[PFS]GM Dennis - #7-27 Beyond Azlant Ridge (low tier) (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Muldoon

Maps & Handouts


1 to 50 of 425 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Please ninja-dot here.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Although the city of Nantambu is hot, the interior of Sharrowsmith’s Exports is cool and dim. Aya Allahe gestures to a sideboard of iced drinks and jungle fruits as she settles in behind her tidy desk. “Please, refresh yourselves, for I’m about to ask you to journey far from the comforts of civilization.” The only other person in the room is a half-elf named Fola Barun, who has curly hair and dark skin painted with delicate designs. Fola stands behind a massive oak table, meticulously adding details to a half-finished map.

Allahe’s brow wrinkles over her golden eyes, hinting at her worry. “North of Bloodcove is the mountainous Terwa Uplands and a scarp called Azlant Ridge. For more than six years, Pathfinder archeologists at Azlant Ridge have been excavating an Azlanti outpost of vital historical significance; it’s perhaps the only Azlanti outpost on the Mwangi coast.” Allahe pauses. “Fola, you mentioned to me before that you wanted to learn how Pathfinder agents begin a mission. Why don’t you hold off on that map for a few minutes and listen?”

The half-elf carefully sets her cartography aside and strides over behind the desk. Allahe nods approvingly and continues, “My good friend, Juliet Dias, leads the expedition
at Azlant Ridge. During their first year, the expedition was beset by a horde of ape-men,
but was saved by the timely intervention of a group of Pathfinder agents. The site has been
mostly quiet ever since—Juliet provides monthly reports. Archeology is a slow and careful science, as Juliet is keen to remind me. Not all Pathfinders are reckless thrill-seekers.”
Allahe flashes a conspiratorial smile.

Fola Barun speaks up. “Juliet Dias’s monthly correspondence is a week overdue. Her last missive described a strange light emanating from somewhere deeper in the Terwa Uplands, and her intense curiosity about it.” She slides a folded letter across the desk.

Aya adds, “I fear for my friend. Go to Azlant Ridge and seek out Juliet Dias. If she has met danger, please assist her. If my fears prove true, and Juliet is injured or worse, please ensure that the Pathfinder archeologists under her supervision are safe and continuing their valuable work, and then bring Juliet back to me. I have a riverboat to Bloodcove ready to depart, and I’ll provide you directions from Bloodcove to Azlant Ridge. Although I ask that you hurry, it is important that you ask whatever questions you may have before departing.”

----

Some things you might know already:

Knowledge (history) DC 15:
Several millennia ago, the western Mwangi expanse was a contested battleground between the declining serpentfolk empire and the cyclopes of Ghol-Gan. Although the Azlanti were not generally allies of Ghol-Gan, they had the insidious serpentfolk as a common enemy.

Knowledge (history) DC 20:
The Ghol-Gan cyclopes were renowned astronomers and worshiped celestial bodies.

Knowledge (history) DC 25:
If the Azlant Ridge site is indeed 10,000 years old, as believed, then it would have been established just as the Ghol-Gan empire was slipping into its own decline, exhausted after long centuries of fighting the serpentfolk. The cyclopes would likely have welcomed Azlanti aid against their old enemies.

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

Giovanni Stellaluce wears a smart tweed coat and various jeweled rings. He wears small-frame glasses and adjusts them when the topic of maps and history are mentioned. Thank you for the briefing, I've spent time in the Mwangi expanse and speak Azlanti. Those ape-folk can be troublesome, yes. We will retrieve your agent and return post haste.

kn history: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Turning to the team. You probably know this is a tense region with quite the history of conflict between the serpentfolk empire, the cyclopese of Ghol-Gan and the Azlanti.

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

Ape men? Oooh! Oooh! What do they look like? You have to find out.

"We must focus on locating the lost researchers." Corona replies, somewhat tired. She continues her one sided conversation for a bit before she gets to relax.

The blue skinned woman is covered in tattoos and facial markings. "I am Corona Cel. Pleased to meet you all." She bows to you.

"This light sounds like it may be linked. I'll have to get closer to inspect it closely."

