Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Simmyish

Welcome to Varisia, and to Sandpoint - a small coastal town located to the west of the region. For the last forty-two years, there hasn't been much trouble in this small coastal town, but that is all about to change.


101 to 150 of 299 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
dangit. Goblins go before me unless I have a surprise round action


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

Init: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7 Sorry I forgot


yep there was a surprise round don't think you took that action yet.


Initiative Order:
Brydan
Goblin
Masdok
Simflay
Goblin Dog
Grulyn
Goblin Commando


Male Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician, Tactical Leader) HP 9/9 | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Brydan sends his eagle to swoop down on the nearest Goblin since the Goblin Commando was already pretty occupied.

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Talon 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Talon 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Damage if hit on bite: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Damage if hit on talon 1: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Damage if hit on talon 2: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Confirm?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Extra damage if confirmed: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


The eagle swoops down, as the eagle bites down on the creature, taking out the first goblin, but the second is close enough to target with the follow up attacks. The first talon goes wide as the goblin ducks out of the way just in time, but there is no avoiding the strike. The goblin is knocked unconscious after the second talon strike, leaving only one normal goblin left, who turns on the eagle.

Goblin Attack against Brydan's Eagle: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

As the Goblin takes a swing at the Eagle, it flies out of the way, avoiding the swipe.

Masdok and Simflay, you guys are up next :)


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Round 1 of Shield of Faith on Grulyn

Although startled by the speed of the combat and the sudden decimation of the first goblins, Simflay forces herself not to shrink back. "Come on now Sim," she thinks to herself, "I don't know what possessed you to follow along with these three, but if you're going to be here then you have to try to help..."

With that, she steps up behind Grulyn and touches him once again as she speaks in the mysterious, soft tongue she has used before.
"Iritosha dua Venshio, shuishua Malnna-sa."

A tiny gust of wind leaps from her hand to the dwarf's shoulder and he feels a gentle tingle of divine magic.

Cast Guidance on Grulyn. He gets a +1 competence bonus on a single attack roll, saving throw, or skill check. He must choose to use the bonus before making the roll to which it applies.


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Masdok charges at the goblin leader.

longspear, attack, charge, studied Target: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 18
piercing: 1d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 11

AC is at -2


Masdok charges the already injured leader with his spear, aiming for the commando mounted on the goblin dog. Hitting the leader off his mount, he falls to the ground dead.

Simflay taps Masdok on the shoulder as he feels a warmth surround him. And then the goblin dog responds to Masdok killing it's master.

It moves towards Masdok and attempts to bite at him.

Goblin Dog Attack roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Biting towards him, Masdok is able to parry away the dog with the longspear used to kill it's rider before getting any purchase on him.

Grulyn and back to the top with Brydan, you guys are up, there's the dog and goblins left, the commando is dead


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

Moving up to the fowl goblin dog, knowing that, that thing can spread desssise to those that it bites.

Power Attack on the dog: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 - 1 = 10
dice+base+guideance-PA

Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11
dice+base+PA

I must like 6's


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Masdok eyes the dog's movements, steps back, and stabs at it.

longspear, attack, studied Target: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10
piercing: 1d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13


Male Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician, Tactical Leader) HP 9/9 | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Brydan uses his magic to turn the Eagle on the remaining goblin.

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Talon1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Talon2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Damage if hit: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Damage if hit: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Damage if hit: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Round 2 of Shield of Faith on Grulyn

Simflay watches as the dwarf swings wildly and unsuccessfully at the goblin dog. Surprised at his miss, she glances down at her hands for a moment... "Did... did I do that wrong? It didn't seem to help."

Then she shakes herself slightly ... "Well don't just stand there... try again! And do it better this time!"

Stepping up behind Grulyn, she tries again. "Iritosha dua Venshio, shuishua Malnna-sa."

Cast Guidance on Grulyn once again


Grulyn runs up to the dog, which is as he noticed, covered in all sorts of rashes that doesn't seem to bother it.

