Talanor, the Last Haven (Table #2)

Game Master Valjoen_KC

Current Date: 17th of Selefis, 7995 E.C.

Campaign Maps

Maps of Æustëria

Wiki of Æustëra

Quartermaster List


451 to 500 of 579 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

GM Screen:

RedZombieSlam1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 Dam: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
RedZombieGrapple: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
BlueZombieSlam1vCover: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 Dam: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

As Randall sets his longspear at the ready, titan lends a healing touch to the big bear. Behind them, Muraisa launches another javelin, striking the zombie wearing the tattered red tunic in the torso. The undead human leaps forward pummeling the big bear and taking hold of his fur. The other undead human with the blue apron rushes forward and tries to strike the Bjorkus but the doorway makes the attack to difficult.

There is No Beer in Lÿmpherá! - Round 3

Randall (18/18, Diseased) <-- UP
Kayin (18/18) <-- UP
Muraisa (22/26, Diseased) <-- UP
Titan (20/20) <-- UP
Bjorkus (13/30, diseased) <-- UP
Undead Dog (Dead)
ZombieRed (-8)
ZombieGreen (Dead)
ZombieBlue (0)

Status: Resistance (Kayin, Randall Titan, Bjorkus)


HP 18/18 Stamina 1/1| AC 16/13/13 | CMD 15 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +2 | Per +6 | Init +3
Class & Skills:
Fighter (Lore Warden) 1/Oracle (Dual-Cursed Warsighted) 1 | Acro. +10, Bluff +4, S.craft +7
Combat:
30 ft. (30 ft.) | Melee +5/+1/+4 (r/sw/k, lm, b) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2 (r/(sw), k, lm) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2/-5 (r/(sw), k, lm/b)| CMB +4 (+6 disarm); weapon cord attached: #1 Yes (rapier), #2 No

Seeing the bear sorely beset, Kayin quickly finishes reloading his weapon, but doesn't trigger it again. Instead, he chants as rapidly as he can before reaching out to place his free hand on Bjorkus, the waiting magic swiftly knitting a few more of the animal's wounds.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Effects: Resistance (+1 saves, 8 round duration). Weapon Cord (left): Yes; Weapon Cord (right): Yes. Encumbrance: Medium (-3 ACP, 20 ft.).


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

Failed to note the damage in Rd2 to Bjorkus of 7 damage, leaving him at 6/30, following Kayin's CLW, the bear is now at 11/30.

There is No Beer in Lÿmpherá! - Round 3

Randall (18/18, Diseased) <-- UP
Kayin (18/18)
Muraisa (22/26, Diseased) <-- UP
Titan (20/20) <-- UP
Bjorkus (11/30, diseased) <-- UP
Undead Dog (Dead)
ZombieRed (-8)
ZombieGreen (Dead)
ZombieBlue (0)

Status: Resistance (Kayin, Randall Titan, Bjorkus)

The Exchange

Male Human Sacred Huntmaster 2 | HP: 20/20 l AC: 19 /T: 13/FF: 16 l Fort: +4, Ref: +4, W: +7 l Init: +6 l Per: +8 l Movement: 30

Requiring significantly more effort and concentration than the oracle, Titan mutters another prayer. His spell further knits Bjorkus’s wounds shut.

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Barbarian 2 | HP -2/26 | AC 17/15, T 11, FF 16/14 | Fort +4 (+1 vs Poison), Ref +1, Will +1 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Perc +9 | Init +3 | Rage - 8 rounds

With Bjorkus still in the way, Muraisa loaded a fresh javelin and hurled it at the zombies again.

To Hit: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 4 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Grizzly Bear 3 | HP: 30/30 l AC: 14 /T: 11/FF: 13 l Fort: +4, Ref: +4, W: +4 l Init: +1 l Per: +5; Low-light vision; Scent l Movement: 40

I was going to withdraw this turn but Bjorkus keeps getting grabbed. =/

The wounded bear turns his pain and anger on the remaining undead.

Claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

GM Screen:

ZombieBurst: 1d6 ⇒ 1
BlueZombieSlam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 Dam: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Zombie1Grab: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Bjorkus valiant stands his ground, receiving a healing touch from Titan. Above him, Muraisa launches an ill-aimed javelin that clatters upon the stone floor of the brewery beyond the undead. The bear rips open the zombie's chest, ripping out it's blackened heart. As it explodes, the bear roars. 1 Damage.

Another zombie steps into its place and slams a fist into Bjorkus. 5 Damage. It grabs ahold of the bear in a healdlock, trying to drag him inside.

