GM Wolfspirit's PFS 8-02 Ward Asunder (Outpost II) (Inactive)

Game Master Wolfspirit


1 to 50 of 217 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Absalom Initiation

Please Dot and Delete ONLY if you have Registered on the official sign up.


Absalom Initiation

We officially start tomorrow, but to kick things off

You receive a letter from Venture-Captain Amara Li:
Pathfinders,
Very few Pathfinders have found their way to Dtang Ma, and there remain countless ruins and mysteries within the Sikhyeu Rainforest and along the wintry slopes of the Kullan Dei mountains. The resident expert and long-time Pathfinder is known endearingly as Old Pak. In collaboration with another friend of the Society, he has uncovered a very promising lead regarding a temple of Yamatsumi in the nearby Kullan Dei range that’s sure to interest your boundless curiosity. I’ve arranged for you to meet him in Dtang Ma’s capitol Ramparassad.

May your travels bring you fortune,
Venture-Captain Amara Li

Regardless of whether it was a short journey or long voyage to Tian Mia, you make your way to Ramprassad and meet with your fellow Pathfinders in front of your contact's location: “Pak’s Tobacco and Spice.” The fragrant smells of the shop are notable even from outside.

Please make your introductions!

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf - usually talking business or about the past | Heaven Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB 1, CMD 11 (15 vs. Bull Rush or Trip) | F: +6, R: +2, W: +11 | Init: +0 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Dipl.: +15 | Stardust 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | knowledge 6/6 | Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

What you know based on the travels together to Ramparassad:

Toral is a young Dwarf from a Kelish merchant family. He always felt the pull of the heavens and stars.

Toral embraces the lessons of the past as the heavens have watched over this world since the beginning of time.

He is a stoic negotiator but has an empathic approach. He is very perceptive and understands people's motives which is important as a merchant.

He typically walks around in his full plate and during battle tries not to attack but use spells and hexes instead.

* * *

In front of the shop.

"Again ... again one of these missions awaits me! The Exchange sometimes forgets that I have a business to run! A business! The only reason for dragging my body to these Pathfinder events is the good pay ... and obviously the contacts and relationships ... ha ha ha!" he suddenly starts laughing.

"Well, I should complain less and work harder to get back to my enterprise ASAP!"

The Concordance

HP 42/42 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves: 5/2/4 | CMD 17 | Perception +2 | Init +2 | Female Elf | Eldritch Scion (Magus) 5 | Spells -/5/3 | GM Reroll +1 | Eldritch Pool 6/6 |

"I've never been out here before. First time for everything." The female elf giggles. You've known her as Dawn. Inbetween her constant jokes and embarrassing "what if"s, you learn she is a warrior who can cast magic. You can tell her homeland "lives in touch with nature." whatever that means.

"Oh yeah, all that money stuff again." Dawn giggles. "As long as I don't end up in jail again."

Dark Archive

Female TN Kitsune Bard(Duetist)/6 | HP: 45/45| AC/FF/T: 20/16/14 19/16/13 | CMB: +3, CMD: 17 16 | F/R/W: +6/9/6 +6/8/6 | Init: +8 (-4 without heightened awareness) | Speed 30ft | Low-light vision | Acro +9, Bluff +19, Diplo +19, DDev +10, Disg: +12, EscArt +7, HAnim +9, Intim +19, KnLoc +5, KnNat +5, KnNob +5, Perc +11, SMot +19, SofHand +12, Scraft +5, Stealth +7, UMD +10 | Active Conditions: good hope, haste

Kit spends her time waiting while putting on a performance about a stoned mongoose chasing smoke snakes (featuring Kane, her familiar, a mongoose, and Kitoro smoking a cigar and blowing smoke snakes (with no talent at it, but how hard can it be to blow a moke snake?).

perform comedy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

It is a pathetic performance by her standards, ruined by the fact that the cigar makes her cough in the middle of her speeches.

Eventually she gives up.

Kit is shorter than average with lustrous coal black hair and a pale complexion (when in human form as she normally is in mixed company). Kit's cloak has all kinds of mask embellishments on it. Tiny theater masks with serious and comedic expressions.

The Concordance

HP 42/42 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves: 5/2/4 | CMD 17 | Perception +2 | Init +2 | Female Elf | Eldritch Scion (Magus) 5 | Spells -/5/3 | GM Reroll +1 | Eldritch Pool 6/6 |

"Oh man, that's hilarious!" Dawn claps as Kitoro makes jokes. Either she thought it was hilarious or she's being nice. "I need so much help with my delivery."

Dawn grabs a couple of socks (since she rarely uses them) and make a quick sock puppet routine about a greedy merchant who sells his clothing in order to make a quick buck, but he has to meet the queen in an hour! Embarrassing!

