Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Simmyish

Welcome to Varisia, and to Sandpoint - a small coastal town located to the west of the region. For the last forty-two years, there hasn't been much trouble in this small coastal town, but that is all about to change.


201 to 250 of 336 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

I think Masdok and Jubrayl just agreed that Masdok's "job" will be getting cozy with the sheriff. Jubrayl was not as forthright about pay as Masdok would prefer, but it sounds like whatever other "work" Jubrayl had in mind is on hold for now. Masdok has nothing else in particular to do but flirt with the owner of the inn.


Male Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician, Tactical Leader) HP 9/9 | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Brydan looked at the purse on the table. Once their "patron" had left he took it and poured it's contents on the table. He eyed it for a moment and then took a fourth. "I'm going to see the church to see if there is an orphanage. If this man is as gracious as he seems, then I imagine we can get him to donate the meat to the church and orphanage." he said before standing up and making his way to the door.


Foxglove replies "oh, I'm just passing through heading to Magnimar, I'm not from here myself. I'm not sure exactly though maybe one of the locals can help you,"

Taking his advice and asking the barmaid if there was someone who might know about the arcane, she suggests you head to the cathedral as maybe Father Zantus could help in identifying the robe.


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

After dinner, Simflay will take her fourth part of the reward and excuse herself from the group and head up to bed. The next day she will head back up to Shell Street and pay a visit to Savah's Armory, looking to buy a light crossbow and some bolts.

"A boar hunt is a great opportunity to provide people with food, but if I am seriously thinking of going along with the others then I will need something more than just a dagger to help with."

Assuming we can buy stuff at normal book price Simflay should be able to get the crossbow and 10 bolts with the money she currently has plus her share of the reward money. How much was that by the way?


Popping into the armory, there are a number of different weapons, there are also masterwork variaties available, and one repeating crossbow that is made with a darkwood and ivory stock with the name "Vansaya" etched on the side.

You can buy a normal crossbow at the normal cost, though you probably would not be able to afford the repeating crossbow which is price tagged at 2,550 gp. The normal light crossbow you can get for usual price, however.


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

[oo]just repeating what Simflay asked, How much was the reward from Foxglove?[/ooc]

Grulyn heads for the cathedral to seek put Father Zantus.

"We found tis' in the Tomb, Maybe ye can tell me something aboot it?"


50 gp in the pouch

Heading to Father Zantus with the robe, he takes a look over it. Taking a few moments, he studies the robes closely.

"Hmm, it's not anything now, at least - it has no further use, but I wouldn't be surprised if you had some resistance in the tomb. This robe used to have something that could summon at least one skeleton. However, it only has limited uses and this one is out. Probably why it was left behind." Zantus replies, handing the robe back to you.


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Yeah, you are quite right. I can't afford the repeating crossbow. Even the normal crossbow would have cleaned me out if not for Foxglove's reward.

Simflay will buy a light crossbow, 10 standard bolts and a small quiver for the bolts.


Handing over the gold, Simflay is able to collect the items she needs.

Will say that if there is nothing else, we'll move on to the next day - so effectively you have had two sleeps between the Skeletons and the hunt, will post that up for tomorrow if everyone has done everything they want to do with their day of downtime.


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Essentially, apart from buying the crossbow, Simflay just spends the day wandering about, seeing what is to be seen in town. In part, she is looking for more detail to refine her map, but mostly this is why she is here. She wants to see more of the world. She left home for the express purpose of seeing new places and meeting new people. So wandering about town taking in the sights and talking to people is exactly her thing. Given it's size and prominence, she definitely wants to go take a look at the Old Light.


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

After hitting a dead end with the robe. Grulyn spends his days helping people do repairs from the goblin attack. Spending his part of the reward money to help pay for the repairs if needed.
At night he spends his time at the Rusty Dragon.


The next day, Aldern meets you all bright an early in the tavern for breakfast. "Well, let's get going - and don't worry, I'm sure Ameiko will cook up our catch," he said with a smile and a look over to the owner of the tavern.