Dark Archive

M Dhampir Warpriest4 HP 7/31 AC:18/TC:12/FF:17 Perc +3 F +5 R +2 W +7 (+2 vs Disease/Mind-Affecting, -1 vs physical ability damage) CMB +9 CMD 21(51 vs Grapple) Spd 20ft Init +1 Fervor 1/5 Blessings: 3/5 Active Buffs: Bull's Strength

Smacking and slurping is accompanied by rivulets of juice flowing down a misshapen and jutting jaw. Wiping at the mess ineffectually with a gauntleted hand, sunken red eyes stare around the room from underneath greasy black hair. "Beastmen shall make a good hunt." The rasp of his voice is wet, reminiscent of sickness. "This Juliet, what kind of woman is she? No thrill seeker, so cautious? Not likely to risk herself in dangerous places? I know little of the Mwangi, no knowledge of the beasts that stalk there." He grasps the long handle of the scythe leaned against his chair with gnarled and knobby fingers, shifting his bulk and making the furniture creak under the weight of black enameled armor.

Cel Corona wrote:
The blue skinned woman is covered in tattoos and facial markings. "I am Corona Cel. Pleased to meet you all." She bows to you.

Inclining his head, a grim rictus of pulled back lips approximates a smile. "Tabris Nyx, soldier of the goddess."

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

"Oh. Good to see you."

Knowledge(Religion): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 - 2 = 8

He reeks of undeath. Don't you hate undead? He's kind of in the middle, straddling the line. I once knew of a vampire lord who mated with everyone man she could find. Most of her kids were then abandoned- she liked watching the kids turn against their caretakers and eventually come back to her. She never figured they would get strong enough to kill her though!

Corona shakes her head violently to get some peace and quiet. "I was going to ask you something. Something important... I'm sorry."

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

Apologies, I get ahead of myself. Baronet Giovanni Stellaluce, at your service. Giovanni takes out his kerchief and polishes his glasses, as he's wont to do.

Dark Archive

M Dhampir Warpriest4 HP 7/31 AC:18/TC:12/FF:17 Perc +3 F +5 R +2 W +7 (+2 vs Disease/Mind-Affecting, -1 vs physical ability damage) CMB +9 CMD 21(51 vs Grapple) Spd 20ft Init +1 Fervor 1/5 Blessings: 3/5 Active Buffs: Bull's Strength

"My parentage?" Tabris laughs, a thick, phlegmy cough. "He was vile, but my hunger is not the same as his." Selecting another plump fruit, he bites in with relish. "Well met, Baronet. Consider me at your disposal."

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

"N-no, not that..." Corona feels uncomfortable and takes a seat to clear her thoughts.

I'm sure if you hit him with inflict wounds a million times he become invincible! Try it out! I'm sure he'd love it- are you listening to me?

Silver Crusade

Male Ratfolk Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner/Gun Tank)/3 | AC 20, Touch 14, FF 17 | HP 28/28 | Perception +10 | Init +5 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +3

A ratfolk in the room strikes a sharp contrast to Tabris, being as he is in a shining, polished breastplate with his fur well groomed. He nibbles fruit in a deliberate manner in an effort to avoid the juice getting anywhere unnecessary, and has a kerchief on hand to clean himself when he's done.

Between bites he nods at the group, his leather face cover shifting as he does so. Goode. My name is Goode, with an "e." he introduces himself in a clipped manner, reaching out his hand in an offer for anyone who wants to shake it. You notice the fur on his hands I'd patchy and look to be covered in what appears to be burn scars. I've never been to this side of Garund, much more humid than I'm used to. Don't know much about Azlant or nothing like that, but if the ape-men are the same as the ones who attack Alkenstar, I know they're trouble. I'll do my best to keep you safe, he punctuates the last promise with a tap on his breastplate and a pat on the firearm at his hip.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Unchained Rogue / 5th | HP:36/36 | AC:22 T:15 FF:17 | CMB:5 CMD:20 | Saves F:+2 R:+9 W:+2 | Init:+7 | Per: +11

The half-Orc in the back shrugs at the end of the brief. "Don't know much 'bout history..."

To the others chosen for this mission, he nods and bows. "Dylph, at your service..."

