GM Tealk's - Core - Thornkeep Series

Game Master Tealk

Dark Menagerie - Maps!


501 to 550 of 1,346 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward comes forward eager to end things with thr goblin menace. Yes master come on out and eat wooden shaft jerk.

Longbow Point Blank Shot: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 271d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Now somewhat less banged-up with the help of Pietro, Telos runs back into the room with his teammates to help chase down the last goblin.

He stops just short of Seward's path as an arrow flies directly by in front of his face.

Alrighty! I'll just wait until you're done there...

30', double move

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

"We're all gonna die nowwwww. Damm tattle-tales." The smelly rogue drops his torch where it is and then moves into the far corner. Sheathing his sword and drawing his bow, he tries to become unseen.

stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The last goblin falls, the arrow from Sewards bow making it's body fall limp forward onto the door. As blood begins to roll down the stone door, you watch as it starts to sizzle and bubble along the surface.

Out of initiative! Was considering chaining encounters but I am not that mean...Or maybe you killed the goblin just in time?

Party Conditions!
Telos (-4 lethal)
Naneryn
Pietro
Roran (-7 lethal)
Seward (-8 lethal)

In the silence of the aftermath, and in the fumes of the broken table full of alchemical reagents in the room, all you hear, echo in your heads are two words. COME. FORTH..

If you take a look around the room breifly with detect magic, you find three different vials of magical poitions spread around the tables. DC 16 Spellcraft x3. On the bodies of the goblin alchemist-rogues you find 6 magical potions DC 16 Spellcraft, and 3 alchemist fire vials between them.

What are you guys doing next?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

With all goblins down, Telos begins scanning the room for useful magical devices amongst the alchemical detritus in the laboratory.

Spellcraft, DC16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Spellcraft, DC16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Spellcraft, DC16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Spellcraft, DC16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Ah, more alchemist fires! These should come in handy later...

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Telos can identify as bear's endurance and 6x cure light wounds potions.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Excellent! All very handy. A healing potion for each of us? And who would like to "last longer"? Pietro, a little help identifying the rest of this?

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

"Anyone else hear that?" Naneryn looks a little worried. He answers back in his head, "Hello? Who's that talking in my head?"

While the rest are identifying the potions, the smelly rogue sneaks up and has a look at the sizzling blood/door. WTF?

stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
traps?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Drink up. Save the wand charges. I assume that is the better option

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward wordlessly chugs one of the potions.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Seward then point deeper in toward the supposed Master He knows we're here. We may as well, introduce ourselves He says knocking another arrow.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Telos Downshot wrote:
Excellent! All very handy. A healing potion for each of us? And who would like to "last longer"? Pietro, a little help identifying the rest of this?

"WAIT! YOU MEAN THOSE ARE MAGICAL?" Pietro says in astonishment.

He takes a taste of each.

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The stinky elf checks the door, and realises that the source of the heat on the door, is some sort of chemical on the other side. The door itself is not trapped, but you think that room is very dangerous. Both in terms of environment and the denizen inside.

CLW Potions: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 -- healing up the party.

You prepare yourself to open the door, but something stops you. Something in the back of your mind is telling you to walk away, turn around and leave. You resist, knowing that whatever is behind this door must be...very evil. You turn back, and you see your party behind you, sweat turning on their brow from the heat in the room.

And so, Naneryn opens the door.

Warning - Difficult Encounter Ahead!

This chamber appears to be equal parts study, laboratory, and personal quarters. A bed sits in one corner, and bookshelves line another. Before the recessed southern wall sits a table covered in a wide variety of alchemical devices. Thick green smoke pours from the devices, covering the chamber’s floor in a foul-smelling vapor. The chemicals in the room souring the walls of this room, corrosion marks covering most of the surfaces.

A bold man, covered head to tow in black leather, adorned with various vials of chemicals and the likeness - stands behind his oak desk. His left side of his face, horribly scared, as if from a failed experiment. You can still see his dead eye from the injury, as it sits idly and stares at you. He speaks to you, calmly.

