DM Papa.DRB – Return of the Runelords (Inactive)

Game Master Papa-DRB

Return of the Runelords. Chapter 1


1 to 50 of 205 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 11d4 ⇒ 3

It is a warm spring day in Roderic's Cove, after a cool crisp morning. Being Market Day, most of the town is in the Circle(9) trading, selling and buying food and supplies. As a group, you enter the market and Halder Makrosh, a retired adventurer who runs the market greets each of you by name, and suggests that you might stop at two booths, Conrel’s General Store run by Varna Rigsten and the Cove Armory run by Lyndwyn Suvasa, as both have received some strange items that might be available at a slightly cheaper price to young adventurers just starting out as no one in Roderic's Cove seems to be interested.

Next?
Map Updated


Daily:
Storm Blast 6/day
NG Half-Elf Druid 5 HP: 31 AC:15 TAC:12 FF:13 Saves F: +5 R: +3 W: +8 CMB:+3 CMD:13 Init: +4 Per:+16, Low-light vision

"Thank you." I turn to the rest of the group. "I want to go by the armory. Anyone else?"


NG Female Human Witch 1 (HP 9/9 AC 12 T 12 F 10; Saves F +2 R +2 W +2; CMB +0 CMD 12; Init +6 Perc +0)
Spells Prepared:
L0 (at will): Detect Magic, Guidance, Light | L1: Mage Armor (1/1), Sleep (1/1)

"I don't have anything that I'm looking for, but it's always intriguing to see "strange items". I think I'll just tag along with you.


Male Dwarf Paladin 6 (HP 69/69 AC:20 T:11 F:20 Saves F:+10 R:+4 W:+8 CMB:+8 CMD:18 Init:+1 Perc: +8 Heal: +11)
Alustria wrote:
"I want to go by the armory. Anyone else?"

Furgus nods, I'll go with you, Alustria! he says as his thoughts turn to a new ax, shield or armor.

It is then that he realizes how light his coin purse feels. Perhaps I better not, I will most likely see things in there I can't afford at the moment. Perhaps the general store will have items more within my budget. Anyone want to go there and we'll all meet up after for a tankard of ale?

Unless of course the AP gods prefer we stay together....


Daily:
Storm Blast 6/day
NG Half-Elf Druid 5 HP: 31 AC:15 TAC:12 FF:13 Saves F: +5 R: +3 W: +8 CMB:+3 CMD:13 Init: +4 Per:+16, Low-light vision

"Did you need a few coins? I'm sure I have some to spare."


Male Dwarf Paladin 6 (HP 69/69 AC:20 T:11 F:20 Saves F:+10 R:+4 W:+8 CMB:+8 CMD:18 Init:+1 Perc: +8 Heal: +11)

Fergus pauses and you can tell he's considering it. He then smiles, Thanks Alustria but the lousy bargain hunting roll my Pappy told me never live beyond your means. Besides, I would like to get a holy symbol.


Skills:
Diplomacy +15, Disable Device +13, Perc. +18, Perform (Oratory) +15, Profession (librarian) +13, Sense Motive +1, Spellcraft +14, Stealth +10, Use Magic Device +15
Knowledge Skills:
Geography, Nobility +11, All Others +11
Bard (6) HP 53/53 | AC 17 TC 12 FF 16 | Init +7 | Percep +17, Motive +1 | 20ft Speed | +3 CMB | CMD 14, FF 13 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +7 (+8 v illusion); (+4 v magic traps, lang. dep., writing)| Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd: 3/3; 3rd 2/2 Performance: 11/15

"Ah, I don't mind looking at the armory, but I wonder if Varna has gotten in anything new at the General Store. I need a new quill, and I haven't picked up any fresh books for my stock in ages."


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine Tracker/Infiltrator) 4/Cleric 2/Vindicator 1 (HP: 62/62 | AC: 18 TC 12 FF 16 | Percept: +11(+14) Motive: +5| 30' speed | CMB: +10 | CMD: 22, FF: 20 | Fort: +10; Ref: +6; Will:+6)

Borgol nods at Holder's greeting, "Aye, a good day to you, too. Old Deadeye smile on you."

He holds his tongue as the rest of the group speaks, rubbing the back of his neck, finally shrugging, "I'm not really carrying much coin -- it's not been a good season for furs. Still, happy to tag along.. seems a good way to spend an afternoon... and no reason we can't go to both."