With its rider dead, it has nothing to stop the attack going through to the dog, but it manages to dodge out of the way of the attack that Grulyn throws towards it.

Brydan whistles to direct the Eagle to the closest of the three normal goblins, throwing it's attacks at it, but is unable to get purchase on the tricky goblin.

As the goblins look over, they notice that their commando is dead, which changes their laughter into scowls as they draw their own dogslicers.

One of the goblins takes a swing at the eagle.

Goblin 1 Dogslicer Attack Roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Taking a swing, the Goblin is unable to get purchase on the Eagle.

Another runs up to Grulyn as he attacks their leader's dog and takes a stab at him.

Goblin 2 Dogslicer Attack Roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Also unable to get purchase on it's target, the goblin scowls as it misses with its stab. Finally, the third goblin runs up to Simflay, noticing her casting spells on Grulyn and comes up behind her and takes a swipe

Goblin 3 Dogslicer Attack Roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Dogslicer Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

The swipe manages to catch Simflay in the shoulder, nicking her slightly.

As Masdok finished off the Goblin Commando, he turns his attention on the dog and tries to hit it with his longspear. The dog is able to jump out of the way, avoiding the strike.

As things continue and the goblin had only nicked a mark on Simflay, she manages to get the next spell off, however does provoke another attack from the goblin that attacked her.

Goblin 3 Dogslicer Attack Roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Goblin 3 Dogslicer Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Concentration Check for Simflay: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

A second strike comes and hits from the goblin, but Simflay is able to get her spell off on Grulyn.

Finally, the Goblin Dog gets a strike, and tries to bite Grulyn.

Goblin Dog Attack Roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Still not able to get purchase on Grulyn, the Goblin Dog snarls.

As everyone had posted, the round is done - Grulyn and Brydan will be acting before the Goblins act next


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Simflay cries out in shock and pain as the goblin's wicked weapon slashes across her shoulder. Glancing down at her shoulder her eyes widen at the sight of a trickle of blood welling up from the wound.

I know it's only 1 point of damage but this is the first time she's ever been injured by a weapon.


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

Hearing the elfling cry out in pain.
"Ye ok lass, let me take care of dis' dog, then I will see to ye."

Power Attack on the dog: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 - 1 = 20
dice+base+guideance-PA

Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6
dice+base+PA

Slipping off balance trying to look over his shoulder to see how bad the elfling is hurt, caused his ax arm to bind in his armor not giving it a good full swing.


The dog takes another bite towards Grulyn before he gets his attack off towards it.

Goblin Dog Attack Roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Still unable to make purchase on Grulyn, the Goblin Dog leaves itself open to an attack from Grulyn, and he takes advantage, striking true with the attack. However, it pulls itself up for one last attack, it's very hurt, but it's still up.

Brydan will get a go before the goblins go :)


Male Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician, Tactical Leader) HP 9/9 | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Talon1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Talon2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

If hit: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
If hit: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
If hit: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Brydan leaves the Eagle to it's work, turning his attention towards the goblin near Simflay. He snaps his finger at the Goblin and another clap of thunder goes off.

Storm Burst, ranged touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Nonlethal if hit: 1d6 ⇒ 4


As the eagle strikes, the second talon makes contact, doing a serious amount of damage to the goblin that has a large gash where the wound is left. It's looking hurt, but also manages to keep itself up for one final strike.

Brydan's Strike goes off, however narrowly misses the Goblin as it is able to avoid the strike.

The first goblin attempts another swing with its dogslicer against the eagle.

Goblin 1 Attack Roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

As it takes a strike, the Eagle is still able to easily dodge out of the way of the goblin's clumsy swings.

The second goblin will continue to attack Grulyn, trying to get through to his armor.

Goblin 2 Attack Roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Goblin 2 Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Goblin 2 damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

The goblin strikes true and pierces through Grulyns armor with it's dogslicer, nicking Grulyn's flesh.

