Talanor, the Last Haven (Table #2)

Game Master Valjoen_KC

Current Date: 17th of Selefis, 7995 E.C.

Campaign Maps

Maps of Æustëria

Wiki of Æustëra

Quartermaster List


1 to 50 of 567 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

Most of the world of Æustëria has been destroyed, and most of the inhabitants have been sucked into the vortex before the Hazard could contain it. Bærwynnd, the 1st Hazard of Talanor had inadvertently come close to destroying the world. But Amus, the Goddess of Time, intervened, and a handful of mortals were saved at the last moment and awoke in the Bright Tower of Talanor. While the Bærwynnd remained locked in an epic struggle to keep the vortex sealed, the heroes were sent on quest to gather the surviving Hazards throughout the devastated world. Having reached Earthenwork, the capital city of the Kingdom of Haemil, they worked with the Rhykal, the 16th Hazard of Haemil, to unseal the Circle of the Whispering Wind. This ancient portal allowed the King of Haemil to send his people to the safety of the Vale of Talanor. Arriving in the Vale, the people of Haemil have discovered the refuge they sought is but a ghost of a town filled with the armies of the undead and a few survivors of the destruction of Æustëra.

The cold air bites at your lungs as you take a deep breath. For two days you have waited at the Bright Tower, biding your time as the garrison of city guards made brief skirmishes into The Point trying to clear the streets and alleyways of the rampant undead swarming the district. Food and drink was being provided from a few arcane sources but the Hazard of Haemil had immediately disappeared into the highest levels of the tower and hadn’t been seen since.

Prior to the refugees’ arrival, Sautekh had stumbled out of The Peaks and across the guarded streets of the estates. Battered and beaten by the undead he had encountered, he made his way through the gates under the rocky hillsides and into the Point. As another, larger group of undead bore down upon him, Titan the Hunter came upon him. Helping the paladin climb on to his grizzly companion, the inquisitor and his bear raced across the bridge and into the safety of the Bright Tower.

One week ago, on the 10th of Selefis, Randall had made his way to the tower from Eastgate. Accompanied by a trio of elves and a few humans, they were led across Oldtown by a group of dwarves. As they made their way down the Dragon Road towards the gatehouse, a low rumbling of voices could be heard. Swelling out from the alleys, a horde of undead ambled after the group who escaped through the Bright Gate before it was shut and barricaded. There, they met Marcusic, a skald from Haemil that had traveled to Talanor before the storm that broke the world. He had been dubbed Constable by the wizards of the tower and charged with organizing and aiding any survivors of the Shaping.

Inside the tower, Kayin had set up a small general store in one of the guest chambers. Although a capable fighter, he had excelled these past, dark days as a master trader. Procuring items from one source, only to trade it quickly for a profit to a waiting buyer. During this time, before the portal opened and the tower filled with the homeless highlanders, Sautekh and Titan had accompanied Marcusic into the Point to ferry supplies and news back from Eastgate. Kayin had joined them on occasion, trying to scavenge what he could from the city before any wandering dead found them. Randall had also joined them once or twice, as the tiefling was eager to reestablish a connection to the paladin.

On the 15th of Selefis, the refugees arrived and space became cramped. The City Guard of Earthenwork have coordinated with the Bright Tower to begin clearing The Point for the refugees to inhabit. However, things haven't gone smoothly as undead have been found most everywhere. This morning, the 17th of Selefis, a call has gone out to all able bodied persons to report to the Bridge to assist. Marcusic, coordinating with the City Guard, began to assemble several teams under his command. He quickly called upon the foursome to lend a hand. Knowing that the everyone must pull together and that the spoils of what they found in the city would be theirs to keep as Kayin had eagerly reminded them, all of them heeded the call. Waiting at the mustering point on the far edge of the bridge, the group spotted Marcusic making his way slowly through the throngs of people. The constable stopped and looked to be talking to a half-elven female with an oversized axe. She nods and stands, towering over Marcusic. The pair walks straight over to the group.

”Sautekh… Titan… Kayin and Randall… I’d like you to meet Muraisa of the First Lands. That is, if you haven’t already had the pleasure,” he says with a large grin. ”The day is sure to be long, and strong axes shouldn't be overlooked. If you run into trouble, just fall back to the bridge.” Marcusic turns and waves a hand at another group. ”Excuse me for a minute. I’ll come back by after making an announcement.”


Paladin 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 20, T 11, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs Evil) | CMB +4, CMD 16 | Perc-1 | Init +3 | LoH 4/4
Skills:
Acrobatics -5 (-9 to jump), Craft (armor) +7, Diplomacy +8, Handle Animal +8, Heal +1, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Sense Motive +4, Stealth -7, Survival -1 (+1 to avoid becoming lost)

The Aasimar waited patiently and listened to Marcusic as he began to speak. His eyes quickly darting to the woman in question before he focuses on Marcusic again. At his conclusion, he nods.

When he was gone he turns to Muraisa and gives a slight bow
"A pleasure to meet you Lady Muraisa. I am known as Sautekh. Paladin of the goddess Selafahn. It will be an honour working with you"


Male Wrathspawn Tiefling Unchained Rogue 1 / Unchained Monk (Softstriker) 1
Vital Statistics:
[HP 18/18] [AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10] [Spd 20 | Init + 6 | Per +7/+8] [F +2 | R +8 | W +2]
Weapon Statistics:
[Longspear +1 (Reach) | 1d8 P | x3] [Melee Unarmed (Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d6 B | 20/x2] [Melee Unarmed (Non-Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d8 B | 20/x2] [Melee/Ranged Dagger +1/+5 | 1d4 P/S | Rg 10 | 19-20/x2] [Stunning Fist 1/1]

A lanky silhouette of middling height slips from shadow to shadow as the group walks. He isn't doing it consciously; years of hiding in the dark corners has caused it to become second nature. As they walk, he tosses a dagger casually into the air, flipping it over and over, then sliding it along his knuckles. He doesn't remember the last time he used it; a time before the monastery, at least. He sighs and slips the dagger into its belt sheath. Not a path he cares to walk down. There is enough horror going on around them without adding those of the past to the mix.