Daily:
Storm Blast 6/day
NG Half-Elf Druid 5 HP: 31 AC:15 TAC:12 FF:13 Saves F: +5 R: +3 W: +8 CMB:+3 CMD:13 Init: +4 Per:+16, Low-light vision

"Wonderful!" Alustria beams a big smile. "Then to see Lyndwyn first. We can grab something to eat at Varna's after."


NG Female Human Witch 1 (HP 9/9 AC 12 T 12 F 10; Saves F +2 R +2 W +2; CMB +0 CMD 12; Init +6 Perc +0)
Spells Prepared:
L0 (at will): Detect Magic, Guidance, Light | L1: Mage Armor (1/1), Sleep (1/1)

Mara perks up at the mention of food. "I don't really need anything from the market, and much like the rest I'm short on coin, but Varna's is always worth visiting for a bite."


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine Tracker/Infiltrator) 4/Cleric 2/Vindicator 1 (HP: 62/62 | AC: 18 TC 12 FF 16 | Percept: +11(+14) Motive: +5| 30' speed | CMB: +10 | CMD: 22, FF: 20 | Fort: +10; Ref: +6; Will:+6)

Borgol nods at the Druid's suggestion, "That sounds dangerously close to a good plan. I'm in."


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 91d4 ⇒ 2

Breaking up into two small groups, one going to the Cove Armory run by Lyndwyn, and the other going to the General Store run by Varna, you move into the Market Circle. Now the Circle, only being about 150 feet in diameter is small enough that you can see each other without straining so while in two groups, you are within shouting distance of each other.

You spend some time wheeling and dealing with the two proprietors over items, all the while hearing the local codger, Bimmer “Possum” Coots, in the background hawking his Possum Punch drink.

@All - Perception DC 15:
You overhear some of the conversation between two men at Possum stand. They’re commiserating over the loss of several friends who perished in the slaughter the previous week, and you also notice a crude patch on a bit of clothing bearing what appears to be a mouth with jagged fangs descending from it, on one of the men

@Anyone who made the above perception check: Knowledge (local) DC 10:
The symbol is for the Horned Fangs, a local gang

@Anyone who made the above perception check: Knowledge (arcana or history) DC 20:
The symbol is the Thassilonian rune of wrath

@All - Sense Motive DC 15:
You notice a group of five other
shady types winding their way through the crowd toward Possum’s cart, their expressions intent. None of them appear to be armed, but they certainly don’t look friendly.

You all know that the late night clash last week was between the Horned Fangs and the Order of Resplendence, and that six Horned Fang gang members were found dead at the scene.

Next?


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine Tracker/Infiltrator) 4/Cleric 2/Vindicator 1 (HP: 62/62 | AC: 18 TC 12 FF 16 | Percept: +11(+14) Motive: +5| 30' speed | CMB: +10 | CMD: 22, FF: 20 | Fort: +10; Ref: +6; Will:+6)

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Daily:
Storm Blast 6/day
NG Half-Elf Druid 5 HP: 31 AC:15 TAC:12 FF:13 Saves F: +5 R: +3 W: +8 CMB:+3 CMD:13 Init: +4 Per:+16, Low-light vision

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

If you made the checks, you gain the knowledge behind the spoiler and may act on it, ie. you both can look at the perception check spoiler and use the information as you see fit.


Daily:
Storm Blast 6/day
NG Half-Elf Druid 5 HP: 31 AC:15 TAC:12 FF:13 Saves F: +5 R: +3 W: +8 CMB:+3 CMD:13 Init: +4 Per:+16, Low-light vision

I avoid the speaking men, keeping my eyes open for any possible Order of Resplendence members that might start another fight.


Male Dwarf Paladin 6 (HP 69/69 AC:20 T:11 F:20 Saves F:+10 R:+4 W:+8 CMB:+8 CMD:18 Init:+1 Perc: +8 Heal: +11)

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Fergus notices the men approaching the cart and will head to the cart as well. Possum Punch...sounds..er..interesting. What's in it?


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine Tracker/Infiltrator) 4/Cleric 2/Vindicator 1 (HP: 62/62 | AC: 18 TC 12 FF 16 | Percept: +11(+14) Motive: +5| 30' speed | CMB: +10 | CMD: 22, FF: 20 | Fort: +10; Ref: +6; Will:+6)

Sorry about that. Was interrupted, didn't realize I'd pocket-posted

Knowledge (Untrained, Local): 1d20 ⇒ 15

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Borgol's eyes narrow and he whispers, "Sounds and looks like those two at Possum's stand are Horned Fangs, like the six they found dead last week.". Gangs.. I thought I got away from that madness when I was freed from Kaer Maga..