Perform(Comedy): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf - usually talking business or about the past | Heaven Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB 1, CMD 11 (15 vs. Bull Rush or Trip) | F: +6, R: +2, W: +11 | Init: +0 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Dipl.: +15 | Stardust 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | knowledge 6/6 | Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Toral looks at Kit and then incredulously at Dawn and shakes his head.

”Don’t lie to her Dawn! That really sucked. Nobody pays for that! Don’t believe your parents that everyone’s got a chance Kit. Luck is only with the lucky. As far as I can say you need some guidance... I know a couple of good agents that could potentially help you. It will cost you to stop sucking but I could very well be your lucky shot. What do you say?!“ he asks with a raised eyebrow.

The Concordance

HP 42/42 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves: 5/2/4 | CMD 17 | Perception +2 | Init +2 | Female Elf | Eldritch Scion (Magus) 5 | Spells -/5/3 | GM Reroll +1 | Eldritch Pool 6/6 |

"You pay for entertainment?" Dawn is bewildered. "Does the sun pay you to set?" She laughs.

Grand Lodge

M Half Orc Lunar Oracle (Spirit Guide) 3/Paladin (OathLoyalty, Mind Sword) 2| HP 35/30 | AC 21/14/17 | F+12 R+13 W+13 | Init +5 | Perc +2 | Active Condition: None

Ijo stands not too far off with his eyes closed, giving a bit of a low laugh at the shenanigans. Once more interaction happens amongst the group, he approaches.

Ijo is a well-built half-orc with purple accents on his chain shirt. A shield adorns his back and a morningstar hangs from a belt loop. His eyes stay shut as he speaks and when they do open, you notice they are cloudy as milk.

This may be the most jovial group of Pathfinders I've ever encountered. Most types are quite rigid. Ijo remarks.

Dark Archive

Male Human Wizard / 6 HP 26 /26 AC 19 ( Touch 14 Flat 16) / Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +7 / CMB +3 | CMD 17 / Init +2 / Perception +2

A middle aged man seated in the back dressed in robes with a staff leaning against the wall, looks up from the book he was reading.
"Youth, all fun and laughter now. Then the screaming and running later. He says to no one in particular.

Dark Archive

Female TN Kitsune Bard(Duetist)/6 | HP: 45/45| AC/FF/T: 20/16/14 19/16/13 | CMB: +3, CMD: 17 16 | F/R/W: +6/9/6 +6/8/6 | Init: +8 (-4 without heightened awareness) | Speed 30ft | Low-light vision | Acro +9, Bluff +19, Diplo +19, DDev +10, Disg: +12, EscArt +7, HAnim +9, Intim +19, KnLoc +5, KnNat +5, KnNob +5, Perc +11, SMot +19, SofHand +12, Scraft +5, Stealth +7, UMD +10 | Active Conditions: good hope, haste

Kit just smiles and pulls out her trademark finger puppets. Before long she has a serviceable dwarf that looks a bit like Toral with a velcroed crossbow. The other fingers are jovial dancers twirling about the taciturn dwarf who constantly trips over his crossbow and makes embarrassing social mistakes.

Perform comedy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31

A far more inspiring performance now that she is in her own element (finger puppets and mocking someone).

The Concordance

HP 42/42 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves: 5/2/4 | CMD 17 | Perception +2 | Init +2 | Female Elf | Eldritch Scion (Magus) 5 | Spells -/5/3 | GM Reroll +1 | Eldritch Pool 6/6 |

Dawn claps like a seal, clearly entertained. "Now that was funny. So, do we owe her money now?"

Dark Archive

Female TN Kitsune Bard(Duetist)/6 | HP: 45/45| AC/FF/T: 20/16/14 19/16/13 | CMB: +3, CMD: 17 16 | F/R/W: +6/9/6 +6/8/6 | Init: +8 (-4 without heightened awareness) | Speed 30ft | Low-light vision | Acro +9, Bluff +19, Diplo +19, DDev +10, Disg: +12, EscArt +7, HAnim +9, Intim +19, KnLoc +5, KnNat +5, KnNob +5, Perc +11, SMot +19, SofHand +12, Scraft +5, Stealth +7, UMD +10 | Active Conditions: good hope, haste

"Only if you wish to encourage me. Odd. You say where you come from entertainers are not paid? Do you LIKE the quality of entertainment there?"

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf - usually talking business or about the past | Heaven Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB 1, CMD 11 (15 vs. Bull Rush or Trip) | F: +6, R: +2, W: +11 | Init: +0 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Dipl.: +15 | Stardust 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | knowledge 6/6 | Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Even Toral has to laugh out loud ...

"Ha ha ha ... ha ha ... that was ... ha ha ha .. that was funny! Okay! People will pay for that. Listen Kit, after this is over we have to discuss business - you know that your talents can come handy, right? I just learned about a couple of Taldan nobles that were not accepted at this strange bardic academy and with you as a tutor they would surely get in! I tell you - money! Money! These noble are filthy rich! So this is my plan ..."

