A magical inspection reveals that, like everything else here, it is a magical construct. The portal itself appears identical in all ways (magic and mundane) to the one through which the Seekers originally entered the Anchor.

If there's anything else anyone wants to do before entering the portal please try to get it up tonight or tomorrow morning. I'm planning to post passing through it during my first lull at work tomorrow.


Cleric 9 (Theologian) HP:108/90 AC:26 TO:15 FF:22 F:10(12) R:9 W:13 Percept:+21 Sense Motive:+17 Init:+4 Fire Resist:10 CMD:15 Active effects:bears endurance, angelic aspect,shield other(Fen),Blessing of the mole

ready


Stack-Dweller, Iris Gardener | Male Human Wizard (Scroll Scholar) (Diviner) 9 | HP: 63/63 | AC: 24 (T 17, FF 21) | CMD: 18 | F +6, R +9, W +10 | Init +18 | Darkvision 30, Perception +25; Sense Motive +4| Speed 30' | SLA id:3/3; cl:3/3 | Spells: 1st 5/7; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 1/5; 4th 3/4; 5th 2/3 | Extend Rod: 2/3 | Active effects: mage armor, endure elements, illusion of calm & aura sight 7/9 minutes, telepathic bond 90m, see invisibility 180m

"This portal appears identical in function to the one we entered at the Southern Anchor near Tokelau. I'd say it's slightly more likely than not to return us back there.

"I'd like to enter the portal second to last, in order to observe any possibly interesting phenomena induced by our passage through it from both ends."


female human vigilante 9 | HP 90/90 | AC 29(31 with blessing) T 18 F 22 | CMB +16, CMD 22 | F: +6, R: +14, W: 9 (+2 vs disease/fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None

"I'll go first" Pigeon volunteers, drawing her rapier again and then stepping through.


Cleric 9 (Theologian) HP:108/90 AC:26 TO:15 FF:22 F:10(12) R:9 W:13 Percept:+21 Sense Motive:+17 Init:+4 Fire Resist:10 CMD:15 Active effects:bears endurance, angelic aspect,shield other(Fen),Blessing of the mole

Gavin proceeds through second, armed with a rod in hand.


Map of Cardriss; Language Guide

Each of the Seeker's, in turn, pass through the portal and find themselves once more standing on the plateau north of Tokelau. The Witness notes nothing particularly unusual about the portal and is left to presume that his initial theory that they had entered, and were now leaving, some manner of pocket dimension or demi-plane was most likely correct.

The sun is setting now, which means it is likely that several hours have passed while the Seekers were within the anchor. The ruins have emptied of sightseers and scholars, and the children who had been playing are now scampering down the path towards the city.

Each of the Seeker's feels a strange warmth where their mark is, and they immediately notice, on those marks which are visible, that the innermost pentagon is faintly glowing with an azure energy.

You have all lost your temporary blessings, but gained the first attunement; see discussion for details.


Cleric 9 (Theologian) HP:108/90 AC:26 TO:15 FF:22 F:10(12) R:9 W:13 Percept:+21 Sense Motive:+17 Init:+4 Fire Resist:10 CMD:15 Active effects:bears endurance, angelic aspect,shield other(Fen),Blessing of the mole

With his new family at his side, Gavin wastes no time selecting the community domain.

"It has been quite a long day. I suggest we find shelter and rest soon."


Male NG Orc Inquisitor 9 | HP 99/99 | AC 23 (currently 24) T 15 F 21 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +10, R: +7, W: 12 | Init: +5 | Perc: +15, SM: +20 | Speed 20ft | Bane: 6/9 | Judgement 2/3| Discern Lies 9/9 | Spells: 1st 0/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 2/4 | Active conditions: Wrath (6 rounds), Divine Favor (7 rounds), Channel Vigor (limbs) (7 rounds), tactical acumen (8)

Fenrick calms down as the heat of battle ends. He wipes down his large blade and puts it away. In the process, he his magical auras fade away as well. He then moves through the portal.

