GM Tealk's - Core - Thornkeep Series

Game Master Tealk

Dark Menagerie - Maps!


551 to 600 of 1,336 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward snaps off two more shots.

Longbow: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 - 2 = 181d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Longbow: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 - 2 = 191d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Pietro points dramatically to the rafters and swings.

morningstar v alchemist (AoO): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Reflex: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

DC for spash for this guy, is 15!

The strikes as Krenar moves away hit, and the alchemist is left wounded. The party is, however, unable to land any additional blows to finish off the half-faced man as he coughs up a bit of his blood. Taking a vial out of his pouch, he consumes it and some of his wounds heal.

Cure Wounds: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 6) + 3 = 17

Close, but not close enough. Now, who want's to die first? he croaks as the spittle from the foam of his mouth boils as the vapors leave into the acidic atmosphere.

Seward, your attack provoked an attack of opportunity, and you missed anyway, but he has cover from you, because you are far into the hall way, and he is 15ft up...

Bite Aoo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 111d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Round 4
@ Naneryn (-18 lethal, unconsious, stable)
@ Pietro (-10 lethal) -- reflex save
@ Seward (-9 lethal) fortitude save please!
Round 5
Telos (-6 lethal) Can take another action in previous turn.
@ Roran (-12 lethal) -- reflex save
Snake
Krenar the Two Faced [-41 +17 lethal]

@ Everyone go. Not looking good for you guys...

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

In frustration Telos turns around and unleashes his strongest electrical ray yet.

elemental ray attack, precise shot, point-blank shot vs. touch AC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
electricity damage, point-blank shot: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
critical electricity damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

...Telos is determined....Redact the healing, he falls over unconscious, only thing left is the snake...

Telos still can take another action, becuase that was for precious turn. Full post tomorow, map updated - Krenar defeated.

@ Everyone go!

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Nice shot Telos

Roran slings his crossbow once again and attempts to channel healing energy into his body.

lay on hands: 1d6 ⇒ 2

He then bends over and picks up his longsword.

Move, Swift, move

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

The brow of the not-quite-dead-rogue-who-smells-like-he-is relaxes as quiet descends abruptly upon the room. Perhaps his fevered nightmares are over. Maybe one day he will awaken. Until that time though, his body rests upon the floor, nearly hidden from view by the green mists as if they were jealousy trying to claim him for themselves.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

oh right, Naneryn is having a nap and is on the floor. So he wouldn't provide cover for the snake. Or does it get cover because snakes are small-ish? Adjust this action if so.

Hmmph! Pretentious windbag. Shove your bombs in your "alchemical drain-pipe".

Telos rolls his eyes as he turns away from the alchemist's body to find the snake that others have been dealing with.

5' step

elemental ray attack, precise shot, point-blank shot vs. touch AC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
electricity damage, point-blank shot: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Pietro stops. "Do you smell something?" drops and then rolls.

reflex: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Telos turns around and blasts the snake with electricity. As the rest of his team prepare for the last round, their wounds on fire from the alchemical bombs from Krenar, the snake turns it's attention to Telos.

Bit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 181d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 + fortitude!

Round 6
@ Naneryn (-18 lethal, unconsious, stable)
@ Pietro (-10 lethal)
@ Seward (-9 lethal)
@ Telos (-11 lethal) fortitude save please!
@ Roran (-12 lethal)
Snake [-5 lethal]
Krenar the Two Faced [-49 lethal, unconscious, bleeding]

@ Everyone go! Awesome work team.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Oooouch! I think it's time for those potions we found...

Fortitude: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 uh oh...

Retrieve potion from pack, move action
Drink potion of cure light wounds, standard action
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

5' step back

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

LOL, I forgot about the snake!

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran approaches the snake, sword in hand once more.

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 211d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

If necessary Seward mercy kills the snake.

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 2 = 171d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 - 2 = 151d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Pietro ponderously climbs to his feet and looks about.

Assuming he is not on fire. ;)

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:

Pietro ponderously climbs to his feet and looks about.

Assuming he is not on fire. ;)

amazing!

The pathfinders strike at the construct, barely scratching it as it lashes out again at Telos. Sensing, the poison has set in, it lunges one last time.

