[GDVIII]GMGrumpelStiltzkin PFS #10-1 Oathbreakers Die (Inactive)

Game Master GrumpelStiltzkin

Maps
Notes
Etna


151 to 200 of 223 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Resources:
Alter Self : Racial 1 min. Metamorph 1 hour. Mutagen (+4 Str, -2 Int) 1 hour | Inspiration 1/2
HP 11/11 | AC 13 (T 10 FF 13) | CMD 12 | Saves 4/2/0 | Perception +0 | Init +0 | CG Female Ganzi Alchemist (Metamorph) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | Inspired |

"Okay. Then stay here. If we're not back in two days, you probably should hightail it out of here." Khari smiles.

"Hmm, I can pretend to be one of the assassins. Maybe I can pretend to be Brandur? If news hasn't spread about the assassin's death, I can claim the job was done, or something." Khari shrugs. "It's worth a shot."

The Exchange

NG Human Female Ninja 1 [AC 16 (T 13, FF 13) | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +0 | Init +5, Perception +4]

Pretending to be Ilchok may be better. Even if word got out about the fight, you can pretend you were wounded and escaped."

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Ranger 2 HP 20/20 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | SM +2 Effects:

Assuming he found nothing around the outside of the building, Waggi heads inside with the others. "Is there an upstairs? Are we staying here or heading out, need to know." He keeps his attention on the windows for any passerby's.


Male

Waggi, sorry forgot but you found nothing around the house.


Male

The Pathfinders leave Timinic in his safehouse and head out to the hideout.

You enter the first room of the hideout. This room is dark and you must provide your light source or have a way of seeing. After figuring out how you are going to see I will post an update on this room.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:3 CMD:18 | Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9 |
Skills:
DD+14, KnLoc+4, Stealth+11

Wymarc activates his ioun torch and draws his bow...

The Exchange

NG Human Female Ninja 1 [AC 16 (T 13, FF 13) | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +0 | Init +5, Perception +4]

Is one light source good enough for all of us? Tsuan is ... unprepared.

Liberty's Edge

Resources:
Alter Self : Racial 1 min. Metamorph 1 hour. Mutagen (+4 Str, -2 Int) 1 hour | Inspiration 1/2
HP 11/11 | AC 13 (T 10 FF 13) | CMD 12 | Saves 4/2/0 | Perception +0 | Init +0 | CG Female Ganzi Alchemist (Metamorph) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | Inspired |

"Hmm, I don't know what form Ilchok took. You said an elderly woman?" Khari shrugs. "Maybe I'll just stick to bugbear."

Once they are outside the lair, Khari grabs a special potion. "Bottoms up."

Her blood gets warm as boiling water as her horns meld back into her head, her hair withdraws, and...

Liberty's Edge

Alter Self into a Bugbear (for 1 hour) Base Form Chaotic Good HP 11/11 | AC 15 (T 10 FF 15) | CMD 15 | Saves 4/2/0 | Perception +0 | Init +0 | Mutagen 10 minutes (+4 str, -2 Int, +2 Natural Armor)

She forms into a bugbear.

Bugbears have scent and darkvision.

"I have a torch." She grumbles. "I'm not remotely good at stealth, though."

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Ranger 2 HP 20/20 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | SM +2 Effects:

"Aye, I've got torches too but they don't work great with a bow if someone else would carry another." He tosses it to whoever wants, as well as the flint and steel to light it.

He draws out his bow, draws some fresh wax over the string and gives it a few pulls. "Any of you Southerns know much about those shape shifters? I'm guessing they can see in the dark..."

Liberty's Edge

Alter Self into a Bugbear (for 1 hour) Base Form Chaotic Good HP 11/11 | AC 15 (T 10 FF 15) | CMD 15 | Saves 4/2/0 | Perception +0 | Init +0 | Mutagen 10 minutes (+4 str, -2 Int, +2 Natural Armor)

"I can hold the torch. I wield a cestus."


Male

The sound of rushing water echoes throughout this dank cistern as sleet-filled runoff pours in from northern, eastern, and southern channels before emptying through an outlet in the northeast corner. Stone walkways line the walls, with a large platform jutting out into the center of the room. Seven coffin-sized crates float on the water, tethered to the platform’s railings by short chains.

DC 12 Perception:

You notice what appears to be the purple tip of a fungi floating above the waters surface.