He finds himself with all his allies back to where they started this journey. I agree with you, Gavin. I need to wash up and relax by the fire. It has been a long day and I am spent. He looks to the Witness I see it is night time now, how much time passed? Is it the same day or have been gone for longer?.

He inspects his his hand and the tattoo. It is giving him a new feeling, as if it is telling himself. Pharasma is giving a message, or so he is reading it, when he notices the gifts of the trickster follows him.

I have learned to lie to accomplish my goals, but never thought of myself as an trickster... why has this stayed with me? Fenrick wonders as he wonders what new powers lie within himself.

Taking the trickery domain


female human vigilante 9 | HP 90/90 | AC 29(31 with blessing) T 18 F 22 | CMB +16, CMD 22 | F: +6, R: +14, W: 9 (+2 vs disease/fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None

Lyra stretches into a long yawn and agrees "Sleep would be lovely" her movements are a little more feline than before.

Will take panther domain since pigeons are well known to be the panthers of the sky!!! or that is what she is saying at least :)


Stack-Dweller, Iris Gardener | Male Human Wizard (Scroll Scholar) (Diviner) 9 | HP: 63/63 | AC: 24 (T 17, FF 21) | CMD: 18 | F +6, R +9, W +10 | Init +18 | Darkvision 30, Perception +25; Sense Motive +4| Speed 30' | SLA id:3/3; cl:3/3 | Spells: 1st 5/7; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 1/5; 4th 3/4; 5th 2/3 | Extend Rod: 2/3 | Active effects: mage armor, endure elements, illusion of calm & aura sight 7/9 minutes, telepathic bond 90m, see invisibility 180m

The Witness arrives back to the prime material plane with a growing sense of freedom from constraints of all kinds. I have always yearned to be free of impediments as the Cosmic Pilgrim is - not just those of the crude physical, but more importantly those of ignorance and magical limitation. This experience has awoken my devotion to the Treader of All Paths into some more. Perhaps in defeating my double I've been freed from the limitations it represented - or in overcoming it have I integrated it's nature more fully into my own? Noting the glowing mark on the inquisitor's hand, the wizard quickly retrieves his full-length mirror from his haversack to study his own brand in the reflection.

"Yes, sleep. It has been a long time since I've allowed myself the indulgence," he says quietly, as if to himself. "A long time..." Coming back to the moment at hand, The Witness looks around properly for any signs of the scholar-mage Gorka and his assistant before turning his attention to the night sky.

"Ideally Alexei would know the answer to your query, Inquisitor. However..." He begins comparing celestial features to the horizon and one another in an effort to approximate the time and date.

The Witness is all for making camp, though he'll prefer to take first watch then sleep in his mirror.

Crunch:

Perception: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (11) + 25 = 36 Any signs of Gorka and Alexei?
Knowledge (geography): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25 per skill description this covers astronomy, which is basically what I'm doing, maybe?
First Attunement: Resonance of Liberation


Map of Cardriss; Language Guide

Witness:
You see a pair of figures that you think to be Gorka and Alexei on the path down to the city. They are a ways off though and reaching them before they disappear into the crowds would likely require flying to them ‘as the crow flies’ or using a spell like dimension door.

The stars are not yet visible, but based on the setting sun it seems that several hours passed while you were inside. It must be admitted that it could be the dusk of a different day but the data available from the weather and surrounding environment point towards it likely being the same day.


Cleric 9 (Theologian) HP:108/90 AC:26 TO:15 FF:22 F:10(12) R:9 W:13 Percept:+21 Sense Motive:+17 Init:+4 Fire Resist:10 CMD:15 Active effects:bears endurance, angelic aspect,shield other(Fen),Blessing of the mole

"This place seems relatively safe, why don't the Witness and I take the twilight watch, and you 2 can see us through the remainder of the night? I have some notes to take and some work to finish before I sleep anyway." Gavin says.