The Exchange

Male CG Gnome Unchained Summoner 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Summon Monster 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active conditions:

A gnome wearing a brand new royal blue robe comes into the room. He has a purple handkerchief in his hand wiping away his sweat. At first it appears like his well groomed beard mustache is grey but on closer inspection, it is an extremely light blue. Nigel Flit the Third at your service! I have always hated this area, just too hot for this gnome. But when I saw Azlant, I couldn't pass this trip up.

Nigel sits through the briefing quietly. I have been to Bloodcove once. It was crawling with Aspis. Do we think they have a role in this issue?

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates
Tabris Nyx wrote:
"This Juliet, what kind of woman is she? No thrill seeker, so cautious? Not likely to risk herself in dangerous places? I know little of the Mwangi, no knowledge of the beasts that stalk there."

“The terrain between Bloodcove and Azlant Ridge is dense jungle, but the area around Azlant Ridge is mountainous and mostly above the jungle canopy. Creatures such as snakes and monkeys are common, including the violent charau-ka ape-men. There aren’t any communities nearby; Azlant Ridge is quite remote. As for Juliet herself, she is a dedicated and competent archaeologist. I've never known her to take needless or excessive risks, though she's not afraid of getting her hands dirty.”

Nigel Flit wrote:
Nigel sits through the briefing quietly. I have been to Bloodcove once. It was crawling with Aspis. Do we think they have a role in this issue?

“Unfortunately, it's very possible. As you said, the Aspis Consortium is in control of Bloodcove. It being the closest settlement to Azlant Ridge, they might be involved, so keep a watchful eye for their meddling.”

Silver Crusade

Male Ratfolk Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner/Gun Tank)/3 | AC 20, Touch 14, FF 17 | HP 28/28 | Perception +10 | Init +5 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +3

Goode looses what probably seems like a deep sigh to him, but comes out sort of high and short. Charau-ka. Lovely. he grumbles as he checks a pouch at his belt, seeming to count the contents and being displeased with the number he comes up with.

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

"I see. do they resist fire?"
Yeah yeah! FIRE!

Corona looks up and rejoins the conversation.

Silver Crusade

Male Ratfolk Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner/Gun Tank)/3 | AC 20, Touch 14, FF 17 | HP 28/28 | Perception +10 | Init +5 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +3

No, but there's a lot of them. And they're vicious little thieves, them and their gorilla king, Goode replies to the Samsaran, teeth bared in a sneer at the memory of them. They try to steal from the gunworks in Alkenstar far too often. Have to scare them off with the Maw of Rovagug.

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

Well then; Apsis, cyclopes, ape-men. This calls for the Society. Giovanni checks the rapier in his scabbard.

The Exchange

Male CG Gnome Unchained Summoner 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Summon Monster 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active conditions:

Yeah, this one seems to have everything! You called on the right crew! The gnome shouts excitably, before looking over his group for the first time.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Unchained Rogue / 5th | HP:36/36 | AC:22 T:15 FF:17 | CMB:5 CMD:20 | Saves F:+2 R:+9 W:+2 | Init:+7 | Per: +11

"The Aspis," Dylph spits out in disgust. "Dealt with those buggers before..."

Dark Archive

M Dhampir Warpriest4 HP 7/31 AC:18/TC:12/FF:17 Perc +3 F +5 R +2 W +7 (+2 vs Disease/Mind-Affecting, -1 vs physical ability damage) CMB +9 CMD 21(51 vs Grapple) Spd 20ft Init +1 Fervor 1/5 Blessings: 3/5 Active Buffs: Bull's Strength

"What resources are needed? The snakes are venomous, yes?" Running a pink tongue over his lips, Tabris ponders further. "And I should find magic to ease the burden of healing..."

First on the list for Tabris is a pallid crystal.

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

"How is the weather? Should I prepare myself for excessive heat?"

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

“Much of the terrain between here and Azlant Ridge is dense jungle, but the area around Azlant Ridge itself is mountainous and mostly above the jungle canopy. Once you get there, the weather should be fairly pleasant. There's plenty of wildlife around, yes, including venomous snakes, monkeys, all sorts of things."

Any other questions? You can do whatever shopping you'd like here in Nantambu before you head out.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

We can flash back to any more questions, but I want to get us moving on.

