[PFS]GM Dennis - #7-27 Beyond Azlant Ridge (low tier) (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Muldoon

Maps & Handouts


301 to 350 of 425 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)
Quote:
There is an additional lingering magical essence, however, one that gives a feeling of restoration and healing. This lingering magic seems old and frail, however, and there’s no telling how many times it will work. You think that, were it placed on someone who had been blinded or petrified within this temple, the mask may be able to remove those conditions. The user will have to make a Will save, however, or risk burning out the item.

Tabris, don this helmet. It may help. Giovanni himself produces his potion of Protection from Evil just in case.

Quote:


Upon closer inspection, the mosaics below the panels reveal a sort of narrative. In the first mosaic, the large doors are ajar and three snake-like tails are slithering free. In the second, four cyclopes each place small stone discs into the panels. In the last mosaic, beams from the panels push back the serpentine tails.

The disks are the key. We can get this one in the dark room. The archaeologist gave us one and the other two were shoved in the crack to whatever awaits behind the doors. If we can keep it occupied with the monolith, I can place the disks in the slots.

Ah, thank you, Tabris. If you do not mind applying a charge.

Assuming you do, i'll roll

lesser restoration: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Sitting on 2 more damage. I'll take one more charge if that's alright.
lesser restoration: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Dark Archive

M Dhampir Warpriest4 HP 7/31 AC:18/TC:12/FF:17 Perc +3 F +5 R +2 W +7 (+2 vs Disease/Mind-Affecting, -1 vs physical ability damage) CMB +9 CMD 21(51 vs Grapple) Spd 20ft Init +1 Fervor 1/5 Blessings: 3/5 Active Buffs: Bull's Strength

Tabris takes the proffered mask and loops it over his head. "Goddess, may you smile on me for this coming fight." he prays quietly.

Will Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Ergh, hope that is enough. I'll save the reroll. No problem about the charges, they are meant to be used.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

The moment Tabris dons the large, strange mask, his eyes widen with the sudden return of his sight! Examining the mask again, it seems to have retained its magical essence (that Will save is enough).

One of you with darkvision can easily retrieve the disc and cover it to suppress its darkening effect (the haunt has a long reset time at this tier, unlike my poor high-tier players).

Let me know what you'd like to do with your remaining 10 minutes or so.

Dark Archive

M Dhampir Warpriest4 HP 7/31 AC:18/TC:12/FF:17 Perc +3 F +5 R +2 W +7 (+2 vs Disease/Mind-Affecting, -1 vs physical ability damage) CMB +9 CMD 21(51 vs Grapple) Spd 20ft Init +1 Fervor 1/5 Blessings: 3/5 Active Buffs: Bull's Strength

Tabris returns to his normal size over the next few minutes, moving to join the party in the hall. Watching the enormous construct continue its work, he rubs at his eyes in relief.

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

Excellent, Tabris. You should carry the flail then now also. Are we ready to face the monster? Giovanni feels a little better with all his organs in the right place.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Unchained Rogue / 5th | HP:36/36 | AC:22 T:15 FF:17 | CMB:5 CMD:20 | Saves F:+2 R:+9 W:+2 | Init:+7 | Per: +11

Dylph will cautiously retrieve the disc...

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

Corona enters the large room cautiously, watching the behemoth clobber the door. She turns back and rereads the inscription.

Arletta wrote:

"There's some sort of creature here, inside that central chamber. I think it's trapped there. It has everyone under it's sway, and it's convinced them that it's some sort of protector, calling itself the 'Starwatcher Spirit'. It had ahold of me, too, until bumped into that sphere up there."

I've been protecting this." She opens her satchel to reveal a solid stone disc, about seven inches in radius and one inch thick, that glows with a light similar to a light spell. "We've already put two in, one with a fainter, purplish glow, and one that was as bright as the sun. I don't know what it wants with them, but I'm terrified what will happen when that stupid iron brute breaks down the door in there."

Inscription wrote:
"The MOON set within the VOID reflects the SUN but does not obscure the STARS."

"Perhaps these discs provide a clue?" Corona pulls out her disc and inspects the design upon it.

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)
Quote:
In the first mosaic, the large doors are ajar and three snake-like tails are slithering free. In the second, four cyclopes each place small stone discs into the panels. In the last mosaic, beams from the panels push back the serpentine tails.