Just as the room lights up around you Wymarc is attacked from the water.

Initiative:

Lai: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Khari: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Wymarc: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Kurnak: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Waggi: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Fungus: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:3 CMD:18 | Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9 |
Skills:
DD+14, KnLoc+4, Stealth+11

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

”’Ware the fungi in the water!”

The Exchange

NG Human Female Ninja 1 [AC 16 (T 13, FF 13) | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +0 | Init +5, Perception +4]

Are the map tiles stretched horizontally for a reason? Or did someome just misclick?

Liberty's Edge

Alter Self into a Bugbear (for 1 hour) Base Form Chaotic Good HP 11/11 | AC 15 (T 10 FF 15) | CMD 15 | Saves 4/2/0 | Perception +0 | Init +0 | Mutagen 10 minutes (+4 str, -2 Int, +2 Natural Armor)

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8

"Huh? What?" Khari doesn't notice the fungi.

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Ranger 2 HP 20/20 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | SM +2 Effects:

Perception vs DC12: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Knowledge Nature/Dungeoneering vs Fungus: What is that thing?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

The Northman steps back away from the water and lets and arrow fly at the aggressive fungus. "First I'm I've seen an underwater shroom, must be witch craft here!"

MW Darkwood Cmp Longbow 14STR, Point Blank, Precise Shot: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 71d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9

He's far too distracted by the sight to recognize it, or even hit it.

The Exchange

NG Human Female Ninja 1 [AC 16 (T 13, FF 13) | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +0 | Init +5, Perception +4]

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc CG Warpriest 2 | HP 18/18 | | AC:18 T:12 FF:16 | CMB:5 CMD:17 | Saves F:+6 R:+4 W:+7 | Init:+2 | Per: +3 | Blessings 4/4 | Fervor 2/3

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Kurnak wastes no time and attacks the fungus thing with his nodachi.
Casts divinve favor as a swift action and attacks:
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 251d10 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Male

While the Pathfinders notice and try to identify the fungus, Waggi tries to bury an arrow in it, but it soars past the fungus. Kurnak slashes at it and slices off a tentacle.

The fungus attacks Wymarc with its tentacles.

Tentacles: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Still hurting from losing a tentacle the fungus just misses.

Round 2
Fungus-11
Everyone is up

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Ranger 2 HP 20/20 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | SM +2 Effects:

The Northman doesn't waste any time launching another arrow at the creature. "Shoot first, cook later." He does manage to crack a joke, or at least it 'sounds' like a joke?

MW Darkwood Cmp Longbow 14STR, Point Blank, Precise Shot: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 141d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8

The Exchange

NG Human Female Ninja 1 [AC 16 (T 13, FF 13) | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +0 | Init +5, Perception +4]

Wakizashi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Slashing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Liberty's Edge

Alter Self into a Bugbear (for 1 hour) Base Form Chaotic Good HP 11/11 | AC 15 (T 10 FF 15) | CMD 15 | Saves 4/2/0 | Perception +0 | Init +0 | Mutagen 10 minutes (+4 str, -2 Int, +2 Natural Armor)

"Alright, then." Khari draws her sickle and slices the thing.

Sickle: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:3 CMD:18 | Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9 |
Skills:
DD+14, KnLoc+4, Stealth+11

Wymarc makes an acrobatic move 15' back (to avoid an AoO)...

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

...and fires at the tentacle creature...

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc CG Warpriest 2 | HP 18/18 | | AC:18 T:12 FF:16 | CMB:5 CMD:17 | Saves F:+6 R:+4 W:+7 | Init:+2 | Per: +3 | Blessings 4/4 | Fervor 2/3

Kurnak aims for another strike at the weird fungal creature.
Attack(nodachi): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 141d10 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 = 19
The extra +1 damage is from Kurnak's 'finish the fight' trait.[/ooc]


Male

Waggi misses with another arrow. Lai slashes and cuts off another piece of its tentacle. Wymarc launches an arrow and it sticks right into the fungus. Kurnak tries to finish off the fungus, but just misses.

