Cartmanbeck's Age of Ashes - PF2 Play-by-post

Game Master cartmanbeck

Google Slides Maps


901 to 950 of 1,239 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

LN male human fighter 3 | HP 25/47 | AC 21 | F+9 R+7 (Bulwark) W+9 | Perc +9 | 25ft | Active Conditions:

"Ash!! These are imps!! They are immune to fire! I've read about them in my studies!" Isiros shouts. "They're reseistant to physical and poison, but weak to good damage"


CN male goblin oracle 3 | HP 36/36 | AC 18 | F +7 R +10 W +6 | Perc +4 | Stealth +8 | 25 ft.

Ash glares at the yellow imp. "Back off my friends, buddy. Us dragons eat imps."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

His glare is so intimidating it hurts the imp's brain. The confusion of his words probably didn't help, either.
Daze spell. Basic Will DC 18 (-1 or -2 from Demoralize) vs 4 mental damage. Crit fail results in stunned 1 in addition to the double damage.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Will: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 1 = 23 The imp is scared of the small gobbo, but is able to resist his spell partially anyway. 2 mental damage, per the rules on basic saves.

The other imp then attempts to make Zim help the imps instead of his friends.
Zim, please make a Will save, DC 17. If you fail, you can't take hostile actions against the imps or boar.

It then stabs at the flanked Alak again with its stinger.

stinger: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 damage: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2 plus evil: 1d4 ⇒ 1 Alak Fort save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 But it misses him.

The boar then tries to gore Alak as well.
Tusk: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 damage: 1d10 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9 It gets a good tuskfull of his belly, opening a large gash.

Round 1 - Bold can act
Abalyn
Imp [yellow] (-2, frightened 1)
Alak (-18, clumsy 1)
Ash
Isiros
Imp [blue] (-11)
Boar
Zim
Hawk


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Hawk tries good old reliable Acid Splash on yellow...
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Acid damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1+1 splash damage

Doesn't look likely to be a hit.


NG Gnome Transmutation Wizard 3 AC 17 | F +7 R +7 W +8 | Perc +6 | Stealth +2

Will save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Hero point
Will save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 Success!

Zim shakes off the effects of the Imp, not falling for his tricks. Then he casks Electric Arc at the two imps.

Yellow imp damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Blue imp damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Both get basic Reflex saves

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Reflex yellow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 2 damage
Reflex blue: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 8 damage

The imp nearest to Zim is relatively unaffected by his spell, but when the electricity arcs to the second imp, it causes enough damage to cause the creature to fade back to its own plane.

Round 2 - Bold can act
Abalyn

Imp [yellow] (-4, frightened 1)
Alak (-18, clumsy 1)
Ash
Isiros
Boar
Zim
Hawk


CG Female Human Investigator 3 HP 32/32 | AC 20| F +5 R +10 W +10 | Perc +10 (+11 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

Abalyn studies the yellow imp and attempts to strike it.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Assuming that beats its Will DC

Stab: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Piercing: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10

”Thanks for tanking this fight once again, Alak.”

Battle Medicine on Alak: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

”Hm. That didn’t work as well as I would have liked.”

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Abalyn hits the imp with a nice, solid stab. It looks very much worse for the wear.

Its wounds start to close up pretty quickly, though. It turns toward her and tries to stab her several times with its stinger.
heals: 1d6 ⇒ 1
stinger: 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 1 = 26 damage: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1 plus evil: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Abalyn Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Despite its well-placed sting, it does little damage to her, and she ignores its poison.

Round 2 - Bold can act
Abalyn (-2)
Imp [yellow] (-10, frightened 1)
Alak (-18, clumsy 1)
Ash
Isiros

Boar
Zim
Hawk


LN male human fighter 3 | HP 25/47 | AC 21 | F+9 R+7 (Bulwark) W+9 | Perc +9 | 25ft | Active Conditions:

"They're little match for us!" shouts Isiros as he strikes the imp and then moves into a flanking position for the boar.
Power Attack Imp w/ Halberd: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 piercing damage: 2d10 + 4 ⇒ (4, 8) + 4 = 16

Actions: 1-2 Strike Imp. 3 Stride (activate AoO from boar if it has one)

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Isiros cleaves the other imp into twi equal pieces, then it disappears.

Round 2 - Bold can act
Abalyn (-2)
Alak (-18, clumsy 1)
Ash
Isiros
Boar
Zim
Hawk


CN male goblin oracle 3 | HP 36/36 | AC 18 | F +7 R +10 W +6 | Perc +4 | Stealth +8 | 25 ft.

Ash eyes the boar dubiously, then roars at it.
Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Not much of a roar, mind. But, he's also a goblin.

His strange behavior is still hurting brains, though.
Daze again. 4 Mental damage, Will save 18.

"Abalyn, want a pet boar to go with the pet bear?" Ash asks. Then he muses more quietly to himself. "Though, it'll be harder to find a buar or biar."