Yes, I believe these mosaics indicate that the discs trigger a weapon of some sort. Would you agree? Giovanni peering at the carvings through his glasses.

The Exchange

Male CG Gnome Unchained Summoner 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Summon Monster 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active conditions:

I like Giovanni's idea. Sounds like it could fun. I think I am ready for this fight, though I think someone should use that flail, just in case!

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Dylph retrieves the disc without incident (and I'm assuming stows it so that the darkness doesn't follow you around).

The disc in Corona's hands, as the one Dylph has stowed, looks to be exactly the right size to fit in one of the indentations eight feet up on the wall. It is about seven inches in radius, one inch thick, and due to the supernaturally dense stone used in its construction it weighs approximately 30 pounds. It glows as with the light of a light spell, in contrast to the one you just found, which appears to be the subject of a darkness spell.

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

"This is much heavier than I anticipated..." Corona can barely hold the disc. "If these discs do trigger the weapon Giovanni conjectures, maybe we need to fit them into the indentations. But which one goes where?"

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Forgot to mention the treasure you found in the room with the disc, once the darkness was suppressed. Sitting on a shelf near the disc were two onyx carvings worth 100gp each and a slender mithral wand.

Detect magic and Spellcraft:
DC 18:
Spoiler:
This is a mithral wand of bull’s strength with 16 charges remaining.

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

Spellcraft, Guidance: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 11 - 2 + 1 = 26

"A wand of Bull's Strength. About 16 uses remaining." Corona watches the thing pummel the doors. "Whatever is behind that door... I will try to apply it to anyone who desires it."

I'm not sure about the timing on this door breaking down, but I'd love to buff someone before it breaks.

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)
Cel Corona wrote:

[dice=Spellcraft, Guidance]1d20+11-2+1

"A wand of Bull's Strength. About 16 uses remaining." Corona watches the thing pummel the doors. "Whatever is behind that door... I will try to apply it to anyone who desires it."

I'm not sure about the timing on this door breaking down, but I'd love to buff someone before it breaks.

It seems Tabris is the only one of us that will benefit from it in combat. Easy enough.

Inscription wrote:
"The MOON set within the VOID reflects the SUN but does not obscure the STARS."

I think you're right, Corona. This must be the clue to their order. We seem to have SUN and VOID. Let's ask the archaeologist which ones they sent through and hope we can secure them for replacement during the combat. Giovanni will jog ahead to get the information from the archaeologist.

Silver Crusade

Male Ratfolk Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner/Gun Tank)/3 | AC 20, Touch 14, FF 17 | HP 28/28 | Perception +10 | Init +5 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +3

I don't like this one bit, Goode mumbles as everyone sets to work, having to wait and fight whatever is on the other side of that door... especially with Tabris's vision, I get the feeling we're in for a hard fight. As he continues to be fatalistic, he habitually checks his gear and loads his pistol, checking and double checking to be sure that it's packed in a way that will prevent it from misfiring, and oils the gears in the hammer to ensure smooth operation. Not one bit...

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Arletta tells you that one of the discs seemed outlined with a pale, purple glow, as the spell faerie fire. The other glowed as bright as the sun, as daylight, definitely brighter than the one she gave you (which glows as light).

As for timing, no one successfully made the engineering check to be able to predict exactly when it will break when you were in here earlier, so you can only estimate to within five minutes. Buffs that last five minutes or longer are fine, but nothing shorter.

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

We must have MOON and VOID. We must recover the purple glow (STARS) and bright light (SUN). 'The MOON set within the VOID reflects the SUN but does not obscure the STARS.' Do we place MOON over VOID opposite SUN but not covering STARS? Giovanni tries to make sense of the riddle and how to place the discs.

kn history maybe?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

As I think it can be confusing written out in PbP, I've created a slide that shows how the inscription and the panels are arranged. As you acquire them, I'll add tokens to represent the discs, so you can show me how you want to arrange them.

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)
GM Dennis wrote:
As I think it can be confusing written out in PbP, I've created a slide that shows how the inscription and the panels are arranged. As you acquire them, I'll add tokens to represent the discs, so you can show me how you want to arrange them.

Mighty kind of you. With those options it seems like they should just be put in order of appearance in the riddle.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

You can put the discs into the indentations if you'd like. Mechanically, how are you getting them up the eight feet?

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like Dylph is currently holding the darkness disc, and Corona has the light disc.