You dare enter my laboratory, murder my subjects and destroy my labs! I must admit, if you passed the test of Nhur Ahemon, you must be worthy. Tell me, what brings you to these parts. And why, is it, that i should spare your lives...?

You notice now, that he is very slightly floating in the air, barely 1 ft over the surface of the stone. The vapors are now well and truly in your lungs, as you feel them eating away at your insides. This person, however he is, has increadible vitality, or a built up immunity to these chemicals.

Perception:

Pietro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Roran: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Naneryn: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Seward: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Telos: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Initiative:

Pietro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Telos: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Krernar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Friends: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

We are not in initiative yet, but will be if any agressives actions are made towards him. For now, he is happy to talk to you.

Battle Music!
Round 1
@ Telos
@ Roran (-1 lethal)
??
Krenar the Two Faced
Naneryn
Pietro
Seward (-2 lethal)

...in case you decide to draw your bow, Seward...You can talk to him, but when combat starts, Telos and Roran act first! :)

Good luck...

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"Um, we brought beer?" hazards Pietro.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Well, for one thing, your apprentice didn't hold up so well. Maybe we make good replacements?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

He's not sure if it's a statement or a question. He's quite sure this isn't going to end well.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The man skirks, but you aren't sure if it's a grin on his face, or just smudges from his scar. Mmmhhh, so you have come to become my new acolytes? You have shown true strength - murdering those that came before you.

He pauses for a moment, as he draws a magical sigil with his left hand. The scars are present there too, and you see he is missing his index finger. I see now, you have looking into Nhur Athemons well, as i once did. You have gazed upon the universal truth. Come, aprentices of the future Azlanti empire. Kneel before your new master. as he ushers you forward.

He waits for you to come forward and present yourselves.

No, i haven't forgotten about the visions, i just...haven't had the creative spark to do with them what i want...yet...i'll get there i promise.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Shoot, sorry, bot me pls

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Okay, key moment here. Telos obvi said that to buy a little more time and stave off an immediate attack from him. Is his back turned to us?

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

I've already been a slave - didn't take. I serve no master especially not you.

Seward then shoots the man.

Longbow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 191d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Welp, that settles that :P

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Yes it does! And no, his back is never turned towards you...

Seward, growing impatient from the conversataion lets loose an arrow. The two faced man, lets out a sign, and deflects it with his left hand. Playing this off like a test, he continues, Now then, acolytes, show me your true power. Show me why Athemon entrusted you with his secrets... He floats 5ft into the air above the desk.

Round 1
@ Telos
@ Roran (-1 lethal)
??
Krenar the Two Faced
Naneryn
Pietro
Seward (-2 lethal)

Roran and Telos may act!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

The halfing bubbles to the front of the line for a clear shot.

20', move action.

Sure, all I can do is give it my best. I just hope it makes for a satisfying end for you! Telos gives his best "customer service" tone with a smile.

elemental ray attack, point-blank shot vs. touch AC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
electricity damage, point-blank shot: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Im going to refrain from bottling players this combat because I don’t want to swing the fight.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Telos Downshot wrote:
Welp, that settles that :P

It's like he's a short elf. ;)

"Oh my." Pietro says rolling his eyes.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Telos moves forward, collecting the static in the air and directing it at Krenar. The lightning arcs in a different way than he expected, visually bouncing off on weird angles against some charged particles in the air. His ability only just phases the man levitating at the end of the room.

Round 1
Telos
@ Roran (-1 lethal)
??
Krenar the Two Faced [-5 lethal]
Naneryn
Pietro
Seward (-2 lethal)

Roran to go. If someone would like to bot Roran, that would be super awesome!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

BOT BOT

Roran rushes further yet ahead of Telos, drawing his light crossbow.

Right behind you little buddy!

30', drawing crossbow, move action

light crossbow attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
P damage, cold iron: 1d8 ⇒ 7

He'll switch back to melee next round when he can get closer.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

I was gonna say the same except that first Roran would have bequeathed all of his worldly possessions to Pietro and his church/favorite tavern in the event of his untimely demise.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

and maybe a better attack roll, lol

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The man deflects another arrow, this time from the paladin as he laughs. Pathetic. Is that really all you have to show for yourselves? he raises his hand and clentches it.

