Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Simmyish

Welcome to Varisia, and to Sandpoint - a small coastal town located to the west of the region. For the last forty-two years, there hasn't been much trouble in this small coastal town, but that is all about to change.


351 to 388 of 388 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Simflay looks slightly surprised at the halfling's form of address.
"Saviours?" she thinks to herself, "We're hardly that. We just helped out as best we could. It's not as if we single handedly stopped the goblin assault."

Still, the job that Sheriff Hemlock gave the group has proven very quiet so far. Sim spent the morning of the first day wandering the streets of the town, but nothing of any interest arose. She wasn't sure if she was doing it wrong or if the job was just naturally a bit dull.

"Of course, Bethana. Lead the way."


The halfling woman leads you to a private room where she pulls out a piece of parchment in her hand.

"I don't want the entire tavern hearing about this, but Ameiko has disappeared. I work the morning shift, and Ameiko has never missed a single day as long as she's worked here, until this morning," she says. "I knocked on her door, and when there was no answer, I took a call to look in, against my better judgement I might add. But I'm glad I did. The bed was unslept in and empty, and there was... this," she says - indicating the piece of crumpled parchment in her hand. "It's in Minkaian, but Ameiko has been teaching me and I've translated it, on the back." Bethana says as she hands you the piece of parchment.


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Simflay examines the note for a moment.

"Well, this is strange and no mistake. Although I must admit, her father did seem a deeply unpleasant man and I could easily see him being involved in some sort of criminal activities, it's a big step from being unpleasant to consorting with monsters to murder your neighbors."

She glances across at Bethana.

"You know Ameiko and her family as we do not Bethana. Do you think her father could be behind this? You're clearly worried for Ameiko, do you think he could be a danger to her and this Tsuto?"


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

Scratching his chin Grulyn thinks for a moment.

"Ah don't like it. Me nose is twitching like it's a trap. Ah be thinking we need to take a lookie at this glass factory. If Ameiko went there and never came back, she could be in trouble."


Bethana looks up and says "Well, I did know Tsuto, when he was a child. His a year older than Ameiko, and was something of a scandal. You see, their mother and father are both humans, yet when he was born, Tsuto was a half-elf. It was impossible to hide the fact that Lonjiku, Ameiko's father, wasn't his father. When he found out, the whole town was talking about it. He was furious. Atsuii, their mother, never revealed the true father's name, but they remained married, for the politics mostly.

As a result, Tsuto was handed over to the Turandarok Academy when he was a child, raised seperately from the rest of the family. His father completely ignored him, and his mother was forbidden from seeing him. Once Ameiko found out about her half-brother, however, when she was about 10 years old, she would visit him a few times a month completely in secret, letting only me know where she was going, to keep him company and bring him some food. She always said she'll find a way to sort it out. Until 4705, two years ago, when they had some kind of argument.

She never told me the details, but the bruising on her face when she returned from one of her visits, I could tell something happened. She never opened up about it though. That's when Ameiko left and became an adventurer for a year, much against the wishes of her parents that is. The following year, her mother died. That's when she came back, for her funeral.

As the whole town know about him now, he was always public in his opinionon that Lonjiku pushed their mother off a cliff to her death. Let's say the funeral got a bit... aggressive between the two of them at that point. Ruined the entire day, Atsuii would have been deeply upset at the two men's behaviour. Lonjiku swung at Tsusto with his cane, and almost broke the man's jaw. That's when he wished the hells pay his dues on him, and Tsutso left the town. Ameiko tried to reach out to him a few times, but was never able to find him.

In response to your question, I'd be more concerned about the danger Tsuto could pose. He and Ameiko didn't leave off on good terms the last time they spoke," Bethana explains. "so I worry if things go like they did last time, then she might be in more danger than we realise," she adds. "I would suggest starting your search at the Glassworks, you'll find it on Glass Street, towards the southwest of the town," she gives directions, which Simflay was already aware of during her own personal tour of Sandpoint when they had a few days to relax.