There is No Beer in Lÿmpherá! - Round 4

Randall (18/18, Diseased) <-- UP
Kayin (18/18) <-- UP
Muraisa (22/26, Diseased) <-- UP
Titan (20/20) <-- UP
Bjorkus (14/30, grappled, diseased) <-- UP
Undead Dog (Dead)
ZombieRed (Dead)
ZombieGreen (Dead)
ZombieBlue (0)

Status: Resistance (Kayin, Randall Titan, Bjorkus)


HP 18/18 Stamina 1/1| AC 16/13/13 | CMD 15 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +2 | Per +6 | Init +3
Class & Skills:
Fighter (Lore Warden) 1/Oracle (Dual-Cursed Warsighted) 1 | Acro. +10, Bluff +4, S.craft +7
Combat:
30 ft. (30 ft.) | Melee +5/+1/+4 (r/sw/k, lm, b) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2 (r/(sw), k, lm) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2/-5 (r/(sw), k, lm/b)| CMB +4 (+6 disarm); weapon cord attached: #1 Yes (rapier), #2 No

After a moment's hesitation during which the oracle quickly considers his options, he braces himself against the struggling bear, levels the crossbow across Bjorkus' armored back almost directly against the zombie's head, and fires the loaded bolt.

Standard action to attack.

Crossbow Attack (Critical Threat): 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 4 = 20
Crossbow Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Crossbow Attack (Confirmation): 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 4 = 11
Crossbow Damage (Critical): 1d8 ⇒ 8
Oh, now that is disappointing, minimal damage and a crit chance, followed by a muffed confirmation and maximum damage :p.

Effects: Resistance (+1 saves, 7 round duration). Weapon Cord (left): Yes; Weapon Cord (right): Yes. Encumbrance: Medium (-3 ACP, 20 ft.).

The Exchange

Male Human Sacred Huntmaster 2 | HP: 20/20 l AC: 19 /T: 13/FF: 16 l Fort: +4, Ref: +4, W: +7 l Init: +6 l Per: +8 l Movement: 30

Hoping to finish the battle quickly, Titan fires off another quick shot at the undead strangling his companion.

Titan ignores the cover due to his deadeye bowman trait.

Shot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Grizzly Bear 3 | HP: 30/30 l AC: 14 /T: 11/FF: 13 l Fort: +4, Ref: +4, W: +4 l Init: +1 l Per: +5; Low-light vision; Scent l Movement: 40

Despite the bits of gristle and bone matting his fur, the mighty grizzly continues his bloody rampage.

Claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Confirming Claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Extra Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Barbarian 2 | HP -2/26 | AC 17/15, T 11, FF 16/14 | Fort +4 (+1 vs Poison), Ref +1, Will +1 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Perc +9 | Init +3 | Rage - 8 rounds

"Will you get off the bear, you undead sods?" Muraisa launched another javelin.

To Hit: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 4 = 1
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

GM Screen:

ZombieExplosion: 1d6 ⇒ 1
ZombieEss20: 4d100 ⇒ (19, 97, 29, 18) = 163

Kayin levels his weapon at the last zombie, firing a bolt at its forehead. To his surprise and disappointment, it ricochets off the creatures skull with an echoing ping.

Titan's shot fairs much better lodging into the former human's chest. Black fluids flow from its cavity. In horrific fashion, Bjorkus once again dismembers another former citizen of the city.

As the last one collapses in the pile of rotting flesh, Muraisa screams and hurls another javelin into the empty chamber and two essences form and pulsate, illuminating the brewery until finding a home with a mortal.

2 Essences up for grabs here.

COMBAT OVER

Health Status:

Randall (18/18, Diseased)
Kayin (18/18)
Muraisa (22/26, Diseased)
Titan (20/20)
Bjorkus (14/30, grappled, diseased)

The Exchange

Male Human Sacred Huntmaster 2 | HP: 20/20 l AC: 19 /T: 13/FF: 16 l Fort: +4, Ref: +4, W: +7 l Init: +6 l Per: +8 l Movement: 30

I believe these are our first essences, right? Is there a check to identify their properties?

Titan lowers his bow and starts a careful examination of his battered companion. "Other than poor Bjorkus taking a beating there, I'd say that went better than our first few contests with the undead. Randall, check inside to make sure there are no more surprises waiting for us. Muraisa cover his flank."


Barbarian 2 | HP -2/26 | AC 17/15, T 11, FF 16/14 | Fort +4 (+1 vs Poison), Ref +1, Will +1 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Perc +9 | Init +3 | Rage - 8 rounds

Glancing at the odd orbs of energy, Muraisa did as suggested.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


HP 18/18 Stamina 1/1| AC 16/13/13 | CMD 15 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +2 | Per +6 | Init +3
Class & Skills:
Fighter (Lore Warden) 1/Oracle (Dual-Cursed Warsighted) 1 | Acro. +10, Bluff +4, S.craft +7
Combat:
30 ft. (30 ft.) | Melee +5/+1/+4 (r/sw/k, lm, b) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2 (r/(sw), k, lm) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2/-5 (r/(sw), k, lm/b)| CMB +4 (+6 disarm); weapon cord attached: #1 Yes (rapier), #2 No

Knowledge (arcana) Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Knowledge (religion) Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Before anything else, the oracle reloads his weapon and waits to see if anything else comes lurching forward from the building's interior. When nothing immediately present itself, however, Kayin carefully approaches each of the two essences and studies them carefully.