Skills:
Diplomacy +15, Disable Device +13, Perc. +18, Perform (Oratory) +15, Profession (librarian) +13, Sense Motive +1, Spellcraft +14, Stealth +10, Use Magic Device +15
Knowledge Skills:
Geography, Nobility +11, All Others +11
Bard (6) HP 53/53 | AC 17 TC 12 FF 16 | Init +7 | Percep +17, Motive +1 | 20ft Speed | +3 CMB | CMD 14, FF 13 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +7 (+8 v illusion); (+4 v magic traps, lang. dep., writing)| Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd: 3/3; 3rd 2/2 Performance: 11/15

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

"Bloodshed in Roderick's Cove--such a shame. Those boys probably just need a bit of a talking to to set them right."

Flik will try to head for a spot between the cart and the approaching thugs, and he'll try to strike up a conversation with them when they get close to him.


NG Female Human Witch 1 (HP 9/9 AC 12 T 12 F 10; Saves F +2 R +2 W +2; CMB +0 CMD 12; Init +6 Perc +0)
Spells Prepared:
L0 (at will): Detect Magic, Guidance, Light | L1: Mage Armor (1/1), Sleep (1/1)

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Mara wanders over towards the cart nonchalantly, stopping about 15 feet away and just watching the crowds, keeping an eye on the approaching group.

At a conference this weekend so might not be able to post until Monday


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

Initiative:

Alustria: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Borgol: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Fergus: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
Flik: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Mara: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Foe(s): 1d20 ⇒ 5
DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 71d4 ⇒ 3

Responding to Fergus query, Old Man "Possum" says "no laddie; t'is my secret recipe, and I won't be sharing it with anyone. It is good however."

Alustria and Borgol keep their eyes on the group approaching, while Flik and Mara move to intercept the new arrivals before they reach "Possum" table.

As the gang members approach, they look a bit nervous as Flik and Mara move towards them, but the biggest one in the front snarls, "out of our way. We have business here."

Next?

Everyone UP
Init (HP Cur/Max, AC)

Borgol 21 (12/12, 16)
Mara 15 (9/9, 12)
Alustria 14 (9/9, 15)
Fergus 12 (14/14, 14)
Flik 8 (10/10, 14)
Foe(s) 5


NG Female Human Witch 1 (HP 9/9 AC 12 T 12 F 10; Saves F +2 R +2 W +2; CMB +0 CMD 12; Init +6 Perc +0)
Spells Prepared:
L0 (at will): Detect Magic, Guidance, Light | L1: Mage Armor (1/1), Sleep (1/1)

Mara smiles sweetly at the group's leader. "I'm just people-watching hun. Don't you think crowds are fascinating? Go ahead about your business I'm not here to bother anyone."

She leans up against a cart, watching the people mill around.

Ready an action to use misfortune hex on the first thug to take a hostile physical action against anyone (target rolls all d20 twice and takes lower roll, 1 round duration, DC 14 will negates)


Male Dwarf Paladin 6 (HP 69/69 AC:20 T:11 F:20 Saves F:+10 R:+4 W:+8 CMB:+8 CMD:18 Init:+1 Perc: +8 Heal: +11)

Fergus tries to stall as the men approach. He will maneuver around the cart to where he is almost in the path of the men, but still keep an eye on them.

Say! How much did you say it was?


Daily:
Storm Blast 6/day
NG Half-Elf Druid 5 HP: 31 AC:15 TAC:12 FF:13 Saves F: +5 R: +3 W: +8 CMB:+3 CMD:13 Init: +4 Per:+16, Low-light vision

I hope this doesn't turn out like I think it's about to....

Alustria grips her holy symbol, preparing to invoke her magic if things turn violent.

Spell:
At the first sign of violence, she'll throw down Entangle if there is enough plant life to support it, Obscuring Mist if there isn't.


Skills:
Diplomacy +15, Disable Device +13, Perc. +18, Perform (Oratory) +15, Profession (librarian) +13, Sense Motive +1, Spellcraft +14, Stealth +10, Use Magic Device +15
Knowledge Skills:
Geography, Nobility +11, All Others +11
Bard (6) HP 53/53 | AC 17 TC 12 FF 16 | Init +7 | Percep +17, Motive +1 | 20ft Speed | +3 CMB | CMD 14, FF 13 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +7 (+8 v illusion); (+4 v magic traps, lang. dep., writing)| Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd: 3/3; 3rd 2/2 Performance: 11/15

Flik says to the approaching ruffian, kindly but firmly:

"Business or trouble? Because I think we both agree the former is better in the market than the later. If you've a private quarrel, there are better places to solve it than the public market."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine Tracker/Infiltrator) 4/Cleric 2/Vindicator 1 (HP: 62/62 | AC: 18 TC 12 FF 16 | Percept: +11(+14) Motive: +5| 30' speed | CMB: +10 | CMD: 22, FF: 20 | Fort: +10; Ref: +6; Will:+6)

Borgol pauses for a moment, a little taken back by the thug's tone. Finally, he shrugs and says, "We've all got business. It'll be your turn soon enough." He keeps his voice calm and even, even as he brings a hand down to his weapon belt.