Chapter One: Burnt Offerings.
Part Three: Glass and Wrath

The process of glassmaking is as much an art as it is a craft, and one that the Kaijitsu Family has held pride in for several generations. After the family was exiled from Tian Xia and made the perilous journey over the crown of the world, their skill at glassmaking played a key role in securing a role among the aristocracy. When the Sandpoint Mercantile League was established to found the town, the kaijitsus were there. Not long after the town of Sandpoint was founded, they began construction of what is now one of the town's most unique and profitable businesses - the Sandpoint Glassworks.

When you arrive outside, the place is curiously silent, but smoke still plumes from the chimney of the furnace.


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Masdok is deeply disturbed and visibly upset about the disappearance of Ameiko. The story about her being bruised by her brother clearly enraged him.

"I'll find her. Are the rest of you with me?" he says, for the first time being explicitly interested in the help of the party.

Brydan isn't coming back, is he?


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

"Ay, lets go find the lass."
"Simflay do you remember how many doors this glass works has?"

Taking a look around.

"Ah not be the most quite of us, Masdok ye want to take a peek inside the door?"


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Simflay looks slightly puzzled at Grulyn's question.
"Hmmm, I'm not really memorising that sort of thing when I wander about town. I have the feeling that there are two though."

There is clear uncertainty in her voice.


Looking around the building, all the curtains have been drawn over the windows that surround the building. There are a total of three doors in the glassworks, one entrance on the southern side, and double door entrances on the southwestern and northeastern sides of the building. All three entrances are locked.


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Masdok inspects each door and finds them all locked. "Can any of you unlock doors? Or shall we be breaking in by window or door?"

how big are the windows?


The windows are about about 5 foot in width and 5 ft 6 inches in height. The windows are about three feet off the ground.


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Simflay will sidle over and peek in through one of the windows - the nearest to the door that Masdok stopped by, only to be thwarted by the curtains. She leans close to the window, trying to listen for activity inside.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

"Unlock doors? Not without a key I'm afraid."


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

"Ah, just usually use me boot or ax on the door.

Looking at the doors

"Well pick a door, a lass could be in trouble while we flap our lips out here."

If need, Str. check to break down a door: 1d2 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

These doors are stronger than I thought
Grulyn thinks to himself.


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

"How about a window?" [I] if Ameiko is in danger in there I don't have time for messing with doors [/I[


The doors are rather secure, so as Grulyn goes to try and break the door down, it doesn't even budge. As Grulyn does that, one of the locals comes over and says "You may have saved our town, but now your breaking into the glassworks? If you want to speak to Lonjiku, you can go to his manor, you don't have to break in!" she says.

In addition to the rumbling, Simflay can also hear what sounds like high pitched giggles, shrieks and the smashing of glass towards the back of the glassworks.


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Looking back at the other two, Simflay speaks urgently.

"I do not think we can afford to waste any time. I can hear smashing and shrieking in there. We should make haste. People are in danger in there, and more, I think, than just Lonjiku's estranged children."


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

Grulyn turns to the local."Go get the priest, I fear we have more troubles inside. GO NOW!"
diplomancy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Then turn back to the door and uses his ax on the lock.
Taking his ax to the door: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 1 = 13
dice+base-power attack

Slashing Damage on door: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13


Taking a swing at the door, it cracks as Grulyn takes his axe to the door. The door is badly damaged, but still in the frame. ((OOC: The door now has the broken condition, meaning it will be a little easier to break down)).


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Masdok tries to launch himself bodily through the nearest window


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

"AH, good idea lad, a two point attack." Watching Masdok go through the window as Grulyn takes another swing at the lock.

Taking his ax to the door: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 1 = 4
dice+base-power attack

Slashing Damage on door: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9

But he was watching Masdok and not his aim.


Masdok's Acrobatics for window jumping: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Masdok smashes through the Window as Grulyn continues to try knocking down the door.

Masdok finds himself in a corridor that goes to the southwest and southeast. At the end of the southeastern branch is a set of double doors, while the southwestern corridor turns towards the south, where there are single doors on both the eastern and western wall, before the corridor once again turns southeast leading down a long hallway to another set of double doors. About three quarters down the length of the hallway is another single door.