The Exchange

Male Human Sacred Huntmaster 2 | HP: 20/20 l AC: 19 /T: 13/FF: 16 l Fort: +4, Ref: +4, W: +7 l Init: +6 l Per: +8 l Movement: 30

Religion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Arcana: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Wrathspawn Tiefling Unchained Rogue 1 / Unchained Monk (Softstriker) 1
Vital Statistics:
[HP 18/18] [AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10] [Spd 20 | Init + 6 | Per +7/+8] [F +2 | R +8 | W +2]
Weapon Statistics:
[Longspear +1 (Reach) | 1d8 P | x3] [Melee Unarmed (Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d6 B | 20/x2] [Melee Unarmed (Non-Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d8 B | 20/x2] [Melee/Ranged Dagger +1/+5 | 1d4 P/S | Rg 10 | 19-20/x2] [Stunning Fist 1/1]

Rand blows out a relieved breath as the last undead falls, giving a concerned glance at the rotting meat and ichor covering Bjorkus and dripping off his muzzle. That can't lead to anything good. But hey, that bear's sturdier than you are, freakboy. Just do your thing.

Rand slips back into the brewery and, eschewing stealth (if anything is left alive, they know he's here for sure) and giving the brewery a thorough examination.

Going over the area currently opened up in the brewery, then, using Darkvision to search to the North and South of said area.

Perception (middle): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Perception (north): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Perception (south): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

(+1 vs Traps)

Do we automatically know whether to roll Arcana, Religion, or Planes for the essences, or do we have to guess?


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

GM Screen:

RandStealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

The group stares at the essences for a long minute, but without any luck. No one is able to identify them unfortunately. Meanwhile, Randall sneaks off checking the brewery. He slips between the massive vats of beer searching high and low, finding nothing of consequence. The archway on the far side, opens into a large room with a wooden wall on the far side. A door upon the wall stands open. To the south, the teifling can make out a large constructed pit in the room. A series of pulleys and wenches hang from the rafters above the pit.

@Rand - It's primal which is auto-detected, so Know (planes) is required. To determine the type of primal.


Male Wrathspawn Tiefling Unchained Rogue 1 / Unchained Monk (Softstriker) 1
Vital Statistics:
[HP 18/18] [AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10] [Spd 20 | Init + 6 | Per +7/+8] [F +2 | R +8 | W +2]
Weapon Statistics:
[Longspear +1 (Reach) | 1d8 P | x3] [Melee Unarmed (Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d6 B | 20/x2] [Melee Unarmed (Non-Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d8 B | 20/x2] [Melee/Ranged Dagger +1/+5 | 1d4 P/S | Rg 10 | 19-20/x2] [Stunning Fist 1/1]

Rand waves the party up, then checks the doorway for any nasty surprises before stepping in.

Randall will wait for the rest of the party to move up and join him, then check the doorway for traps. He will stay just outside the doorway until he's looked it over.

Perception vs Traps: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Assuming he finds the doorway clear, he'll signal the front-liners it's safe to step in.


HP 18/18 Stamina 1/1| AC 16/13/13 | CMD 15 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +2 | Per +6 | Init +3
Class & Skills:
Fighter (Lore Warden) 1/Oracle (Dual-Cursed Warsighted) 1 | Acro. +10, Bluff +4, S.craft +7
Combat:
30 ft. (30 ft.) | Melee +5/+1/+4 (r/sw/k, lm, b) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2 (r/(sw), k, lm) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2/-5 (r/(sw), k, lm/b)| CMB +4 (+6 disarm); weapon cord attached: #1 Yes (rapier), #2 No

Unable to figure out what sort of essences they've found--though Kayin is willing to bet that they're quite probably a type that his own studies haven't covered, which does serve to narrow it down somewhat--the oracle shrugs and simply gathers them up before stuffing them into his pouch of spell components. "We'll likely have to take these back and see if someone a bit more knowledgeable than the lot of us can figure them out, not to mention that splitting them between us would go easier once we actually know what it is we've got. Until then, I don't think we should be messing about with them," he says before pausing a beat to allow for any objections.

Provided none are made, Kayin then pads into the darkened brewery with his crossbow, now reloaded, at the ready. Along the way, he pauses momentarily at each member of the group to refresh the minor magic upon them.

Effects: Resistance (+1 saves, 1 minute duration). Weapon Cord (left): Yes; Weapon Cord (right): Yes. Encumbrance: Medium (-3 ACP, 20 ft.).

The Exchange

Male Human Sacred Huntmaster 2 | HP: 20/20 l AC: 19 /T: 13/FF: 16 l Fort: +4, Ref: +4, W: +7 l Init: +6 l Per: +8 l Movement: 30

No planes yet. I'll randomize in discussion.