The final goblin, still in range of Simflay takes its own swing.

Goblin 3 Attack Roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

This time however, the Goblin is not able to strike Simflay as she is able to get out of the way of the swing.

Masdok and Simflay are up :)


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Masdok stabs at the dog with his spear.
longspear, attack, studied Target: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7
piercing: 1d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 = 12


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Reeling back (a 5-foot step) from the goblin and it's deadly blade, Simflay's mind is awhirl with the horror of the situation... "What did I do? What did I do? Why did I come here? I don't know what I'm doing ... I don't know what to do next, and that ...that ... thing is going to kill me if I don't do something..."

Unable, in the heat of the moment, to think what to do next, she acts almost reflexively to continue trying to help the dwarf.

Reaching out to Grulyn once again... "Iritosha dua Venshio, shuishua Malnna-sa."

Simflay will Cast Guidance on Grulyn once again, hoping that in helping him she will also help herself :)


The dog manages to jump out of the way of Masdok's spear as he tries to attack again, unable to get purchase. Simflay steps back from the goblin and taps Grulyn on the shoulder as the now familiar warmth passes over him once more.

The dog returns keeps its attention on its original assailant, now being threatened in two directions - continuing its focus on Grulyn.

Goblin Dog Attack Roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Goblin Dog Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

This time, the goblin dog's fangs manage to pierce Grulyn's armor, as it makes contact with his flesh.

Grulyn's Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Though the dog's fangs make contact - it is only very briefly itchy. There is something about the bite that definitely is not normal as Grulyn's arm comes into contact with the rat-like dog, however the feeling passes as he manages to shake off the more lingering effects.

Grulyn and Brydan are up :)


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

Seeing Simflay take a hit "Lass you 0k? You fowl rat spawn, come pick on me. let me show you what is going to happen."

Grulyn bring his axe down on the rat dog.
Power Attack on the dog: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 - 1 = 10 please add +2 if flanking
dice+base+guideance-PA

Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15
dice+base+PA


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Umm, he did pick on you Grulyn


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

Trying to draw the goblin off Simflay, with the demonstration on the dog, but not with those rolls


Male Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician, Tactical Leader) HP 9/9 | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Talon1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Talon2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Damage if hit on Bite: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Damage if hit on Talon1: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Damage if hit on Talon2: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Stormburst on Goblin near Simflay: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Nonlethal if hit: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Wow, just missing all these Stormbursts. A shame cause they're Ranged Touch so they should be easy hits >.<

Brydan continues to try and nail the Goblin attacking Simflay while the Eagle does his best.


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Ah, sorry Grulyn, I completely misunderstood what you were saying there... Wow, it looks like Brydan's Magic Eagle is putting us all to shame in this fight.


The dice have turned on you all of a sudden...

Grulyn shaking off the allergy from the dog tries to take a swing back, however unable to make purchase on it as he swings down with his axe. The Goblin Dog manages to dodge out of the way just at the last second as it then growls and continues to focus on you.

Squaking and taking three more strikes, the final talon pierces into the goblin that the Eagle has been focusing on, finally finishing the goblin completely finishing the goblin and bringing it to the ground unconscious, leaving two more. Brydan attempts another storm burst on the goblin threatening Simflay, but as it moves in to continue it's attack, the storm burst narrowly misses as the goblin just gets out of the way, completely by accident.

The goblins then open up their own attacks. The goblin that has been focusing on Grulyn continues to try and strike him.

Goblin 2 Attack Roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Unlike last time, however, the goblin is unable to make a strike that pierces Grulyn's armor with his dogslicer, and holds its ground. The final remaining goblin steps forward to put itself back into melee range with Simflay and takes another swing with its dogslicer also.

Goblin 3 Attack Roll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Dogslicer Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Another strike pierces Simflay's skin as she is struck a second time by the Goblin's blade.