"Well, we can't have you walking there, but don't worry, the least I could do is get you all your own ride. My servants have just gone to pick up some horses from the Goblin Squash Stables. It's only next door so we should meet them outside," Aldern said eagerly.

Once you all were mounted and ready to go, Foxglove leads you out of the town following the southern banks of the Turandarok River, crossing over Tanner's bridge. The destination for the boar hunt is Tickwood Forest, about a mile-and-a-half away from the town.

Tickwood Forest, despite it's name, is a relatively safe area of woodland known to be the home of wild boars, deers, firepelt cougars, and the giant ticks the place is named after.

On the way, Aldern pulls up to be in earshot of everyone and asks "So, when did you guys get together?" he looked towards each of the group. "The way you worked as a team to deal with those goblins the other day, it's like you knew how to complement each other with your skills. That's not something that is easy to learn," he says


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Simflay emerges from her room to meet the day, prepared for the hunt. Dressed in her usual attire she has left her pack and staff in her room. She has a dagger on her belt and her new crossbow and quiver of bolts hang from her back. A waterskin hangs from one shoulder. "Good morning all," she greets her companions, "an exciting day today. I've never been on a boar hunt before."

She gathers some food from the bar and sits at the table to eat her breakfast, stashing away a couple of apples and a small knob of bread in a belt pouch for later.

When Aldern joins the group and gathers them up to leave, she will rise from the table, saying "Good morning Lord Foxglove. Thank you for the invitation today. I'm looking forward both to the hunt and to seeing a bit more of the countryside around Sandpoint."

She looks taken aback at Aldern's casual mention of buying horses but says nothing and quietly follows the rest of the group outside. Upon joining up with Aldern's servants and the horses she pats her one gently on the nose for a moment and fetching out one of her apples, feeds it to the horse. "Hello there, you'll be my friend, won't you?" she murmurs to him, "No running away, or throwing me off, okay?"

With that, she climbs into the saddle, trying her best to look casual and competent but not really carrying it off. After a bit of awkwardness, she manages to haul herself into place. Coming from a farming background she is used to being around horses but not really for riding.
Ride: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

When Aldern rides closer and asks his question, Simflay replies "Oh no, we only met when the goblins attacked the festival. Well, I suppose I can't speak for the others, they might have known each other before. But I only..." here there is the briefest hesitation and glance towards Grulyn, "met them then."

Quick question: Did Aldern's servants come with us, or is it just the four of us and him out on this hunt?


Male Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician, Tactical Leader) HP 9/9 | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Brydan spends the day before checking out the orphanage and making sure to see if their needs are being met. He is will to give a few gold to get them by for the time being. Hopefully, he will be able to offer the boar or perhaps some extra prey to the orphanage when all is said and done.

The next day, Brydan comes down with his bow slung over his back and his quiver full on top of his armor. He nods to the others and to Aldern when he shows up. "Do you intend to do anything with the spare meat? If not, I wouldn't see any harm with sending it to the orphanage. It would help keep the town well stocked and those who are displaced in high spirits." he said smiling.

Looking at the steeds offered, he walks up and runs his hand over one of their flanks. He mounts his steed and simply watches the scenery go by.

I'll just take ten on the riding unless it's required for a roll. We're not in combat so I don't think I need to? It'd be a 15 if so.

He nods his agreement to Simlay's answer. "It is true, but I have been a soldier in the past and hunted alongside others. But, I merely stayed in the back and directed my pet. I hadn't had the proper mindset to bring my weapons to the festival like the others, it was foolish of me not to be prepared." he said simply.


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

Walking out in the morning Grulyn stops in his tracks when he sees that everyone was to ride a horse.
"Ah, Master Foxglove, um did ye know that Dwarves normally don't ride horses? Don't you have a nice wagon or cart to ride on?"
Then hearing Brydan's comment of the orphanage "I like the way ye' think Master Brydan, ye hart is in the right place. I guess I can give it a try for the orphans."
And with that Grulyn attempts to mount his horse without breaking his blasted neck.
Ride: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (2) - 6 = -4

Laying flat on his back looking up at the horse's belly. He give a big sigh.
"Now I understand the goblin hatred of horses."
Getting up, and brushing the dirt off himself. Grumbling about dumb animals.
"For the orphans." he says with clench teeth and tries again. Gripping the saddle tight with both hands. The sound of creaking leather and wood can be heard as he tries to mount the beast again.
Ride: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (12) - 6 = 6
At least he landed on his feet this time Grulyn thinks to himself.