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

Climbable? I could pretty easily do a 3ft vertical jump. Is there anything around we can stand on?

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

I'm skeptical of your ability to do a three-foot vertical jump with a 30lb stone disc in hand and have enough control to carefully place said disc into a precisely-sized opening at the apex of your jump. The wall is made of massive, crumbling granite bricks, DC 20 to climb though you would need both hands to climb, and maneuvering a 30lb stone disc at the top of your climb with one hand would be very difficult. There was some scaffolding and a folding table in the first room with the archaeologists, or an ally could boost someone up to reach one panel.

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

Someone help me move the scaffolding quickly. We may not have the luxury of boosting each other up during the fight. Giovanni goes to carry back what he can.

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

"I cannot estimate when that wall will fall. I will be ready to help Tabris once the door is smashed."

Meanwhile, she helps Giovanni up. "Which disc are you placing first? And where are you placing it?"

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

My suggestion for disc placement is in the deck. Slide 2

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Working quickly, Giovanni and Corona (and anyone else that helps) are able to get a small section of scaffolding set up beneath the panels. It's a move action to ascend the scaffold to a particular panel, though you can move normally along the raised surface. Placing a disc in an indentation is a full-round action, and you can place the two you have right now as you'd like.

You think the door collapse is imminent, from the sounds of things. You can do any five-minute or longer buffs, but can't time it better than that. Let me know any other things you'd like to do, and I'll get the action going soon.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Unchained Rogue / 5th | HP:36/36 | AC:22 T:15 FF:17 | CMB:5 CMD:20 | Saves F:+2 R:+9 W:+2 | Init:+7 | Per: +11

Dylph will place the darkness disc as Giovanni directs, then draws his bow in readiness for what lies beyond the bashed in door...

The Exchange

Male CG Gnome Unchained Summoner 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Summon Monster 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active conditions:

Christina can has a climb speed and doen't need her hands to climb. If we want, I can summon her and have her on disk duty during the fight, but that will severely limit how useful I am in combat as that stops me from summoning useful critters. Plus, Christina hates the idea of being part of combat. What are your thoughts?

Dark Archive

M Dhampir Warpriest4 HP 7/31 AC:18/TC:12/FF:17 Perc +3 F +5 R +2 W +7 (+2 vs Disease/Mind-Affecting, -1 vs physical ability damage) CMB +9 CMD 21(51 vs Grapple) Spd 20ft Init +1 Fervor 1/5 Blessings: 3/5 Active Buffs: Bull's Strength
Giovanni Stellaluce wrote:
Cel Corona wrote:

"A wand of Bull's Strength. About 16 uses remaining." Corona watches the thing pummel the doors. "Whatever is behind that door... I will try to apply it to anyone who desires it."

I'm not sure about the timing on this door breaking down, but I'd love to buff someone before it breaks.

It seems Tabris is the only one of us that will benefit from it in combat. Easy enough.

"I prepared a prayer of just such strength for myself. Do not concern yourself with me. We may have little time to spare." Tabris stares at the mosaic for long moments before shaking his head. "I have no mind for puzzles. I leave the placement to you."

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

If no one requires the blessing of Bull's Strength from the wand, I could hold it to apply to myself when the time comes to aid with my climbing. Giovanni will take the wand, if relinquished.

I would hope Christina could hold her nose and participate in the area of combat to help us with these disks. I will ferry them to her.

Giovanni positions himself aside the monolith waiting for the inevitable.

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

"Christina can climb walls innately? Her speed and agility would be very useful, Nigel." Corona thanks the gnome for the idea.

Corona hands Giovanni the wand of Bull's Strength. "We are as prepared as we can be. We must focus on retrieving and replacing the discs."

The Exchange

Male CG Gnome Unchained Summoner 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Summon Monster 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active conditions:

Ohh my... I am going to never here the end of this... but yes, I can bring Christina in to help. Just give me a minute. The gnome seems flustered at the idea of doing this but knows this is the way to win. He pulls out a piece of chalk and makes a circle on the ground and begins a long summoning ritual.

It takes 1 minute to summon her so if the door breaks in the next minute, no Christina. Otherwise, we have snake support! Just keep that snake killing flail away from her haha

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Nigel, is there something about Christina's evolution that allows her to climb without hands? That's not an inherent part of a climb speed, as far as I know.

