Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Simmyish

Welcome to Varisia, and to Sandpoint - a small coastal town located to the west of the region. For the last forty-two years, there hasn't been much trouble in this small coastal town, but that is all about to change.


151 to 200 of 336 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Simflay looks down at the ground, wondering what has disturbed the ground to such a degree.

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

"This is insane," she thinks to herself, "what am I doing here? About to walk down into a tomb, with a group of men I only met yesterday, looking for monsters?. I can hardly believe I'm doing this. Still, if I am here, I might as well try to help"

Glancing through the gap in the doorway she says to Masdok "It looks like it will be dark in there. Let me help.". Then her voice drops to almost a whisper as she says Avoss, issum camin-nos"

Auran:
Grandfather, light our way

She reaches out and touches the haft of his spear, and a puff of wind blows from her hand and up to the tip of the spear. Although the effect is muted out in the daylight, the spear is now clearly glowing with a pale white light.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, a Light spell. Lasts for 10 minutes and sheds normal light in a 20 foot radius. Also increases the light level by one for a further 20 feet.


Male Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician, Tactical Leader) HP 9/9 | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Brydan had been silent in the background while the Sheriff and Father had been speaking with the others. once there was an offer of a room, he gladly took it up to get some rest. He had been ill equipped yesterday because it was the festival and he didn't see fit to be carrying around weapons.

Looking back and reminding himself of what the other people he had fought alongside had done, he felt rather foolish. The people of the town knew that weren't looking for trouble so it would be prudent if one's job required such equipment to have it on hand. After all, it wasn't that uncommon that one might need to defend themselves in these times with his job.

He strapped his quiver and checked that it was filled in the morning and carefully restrung his bow anew to make sure it was in fine order. Once he had made sure everything was in good condition, he went down for a quick meal in the early morning so as not to inconvenience anyone by being tardy.

He met up with the others at the ceremony and soon enough listened to what the Father had to say. It was when they moved on to the sheriff and was about to enter the tomb that he finally spoke up.

"Be mindful Sheriff, your job is to protect the townspeople. Most of us are outsiders, it would be bad if you tried any heroics and go hurt to where you couldn't do your duties." he said with a smile.

He paused at the entrance once the others were ready and reached into his cloak and pulled out a glowing fire beetle. He let it go and watched it fly over to sit in front of the door waiting on them. "This should be a good front runner, He's not quite as strong as a torch but it'll be safer than one of us going first." he offered.

Apologies for the long delay in posting. My 7 month old has been a little sick so as the stay at home dad, it's been my job to deal with it 90% of the time and I've had very little sleep for too long.

The fire beetle is of course one of my summon monsters. I didn't realize they get the free celestial archetype. I'm silly. But the cool benefit of the creature is the create a 10ft light source!


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.
GM Simmy wrote:
"Well, I'll lead the way" the Father says to the Sheriff and the group. Stepping out of the cathedral, you are taken out towards the cemetary. On the way Sheriff Benlock asks you all "So, what's your plans, you going to be staying around Sandpoint for a while?"

"Maybe, if the work is right." The shoanti man says. Only been here one day, saved the town, and already the sheriff is sniffing me out. I'll have to ask Jubrayl about this sheriff...


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Masdok checks the ground for tracks as well.

survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

He nods at Simflay as she lights his spear. "In we go."

He steps inside and looks around.


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

"This not be good for disturbing one's last resting place." Looking and the broken in tomb. "Was the people laid to rest with valuables? Trying to think of why to break in."

"Any of ye lot good and finding tracks it the dirt?" Grulyn asks the party.

And takes a look himself
Survival (track): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Looking at the tracks, you find many sets of footprints, but there are some that are made from a larger humanoid. You see there are about six goblins and one average sized humanoid climbed the nearby wall, then approached and entered the vault. As the door is opened, the fire beetle and light from the staff reveals a twenty foot square room, As the door is opened, two moving sets of humanoid-shaped bones lunge towards you.