Looking over to Foxglove "Maybe it be best if I just trot along side, yes."


Yeah it's fine to take ten for the check, it's more for narrative than anything, and to answer if the servants are coming, the answer should be cleared up IC after this post :P

Aldern smiles as he watches the dwarf try to mount his horse. "Well, I was going to have Ameiko in the Rusty Dragon cook it up for us, but anything spare I think would be a good idea to give what we don't use to the orphanage," he answered. "Or jump in the cart with my servants, one of them is driving the cart so you can stay in the back and share the ride back with the boar," he laughed.

"So, are you all from Sandpoint or have you traveled from out of town?" Aldern asks the group.


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

"No my lord," Simflay replies to Aldern, "I am not from Sandpoint. I come from north of Galduria. I was just travelling to Magnimar when I happened upon Sandpoint and stopped to see what the festival was about."

Then she frowns slightly as she thinks to herself "But is that it? Is it just chance? Or did the winds push me this way for a reason? To be here, now? I don't know why it is that I can do the things that I can do... is it possible that I am meant to ... help?"


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

Answering Aldern "From Sandpoint ye say, nay I be from the great city of Janderhoff. When I was a wee one I failed at the Hagfish challenge during a trade mission. So I prepared me self and knew that next time I would no fail again. And not fail I did.
These others I figure Togar guided me to them. I just figure that Togar be forging us together to fight a common evil or something. Perhaps it was just the gobbi problem, but I have a feeling it's something bigger. But who knows, gods can be fickle sometimes."

Riding along with his feet dangling off the back of the cart.


Continuing to trot along, Aldern smiles. "The gods do work in mysterious ways, I mean - I thank them that they sent you all to save me, though Rosette didn't make it, unfortunately. I also thank you for acting to save me," he smiles as he then puts his hand up after the half-hour journey to the Tickwood.

Heading into the wood, Aldern and you begin searching for tracks and the hunt officially begins.


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Once Aldern calls a halt and signals the start of the hunt proper, Simflay climbs down off her horse and ties it to the back of the wagon. She then loads her crossbow and begins to search about for tracks, doing her best to be quiet about it.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Survival (for Tracking): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Sadly, although she is pretty quiet, she can find no tracks.
Hopefully someone in our party is a proper tracker and has a skill better than +1 :)


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

Stealth: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (16) - 6 = 10
Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Grulyn hops off the back of the wagon and loads his crossbow. The unmistakable sound of his armor sounds in the woods.
Looking around not really seeing anything.
"So I guess we should go 'here piggy, piggy'."


Aldern chuckles. "If only they would respond to that, would make things much easier," he whispers. "No, we don't want to startle the beast, after all," he continues also keeping an eye out for tracks and moving through the woods.

Aldern then walks up to Simflay "You know, I saw some of the things you did the other evening at the festival. People like you and I can be seen as the underdogs sometimes, but I'm sure the rest of the group appreciated the help. Believe it or not, those little things can make a big difference," he says quietly with a smile.


Male Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician, Tactical Leader) HP 9/9 | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Brydan shakes his head a bit at Grulyn's efforts. He still smiled "It's fine Grulyn, I don't imagine many Dwarves get to hunt often." he said in a bit of a teasing manner.

He moved ahead of the group a bit to get away from the noise just in case and began searching.

Survival with Guidance: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 = 21


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Masdok pockets his share of the gold.

He spends the rest of the day trying to talk to the owner of the inn. Something tells him not to be too forward, so he manages to avoid coming across too strong, but he can't tell if she notices anything other than friendly interest. Not much of one for introspection or emotional intelligence, he ends up just feeling frustrated.

