Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Simmyish

Welcome to Varisia, and to Sandpoint - a small coastal town located to the west of the region. For the last forty-two years, there hasn't been much trouble in this small coastal town, but that is all about to change.


51 to 100 of 355 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Masdok startles slightly at Simflay's touch, but with a glance over his shoulder decides to not worry about whatever she just did.

Now within reach, he pauses a moment to study the goblin's movements before stabbing at it with his longspear. Then he steps next to it.

longspear, studied target, guidance, power attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 16
cold iron, piercing: 1d8 + 6 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 + 3 = 14

Masdok threatens two spaces away with the longspear but he also threatens adjacent spaces with his spiked gauntlets


Male Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician, Tactical Leader) HP 9/9 | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Talon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Talon2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Damage if hit on Talon: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Damage if hit on Talon2: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Damage if hit on Bite: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Potential Crit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Extra Crit if confirmed: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Brydan whistles at the eagle and it swoops down from it's circling onto the goblin below it and begins to rake and bite at it's victim.

Brydan looks around to make sure the others are fairing well and none of the townsfolk are getting overwhelmed.


As Simflay heads towards the podium, the goblin notices her approach and throws the thunderstone in her direction

Goblin Thunderstone throw attack: 1d20 ⇒ 20 1 point of damage if it hits

Would have threatened crit but as it is just a 1 point of damage attack there are no dice to be doubled

The other goblin by the wagon starts tearing at the dog, seemingly distracted from the group approaching it.

Simflay sees the goblin, and Masdok approach, and waits until he goes, preparing him for his strike.

Grulyn then makes his way to the goblin by the wagon, that killed the dog, and slices at him - another goblin going down to his axe.

Bryden's eagle then takes a couple of strikes at the goblin on the podium, taking out the third and only other goblin in the immediate vicinity.

With all the goblins in the square down, the chanting continues throughout the town and the chaos is rampant - buildings on fire, goblins cackling in the distance - you hear what sounds like dozens of the little runts, all spread throughout the town. A lot of the taverns have closed their doors and some goblins wonder around drinking from the barrels left over from the free lunch and stuffing themselves with leftover food. But in your immediate vicinity, you have a few moments to consider what has happened.

For now, we are out of initiative


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

Calling out to the other non goblins. "Any of ye' hurt, I have some skill with healing arts."
As he wipes his ax blade on a near by clump of grass.

"Nasty little roaches these goblins."


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Simflay gasps as the goblin hurled stone strikes her, but then glances down, almost in surprise. "Oh! That didn't really do any harm at all. Stings a bit, but that's about it. Must be grandfather's protection.". She mutters quietly to herself "Obressa-tan Avoss."

Auran:
Thank you Grandfather

Her white hair ripples slightly, as if in a gentle breeze as she looks back up and glances around, taking in the dead goblins and the three men who fought them. Suddenly realizing that all the mad creatures that had been nearby are now dead, she lets out a surprised "Goodness!"

Clearly there are more of the goblins about, many more by the sounds and Simflay is suddenly aware that the path to the Cathedral now appears to be clear. She looks nervously at the armed men for a moment before hesitantly speaking up.

"Perhaps ... perhaps we should head to the Cathedral. It should be safer in there."


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Masdok looks about for the nearest sound of screaming and goblin song. "You get yourself to a cathedral. I like this little town and I don't like goblins. Time to hunt!" He says and strides off towards wherever he thinks the nearest goblins are.


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

Calling out to Simflay, remembering that she was elfling that was fallowing him earlier like he was a mark to rob.
"Lass, steel can only be shaped by force before it can become something. Don't fear stay with me an ye be fine an possibly find redemption. Or you can run an find some other pockets to pick."
Grulyn heads off to fallow Masdok.


As your making your way towards the cathedral, there is more cackling and laughing as another group of goblins find their way to a cart full of fuel for the bonfire that was supposed to be happening this evening, and they are carrying lit torches. Following behind them is another goblin, not carrying a torch but clearly, one of the goblins chanting.

"Goblins Race and Goblins Jump
Goblins Slash and Goblins Bump
Burn the Skin and Mash the Head
Goblins Here and You BE DEAD!"

The goblin continues chanting, staying behind the other three goblins with them.

The short breather to get to the cathedral ends as they are at a cart that puts them all right between you and safety.