Time for some initiative

Skeletons Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Sheriff Belor Hemlock: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Male Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician, Tactical Leader) HP 9/9 | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Brydan quickly attempts to fling some acid on one of the skeletons before they can close ranks completely.

Acid Splash: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage if hit: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Meanwhile the beetle slams into the same skeleton.

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Damage if hit: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Still checking the ground when the attack came. Grulyn is slow to react to the threat. But react he does and swings his Waraxe at one of the skeletons.

Power Attack Waraxe: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 1 = 6
Damage (slashing): 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

But is off balance from the onslaught of the attacking skeletons.


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

will wait to post until I see what the skeletons do. Seems it was
Fire Beetle
Masdok
Grulyn
Brydan
Simflay
In terms of marching order


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Shocked to see undead leaping forth from the crypt when the very worst she was expecting was a goblin, Simflay nonetheless reacts swiftly. Since she is still standing next to Masdok after casting light on his spear, she reaches out and taps him on the shoulder.

Iritosha dua Venshio shuishua malnna-sa

Once again casts Guidance


OK: Inititiave order is set:

Brydan
Simflay
Sheriff Hemlock
Skeletons
Masdok
Grulyn

As the door is opened and the skeletons lunge out, Brydan is quick to respond as he throws a vial of acid at the skeletons, hitting one of them as the acid burns the bones, giving them an even whiter look as the outer layers are corroded away.

The beetle attempts to slam into the skeleton, but passes through one of the gaps of the bone, unable to score a hit.

Simflay quickly taps on Masdok's shoulder and he feels the familiar feeling of the winds surrounding him and bolstering his actions.

Hemlock seeing the skeletons quickly pulls out his longsword, in case either of the skeletons do make it out.

Each one of the skeletons lash out with their claws, the first against the fire beetle.

Skeleton 1 1st claw attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The first claw swings wide as the fire beetle flies out of the way of the clawed hand. The skeleton attempts to strike again with it's other claw

Skeleton 1 2nd claw attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

This time the skeleton makes contact with the fire beetle, trying to strike it out of the air.

Skeleton 1 2nd claw damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The skeleton swats the fire beetle out of the air and squashes it up against the wall, the second skeleton setting it's eyes upon Masdok, stepping forward to attack with it's two claws.

Skeleton 2 1st claw attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

The first claw merely scratches up against Masdok's armor with a screech, but it then takes a very quick successive swing

Skeleton 2 2nd claw attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

The second claw attack however manages to pierce through onto Masdok's chest and the claws scratch at the surface of his skin.

Skeleton 2 2nd claw damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

OK Masdok - your up, followed by Grulyn who has already posted this round


Male Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician, Tactical Leader) HP 9/9 | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Not sure if it matters, but the beetle has 6 HP instead of 4 because of my feat Augmented summon. So the 2nd skeleton may have attacked it as well. The first claw would have hit and killed but that may have prevented the skeleton from getting the second claw attack to attack Masdok. Completely your call of course, just wanted to mention since the beetle would have had 1 hp.


In that case only the second claw attack applies to Masdok, the first hitting and squishing the fire beetle


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Hey all - I'm going to be out of town for the next few days and may not have much access to the internet. Please bot Simflay as necessary. I'll put her next turn below, but after that she'll be the Simflay-1000.

Simflay will take a step to move in behind Masdok and will cast Guidance on him again. If there turn out to be more and we start getting swamped she will boost him with Shield of Faith, but otherwise she will save her first level spells for healing.