When they reach Marcusic, he nods at his words and watches him go. Not for the first time, he wonders what sort of burden the man carries with his position as Constable. The highest law in a dead land, he muses. A thread slips through the thought, a dark thread, inexplicable but impossible to miss, feels a sharp, cruel pleasure at the almost palpable weight on Marcusic's shoulders.

As soon as it arrives, it's gone, leaving a cold, horrible guilt twisting in his gut like a frenetic serpent. He closes his eyes and takes ten slow, deep breaths.

Lorÿndol guide my hand to its target.
Lorÿndol guide my ear to the hymn of the Multiverse.
Lorÿndol guide my eye to the threads that bind the Weave.
Lorÿndol guide my heart to the fire that cleanses.
Lorÿndol guide my shadow into the light.

Mantra completed, he opens his eyes. He doesn't really feel all that much better, but he supposes he can't keep sulking. He turns and grins amicably at the towering woman, thrusting out an ashen-colored hand. The teeth he bares are slightly pointed, and his strange, gold-flecked eyes sparkle mischievously. "Hey there. Randall Shadowcrown. A pleasure, friend."


Paladin 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 20, T 11, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs Evil) | CMB +4, CMD 16 | Perc-1 | Init +3 | LoH 4/4
Skills:
Acrobatics -5 (-9 to jump), Craft (armor) +7, Diplomacy +8, Handle Animal +8, Heal +1, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Sense Motive +4, Stealth -7, Survival -1 (+1 to avoid becoming lost)

It's been quite crazy the last few days. Having a time to just talk about things have eluded them. So he simply shakes his head with a smile as Randall introduces himself.


HP 18/18 Stamina 1/1| AC 16/13/13 | CMD 15 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +2 | Per +6 | Init +3
Class & Skills:
Fighter (Lore Warden) 1/Oracle (Dual-Cursed Warsighted) 1 | Acro. +10, Bluff +4, S.craft +7
Combat:
30 ft. (30 ft.) | Melee +5/+1/+4 (r/sw/k, lm, b) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2 (r/(sw), k, lm) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2/-5 (r/(sw), k, lm/b)| CMB +4 (+6 disarm); weapon cord attached: #1 Yes (rapier), #2 No

After being dragged by the Constable out of the comfort of the Bright Tower, lessened though it is by the recent influx of ragged leftovers from Haemil's fall, Kayin finds himself a spot out of the press and makes himself as comfortable as the conditions allow. Letting the mismatched duo make the initial introductions, the slight man uses the time that they buy to consider this new face, with much of his attention resting on that overly-large weapon she bears. It looks valuable, but he doubts that there's anyone around, besides Muraisa herself obviously, who could actually use the thing properly. Not something he could make a deal over then, Kayin finally decides.

"Kayin, purveyor of needful things. No coin, only trade," he finally says, when it becomes clear that it is his turn to speak up and make himself known. His demeanor suggests that while he is here by choice, it is not his choice. With this scant nod toward social niceties, Kayin falls silent and turns his attention to the tumbled ruins and lifeless structures of their destination, clearly able to make them out in spite of the pervasive darkness.


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

At the edge of the bridge, you see Marcusic climb atop the handrail. Holding on to a lightpost that softly flickers, he addresses the makeshift militia. "We've taken control of The Tired Flame Inn. Just to the northeast," he says pointing to the two story tavern just beyond the end of the bridge. "Sir Cássyon and the City Guard are going to concentrate their efforts on securing the buildings along the Lake Road. Hopefully, they will clear the area all the way to the Estate's gatehouse. Obviously, we need to stop the flow of undead coming from that district. I've organized you into squads to assist the city guard in clearing the surrounding area. We'll work outward from the Inn in all directions... barricading the streets and alleyways until we feel they're secure." Marcusic pauses briefly as the murmur of discussion among the squads dies down.

"We'll have a few guards stationed at the barricades to make sure we aren't overrun. If you are overwhelmed, make your way as best you can to the main road... the Dragon Road... and return to the bridge," he continues, pointing at the major thoroughfare that everyone has come to know as the Dead Road. "I'll be coming around with maps and your specific objective. Please be patient... thank you for volunteering." Marcusic begins to climb down as the voices drown out each other.

Several minutes later, Marcusic returns to you. The constable hands Toraim a map of The Point. Link at the top of the page and under the GM profile.

"We'd like you to assist with securing the Lake Road leading south. Your first target will be the Second Scribe (#3). We don't expect to find much of value there, but it's necessary to have it secured in order to open Cherry Lane and move the barricades further south. Once you clear the shop, send word to me at the inn, and I'll send someone to occupy it while you hit another target. Questions?"


Male Wrathspawn Tiefling Unchained Rogue 1 / Unchained Monk (Softstriker) 1
Vital Statistics:
[HP 18/18] [AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10] [Spd 20 | Init + 6 | Per +7/+8] [F +2 | R +8 | W +2]
Weapon Statistics:
[Longspear +1 (Reach) | 1d8 P | x3] [Melee Unarmed (Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d6 B | 20/x2] [Melee Unarmed (Non-Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d8 B | 20/x2] [Melee/Ranged Dagger +1/+5 | 1d4 P/S | Rg 10 | 19-20/x2] [Stunning Fist 1/1]

Randall studies the map for several moments without answering. Lots of cramped spaces and tight corners means lots of shadows. Plenty of spots to get ambushed. But... plenty of spots to do some ambushing, just as like.