--

The next morning he greets his horse and climbs on. He doesn't look particularly comfortable on the horse, but he seems to be no stranger to being horseback either.

"I've never met any of these ones" he gestures at the party members [/b]"before the goblins started attacking. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, they say, and goblins are enemy to us all.
No, I'm not from around here."[/b]

--

Once they reach the forest, he climbs off his mount and gets into the hunt.

survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 +1 more if we are tracking


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Simflay looks slightly surprised at Aldern's quiet comment. "People like you and I? ... but, but ... he's a noble ..."

"Oh ... um ... well thank you my lord. It's very kind of you to say. But I really didn't do all that much. I just try to ... um, that is ... it was the others who ..." she trails off ...

She blushes slightly as she thinks crossly to herself "Oh for goodness sake! Can't you even just get a proper sentence out?"

Taking a deep breath to reset herself, she smiles slightly and says "You are quite right my lord. We can all only do what we can do. And even small things can make a difference. Perhaps if we all do our small things, then together they will add up to something large."


"There you go, now you start to understand" Aldern smiles as he quietly points into the trees. At first Grulyn and Simflay don't see it, but Masdok and Brydan notice the boar through the trees in the forest, about 120 feet ahead of you. Putting his hand up, Aldern indicates that it's time for quiet as he and the two of you spot the boar.


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Masdok readies his longspear in one hand and pulls out a javelin in the other. He looks at the others and silently nods to indicate his readiness for action.

maybe we should fan out some? The longspear has brace and Masdok has boucoup hit points so he is probably the best one to draw it's attention with the first attack


Male Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician, Tactical Leader) HP 9/9 | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Brydan found himself a bit of treeline to sneak himself up on as he watched Masdok set himself up to catch the Boar's attention.

He pulled out his longbow and settled himself in carefully before drawing the arrow back and waiting for the signal.

Readied Action, Arrow to the Boar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage if hit: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Masdoc heads out and starts to spread out, Brydan firing the first shot. The arrow makes impact as the boar squeals and kicks up. It's not downed yet as it prepares to charge.


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

Grulyn fires his crossbow at the boar.
Crossbow attack: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Then drops the crossbow stepping forward drawing his axe.

AC is 14 with out shield


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Simflay moves across to a point where she can get a clear shot at the boar and takes aim. "Come on now Sim, don't mess this up. Carefully... carefully..."

Crossbow attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
If hits:: 1d8 ⇒ 7

"Arhhh..." she makes a noise of annoyance as her bolt flies off into the trees.


If Masdok wants to do an attack as well, this is technically a surprise round as well


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Masdok positions himself in the boar's path and braces his spear for the boar's approach.

there should be two attacks. One readied attack with brace against the presumed charge, and one after that for the boar provoking for moving while in Masdok's reach

longspear, power attack, brace: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 1 = 18
cold iron, piercing: 2d8 + 12 + 6 ⇒ (7, 1) + 12 + 6 = 26

longspear, power attack, attack of opportunity: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 1 = 6
cold iron, piercing: 1d8 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 3 = 11


With 26 points of damage... the Aoo isn't needed

As the boar charges, Masdok being the closest, he braces himself as the spear pierces right into the boar, finishing it off humanely. Aldern applauds the success of the hunt. The boar is rather large and could easily feed arount twelve people well.

"So, what say you we take this back to the Rusty Dragon and get Ameiko to make a big dinner for us, and Brydan, feel free to take some for the orphanage. I heard you were making enquiries there," Aldern says as he lugs the bear onto a cart nearby where his servants are waiting, and you begin making the return journey to town with your prize.


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

"Nice work wit' the spear, Masdok. I am glad the animal did not suffer."
As Grulyn picks up his crossbow.


Returning back to Sandpoint without issue, Aldern drops the boar in the bar, and gives some to Brydan to take to the orphanage. Ameiko cooks up the boar for you and the group has a good meal.

About halfway through your meal, the tavern door slams open and an elderly Tian man comes charging in starting to bellow out what sounds like a sharp-tongued command in a strange language.