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Poison: 1d2 ⇒ 1 -- CON DAMAGE!

As if something in the creature snapped, it suddenly falls limp at the sorcerer's feat, seemingly defeated.

The fumes in the room still burn from the random explosions caused by the alchemist. Patches, are clear, yet the toxins still invade your bodies like a plague. You cough, and realise Naneryn is not moving. Tears well in your eyes, but you're not sure if its the chemicals or the joy of defeating another foe. After the battle, the Pathfinders take a moment to piece together what just happened. Who was that Alchemist? Why was he referring to you as Nhur Athemons disciples? What are we to do next...?

Combat over!

Party Conditions!
@ Naneryn (-18 lethal, unconsious, stable)
@ Pietro (-13 lethal)
@ Seward (-9 lethal)
@ Telos (-5 lethal, -1 con)Five more DC 11 Fort Saves please. Save 1.
@ Roran (-10 lethal)

You search the body of the alchemist finding (1) potion of cure moderate, wand of acid arrow (12 charges), acid (2), alchemist’s fire (2), smokestick, tanglefoot bag, studded leather, and a arcanolembic.

Arcanolembic DC 25 Arcana:
This glass flask looks similar to the alembics used by alchemists to distill various liquids, but this one is framed in a delicate silver brace and the glass is etched with various arcane runes. When used to create an alchemical object, the arcanolembic allows the creator to double her progress for 1 day’s work (although this does not affect the cost or the price of the components of the object). In addition, when used to brew a potion, the arcanolembic reduces the time needed to create the potion by 25%. Finally, the
arcanolembic can be used to hold one potion. When a creature consumes a potion from the arcanolembic, the potion is treated as if the caster level were 2 higher than the usual minimum for a potion of its level. Placing a potion into the arcanolembic is a full-round action. While holding a potion, the arcanolembic cannot be used for any other purpose.

After reading this for half an hour or so...

You also find a diary, that Krenar held on his various discoveries during his times down here in Thornkeep. He kept records of his alchemical masteries using the arcanolebric, and his trials on the various Zog goblin tribes that would present themselves to him. You get the sense that he didn't believe in Nhur Athemons powers to begin with, but the deaper he delved into the dark secrets of alchemy and this place, the more he began to learn from the dark azlant. You also find notes on his collution with an up and coming apprentice of his, Tulman's wife Jalia from the Greenforest Inn. He describes her as intoxicating and beautiful, the right combination to become something truly deadly.

Where to now folks? You have technically defeated the final encounter, but there is still a dungeon to clear before we can count this floor as completed.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos suddenly feels his adrenaline activate as poison courses through his body. He stares at the puncture wounds left by the snake, as if that does any good.

Fortitude, DC11: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Fortitude, DC11: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Fortitude, DC11: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Fortitude, DC11: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Fortitude, DC11: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Arcana, DC25: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Poison: 1d2 ⇒ 1 -- CON DAMAGE!

Telos, you save after the third roll. You are no longer poisoned.

Please feel free to interact, what are your characters thinking?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

So no more CON damage, or that remains?

Telos skims over the journal.

Great, this is not the kind of news you want to break to the innkeeper, about his wife. Not it!

After he sees who's left dealing with that juicy bit from the journal he continues.

So Nhur turned this one into a believer. I'd like to explore this level a bit more and see if we can get more clues as to the power that he held in life. I'd like to believe that this simple alchemy was only a slice of it. Gods help us if we come across someone who was inspired by, for example, his necromancy.

He nods towards the door to the north, out of the room.

What do you say, keep clearing rooms, hoping they're not as dangerous as this?

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

No, the Con Damage remains until you rest, it is just that the poison no longer doing damage to you.

Roran sheaths his longsword and set his shield down. He brings his crossbow around to reload it. Once reloaded, he strap his shield on once more.

"Hey Pietro, can you go check on Nan. He is unconscious again." Roran says with a slight chuckle. He quickly recovers his composure and nods in agreement with Telos.

Roran could also need a few taps of the wand

"Alright, let's move on" He then draws his sword once more.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Roran Garrowson wrote:
"Hey Pietro, can you go check on Nan. He is unconscious again." Roran says with a slight chuckle. He quickly recovers his composure and nods in agreement with Telos.