After an unpleasant but relatively uneventful journey through the jungle, you see highlands begin to rise above the canopy. Soon, your trail also begins to rise as a series of thin switchback trails climb ever higher out of the jungle. Near the top, a dilapidated camp comes into view. The camp is surrounded by a wooden palisade wall forming a semicircle that both starts and ends at an imposing cliff face looming hundreds of feet above the camp. A gatehouse towers over the palisade, guarding a wooden gate. Near this gate is a large gap of splintered wood, as though some enormous creature recently smashed its way through the wall.

”Um, that’s far enough!” a nervous voice calls out to you from the guard-tower. ”Who are you, and what do you want?” Looking up, you can see a scholarly half-elf with a very worried expression on his face.

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

Corona has enjoyed a relatively quiet trip. The voice in her head has calmed down, at least for a while.

"I can't wait to see that light. I wonder what's inside of it?"

At this point one of the guards yells at the party. Without missing a beat, Corona steps forward and raises her hands to show she's unarmed.

Burn him to a crisp! Shoot flames out!

"I am Corona. I come from the Pathfinder Society. We were sent here to look for Juliet Dias and make sure she is safe. Please, allow us entry."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 - 2 = 13

Dark Archive

M Dhampir Warpriest4 HP 7/31 AC:18/TC:12/FF:17 Perc +3 F +5 R +2 W +7 (+2 vs Disease/Mind-Affecting, -1 vs physical ability damage) CMB +9 CMD 21(51 vs Grapple) Spd 20ft Init +1 Fervor 1/5 Blessings: 3/5 Active Buffs: Bull's Strength

"We are reinforcements. You look in bad need of our assistance." Tabris growls as loudly as possible in confirmation.

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 Aww...

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

Are you ok, friend? You seem worried. We are here to help. Giovanni leans in empathetically.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

"Pathfinders? Oh, good. Hold on." The half-elf disappears from view, only to reappear when he unbolts the gate and pulls it open for you. "Come in." He quickly shuts the gate behind you, as if shutting out the world outside (never mind the large hole in the palisade not far away). "My name's Vadlin; I'm one of the researchers here. You should probably go check in with Happ Voltz, though. He's sort of in charge right now. I think he's over by those tents over there."

I've added a map of the camp for reference.

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

Giovanni nods, Thank you. Giovanni makes his way over to the tents, taking note of any other damage the settlement may have taken: structural damage, casualties, a measure of resources still stored.

We're looking for Happ Voltz. Anyone? Giovanni asks any passerby.

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

"Thank you sir." Corona passes through and keeps her eyes peeled for the glowing light.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

A round-faced, red-haired man looks up from a camp site where he is packing up an unused tent. Another half-dozen people are nearby, engaged in similar tasks. "I'm Happ. What can I do for you?"

Dark Archive

M Dhampir Warpriest4 HP 7/31 AC:18/TC:12/FF:17 Perc +3 F +5 R +2 W +7 (+2 vs Disease/Mind-Affecting, -1 vs physical ability damage) CMB +9 CMD 21(51 vs Grapple) Spd 20ft Init +1 Fervor 1/5 Blessings: 3/5 Active Buffs: Bull's Strength

"You can tell us of Juliet as well as what misfortune befell this camp." Tabris blinks a moment before adding, "Please."

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

"Greetings. My name is Corona, and I represent the Pathfinder Society." She bows. "We are looking for Juliet Dias. When did you last see her?"

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

”A few weeks ago, a steady white light appeared in the Terwa Uplands. Juliet Dias and six archeologists went to investigate. They haven’t returned, though the light appeared to be only a few days away. Meanwhile, those of us that remained here focused our research on the ivory sphere you see over there.” Happ points to the huge ivory sphere, excavated at the Western edge of the camp. ”Through careful study, we’ve determined that its glow doesn’t just indicate danger—it indicates powerful fiendish activity. When a fiend is near, the sphere activates an Azlanti monolith to seek and destroy the fiend. Of course, this made us quite worried about Juliet and the rest, but none of us are qualified to go trek up after her.”