For those who can speak Minkaian:
"Where the hell is my daughter?"

As the rest of the bar turn and look at who is causing a scene, it looks like many of the patrons know him as they all grow very quiet and interested in their meals.


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

Leaning over to one of the patrons Grulyn asks "Who be that one causing all the ruckus? And do ye know what he is jabbering aboot?"


"That's Lonjiku Kaijitsu, Ameiko's father," one of the patrons responds quietly. As Lonjiku walks further into the room, he notices the four of you and says "Oh look who it is, the 'heroes' that endangered the townsfolk for their very presence! Trouble always follows your types. You should have left things to the guards, and people who are trained to deal with such things, your just amateurs, looking for fame where none can be found!" he says towards you in an angry tone.


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

"Now, now sir. There is no need fur talk like that. Yer guards are a fine group, bit they were a wee over matched 'n' needed help. If we did not step in 'n' helped, thar would have been many more of the towns folk hurt if not killed by the gobbies. 'N' as fur training, I guarantee ye sir that ah have fur more training in fighting the gobbies than yer guards men have." Grulyn says in his best diplomatic voice.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
And now things turn nasty


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

For Simflay, the day has been a thoroughly enjoyable one. A fairly quiet ride through the countryside, in the company of several people, including a nobleman, who seem willing to see her as a real person and not just as some sort of low-born serf. A bit of surprisingly brief excitement during the boar hunt. And then a ride back to town where their prize was carved up and cooked into a delicious meal. Although she wishes she could have given a better account of herself in the hunt, she feels the loss of a single crossbow bolt a small price to pay for such a pleasant day.

So it is that the sudden arrival of the elderly Tian man strikes Simflay as particularly discordant to the overall feel of the day. Worse still when he rounds on the party with his accusations of glory-seeking. Mortified by the accusation, she barely manages to whisper out "But ... but ... I wasn't .. I didn't ..." before falling silent.

"But ..." she thinks to herself, "I wasn't looking for fame ... I don't even want to be famous... I was just trying to help... how could I not? But ... he's not wrong, I'm not trained for this sort of thing. Perhaps we should have left things to the guards."


The man just sighs and says "Oh great, Just what we need, a filthy band of vagrants to attract even more trouble to our fine town. We don't need your types..." as his speaking, Ameiko, the owner of the tavern, comes over and says "Father! Leave this fellows alone, we were lucky to have them here, and the rest of the town thinks so. So what do you want?" she asks him.

They begin speaking in Minkaian together.

Minkaian speakers only:
Lonjiku: "It's time we left this town, things have gotten out of hand with the goblin raids. You can either come with me, or I'll cut you out of my will, you will receive nothing."

Ameiko: "I would rather have nothing to do with you anymore, father! You never appreciated me, and now you want to go back to Magnimar? I left that place to get away from you in the first place. Why would I want to go back."

Lonjiku: "Listen here, young lady, I am your Father! And you will do as I say, or else."


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Masdok celebrates surviving his encounter with the boar. "I will enjoy this meal, eh?" He says and wiggles his eyebrows. "Perhaps Ameiko will be impressed."

--

As they eat the meal, Masdok is sure to compliment Ameiko again on her culinary skills. "With my hunting ability and your cooking skills we would make a good team, huh?" He says, giving her a rough smile.

--

Masdok openly laughs at the man's accusations. "Glory seekers! Ha ha! Who ever heard of seeking glory by killing a few goblins? Ha ha ha. Get your head out of your arse, man; I certainly don't remember seeing you slay any goblins that day!"

As the man calls them a filthy band of vagrants, Masdok stands up. "Call me that again, old man, and I'll kick your arse right out the front door." The laughing tone is gone, and he says the words almost quietly; deadly serious.


As the two continue to converse, the man says, shocked "If you think to insult me again, I'll make sure you are sent to the Magnimar jail and they throw away the key, now don't get involved in family business" he says, turning back to the tavern owner.