... and the dwarf is as annoying as ever with his information and business opportunities nobody asked for! :-)

The Concordance

HP 42/42 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves: 5/2/4 | CMD 17 | Perception +2 | Init +2 | Female Elf | Eldritch Scion (Magus) 5 | Spells -/5/3 | GM Reroll +1 | Eldritch Pool 6/6 |
Kitoro wrote:
"Only if you wish to encourage me. Odd. You say where you come from entertainers are not paid? Do you LIKE the quality of entertainment there?"

"Of course! We'll do some pranks, or sing ballads about the moon, sun or waves." She shrugs. "I once had to trade food in exchange for an impromptu comedy show. Uh, does that count as payment?"

Dark Archive

Female TN Kitsune Bard(Duetist)/6 | HP: 45/45| AC/FF/T: 20/16/14 19/16/13 | CMB: +3, CMD: 17 16 | F/R/W: +6/9/6 +6/8/6 | Init: +8 (-4 without heightened awareness) | Speed 30ft | Low-light vision | Acro +9, Bluff +19, Diplo +19, DDev +10, Disg: +12, EscArt +7, HAnim +9, Intim +19, KnLoc +5, KnNat +5, KnNob +5, Perc +11, SMot +19, SofHand +12, Scraft +5, Stealth +7, UMD +10 | Active Conditions: good hope, haste

With a bright smile, she says "YES!"

"Some travelling entertainers do their thing for nothing but food and board. "

Grand Lodge

Female TN Elf Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (12 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +10 | Perc: +10, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Hearing the merry group, Hazel's head turns. Curiosity overcomes her features, causing the young elf woman to stand up and make her way towards them. As she moves closer, a warm smile overtakes her.

"Some entertainers are worth nothing more than that, however." She jokes, smiling at the group. "Does entertaining bring you here?


Absalom Initiation

I hate to break up the fun, but moving things along...

A young tian boy steps out of the shop. "Oh, hello! Old Pak is ready to see you now."

Assuming you follow inside.

Bells tinkle and chime as you enter “Pak’s Tobacco and Spice." Shelves on the walls are full of jars and pouches, and a collection of masks adorns the wall opposite to the entrance. An old Tian-Dtang man sitting behind the counter exclaims in a raspy but exuberant voice. “Yes, come in, come in! Ah, you must be the Pathfinders Ms. Amara sent! Where are my manners! I am Pak! Tea, anyone?” Before anyone can answer, Pak flicks one end of his metal smoking pipe, snags a teakettle, and plants it atop a small brazier with smoldering coals.

While Pak is serving tea and lighting his pipe with vanilla-scented tobacco, one of the masks on the wall animates and floats towards the group. Pak quickly explains, "Ah, yes. This is Tanbaru, a Spirit Oni." The mask lazily gildes around, before a voice emmenates from it.

“Long ago, I was a kami who lived near a temple of Yamatsumi in the Kullan Dei mountains. But centuries ago, the temple and I were magically transported into an extraplanar place called the Hao Jin Tapestry. For hundreds of years, I languished in a broken temple surrounded by tyrannical conquerors who
encouraged my cruelest habits, and I turned into what I am now—an oni. It wasn’t until a group of Pathfinders found me and showed me mercy that I was able to see past my own selfishness and spite. I have been working for the Pathfinder Society ever since, both in Absalom and in Tian Xia.”

Pak then runs a hand across his partly shaved head and explains the opportunity at hand. “I’ll get straight to the point. I would appreciate your to traveling to the Kullan Dei mountains in southern Dtang Ma and exploring what is left of the temple of Yamatsumi near which Tanbaru once lived. You see, the ancient sorceress Hao Jin was able to transport only the lower, front half of the original temple into her tapestry. I know little about the broken temple other than its haunted reputation, but Tanbaru here says that the temple’s secluded location high up in the mountains may well have kept its historical secrets and hidden treasures safe from vandals and looters, relics that should be valuable to the
Pathfinder Society."

"I want Tanbaru to accompany you. Although his transformation into an oni made his memories somewhat frayed, he still instinctively knows the way there. You should know that when Tanbaru was a kami, the Pilgrim’s Path—the trail that leads up to the temple—was his sacred ward. His presence may have unpredictable consequences, so please keep him safe.”

The mask gives an approximation of a nod, his expressions exagerated. "I will render aid as best I can."

One person can wear Tanbaru and receive a +2 bonus to Perception. You may discuss who carries Tanbaru in the Discussion tab if you would like. You can ask questions, and everyon can attempt either a Diplomacy (Gather Information) or Knowledge (Geography or Nature) check. Note, anyone that unless you can speak Ttang, Nagaji, or Tien, take a -5 penalty to the Diplomacy check. Open all the spoilers for up to the result that is achieved.