Dark Archive

M Dhampir Warpriest4 HP 7/31 AC:18/TC:12/FF:17 Perc +3 F +5 R +2 W +7 (+2 vs Disease/Mind-Affecting, -1 vs physical ability damage) CMB +9 CMD 21(51 vs Grapple) Spd 20ft Init +1 Fervor 1/5 Blessings: 3/5 Active Buffs: Bull's Strength

Are snakes not allowed to use their climb speeds?

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

They are for sure, that's why I was asking about her form. Is Christina snake-like? If so, that's good enough for me.

The Exchange

Female CG Serpentine Eidolon 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 17 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Yes, she is a serpentine eidolon with the arms evolution. I know I found something that said that she could climb without hands when I build her that I can try to find again if needed, but it would seem weird that she could climb just as well if she didn't have the arms evolutions, bu still need to use them to climb. I built her that way for the rare situations she gets caught in fights, she can scurry up the walls and shoot her bow.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Yeah, I had missed that she was serpentine. A snake with a climb speed certainly doesn't need arms, so if her arms are add-ons to her snake form, I'm good with her climbing without using her hands. I haven't played a summoner and there aren't too many in my region, so I'm not super familiar with all the eidolon forms.

You have time to summon her. I'll get us moving this afternoon.

Dark Archive

M Dhampir Warpriest4 HP 7/31 AC:18/TC:12/FF:17 Perc +3 F +5 R +2 W +7 (+2 vs Disease/Mind-Affecting, -1 vs physical ability damage) CMB +9 CMD 21(51 vs Grapple) Spd 20ft Init +1 Fervor 1/5 Blessings: 3/5 Active Buffs: Bull's Strength

Fair enough!

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

*gulp* We're better prepared than the time I played this in Core, that's for sure.

The Exchange

Female CG Serpentine Eidolon 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 17 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

It's okay! I know it was a topic that I spent awhile researching when I built her because I wanted to make sure the idea of her worked mechanically. I am excited that she will be useful for more than just her insane perception check, even if Christina is not!

After a minute, the snake like woman comes slithering out of the circle again. As she has already met you all, she just nods as she slides up to Nigel. What do you need thissss time? Found a challenging puzzzle in the ruinsss? Ohhh how I enjoy puzzzles.

After what is expected of her is explained.

Ohh no. I can't do that! I don't like combat. Plussss, I don't think I can lift these stonessss. She then tries to pick one up but can't.

Sense motive dc9:

bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 9
You can clearly see that she can lift the stone but she is pretending she can't to get out of doing it.

I am ready to go, was just doing some roleplaying since I missed most of it in this adventure!

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 - 2 = 10
Well at least I got to burn off a bad roll.
"Liar liar, pants on fire!" "Corona" giggles before regaining her composure.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 - 2 = 15
"Please, Christina." Corona bows to the eidolon. "Time may be of the essence. Besides, you won't be doing a lot of combat if this goes well- we just want you to place the discs in the right indentations."

The Exchange

Female CG Serpentine Eidolon 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 17 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

She sneers at Nigel. I was hoping that ruse would work... Okay, I will do it. But I am not cleaning the shop for a whole week Nigel. You get to do all my chores! You guys will protect me... right? She looks at her measly short bow that hasn't seen use in about a year.

Dark Archive

M Dhampir Warpriest4 HP 7/31 AC:18/TC:12/FF:17 Perc +3 F +5 R +2 W +7 (+2 vs Disease/Mind-Affecting, -1 vs physical ability damage) CMB +9 CMD 21(51 vs Grapple) Spd 20ft Init +1 Fervor 1/5 Blessings: 3/5 Active Buffs: Bull's Strength

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

"Your serpent is far more amusing than the rest we have had to deal with, gnome." Tabris observes with a wet chuckle.

Christina The Eidolon wrote:
You guys will protect me... right? She looks at her measly short bow that hasn't seen use in about a year.

Hefting his scythe, Tabris moves to interpose himself between the door and the eidolon.

Dark Archive

M Dhampir Warpriest4 HP 7/31 AC:18/TC:12/FF:17 Perc +3 F +5 R +2 W +7 (+2 vs Disease/Mind-Affecting, -1 vs physical ability damage) CMB +9 CMD 21(51 vs Grapple) Spd 20ft Init +1 Fervor 1/5 Blessings: 3/5 Active Buffs: Bull's Strength
Cel Corona wrote:
*gulp* We're better prepared than the time I played this in Core, that's for sure.