Rand looks up, gives Marcusic a lopsided grin, and salutes awkwardly. "You got it, boss. Second Scribe is as good as ours."


Barbarian 2 | HP -2/26 | AC 17/15, T 11, FF 16/14 | Fort +4 (+1 vs Poison), Ref +1, Will +1 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Perc +9 | Init +3 | Rage - 8 rounds

Muraisa looked over the assembled people and grinned, leaning the axe against her shoulder with a grunt. She was wearing a long, slightly worn coat over her armour and a large hat to keep the weather off her head. Bandoliers held vials of something, stoppered for now, and her heavy pack was covered in a variety of pouches and bottles.

"Nice to meet you all," the hefty woman said cheerfully. She reached up one hand, covered with ornate and glowing tattoos, and pushed her hair off one ear revealing even more. "Anyone know what the plan is today?"


HP 18/18 Stamina 1/1| AC 16/13/13 | CMD 15 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +2 | Per +6 | Init +3
Class & Skills:
Fighter (Lore Warden) 1/Oracle (Dual-Cursed Warsighted) 1 | Acro. +10, Bluff +4, S.craft +7
Combat:
30 ft. (30 ft.) | Melee +5/+1/+4 (r/sw/k, lm, b) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2 (r/(sw), k, lm) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2/-5 (r/(sw), k, lm/b)| CMB +4 (+6 disarm); weapon cord attached: #1 Yes (rapier), #2 No

Drawing nearer to examine the map for himself, Kayin's brow furrows as he begins to pick out the details and match them to what little he knows of the area. Having a name to work with only speeds the process, and he nods as the desired course becomes clear in his head. Hearing the question from Marcusic, he steps forward to get the man's attention. "Yes, I've got a question," he quickly replies. "If we do find anything worth recovering, what's the split on that?" Noticing the expressions on onlookers within earshot that this question produces, Kayin defends himself without pause. "Don't give me that, I know supplies are needed for everyone. But it's not everyone risking their necks to find this stuff and bring it back, now is it?"

Crossing his arms with a defiant glare for those giving him the worst looks, he continues. "I have plans that don't involve me being crammed six to a room inside that Tower until I'm old and gray, living on scraps. And those plans need resources, resources that I damn well aim to have if I'm paying for them in blood and pain." Turning from his critics with a dismissive snort, the smaller man turns his attention back to the larger with an eyebrow lifted expectantly. "So again, what's the split?"


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

If Marcusic looked puzzled at Muraisa's question, he was humored with Kayin's. "While we're mainly interested on securing shelter for everyone, I'd appreciate any furniture, bedding, pots, pans, cooking stuff... you know, basic household items... to be left for the new residents. Food, drink and the like should be turned in for inspection... we're guessing that somethings will have turned bad in the past five weeks. If you find anything else that you think is valuable and you can fit in your pack, it's all yours."

I'm assuming everyone is packing fairly light. That is, you've left some of the more heavy gear behind wherever you've been camping in and around the tower for the past few days. I'm not going to police it, but expect you to know what you've brought along.

The Exchange

Male Human Sacred Huntmaster 2 | HP: 20/20 l AC: 19 /T: 13/FF: 16 l Fort: +4, Ref: +4, W: +7 l Init: +6 l Per: +8 l Movement: 30

Titan poorly disguises a grimace when Marcuisic gives his instructions. End of the world or not, he was not accustomed to taking orders from strangers. Bjorkus gives a rumbling snort, entirely disinterested in the words being shared between his master and the other humanoids.

He gives the newcomer woman a glance and the slightest of nods. His indifferent expression softens slightly seeing other survivors he recognizes.

Titan is a tall lean man of northern descent. Despite any outward signs of impressive physical prowess the deliberate motion of his rangy frame hints at a predator's power and grace. His auburn hair and short well-kept beard match almost perfectly the hulking ursine companion at the man's side.

His mail, bow, and weapons are well cared for but worn, unadorned, and largely unremarkable. Around his neck, hanging from a braided hide cord is a polished onyx palm-sized disk.

"Titan", he offers amid the other introductions. "And that's Bjorkus."

Hearing his name prompts the young grizzly bear to look up long enough to give a huff of acknowledgment.

Being a super strong quadruped, Bjorkus can function as a pack mule if the need arises.


Paladin 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 20, T 11, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs Evil) | CMB +4, CMD 16 | Perc-1 | Init +3 | LoH 4/4
Skills:
Acrobatics -5 (-9 to jump), Craft (armor) +7, Diplomacy +8, Handle Animal +8, Heal +1, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Sense Motive +4, Stealth -7, Survival -1 (+1 to avoid becoming lost)

Sautekh looks at the one named Kayin, he shakes his head. Risking life and limb to protect those who cannot protect themselves, during all this chaos, and he brings up rewards. Every town seems to have one of those, even in the current situation people found themselves in

He lifts an eyebrow as the half-elf speaks. Yes, he met her, even briefly, but now she seems a bit different. Less formal. There was something about that, that peaked his interest. HE gives her a smile
"We have our duties, to go and secure the place called Second Scribe. As our humble commander asked. After that, we will wait and see" he pauses for a second, his ears twitching, then focused on her again "I believe you are quite proficient with that weapon. I will be your shield should you require it" he gives a slight nod

He then turns to Ran "Don't wander too far from us in this mess my friend, unlike a few years back, this is not the place to do your vanishing acts. We need to be able to help each other at a moments notice"

Hearing Titan speak up, he gives the man a knowing smile. Once again, silently thanking him for saving him when his strength failed him


HP 18/18 Stamina 1/1| AC 16/13/13 | CMD 15 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +2 | Per +6 | Init +3
Class & Skills:
Fighter (Lore Warden) 1/Oracle (Dual-Cursed Warsighted) 1 | Acro. +10, Bluff +4, S.craft +7
Combat:
30 ft. (30 ft.) | Melee +5/+1/+4 (r/sw/k, lm, b) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2 (r/(sw), k, lm) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2/-5 (r/(sw), k, lm/b)| CMB +4 (+6 disarm); weapon cord attached: #1 Yes (rapier), #2 No

With his paltry Strength score, Kayin is going in with virtually nothing but what he's actually wearing. Hurray for location-based campaigns where this is feasible :D.