15+:
Kullan Dei is a 2,500-mile long mountain range that winds its way through Nagajor and into the dragon kingdom of Xa Hoi. The northernmost stretch of the mountain range extends into southern Dtang Ma. The nearest summit is just a few hours’ hike from the busy streets of the sprawling capital Ramparassad.

20+:
The mountain range is volcanically active. In fact, Mount Pho-Yim, which looms over Ramparassad, often exudes ominous smoke. Seismic activity is common in the
mountains, sometimes causing earthquakes, landslides, and volcanic eruptions.

25+:
Many species of birds and snakes are endemic to the Kullan Dei Mountains. Some develop a spiritual attachment to important sites, defending those areas as guardians or watching over them as auspicious sentinels. Dragons, ogres, and various types of kami and oni are also relatively common in the region.

Grand Lodge

M Half Orc Lunar Oracle (Spirit Guide) 3/Paladin (OathLoyalty, Mind Sword) 2| HP 35/30 | AC 21/14/17 | F+12 R+13 W+13 | Init +5 | Perc +2 | Active Condition: None

kn geog: 1d20 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 5 = 12

Ijo waves off Tanbaru, while it would be an honor to don your physical manifestation, I'm afraid these old eyes need no further obstruction. You would be best suited accompanying one of my compatriots. Ijo has not much further to add. The Tapestry is intriguing although he has no prior experience.

To Pak, This is something we can aid with. We will be careful and secure what we can. I would, however, like some of this fine tabac for the journey if you please. I would take your recommendation for something mild for the evenings.

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf - usually talking business or about the past | Heaven Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB 1, CMD 11 (15 vs. Bull Rush or Trip) | F: +6, R: +2, W: +11 | Init: +0 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Dipl.: +15 | Stardust 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | knowledge 6/6 | Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Toral speaks Tien and would accept Tanbaru.

Diplomacy to learn more : 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

”Team, Listen to my wisdom of old ages... “ Toral says a little arrogantly. Open the spoiler...

”Tanbaru, you should come with us but first tell us more about yourself! I love stories of the past!“

Dark Archive

Female TN Kitsune Bard(Duetist)/6 | HP: 45/45| AC/FF/T: 20/16/14 19/16/13 | CMB: +3, CMD: 17 16 | F/R/W: +6/9/6 +6/8/6 | Init: +8 (-4 without heightened awareness) | Speed 30ft | Low-light vision | Acro +9, Bluff +19, Diplo +19, DDev +10, Disg: +12, EscArt +7, HAnim +9, Intim +19, KnLoc +5, KnNat +5, KnNob +5, Perc +11, SMot +19, SofHand +12, Scraft +5, Stealth +7, UMD +10 | Active Conditions: good hope, haste

"Oooh. A mask? I love masks."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

She carries on a lively conversation with the mask, producing a mask of her own that she talks through and using a lot of gestures and puppeteering to get her point across.

"I could wear Tanbaru!"

The Concordance

HP 42/42 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves: 5/2/4 | CMD 17 | Perception +2 | Init +2 | Female Elf | Eldritch Scion (Magus) 5 | Spells -/5/3 | GM Reroll +1 | Eldritch Pool 6/6 |

"Nice tea." Dawn sips as much as she can- and is offered. "Alright, I'm gonna burst like a waterskin if I drink more."

"Hi Tanbaru!" Dawn waves, then realizes Tanbaru has no hands, so that might be rude. "Looks like a lot of people want to wear you. I'll let them go for it."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 2 - 5 = 7

When it's time to ask around town, Dawn gawks like an obnoxious foreigner, speaking loudly and gesturing wildly. "I've been to Tian Xia once. It was fun. This boy tried stealing ink and we had to bribe his bodyguard into not revealing everything."

The citizens find her foolish at best and meddlesome at worst. "Tough crowd. I hope you guys got more information than I did." Toral informs her of some of the events. "Oh, nice. I wonder what kinds of wildlife live out there. I'd better take notes."

Dark Archive

Male Human Wizard / 6 HP 26 /26 AC 19 ( Touch 14 Flat 16) / Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +7 / CMB +3 | CMD 17 / Init +2 / Perception +2

Verdan tries to remember about the area in question.
Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Please see spoilers


Absalom Initiation

Pak smiles and offers a pinch to Ijo for now, with a hearty "I'll see if I can slip something into your supplies... Your Venture Captain is financing the trip, after all."

To questions of his past, Tanburu weaves theatrically, before his hollow voice a sigh. "I... remember little of my time. I am sorry."

Sense Motive DC 18:
You get the impression that he can't tell which memories are real or not.

Pak steps in. “Kami are guardian spirits present in things both living and inanimate. (That teaspoon you’re holding? There might be a kami in it, so treat it with respect!) Our friend Tanbaru was once a dosojin kami, a guardian of paths and roads. But no more! Now he is an Oni.”