Masdok and Simflay are up, two goblins and the goblin dog left, Simflay currently within 5 feet of one of the remaining goblins, and Masdok is flanking with Grulyn on the Goblin Dog.


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Round 4 of Shield of Faith on Grulyn

Simflay thrusts out with her quarterstaff in a clumsy attempt to fend off the goblin attacking her, but it ducks quickly past the weapon and sinks its blade into her side. Gasping at the sudden pain of the wound, she drops her staff to the ground and clasps her hands to the wound as she staggers back away from the goblin once again (another 5 foot step)

Heal Check in the heat of the moment to assess her damage state vs Grulyn's Heal Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Realising that as badly as her side hurts, Grulyn appears to be hurt worse, she reaches out and touches him. Her hair flutters about as if in a breeze as she says "Iritosha dua Venshio ashuda-ma, curarea esa omem"

Auran:
"Spirits of Wind, Aid me. Heal this man!

Casts Cure Light Wounds on Grulyn
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The magic of the spell rushes across Grulyn like a tiny breeze, repairing much of the harm done by the goblin dog's mighty bite.


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

I'm back. You could have botted me on Thursday after Simflay posted :-)

Masdok scowls at his poor show and tries to stab the dog again.

longspear, attack, studied Target, flanking: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 22
piercing: 1d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 = 15


To be fair, I only just saw the posts today :P

Masdok angrily stabs towards the dog one more time, this time making a vital impact, there's a squeal as the dog comes in one more time to attack, it's claws just falling short as the beast falls to the ground.

Simflay then revitalizes Grulyn with her touch and only two goblins remain. One following Simflay and the other in melee with Grulyn.

Grulyn and Brydan are up


Male Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician, Tactical Leader) HP 9/9 | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Brydan makes a quick decision seeing his target near his eagle fall. With a wave of his hand, the eagle turns to stardust in the and with another swirl of his cape and snap of his fingers, the eagle is reborn above the Goblin that had been stalking Simflay.

He immediately whistles and points at the foe and the summoned eagle springs into action immediately.

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Talon1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Talon2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Damage if hit on Bite: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Damage if hit on Talon1: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Damage if hit on Talon2: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

I did some mild flavor text there. Technically the dismissing isn't remotely necessary as using the summon spell cancels the old one and restarts the timer. I try not to take advantage of it too much but as the Summon is my "only" weapon atm (cause for flavor I don't have my bow on me because we were at a festival) and battle has already started, the special ability of the Monster Tactician is that his special summon only takes a Standard so the summon is able to act immediately that round. Given the severity of her injuries, I used the occasion to push his "powers"


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

Adjusting the grip on his ax, Grulyn swings his ax at the goblin attacking him (unless the one going after Simfly is with in 5').

Power Attack on the goblin: 1d20 + 4 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 1 + 1 = 6 please add +2 if flanking
dice+base-PA+Hatred

Damage (Slash): 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6
dice+base+PA

But his armor strap came loose and affected his swing causing Grulyn to be off balance.

As dice get thrown into the dice bag and new dice are gotten.


This one has been a tough one on the die rolls, just also happens to be the chapter boss so the struggle is so worth it - watching all the characters push themselves.

As Grulyn adjusts his grip, the goblin in front of him reads the intent, and took advantage of the loosening armor strap he noticed. The goblin times the dodge really poorly, but the off-balance attack means that the goblin survives another day.

The eagle then disappears temporarily from its first location and reappears between the goblin and Simflay, taking its strikes.

It pecks down on the goblin hard, but the two talon strikes that it follows up for are dodged narrowly by the goblin.

Looking at the situation, the two remaining goblins look at each other for a brief second, then Withdraw (using the withdraw action) from the group, running towards the northern exit of the town, adding into the end of the bottlenecked goblins.

