[PFS]GM Dennis - #7-27 Beyond Azlant Ridge (low tier) (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Muldoon

Maps & Handouts


51 to 100 of 425 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

M Dhampir Warpriest4 HP 7/31 AC:18/TC:12/FF:17 Perc +3 F +5 R +2 W +7 (+2 vs Disease/Mind-Affecting, -1 vs physical ability damage) CMB +9 CMD 21(51 vs Grapple) Spd 20ft Init +1 Fervor 1/5 Blessings: 3/5 Active Buffs: Bull's Strength

Taking the club hard on the shoulder, Tabris growls in anger, swiping the scythe back at the ape man with reckless power. Missing, he opens his misshapen jaw wide and snaps back at the beastman, teeth closing on nothing.

Scythe on Blue: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Scythe Damage: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (1, 4) + 9 = 14
Bite on Blue: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Bite Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Power attacking, then stepping towards the rest of the party.

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

Giovanni will step forward on the ridge to give his compatriots some space. He does a firm plant of his far leg to give the primate the impression that he may dart off toward the ape-men but surprisingly turns to stab with the rapier.

bluff feint: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

rapier, high ground, vs denied DEX (purple): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 = 19
damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (5, 3) = 14

Silver Crusade

Male Ratfolk Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner/Gun Tank)/3 | AC 20, Touch 14, FF 17 | HP 28/28 | Perception +10 | Init +5 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +3

Goode's armor creaks and jangles as he runs over to the side of Tabris, his focus entirely on the hated charau-ka. Just before ramming into it, as it seemed he may have been intending with his charge, a shot rings out as Goode fires his pistol at the ape-man mere inches away from its body. The bullet finds its mark as fire laps from the muzzle of the gun, sending sparks dancing over the creatures fur as Goode braces for the incoming retaliation.

Firearm Shot: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 - 4 = 22
No precise shot yet, so penalty is for the enemy being in close combat.
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 plusFire: 1d6 ⇒ 3 and DC 13 reflex to avoid catching fire

Actions:

Move, Standard to shoot, 1 grit spent for Powder Burns deed, dealing an additional 1d6 fire damage and causing a chance of catching on fire. Charau-Ka may make an AOO against me.

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

Corona begins to direct the flaming sphere towards the baboon but the difficult terrain slows it down. Noticing the dhampir's injuries, Corona moves towards him.

"A moment, I will heal your injuries."

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

The wild baboon is easily fooled by Giovanni's feint, its eyes following the wrong hand as his rapier pierces the creature's heart. Purple down.

Goode runs up and fires point-blank against the remaining charau-ka, risking the foe's club to deal more damage.

AoO (Club), Shrieking Frenzy: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

He manages to dodge the counter-attack and fires, bathing the charau-ka in burning powder as the lead ball pierces its skin.

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

The blast leaves the charau-ka still standing (barely), but the fire persists. Wounded, on fire.

Nigel may act.

The Exchange

Male CG Gnome Unchained Summoner 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Summon Monster 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active conditions:

Seeing his allies drop all the enemies besides one, he decides to save resources and throw some acid at the burning monkey man.

Acid splash (touch ac): 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 4 = 12
-4 from shooting into melee
damage (acid): 1d3 ⇒ 2

Move action to move and standard to cast acid splash.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Nigel follows Goode's shot with a splash of acid which, combined with the burning gunpowder, finishes off the final charau-ka. Out of combat.

"Oh, I just knew that hole was going to be trouble!" Voltz exclaims, peering out from behind a tent.

Dark Archive

M Dhampir Warpriest4 HP 7/31 AC:18/TC:12/FF:17 Perc +3 F +5 R +2 W +7 (+2 vs Disease/Mind-Affecting, -1 vs physical ability damage) CMB +9 CMD 21(51 vs Grapple) Spd 20ft Init +1 Fervor 1/5 Blessings: 3/5 Active Buffs: Bull's Strength

"Then maybe it should be filled before more arrive." Tabris grumbles, rubbing at his bruised shoulder.

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

Patch it up as best you can, there is likely to be more pressure from the indigenous. We will follow the path of the monolith and look for Juliet and the other archaeologists. We should get going. Giovanni looks around to make sure the team is accounted for. Should we be along, then?

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

Bah, I wanted to burn more! Corona shakes the thought out of her head and dismisses the sphere.