When a few of you hold blank stares, Pak continues. "Oni are depraved spirits that take on a fleshly form so they can indulge in hedonism. They typically see the world only as a playground for their cruel games. Oni and kami are like fire and water— their hatred is strong and mutual. When a kami fails her ward or becomes estranged from it, she may fall to evil and devolve into an oni, and that is what happened to our friend Tanbaru. He has, however, learned to control his urges and now is a valued friend of our organization.”

Tanburu finally responds, the eyes of his mask alighting red. "Yes. My connection to my Ward was severed, and so I fell into darkness. Thankfully, there were those of your kind that rescued me from my state, rather than destroying me. For that, I offer my aid to your Society."

Dark Archive

Female TN Kitsune Bard(Duetist)/6 | HP: 45/45| AC/FF/T: 20/16/14 19/16/13 | CMB: +3, CMD: 17 16 | F/R/W: +6/9/6 +6/8/6 | Init: +8 (-4 without heightened awareness) | Speed 30ft | Low-light vision | Acro +9, Bluff +19, Diplo +19, DDev +10, Disg: +12, EscArt +7, HAnim +9, Intim +19, KnLoc +5, KnNat +5, KnNob +5, Perc +11, SMot +19, SofHand +12, Scraft +5, Stealth +7, UMD +10 | Active Conditions: good hope, haste

Yea, nothing could go wrong with that. Uh huh. And I volunteered to wear the mask? How could I resist.

Kit giggles for some reason.

Grand Lodge

Female TN Elf Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (12 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +10 | Perc: +10, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Hazel looks upon the two in wonder as they speak of Oni and Kami. "What are Oni and Kami capable of? Would it be possible for one to use their powers?"

Dark Archive

Female TN Kitsune Bard(Duetist)/6 | HP: 45/45| AC/FF/T: 20/16/14 19/16/13 | CMB: +3, CMD: 17 16 | F/R/W: +6/9/6 +6/8/6 | Init: +8 (-4 without heightened awareness) | Speed 30ft | Low-light vision | Acro +9, Bluff +19, Diplo +19, DDev +10, Disg: +12, EscArt +7, HAnim +9, Intim +19, KnLoc +5, KnNat +5, KnNob +5, Perc +11, SMot +19, SofHand +12, Scraft +5, Stealth +7, UMD +10 | Active Conditions: good hope, haste

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

"So, who was your ward? Or what? A path or road of some sort?"

Dark Archive

Male Human Wizard / 6 HP 26 /26 AC 19 ( Touch 14 Flat 16) / Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +7 / CMB +3 | CMD 17 / Init +2 / Perception +2

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

"Tanbaru, how do you control your urges? What are some of the warning signs that you are loosing control?"

Grand Lodge

M Half Orc Lunar Oracle (Spirit Guide) 3/Paladin (OathLoyalty, Mind Sword) 2| HP 35/30 | AC 21/14/17 | F+12 R+13 W+13 | Init +5 | Perc +2 | Active Condition: None

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Ijo relents from interrogating the Oni and instead thanks Pak for the gift. He waits for permission to leave as they have work to do.

Since Ijo can't see past 30 ft, he tends to alternate Detect Magic and Detect Evil to "see" another 30 feet in the direction he is heading. He'll peer out the door of this place just in case but it otherwise content to wait.

The Concordance

HP 42/42 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves: 5/2/4 | CMD 17 | Perception +2 | Init +2 | Female Elf | Eldritch Scion (Magus) 5 | Spells -/5/3 | GM Reroll +1 | Eldritch Pool 6/6 |

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 6 Dawn shrugs as she hears the story. "Tanbaru, don't worry about it. You're like a dryad who lost a connection to her tree. Luckily you didn't go sick and die, but maybe we can bond you to your grove."

Once the party is ready to leave, she notices Ijo's movements. "Oh, Ijo, do you want me to guide you? It will keep me from wandering too much if I have something to do in the meantime."

Sense Motive DC 14:

Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 Dawn's trying to be nice without being patronizing.


Absalom Initiation

The Oni appears to draw himself up with some pride when addressing Hazel. "I can easily Detect Magic, cause myself to be Invisible, or manipulate small unattended objects. Once in our outing I can also Command lesser creatures or put them to Sleep... and if hard pressed can contact a Greater Being for answers to a limited number of questions. Those I would prefer to avoid, if possible. The first can be risky with little chance for success, the other... you might not like the answers that are brought."

To Verdan, he sounds a bit peevish. "How do you control your urges?" He pauses a moment, then takes a lighter tone. "I am sorry, that was an unworthy comment. But to your point, I am an Oni, but there is no risk of my turning further." To Dawn and Kit, he sighs. "I have difficulty remembering my Ward, but know it was torn from me; it is no longer part of me. I have doubts that my condition could be restored, though. It would be like re-attaching a severed head to a risen undead and expecting that to cure them. I have accepted my fate and seek to make the best of it... though I appreciate the sentiment, regardless."