Goblin Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Goblin Warchanter Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Did say a short respite, a few moments, you get about halfway to the cathedral when this happens, and we're in a new initiative. Remember to put your first action with your initiative post :)


Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
Grulyn charges the warchanter (Assuming less than 40' away but more than 20' away)

Power War Ax attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 - 1 + 2 = 8
dice+base+goblin-PA+charge
Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11
dice+base+PA

AC is a 14 for this round due to the charge


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Simflay looks slightly startled as Masdok and Grulyn reject her suggestion and set off looking for more goblins to fight. For a brief moment she hesitates as they move off... "What? What did he just say? Time to hunt? He wants to hunt the goblins? That sounds mad. Not as mad as the dwarf though ... I hardly understood a thing he said. Do dwarfs all speak in metaphors? What in the world did he mean by other pockets to pick? Maybe he's as mad as the goblins. Still, they are clearly very strong... you might actually be safer staying near them. You chose to help the Shoanti and it seemed to work. Stick with that Sim, it worked so far. And if you help them, perhaps it will actually do some good for others in this town."

With that, Simflay follows along a couple of steps behind the warriors. When the goblins appear she starts in horror for a moment.

"Come on Sim, you want to help, so help!"

She then reaches out and touches Masdok once again, and speaking in that peculiar language again says...

"Iritosha dua Venshio shuishua malnna-sa"

Once again Simflay has cast Guidance on Masdok. So he gets a +1 competence bonus on a single attack roll, saving throw, or skill check. He must choose to use the bonus before making the roll to which it applies. The spell lasts for 1 minute or until discharged.


Male Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician, Tactical Leader) HP 9/9 | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Brydan looks around slowly and is caught off guard by the Goblin's chanting.

He shook his head and whistled summoning forth anew his eagle helper. He sent the Eagle flying overhead and tried to bring it around and ready to bear down and strike the goblin leader when it gets the chance.


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Looks like Goblins will be going before us. I'll put a few Attack of Opportunity rolls below in case they close with us. I am presuming that Masdok is in the front.

By the way, I was trying to say that Masdok was going towards the nearest sound of goblins instead of towards the Cathedral. He is not looking to hide. However, it seems that "towards the Cathedral" and "towards the nearest sound of goblins" was the same in this case, so it's all good.

attack of opportunity, longspear: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
cold iron, piercing: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

attack of opportunity, longspear: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
cold iron, piercing: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

attack of opportunity, longspear: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
cold iron, piercing: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Welp. I guess the goblins are totally safe as they approach us, haha. At least I got those rolls out of the way...

--

Masdok eyes the goblins, narrowing his eyes. "Good. They came to us."


Looking up at the group of you, the goblins curl their mouths into a smile and start swinging with their torches - one goes after Grulyn

Goblin 1 attack roll: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 bludgeoning plus 1 fire

The second goblin steps forward towards Masdok using the longspear and starts trying to attack him with his torch

Goblin 2 attack roll: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
Damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 bludgeoning plus 1 fire

The third goblin wielding a torch makes its way towards Brydan, also using its torch to attack.

Goblin 3 attack roll: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 bludgeoning plus 1 fire

In response to everything that happened, Simflay quickly goes to Masdok and gives him some magical aid.

Grulyn goes charging towards the warchanter, but unfortunately, the warchanter is able to deflect as it cackles and continues its bardic performance.

As Masdok only put the Attack of Opportunities but not his first round action, will leave it there until Masdok has gotten back to us - now you know the situation as things are going. Grulyn is now within melee range of the Warchanter, and the three goblins are in melee range of Masdok, Grulyn, and Brydan respectively.


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

he just barely hits me. 4 damage total

Masdok scowls at the goblin, then studies his movements before hitting him in the face with his spiked gauntlet.

spiked gauntlet, attack, studied Target, guidance: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 17
piercing, bludgeoning: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8


Masdok flinches as he then takes a swing at the goblin that attacked him with the torch. In response, he takes a swing with his spiked gauntlet and makes contact with the goblin, knocking him down to the ground.