Minkainan Speakers Only:
Ameiko: "I'm a grown woman now father, I can make my own choices and live my own life."

Lonjiku: "Firstly going off and being an adventurer and then running an inn, this is no way for a noble daughter to spend her life."

Ameiko: "You can take your noble titles and shove them up your ass, father.

There is a look of hurt and surprise, which quickly becomes anger, on Lonjiku's face after they continue to converse.


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

"You're one to talk of insulting." Masdok retorts, biting back another insult. He bites back an offer to help Ameiko deal with the man; he is her father, after all.


Male Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician, Tactical Leader) HP 9/9 | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Brydan bows his head politely as he accepts the gift of the extra food to take to the orphanage and chooses to do just that before he could enjoy himself at the table.

He makes his way across town to deliver the goods and make sure that the less fortunate children get to enjoy a better meal than normal.

Once he has dropped off the meat and a small bit of money 5 gold of his purse to ensure that the orphanage can continue to run comfortably for a while longer...he makes his way back to the inn to enjoy the bounty of their hunt.

Walking in he is surprised by the atmosphere. He looks slightly puzzled between the Shoanti and the owner and a man he could assume is related to her.

"This is an unpleasant mood it seems...was there something that happened while I was gone?" he asked a bit confused.


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

Watch in the father and daughter with some interest. Grulyn responds to Brydan "Aye, this one is saying that we ur th' cause o' all th' troubles wi' th' goblies. Bit ah sure didnae see him during th' attack nor swinging a hammer after to do repairs efter it."

If he lays a hand on her, I will show him the error of his ways. He thinks to himself.


The man seems to have moved on from the group of you and is now focused on Ameiko as they continue to converse

Minkainan:
Lonjiku: You have no respect, you run from your duties, you've been nothing but a disappointment for the family

Ameiko: At least I don't rely on titles to get what I want - now, get out of MY inn!

Lonjiku's face goes red and he lunges towards Ameiko, aiming for the hair. She dodges out of the way and brains him with the soupy ladle she is carrying with her. Covered in fish stock and potatoes, Lonjiku looks shocked and aghast before saying in Common for the whole tavern to hear and understand "You're as dead to me as your mother!"

Lonjiku turns and stomps towards the exit, slamming the door behind him. Ameiko gulps, close to tears at that comment. She picks up her soupy ladle, takes a deep breath and pulls a hair out of the mess. Within earshot of you she says "I'm going to need a well-cleaned ladle now, since jackass stew's not on the menu," which immediately sends the rest of the patrons into a chuckle, which in turn makes her smile slightly before walking over to you. "Thanks for standing up to him, have another free week as thanks, and now I'll include dinner in that as well, I'll bring the boar you bought out for today in five minutes," she says and heads back to the kitchen of the tavern, leaving the ladle on the bar.

Five minutes later she comes out with your meal prepared, and you all eat and enjoy the rest of the evening, Ameiko's mood improving as if the events a little while ago never happened.


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

Being run over by the box text, Grulyn lets him go....for now.

"Lass you alright? What was that all aboot?" Showing concern for her well being.


"That was my father," Ameiko says. "His an arrogant old fool who believes in titles over action. And he wants me to go back home and 'fulfil my duties,' duties I decided I will have no part in long ago," she says "He was OK before mother died, but now he expects me to take her place. Not my job," she shrugs.


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

During the argument and brief tussle between Ameiko and her father, Simflay says nothing. She merely sits still in her chair with her eyes wide.

By the gods, she thinks to herself, this is her father? I don't understand what they are saying... but the tone ... he sounds so angry. Actually, they both do...

When Ameiko explains the situation with her father Simflay says to her "I am so sorry to hear that Sen Kaijitsu, I can't even imagine what it must be like to ... err ... to ...". She stumbles awkwardly to a halt, suddenly and unexpectedly overwhelmed by feelings of homesickness.

She sits quietly at the table for a minute or two more, but the boisterous air in the Inn is too at odds with her sudden turn of melancholy, and she soon says her good nights to the group and heads up to her room and bed for the night.

201 to 250 of 336 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.