"At least their attack is over for now." She turns to Tabris, pulls her wand of Cure Light Wounds and uses it to heal him.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Dark Archive

M Dhampir Warpriest4 HP 7/31 AC:18/TC:12/FF:17 Perc +3 F +5 R +2 W +7 (+2 vs Disease/Mind-Affecting, -1 vs physical ability damage) CMB +9 CMD 21(51 vs Grapple) Spd 20ft Init +1 Fervor 1/5 Blessings: 3/5 Active Buffs: Bull's Strength

The crystal strung around his neck flashes with black energy. Moving his arm, Tabris nods. "Much better." he says with a wide grin, the yellowed teeth crammed into too small a space.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

"I don't know. I think it would be safer for us to finish covering the site" he looks wistfully toward the opening in the cliff face "and head back to Nantambu tomorrow morning." He roots around inside one of the tents and emerges carrying a leather satchel. "Here, this belongs to Juliet. Would you take it with you? I'm sure she wouldn't mind you making use of it while you do." Inside is an unfinished report to Aya, as well as detailed notes on the direction of the light. Additionally, you find some mundane writing utensils along with a lens, which Voltz can explain is a lens of detection.

Lens of detection:
These circular prisms let their wearer detect minute details, gaining a +5 competence bonus on Perception checks. It also aids in tracking, adding a +5 competence bonus on Survival checks when tracking.

Head out immediately? Wait for morning? Anything else you want to do or say before heading out?

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

Giovanni is good to go. No other prep needed.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Unchained Rogue / 5th | HP:36/36 | AC:22 T:15 FF:17 | CMB:5 CMD:20 | Saves F:+2 R:+9 W:+2 | Init:+7 | Per: +11

Dylph eyes the lenses of detection. "I could put those to good use in scouting and tracking...could come in handy finding traps and hidden foes...if no one objects..."

No worries if someone else wants it...it'll boost my Perception to +14 and my Survival (Tracking) to +11 until the end of this session...

I'm good to go...

Silver Crusade

Male Ratfolk Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner/Gun Tank)/3 | AC 20, Touch 14, FF 17 | HP 28/28 | Perception +10 | Init +5 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +3

Once the shrieking has stopped and the group is recuperating, Goode opens up his pack and pulls out a set of tools wrapped in a leather case, setting to the work of cleaning his (still warm) pistol of the powder residue inside and around the barrel.

I don't care if you use the lenses, I'll help you track the old fashioned way, he answers Dylph as he checks the wheel-lock mechanism of the weapon to see that it's clear and oiled. Satisfied, he packs back up his gear as meticulously as he found it and stows it before putting back on his pack and simply saying ready.

Dark Archive

M Dhampir Warpriest4 HP 7/31 AC:18/TC:12/FF:17 Perc +3 F +5 R +2 W +7 (+2 vs Disease/Mind-Affecting, -1 vs physical ability damage) CMB +9 CMD 21(51 vs Grapple) Spd 20ft Init +1 Fervor 1/5 Blessings: 3/5 Active Buffs: Bull's Strength

"My blood has warmed. Let us go to find Juliet." Tabris agrees, shaking the blood from his scythe onto the corpse of one of the beastmen. "May the goddess keep you, Voltz."

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

"I have lost one spell for today, but my other resources are available. I am ready when you are."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Unchained Rogue / 5th | HP:36/36 | AC:22 T:15 FF:17 | CMB:5 CMD:20 | Saves F:+2 R:+9 W:+2 | Init:+7 | Per: +11

Dylph puts on the lenses and nods. "I guess we're ready to roll...I'll take point..."

With his bow ready, the rogue will check for the tracks of Juliet's party as well as the construct while keeping an eye out for danger...he'll try to conceal himself with what foliage and cover is available as he moves...

Survival/Tracking: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

The Exchange

Male CG Gnome Unchained Summoner 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Summon Monster 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active conditions:

Nigel looks relieved that the combat has ended so soon. I forgot to mention it sooner; I wasn't expecting trouble so soon, but The Exchange gave me this wand about a year ago, but I can't use it. If any of you have the ability to use it, please take advantage for the remainder of this job!

I have a wand of CLW with 30 charges. Anyone who can cast CLW may carry it and uses charges on anyone in the group.

I have a friend who is excellent at finding things. Give me one minute to call her here real quick. She will be happy to go for a walk. That being said, she hates fights so I dismiss her at the first sign of trouble. Please be nice too! Nigel eyes his group of misfits and realizes that his snake woman friend will not be the strangest person in the group.

With that, he begins the minute long summoning process to pull Christina from the realm's of his mind into to reality.