Titan and Bjorkus advance inside the brewery.


Barbarian 2 | HP -2/26 | AC 17/15, T 11, FF 16/14 | Fort +4 (+1 vs Poison), Ref +1, Will +1 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Perc +9 | Init +3 | Rage - 8 rounds

Retrieving her spent javelins - and cleaning them off on the dead zombies - Muraisa followed behind Randal. It seemed wise not to let him run off and die horribly, after all. Still, she gave the doorway a once over as she waited for the all clear.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

GM Screen:

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
Perception
Randal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Initiative
Kayin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Muraisa: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Randal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Titan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Bjorkus: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Minotaur: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Attack
MinoChargeGore: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
BullRushCMD18: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
FallDamage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

Randall signals for the group to move forward. After Kayin casts a small blessing upon them, the rogue turns and begins to make his way toward the half-opened door. As he passes through the archway, he sees the large opening in the floor to the south. Cool, musty air flows up from below ground. He tries to look beyond the opening to see what lies down there but cannot make out anything beyond the few ropes that dangle and sway.

Randall sees the wavering shadows of the ropes along the southern wall of the brewery and his growing shadow passing among them. It is only then that the faint glow of red from behind him is noticeable. He turns to look north as a large figure slams into him. 10 Damage! The concussive blow throws the rogue southward. He loses touch with the ground and the wonder of falling overtakes him. He glances once at Kayin and Muraisa before he disappears into the pit. The world grows dark and cold as the air rushes past him. Randall opens his mouth to yell a warning to his friends, but his breath bursts from his chest as he strikes the hard, rocky ground. 7 Falling Damage! He opens his eyes as pain shrieks through his body. The opening in the brewery floor is over 20' above him. He lies in a damp, stone cavern. Barrels are all about him with several tunnels leading off in several directions. The rouge hears nothing but the roar of the creature which sent him here, high above

Kayin stands stunned. He only had a moment and his voice failed him. The large harry creature with horns protruding from his skull had come from the north. A silent ambush. The creature's torso was torn open and flesh dripped black from its bones. Where its heart had been only a burning flame remained. In its left hand, it drags an oversized falchion. It turns its head to stare at the rest of the group. Its mouth agape and black bile dripping from its lower jaw.

@Randall - I'm working to get a map up for you.

A Silent Ambush - Round 1

Minotaur (0)
Randall (1/18, Diseased, Prone) <-- UP
Muraisa (22/26, Diseased) <-- UP
Kayin (18/18) <-- UP
Titan (20/20) <-- UP
Bjorkus (14/30) Diseased) <-- UP

Status Effects: Resistance (Kayin, Randall Titan, Bjorkus)


HP 18/18 Stamina 1/1| AC 16/13/13 | CMD 15 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +2 | Per +6 | Init +3
Class & Skills:
Fighter (Lore Warden) 1/Oracle (Dual-Cursed Warsighted) 1 | Acro. +10, Bluff +4, S.craft +7
Combat:
30 ft. (30 ft.) | Melee +5/+1/+4 (r/sw/k, lm, b) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2 (r/(sw), k, lm) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2/-5 (r/(sw), k, lm/b)| CMB +4 (+6 disarm); weapon cord attached: #1 Yes (rapier), #2 No

Kayin considers the new threat, then shifts his gaze down to the blade its grips. Then, without a word, he pushes his way back past Titan towards the Brewery's entrance. However, the oracle isn't attempt flight from the impending battle; rather, once he has Muraisa, Titan, and Bjorkus solidly between him and the towering corpse, he reaches out a hand and channels his magic into a burst of healing for the bear.

Move action and then a standard to cast.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Barbarian 2 | HP -2/26 | AC 17/15, T 11, FF 16/14 | Fort +4 (+1 vs Poison), Ref +1, Will +1 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Perc +9 | Init +3 | Rage - 8 rounds

Muraisa watched in horror as Randall suddenly took a flying lesson, compliments of the...Minotaur zombie? This didn't seem fair. Minotaurs were horrifying enough without being zombified on top. But as the man sailed into the pit she swore - they couldn't run with him trapped.

Well, there was no way in any hell you wished to name they were going to avoid close combat with this monster. It wouldn't allow it, and if they fell back to get distance Randall would be zombie bait. Trying to use her spear-sling would probably result in being backhanded, so she dropped it to the ground, and she needed a moment to draw her axe. She didn't have a moment.

Instead, she strode forwards, rearing back and punching the thing with as much force as she could muster. She could get its attention, at least.

To Hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Damage (Non-Lethal): 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

The Exchange

Male Human Sacred Huntmaster 2 | HP: 20/20 l AC: 19 /T: 13/FF: 16 l Fort: +4, Ref: +4, W: +7 l Init: +6 l Per: +8 l Movement: 30

Undead are immune to nonlethal. Couldn’t you draw your axe on he move and wack it?