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

thanks to combat reflexes, Masdok is not flat footed at the start of the round and, I think, still gets an attack of opportunity

longspear: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
cold iron, piercing: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Masdok stabs at the skeleton as it approaches. Once it is close, he studies it's movements and then punches at it.

spiked gauntlet, power attack, guidance, studied target: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 1 + 1 + 1 = 15
piercing/bludgeoning: 1d4 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 11


Masdock attempts to stab at the skeleton directly in front of him, the spear piercing into the skeleton, bringing it instantly to the ground. The second skeleton still not within range, unless Masdok closes the gap

I'll let you review the gauntlet attack if you wish as the first attack killed the first skeleton... skeletons are weak :P


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

I will change the studied Target into a move action to get within punching range of the other skeleton. -1 attack and defense compared to what I posted above


Running towards the second skeleton into immediate range, Masdok attempts to take a swing with his gauntleted fist, however the running causes him to overbalance slightly, giving the skeleton the moment it needs to dodge out of the way.

Grulyn follows up taking a swing with his axe, but is also unable to make contact with this second and final skeleton as it dodges out of the way of the strike, taking advantage of the off-balanced attacks.

Brydan's up :)


Male Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician, Tactical Leader) HP 9/9 | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Brydan lowers the hand he used to summon forth the acid he threw at the other skeleton and made a new gesture. A large rat springs forth from no where behind the skeleton and proceeds to bite hard at it's leg.

Flanking Bite Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 2 = 23
Damage if hit: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Summoned a Dire Rat in a flanking position with Masdok. Not much else Brydan can do as he does not have Precise shot.


As the rat appears, the Skeleton completely unaware, it bites at it's leg, making it start to crumble a little, the skeleton is brittle so it already starts crumbling away, but it is still fighting back.

Simflay once again touches Masdok's shoulder and the winds surround him and his blade, guiding his hand.

The Sheriff seeing that the situation is pretty handled, and it was advised that he stay back, does so but continues to hold is sword ready if the skeleton escapes.

The skeleton now facing off with Masdok, takes two swings at him.

Skeleton Claw Attack 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The first attack just barely scratches up against Masdok's armor, doing no damage. The skeleton comes in again with a second claw attack.

Skeleton Claw Attack 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

The second claw almost piercing Masdok, however not getting deep enough to do any significant damage.

Over to you guys :)


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Masdok studies the last skeleton for a moment and then punches at it again.

spiked gauntlet, power attack, studied target, guidance: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 1 + 1 + 1 = 15
piercing/bludgeoning: 1d4 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 8


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

Cursing himself and re-gaining his footing, Grulyn takes a back handed swing at the skeleton. Letting his ax cut through the air as an extension of his arm.

Power Attack Waraxe: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 1 = 21
Damage (slashing): 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Grulyn swings his axe back, making the skeleton fall into pieces on the ground, dealing with the danger.

Once the skeletons have been cleared, the Sheriff approaches and enters into the vault. A twenty-foot square room, there are two things you all notice.

Firstly, there is a robe discarded in the back corner of the room, which looks like it has been discarded recently.

Secondly, and more disturbingly, the crypt that held the previous priest of the temple is open. Looking inside, the remains have been stolen. Sheriff Hemlock looks shocked that someone would desecrate the dead in this way. "Well, I have no idea what's going on here, but I have a feeling that the goblin raid yesterday was a distraction for something else. What are your thoughts?" he asks the rest of you.


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

"A diversion? Who would want the priest's body?"

there are some obvious avenues of questioning that are not occuring to Masdok.


"That I don't know - I mean, someone interested in the dead maybe? Or the goblins want it for something?" the Sheriff replied. "Though - the fact that not only goblins were here, means that someone definitely had an interest, for some reason," he said.


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

Saying a short prayer before walking into the tomb.

"Who was this old priest? Did he or she defeat some vile evil monster in the past?"

Walking over to the robe. "Who owed this? Did Father Zantus claim that he was missing one or did it belong to someone else?"


The sheriff looks around "Well, this tomb belongs to the temple. Anyone that gave their lives to service from the caretakers to the previous priests are entombed here. Father Zantus was actually the next high priest after Ezakien - the one who was entombed and is missing. He was loved by the town - so I have no idea who would disrespect his remains like this.

Zantus informed me of the open tomb this morning, he didn't go inside, but the robbery looks like it was part of the raid - just this seems to be whatever or whoever made so many goblins attack at once wanted - considering that these footprints," Hemlock points to the larger humanoid footprints "do not belong to a goblin," he says. "I mean - looking at the size, it could have easily been a human... working with the goblins," he theorized.