Of course, he won't say "no" to a helpful pack bear though.

Kayin finds little to quibble about in regards to Marcusic's decision, nodding briefly to indicate his acceptance of the Constable's terms. "That'll work out just fine then," he says with an almost happy tone of voice. Contrary to his attitude moments before, now Kayin seems eager to get started on this assignment.


Barbarian 2 | HP -2/26 | AC 17/15, T 11, FF 16/14 | Fort +4 (+1 vs Poison), Ref +1, Will +1 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Perc +9 | Init +3 | Rage - 8 rounds

Sorry GM, I didn't see your post when I was writing mine, and Paizo is still doing that 'your post and other changes will only show up a few minutes later' trick.

Watching the bear with interest, the bulky barbarian woman replied, "Oh, sorry. Take the inn. Get supplies. Crush any undead into a vile smelling paste and set the remains on fire. I'm sure we can manage that." She laughed cheerfully. "I'm not sure it was wise to tell me I can take any of the booze they left lying around, but it's good pay for now."

Studying the map for a moment, Muraisa mused, "Heading down the main road seems simple, but we'll be spotted by at least a few undead on the way. If we head down through the houses we'll probably have more of them to deal with, but fewer at any one moment. Easier to be cut off from the fallback though. Plus we don't know what the inn contains." She glanced at the others. "Any preferences?"

Muarisa will have about half her alcohol, food for seven days and her adventuring gear.


HP 18/18 Stamina 1/1| AC 16/13/13 | CMD 15 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +2 | Per +6 | Init +3
Class & Skills:
Fighter (Lore Warden) 1/Oracle (Dual-Cursed Warsighted) 1 | Acro. +10, Bluff +4, S.craft +7
Combat:
30 ft. (30 ft.) | Melee +5/+1/+4 (r/sw/k, lm, b) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2 (r/(sw), k, lm) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2/-5 (r/(sw), k, lm/b)| CMB +4 (+6 disarm); weapon cord attached: #1 Yes (rapier), #2 No

Hearing Muraisa's comment about alcohol, Kayin actually grins and reaches out to tap a spot on the map with the tip of his left index finger, one not very far west of their objective. "That's the spot to visit if strong drink is your desired reward. Cracked Barrel Brewery, provider of fine ales. I did a little scavenging there before hauling for safety in the Tower, the place got rattled good and hard like most everything else in the Point, but it was still standing when I left, and most of the stuff inside was still unspilled as well." He then looks up--and up some more--at the woman. "And, uh, our goal isn't an inn. The Second Scribe is, or rather, was a scrivener's shop. Good place for books, if you like that sort of thing."

Thinking on their exact course of action, Kayin purses his lips thoughtfully while alternating glances between the map and actual terrain depicted upon it. "I think we should just haul down the road to the Scribe, get it cleared of anything that might inside, and then fort up to take on whatever decides to wander our way. Any reinforcements sent our way would have a much better time hammering those corpses into the dirt if they don't have trickle through alleys and sidestreets to reach us."


Barbarian 2 | HP -2/26 | AC 17/15, T 11, FF 16/14 | Fort +4 (+1 vs Poison), Ref +1, Will +1 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Perc +9 | Init +3 | Rage - 8 rounds

Muraisa looks surprised. "Really? It sounds like an inn. But eh, I'm sure we'll find plenty of...paper?" She considered for a moment. "What do scribes do, anyway? Other than write and sell books?" She looked at the map again, obviously more interested in the Brewery, but focuses on the Disappointing Scribe.

"Sounds reasonable, and it leaves those streets as potential escape routes if we bite off more than we can chew. Maybe we could reach another building, in a pinch, from the upper floors. Should we take anything to help barricade it, or will all the bookshelves do in a pinch?"


HP 18/18 Stamina 1/1| AC 16/13/13 | CMD 15 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +2 | Per +6 | Init +3
Class & Skills:
Fighter (Lore Warden) 1/Oracle (Dual-Cursed Warsighted) 1 | Acro. +10, Bluff +4, S.craft +7
Combat:
30 ft. (30 ft.) | Melee +5/+1/+4 (r/sw/k, lm, b) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2 (r/(sw), k, lm) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2/-5 (r/(sw), k, lm/b)| CMB +4 (+6 disarm); weapon cord attached: #1 Yes (rapier), #2 No

Kayin frowns as he dimly recalls his last visit to the Second Scribe, before the Shaping occurred. "Don't know what the upper floor might have, but the shop level had quite a few shelves along the walls, and there were a number of fairly sturdy desks as well. Don't know if those shelves were fixed to the walls, though. And they ran a message service out of there," he adds as an afterthought. "I know that they covered the Vale, at least, and maybe further as well."

The Exchange

Male Human Sacred Huntmaster 2 | HP: 20/20 l AC: 19 /T: 13/FF: 16 l Fort: +4, Ref: +4, W: +7 l Init: +6 l Per: +8 l Movement: 30

While the chattier elements of his new party converse, Titan studies the provided map.

"Do any of you have bows or slings? Most of the dead men I've seen have been slow and dumb as stones. If we start to get overwhelmed and we have to fall back to the main road as the constable said, there's plenty of clearing to whittle them down as we retreat."