As if out of no where, a metalic snake comes up from under a blanket and strikes at the paladin. At the same time, Krenar picks up an alchemical bomb and throws it at the party.

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 -- at Roran
Bomb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 273d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3, 3) + 3 = 13 -- at Naneryn

As the bomb hits Naneryn, the flames from the reactants light the gas in the room. Everyone is lit with flames. Naneryn please give me a reflex save to avoid catching fire! Oh, and reflex save from eveyrone to avoid the splash! Target DC 15!

Splash Damage: 6 = 6 -- reflex save Everyone
Burn Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 -- reflex save Naneryn

Round 1
@ Naneryn (-13 lethal)
@ Pietro
@ Seward (-2 lethal)
Round 2
@ Telos
@ Roran (-1 lethal)
Snake
Krenar the Two Faced [-5 lethal]

@ Party may act!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Reflex, DC15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Aaaaaaaaaah. That's going to leave a mark.

Frustrated, Telos runs forward away from the blast radius to unleash energy more directly on the alchemist.

20', move action

He very quickly executes the incantation to unleash his fan of electricity.

Cast burning hands (electricity), std. action, DC15 reflex for half.
Electricity damage: 3d4 ⇒ (3, 1, 2) = 6 arg...

If Roran needs botting again:

His movement should get him around the table next to the alchemist (square to the south), switching from light crossbow to his morningstar as he goes.

cold iron morningstar attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Seward manages to get out of the way of the bomb a little bit and then snaps off a pair of arrows.

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 - 2 = 191d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 2 = 171d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Your kind are inherently inferior. Your self experimentation cannot change that.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

reflex: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18 HA! :p

Pietro is strangely graceful for one of his size, a bit like a balloon on tether. He bobs along as quick as he can trying to avoid the spittoon on the side of the mad bomber's desk.

Double move!

Seward Sodalug wrote:
Your kind are inherently inferior. Your self experimentation cannot change that.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN!? I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT 'TWO HEADS WERE BETTER THAN ONE!'"

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

I said *check* the door, not open it LOL! But yeah, we'd be here eventually.

reflex save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

OK, I am at -1 hitpoints and am on fire?

As the smelly elf lies on the floor, wrapped in the green vapors and red and yellow flames, he feels the pain but is somehow unaffected. He can see himself lying there, as if from above. He begins to wonder if he is really asleep in his bed and it is the Inn that is burning down. Or maybe it is just a nightmare? He never really believed in any of the gods, but maybe this Cayden Cailean is real and sending him a message. That's it! He is still trapped, pinned against the wall by the flames from that dragon. Everything since then has been a hallucination caused by the pain. He always knew he would die at the hands of a trap he missed. But NO! He has to move. He has to break free. Escape Artist (in his mind!): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Naneryn wrote:
OK, I am at -1 hitpoints and am on fire?

"OH, BOTHER! I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING I WAS FORGETTING!"

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 41/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 3/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Thanks for the bot Telos, I'll take over next round

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

The last one was an *if* because I wasn't sure about timing. So please feel free to ignore that and take your actual turn if you like.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 41/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 3/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

OK then

Roran draws his sword and swings at the cobra.

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 151d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Edit: Should have kept your attack

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Did you want to smite the target?

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

As the party moves forward to engage the monster, Pietro looks back as his allies falls. Telos focuses and lets out another devastating blast of electricity.

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

In the back lines, Roran sturggles to hit the metalic snake, both attacks would have missed... Seward does his best to strike at the foe. Krenar slaps the arrows away, he laughs.

What is truly inherently inferiour, is your wit and your strategies. Nhur Athemon is wasting his time with you. Leave now, and you shall live. as he jests while pulling out another bomb.

Snake: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 -- fortitude
Bomb: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 2 = 113d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 2, 2) + 3 = 12 -- touch vs Seward, reflex to not catch fire!
Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 4
...nvm Miss?: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Reflex save from Seward to avoid taking 3 lethal damage as the bomb explodes in a high radius...Naneryn is somehow not hit by the blaze as the flames lick his cowl...