I am ready

The Exchange

Female CG Serpentine Eidolon 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 17 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

A snake woman appears after Nigel's long and complicated ritual. She has the face of an elf, but is covered in scales like a serpent. She has arms but no legs as she ends in a snake like tale. She wears a simple shirt to cover her top half and a bow and quiver on her back. Her scales are dark blue that matches Nigel's robe.

Helllllo there. The my name is Chisssstina. How are you all doing today? He snake like irises and pupils in her elf shaped eyes looks over the group she is traveling with. Thisssss lot makessss me feel ssssafe.

She can not fail to aid Dylph in his perception with her 17 bonus and will attempt to aid in survival. She also has scent if that is applicable to the situation.

Survival aid: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11success!

+2 to both survival and perception

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

Well, Nigel. You were holding out on us. We got the jump on those 4 but an extra bow at our backs would have been welcome. True, though, we did not have much time to prepare. Giovanni will also assist on the road for finding their way.

survival aid: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

"Wait, you're leaving now? But it's several days' journey! I'd feel much safer if you'd stay here tonight, then we can all set off in our separate directions in the morning." Leave now, or wait for morning? We can save your aid rolls and such, to use either way.

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

Lives hang in the balance, sir. I would just as soon leave now. What do you folks think? Giovanni turns to the team for opinions.

Silver Crusade

Male Ratfolk Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner/Gun Tank)/3 | AC 20, Touch 14, FF 17 | HP 28/28 | Perception +10 | Init +5 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +3

I don't think one night will change much at this point, Goode states, finding a place to set down his pack for the time being, and it wouldn't sit well with me if they got ambushed just cause we were in a rush. I vote to stay. Where there's one ape man, there are probably more.

The Exchange

Male CG Gnome Unchained Summoner 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Summon Monster 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active conditions:

Her bow is in case of emergency. Don't worry, if things get rough, I have more fearsome friends than her! She is just a good traveling companion and I have never seen someone so perceptive in my life.

While I do want to get on the road, we have already seen that this camp is a target. Maybe we should stay and protect them and head out in the morning. I couldn't imagine the weight on my mind if they all died overnight.

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

"Hello, Christina. I hope you are doing well." She bows. "Nigel is lucky to have a companion like you around."

What, and you don't like me? Maybe you could burn her!

She sighs. "I would like the opportunity to refresh my magic. I would prefer to stay."

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

Very well, seems we have a majority. Let's hunker down here and help the rebuilding efforts for what we can. Giovanni lowers his bag.

Dark Archive

M Dhampir Warpriest4 HP 7/31 AC:18/TC:12/FF:17 Perc +3 F +5 R +2 W +7 (+2 vs Disease/Mind-Affecting, -1 vs physical ability damage) CMB +9 CMD 21(51 vs Grapple) Spd 20ft Init +1 Fervor 1/5 Blessings: 3/5 Active Buffs: Bull's Strength

"We are stronger now with greater numbers. The beasts will think twice of attacking again." Leaning his scythe against the camp wall, Tabris moves to assist in fortifying the breach.

The Exchange

Male CG Gnome Unchained Summoner 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Summon Monster 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active conditions:

Nigel would like to take first watch with Christina still summoned. She is dismissed when he goes to sleep so if we get attacked after first watch, she will not be around.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

You spend an uneventful afternoon and evening repairing the breach and guarding the camp, and though you hear some suspicious hooting and screeching during the night, no threats arise to attack the camp. You awaken early, and Happ bids you a safe journey as he and the remaining researchers set out in the other direction, having covered the and sealed up the dig site as best they can.

The first morning of travel passes uneventfully as you trudge through the scrub-lands leading toward the light. Dylph is easily able to track the large, heavy footprints of the monolith, using the lens to verify that it followed roughly the same path as the humanoid prints. Around mid-afternoon, though, you come to a large rocky outcropping where the tracks are all but lost. I need two more rounds of survival checks, please.

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

Corona enjoys the walk. It gives her time to watch the sunrise and to enjoy its heat radiate upon her. Also that voice in her head keeps quiet, or at least agrees the fire is warm and inviting.

Upon reaching the end of the tracks, Corona offers to cast Guidance as needed to help her allies.

Survival(Aid): 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 2 = 18

Survival(Aid): 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 2 = 5

She actually manages to help a bit, despite the voice in her head screaming to look at the sun.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Unchained Rogue / 5th | HP:36/36 | AC:22 T:15 FF:17 | CMB:5 CMD:20 | Saves F:+2 R:+9 W:+2 | Init:+7 | Per: +11

Dylph frowns as the trail goes cold...and then begins to search for signs of the lost tracks...