The fungus, although badly hurt, tries to attack with its tentacles, but it too badly hurt and misses everyone completely.
Tentacles: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Round 3
Fungus -20
Everyone is up

The Exchange

NG Human Female Ninja 1 [AC 16 (T 13, FF 13) | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +0 | Init +5, Perception +4]

test

Wakizashi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Slashing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc CG Warpriest 2 | HP 18/18 | | AC:18 T:12 FF:16 | CMB:5 CMD:17 | Saves F:+6 R:+4 W:+7 | Init:+2 | Per: +3 | Blessings 4/4 | Fervor 2/3

"Dammit!"
Kurnak tries to land a blow through the mess of tentacles.
Attack(nodachi): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 151d10 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 1 = 18

Liberty's Edge

Alter Self into a Bugbear (for 1 hour) Base Form Chaotic Good HP 11/11 | AC 15 (T 10 FF 15) | CMD 15 | Saves 4/2/0 | Perception +0 | Init +0 | Mutagen 10 minutes (+4 str, -2 Int, +2 Natural Armor)

Khari tries again to slash the thing.

Sickle: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

"Yuck, too many tentacles1"

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Ranger 2 HP 20/20 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | SM +2 Effects:

Never stop shooting until the target is dead. Words his Uncle taught him, more than once... Don't worry Uncle, I've got plenty of arrows. He keeps up the arrows.

MW Darkwood Cmp Longbow 14STR, Point Blank, Precise Shot: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 = 161d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:3 CMD:18 | Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9 |
Skills:
DD+14, KnLoc+4, Stealth+11

Wymarc fires two more arrows at the fungus among us...

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 = 10


Male

Lai slashes off a tentacle. Just as he does Kurnak finally finishes off the pesky fungus.

Just as you finish you hear a yell from the next room.

”LEAVE THIS PLACE NOW.”

Treasure:
A bottle of processed violet venom (Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 274) rests atop one of the piles of refuse next to a pair of blue boots embroidered with flowers that would be worth 100 gp if they were properly cleaned.

You continue on.

Give me a few minutes to update the map and get another post up.


Male

A lantern hanging from a hook in the ceiling provides warm light to this musty chamber. A long table bearing a map of Daggermark stands at the room’s center, surrounded by mucky footprints.

As you enter you see two assassins standing around the table discussing business.

The Exchange

NG Human Female Ninja 1 [AC 16 (T 13, FF 13) | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +0 | Init +5, Perception +4]

Do they see us?

Yes: Tsuan keeps distance and holds her wakizashi at her side. "Cladara, why are you killing Pathfinders? Assassination is an honorable profession but there is no honor in this." She keeps an eye on which one responds when she calls out "Cladara."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

No: Tsuan hides in the shadows.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Motherf.......

Liberty's Edge

Alter Self into a Bugbear (for 1 hour) Base Form Chaotic Good HP 11/11 | AC 15 (T 10 FF 15) | CMD 15 | Saves 4/2/0 | Perception +0 | Init +0 | Mutagen 10 minutes (+4 str, -2 Int, +2 Natural Armor)

Khari puts her sickle away but keeps her special potion ready.

"You're killing Pathfinders. Why? That's why we're here."
Dipilomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Ranger 2 HP 20/20 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | SM +2 Effects:

Waggi's never been much for the diplomacy. He keeps his bow drawn in case they want to fight it out. "Lay down your weapons and talk, else..."

Intimidate: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

Grand Lodge

F Halfling cavalier (honor guard) 1/swashbuckler (mouser) 1 | Hp19/19| AC 20 Tc 15 Flat 16 | F+4 R+7 W+2 +2 vs Fear | CMB +0 CMD 14 | Perc +6 | Init +4 | Panache 3 of 3

"Yeah, we can all walk away from this safely. NO need to shed any more blood today.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Male

”We surrender. We surrender.”
The two assassins, seeing the group, surrender before you.

”Cladara, our leader, is in another room that way.”
He points in the direction of the door.

Liberty's Edge

Alter Self into a Bugbear (for 1 hour) Base Form Chaotic Good HP 11/11 | AC 15 (T 10 FF 15) | CMD 15 | Saves 4/2/0 | Perception +0 | Init +0 | Mutagen 10 minutes (+4 str, -2 Int, +2 Natural Armor)

"Uh, that was easy." Khari shrugs and turns toward the door. "Hopefully the leader gives up, too. But I doubt it."

The Exchange

NG Human Female Ninja 1 [AC 16 (T 13, FF 13) | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +0 | Init +5, Perception +4]

We should tie them up.

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Ranger 2 HP 20/20 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | SM +2 Effects:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Not even putting up a fight? No honor or balls on these southerners!