By this time, the attack has come to an end. Goblin corpses litter the ground, and there are only three fatalaties among the whole of Sandpoint and it's citizens. It's safe to say that Sandpoint has won the battle and Father Zantus, Sheriff Hemlock, Mayor Deveren look to the group and begin clapping. This is slowly spread around the guards of the town, and eventually the civilians that saw the group of you in action defending the city. You have helped save Sandpoint from the Goblin Incursion, and the streets are safe once more.

So that is the end of the first chapter, and you've defeated the first chapter boss - congratulations - the boss fight has been a long one with all those rolls though :P I'll be posting the first part two post just after this one, so hopefully that'll be up by the time you guys see this one - also, if anyone that can get around the Withdraw wants to still try to take one more goblin out, just roll it out and if successful add it to the kill total - it doesn't matter though either way


Part Two: Local Heroes

After the end of the battle with the goblins and everyone begins the recovery process and buries its (thankfully) few dead. The rest of the town try their best to get on with their lives, trying not to let the incursion ruin the rest of the day.

The innkeeper of Rusty Dragon, Ameiko Kaijitsu, approaches the group of you. "I must say, what you all did today, you were all amazing, including you elfling," he directs towards Simflay. "I and the city can't thank you enough for what you have done, but as a small repayment for your actions today - I would love to have you guests at my establishment - I have some spare rooms for you all that you can have for a week, and the locals saw what you did for the town - we all owe you one," she says to everyone in the group.

The next day, a much more subdued indoor ceremony is held to finally consecrate the new cathedral, which is indeed a beautiful building that the town can be proud of. The group of you each receive personal invitations delivered by Father Zantus himself to join the ceremony, letting you all know he wanted to meet you afterwards.

The ceremony is held without any issues the next day, and Zantus has a moment his alone and attempts to get eye contact of one of the group.

You all get a full nights rest before you need to meet with Zantus so this goes through to the next day. You guys deserve it after that.


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

End of Part One:

As the two goblins break off and flee, Simflay stares blearily after them. Slightly hunched over and clutching at the wound in her side, she looks, if anything, slightly puzzled. As if she can't quite grasp the fact that the fight has ended and she is still alive. For a long moment, she seems not to even be breathing, so still she stands.

Then, suddenly, she breathes in, a gasp of air. And then, as if that act has released a great tension held within her body, she starts to shake. The gasp becomes two, then three, then many, one on top of the other. And suddenly she is sobbing. Falling to her knees, she clasps her arms around her sides and weeps.

She does not react at first when the clapping begins. Her sobbing has subsided but she is still kneeling on the dusty ground with her head hanging down, her hair gently moving about as if in a breeze. She has become still again, so still that at first it might seem as if she has been struck deaf and is unable to hear the sound growing around the group. But then, her head lifts. Tilting to the side for a moment as if in puzzlement, her head then straightens as she slowly forces herself to her feet.

Stumbling slowly, Simflay makes her way towards where she dropped her staff. Her motion suggests exhaustion and unsteadiness. Standing over the staff, she moves as if to bend over and pick it up only to be stopped sharp by the pain in her side. Holding out her hand over the staff, she whispers something that nobody hears over the swelling noise of the applause. Slowly and quietly, the staff rises off the ground, floating up into her hand. Grasping it in shaking hands and plants one end on the ground, leaning on the staff to steady herself as she looks around at the gathering townsfolk.


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

"Come back ye' coward!" Grulyn yells as the goblin takes off running.
Watching the goblin run away "Ye did well lass, ye want to go after it.?" Turing around and looking at Simflay, noticing her wounds for the first time. Then seeing Simflay sink to the ground. Grulyn with concern rushes over to her and places his hand on her head and whispers "May Torag's hammer reforge you."
Simflay gains a brief feeling, like a father lovingly holding his child as her wounds start to mend.
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Once the spell is complete Grulyn pats Simflay on the head."There, there lass everything will be fine now."

Grulyn congratulates Brydan and Masdok on their fine works in the fight. As he watches Simflay retrieve her staff.