In the time we've all been refugees have we encountered anything scarier than the usual zombies?


Male Wrathspawn Tiefling Unchained Rogue 1 / Unchained Monk (Softstriker) 1
Vital Statistics:
[HP 18/18] [AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10] [Spd 20 | Init + 6 | Per +7/+8] [F +2 | R +8 | W +2]
Weapon Statistics:
[Longspear +1 (Reach) | 1d8 P | x3] [Melee Unarmed (Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d6 B | 20/x2] [Melee Unarmed (Non-Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d8 B | 20/x2] [Melee/Ranged Dagger +1/+5 | 1d4 P/S | Rg 10 | 19-20/x2] [Stunning Fist 1/1]

Randall gives Sautekh a toothy grin. "Now, Sootie, you know I work best when the enemy can't see me comin'. And how am I supposed to stay all sneaky-like standing next ta you, Captain Clinklank?" He gives the aasimar's armor a playful poke. "Don't you worry none. I won't wander too far, promise."

He listens to the others discuss tactics. When Muraisa brings up alcohol, Randall sighs wistfully. "I remember booze. I miss booze." He stares off into the distance a bit. As he does, he absently scoops a small handful of ash and dirt from a bag on his belt and shovels it into his mouth, chewing thoughtfully as he reminisces.


HP 18/18 Stamina 1/1| AC 16/13/13 | CMD 15 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +2 | Per +6 | Init +3
Class & Skills:
Fighter (Lore Warden) 1/Oracle (Dual-Cursed Warsighted) 1 | Acro. +10, Bluff +4, S.craft +7
Combat:
30 ft. (30 ft.) | Melee +5/+1/+4 (r/sw/k, lm, b) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2 (r/(sw), k, lm) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2/-5 (r/(sw), k, lm/b)| CMB +4 (+6 disarm); weapon cord attached: #1 Yes (rapier), #2 No

Distracted by his efforts to recall the interior of the Second Scribe, Kayin doesn't notice the odd meal being consumed, but the huntsman's question does get his attention, and he shakes his head as he answers it. "No, nothing like that for me. Most of the weapons I've got now were found after the disaster, and what few bows I found were either too damaged to use or broken entirely. Didn't find any slings, but then, I didn't think to look for any either."


Paladin 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 20, T 11, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs Evil) | CMB +4, CMD 16 | Perc-1 | Init +3 | LoH 4/4
Skills:
Acrobatics -5 (-9 to jump), Craft (armor) +7, Diplomacy +8, Handle Animal +8, Heal +1, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Sense Motive +4, Stealth -7, Survival -1 (+1 to avoid becoming lost)

Sautekh chuckles
"I didnt say you have to be next to me, I simply ask that you do not stray too far. I can not provide protection, or even the little healing i have, if i can not get to you or if i can not find you"

Then to Titan, he nods
"I do have a very basic bow. I am not very good at using it, but i can use it in an emergency"


Male Wrathspawn Tiefling Unchained Rogue 1 / Unchained Monk (Softstriker) 1
Vital Statistics:
[HP 18/18] [AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10] [Spd 20 | Init + 6 | Per +7/+8] [F +2 | R +8 | W +2]
Weapon Statistics:
[Longspear +1 (Reach) | 1d8 P | x3] [Melee Unarmed (Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d6 B | 20/x2] [Melee Unarmed (Non-Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d8 B | 20/x2] [Melee/Ranged Dagger +1/+5 | 1d4 P/S | Rg 10 | 19-20/x2] [Stunning Fist 1/1]

Randall makes a face at Titan's question and makes a wavering gesture with his hand. "Ehhh..." He draws a dagger, flips it a few times, and slips it back into its sheath. "I got a couple small blades, but that's it. I'm more an up-close-and-personal kinda guy. I can see about procuring a sling before we head out. Supplies are short, but a sling should be simple enough."


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

@Titan - zombies has been the bulk of what any of you might have encountered to date.

@All - Could I get a standard marching order and the route your taking to get to the Second Scribe?


HP 18/18 Stamina 1/1| AC 16/13/13 | CMD 15 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +2 | Per +6 | Init +3
Class & Skills:
Fighter (Lore Warden) 1/Oracle (Dual-Cursed Warsighted) 1 | Acro. +10, Bluff +4, S.craft +7
Combat:
30 ft. (30 ft.) | Melee +5/+1/+4 (r/sw/k, lm, b) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2 (r/(sw), k, lm) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2/-5 (r/(sw), k, lm/b)| CMB +4 (+6 disarm); weapon cord attached: #1 Yes (rapier), #2 No

I vote Dragon Road, and my position will be toward the center-rear, where I've got the folks with more hit points and AC between me and anything coming from the front or sides.

Note that as soon as we actually get moving, Kayin will begin to cast resistance on himself, recasting it as soon as it expires, so his saves will have +1 as long as that continues. He'll keep the verbal components quiet as much as possible, but only stop if full stealth is called for.


Male Wrathspawn Tiefling Unchained Rogue 1 / Unchained Monk (Softstriker) 1
Vital Statistics:
[HP 18/18] [AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10] [Spd 20 | Init + 6 | Per +7/+8] [F +2 | R +8 | W +2]
Weapon Statistics:
[Longspear +1 (Reach) | 1d8 P | x3] [Melee Unarmed (Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d6 B | 20/x2] [Melee Unarmed (Non-Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d8 B | 20/x2] [Melee/Ranged Dagger +1/+5 | 1d4 P/S | Rg 10 | 19-20/x2] [Stunning Fist 1/1]

Rand will roam off to the side, keeping to the shadows. He'll stay 30ft away at most. If there are no shadows to hide in, he'll hang just behind the front-liners.

Let me know if/when you need a Stealth check.