Delaying to see what they do


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

I am having cataract surgery tomorrow, and from the instructions that they gave me, I really should not be using the computer for a few days, so I will not make another post till at least Friday, maybe Saturday.

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 51d4 ⇒ 2

Mara, Alustria and Borgol, although remaining calm, and prepare to intercede if something starts. Fergus asks old Possum how much the punch costs and moves slightly to be in the way. It is Flik that actually talks to the men, and while his diplomacy slows them down, one of the thugs hurls a threat at the Horned Fangs and Flik "us Roadkeepers were here first, and we’ll be here last!" and they continue to move towards you and the Horned Fang gang members.

As things are about to get interesting, an indistinct, hazy, glowing and transparent humanoid form viewed as if through a haze of murky water appears. In a booming voice that sounds like it’s gurgling out of the throat of a drowning man, the ghost cries out, "NO! MY COVE! NO!" and unleashes a frightful moan, before disappearing. The Roadkeepers all panic and run away, as well as many of the patrons in the area. Only old Possum seems to be able to withstand the moan.

@ALL:
DC 19 Will Save. Pass - No affect; Fail - Panicked and run away for 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5 rounds


NG Female Human Witch 1 (HP 9/9 AC 12 T 12 F 10; Saves F +2 R +2 W +2; CMB +0 CMD 12; Init +6 Perc +0)
Spells Prepared:
L0 (at will): Detect Magic, Guidance, Light | L1: Mage Armor (1/1), Sleep (1/1)

Will Save (M): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Will Save (W): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Mara seems shrinks into herself when the form appears, and as soon as she hears the moan she jumps, squeaks, and runs out of the circle with a weasel following at her heels.


Skills:
Diplomacy +15, Disable Device +13, Perc. +18, Perform (Oratory) +15, Profession (librarian) +13, Sense Motive +1, Spellcraft +14, Stealth +10, Use Magic Device +15
Knowledge Skills:
Geography, Nobility +11, All Others +11
Bard (6) HP 53/53 | AC 17 TC 12 FF 16 | Init +7 | Percep +17, Motive +1 | 20ft Speed | +3 CMB | CMD 14, FF 13 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +7 (+8 v illusion); (+4 v magic traps, lang. dep., writing)| Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd: 3/3; 3rd 2/2 Performance: 11/15

Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

"Gah! A spirit! Save me!"

Flik runs off between the market stalls.


Daily:
Storm Blast 6/day
NG Half-Elf Druid 5 HP: 31 AC:15 TAC:12 FF:13 Saves F: +5 R: +3 W: +8 CMB:+3 CMD:13 Init: +4 Per:+16, Low-light vision

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Alustria shrieks, diving behind several nearby barrels and cowering there.


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine Tracker/Infiltrator) 4/Cleric 2/Vindicator 1 (HP: 62/62 | AC: 18 TC 12 FF 16 | Percept: +11(+14) Motive: +5| 30' speed | CMB: +10 | CMD: 22, FF: 20 | Fort: +10; Ref: +6; Will:+6)

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Borgol feels the blood drain from his face and a tightness in his chest as the strange thing moans, panic driving reason away.


Male Dwarf Paladin 6 (HP 69/69 AC:20 T:11 F:20 Saves F:+10 R:+4 W:+8 CMB:+8 CMD:18 Init:+1 Perc: +8 Heal: +11)

Will Save DC19: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Fergus wanted to be brave. He really did. But the sight of the specter unnerved him so. He saw everyone else running away. No one would blame him! And run he did!


NG Female Human Witch 1 (HP 9/9 AC 12 T 12 F 10; Saves F +2 R +2 W +2; CMB +0 CMD 12; Init +6 Perc +0)
Spells Prepared:
L0 (at will): Detect Magic, Guidance, Light | L1: Mage Armor (1/1), Sleep (1/1)

Assuming 5 rounds of running randomly into the town have finished
Mara collects herself and starts back towards the market to try and figure out what happened.