If anyone has to sacrifice for the party, let it be Tabris.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

With a final blow, the enormous iron golem smashes through the stone doors. Framed in the doorway is a gargantuan black-and-red serpent with three tails and six eyes. A gloating telepathic cry exudes from the creature: Foolish, mindless machine! Now you are the prisoner, and I am finally free!

With a dazzling flash, the two creatures change places: the golem in the smaller room and the serpentine fiend outside of it. As the serpent begins to uncoil, the golem lunges forward and grasps the fiend by its head. The two titans are in a temporary stalemate; the golem cannot release its hold or the fiend will escape, and the fiend cannot break the golem’s grip. Behind the titan, just below the crack in the wall, lie two stone discs. One is outlined in pale purple fire, while the other glows with brilliant daylight.

The creature’s tails, the only part unrestrained, look like they can reach 15ft. Like the golem, the beast is gargantuan. Medium or smaller creatures can move freely through its space, though doing so would provoke attacks of opportunity.

What is that?! Knowledge (Planes):
DC 25:
Spoiler:
This is a Xacarba, a CR 15 Outsider with the chaotic, evil, and extraplanar subtypes. They are known for their ability to redirect spells aimed at them, unless the caster takes great care (casts defensively).

For every 5 by which you beat the DC you may ask another question.

GM Screen:

Initiative:
Giovanni: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Corona: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Tabris: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Goode: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Nigel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Christina: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Dylph: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Xacarba: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

The creature thrashes about in frustration, its tails grasping at all three Pathfinders in reach. Now's a good time to remind you of the effects of drinking from the fountain: you each have +30 insight bonus to your CMD, and to Escape Artist and CMB checks made to escape a grapple.

Tail slap vs. flat-footed Tabris: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Grab: 1d20 + 37 ⇒ (2) + 37 = 39

Tail slap vs. flat-footed Giovanni: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Grab: 1d20 + 37 ⇒ (4) + 37 = 41

Tail slap vs. flat-footed Corona: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Grab: 1d20 + 37 ⇒ (2) + 37 = 39

Though the creature's tails batter Giovanni and Corona, the magic of the fountain seems to prevent it from gaining any traction on them. It missed Tabris, and I believe the +30 from the water is enough to prevent either of the other two from being grabbed, even flat-footed.

-----

Initiative!

  • ?
  • Dylph
  • Giovanni
  • Christina
  • Goode
  • Corona
  • Tabris
  • Nigel

    Whole party may act.

  • Dark Archive

    M Dhampir Warpriest4 HP 7/31 AC:18/TC:12/FF:17 Perc +3 F +5 R +2 W +7 (+2 vs Disease/Mind-Affecting, -1 vs physical ability damage) CMB +9 CMD 21(51 vs Grapple) Spd 20ft Init +1 Fervor 1/5 Blessings: 3/5 Active Buffs: Bull's Strength

    "GODDESS, GRANT ME STRENGTH!" Tabris shouts, leaping into action against the beast!

    Scythe on Beastie: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
    Damage on Beastie: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (1, 3) + 9 = 13
    Bite on Beastie: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

    Swift Action using Fervor to cast Bull's Strength, step up and attack.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Tabris' scythe, as well as his teeth, slide harmlessly off the creature's thick scales.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Argh, sorry all. Not sure if its the holidays, something about the layout of the scenario, or just my brain, but apparently I failed a linguistics check. There was some treasure in this room that you would have found before this encounter triggered. You can decide now who has it:

    A small, golden token of the sun on a gold chain rests near the panels.

    What is that necklace? Detect magic and Spellcraft:
    DC 18:
    Spoiler:
    This necklace functions as an aegis of recovery.

    Sovereign Court

    Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

    kn planes: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

    Giovanni nearly freezes up. This thing will be the death of us if we do not get those disks!!

    Giovanni can't see a way to get to the disks and wade back through the snake fight without being killed. An idea!! I will try to get to the disks. Someone meet me on the other side of the crack to run the disks back. I will pass them to you!!

    Giovanni will shield himself with his thin rapier and wand he's holding. He'll attempt to move to the disks.

    Total defense for AC 24 as a standard. Move to a spot I hope I cannot be reached at. Also hope the AoO doesn't kill me!!

    301 to 350 of 425 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS]GM Dennis - #7-27 Beyond Azlant Ridge (low tier) All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.