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Will save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 The boar steels itself against the mental onslaught. Seeing its current situation, it shifts back to its normal form, that of an imp!

Then the imp casts a spell and turns invisible! I don't THINK an innate spell grants an attack of opportunity. Can someone try to verify that for me?

Round 2 - Bold can act
Abalyn (-2)
Alak (-18, clumsy 1)
Ash
Isiros
Boar-that-was-actually-an-imp
Zim
Hawk


LN male human fighter 3 | HP 25/47 | AC 21 | F+9 R+7 (Bulwark) W+9 | Perc +9 | 25ft | Active Conditions:

Per hangouts, AoO

Isiros notices the imp casting a spell and reacts with another strike
AoO w/ Halberd vs Imp: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 Piercing damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

The imp is hit, but still flitting around.

Round 2 - Bold can act
Abalyn (-2)
Alak (-18, clumsy 1)
Ash
Isiros
Boar-that-was-actually-an-imp (-7)
Zim
Hawk


NG Gnome Transmutation Wizard 3 AC 17 | F +7 R +7 W +8 | Perc +6 | Stealth +2

"It disappeared! But it couldn't have moved far! Can anyone tell where it went?"

For 1 action, Zim will Seek for the Imp in the general direction of where it last was seen.


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Assuming Zim detecting it and it becoming "hidden" to Zim doesn't make it "hidden" to me, and it will still be invisible to me, I'll also be seeking it on my turn, so if GM wants to make my secret perception roll too to save time, you can.


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Alak would have gotten the AoO as well...

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Alak's attack connected, but the imp was still kicking, so it does go invisible.

Awaiting Perception checks from both Zim and Hawk.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

spoiler=Perceptions]
Zim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Hawk: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
[/spoiler]

Zim doesn't know where it might be, but Hawk at least knows where the creature is hidden.


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Have noticed a flicker of movement Hawk shouts to his friends "there" and points to where the imp is hidden.

He then cast Guidance on Zim. "Hit him!"

Seek, Point Out, Cast a Spell


NG Gnome Transmutation Wizard 3 AC 17 | F +7 R +7 W +8 | Perc +6 | Stealth +2

Zim looks in the direction Hawk is pointing, but doesn't see anything... except, was that a hint of shadow? Zim quickly casts Electric Arc.

Hidden: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Electic damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 basic Reflex save for the imp.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 While you don't see it happen, you hear the sizzle of the imp being shocked by Zim's spell, and hear a thump as it hits the ground, then disappears. Out of Combat.


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Hawk will cast detect magic all around the room.

Silver Crusade

Abalyn medicines Alak.

Medicine 15: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Heals: 2d8 ⇒ (7, 4) = 11

Medicine 15: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Heals: 4d8 ⇒ (8, 6, 5, 2) = 21


LN male human fighter 3 | HP 25/47 | AC 21 | F+9 R+7 (Bulwark) W+9 | Perc +9 | 25ft | Active Conditions:

"Thanks for taking the punches once again Alak." Isiros remarks half jokingly. He then searches the room while Abalyn stitches Alak up.
Searching: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Hawk sees no magic in the room... the summoning circle on the floor seems to have been spent.


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

After the group searches the room, Abalyn will check for traps on the only other door out of the room, then Isiros will open it.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

The adventurers open the door.

Floor-to-wall shelves here still hold a few rotted provisions
and cooking utensils, though the room is disastrously filthy
and has clearly been ransacked.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

The group easily finds some salvagable food, enough for 8 rationed meals, and Alak pulls a silver dagger out from a drawer, which had clearly been used just to cut meat previously.


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

After double checking for magic, the group divides the spoils, then checks and moves through the door to the east. When they enter, Abalyn is on the scene.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Rows of long, slender dining tables sit in skewed rows
throughout this room. Broken chairs are scattered
throughout the chamber, and the entire room has an air of
disuse and disarray.

Although it was once a mess hall where rank-andfile
Hellknights took their meals, this room has now
been looted nearly beyond recognition.

Still nothing for Abalyn to find with her scene-ish-ness. LOL


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Assuming our searches of the room turn up nothing, we'll continue east to investigate the carving on the altar we saw earlier.

Earlier description of this room.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Perceptions: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Perceptions: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Abalyn, upon searching the altar more closely, finds a small hidden drawer toward its base. Upon opening it, she finds a cache of about ten small Order of the Nail insignias, which Alak is excited to see.
"These insignias were considered sacred to the Order. I would very much like to return those to my brethren in Varisia, if you'll allow me to do so."

Abalyn also finds several small books inside the drawer, detailing the Order of the Nail’s traditional drills and procedures, though many of the pages are faded and partially eaten by vermin over the years. She is able to piece together a list of recruits' names, along with indication of who had been issued "temporary order badges", which you think the 10 insignias are more of.