Titan gasps at the sight of the monstrous undead. Not taking any chances with such a dangerous opppnent, he draws a special arrow from his quiver. Titan knocks its hollow glass head on the palm of his head triggering an unseen alchemical reaction before lining up a shot and letting it fly. Instead of embedding in the Minotaur’s rotting flesh, the glass arrowhead shatters, spraying the creature with a viscous pungent fluid. Whatever the substance is, its scent sends Bjorkus into a roaring frenzy.

Firing a pheromone arrow.

No Cover: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


HP 18/18 Stamina 1/1| AC 16/13/13 | CMD 15 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +2 | Per +6 | Init +3
Class & Skills:
Fighter (Lore Warden) 1/Oracle (Dual-Cursed Warsighted) 1 | Acro. +10, Bluff +4, S.craft +7
Combat:
30 ft. (30 ft.) | Melee +5/+1/+4 (r/sw/k, lm, b) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2 (r/(sw), k, lm) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2/-5 (r/(sw), k, lm/b)| CMB +4 (+6 disarm); weapon cord attached: #1 Yes (rapier), #2 No

Draw as a move, 5-foot step, and swing for the fences :D!

The Exchange

Male Human Sacred Huntmaster 2 | HP: 20/20 l AC: 19 /T: 13/FF: 16 l Fort: +4, Ref: +4, W: +7 l Init: +6 l Per: +8 l Movement: 30

That too. I wouldn’t mess around with this guy.


Barbarian 2 | HP -2/26 | AC 17/15, T 11, FF 16/14 | Fort +4 (+1 vs Poison), Ref +1, Will +1 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Perc +9 | Init +3 | Rage - 8 rounds

That was my plan. Imagine my annoyance when I checked the rule and found that it was only on a normal move that you can draw and whack. Since I'm pretty sure this thing is gonna chew through my health in two or three blows, I decided to play it safe.


Male Half-Elf Cleric (Blossoming Light) 4 l HP: 32/32 l AC: 10/T: 10/FF: 10 l Fort: +4, Ref: +1, W: +7 (+9 against Enchantment) l Init: +4 l Per: +12; Lowlight Vision l Movement: 30

"If you have a base attack bonus of +1 or higher, you may draw a weapon as a free action combined with a regular move." Dropping and drawing both seem like free actions here. -- your friendly neighborhood priest.


Male Grizzly Bear 3 | HP: 30/30 l AC: 14 /T: 11/FF: 13 l Fort: +4, Ref: +4, W: +4 l Init: +1 l Per: +5; Low-light vision; Scent l Movement: 40

I guess I'll try to buy you a turn.

Despite the alchemical stimulation splattered on the undead menace from Titan's arrow, a whistled command from the hunter restrains his companion for now. The bear gets down into a defensive posture and inches carefully into position.

Stepping forward. Aiding Muraisa's defense.

Aid Defense: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11


Male Wrathspawn Tiefling Unchained Rogue 1 / Unchained Monk (Softstriker) 1
Vital Statistics:
[HP 18/18] [AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10] [Spd 20 | Init + 6 | Per +7/+8] [F +2 | R +8 | W +2]
Weapon Statistics:
[Longspear +1 (Reach) | 1d8 P | x3] [Melee Unarmed (Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d6 B | 20/x2] [Melee Unarmed (Non-Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d8 B | 20/x2] [Melee/Ranged Dagger +1/+5 | 1d4 P/S | Rg 10 | 19-20/x2] [Stunning Fist 1/1]

Randall stands on shaky legs, almost falling as a violent twinge spasms in his ankle; he must have rolled it in the fall. He looks about him woozily; as if the aurochs that hit him wasn't bad enough, it looks like he's fallen... twenty feet? He's lucky it didn't kill him. He coughs, and a gob of dark ichor flies out and hits a nearby barrel. It's been awhile since he saw his own blood, and its strange, dark hue always reminds him that he's not human.

As if anyone would let you forget, he thinks sourly. Guilt momentarily wracks him at the pettiness of the thought, but he has no time to dwell on it.

Grasping his heavily bruised abdomen--he's about eighty percent sure there's internal bleeding going in in there--he looks around the pit to take stock of things.

Move action to stand, and move action to make a Perception check on the area. In particular he's interested in seeing if there's any way for him to climb the walls.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Sigh.


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

GM Screen:

MinoFalchionPA: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 Dam: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (6, 2) + 12 = 20

@Muraisa - It is true that you can step forward 5' as a move action and draw your weapon as a free action, but he would get an AOO since you are within his reach at the start. Kayin's observation is correct though... free action to drop the spear-sling, use your move action to draw the axe 5-step to get in range and standard action to attack. However, since you rolled a "9" it would be a miss. At least, you now have your axe out.