Survival (Tracking): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Survival (Tracking): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

The Exchange

Female CG Serpentine Eidolon 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 17 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +17, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Survival aid: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 Success
Survival aid: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Success

Ugh what a waste of good rolls!

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

Giovanni spends more time reading than keeping track of the paths. The others seem to have it well in hand.

sruvival aid: 1d20 ⇒ 14
sruvival aid: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Dark Archive

M Dhampir Warpriest4 HP 7/31 AC:18/TC:12/FF:17 Perc +3 F +5 R +2 W +7 (+2 vs Disease/Mind-Affecting, -1 vs physical ability damage) CMB +9 CMD 21(51 vs Grapple) Spd 20ft Init +1 Fervor 1/5 Blessings: 3/5 Active Buffs: Bull's Strength

Tabris marches stoically through the rough terrain, keeping the grumbles of the exertion to himself despite his armor. After the camp is left far behind, at an opportune moment of pause while the bearing is checked, he pulls a pendant from a belt pouch. Touching the carving of a fly to his forehead, he loops the leather cord around his neck to let it hang against his breastplate.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

It takes only a moment's search to locate the tracks on the far side of the muddy patch as Dylph leads you forward. You camp for the evening, then set out once more, arriving at what must be your destination early the next day.

Atop a high hill choked with tough grasses stands an enormous vine-covered ruin of granite blocks. The upper levels of the ruin are collapsed, exposing a balcony upon which a shining ivory sphere is plainly visible. A narrow path between the tumbled blocks leads into the ruin. The sound of steady pounding, as of metal on stone, rings from deep within the structure.

As you ascend a series of switchbacks leading through the tumbled blocks and up into the ruins, you hear the grating of large scales over stone as a huge snake with five heads slithers out from behind a stone at the top of the hill! Beside it is a smaller, but still quite large, snake with deadly-looking fangs which rushes toward you down the hill!

GM Screen:

Initiative:
Giovanni: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Corona: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Tabris: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Goode: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Nigel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Christina: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Dylph: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Pretty Big snake: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Much Bigger snake w/many heads: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

So many heads! What is that thing? Knowledge (arcana):
DC 14:
Spoiler:
This is a hydra, a huge magical beast, known for its ability to regrow heads as fast as you can chop 'em off.

For every 5 by which you beat the DC you may ask for another piece of information about the hydra.

My, that’s a big snake. Good thing it only has one head. What is it? Knowledge (nature):
DC 11:
Spoiler:
This is a venemous snake, a medium animal with a poisonous bite.

For every 5 by which you beat the DC you may ask another question.

------

Iniiative!

  • Green
  • Giovanni
  • Dylph
  • Nigel
  • Red
  • Christina
  • Corona
  • Goode
  • Tabris

    Giovanni, Dylph, and Nigel (notice I rolled separate initiative for Christina) may act.

  • Sovereign Court

    Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

    kn arcana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
    kn nature: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

    That smaller snake is poisonous, be careful. We should focus our fire and take one of them out at a time. Giovanni approaches with rapier drawn. He pauses and looses a blob of acid.

    acid splash on Green: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
    damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

    Sovereign Court

    Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

    "Is that a..."
    Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 2 = 12
    Oh! Oh! Look at all the heads! Cool! Wanna know what it is? I'm sure you do!

    Mmmpf! Corona grunts. "I'm too distracted, sorry."

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Orc Unchained Rogue / 5th | HP:36/36 | AC:22 T:15 FF:17 | CMB:5 CMD:20 | Saves F:+2 R:+9 W:+2 | Init:+7 | Per: +11

    Dylph moves 20' south and fires at the green snake...

    Shortbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 28

    Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 8

    The Exchange

    Male CG Gnome Unchained Summoner 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Summon Monster 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active conditions:

    See the unexpected fight, Nigel quickly dismisses his traveling companion back to her home. He then moves forward a little bit... but not too close.

    Standard action to dismiss Christina and move action to move.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Giovanni and Dylph both land shots on the advancing snake, badly wounding the creature, while Nigel sends Christina to safety.

    The huge, multi-headed creature charges down the hill, pouncing on Giovanni and lashing out with all five heads!

    Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
    Ow!: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

    Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
    Ow!: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

    Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
    Ow!: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

    Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
    Ow!: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

    Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
    Ow!: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

    -----

    Iniiative!

  • Green -10hp
  • Giovanni
  • Dylph
  • Nigel
  • Red
  • Corona
  • Goode
  • Tabris

    Corona, Goode, and Tabris may act.