As the others set up bedrolls and doff armor, Gavin puts quill to parchment, weaving magics into his work.

When the time comes, Gavin joins the Witness in the mirror.


scribing a communal protection from energy scroll


Map of Cardriss; Language Guide

The Seekers set camp amidst the ruins, and the night passes uneventfully. In the earlier morning light, the following day, little columns of smoke rise from the city below as cooking fires are lit and people begin their days. By the time the Seekers' camp is broken down people have begun making their way up the numerous switchbacks of the trail which leads to the ruins.

What's the plan? Teleport away before people really get there? See if Gorka and Alexei show up? Walk down to the city for breakfast?


Cleric 9 (Theologian) HP:108/90 AC:26 TO:15 FF:22 F:10(12) R:9 W:13 Percept:+21 Sense Motive:+17 Init:+4 Fire Resist:10 CMD:15 Active effects:bears endurance, angelic aspect,shield other(Fen),Blessing of the mole

Gavin takes his time with his morning routine, offering tea to the others and preparing himself to travel.

Before he sits for his normal meditation, he inquires about the days plans.

"I can be prepared to contact Wolfric this morning, or this evening, whichever you prefer. Magically transporting to him may be more beneficial if it is after the days travel, he will cover more ground alone, and it would give us some time to reflect on the trials of yesterday."

@Witness-Are you able to teleport us all the way to him? Other than sending, what do you need from me? If we let him travel, and then go to him, I can do 8 hours of crafting instead of 2 and I think it gets us further.
@all- Can we consider camping outside the next anchor before going in?


female human vigilante 9 | HP 90/90 | AC 29(31 with blessing) T 18 F 22 | CMB +16, CMD 22 | F: +6, R: +14, W: 9 (+2 vs disease/fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None

Good with me sir.


Map of Cardriss; Language Guide

The Witness can’t teleport all the way to Korryn (which is why you stopped in Tzekal), much less all the way to Wulfric who claimed to be able to cover over 100 miles a day (and is moving away from you, north of Korryn). Honestly, this may very well be the last anchor you can teleport directly to, so you might not want to make plans based around this experience.


Cleric 9 (Theologian) HP:108/90 AC:26 TO:15 FF:22 F:10(12) R:9 W:13 Percept:+21 Sense Motive:+17 Init:+4 Fire Resist:10 CMD:15 Active effects:bears endurance, angelic aspect,shield other(Fen),Blessing of the mole

I know he cant get there in 1. I was asking if he had enough for the several jumps it would take.


Male NG Orc Inquisitor 9 | HP 99/99 | AC 23 (currently 24) T 15 F 21 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +10, R: +7, W: 12 | Init: +5 | Perc: +15, SM: +20 | Speed 20ft | Bane: 6/9 | Judgement 2/3| Discern Lies 9/9 | Spells: 1st 0/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 2/4 | Active conditions: Wrath (6 rounds), Divine Favor (7 rounds), Channel Vigor (limbs) (7 rounds), tactical acumen (8)

Ignore the whole trickery thing. I failed to notice it used intelligence instead of wisdom.

As we come out of this portal Fenrick takes stock of himself, noticing that he lost his wings he has grown to appreciate but is happy to have his normal mouth. He does notice a small vulture totem that he is unaware of where it came from.

A fresh gift from my lady of graves. He holds the totem in his hand as he gains more mastery over death with the new gifts.

As we prepare for rest, Fenrick pulls out his wand and gives it a tap. As the Birds settle down for some sleep, Fenrick relaxes through the first watch, then takes to cleaning his clothes/armor and his weapon through the second watch. At the beginning of the final watch, he brews up some hybrid coffee and sips away at it as he watches the sunrise from the mountain plateau.

When we wake up and are planning the day, This travel sort of thing is not my strong suite. I trust you guys to figure it out, just let me know what I can do to help.

Going with vulture totem and using keep watch wand at night.