The thrumming of the furnace comes through the first southeastern doors.


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Masdok leans out the window and gestures insistently for the others to quickly join him.

Then he starts heading towards the "back" of the glassworks where the shattering sounds were heard earlier.


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

Shrugging his shoulder Grulyn makes his way through the window. On the other side he readies his shield and ax. looking around for dangers he fallows Masdok's lead to the back of the glassworks.


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Simflay looks slightly startled at Masdok crashing through the window. For a moment her hair whips about as though caught up in a gust of wind. When Grulyn follows Masdok in she glances about for a moment as if hoping that a previously unnoticed and unlocked door might have suddenly appeared. When no such miracle is seen to have occurred she follows the other two in through the window.


The group goes through the double doors heading southwest, which leads into a large room, about 80 feet across. Streching along the southeast wall is a large furnace, currently in operation. In the room are a number of marble tables, where signs of work are noticeable (glass on the counters that has solidified where it has dropped etc). Near to those are wooden tables with various glassmaking tools. The furnace rumbles very loudly as it continues to burn. Towards the northeastern end of the furnace, there is a large chamber that burns with a hot blue light. The pipe from there then runs southwest, making it to smaller, more progressively cooler furnaces that would be used to ensure the glass stays at the right temperature to be worked, and also to ensure the right temperature as it cools.

Scattered around the place are eight human bodies, in various stages of dismemberment. Propped up in a chair, in the central alcove of the room, is a humanoid figure completely encased in thick, runny sheets of hardened glass. Inside the glass, with a look of horror, is the man that came to The Rusty Dragon Inn just a few days before. The same man you saw arguing with Ameiko, Lonjiku - her father.

Cutting away at the limbs of the dead bodies around the glassworks, and coating them in molten glass themselves, are eight goblins, who seem to have free reign of the place. Due to the noise of the furnace, they don't seem to have noticed you.


As it has been christmas, I don't mind the delay, however now the holiday period is coming to an end, thought I'd let you know in case "don't seemed to have noticed you" isn't clear enough - you guys have a surprise round on these 8 goblins.


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

Grulyn charges the goblins.
"Filthy rodents!"
Charge power attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 - 1 + 2 = 17
dice+Base+Goblin-PA+Charge
Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15

AC is -2


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Simflay will take advantage of the opportunity to call down her protective Air Barrier. A brief flurry of air swirls around her, protecting her from harm.

+3 bonus to AC for an hour


Still waiting on Masdok's surprise round action :)


Just messaged Masdok as it's been a week, will give him until the 18th before we decide what to do next :)


Female Sylph Oracle 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:13 T:12 FF:11 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | Saves F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +8 | Perception:+1
Tracker:
for temporary things

Hopefully, things will resolve themselves and he will be back soon.


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

weird. Haven't been seeing RSS updates for this game!


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Masdok also charges at the goblins, longspear ready.

longspear, charge: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 = 26
cold iron, piercing: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

I think I fixed my RSS configuration so I should be getting notifications now. I stopped getting them over the holidays and then, to my embarrassment, forgot about this game. Glad to be back!


No worries, that's why I send messages before just getting rid of someone :P

Masdok and Grulyn go charging in, both of them instantly taking out a goblin each, getting rid of two of them. With that, the others look over toward the two new entries, giving Simflay the chance to get ready for battle. Two of the six remaining goblins swing molten tongs, getting ready to attack, and the other four pull out their dogslicers, their faces twisting into toothy smiles.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Male Dwarf Paladin 1 HP 6 /12 AC 16 ( Touch 9 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref -1 | Will +4 / CMB +4 | CMD 13 / Init -1 / Perception +2

I assume init rolls
Init roll: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3


Oh, I forgot to name the dice roll there to make that obvious - yep it's initiative time :)


Male N Human (Shoanti) Slayer 1 | HP 17 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

351 to 388 of 388 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.