"ALREADY ON IT!" Pietro bellows waving off the paladin. He leans over and dribbles the potion of moderate wounds taken from the alchemist(s?) down the elf's throat.

potion of cure mod: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (7, 3) + 3 = 13

"HELL YEAH! That almost did the trick."

wand of cure light wounds v Naneryn: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
wand of cure light wounds v Naneryn: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

wand of cure light wounds v Roran: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
wand of cure light wounds v Roran: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
wand of cure light wounds v Roran: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

wand of cure light wounds v Telos: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 I don't actually know how many hit points you can have just now, T.

"ANYONE ELSE!? I swear I could make this a drinking game. HAH!"

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward takes his own wand and applies it to himmself enjoying the nurturing warmth of rural community that Wands of Erastil imbue

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:
He leans over and dribbles the potion of moderate wounds taken from the alchemist(s?) down the elf's throat.

Oh damn, the potions we picked up were moderate? Or just one? Of so I might not need...

Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:
wand of cure light wounds v Telos]1d8+1 I don't actually know how many hit points you can have just now, T.

Actually, the GM's tracker is acurate, so that gets me back to full (less the CON damage), and thank you!

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Let me know when you guys are ready, top right or bottom left corner next? Not much left of this.

As the party takes a few minutes to assess the damaged, the cleric does his best dressing everyone’s wounds. Your muscles and bruises still sting from the battle, and parts of your body feel numb from inhaling the toxins. You think leaving this room and getting some fresh air might be best.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos opens the door to the north...

after searching it for Traps (Perception): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Back to full, thanks

Roran follows telos.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The party presses northward.

Opposite a bench in the center of this room are a pair of stone statues set into alcoves, each one looking like a vaguely humanoid collection of gears and blocks. Unlike the other statues in this place, these appear to be mostly intact.

Any relevant skill checks you would like to use, rolpleay wise?

DC 18 Arcana/Spellcraft:
These statues are nearly completed animated objects that need only a spark of life to be activated. Krenar has not been able to uncover how to accomplish this as of yet, but he continues to try. Each construct has a hole in its chest, roughly the size an apple. If the crystal is placed within, the construct animates and unfailingly serves the one who placed the crystal. The construct understands only Draconic, and cannot speak. If that construct is destroyed, the crystal can be placed into the chest of another of the remaining animated objects, which also then serves the one who placed it.

Reactions? What do you do next.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

"HAAAAAPY BIRTHDAY!" says the elf as the top had it placed upon his head... no wait... wrong story.

"Uggggg, what happened?" The rogue groans as he tries to rise but winds up coughing on the nasty mist instead. "Is that jerk dead?" After searching the body, he pours out an alchemist fire and lights Krenar the Two Faced. He kicks the burning corpse a few times too "See how you like it!" He is very close to throwing the book at him too, but somehow resists.

He thanks the cleric once again, "So what do the non-clerical of Cayden Cailean do? Is talking loud a requirement?" Naneryn cannot decide if he feels indebted to the diety or even more inclined to disbelieve in them all.

The once arrogant rogue moves along with the party, searching for traps and keeping quiet, while not getting ahead of the others. In the clockwork statue room, he even glances at the others as if waiting for permission to search the room for traps.

find traps: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 1 = 18 (circle the room clockwise)
stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward decides that safe is better than sorry and tries to kick over one of the constructs.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Naneryn wrote:
"Uggggg, what happened?" The rogue groans as he tries to rise but winds up coughing on the nasty mist instead. "Is that jerk dead?"

"OF COURSE NOT! See? Seward's right over there." Pietro says indicating the halfling kicking over a metal sculpture.

Naneryn wrote:
He thanks the cleric once again, "So what do the non-clerical of Cayden Cailean do? Is talking loud a requirement?"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, 'LOUD'!?" he says in his in-door bellow. "Mostly the laity cluster in taverns on weekends to take libations with the clergy over some tale-spinning. Services can last for hours. Don't think that the Clerics of Cayden do not work hard for their flock."

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Wait, Seward, don't! Telos yells out as he tries to inspect the statues.

Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Oh, nevermind...

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

As the party looks into the alcove, they find nothing else of interest.

Naneryn jumps the gun, like he usually does, and goes investigating without making a real assessment on the golems. Telos, spooking the young elf as he is climbing around the back side of one of the golems, accidently hits his head, knocking one down. He doesn't find any traps, but he finds that constructed golems can be quite heavy.

Seward kicks the other construct on top of the stinky elf, accidentally, of course.

Naneryn takes 1 non-lethal damage for knocking stuff over. Only a little light heartedness, nothing sinister I promise!

No ones, other then Telos, seems to understand the arcane significance of this place. He tries to focus his mind, but is too fatigued to do so.
You have the clear suspicion that this room is important somehow, and that you should probably either take notes, or do something in this room. You don't feel "fulfilled" by just leaving it here. Maybe something to do with that hole in the construct's chests...?

The loud energy from Pietro reminds everyone of the light-hearted nature of the cleric, and everyone feels a little more at ease in this dark place. He sure is loud and great at drawing attention to the group, but he is also very good at making your wounds feel better.

Party Conditions!
@ Naneryn (-3 lethal, -1 non lethal)
@ Pietro
@ Seward (-3 lethal)
@ Telos (-2 con)
@ Roran

The corridors diverge where they intersect. One passage leading towards the room with the angry alchemist goblin who deflated like a balloon, the other northward into a junk room.

Where to next, friends?

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:
Naneryn wrote:
"Uggggg, what happened?" The rogue groans as he tries to rise but winds up coughing on the nasty mist instead. "Is that jerk dead?"

"OF COURSE NOT! See? Seward's right over there." Pietro says indicating the halfling kicking over a metal sculpture.

I love this! So much!

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward sneers at the boisterous cleric. Someone has to be mean to help the group out. This place is a death pit designed by a mad wizard. I'm surprised you can be so calm

The halfling trots north.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos keeps looking and things for a moment.

I'm not recalling anything from my formal arcane training, but what about those holes where their "hearts" would go?

He walks back up to one of them, still trying to think despite the fog of fatigue, yawning.

Say, do we still have any of the crystals from the door?

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

"I think we may have left them in the door. We could look around this level some more and try to find something that fits. But are we sure that reactivating these things are a good thing"

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos considers, still thinking out loud in general.

Right, I'm not entirely sure. On the one hand, it won't be fun if they attack us on activation. On the other hand, they could be servants to whomever activates them, at which point we have some obedient helpers. Does anybody else have an opinion or read on their nature?

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Ever intrigued by puzzles and emboldened by the fact that, aside from being squished, these statues have proven to be very un-dangerous, the rogue/mage goes into full diagnostic mode.

He fiddles with the gears, trying to see if any turn. He uses the Open cantrip on random places, hoping that something hidden-but-not-locked will open up. He pits his diabolical know-how against that of their creator via disable device: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 1 = 33

He also studies the shape of the hole, drawing it and the statues on paper. He then wanders back into the master's room and looks for any thing that might fit in the holes but we overlooked as junk.

He really didn't get a chance to do anything with the dragon fire breathing statue trap, so he's venting some of his pent up energies here.

Frustrated if nothing turns up, he blasts one in the face with his crappy Blinding Ray

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The gems from the previous floor were destroyed after the door of seven stars was opened.

The party does their best to discern the content in this room. The golemns, obviously being the focal point. With no new bits of information coming their way, Naneryn tries the brute force approach and begins to tinker with the construct. The rest of the team help stand one of them up again, as Naneryn takes out his tools and tries exploring the cavity in the center of it's chest. Making ...surprisingly substantial progress, he can manage to operate one of the libs individually, but nothing more. He concludes that this thing needs a big power source, probably from a gem of sorts before it will become functioning. In a last attempt, he casts his spell at the machine...and it backfires horribly. You watch, as the ray reflects off of the metal and into Naneryns eyes.

Fortitude save vs your own spell please.

As Telos watches this all unfold, Seward creeps up further up the tunnel. His allies follow him a couple steps back, making sure not to leave too much space between the group.