"This place," Happ says, waving at the cliff-side, "is an arms repository, placed here by the ancient Azlanti. Huge cold iron golems are stored within as some sort of defense station. Six years ago, this camp was attacked by a horde of ape-men, led by an enormous four-armed gorilla. One of the Azlanti monoliths activated to defeat the gorilla champion and drive off the horde, with help from a team of Pathfinders. How exactly it was activated was a mystery, but the site's had only sporadic trouble with the ape-men since.

He nervously glances at the hole in the palisade. ”Two days ago, another of those monoliths activated, smashing its way through our camp and plodding off toward the light. Several of my people immediately fled for Bloodcove, but I’m not willing to just abandon this site so quickly. We’ve spent the last few days covering and preserving our dig, so that hopefully it can be reopened someday. We’re going to set out first thing tomorrow.”

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Unchained Rogue / 5th | HP:36/36 | AC:22 T:15 FF:17 | CMB:5 CMD:20 | Saves F:+2 R:+9 W:+2 | Init:+7 | Per: +11

Dylph nods. "Is this steady white light still visible?"

Silver Crusade

Male Ratfolk Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner/Gun Tank)/3 | AC 20, Touch 14, FF 17 | HP 28/28 | Perception +10 | Init +5 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +3

Makes sense that you wouldn't fix the wall, then, Goode comments as he looks back at the hole in the wall with a newfound appreciation for the destruction. Even if the light isn't still visible, something that big would have to leave a nice trail of damaged trees and big foot prints. Did the orb light up before the construct left?

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

Oh yeah, those big things. One of them tried punching me, so I turned into water, found a crack and froze, imploding it. It was fun!

Corona meditates, even as the silver bracelet irritates her skin. "We may be heading towards fiends, then. It's best to prepare ourselves."

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

"Yes, the light is still visible, though it's much more noticeable at night. The construct left after Juliet and her team went to go investigate the light."

Dark Archive

M Dhampir Warpriest4 HP 7/31 AC:18/TC:12/FF:17 Perc +3 F +5 R +2 W +7 (+2 vs Disease/Mind-Affecting, -1 vs physical ability damage) CMB +9 CMD 21(51 vs Grapple) Spd 20ft Init +1 Fervor 1/5 Blessings: 3/5 Active Buffs: Bull's Strength

"Juliet, she left before the great golem? Some two days gone?" A grumbling rumbling escapes the warrior as he considers. "This is too long for us to go and come back tonight. Your diggers, can they make the march back safely?"

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

"Juliet's been gone for closer to two weeks. The golem smashed out of here two days ago, which is what prompted us to prepare to leave. It's a dangerous journey, but it's dangerous to stay here, too. I hate to leave the dig site unprotected--we've only just scratched the surface--but I don't want to keep my people here if it's not safe, either. We've spent the last day or two trying to protect the site as best we can; hopefully some future team can come back and pick up where we left off, though I shudder to think what state the site will be in."

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

That's not a safe-sounding coincidence. We should get going. Do you have any cold iron around here? Giovanni looks over his gear.

Any shopping to be had here? Or are we too far along?

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

"Hm. I don't think we have anything like that around here. Juliet left some equipment in her tent, though. If you're heading up that way, you could--"

Voltz is interrupted by a screech and a crash as a pair of ape-men leap through the breach in the palisade, along with two howling primates! He and the other archaeologists all dive for hiding places, clearly not prepared for combat.

GM Screen:

Initiative:
Giovanni: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Corona: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Tabris: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Goode: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Nigel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Dylph: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Red Charau-ka: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Blue Charau-ka: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Green baboon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Purple baboon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

What are those ape-people?! Knowledge (local):
DC 12:
Spoiler:
These are Charau-ka, small humanoid creatures with the charau-ka subtype. They are known for their powerful shrieks and tendancy to fling things at their opponents with deadly accuracy.

For every 5 by which you beat the DC, you may ask another question.

What are those howling primates? Knowledge (nature):
DC 11:
Spoiler:
These are baboons, small animals.

For every 5 by which you beat the DC you may ask another question about baboons.

------

Initiative!

  • Giovanni
  • Nigel
  • Corona
  • Tabris
  • Goode
  • ?
  • Dylph
  • ?

    Giovanni, Nigel, Corona, Tabris, and Goode may act.