The Warchanter continues its chant as it bolsters the remaining goblins' morale, and turns to focus on Masdok. Through the chanting, it says "But we're having so much fun, it's a great time,"

As the Warchanter begins casting a spell, Grulyn has the opportunity to take his reaction to attack as he is within melee range of the warchanter at this point. Once Grulyn has decided whether to take the AoO or not, we'll continue from there


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

Oh you know I will, fowl little goblins

Seeing the goblin scum start to cast.
Spell craft to ID spell: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Not today gobo.

Grulyn takes a swing at the caster
Power War Ax attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 1 - 1 = 18
Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7


Taking the swing, the goblin screeches, but remains standing. This particular goblin seems a bit tougher than the others. Blood starts pouring out of it, and it looks very hurt, but it tries to continue the spell. Unfortunately, Grulyn is unable to determine what spell was cast.

goblin concentration to keep spell: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

The goblin manages to maintain concentration on the spell, as it targets Masdok as he knocked out one of the goblins, as it says "But this is so much fun, killing is FUNNY!"

Masdok's Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Masdok feels the compulsion to laugh, but manages to resist the spell. The Warchanter grunts in disappointment.

Brydan whistles as an Eagle comes flying out of the sky towards the warchanter, ending its turn within melee range of the goblin.

Top of the round. As the first round is now done - initiative order is:
1. Normal goblins;
2. Simflay;
3. Grulyn;
4. Masdok;
5. the Warchanter; and finally
6. Brydan.

Seeing one of their companions go down, the goblin's grins turn into more serious frowns as they realise that they have gotten into a real battle and pull out their dogslicers.

The first goblin takes a swing at Grulyn

Goblin 2 attack roll against Grulyn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Taking a swing, it just barely misses as it catches in Grulyn's armour, but came a lot closer than it did with the torch. The other goblin takes a swing towards Brydan with its Dogslicer now wielded, both of them having ditched the torches in favour of their more specialised weaponry.

Goblin 3 attack roll against Brydan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Goblin 3 critical confirmation: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Critical Damage from goblin 3 on Brydan: 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3) + 1 = 5

The second goblin takes a strike towards Brydan, striking true with the dogslicer and getting right him right in the chest, causing a much more devastating wound as it hits hard.

Simflay, Grulyn and Masdok are up


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Seeing the warriors seeming to handle the goblins at first, Simflay starts to feel that she made the right choice in following with them. But then, to her horror she sees one of the goblins sink it's strange looking blade deep into the chest of the second Shoanti man. Simflay cries out in dismay at the sight of the wound, which looks deep and perilous.

"Come on Sim, you've made your choice. Too late to change your mind now. Help him..."

Stepping up behind Brydan, she holds her hands before her, almost as if holding an open book nestled in them. Softly, she intones....
"Iritosha dua Venshio ashuda-ma, curarea esa omem"

Auran:
Spirits of Wind aid me! Heal this man.

A small breeze starts to swirl around her hands and after a second she thrusts one hand towards Brydon, with her finger extended as if she means to point at him. She touches the tip of her finger to his back and he feels the brief sensation of a warm breeze dancing across his back and chest. Where the breeze touches, some of the pain of his wound is lessened.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Drat! The worst of rolls!


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

sorry for taking so long to post. I haven't talked about it much but I've been sick since the weekend. I've had more time to post but not always enough energy.

GM, could you post a "position" summary every so often, so we know who is next to what?

"I'll skewer you like a shishkabob you little runt!" Masdok shouts as he charges at the warchanter with his spear.

longspear, attack, charge: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13
piercing: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

13/17 hp and at -2 AC from the charge


Will post when Grulyn has made his move, but as of the previous summary in the original post, Masdok started that turn next to a dead goblin, nobody had moved since the previous position summary, will cover that as Masdok will be going after Grulyn, who has the warchanter and one of the other goblins in melee range.


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

"Time to quite your song gobo."

Swing his ax overhand.
Power War Ax attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 - 1 = 24
dice+base+goblin-PA
Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12
dice+base+PA

Conf. Crit. Power War Ax attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 - 1 = 21
Damage: 2d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7, 10) + 3 + 2 = 22


Simflay heads over to Brydan and places down a small hand, bringing a wave of healing energy comes over him, keeping out of the way of the remaining goblins.

Grulyn turns his attention to the chanting goblin, bringing down the strike, hitting the goblin square in the jaw, as it goes quiet, no longer living, it's head split in two. The chanting continues elsewhere throughout the town from no visible goblins from your current location, however, it gets quieter as those able to fight continue to also take them down one by one.