Stack-Dweller, Iris Gardener | Male Human Wizard (Scroll Scholar) (Diviner) 9 | HP: 63/63 | AC: 24 (T 17, FF 21) | CMD: 18 | F +6, R +9, W +10 | Init +18 | Darkvision 30, Perception +25; Sense Motive +4| Speed 30' | SLA id:3/3; cl:3/3 | Spells: 1st 5/7; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 1/5; 4th 3/4; 5th 2/3 | Extend Rod: 2/3 | Active effects: mage armor, endure elements, illusion of calm & aura sight 7/9 minutes, telepathic bond 90m, see invisibility 180m

The Witness - rested, refreshed, and with re-memorized spells - chats with Gavin regarding his own experiences within the Anchor, more comfortable now that his mouth has returned to its usual proportions. Everyone feel free to read his spoilered adventures if you haven't already :)

"The next leg of our journey - as I intend it - will be to the Eastern Anchor, by way of Tzekal, Marow, and Izar. We'll only achieve Marow today, then Izar tomorrow morning. From Izar we can supply ourselves for travel by road to within one hundred miles of the Anchor, at which point we'll need to travel overland. I should be able to procure magical means to assist us in this regard.

"My intention for Wulfric is to have him travel towards the Northern Anchor so as to use him as a reference point for translocation; I'm not skilled enough to bring him along with us. Our travels to the Eastern Anchor should afford him the time he needs to reach the northern forests, at which point we can join him and make use of his expertise in navigating the difficult terrain to the Northern Anchor. From there I can bring us back to within a reasonable distance of the Western Anchor.

"As for today, once in Marow - a quaint enough village - we'll have the rest of the day to spend as we wish. Barring any unforeseen difficulties or arcanospatial navigation errors, as always."

If no objections, The Witness will teleport the party once they're ready.

Crunch:

Casting teleport to Tzekal...
Arcanospatial Navigation: 1d100 ⇒ 20

...and on to Marow.
Arcanospatial Navigation: 1d100 ⇒ 12


Cleric 9 (Theologian) HP:108/90 AC:26 TO:15 FF:22 F:10(12) R:9 W:13 Percept:+21 Sense Motive:+17 Init:+4 Fire Resist:10 CMD:15 Active effects:bears endurance, angelic aspect,shield other(Fen),Blessing of the mole

"That sounds like a terribly efficient plan." Gavin says with a smile.
At least we'll have a little time to rest

Once they are settled safely into a quiet space in Morow, Gavin again begins writing, trying desperately to foresee the pitfalls their path may lead to.

sounds like a plan. once in Marow I'll do some scribing.

scrolls crafted:

daylight-1
invisibility purge-1
remove curse-1
water breathing-1

ant haul, communal-1
calm emotions-1
ironskin-1


female human vigilante 9 | HP 90/90 | AC 29(31 with blessing) T 18 F 22 | CMB +16, CMD 22 | F: +6, R: +14, W: 9 (+2 vs disease/fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None

"Not one single objection." Lyra says to the plan. In the morning though Seth will emerge, being the more social of the twins.


Map of Cardriss; Language Guide

Before anyone arrives in the ruins, the Seekers gather around the Witness and slip through the endless nothingness to arrive in the garden at Tzekal.

Are you going to pay the lady of the house for your stop or disappear right away and hope your stop goes unnoticed? If the former, do you plan to do anything before leaving (shopping, further study of the garden, breakfast)?


Cleric 9 (Theologian) HP:108/90 AC:26 TO:15 FF:22 F:10(12) R:9 W:13 Percept:+21 Sense Motive:+17 Init:+4 Fire Resist:10 CMD:15 Active effects:bears endurance, angelic aspect,shield other(Fen),Blessing of the mole

The travelers stay only moments, but that is long enough for Gavin to arrange some silver and gold coins into the intricate shape of a flower on the stone bench where he meditated.

leaving 20 gold, then we're off


Map of Cardriss; Language Guide

After another disorienting jaunt through the emptiness beyond things, the Seekers appear in Marow, a small town on the cobblestone road that runs from Korryn all the way to Izar, just west of the road that leads up to Borroka. Seth, Gavin, and the Witness have all passed through here before on their way to Korryn and the Tower.