Kayin backs up and heals Bjorkus as Titan fires an arrow that reeks of phermones over the minotaur. The barbaric woman leaps forward swing her axe at the minotaur. The undead creature brings its falchion around deflecting Muraisa's blow. With a grunt, Bjorkus moves up next to Muraisa, growling and lowering his head as he defends his ally. The minotaur opens its mouth, its vile breath nauseating to the Firstlander. It hauls its falchion high in the air and comes down with a crash. It's movements predictable, and Muraisa easily avoids the massive blow.

Down below, Randall stumbles to his feet. The pain is everywhere as is the darkness. He looks around but the walls are distant. The hole that leads up is but 20' in diameter he would judge but the room is larger than his darkvision projects... and the ceiling is 14' or 15' high. More than he can jump.

A Silent Ambush - Round 1

Minotaur (-9)
Randall (1/18, Diseased, Prone) <-- UP
Muraisa (22/26, Diseased) <-- UP
Kayin (18/18) <-- UP
Titan (20/20) <-- UP
Bjorkus (17/30) Diseased) <-- UP

Status Effects: Resistance (Kayin, Randall Titan, Bjorkus)


Male Wrathspawn Tiefling Unchained Rogue 1 / Unchained Monk (Softstriker) 1
Vital Statistics:
[HP 18/18] [AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10] [Spd 20 | Init + 6 | Per +7/+8] [F +2 | R +8 | W +2]
Weapon Statistics:
[Longspear +1 (Reach) | 1d8 P | x3] [Melee Unarmed (Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d6 B | 20/x2] [Melee Unarmed (Non-Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d8 B | 20/x2] [Melee/Ranged Dagger +1/+5 | 1d4 P/S | Rg 10 | 19-20/x2] [Stunning Fist 1/1]

Rand sighs at the hole up above. With no rope, he has no hope of climbing back up the way he came. He knows he needs to find another way up, but moving into a huge room like this by himself seems like a terrible idea.

Terrible ideas are all you got left, boyo, he thinks irritably. He moves in what he hopes is the direction away from the main entrance (heading left on the map, in other words) about 30 feet, and prepares his longspear to stab anything that jumps out at him to say hello, while still keeping an eye out for a stairwell.

Moving leftwards 30 feet and readying an action to stab anything that comes at him.


Barbarian 2 | HP -2/26 | AC 17/15, T 11, FF 16/14 | Fort +4 (+1 vs Poison), Ref +1, Will +1 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Perc +9 | Init +3 | Rage - 8 rounds

Well, at least the monster was as bad at hitting as she had been. Focusing her eyes, Muraisa reached inside and grabbed hold of the rage she had spent so long restraining and prepared to unleash it on this towering undead, taking a swig of a brutally harsh moonshine as she did. The massive awe rose, and fell.

To Hit: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 2 + 2 = 12
Damage: 3d6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (1, 5, 2) + 8 + 1 = 17

Swift Action (Rage), Move Action (Drink), Standard Action (Attack).

The Exchange

Male Human Sacred Huntmaster 2 | HP: 20/20 l AC: 19 /T: 13/FF: 16 l Fort: +4, Ref: +4, W: +7 l Init: +6 l Per: +8 l Movement: 30

Witnessing the force behind the minotaur's missed blow, Titan determines his companion will need every ounce of strength possible. He speaks another prayer and touches the bear's flank, channeling the last bits of his divine spark to mend Bjorkus's wounds.

Burning my last spell slot for the day.

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male Grizzly Bear 3 | HP: 30/30 l AC: 14 /T: 11/FF: 13 l Fort: +4, Ref: +4, W: +4 l Init: +1 l Per: +5; Low-light vision; Scent l Movement: 40

With his strength largely restored, Bjorkus lumbers forward to join Muraisa's attack. The alchemical pheromones splattered on the undead stir him into a frothing rage.

Step forward. Full attack.

Claw: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 = 29
Damage: 1d4 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8

Claw: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11
Damage: 1d4 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8

Bite: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10

Confirming Claw: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 = 23
Extra Damage: 1d4 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9


Male Wrathspawn Tiefling Unchained Rogue 1 / Unchained Monk (Softstriker) 1
Vital Statistics:
[HP 18/18] [AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10] [Spd 20 | Init + 6 | Per +7/+8] [F +2 | R +8 | W +2]
Weapon Statistics:
[Longspear +1 (Reach) | 1d8 P | x3] [Melee Unarmed (Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d6 B | 20/x2] [Melee Unarmed (Non-Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d8 B | 20/x2] [Melee/Ranged Dagger +1/+5 | 1d4 P/S | Rg 10 | 19-20/x2] [Stunning Fist 1/1]

Oof! That had to hurt!