Masdok: Your original target is now dead, but there are two normal goblins still standing, if you want to switch to one of them - one is currently in melee range with Grulyn (and is therefore within range of you), and the other is in melee range with Brydan. Also, as the Warchanter is now dead, Brydan will be after Masdok


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Grulyn seems to have things well in hand, so Masdok would charge the one by Brydan instead


Masdok takes a swing on the goblin near Brydan, charging in from his longspear, unfortunately the goblin is able to dodge out of the way of the attack, as it continues it's attention on Brydan. Brydan will get to go before the goblins do


Masdok takes a swing on the goblin near Brydan, charging in from his longspear, unfortunately, the goblin is able to dodge out of the way of the attack, as it continues its attention on Brydan. Brydan will get to go before the goblins do


Male Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician, Tactical Leader) HP 9/9 | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Brydan takes a step back and points a finger at the Goblin who attacked him. He snaps his fingers and a thunder clap goes off.

Ranged Touch Attack, Storm Burst: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Nonlethal Damage if hit: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Eagle swooping in to flank with Masdok: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 = 18
Damage if hit: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Masdok charges towards the goblin that is currently harassing Brydan with his longspear, but it manages to jump out of the way just in time,

Clicking his fingers, the storm burst goes off, but it misses the goblin as the shock goes off. However, the eagle that is flanking Masdok does find its target, knocking down the Goblin that was originally troubling his master as it was about to turn towards Masdok and attack.

The final goblin still standing in Grulyn's melee sees all the carnage that as happened, and now the warchanter is dead, withdraws and runs 60 feet towards the north, fleeing. Using it's full-round action to withdraw, so you won't get an AoO against it Grulyn


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Are we up again? If so, Masdok will either charge (if the goblin is within 70 feet) or take a run action. A run action will let Masdok move up to 140 feet. He would stop adjacent to the goblin so that it has no choice but to fight him or provoke an AoO (since he threatens adjacent squares and 10' out, with a spiked gauntlet + a longspear)

"You won't get away from me, gobbo!" He shouts as he runs after it.

Hypothetical charge attack, longspear: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 = 17
piercing: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Oh yeah, you guys are up and the goblin is running, and using a full round action to withdraw to avoid AoOs, it is within 70 feet as it's full round withdraw action only gives the goblin 60 feet of movement


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

right. It is within 60' of Gulyn but I don't know how far that is from Masdok. I have actions stated for either contingency above


Well, you walked over to flank that goblin, so when Brydan took a 5-foot step he was only within your melee - and as it's running I'll sort the next bit out now as you do hit

Seeing the goblin run, Masdok charges for the goblin that flees, and manages to attack it with the longspear, skewering the last remaining goblin.

Looking around as you do so, there are many other goblin bodies that the city seems to have defended itself against, and some that have been tied up and captured by some of the city guards for questioning. At least for the moment, the danger seems to have passed as a majority of goblins are heading towards the north, it seems that the main assault has come to an end, with dozens of dead goblins and a low number of citizens that were also killed, scattered around the town.


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

Grulyn will check the warchanter for anything of value and to see if he can figure out what clan the goblin is from.

"Lets see what ye have gobo."


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Staring around the square as the last goblin falls and the three men she had been following set about their post-combat actions, Simflay is surprised to find herself breathing heavily. More from the rush of adrenaline than from any actual physical exertion, yet it takes almost a minute for her heart-rate and breathing to calm back down to a semblance of normal.

"By the gods..." she mutters, "what happened here? Where did these creatures come from, and what did they want?"

Noting the savage ease with which the three men felled their foes as well as the disparity in numbers of the the fallen between the invaders and the citizens of the town, she can't help but wonder... "Did they come here to die? They were savage and seemingly insane, but look at them ... surely they cannot have hoped to win here?"

Seeing the dwarf searching the body of the fallen warchanter, Simflay steps a little closer and stutters out ... "P... please... I don't want to seem ungrateful, but what are you doing?"


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

Turning to the elfling. "A'm lookin tae fin' something that tells me whit clan thae goblins come fae. 'N' lookin at thair gear tae see if they're ye normal scavenger type or something else. Ye shuid know wha yer fightin'."
"Sae why dinna ye tak' a look at that yin 'n' see whit ye fin'."