"Unlike the elfling, I assume this was not ether of you's first fight. Ye both fought well."


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Masdok chases down one of the goblins.

with a move speed of 35 I think he can catch them with a charge

longspear, attack, flanking: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 = 21
piercing: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

He sees the other merge into the throng of escaping goblins and spits in disgust before returning to the others. "She alright?" he asks, pointing at the girl.

---

will do part two later


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Part Two: Heroes?

Simflay is standing quietly propped up on her staff and sunk in something of a malaise as the noise of the crowd washes around her. Next to her, the three men she just fought with are discussing the finer details of the fight they have all just survived. Analysing the ins and outs of the life threatening peril with a seemingly jolly lack of concern that she cannot quite manage to fathom.

"But we could have all died ... how can they be so... so... casual about it. Do they not understand? ... or ... are they perhaps just fearless? Perhaps they are actually heroes. Maybe that's it ... maybe I was just lucky enough to be near a group of heroes, and that's how I survived..."

Her ruminations are cut short as the innkeeper of the Rusty Dragon makes his offer of free accommodation. A wave of relief washes through her at the offer... "Oh thank the gods... I do not think I would have had the strength to go looking for a place to stay tonight." With that, she smiles a tired smile at the innkeeper and says "Oh, thank you so much, I would love to stay in your inn ... ", she trails off as a thought occurs to her... "oh, please excuse me a moment..." With that, she turns and moves over to the man that the group sought to rescue.

"Excuse me sir, but are you alright? Did the goblins hurt you at all? I am very tired but I could probably still manage a little magic if you need help."

Once the man is dealt with (she will cast her last Cure Light Wounds if needed) she will follow the innkeeper, or the rest of the group, back to the Rusty Dragon in search of a night's rest.


The man brushes himself off and nods "thank you for your assistance, those goblins and that creature they were with caught me rather by surprise," he says, taking the assistance to get up. "I'm fine, nothing that a bit of rest won't deal with," he said with a smile. "My name is Aldern Foxglove, I'll be in town for a few more days - when you get a chance feel free to come and find me, I'm staying at the rusty dragon, and then I can reward you properly for your services," he says with a smile. And don't count yourself out, your healing and protection were vital to the rest of the group, sylph," he added with a smile. "Well, I'll be seeing you all at the rusty dragon, I'm sure," Foxglove concluded as he got up and headed towards the tavern.


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Masdok gives the Noble a gruff nod, glad to see he made it out alive. One fewer notch for the gobbies's belts.

---

He gives Ameiko his best appreciative smile. That's a woman, he thinks to himself.

appreciative in this case means he is both thankful for the offer and appreciates her appearance, demeanor, spirit, etc.

I've decided that Masdok is into Ameiko, but I don't want to creep anyone out. Please let me know if I cross any lines. I can't imagine crossing PG or maybe PG-13

--

more to come later


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

my notes show Masdok has taken no damage. If that is inconsistent with your notes, GM, I assume Masdok will have no trouble getting healing?

Masdok takes the evening at the inn to relax and rest after the fight. He lets anyone buy him a drink and tries to get some of Ameiko's spiced salmon if there's any left.

He delays meeting up with Jubrayl. I can see him after this ceremony. Who knows, maybe that priest has an even better job for me than whatever Jubrayl has lined up.

After the ceremony, he has no trouble picking up on the priests signals to come talk to him. The invite said he wanted to talk to us, after all.

He makes his way to the priest. "Aye, Father Zantus." He puts his hand on his heart and bows (although both motions look unpracticed) in what he hopes is a show of respect. "You wanted to see me? Us, rather?"


Joining the father is the sheriff of the town - Sheriff Hemlock, who joins the group just after you. "I hope you don't mind I recommended you for what the father is asking for, tell them what you told me, Zantus," he says to the priest.