Here, in the mess and tangle, it looks as if some years ago something broke loose and tore apart this ancient workshop before ripping a hole in the eastern wall. Broken tools and implements appear to have pulled from the ruined remnants of this chamber and sorted into various piles.

Perception:

Pietro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Roran: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Naneryn: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Seward: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Telos: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Initiative:

Pietro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Telos: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Robot: 1d20 ⇒ 16

As Seward moves into the room, seemingly not suspecting a thing, a similar golemn like from the other room becomes functional. Luckily...Seward notices before it gets up! It rises from a pile of broken tools, a burning red gem in the centre of it's chest. It sparks and fizzles, and eminates a sound. M...m...aster. Return...ed...Protocol 08, active. It charges at Seward.

DC 18 Arcana:
Technically speaking, this is a medium animated object. It's special construct points were used to enhance it's attacks and it is made of stone. You think it might have some hardness.

Round 1
@ Seward (-3 lethal) + surprise round vs it being prone
@ Pietro
Robot
Telos (-2 con)
Naneryn (-3 lethal, -1 non lethal)
Roran

@ Seward and Pietro go!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Arcana, DC18: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 noooothin'

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward shakes his head Not again. Your Master is DEAD
or at least not here. Go back to sleep!

Seward takes his bow and fires it.

Longbow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 301d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Longbow Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 - 2 = 91d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Longbow Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 - 2 = 121d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Longbow Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 192d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 6) + 4 = 11

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"Now what's the lad shooting at? I swear he must be half-elf."

Pietro casts guidance on himself with a quick swig from his store of 'divine knowledge' and moves forward.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The robot stands up, and makes his way, crashing through the wreck, around the cleric and for Seward.

Slam: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 171d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Round 1
@ Telos (-2 con)
@ Naneryn (-3 lethal, -1 non lethal)
@ Roran
Round 2
@ Seward (-3 lethal) + surprise round vs it being prone
@ Pietro
Robot -14 lethal

@ Everyone go!

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward steps back from the Robot and snaps two more shots at the robot.

Longbow Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 - 2 = 221d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Longbow Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 2 = 141d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos advanced into the tunnel.

What's going on back there? Does the construct happen to have a crystal we could use? On my way...

25', double move
Looks like there's too much corner to shoot around, yes?

looks tight up in here, and an AoO from a slammy robot doesn't seem appealing.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Naneryn hurries toward the fray, "Careful Telos, in case spells reflect off of that one too!" He does not have a weapon drawn.

I was going to double move to get behind the thing so I could try to disable device on it next round... but I figure I'll give Pietro a rest and avoid unnecessary aoo's

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Oh shoot, I apparently didn't post the 'my eyes, my eyes!' stuff I had been composing in my head after reading the last update. Oh well, just pretend I wrote something silly.

I was also beginning to rethink his non-double-move. Naneryn is pretty eager to play with traps and puzzles. But maybe he has had enough time (while unconscious) to think about that more and realize that he needs to throttle his enthusiasm in order to have more playtime with the toys. So ok, yeah. No double move. He's trying to behave.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

That's alright Naneryn, it was mostly for fun and not written in anyway!

Roran moves up and readies an attack if the robot moves in after Seward.
Longsword: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 101d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The construct, being chipped away little by little from Seward, persues it's attacked. This time, being able to put out two slams! It's mechanical arms spin as it moves forward.
Slam: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 251d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Slam: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 241d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Confirm?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 241d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Seward lies in a pile of mush, as his blood seems out and meshes with the various cogs and other machinery among the room...

Seward, you notice that you 4 damage actually didn't do anything to this construct...

Round 2
@ Telos (-2 con)
@ Naneryn (-3 lethal, -1 non lethal)
@ Roran
Round 3
@ Seward (-35 lethal, unconscious, bleeding)
@ Pietro
Robot -14 lethal

@ Everyone go!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Roran, watch out!

Telos throws out his hand to send a ray of lightning past his paladin and into the construct.

elemental ray attack vs. cover (+4 AC): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 woohoo!
electricity damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
confirm?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 good lord RNG! don't use it all up at once!
critical electricity damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran takes another swing at the construct.

swing: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 141d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

551 to 600 of 1,336 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tealk’s - Core - Thornkeep Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.