Pointing at a near by goblin.


Having a look over the different goblins, what surprises you is that they are from a variety of different clans - which is unusual. Usually different clans of goblins fight each other, but there are at least five different clan markings on each of the goblins.

On the Warchanter, you find a potion, and it is wearing studded leather armor, wields a dogslicer and shortbow, has 20 arrows in it's quiver, carries a whip on it's belt and a pouch of 20 gold.

As your having a look around, some goblins are running towards the cliff and into the rocky ocean below, probably to their deaths. Father Zantus, the priest rushes over to the group of you. "Thank goodness we had people like you here today, are any of you hurt?" he asks. "Sorry I haven't been able to get around sooner, I've been tending to the other wounded around the city - there were about ten dozen goblins in groups throughout, though most are starting to rout now out the north gate.

Looking in that direction, you see a bottlenecked backlog of goblins all climbing over each other trying to get out first, while they are being picked off one by one by the city guard - there's no way anyone would be able to stop all of the fleeing goblins, but getting one or two more seems to be keeping in the guards occupied.


Male Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician, Tactical Leader) HP 9/9 | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Brydan watches the others as they take care of the dead and he keeps his eyes out for any other Goblins, whistling and pointing out any stragglers to the Eagle he had summoned to herd them towards the cliff with the other Goblins.

When the priest came up and asked if any of them were hurt, he finally looked down and noticed the wound half knitted from the earlier encounter. He hadn't had the time to worry about pain during the fight and he looked over to the one who had healed him. "Thank you for the healing, I was careless and let one get too close. I should have drawn a weapon to defend myself instead of concentrating on trying to pick off any of the outliers." he said as he put his own hand over his wound and attempted to heal it the rest of the way.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

He nodded to the Priest "Thank you for your attention, but we are fortunate. Please see to the others who may need it more. I will use my remaining magic on the first injured soul I find while I make sure the rest of these creatures have been driven out." he said as he looked to the others "Anyone feeling up to hunting out any remaining hidden and helping rescue any townsfolk?" he asked.


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

Grabbing the potion and gold, Grulyn hands the items to the priest.
"I am sure you will find some good whit these items."

Hearing the human wanting to help out the town, Grulyn turns to the elfling "You what to come along lass? grab any of the gear you can use. The gobo's won't need it no more."
Thinking to himself Hopefully she will come along, then I can keep an eye on her instead of thinking that she might take advantage of some unintended property.

Looking at the human. "Lets go do some good lad."
Grabbing his ax he gets ready to move out.


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Masdok falls in line, impatient to be at the goblins but recognizong the value in numbers.


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Simflay stares at the dwarf as he explains what he is doing. Carefully she replays his words in her head as she tries to puzzle out his accent. "Goodness, he is hard to understand. But he sounds a bit like Old Laramy back north of home. He wasn't a dwarf though, perhaps it is a way of speaking from a place rather than a dwarf way of speaking." At the suggestion that she search one of the goblins, Simflay pokes at it half-heartedly with her staff.

"So this... is ... a goblin? I've heard of them of course, but I've never seen one before. Are they normally all this... this... crazy?"

When Father Zantus comes near, Simflay's breath catches in her chest but she cannot speak. Suddenly she feels too shy to say the things she had thought she might say to the priest in front of these strangers she had just met. So she just stares at him wordlessly. When Brydan thanks her and heals himself she looks amazed. "Oh! You can do that too? I've only just learned to do it. I do not think I got it right. When I tried to help you with it, it did not feel quite like it worked properly. But I am glad I could help a little."

Just then Grulyn interjects with the suggestion that they all go off together in search of more goblins and Simflay's first reaction is to say no. "What, me? No, no, I can't... that is I'm not ... ahh ..." Suddenly it occurs to her that if she doesn't in fact go with them, she will be left in the company of the priest who she has just been staring at wordlessly for the past couple of minutes, which she was now starting to think might be a bit of a weird thing to do. "Well perhaps I should go with them for a bit," she thinks to herself, "It will give me a chance to think about what I want to say... and besides, the dwarf does seem to think we can do some good - help folks a bit..." ... "Umm, well... I suppose I could come along for a little bit. Just to see if I can help out."