Round 2
@ Naneryn (-14 lethal, unconsious, bleeding) -- stable roll please.
@ Pietro
@ Seward (-2 lethal)
Round 3
@ Telos
@ Roran (-7 lethal) Reflex for round 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Snake
Krenar the Two Faced [-11 lethal]

@ Lucky round for the pathfinder, not much damage to either side. Everyone go!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

My strategy is for you to eat lightning until you like it!

Telos angrily lashes out again at the alchemist with his fingers spread wide in front of him.

Cast burning hands (electricity), std. action, DC15 reflex for half.
Electricity damage: 3d4 ⇒ (1, 4, 2) = 7

The halfing then retreats a short distance, having used up this means of attack.

15', move action

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Insolent fool! Ahhhhggh! You're next! he growls at the sorcerer who has been the only source of damage at this point.

Ref: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Round 2
@ Naneryn (-14 lethal, unconsious, bleeding) -- stable roll please.
@ Pietro
@ Seward (-2 lethal)
Round 3
Telos (-6 lethal)
@ Roran (-7 lethal)
Snake
Krenar the Two Faced [-15 lethal]

@ Nice work, everyone else go!

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 41/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 3/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran seeing an opening, moves over to the other side of the room. He then challenges the bomb thrower.

Withdraw action from the snake to avoid AOO. And then move across the room. Swift action to smite evil on red. I am hoping he is evil

AC is 22 vs the target of smite.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The snake lashes out at the paladin.

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Hmmm, only a little evil. No attack roll?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Roran withdrew. How high in the air is the alchemist? How high is the ceiling?

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Sorry, I was super tired last night. Yeah, he did withdraw, so no attack of opportunity. The alchemist is 5ft off the ground. And ceiling is 20 ft high.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

stable?: 1d20 ⇒ 17

I thought I was on fire?

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

You only burn for one round. As the chemicals around you burn away.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Pietro swings his bell-ringer.

morningstar v alchemist: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
REALLY WELL!
confirm?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 additional damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Longbow Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 - 2 = 201d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Longbow Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 - 2 = 211d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Seward sneers and just keeps shooting.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Pietro is able to land a single blow against the mad alchemist, right as Seward sinks an arrow into him. He bursts out of frustration. Aahhg! Fools, you do not stand a chance. Let me know you, true might.

He will move up levitating up to the top of the ceiling, 15ft up, Pietro and Roran get an attack of opportunity. He waves his and and speaks something in a language none of you understand. The snake makes an advance at the ranger. Krenar throws a bomb at Pietro and the gas around them explodes in vibrant colours!

Bomb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 103d6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 4) + 3 = 10 -- Pietro, reflex save vs catching fire!
Splash: 3 + 3 = 6 -- Roran reflex save to avoid spash
Burn?: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Snake: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 + fortitude?

Round 3
@ Naneryn (-14 lethal, unconsious, stable)
@ Pietro (-10 lethal) -- reflex save
@ Seward (-2 lethal)
Round 4
Telos (-6 lethal)
@ Roran (-7 lethal) -- reflex save
Snake
Krenar the Two Faced [-30 lethal]

@ Nice work, everyone else go!

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

As the next concussion rocks the room, the unconscious stink-bomb moans slightly and his brows furrow with pain or concentration. His nightmare continues: Invisible goblins leap off of burning tables and swing axes that explode when they hit him. He tries to run, but there is nowhere to go. Rats turn into giant bugs which are really half-melted doors which bar his path. He turns down other hallways with the goblins chasing him with their exploding axes. The passages are filled with murky green water and it is hard to run.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 41/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 3/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

aoo+smite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 271d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
potential crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 111d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Roran swings at his target as it flees.

reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 What was the DC for the splash damage

Rorans turn

Seeing his foe is out of reach, Roran drops his sword, and quickly channels healing energy to himself, before drawing his crossbow and fires it.

lay on hands: 1d6 ⇒ 1 -_-

crossbow+smite-firing one handed: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 131d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

501 to 550 of 1,346 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tealk’s - Core - Thornkeep Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.