Barbarian 2 | HP -2/26 | AC 17/15, T 11, FF 16/14 | Fort +4 (+1 vs Poison), Ref +1, Will +1 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Perc +9 | Init +3 | Rage - 8 rounds

Muraisa nodded to Titan's question. "I have a spear-sling, and a few javelin's to use in it. Can't say I'm much of a shot, though. If anyone needs them, I can share out the javelins it uses." She gestured with a glowing thumb over her shoulder to the neat little bundle of the simple throwing weapon.

Looking at the map again, she added, "If we're going down the road I should likely go to one side, where I can thwack anything coming out of the buildings, or up front to clear the way." Muraisa nodded to the axe as an obvious reason for why clearing stuff was her thing.


Paladin 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 20, T 11, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs Evil) | CMB +4, CMD 16 | Perc-1 | Init +3 | LoH 4/4
Skills:
Acrobatics -5 (-9 to jump), Craft (armor) +7, Diplomacy +8, Handle Animal +8, Heal +1, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Sense Motive +4, Stealth -7, Survival -1 (+1 to avoid becoming lost)

having the highest AC, Sautekh will be up front. My day just started. Will post IC when I can

The Exchange

Male Human Sacred Huntmaster 2 | HP: 20/20 l AC: 19 /T: 13/FF: 16 l Fort: +4, Ref: +4, W: +7 l Init: +6 l Per: +8 l Movement: 30

Titan and Bjorkus will bring up the rear.


HP 18/18 Stamina 1/1| AC 16/13/13 | CMD 15 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +2 | Per +6 | Init +3
Class & Skills:
Fighter (Lore Warden) 1/Oracle (Dual-Cursed Warsighted) 1 | Acro. +10, Bluff +4, S.craft +7
Combat:
30 ft. (30 ft.) | Melee +5/+1/+4 (r/sw/k, lm, b) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2 (r/(sw), k, lm) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2/-5 (r/(sw), k, lm/b)| CMB +4 (+6 disarm); weapon cord attached: #1 Yes (rapier), #2 No

So Muraisa and Sautehk up front, the former building-side, then Kayin, then Titan and Bjorkus, with Randall flitting about as best the shadows permit? Sounds good to me.


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

GM Screen:

1d12 ⇒ 3

@Titan - Could you add Bjorkus's stats to your profile?

When the City Guard begins to file out muster point, several groups of the makeshift militia do the same. Taking point, Sautekh and Muraisa lead the group south down the Dragon Road.

The cold air is still and only the sound of footsteps echoes through the district. To the east, several groups of city guards noisily shuffle towards several buildings. Taking flanking positions on either side of doors, and forcing their way inside. Just beyond a dark, side street leading southwest, a two-story building sits quietly. Two windows on the northside are shuttered from the inside. Moving around the east side, the group spots the entrance marked by a single, wooden door. Beyond it, another window is shuttered. A sign hanging above the door depicts a scroll and a quill.

All is quiet.


Barbarian 2 | HP -2/26 | AC 17/15, T 11, FF 16/14 | Fort +4 (+1 vs Poison), Ref +1, Will +1 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Perc +9 | Init +3 | Rage - 8 rounds

Muraisa moved towards the door slowly, listening for noise more than using her eyes. She could possibly open the door as well, but figured someone else should try - her method of opening the door tended to be rather permanent, and they might need that door later.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


HP 18/18 Stamina 1/1| AC 16/13/13 | CMD 15 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +2 | Per +6 | Init +3
Class & Skills:
Fighter (Lore Warden) 1/Oracle (Dual-Cursed Warsighted) 1 | Acro. +10, Bluff +4, S.craft +7
Combat:
30 ft. (30 ft.) | Melee +5/+1/+4 (r/sw/k, lm, b) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2 (r/(sw), k, lm) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2/-5 (r/(sw), k, lm/b)| CMB +4 (+6 disarm); weapon cord attached: #1 Yes (rapier), #2 No

From the moment they leave the relative safety of the bridge, the oracle begins to periodically mutter while waving his right hand, then taps himself on the right leg. This repeats regularly during their walk to the target, and anyone familiar with the act of spellcasting can tell right off that this is what he's doing. If anyone is curious, Spellcraft DC 15 to figure that he's casting resistance.

Between the repeated castings of whatever spell he's using, Kayin keeps an attentive watch for anything that might be a threat, but doesn't worry overly much about missing anything; with six sets of ears and eyes in their group, he's confident that someone will be able to keep any ambushes from occuring. Their arrival at the Second Scribe is another matter, however, and he listens and looks are carefully for any hint of danger from within.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Keeping his voice low, the small man looks around curiously at his companions, pupils unnervingly large in the starlit-darkness. "Okay, we're here. How are we going to do this, quick and noisy or as sneaky as we can manage? Before we go in, I can see about poking anything that might inside with a couple of spells that'll make it look and sound like someone's walking around in the shop," he offers with a look at the waiting door.

Effects: Resistance (1 minute duration, reapplied as soon as expired).


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

The map is updated with your approach to the Second Scribe, please move yourselves with any postings.


Male Wrathspawn Tiefling Unchained Rogue 1 / Unchained Monk (Softstriker) 1
Vital Statistics:
[HP 18/18] [AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10] [Spd 20 | Init + 6 | Per +7/+8] [F +2 | R +8 | W +2]
Weapon Statistics:
[Longspear +1 (Reach) | 1d8 P | x3] [Melee Unarmed (Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d6 B | 20/x2] [Melee Unarmed (Non-Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d8 B | 20/x2] [Melee/Ranged Dagger +1/+5 | 1d4 P/S | Rg 10 | 19-20/x2] [Stunning Fist 1/1]

Randall lopes quietly around the outside of the building, keeping to the darkest corners and watching the ground and corners for anything suspicious.