With that, Simflay follows along behind the three strange men, her hair blowing in a breeze that isn't there.


Making your way onward, you continue to help rout out the remaining goblins. At this point most of the goblins have either jumped off a cliff and died, or are fleeing out the north gate.

There are still the occasional sounds of swords clashing as the town guard continues the fight on the last few goblins that seem to have a death wish.

Your moment to refresh is cut short as you hear the sound of a scream very quickly joined by some frantic barking to the north.


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Masdok starts running toward the scream.


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

"This is not over yet, lets go!" Grulyn barks out like he is talking to a group of short beards. And as fast as his little legs can take him, with the sound of his armor going clink, clink, clink. He runs to the scream.


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

When she hears the sounds ahead Simflay gasps, for a brief moment the sound of the barking bringing back a mental image of the dog in the square being slaughtered by the first goblin. With a burst of determination to stop any more horror from taking place this day, she follows the other two in the direction of the barking.


Male Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician, Tactical Leader) HP 9/9 | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Brydan sighed and joined the group in running towards the sounds."What in the world is left to attack this village? Did they bring wolves or something?" he asked aloud as he ran with them.

He prepared himself mentally for what they might come to see.


As you approach the source of the screams and barks, backed up against a wall is a human male and his rather large dog, which is being held by a metal leesh by a goblin, pulling it in about 25 feet away from Foxglove. The dog is trying to fight against it's master, but the Goblin seems to be winning the battle, with the help of it's mount. Those from Magnimar would know the man to be Aldern Foxglove, a noble that lives in a manor closer to the city.

The goblin on what looks like a dog, also large, but has a head that looks more like a rat than a dog, with sharp, jagged teeth. The goblin on the back of the Goblin Dog smiles as he looks over to Aldern where the goblin has the dog at knifepoint, and you see him make the end of the cut, looking towards Aldern, and making his way away from you, towards him.

Three goblins then come out of hiding, cheering, following behind their apparent leader, all chanting in unison:

"Chase the Baby, Catch the Pup.
Bonk the Head to Shut it up.
Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed,
We be goblins! You Be Food!"

As they all start approaching Foxglove.

They are distracted enough that they have not yet noticed the group of you.


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Masdok takes a moment while they are all busy to study the movements of the leader, then he gets as close as he can, quietly.

move action to study Target on the leader, then move action to stealth up. Plan is to charge next round. Will Masdok be able to safely reach the leader with a charge, or will he have to fight through other goblins first?
stealth, acp: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 2 = 23


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

If the leader is 40' or less but more that 20' Grulyn will charge him. If the leader is less than 20' away Grulyn will just do a normal move to keep his AC up. If not, he will try the same with one of the other goblins. If all goblin are more than 40' away he will just double move.

Pumping his little legs, Grulyn runs up on the goblin and swings his ax.

Power War Ax attack w/ charge: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 - 1 + 2 = 18
dice+base+goblin-PA+charge
Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9
dice+base+PA


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

On the assumption Initiative is about to be called for
Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

At the death of the dog, Simflay covers her mouth with her hand and gasps softly... "By the gods! Why do these creatures hate dogs so?"

Finding herself standing behind the dwarf, she says quietly to him "Let me help you..." before shifting to a quiet and slightly breathy tongue to say Ashuda-ma Avoss, sirotessa-esa omem!.

Grulyn feels a sensation as if a cool breeze just ran over him, though there seems in truth to be none blowing.

She casts Shield of Faith on him. This spell creates a shimmering, magical field around the target that averts and deflects attacks. The spell grants the subject a +2 deflection bonus to AC. The effect will last for 1 minute.


Male Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician, Tactical Leader) HP 9/9 | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Brydan looked around and summoned another eagle as close to the creatures as possible.

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


As they don't know your there yet, I'd say you could get to the leader

The Goblins continue to approach the noble, but the group have the initiative. Eagles out, shield of faith applied.

Masdok looks into the goblin commando and looks for the weak points, preparing to take advantage. Then Grulyn charges at the goblin commando, striking a hit on the commando. The commando doesn't know what hits him as he takes a damaging blow to the gut, looking very hurt but still clinging to life. With that, the goblins are aware a fight is on their hands, and they ready for battle.

Goblin Commando Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Goblin Dog Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Goblin Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

51 to 100 of 355 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.