The Exchange

Male Human Sacred Huntmaster 2 | HP: 20/20 l AC: 19 /T: 13/FF: 16 l Fort: +4, Ref: +4, W: +7 l Init: +6 l Per: +8 l Movement: 30

Maybe that’ll be enough pain to make the zombietaur reconsider his life choices and go away.


HP 18/18 Stamina 1/1| AC 16/13/13 | CMD 15 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +2 | Per +6 | Init +3
Class & Skills:
Fighter (Lore Warden) 1/Oracle (Dual-Cursed Warsighted) 1 | Acro. +10, Bluff +4, S.craft +7
Combat:
30 ft. (30 ft.) | Melee +5/+1/+4 (r/sw/k, lm, b) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2 (r/(sw), k, lm) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2/-5 (r/(sw), k, lm/b)| CMB +4 (+6 disarm); weapon cord attached: #1 Yes (rapier), #2 No

@Titan: That one claw attack that was a natural 20 doesn't need a confirmation roll. According to the house rules, it's an auto-crit for being a "20."

And yet again, I forgot to make this check after the prior fight -_-. Making a Fortitude save (DC 14) to see if I got fatigued as a consequence of the last fight, with a duration of 10 minutes per round that I acted in.

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Not even surprised that I failed, because why would I possibly get a result in my favor on this roll when dragging ass with fatigue for the next 40 minutes is the penalty for failing?

With Muraisa and Bjorkus wading in to engage to towering corpse more closely, Kayin finds that his crossbow is more a liability than an asset at the moment; between his lack of training with such weapons and the wear inflicted upon by the previous fight, his aim is nowhere near steady enough to risk a shot under such circumstances. Giving the weapon a sour glance, the oracle instead shuffles a bit closer to struggling mass of barbarian, bear, and undead. "I think I'd do better with Randall's spear, all things considered," he mutters mostly to himself in a tone of annoyance.

Unfortunately, not a lot of benefical actions Kayin can take this round, and wasting a bolt on an attack that will never come close is kind of silly. So 5-foot step.

Effects: Resistance (+1 saves, 9 rounds duration), Fatigued (-2 Str and Dex, 40/40 minutes). Weapon Cord (left): Yes; Weapon Cord (right): Yes. Encumbrance: Medium (-3 ACP, 20 ft.).


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

GM Screen:

RandallPer: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
1-2Bjorkus3Muraisa: 1d3 ⇒ 3
MinoFalchionPA: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 Dam: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (5, 5) + 12 = 22

As Randall moves east, he finds that the cavern wall is near. All around him are barrells marked for different recipes and dates. The clatter of battle above echoes in the cellar.

Muraisa wildly swings her axe which the minotaur easily avoids. But the fast, ferocious attacks of Bjorkus strike the undead creature. The bear's claw rips a large chunk of its face from its skull before his teeth sink into its torso.

Despite the bear's attack, it remains focused on the barbarian. It brings its falchion around again as Muraisa ducks. The blade passes over her head as she closes her eyes. When she opens them, a clutch of her hair falls to the ground before her. Her eyes watch as the clean cut hair drifts slowly down. The minotaur's hot breath upon her shaven head brings her back to the present.

A Silent Ambush - Round 2

Minotaur (-36)
Randall (1/18, Diseased) <-- UP
Muraisa (22/26, Diseased) <-- UP
Kayin (18/18) <-- UP
Titan (20/20) <-- UP
Bjorkus (25/30) Diseased) <-- UP

Status Effects: Resistance (Kayin, Randall Titan, Bjorkus)

The Exchange

Male Human Sacred Huntmaster 2 | HP: 20/20 l AC: 19 /T: 13/FF: 16 l Fort: +4, Ref: +4, W: +7 l Init: +6 l Per: +8 l Movement: 30

Titan lines up another shot on the enormous undead. "What are you waiting for Muraisa? Bring that thing down!"

No Cover: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Grizzly Bear 3 | HP: 30/30 l AC: 14 /T: 11/FF: 13 l Fort: +4, Ref: +4, W: +4 l Init: +1 l Per: +5; Low-light vision; Scent l Movement: 40

The gore-spattered bear pauses, waiting for another opening to attack. The moment the minotaur overextends, Bjorkus rears up again to tear at his opponent.

Claw: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10

Claw: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d4 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9

Bite: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11


Barbarian 2 | HP -2/26 | AC 17/15, T 11, FF 16/14 | Fort +4 (+1 vs Poison), Ref +1, Will +1 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Perc +9 | Init +3 | Rage - 8 rounds

Grunting in irritation at the lack of strikes - only the bear was an effective fighter? What the hells? - Muraisa swung the axe back up, hoping to catch the thing in the chin and give it a reason for its terrible breath beyond undeath.