"Of course, I invited them as you suggested - and I also wanted to personally thank you all for your assistance yesterday. What you have done for the city, and me personally, is a great deed. So, I was wondering if I could trouble you with something. This morning as I was finishing the rounds and burying the dead, I noticed that our previous priest's burial vault is open. It might not be anything, but with the attacks yesterday we can't be too careful," the priest says.

"I'm not expecting there to be much, probably just a goblin hiding from the slaughter they submitted themselves to yesterday, we can take you to the vault and get a closer look at what is going on," the sheriff explains. "It shouldn't take more than about half-hour or so to deal with," he adds.


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Masdok nods, his stern face wrinkled in curiosity. "Why would they open a tomb..."


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

"Did the tomb look like someone broke in or something broke out?"


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Not sure what else to do in the moment, Simflay drifts along with everyone else in the direction of the Rusty Dragon. Initially she spends some time in the main room of the inn and has some food, although she drinks only water and politely turns down any offers to buy her any other sort of drink.

As the evening progresses and those gathered in the inn relax into the inevitable celebratory drinking, she begins to look a bit uncomfortable and withdraws to her room. Once there she takes out an inkpen and some parchment and spends some time trying to sketch out a map of the town based on what she has seen during the day.

Craft (mapmaking): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

After some time she assesses her map and smiling contentedly to herself, stores it away.

Then taking a moment to examine her injuries from the day she speaks softly to herself. "Iritosha dua Venshio, curarea-ma"

Casts her last spell of the day
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

And with that, she beds down for the night and gets some rest.


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Apologies for the double post - RL intervened before I could finish my previous post.

The following morning, Simflay rises early and after a simple, light breakfast, sets off to wander around Sandpoint some more. Pleased with her mappping last night, she is keen to get a more complete image of the town in her head so she can add further detail to the map later.

At the appointed hour, her wanderings bring her to the cathedral in time to witness the consecration ceremony. The ceremony, though more subdued than that to which the previous day had been building, is nonetheless beautiful and full of hope. Although Simflay is moved by the beauty of both the proceedings and the new building, she is more than a little distracted at the prospect of a meeting with Father Zantus.

After the ceremony, she moves over to talk to the priest.

"Good Day to you Father Zantus. I am so pleased to meet you. I ... uh... oh..." she stutters to a halt as she realises that the rest of the group are also gathered about the priest, along with one of the other officials from the previous day. "Of course they are here you silly girl! You didn't think he just wanted to speak to you did you?" she thinks harshly to herself.

If she was surprised to find the others at the meeting, she is nothing short of astonished at the request to help check out the previous priest's tomb. However before she can give voice to her surprise, Masdok and Grulyn both reply in a tone that makes it sound as if this is the most mundane of requests. She decides to hold her tongue and wait to see what happens next.


"Well, I'll lead the way" the Father says to the Sheriff and the group. Stepping out of the cathedral, you are taken out towards the cemetary. On the way Sheriff Benlock asks you all "So, what's your plans, you going to be staying around Sandpoint for a while?"


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Simflay looks slightly surprised at the Sheriff's question, but after brief consideration, replies ... "I wasn't planning on staying long Sheriff. In truth, I wasn't planning on staying at all. I'm just passing through on my way to Magnimar. But yesterday's ... events, make me think I should stay a few days at least. If those goblins were willing to attack the town then I imagine the roads probably aren't safe to travel. And since Mistress Kaijitsu has so kindly offered us all accommodation for a week, I thought I might stay until the roads are cleared."


"Not a bad idea" the sheriff replies as you all walk towards the cemetary. A few minutes later, you all arrive outside the tomb in question.

"The previous priest isn't the only one who rests here," Father Zantus said "It's also where we put other people who have served the temple in life," he added sombrly. The door does indeed still hangs ajar, and the ground around the place has been churned up.

"We've got it from here Father, I suggest you wait in the temple, just in case. The rest of you - let's see what we can find out about this," he says to the group.

101 to 150 of 299 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.