Stealth check, and Perception to look for anything out of the ordinary or dangerous.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 (+1 vs. Traps)


Male Grizzly Bear 3 | HP: 30/30 l AC: 14 /T: 11/FF: 13 l Fort: +4, Ref: +4, W: +4 l Init: +1 l Per: +5; Low-light vision; Scent l Movement: 40

Bjorkus's stats are actually in a separate profile. Apologies. I hadn't felt a need to use it quite yet.

Bjorkus lumbers dutifully by his master's side.


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

GM Screen:

1d20 ⇒ 12

Randall circles the Second Scribe finding only the main entrance. He notices a few of the city guard moving into a building to the northwest, but otherwise it is quiet. A quick check of the door reveals that the latch is unlocked. The door swings inward.


Male Wrathspawn Tiefling Unchained Rogue 1 / Unchained Monk (Softstriker) 1
Vital Statistics:
[HP 18/18] [AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10] [Spd 20 | Init + 6 | Per +7/+8] [F +2 | R +8 | W +2]
Weapon Statistics:
[Longspear +1 (Reach) | 1d8 P | x3] [Melee Unarmed (Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d6 B | 20/x2] [Melee Unarmed (Non-Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d8 B | 20/x2] [Melee/Ranged Dagger +1/+5 | 1d4 P/S | Rg 10 | 19-20/x2] [Stunning Fist 1/1]

Randall slinks down to the corner and peeks around it to see what there is to see.

Assuming that needs another Perception check. Let me know if you want another Stealth check too.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 (+1 vs Traps)


Barbarian 2 | HP -2/26 | AC 17/15, T 11, FF 16/14 | Fort +4 (+1 vs Poison), Ref +1, Will +1 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Perc +9 | Init +3 | Rage - 8 rounds

Assuming that Randal didn't explode Muraisa followed once he gave the all clear, or started screaming 'Help, the undead are eating me!' Whichever happened first.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

Just realized that I had the directions a bit off as the Wiki maps don't align north as straight up, but the battle maps will be set with north, being straight up... at least for now. Looking at the map, I'm assuming Randall is looking around the northwest corner of the building on the outside. The entrance is along the eastern exterior wall.

Peeking around the corner, Randall looks southward down the west wall of the building. There is nothing out of the ordinary to be seen or heard. The only sounds are the shuffling of feet and hushed voices of the other groups clearing the surrounding buildings.


Male Wrathspawn Tiefling Unchained Rogue 1 / Unchained Monk (Softstriker) 1
Vital Statistics:
[HP 18/18] [AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10] [Spd 20 | Init + 6 | Per +7/+8] [F +2 | R +8 | W +2]
Weapon Statistics:
[Longspear +1 (Reach) | 1d8 P | x3] [Melee Unarmed (Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d6 B | 20/x2] [Melee Unarmed (Non-Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d8 B | 20/x2] [Melee/Ranged Dagger +1/+5 | 1d4 P/S | Rg 10 | 19-20/x2] [Stunning Fist 1/1]

As the barbarian approaches, Randall silently shrugs and returns to the eastern entrance, which looks to be the main ingress. "All clear on the back end," he mutters. "Maybe goin' in, I should go first, or at least right behind the big kids. I got pretty sharp eyes. I don't expect zombies to set up punji sticks, but the original owners may have had security measures they didn't have time to take down in the chaos. I ain't gonna argue with ol' Sootie if he insists on goin' first, but I will ask you to take your time, go slow, let me scope as we move. Deal?"

In mechanical terms, when we enter the building, Rand wants to be either first or second in marching order so he can check for traps, going at half speed (15ft).


HP 18/18 Stamina 1/1| AC 16/13/13 | CMD 15 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +2 | Per +6 | Init +3
Class & Skills:
Fighter (Lore Warden) 1/Oracle (Dual-Cursed Warsighted) 1 | Acro. +10, Bluff +4, S.craft +7
Combat:
30 ft. (30 ft.) | Melee +5/+1/+4 (r/sw/k, lm, b) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2 (r/(sw), k, lm) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2/-5 (r/(sw), k, lm/b)| CMB +4 (+6 disarm); weapon cord attached: #1 Yes (rapier), #2 No

Kayin shrugs to indicate his acceptance of the proposed course, seeing no need to question a presumed professional on what they know better than he does. "If you do spring anything nasty, I can probably heal whatever it does," he murmurs just loudly enough to be heard following yet another repetition of his chant-wave-tap his leg routine. "Can't do that often, though, so try to save it for wounds that matter, huh?"


Barbarian 2 | HP -2/26 | AC 17/15, T 11, FF 16/14 | Fort +4 (+1 vs Poison), Ref +1, Will +1 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Perc +9 | Init +3 | Rage - 8 rounds

Once she saw the room is clear, Muraisa gestured to Randal. "After you. I'll follow behind in case someone was stupid and locked a loved one away in a room when they started to turn or something. You know how these things go." Muraisa didn't understand it herself - dead was dead, whether they were in the ground or upright, and the idea that there might still be a part of the person that had once been in the corpse made her shudder - but some couldn't let go. And it could make a nasty surprise when you checked a cellar to find someone had stored there undead family by the potatoes.


HP 18/18 Stamina 1/1| AC 16/13/13 | CMD 15 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +2 | Per +6 | Init +3
Class & Skills:
Fighter (Lore Warden) 1/Oracle (Dual-Cursed Warsighted) 1 | Acro. +10, Bluff +4, S.craft +7
Combat:
30 ft. (30 ft.) | Melee +5/+1/+4 (r/sw/k, lm, b) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2 (r/(sw), k, lm) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2/-5 (r/(sw), k, lm/b)| CMB +4 (+6 disarm); weapon cord attached: #1 Yes (rapier), #2 No

Something about Muraisa's off-hand comment causes Kayin to pause for a moment, as he attempts to figure out what it is. He parses the words carefully a few times before finally catching the odd bit, and smiles grimly as he responds. "Oh, there was no slow turning involved for these things. Folks were alive, then the disaster hit and they weren't, but some of them didn't have the decency to stop moving. Not entirely wrong though, since people pretty much died wherever they happened to be at time, which is why clearing places like this is a thing for us."