CG Female Human Investigator 3 HP 32/32 | AC 20| F +5 R +10 W +10 | Perc +10 (+11 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

”They seem to be temporary order badges, which are probably more of use to you than to us.” Sarenrae knows I don’t plan to recruit any Hellknights to my staff.


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Having searched the room, the group heads back towards the west through the more southern of the two remaining doors.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

The group searches several small rooms nearby, finding nothing of interest.
This side of the citadel has been entirely explored.


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

The group will continue to the northwest, checking for traps and searching room until we find something of interest.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

The group finds a simple hallway leading around the courtyard to the other end.


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

The group heads through the first northern door they come to. After doing the normal check for traps, Isiros opens the door.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Percpetion: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

The party does not see any traps or hear anything through the door, and Isiros opens it.

This wrecked room holds toppled shelves and filing
cabinets. Its southwestern wall has entirely collapsed,
revealing the verdant weeds and undergrowth outside.

GM rolls:

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

The group hears some low squeaking (like that of a rodent) coming from the undergrowth, and Abalyn notices three big rats, all of which turn their attention to the party.

Inits:

rat red: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
rat blue: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
rat green: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Abalyn: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Alak: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Zim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Hawk: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Isiros: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Ash: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Alak is first into the room, and a rat hisses at him, causing him to swing his sword at it.
greatsword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

He destroys a rat and steps forward toward another.

Round 1 - bold can act
Alak
Abalyn
red rat
Isiros
Hawk
Zim
blue rat
Ash


CG Female Human Investigator 3 HP 32/32 | AC 20| F +5 R +10 W +10 | Perc +10 (+11 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

Abalyn moves up to the red rat, studies and stabs it.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Piercing: 1d6 ⇒ 5 + Piercing if 13 beats Will DC: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Abalyn stabs deep into the rat, almost killing it, but it's able to shimmy up her sword and try to bite her hand.

bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
bite 2: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 5 = 9 damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
bite 3: 1d20 + 9 - 10 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 10 = 17 damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

But it is unable to gain purchase, and misses her with all of its attacks.

Round 1 - bold can act
Alak
Abalyn
red rat (-8)
Isiros
Hawk
Zim

blue rat
Ash


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Hawk steps into the room and casts Electric Arc at the two remaining rats.
Electricity damage red: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Electricity damage blue: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Basic Reflex save DC 18


LN male human fighter 3 | HP 25/47 | AC 21 | F+9 R+7 (Bulwark) W+9 | Perc +9 | 25ft | Active Conditions:

Isiros strides and attempts to strike blue
Power Attack w/ Halberd vs blue: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29 Damage piercing: 2d10 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 = 9

Actions 1. stride, 2-3 power attack


NG Gnome Transmutation Wizard 3 AC 17 | F +7 R +7 W +8 | Perc +6 | Stealth +2

Zim isn't quite sure if the rats are dead yet, so he also zaps them.

Electricity damage red: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Electricity damage blue: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Basic Reflex save DC 18

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Between the three adventurers, they cook and slice the last two rats. Out of Combat.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

The group notices a mostly-eaten corpse in the corner of the room, on which is a belt pouch containing two minor healing potions.

Where next? There's a door to the north and one to the east.


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

After Alak and Isiros each take a potion of minor healing, the group will head north.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

The group opens the northmost door.

Rows of desks here are bolted to the floor, though many of
the cramped work spaces have been smashed to pieces or
otherwise defaced. Wooden chairs have been thrown aside
like discarded playthings.

GM rolls:

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

As they cross the threshold, Abalyn and Isiros notice some sort of leathery thing hanging from the beams of the ceiling. It unfurls, revealing a monstrous bat!

Inits:

bat: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Abalyn: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Alak: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Isiros: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Ash: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Hawk: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Zim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Alak moves into the room first, drawing his halberd so he can reach the thing.
halberd: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Ha! crit, but on minimum damage. WOMP WOMP.

Round 1- bold can act
Alak
Ash
Hawk
Isiros

bat (-10)
Abalyn
Zim


CN male goblin oracle 3 | HP 36/36 | AC 18 | F +7 R +10 W +6 | Perc +4 | Stealth +8 | 25 ft.

Ash glares at the bat. "We're clearing house for the goblins. Out out."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

And then lobs his signature warning ball of fire. Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Fire: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Persistent Fire: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Crit for 14. Also it's on fire now.


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Hawk enters the room and casts Produce Gravel.
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Bludgeoning damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Stride, Cast a Spell (x2)


LN male human fighter 3 | HP 25/47 | AC 21 | F+9 R+7 (Bulwark) W+9 | Perc +9 | 25ft | Active Conditions:

Isiros strides twice trigger AoO if it has one, and if it was given a reaction before it's first turn and strikes.
Strike w/ Halberd: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 Bat is flanked Damage piercing: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Actions. 1. stride. 2. stride. 3. strike

901 to 950 of 1,239 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Cartmanbeck's Age of Ashes - PF2 Play-by-post All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.