Any more questions before you get ready to set off?

Dark Archive

Female TN Kitsune Bard(Duetist)/6 | HP: 45/45| AC/FF/T: 20/16/14 19/16/13 | CMB: +3, CMD: 17 16 | F/R/W: +6/9/6 +6/8/6 | Init: +8 (-4 without heightened awareness) | Speed 30ft | Low-light vision | Acro +9, Bluff +19, Diplo +19, DDev +10, Disg: +12, EscArt +7, HAnim +9, Intim +19, KnLoc +5, KnNat +5, KnNob +5, Perc +11, SMot +19, SofHand +12, Scraft +5, Stealth +7, UMD +10 | Active Conditions: good hope, haste

Is it decided, then, that Kit will be the Mask wearer? Other than that she is ready.

Good thing I do not have to control my urges. I don't think I would be any good at it.

Dark Archive

Male Human Wizard / 6 HP 26 /26 AC 19 ( Touch 14 Flat 16) / Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +7 / CMB +3 | CMD 17 / Init +2 / Perception +2

"I am ready to venture forth are you?"
Verdan looking at the rest of the party


Absalom Initiation

(Minor note for the Perception bonus Tanbaru provides: the scenario doesn't have a Type for it, but the Spirit Oni has it as an Insight Bonus. It would stack with Heightened Awareness, but I figured I'd clarify it now in case it was relevant. Also, looks like Toral and Kit are the only people I saw that wanted to weild him, but I leave it to you guys to decide unless you need a nudge ;))

The Concordance

HP 42/42 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves: 5/2/4 | CMD 17 | Perception +2 | Init +2 | Female Elf | Eldritch Scion (Magus) 5 | Spells -/5/3 | GM Reroll +1 | Eldritch Pool 6/6 |

"Let's go already." Dawn taps her feet, impatient. "Tanbaru wants to get there while he's young!" She plays a quick joke to lighten Tanbaru up a bit.

Perform(Comedy): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Absalom Initiation

The Oni gives a good-natured, hollow chuckle at Dawn. "Very funny. I will remember that when you all have died of old age."

When it's clear that there are no more questions, Old Pak gives the group two large backpacks full of rice and a camping cooker that needs only twigs for fuel. He explains that the terrain is rough and that taking pack animals into the mountains would be unwise. Pak has two climber’s kits that he can lend out and advises you to purchase additional climbing equipment as needed. Pak looks around, and notes that you're largely lightly clad. He adds, “If you’re going to wear that, you’d better watch your step.” He also looks around, and adds a couple small packets of fragrant tobacco, 'for the road.'

You may make any last purchase you'd like, or ask any questions that can be rolled back to if needed. In the meantime, moving on!

Once you leave Ramparassad, the weather is sweltering hot. After a walk past rice fields that extend a few miles outside the city and a hike through a bamboo forest, you find a mountain trail that leads them south, deep into the Kullan Dei range. Up in the mountains, the weather is pleasantly cool. The air is thin, but the days the you spend in the mountains are enough to become acclimated. After a week of hiking, you arrive at a set of stone pillars with inscriptions that read “The Pilgrim’s Path” in several languages. The mist-shrouded outline of the broken temple is visible in the distance, some 5 miles away.

One of the pillars has text written in Dtang, Tien, and Nagaji. There are places of clear importance where there are added instructions translated to Common (in bold.) A few of you speak Tien though, so you can all have the translated text

Do not obstruct paths! Don’t pitch your tent or leave your equipment on the trail. Be courteous and mindful of others using the trail. Leave no trace! Take your trash with you. Don’t make fires outside designated areas. Don’t leave any other trace of your passage. Stay on the marked trail! Nature is sacred and fragile; do not tread on it. Don’t harm animals unless you must defend yourself.

DC 18 Knowledge (geography, local, or religion):
You know that the stone pillars not only mark the beginning of the Pilgrim’s Path but also a transition from profane to sacred, which means that travelers should show proper reverence to tradition and the rules of the trail. The stone pillar (above) lists these rules.

Dark Archive

Female TN Kitsune Bard(Duetist)/6 | HP: 45/45| AC/FF/T: 20/16/14 19/16/13 | CMB: +3, CMD: 17 16 | F/R/W: +6/9/6 +6/8/6 | Init: +8 (-4 without heightened awareness) | Speed 30ft | Low-light vision | Acro +9, Bluff +19, Diplo +19, DDev +10, Disg: +12, EscArt +7, HAnim +9, Intim +19, KnLoc +5, KnNat +5, KnNob +5, Perc +11, SMot +19, SofHand +12, Scraft +5, Stealth +7, UMD +10 | Active Conditions: good hope, haste

Toral, speak up IC if you would like to wear the mask of Tanbaru. I do not have my heart set on it, and even if I did..."