  • Sovereign Court

    Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

    kn local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
    Vulnerabilities, Resistances, and special attacks.
    kn nature: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

    Giovanni cuts over to flank the approaching enemies if they turn the corner. He draws his rapier and flings a glob of acid at one of the ape-men to open the encounter.

    acid splash ranged touch on RED: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
    damage vs flatfoot: 1d3 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + (4, 2) = 9

    Silver Crusade

    Male Ratfolk Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner/Gun Tank)/3 | AC 20, Touch 14, FF 17 | HP 28/28 | Perception +10 | Init +5 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +3

    Firearm flying into his hand at the sound of ape-screeches, Goode releases an angry, resigned sigh as he bolts towards the sound. I knew it... I knew they'd be here... damn ape-men... bloody screeching apes... he mumbles, taking position around the other end of the tents and looking for his first target.

    Double Move

    Dark Archive

    M Dhampir Warpriest4 HP 7/31 AC:18/TC:12/FF:17 Perc +3 F +5 R +2 W +7 (+2 vs Disease/Mind-Affecting, -1 vs physical ability damage) CMB +9 CMD 21(51 vs Grapple) Spd 20ft Init +1 Fervor 1/5 Blessings: 3/5 Active Buffs: Bull's Strength

    Tabris turns toward the noise, ponderous bulk gaining steady speed as he moves block the enemy's approach toward Cel. "COME THEN!" The yell is hoarse, a guttural bark as he grips the scythe tight.

    Readied Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
    Readied Damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (1, 3) + 6 = 10

    Move and ready to attack any of the monkeys that get in reach.

    Sovereign Court

    Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

    Yay, fire!
    "I agree." Corona admits and conjures a Flaming Sphere over one of the invaders.

    Reflex Save, DC 17 to negate 3d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 3) = 12 Fire damage.

    The Exchange

    Male CG Gnome Unchained Summoner 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Summon Monster 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active conditions:

    Monkeys? Something tells me a pit won't really slow them down... What do to do? The gnome moves to get in a better spot for the fight as he ponders what the best stratagy against the new enemy is.

    Double move

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates
    Giovanni Stellaluce wrote:

    kn local: 19 + 9 = 28

    Vulnerabilities, Resistances, and special attacks.

    No specific vulnerabilities or resistances. They are known for their frenzied shrieking, which can make them faster, and their ability to fling things at their enemies with deadly precision.

    ------

    Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

    Giovanni flings a glob of acid at the unsuspecting charau-ka, which Cel quickly follows with a burning sphere of fire that leaves the creature burned and unmoving on the ground (red is down). Goode and Nigel move forward into position, while Tabris takes a few steps forward and readies himself for battle.

    -----

    The remaining charau-ka's shrieks accelerate and intensify to a fever-pitch as it dashes forward in a blur toward Tabris. It's met by a vicious strike that leaves the creature bloodied but undaunted, as it swings its rough club at the dhampir.

    Club, Shrieking Frenzy: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 1 = 22
    Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

    The nearer baboon, meanwhile, also dashes into action, loping quickly toward Giovanni. Moving between layers of the dig site are difficult terrain, which makes this a double-move.

    -----

    Initiative!

  • Giovanni
  • Nigel
  • Corona
  • Tabris
  • Goode
  • Blue
  • Purple
  • Red
  • Dylph
  • Green

    Dylph may act.

  • Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Orc Unchained Rogue / 5th | HP:36/36 | AC:22 T:15 FF:17 | CMB:5 CMD:20 | Saves F:+2 R:+9 W:+2 | Init:+7 | Per: +11

    Dylph will move 25' NW drawing his bow as he does so and fires at the green baboon...

    Shortbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 14 (vs. flat-footed AC?)

    Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 + (3, 5) = 16

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Like a hunter stalking his prey, Dylph catches the slower baboon completely unaware, driving his arrow clean through the beast and dropping it lifeless to the ground.

    Initiative!

  • Giovanni
  • Nigel
  • Corona
  • Tabris
  • Goode
  • Blue
  • Purple
  • Red
  • Dylph
  • Green

    With that, the rest of the party is up. Giovanni, Nigel, Corona, Tabris, and Goode may act.

  • 1 to 50 of 425 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS]GM Dennis - #7-27 Beyond Azlant Ridge (low tier) All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.