Peering around curiously in the lowered light of the shop's interior, he shudders briefly. "I just hope that if we do find any leftovers of the prior occupants in need of seeing off, they're the kind with actual bodies. After the disaster, I had to spend a fair bit of time avoiding or even hiding from a few of the ones that didn't have their former meat weighing them down any more. It makes everything draw up tight when you realize that something could just come through a wall behind you, touch you, and that's it."

The Exchange

Male Human Sacred Huntmaster 2 | HP: 20/20 l AC: 19 /T: 13/FF: 16 l Fort: +4, Ref: +4, W: +7 l Init: +6 l Per: +8 l Movement: 30

While his companions continue their banter, Titan remains watchful.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

When they approach the shop, he wags two fingers at Bjorkus and then tilts with his head at the doorway - the sign to guard a location.

"I'll watch from the rooftop", he offers Randall as the others begin to file inside. "If there's trouble in there try to drag it outside."

Is there anything climbable nearby?

Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Paladin 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 20, T 11, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs Evil) | CMB +4, CMD 16 | Perc-1 | Init +3 | LoH 4/4
Skills:
Acrobatics -5 (-9 to jump), Craft (armor) +7, Diplomacy +8, Handle Animal +8, Heal +1, Knowledge (religion) +5, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Sense Motive +4, Stealth -7, Survival -1 (+1 to avoid becoming lost)

Sautekh speaks up and walks toward the door. His shield ready
"I will go in first. Just be ready in case this place a more... lively... than anticipated"
He places his shield against the door to push it open


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

GM Screen:

1d20 ⇒ 9

@Titan - Nothing other than the building itself. The only tree adjascent to the building has toppled over in the north west corner.

@All - I've moved your tokens on the map to get next to the door. I'd ask each of you to either move your tokens or give me directions in OOC in the future. I don't want to assume tactical movements during or just prior to encounters. Thanks!

The group gathers at the door, Titan scrambles up the side of the building, settling on the roof just above the entrance. Sautekh braces himself and leans against the door with his shield, but the latch is secured and it fails to open with the slight shove he gives it.

Titan:
As you climbed the front of the building, you peaked through a dark window above the doorway. You cannot see much in the darkness, but it looks to be a small room with several bookshelves, filled with scrolls.


Male Wrathspawn Tiefling Unchained Rogue 1 / Unchained Monk (Softstriker) 1
Vital Statistics:
[HP 18/18] [AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10] [Spd 20 | Init + 6 | Per +7/+8] [F +2 | R +8 | W +2]
Weapon Statistics:
[Longspear +1 (Reach) | 1d8 P | x3] [Melee Unarmed (Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d6 B | 20/x2] [Melee Unarmed (Non-Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d8 B | 20/x2] [Melee/Ranged Dagger +1/+5 | 1d4 P/S | Rg 10 | 19-20/x2] [Stunning Fist 1/1]

Randall leans toward Sautekh and whispers dramatically, "It helps to unlatch the door first." He nods and gives Sautekh an enthusiastic thumbs-up.


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

With a smirk, Randall depresses the latch and pushes the door, but he fails to budge the door much to the annoyance of the ranger peering over the roof. Titan shakes his head before drawing his bow suddenly and aiming north across the Dragon Road. The group turns to spot a group of four City Guard's bursting the front door of a small home.

With a silent exhale, the group returns their attention to the locked door, everyone looking at the rogue turned monk.

As a general rule, feel free to post rolls for any announced actions... like perception, picklocks, stealth, etc... if you don't and I need a roll, I'll request it or roll for you if it's simple rolll to keep the gaming moving.


HP 18/18 Stamina 1/1| AC 16/13/13 | CMD 15 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +2 | Per +6 | Init +3
Class & Skills:
Fighter (Lore Warden) 1/Oracle (Dual-Cursed Warsighted) 1 | Acro. +10, Bluff +4, S.craft +7
Combat:
30 ft. (30 ft.) | Melee +5/+1/+4 (r/sw/k, lm, b) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2 (r/(sw), k, lm) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2/-5 (r/(sw), k, lm/b)| CMB +4 (+6 disarm); weapon cord attached: #1 Yes (rapier), #2 No

Lol, Valjoen's post is making me shuffle and retcon certain things in prior posts :p. Stahp doing that, it makes my brain itch!

Not tasked with getting into the shop, or onto it in one case, Kayin continues with his spellcasting while taking periodic looks around. A part of him wants to bemoan the time that this is taking--time he could be spending on his affairs--but he firmly quashes that little mental voice. Quite aside from any potential loot to be found, this could be useful in a few others ways, one of which could possibly be realized very soon. Being able to ride the goodwill associated with this task certainly wouldn't hurt his plans.

Still, he won't deny that hurrying right along would be nice, especially if it gets the lot of them off of these streets and out of sight before anything more dead than alive decides to wander up and introduce itself; Titan's alert is a pointed reminder that being in the open is a dangerous thing lately. On the other hand, there isn't much he can do to speed the matter in any meaningful way, so patience is the only option available.

Randall's good-natured and pointed comment to Sautekh about how to work a door, and his subsequent failure to successfully manage the very thing that he advised, does get a faint chuckle out of the oracle.

1 to 50 of 567 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Talanor, the Last Haven (Table #2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.