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

"We could track the footsteps to see where they go."


Male Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician, Tactical Leader) HP 9/9 | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Brydan nodded at Masdok "It might not help us too long but I can summon a new dog if we start to get a cold trail." he said as he summoned a dog to help them with their search.

He quickly pointed to the footprints and bent down in front of them as well.

Survival+Scent: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Survival for Brydan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Well...fresh tracks are DC 10. The dog is useless >.< So I'm fairly sure I can aid another at best.


Looking closer at the tracks, the tracks come and go to the wall where the tracks end, joining the hundreds from those fleeing the previous day that the guards couldn't catch and then scattering in many directions as they fled.


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

Grulyn examines the robe for any clues of who might have been in here.


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Reluctant to go into the crypt, Simflay follows the trail of the tracks to the wall, looking about as she goes but at least half lost in musing on the strange and somewhat terrifying turn things have taken since she arrived in this town.


Looking at the robe, it looks like something has been torn off of it, like a patch of some kind. It's been discarded and left in the tomb. As mentioned before, the footprints end up getting lost in the crowd of footprints from the other goblins that raided the town the night before.

"Well, it looks like someone or something stole the remains of the previous priest during the raid last night, coming over the wall over there," Hemlock says. "I think it would be best if we try not to distress the townsfolk further. They have already had a harrowing week, and this could just make matters worse. I don't think there's anything left for us to do right now," the sherriff said. "But that's probably as far as we're going to get for now. I'm going to continue the investigation, but thank you for the help so far. If something comes up and I feel you could help, I'll make sure to let you know. Apart from that, I'll inform Zantus about the next course of action. Thank you all for dealing with those bones."


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Returning to the group as Sheriff Hemlock thanks them for their help, Simflay glances at the robe that Grulyn is currently holding, and almost on a whim, quietly casts Detect Magic.

After that she realizes that Masdok is wounded from the fight with the skeletons and moving closer to him, she says "That foul thing wounded you. Let me help with that." She then reaches out towards him and speaking softly, says "Iritosha dua Venshio Curarea Esa omem"

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Masdok nods. "I hope you find out what happened here, sheriff." He says.

"Thanks for the healing, Simflay. It's nice to have a healer around."

He considers asking the sheriff and priest about payment for this job, but decided he'd rather not draw any more attention from the sheriff.

--

Once alone, he makes his way to rendezvous with Jubrayl. "What can you tell me about this sheriff? He was nosing around today, asking me what I was doing in town and how long I would be staying."


Simflay

Focusing on the robe, it is faintly magical.

Masdok
Splitting from the group, you go to speak with Jubrayl. "You didn't tell him anything about me, did ya buddy?" he asks you with a smile.

"His a cop, through and through. Of course, not a smart one, his not been able to pin anything on me," he chuckles as he says that. "I mean, he never has anything to hold me on when he does bring me in for questioning - and those loyal to the Sczarni have my back. If your starting to get in cahoots with the Sheriff, then I'll have to watch my hide," he adds sarcastically. "Who knows, he might send his new 'heroes' after me next, but right now - the town has just got raided, saw a new face, and probably tried to gauge whether you were worth hiring for future plans he has. Word on the street is his planning to find people to take the fight back to the goblins. Not many people are stepping up though. Their all comfortable in the walls of the city.

I must admit though, it did provide a good moment to procure some gold. Everyone so focused on the goblin threat that they didn't notice some people taking gold from their houses. And you know me, I won't miss a good opportunity," he says with a wink.


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Masdok chuckles. "Quick thinking. What I'm hearing is that it would be worth my while to be 'on the inside' so to speak. You know what I mean?" He says, rubbing his fingers together.


"I think I pick up what your throwing down," Jubrayl responds. "Just make sure to keep him off of my back, and I'll keep my guys off of yours, and keep me informed" he said more seriously this time. "Besides, I wouldn't want to lose one of my best now, would I?"