  • Dark Archive

    M Dhampir Warpriest4 HP 7/31 AC:18/TC:12/FF:17 Perc +3 F +5 R +2 W +7 (+2 vs Disease/Mind-Affecting, -1 vs physical ability damage) CMB +9 CMD 21(51 vs Grapple) Spd 20ft Init +1 Fervor 1/5 Blessings: 3/5 Active Buffs: Bull's Strength

    "Goddess, shield your servant from harm!" Tabris prays, the skull pattern of the fly symbol lighting up. Pale, sickly colors wrap around him as he moves forward to support Giovanni. "Fly, my pretty..." he mutters, almost under his breath as he swings the scythe. It whirls through the air on release, striking at the great beast before returning to Tabris' hands.

    Scythe on Hydra: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
    Scythe Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7

    Swift action Fervor for Shield of Faith, then move forward and attack with Hand of the Apprentice.

    Sovereign Court

    Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

    "Fire it is, then." Corona cast Flaming Sphere and a molten orb appears on the multiheaded snake. The intense heat burns it for 3d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 2) = 9 fire damage. Unless it makes a DC 17 Reflex Save, in which case it takes none.

    Corona draws her scimitar, just in case.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

    Tabris' scythe neatly slices into the multi-headed monstrosity, while Corona lights up the beast with a flaming ball of fire.

    Goode may act.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Ratfolk Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner/Gun Tank)/3 | AC 20, Touch 14, FF 17 | HP 28/28 | Perception +10 | Init +5 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +3

    Alarmed at the size of the beast, yet also not close enough to be as effective as he'd like, Goode begins moving as fast as his encumbered legs will carry him, stopping momentarily to take aim and fire at the giant, multi-headed snake creature, praying his shot finds its mark and immediately setting to reloading with a paper cartridge.

    Pistol Shot (outside of first range increment: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 - 2 = 24
    Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Goode's pellet strikes true, causing the beast to recoil a bit from its assault on Giovanni.

    The snake, badly wounded, quickly turns tail and slithers away.

    Initiative!

  • Green Badly wounded, fleeing
  • Giovanni
  • Dylph
  • Nigel
  • Red -21hp
  • Corona
  • Goode
  • Tabris

    Giovanni, Dylph, and Nigel may act.

  • Sovereign Court

    Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

    Giovanni looks back at the group and grits his teeth. They seem far. Can I hold my own for long? I guess I'll have to. Giovanni employs his sneakiest tactics for this battle. He zig-zags in the short distance to arrive at the base of the great beast trying to distract it.

    5ft move
    bluff to feint, move action: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
    rapier, combat expertise. AC 21: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
    damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Orc Unchained Rogue / 5th | HP:36/36 | AC:22 T:15 FF:17 | CMB:5 CMD:20 | Saves F:+2 R:+9 W:+2 | Init:+7 | Per: +11

    Dylph now fires twice at the hydra...

    Shortbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 13

    Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 7

    Shortbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 24

    Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 8

    The Exchange

    Male CG Gnome Unchained Summoner 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Summon Monster 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active conditions:

    Nigel moves closer to the monster again. Wow, these guys work quick!, He takes stock of the fight. Hmmm... the snake seems awfully hurt already. Better to go safe again... He conjures up a ball of acid before throwing it at the monster.

    Acid splash (touch): 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 4 = 12
    - 4 for shooting into melee
    damage (acid): 1d3 ⇒ 3

    Move action to move and standard action to cast acid splash

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    To be honest, I think that's the first time I've ever seen anyone actually use Combat Expertise.

    All five of the hydras heads follow Giovanni as he takes a quick jab step with his left foot, and all five are surprised when he then quickly steps to the right, lashing out with his rapier and just managing to pierce the creature's body. Dylph, meanwhile, fires twice at the beast connecting with his second arrow as Nigel burns it with a glob of acid.

    Though badly wounded, the creature's wounds seem to heal up a bit as it moves off the ball of fire and once again lashes out at Giovanni. It's first attack catches him by surprise, spinning him around and opening him up to head number five, which throws him to the ground, unconscious! By my count those two hit and are enough to drop you, Giovanni. Let me know if I missed something.

    Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
    Ow!: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

    Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
    Ow!: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

    Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
    Ow!: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

    Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
    Ow!: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

    Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
    Ow!: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

    -----

    Iniiative!

  • Snake Badly wounded, fleeing
  • Giovanni Unconscious, bleeding out.
  • Dylph
  • Nigel
  • Red Badly wounded.
  • Corona
  • Goode
  • Tabris

    Corona, Goode, and Tabris may act.

  • 51 to 100 of 425 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS]GM Dennis - #7-27 Beyond Azlant Ridge (low tier) All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.