To Hit: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 2 + 2 = 22
Damage: 3d6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (5, 1, 2) + 8 + 1 = 17


Male Wrathspawn Tiefling Unchained Rogue 1 / Unchained Monk (Softstriker) 1
Vital Statistics:
[HP 18/18] [AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10] [Spd 20 | Init + 6 | Per +7/+8] [F +2 | R +8 | W +2]
Weapon Statistics:
[Longspear +1 (Reach) | 1d8 P | x3] [Melee Unarmed (Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d6 B | 20/x2] [Melee Unarmed (Non-Lethal) +5/+5 | 1d8 B | 20/x2] [Melee/Ranged Dagger +1/+5 | 1d4 P/S | Rg 10 | 19-20/x2] [Stunning Fist 1/1]

Still limping and gasping for breath--each one gives a slight jab into his chest; he hopes it's just a floating rib and not a fracture--he hobbles down the rows of barrels, spotting some sort of opening to his left. He moves toward it and once again readies his spear against potential threats lurking about him.

Moving down toward that little passage/alcove/thingy and once again readying an action to stab with my longspear if something comes in range.


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

GM Screen:

FallDamage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9

Titan shouts a rally cry as his arrow flies over the minotaur's head and comes to rest firmly in the far wall, above the doorway. Spurred on by his master, Bjorkus claws and bites at the creature's legs. Yet, only one attack spills more of the undead's blackened blood. This time it was Muraisa's turn. She reared back with her axe and chopped down at the minotaur. The axe cut through the creature's shoulder and into its gut.

Hatred burned in its eyes. "You will burn..." it says as it retreats and leaps into the pit. Withdraw. It was the voice that triggered Kayin's memory.

Kayin:
The voice was that of Rendrjas, the brewery's "cellar master". He was said to be quite large and formidable... and rumored to be a great beast, but he was rarely if ever seen. He lived in the brewery's cellars and kept inventory of its stock of ale and beer. He was also considered the night watchman as he would roam the brewery after dark to keep any would-be thieves away.

Down below, Randall crept southward into a small alcove filled with stacked barrels. As he looked around a crash followed by a grunt echoed from the north. He turned his head to see the minotaur crouched on all fours.

A Silent Ambush - Round 2

Minotaur (-72)
Randall (1/18, Diseased)
Muraisa (22/26, Diseased)
Kayin (18/18) <-- UP
Titan (20/20)
Bjorkus (25/30) Diseased)

Status Effects: Resistance (Kayin, Randall Titan, Bjorkus)


HP 18/18 Stamina 1/1| AC 16/13/13 | CMD 15 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +2 | Per +6 | Init +3
Class & Skills:
Fighter (Lore Warden) 1/Oracle (Dual-Cursed Warsighted) 1 | Acro. +10, Bluff +4, S.craft +7
Combat:
30 ft. (30 ft.) | Melee +5/+1/+4 (r/sw/k, lm, b) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2 (r/(sw), k, lm) Full Attack +3/(-1) +2/-5 (r/(sw), k, lm/b)| CMB +4 (+6 disarm); weapon cord attached: #1 Yes (rapier), #2 No

The oracle frowns as the voice tickles his sense of familiarity, and he stares at the pit in the floor for a moment before remembering that a member of their party may still be in trouble down there... with the wounded and angered undead that just hopped in. With a groan--because what he's about to do is beyond stupid--Kayin rushes toward the rim of the pit, pushing between Muraisa and Bjorkus in the process. As soon as he reaches the edge, he takes a bare moment to check his footing before aiming down and triggering a bolt down at the form below. As the bolt flies free, the oracle calls down to its target. "Hey, um, Rendrjas! That is your name, right? Why don't you come back up here and finish the fight that you started, instead of running off into the dark like a great, stinking b@#$~. I mean, it's not like you have a life to lose or anything. And we're damned well not going to just shrug and call it a day because you don't want to play anymore."

As he speaks, trying to goad the undead into coming back, or at least focus its attention on him, Kayin scans the darkness for any sign of Randall, hoping that the rogue, if still alive, is both conscious and able to find some place to take cover before Rendrjas (if that is, indeed, who the corpse is) notices him.

Move action and then a standard action to attack.

Crossbow Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Crossbow Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Effects: Resistance (+1 saves, 8 rounds duration), Fatigued (-2 Str and Dex, 40/40 minutes). Weapon Cord (left): Yes; Weapon Cord (right): Yes. Encumbrance: Medium (-3 ACP, 20 ft.).


Bright Tower Maps | Last Haven Table #1 Maps | Last Haven Table #2 Maps

Kayin scrambles forward and fires a bolt into the basement. It ricochets off the stone floor and comes to rest between two barrels.

A Silent Ambush - Round 3

Minotaur (-72)
Randall (1/18, Diseased) <-- UP
Muraisa (22/26, Diseased) <-- UP
Kayin (18/18) <-- UP
Titan (20/20) <-- UP
Bjorkus (25/30) Diseased) <-- UP

Status Effects: Resistance (Kayin, Randall Titan, Bjorkus)

451 to 500 of 579 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Talanor, the Last Haven (Table #2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.