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

"Excuse me Grulyn, could I take a look at that?"

Simflay will cast Detect Magic again and this time concentrate to keep it going for the full three rounds to see what she can discern about the robes.


The item has a faint magical aura to it

It'll be an arcana check to identify the school of magic, and/or a spellcraft check to identify the item, if you are proficient in any of those


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

She is not proficient in either of those. She only become an Oracle pretty recently and not through training. So at the moment she is largely operating on instinct rather than knowledge. I kind of intend her to pick up ranks in those skills as she levels up to reflect her growing understanding of what has happened to her.

She hands the robe back to Grulyn. "Hmm, I don't know. I can see that there is magic on it. But that's really all I can tell. Sorry I can't be more help."

With that she leaves the graveyard and heads back to the Rusty Dragon. But she goes the long way around, heading over to the far side of town to the Cathedral before heading down in a loop to end up at the Inn. She has no particular goal in mind other than seeing a part of the town she hasn't seen yet. She slows frequently to peer down alleys and side streets, though she doesn't venture down any of them, preferring to stick to the larger, more open streets.


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

"Got it. Let me know how to contact you and I will." Masdok heads back to the Rusty Tavern after that for a hot meal and hopefully an idle conversation with the owner.


"Just speak to Jargie and let him know you wanna see me," Jubrayl replies as Masdok heads out and returns to the Rusty Dragon.

Masdok makes his way down Water street heading towards the Rusty Dragon, passing by the Turandarok Academy - the town's school and orphanage, and as he continues down Water Street the smell of fish fills his nose from the south, a long building open to the air where locals can pick up fish from the Valdemar Fishmarket, and arriving in Sandpoint Market at the end of Water Street where the Sandpoint Market is held at the beginning and end of the week - but currently is empty apart from some children playing. The northeast corner of the market is where the the Grocer's Hall is located - a building with it's facade open to the air, facing the market. Bins and tables heaped with produce are laid out in front of the building.

However, Masdok heads to the Southeast of the Market and onto Market Street. On the corner of which is the Meat Market, the smell of freshly cut meat filling the air. Passing by this, he finally reaches the Rusty Dragon, where he can regroup with almost all of his group. Simflay having not arrived yet.

Meanwhile, As Simflay hands the robe back to Grulyn, she heads out of the graveyard, firstly returning to the cathedral.

After the cathedral, she returns to the town square before starting her longer route. The first place she passes is the Town's Jewelers. A squat stone building on the corner of Junker's Way to the northwest of the square. Heading down a little bit and heading down Shell Street, it's sign calling it "Savah's Armory," on the corner of Shell Street and Tower Street.

Turning east down Tower Street, Simflay then passes a building that at first look doesn't look different from the houses where people live, but this is betrayed by the painting of a pillbug perched on a mushroom suggesting it is a small shop of some kind.

Turning Southeast on the High Street, continuing to take the back roads, Simflay decides to peak down Frog Alley, deciding not to turn down there this time but looking down the the thin alley, she continues to the corner of the High Street and Festival Street.

The first place of note Simflay passes on Festival Street, a human steps in her path. "Ah, you were one of the people who helped protec the town yesterday. I knew I'd see you wondering around town eventually. I am the propierter of the Sandpoint Theatre, Cyrdark Drokkus, and I would like to ask if you and your friends could... do an interview for me, so that I can write something in your and your friend's honour - as one of the headline plays this weekend, everyone will hear your story!" he says with a large smile.


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Simflay is having a pleasant time, quietly wandering about town and taking note of streets and landmarks she might add to her map later when Drokkus steps out in front of her. Deep in her own thoughts, she is quite startled when he speaks to her.

"Oh ... err ... I'm afraid I couldn't say whether they would be willing to talk to you or not. I only met them all yesterday, so I barely know more about them than their names. And, I suppose, the fact that they are good at fighting. Anyway, if you want to ask them, they are all staying at the Rusty Dragon. Sen Kaijitsu was kind enough to give us accommodation for the week, so you should be able to find them there."