Marow truly is more of a village than a town. There are only a score of buildings, most of which are low, stone structures with thatched roofs. At its center, flanking the road, are: two inns with stables; a tavern and brothel; a municipal building that houses a courthouse and watch barracks; and, a general store. Down an alley to the south there are signs for a smith and a tanner, and another alley to the north has a sign for an apothecary. The rest of the buildings appear to be residences; there are two large, fancier ones near the center of town and the ones on the outskirts are surrounded by thawing farmlands.

Alright, what are the plans for the entire day?


Cleric 9 (Theologian) HP:108/90 AC:26 TO:15 FF:22 F:10(12) R:9 W:13 Percept:+21 Sense Motive:+17 Init:+4 Fire Resist:10 CMD:15 Active effects:bears endurance, angelic aspect,shield other(Fen),Blessing of the mole

Gavin takes about half an hour to reacquaint himself with the village, then he secures a good size room for the group at one of the inns.

After a quick meal (with anyone who would like to join him) he retires to the room to continue preparing for the journey ahead.

scribing scrolls from about 10am to 6pm, if nothing interrupts me.


male vigilante(social form) 9 | HP 90/90 | AC 27 T 18 F 22 | CMB +16, CMD 22 | F: +6, R: +14, W: 9 (+2 vs disease/fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None

Seth will peddle his services to pass the time, not really to make money, more to find out anything interesting that might be interesting.

diplomacy to gather infor: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 34


Map of Cardriss; Language Guide

Seth:
You spend the late morning and early afternoon cleaning and fixing the shoes of travelers passing through town. One watchmen eyes you on several passes. When he discovers you aren't taking money he seems confused, but satisfied that you're neither panhandling nor soliciting.

Most of the conversations you overhear are idle prattle about local gossip, or planning on the part of travelers coming to and from Korryn. One conversation does stand out though... a pair of sketchy looking Atlaean men headed east were discussing a magical ruin where one of their cousins has set up shop with a handful of bandits to rob scholars and the like. They mention it being 'halfway from here to Izar' and 'a big square stone pillar'... which makes you wonder if they aren't talking about the eastern anchor?


male vigilante(social form) 9 | HP 90/90 | AC 27 T 18 F 22 | CMB +16, CMD 22 | F: +6, R: +14, W: 9 (+2 vs disease/fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None

When Seth gets back to the room, he'll settle his tools on the floor and set to cleaning them. Carefully putting each and every one of them back in its place once he is done. While he works, he tells about the days gossip, "An Atlaean man in calf hide boots with a split heel was talking about a cousin robbing scholars in a magical ruin halfway between here and Izar, around a big square stone pillar. Sound a bit like the description of the eastern anchor?"


Stack-Dweller, Iris Gardener | Male Human Wizard (Scroll Scholar) (Diviner) 9 | HP: 63/63 | AC: 24 (T 17, FF 21) | CMD: 18 | F +6, R +9, W +10 | Init +18 | Darkvision 30, Perception +25; Sense Motive +4| Speed 30' | SLA id:3/3; cl:3/3 | Spells: 1st 5/7; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 1/5; 4th 3/4; 5th 2/3 | Extend Rod: 2/3 | Active effects: mage armor, endure elements, illusion of calm & aura sight 7/9 minutes, telepathic bond 90m, see invisibility 180m

The Witness will join Gavin in scrollwork, and spend the day scribing most of a teleport scroll.

"It does indeed. Well done, Crow."