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Kit has a light warhorse, camping equipment, and climbing gear. But it sounds like at least some of the way is impassible for a horse. Nevertheless she will unwisely take the horse! Let me know if I need to make any rolls to see if it survives. Kit will purchase some weather suitable clothing.

As she travels she practices her juggling and entertains the group with her finger puppets.

perform comedy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18

Well, as well as possible from horseback.

Grand Lodge

Female TN Elf Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (12 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +10 | Perc: +10, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Hazel follows Kit closely behind as they continue up the path to the temple. She sees her begin to entertain and is soon laughing consistently with her jokes. "Ah very good! You are certainly a very talented entertainer!"

Grand Lodge

M Half Orc Lunar Oracle (Spirit Guide) 3/Paladin (OathLoyalty, Mind Sword) 2| HP 35/30 | AC 21/14/17 | F+12 R+13 W+13 | Init +5 | Perc +2 | Active Condition: None

Ijo accepts Dawn's assistance, Yes, thank you. The gods saw fit to bless me with limited vision. Perhaps to be more aware of things in my immediate attention. Just a warning, should something appear in the distance would be most kind.

Ijo will purchase a climbing kit. Climb at +4 now.

Kn Geography: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Mind your manners here, everyone. The gods punish those who violate the rules of the Pilgrim Path. Pay it the respect it deserves. Ijo makes sure to stay the path and help tidy places where other travelers may have not been so respectful.


Absalom Initiation

Kitoro, given what has been said about the area, you know that you can bring your horse, but sooner or later you will likely come to an area that is impassible for it without some form of magical aid. Whether you still want to bring it is up to you.

Armed with the knowledge of what is expected with you as your make your ascent, you continue on. It isn't long before you are faced with an impediment, however. The narrow trail winds along the base of a steep ridge, and large, jagged rocks have fallen from the cliff face here, blocking the path. At least a score of dark birds with white throats reside here, sitting atop nests built into the cliff face.

DC 15 Knowledge (nature) OR DC 16 Sense Motive:
The birds appear timid and are likely to abandon their young if disturbed if anyone attempts to climb near them without first calming or feeding them.

DC 19 Knowledge (geography, local, or religion):
You realize that the locals consider the birds an auspicious sign, and never kill them or eat their eggs.

DC 13 Knowledge (dungeoneering, engineering, or geography) or Perception:
You notice that walking on the rocks carries a great risk of dislodging some of them.

The obvious solutions to this involve either attempting to climb along the cliff face (Climb), balancing on the fallen rocks (Acrobatics), clearing the path of the fallen rocks (Multiple Strength Checks... but not everyone needs to participate), or finding an alternate route (Survival or Knowledge Geography).

What does everyone do? Feel free to ask questions if anything needs clarified.

Grand Lodge

M Half Orc Lunar Oracle (Spirit Guide) 3/Paladin (OathLoyalty, Mind Sword) 2| HP 35/30 | AC 21/14/17 | F+12 R+13 W+13 | Init +5 | Perc +2 | Active Condition: None

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
kn geography: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
kn perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Ijo approaches slowly and observes the rocks after he identifies the birds. These white-throated birds are a sign of good tidings to the local people. Let's not disturb them. Mind those rocks there, though. They may dislodge if you attempt to climb them. Ijo stands back up after inspecting the rocks and looks to the limit of his vision for an alternate route.

Kn Geography: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf - usually talking business or about the past | Heaven Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB 1, CMD 11 (15 vs. Bull Rush or Trip) | F: +6, R: +2, W: +11 | Init: +0 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Dipl.: +15 | Stardust 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | knowledge 6/6 | Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

The oni: All yours Kit! :-)

kn nature : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 See spoiler
kn religion : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 See spoiler
Perception : 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 See spoiler

Toral sighs.

”I really don’t want to climb and I think we would not adher to the scared rules of this area!! No! Let’s see where we can find an alternate route! Let me lead!“

Survival : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

The Concordance

HP 42/42 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves: 5/2/4 | CMD 17 | Perception +2 | Init +2 | Female Elf | Eldritch Scion (Magus) 5 | Spells -/5/3 | GM Reroll +1 | Eldritch Pool 6/6 |
Ijo Ibn Son wrote:
Ijo accepts Dawn's assistance, Yes, thank you. The gods saw fit to bless me with limited vision. Perhaps to be more aware of things in my immediate attention. Just a warning, should something appear in the distance would be most kind.

"Not a problem." Dawn answers respectfully and offers her hand. "If I see something, I'll say something."

Dawn enjoys the hike, noting different plants, animals, and Kitoro's many finger puppet jokes.