She looks down a moment before continuing. "As for myself, there is little to tell. I tried to help as best I could, though I am no hero and have nothing much to offer. I just happened to be in the right place to help, so I did what I could. I am sure you will get better stories from the other three."

With that, she bids him a polite farewell and continues on her way.


Continuing on past a decrepit manor, and the fish and meat markets, Simflay is the final person to arrive at the Rusty Dragon after everybody else arrives. Grabbing some food, someone familiar comes up to the group of you, Aldern Foxglove, the man that you saved from the goblin commando.

"Greetings, greetings all of you. Thank you so much for saving me from certain goblining. I thought I would let you know that the day after tomorrow, I'll be going on a boar hunt, if any of you are interested, in the Tickwood Forest nearby. And, I also didn't get round to rewarding you for saving my life," he says with a smile. "Especially you," he says as he smiles towards Simflay. "Those that help others to do what they do are always overlooked, but I saw the things you did to help the others, and I must admit that takes bravery," he says to you. He then puts down a pouch on the table. "This should definitely help a little, it's not much, but it's the least I could do for you saving my life," Aldern says. "And hopefully I'll see you in a couple of days, otherwise feel free to visit my manor in Magnimar next time your in town," he adds with a smile.


Male Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician, Tactical Leader) HP 9/9 | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Brydan nods listening to what man had to say. He hand't been particularly fond of crowds since the goblin raid and had been doing his best to avoid people unless someone was asking for help.

When the subject of a hunt came up though, Braydan perked up some. "I had been wanting to get away from the town for a bit and clear my head after... well the incident with the goblins. It had been some time since I'd see that much blood and a good singular task would be wonderful." he said sincerely.

He eyed the bag on the table,assuming it was money. He paused wondering if it best not to offer his share to the church. But he was beginning to run low on funds and if he were to move on again at any point, he'd need to save up for sure.


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Masdok perks up at the sight of the bag. Now this is what I call appreciation![/ooc]

"Sure, a boar hunt sounds very interesting." Maddok says. [I] It's always good to have connections with money...


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Simflay enters the Rusty Dragon, feeling somewhat refreshed after her wander around town. Not wanting to butt in on the three men who appeared to be enjoying a drink together, she planned to grab some food and then retire to her room to eat in private. But just as she drew alongside their table, Aldern Foxglove stepped up and started speaking to them.

When Aldern singles her out for particular mention, Simflay blushes slightly and ducks her head, softly saying "I... I didn't ... it ... they ..." trailing off, she waves her hand generally in the direction of the other three. "Honestly Sim! If you can't even finish a sentence, just don't try and say anything" she thinks to herself...

When the others sound like they are interested in going on the boar hunt, Simflay signals her acceptance simply by nodding, not trusting herself to speak. When Aldern moves away, she sits, having seemingly forgotten her original plan to retreat to her room.


"Well, I'll meet you at the gates tomorrow, don't worry about horses - I'll sort that out" Aldern smiles as he heads to his room for the evening.

You guys have the evening and at tomorrow pretty much as downtime, so if there's anything you would like to do with the downtime then let us know, otherwise we'll skip on to the day after tomorrow :)


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

hummf,killing for sport. Only those with too many coins do such things. I hope at least that he plans on eating the beast. Grulyn rumbles over his head as the talk about the hunt. But his thoughts drift back to the robe and the broken in tomb.

"Master Foxglove, do you know anyone in town that deals with the arcane art? That has knowledge of magic items?"

If directed to someone:

Grulyn makes his way to the person that Master Foxglove told him about.
"Greetings I am Grulyn Ironfoot n' Master Foxglove recommends you fer your knowledge of magic items and I was hopping that you could take a look at this robe and tell me anything about it? The Sheriff thinks it could be linked wit the gobi attack earlier."

151 to 200 of 336 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.