Male NG Orc Inquisitor 9 | HP 99/99 | AC 23 (currently 24) T 15 F 21 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +10, R: +7, W: 12 | Init: +5 | Perc: +15, SM: +20 | Speed 20ft | Bane: 6/9 | Judgement 2/3| Discern Lies 9/9 | Spells: 1st 0/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 2/4 | Active conditions: Wrath (6 rounds), Divine Favor (7 rounds), Channel Vigor (limbs) (7 rounds), tactical acumen (8)

Fenrick gets pulled through space again twice in a row. The feeling is dizzying when it happens but back to back really throws him off.

When we make it to the new village, Fenrick sticks with Gavin for his meal. It is always a delight to share in conversation.

The only errands that Fenrick has for the day off is that he wants to sample the local coffee. He goes to the tavern and orders a coffee, in hope that the beans are a local.

I assume this village will be too small to find 1000gp of special oils for my new reincarnate ability?


Cleric 9 (Theologian) HP:108/90 AC:26 TO:15 FF:22 F:10(12) R:9 W:13 Percept:+21 Sense Motive:+17 Init:+4 Fire Resist:10 CMD:15 Active effects:bears endurance, angelic aspect,shield other(Fen),Blessing of the mole

"While it is disheartening to hear that there may be trouble near the next anchor, it is certainly valuable to know that ahead of time. Good work, Seth."


Map of Cardriss; Language Guide

Upon arrival, Gavin secures a room at the closer of the nearly identical inns. He and Fenrick sit down to a hearty breakfast of eggs, sausages, crusty bread, and raspberry preserves. No coffee is grown locally and Fenrick is slightly disappointed with stale blend of southern Atlaean beans that he receives. Not quite as disappointed, however, as he is with the number of wary glances his presence provokes.

Fenrick:
You head over to the apothecary to see what they have available. The accessible part of the shop is only one sparsely furnished room, about fifteen feet square. Handfuls of traditional herbs, 'medicine' bags, and tinctures are on display on the smattering of tables and shelves. A long counter cuts off the last third of the room and on the wall behind it are shelves that appear to be full of actual alchemical concoctions and magical potions. A door on that wall stands open and through it you can see a workshop with all manner of reagents scattered across a large table.

While you're standing there taking in your surroundings, a young half-elven woman emerges from the workshop and smiles warmly at you. "Good morning," she says brightly, then in almost a whisper she adds, "don't worry, my husband's a half-orc, you are welcome here... so, what can I get for you?"

You're pleased to learn that they do, in fact, sell a variety of anointing oils. Although the quantity you need will clear out their stock, she is more than happy to sell it to you.


Stack-Dweller, Iris Gardener | Male Human Wizard (Scroll Scholar) (Diviner) 9 | HP: 63/63 | AC: 24 (T 17, FF 21) | CMD: 18 | F +6, R +9, W +10 | Init +18 | Darkvision 30, Perception +25; Sense Motive +4| Speed 30' | SLA id:3/3; cl:3/3 | Spells: 1st 5/7; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 1/5; 4th 3/4; 5th 2/3 | Extend Rod: 2/3 | Active effects: mage armor, endure elements, illusion of calm & aura sight 7/9 minutes, telepathic bond 90m, see invisibility 180m

"Tell me, Crow - what are your thoughts on our trials at the Southern Anchor?"


male vigilante(social form) 9 | HP 90/90 | AC 27 T 18 F 22 | CMB +16, CMD 22 | F: +6, R: +14, W: 9 (+2 vs disease/fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None

Seth considers the question "That thing impersonating my sister was one of the worst things I faced... in a long time." not ever, wasting away in a plague killed town would be that, always. "Other than that, I still don't completely understand the entire thing. We made choices. Were they anything other than picking tools to defeat our foes? I choose what made sense to me, though what I came out with seems alien and odd, more my sister than me." he held up his hand, giving a slight sniff, seeing smells like colors weave around his digits.

"This blessing, of the Soul, right? We received it after killing something. What does that say about our souls?" he shrugs, deciding maybe he is overthinking things, but still feeling something is wrong with it all.

251 to 300 of 436 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Tower of Ages All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.