Ijo Ibn Son wrote:
Mind your manners here, everyone. The gods punish those who violate the rules of the Pilgrim Path. Pay it the respect it deserves. Ijo makes sure to stay the path and help tidy places where other travelers may have not been so respectful.

"Well, you should always mind your manners when not indoors." Dawn pipes up. "Your dirt path is someone's home, for example."

K Nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Dawn listens to the party's advice. "Don't upset the birds, don't eat their eggs, and the rocks might dislodge. Got it. Can anyone calm those birds down? I can use magic to climb across on my own, if someone can help Ijo."

Toral begins looking for an alternate route, so Dawn waits for his results.

Dark Archive

Female TN Kitsune Bard(Duetist)/6 | HP: 45/45| AC/FF/T: 20/16/14 19/16/13 | CMB: +3, CMD: 17 16 | F/R/W: +6/9/6 +6/8/6 | Init: +8 (-4 without heightened awareness) | Speed 30ft | Low-light vision | Acro +9, Bluff +19, Diplo +19, DDev +10, Disg: +12, EscArt +7, HAnim +9, Intim +19, KnLoc +5, KnNat +5, KnNob +5, Perc +11, SMot +19, SofHand +12, Scraft +5, Stealth +7, UMD +10 | Active Conditions: good hope, haste

DC 15 Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
DC 15 local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
DC 13 Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 (plus any bonuses from mask)

"Well, I did bring a big strong horse. We should be able to clear the path. And besides, I think the locals might appreciate it if we cleaned up a bit here!"

Kit will start using rope and the horse to start moving rocks.

str: 1d20 ⇒ 6, plus any bonuses from using the horse.

Perhaps someone has knowledge engineering and can do a better job?

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf - usually talking business or about the past | Heaven Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB 1, CMD 11 (15 vs. Bull Rush or Trip) | F: +6, R: +2, W: +11 | Init: +0 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Dipl.: +15 | Stardust 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | knowledge 6/6 | Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

We are not allowe to climb at all as far as I understand he spoilers.


Absalom Initiation

Everyone: With your knowledge skills, and especially combined with the nat-20s, you would assume that climbing along the cliff face would be acceptable... so long as you don't despoil the cliff or chase away the wildlife. You would still be meeting the intent of "following the path" in that case. Searching for an alternate route, however, would not meet "stay on the marked trail." Clearing the fallen rocks would also meet the Rules of the Trail, specifically the "do not obstruct the trail." If you're not sure if something meets the Rules of the Trail, I can help with what your characters would understand, though it might require a Knowledge Geography, Local, or Religion.

Kitoro: Does your horse have any Tricks trained? You could use the Work trick to have them use their +3 Strength modifier to move the rocks, and have the rest of the party roll to attempt to assist the horse. I would also give a Knowledge Engineering for the creative solution.

The Concordance

HP 42/42 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves: 5/2/4 | CMD 17 | Perception +2 | Init +2 | Female Elf | Eldritch Scion (Magus) 5 | Spells -/5/3 | GM Reroll +1 | Eldritch Pool 6/6 |

I think Kitoro's referring to the fallen rocks that are blocking the path. "Oh! I can move rocks!" She moves up to help Kitoro.

Str Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
"Ooof. But rocks sure are heavy."

Dark Archive

Female TN Kitsune Bard(Duetist)/6 | HP: 45/45| AC/FF/T: 20/16/14 19/16/13 | CMB: +3, CMD: 17 16 | F/R/W: +6/9/6 +6/8/6 | Init: +8 (-4 without heightened awareness) | Speed 30ft | Low-light vision | Acro +9, Bluff +19, Diplo +19, DDev +10, Disg: +12, EscArt +7, HAnim +9, Intim +19, KnLoc +5, KnNat +5, KnNob +5, Perc +11, SMot +19, SofHand +12, Scraft +5, Stealth +7, UMD +10 | Active Conditions: good hope, haste

I never did bother to figure out what tricks it was taught. I think warhorses come with a pre-determined bundle of tricks (Combat Training (DC 20): An animal trained to bear a rider into combat knows the tricks attack, come, defend, down, guard, and heel). However she does have handle animal +5 so I expect that with a little work on her part she could get it to pull on a harness.

Dark Archive

Male Human Wizard / 6 HP 26 /26 AC 19 ( Touch 14 Flat 16) / Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +7 / CMB +3 | CMD 17 / Init +2 / Perception +2

Verdan stands back leaning on his staff, letting others deal with the physical work.

Grand Lodge

Female TN Elf Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 (12 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +10 | Perc: +10, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Strength: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

"Well I would certainly rather we clear this path than try to climb!" Hazel follows Kitoro and Dawn to assist with moving the rocks. She feels as though she is able to push them with all of her strength.

1 to 50 of 217 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Wolfspirit's PFS 8-02 Ward Asunder Gameplay (Outpost II) Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.