Waggi nods to the two as they surrender "Weapons, toss 'em our way then we be tyin' you up, just in case yer tryin' anyting funny."

Waggi has rope.


Male

If there are no objections then we will continue with tying them up and go on. I'll post in the morning if there isn't.

The Exchange

NG Human Female Ninja 1 [AC 16 (T 13, FF 13) | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +0 | Init +5, Perception +4]

If it matters, Bugbear Khari and Kurnak both have CMB +5.


Male

GM:

Hearing the Pathfinders coming Cladara drinks her mutagen, improving her constitution at the expense of her Charisma. She applies her violet venom to her rapier, using her lasting poison trick to get two uses out of the dose. She drinks her elixir of hiding and hides behind the western table.

Lock Room:

Four trunks are scattered around this room, each built in a different style. Broken lockpicks litter the floor in front of each trunk.

Training Ring:

Fine sand fills a shallow pit at the center of this room. Four straw dummies wearing padded armor stand at each corner of the pit. Solid wooden doors lead out to the north and east, while an arched hallway continues to the south.

Those two rooms are empty. Didn’t think anyone would mind if I posted them together. If there is no complaint I can post again later of the group continuing on. Everyone let me know what marching order you are in.

The Exchange

NG Human Female Ninja 1 [AC 16 (T 13, FF 13) | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +0 | Init +5, Perception +4]

Tsuan would like to be in the middle. She has neither the Perception nor AC to be up front, but does rely on precision damage.

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Ranger 2 HP 20/20 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | SM +2 Effects:

Waggi would prefer to be back/middle-ish as he focuses on ranged.

Waggi eyes up each room quickly before moving towards where the captives said the other shape changer was. I can't think this is gonna be simple. Shifty shifters don't have the strength to stand toe ta toe! Waggi doesn't seem to see the irony in that thought.

Liberty's Edge

Alter Self into a Bugbear (for 1 hour) Base Form Chaotic Good HP 11/11 | AC 15 (T 10 FF 15) | CMD 15 | Saves 4/2/0 | Perception +0 | Init +0 | Mutagen 10 minutes (+4 str, -2 Int, +2 Natural Armor)

"Alright, then." Khari ties them up. "We'll be back for you in a bit."

Khari moves to the front. "Uh, I'll rely on you guys to spot, but I'll take the hit, I guess." She drinks her mutagen.

Grants +2 natural armor bonus, +4 Str, -2 Int for 10 minutes

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue / 3rd | HP:24/24 | AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:3 CMD:18 | Saves F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +9 |
Skills:
DD+14, KnLoc+4, Stealth+11

Wymarc readies his bow, covering Khari while trying to conceal himself as best he can behind Khari's bugbear form, hoping to surprise their foe...

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Grand Lodge

F Halfling cavalier (honor guard) 1/swashbuckler (mouser) 1 | Hp19/19| AC 20 Tc 15 Flat 16 | F+4 R+7 W+2 +2 vs Fear | CMB +0 CMD 14 | Perc +6 | Init +4 | Panache 3 of 3

Etna will take point up front next to Khari with her Rapier ready.


Male

Barracks:

Fine sand fills a shallow pit at the center of this room. Four straw dummies wearing padded armor stand at each corner of the pit. Solid wooden doors lead out to the north and east, while an arched hallway continues to the south.

Cladara: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Stealth: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (17) + 21 = 38
Bomb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Miss: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Initiative:

Lai: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Khari: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Wymarc: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Kurnak: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Waggi: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Etna: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Cladara: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

The Pathfinders move through the rooms with quickness. They are looking for the leader and have no time to waste. As they enter the room they are met with a bomb.

Cladara throws a bomb at the incoming group. She misses. The bomb lands on the table leaving scorch marks.

Wymarc you have stealth.

Liberty's Edge

Alter Self into a Bugbear (for 1 hour) Base Form Chaotic Good HP 11/11 | AC 15 (T 10 FF 15) | CMD 15 | Saves 4/2/0 | Perception +0 | Init +0 | Mutagen 10 minutes (+4 str, -2 Int, +2 Natural Armor)

"I didn't even get to ask for your surrender!" Khari yelps as the bomb explodes nearby. Khari runs around the tables and draws her sickle. "Surround her, quickly!"

151 to 200 of 223 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [GD VIII]PFS #10-1 Oathbreakers Die All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.