The Tower of Ages

Game Master Giant Halfling

Map of Cardriss, The Seeker's Seal, Language Guide


451 to 458 of 458 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

female human vigilante 9 | HP 90/90 | AC 29(31 with blessing) T 18 F 22 | CMB +16, CMD 22 | F: +6, R: +14, W: 9 (+2 vs disease/fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None

**Have we asked how much they want?** Lyra asks from somewhere in the dark.


Map of Cardriss; Language Guide

I suspect that was more of an encouragement than an actual question, but if anyone is having trouble keeping everything straight- no, nobody has asked what they want. Also, Lyra, you're running out of decent cover... you can make it to about 10' behind the one at 10:30, if you want to get behind Marko and the half-elf you'd have to either move out into the open or get prone and crawl through the grass (you can hide just in the dark and approach them but if any of them has darkvision or anything they'll automatically see you).

*Make one check and read both if you hit the higher DC*

DC 20 knowledge (local):
These ruins are outside the borders of any of the Atlaean city-states, so property ownership is a little bit fuzzy. Living on the location, with a small militia to defend it, gives him as strong a claim of ownership as the vast majority of independent settlements in the region. There is a very small duchy about about 100 miles north of here (on the road from Korryn to Izar) but it would be extremely surprising if they claimed territory this far out.

DC 30 knowledge (local):
The aforementioned Duchy of Holzburg is actually an independent kingdom but the founder thought calling it a duchy was less likely to attract rivals. The hereditary 'duke' doesn't answer to any outside power. Their lands only extend about 10 miles south of the road.

As Gavin becomes even more aggressive, the fanned out men show signs of getting antsy again, but Marko raises his hand once more and they relax, very slightly. "So... you intend to prove that we are cowards by murdering us and taking what you want by force? After you yourself remarked that those were the very marks of a coward? Surely, on some level, you must recognize the inconsistency of those two ideas?"


Cleric 9 (Theologian) HP:108/90 AC:26 TO:15 FF:22 F:10(12) R:9 W:13 Percept:+21 Sense Motive:+17 Init:+4 Fire Resist:10 CMD:15 Active effects:bears endurance, angelic aspect,shield other(Fen),Blessing of the mole

"We intend to not pay thieves, and you yourself have said that results in violence, I was speaking of your past actions, not my current ones. Your twisted logic is a poor mask for your dastardly behavior. What we want does not belong to you, as is therefore, not something you should be paid for."


female human vigilante 9 | HP 90/90 | AC 29(31 with blessing) T 18 F 22 | CMB +16, CMD 22 | F: +6, R: +14, W: 9 (+2 vs disease/fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None

local: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23

**Just claiming a place doesn't make it theirs, though no one else is close enough to. The closest place that could is 100 miles away. I'm here, by the way, a little behind the one with that stupid hairdo, no not that one, the spikes with the flowers.**

Lyra will stop where she is at then, behind 10:30


Stack-Dweller, Iris Gardener | N Male Human Wizard (Scroll Scholar) (Diviner) 9 | HP: 63/63 | AC: 24 (T 17, FF 21) | CMD: 18 | F +6, R +9, W +10 | Init +18 | Darkvision 30, Perception +25; Sense Motive +4| Speed 30' | SLA id:3/3; cl:3/3 | Spells: 1st 5/7; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 1/5; 4th 3/4; 5th 2/3 | Extend Rod: 2/3 | Active effects: mage armor, endure elements, illusion of calm & aura sight 7/9 minutes, telepathic bond 90m, see invisibility 180m

**His rhetoric isn't inaccurate under common feudal custom. Historically the fundamentals of land ownership are claiming ownership and then defending that claim against those who disagree. In the current situation, we are the party in disagreement.

No recognized nation lays claim to this land; in the vernacular, it's "no man's land." He would have it be Marko's land, with the authority to collect taxes - robbery to those who don't recognize that authority. The Duchy of Holzburg one hundred miles north was founded in a similar manner, its current legitimacy gained from the weight of age and success. It's not inconceivable that in a hundred years Marko III might reign over a kingdom here. Though that rather depends upon our course of action tonight.

Gavin, if your goal is to convert these men then we'll get no rest tonight; they appear quite firm in their beliefs. Are we willing to barter for safe accommodations or are we going to remove them by force? If the latter, I favor a proactive element of surprise, which The Pigeon can currently provide. Provoking them into attacking first is tactically suboptimal, legally unnecessary, and arguably morally disingenuous.**

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34


female human vigilante 9 | HP 90/90 | AC 29(31 with blessing) T 18 F 22 | CMB +16, CMD 22 | F: +6, R: +14, W: 9 (+2 vs disease/fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None

**What he said** Pigeon agrees with the Witness.


Male NG Orc Inquisitor 9 | HP 99/99 | AC 23 T 15 F 21 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +10, R: +7, W: 12 | Init: +5 | Perc: +15, SM: +20 | Speed 20ft | Bane: 9/9 | Judgement 2/3| Discern Lies 9/9 | Spells: 1st 6/6 2nd 5/5 3rd 4/4 | Active conditions:

sense motive: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 20 = 40
knowledge local: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

I have my weapon readied just like your friends do. It means no more aggressive intent than you do. I take my stance to be defensive in case either of our groups get a little too eager.

**The leader is confident in his troop, but doesn't want to fight. It is bold to have such confidence in the presence of a caster who can bounce around through space. If we are so far from civilization, how can this man lead such a powerful group and support them? Are enough people coming out to the ruins?**


Cleric 9 (Theologian) HP:108/90 AC:26 TO:15 FF:22 F:10(12) R:9 W:13 Percept:+21 Sense Motive:+17 Init:+4 Fire Resist:10 CMD:15 Active effects:bears endurance, angelic aspect,shield other(Fen),Blessing of the mole

**I am not willing to barter for passage. There is no real safety to be gained by bargaining with these men, and Marko's preferences make a 'Marko III' fairly unlikely. We all have darkvision from Blessing of the Mole, if I drop the light, that will be the signal to strike.**

perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (6) + 21 = 27 can I see Lyra or any hidden threats of Markos?

451 to 458 of 458 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Tower of Ages All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.