Daily:
Storm Blast 6/day
NG Half-Elf Druid 5 HP: 31 AC:15 TAC:12 FF:13 Saves F: +5 R: +3 W: +8 CMB:+3 CMD:13 Init: +4 Per:+16, Low-light vision

Alustria's breath finally begins to slow, and she peeks out over the boxes and crates, her nose wrinkling at the smell of fish and pickles.

"Is it gone?"


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 121d4 ⇒ 2

After almost a minute, the panic you felt from the ghosts moan subsides and you return to the Possum Punch cart. Old Possum gives each of you a small mug of his punch, "thanks for standing up to those men."

Moments later, a morose looking elf walks up to the group, "friend Alustria. I am glad to see you here. I was over in another area of the Circle when I saw Sir Roderic ghost and saw everyone running. Please tell me what happened? Who are your friends?"

Audrahani picture link in spoiler at top of page


NG Female Human Witch 1 (HP 9/9 AC 12 T 12 F 10; Saves F +2 R +2 W +2; CMB +0 CMD 12; Init +6 Perc +0)
Spells Prepared:
L0 (at will): Detect Magic, Guidance, Light | L1: Mage Armor (1/1), Sleep (1/1)

Mara looks between Old Possum and the newly arrived elf. "That was Sir Roderic? I had heard rumors that his spirit has been affecting the town, especially the violence the other night [ooc]just found that in the Player's Guide :P but I hadn't really considered that anything other than crass superstition." She looks over at Possum "Thank you for the punch sir, I noticed that you did not seem either surprised or afraid at the apparition. Have you had previous experience with it?"

Suspicious that Possum might have had something to do with the "ghost", Mara will pay close attention to any response he gives.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Mara smiles at the elf and drinks her punch. "I am Mara, and you are?"


Daily:
Storm Blast 6/day
NG Half-Elf Druid 5 HP: 31 AC:15 TAC:12 FF:13 Saves F: +5 R: +3 W: +8 CMB:+3 CMD:13 Init: +4 Per:+16, Low-light vision

"Audrahni!" Alustria runs over, barely keeping herself from giving her cousin a hug. "It was terrifying. His spirit appeared and cried out. It sent everyone running."

She took another breath and took the mug from Old Possum. "Thanks. Like she said, this is Mara and her weasel. Over there is Fergus, Borgol, and Flik."


NG Female Human Witch 1 (HP 9/9 AC 12 T 12 F 10; Saves F +2 R +2 W +2; CMB +0 CMD 12; Init +6 Perc +0)
Spells Prepared:
L0 (at will): Detect Magic, Guidance, Light | L1: Mage Armor (1/1), Sleep (1/1)

Oh yeah, weasel's name is Nibbles. Forgot to mention that


Male Dwarf Paladin 6 (HP 69/69 AC:20 T:11 F:20 Saves F:+10 R:+4 W:+8 CMB:+8 CMD:18 Init:+1 Perc: +8 Heal: +11)

After a few moments the fear in Fergus subsides. His face feels warm as it turns a bright crimson. He walks towards the others embarrassed. Some hero I am! he thinks to himself. He murmurs a thanks to Possum for the drink. He hardly notices the elf approach the group until he hears his name mentioned. He whispers a Well met as he looks around for the ghost not sure if he wants the ghost to make another appearance or not.


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine Tracker/Infiltrator) 4/Cleric 2/Vindicator 1 (HP: 62/62 | AC: 18 TC 12 FF 16 | Percept: +11(+14) Motive: +5| 30' speed | CMB: +10 | CMD: 22, FF: 20 | Fort: +10; Ref: +6; Will:+6)

Borgol returns to the square, his heart no longer pounding out of his chest, confused as to what happened, By the Stag! What was that? . He looks for his companions, his smile sheepish as he rejoins them, "Well, that was unpleasant.."


Skills:
Diplomacy +15, Disable Device +13, Perc. +18, Perform (Oratory) +15, Profession (librarian) +13, Sense Motive +1, Spellcraft +14, Stealth +10, Use Magic Device +15
Knowledge Skills:
Geography, Nobility +11, All Others +11
Bard (6) HP 53/53 | AC 17 TC 12 FF 16 | Init +7 | Percep +17, Motive +1 | 20ft Speed | +3 CMB | CMD 14, FF 13 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +7 (+8 v illusion); (+4 v magic traps, lang. dep., writing)| Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd: 3/3; 3rd 2/2 Performance: 11/15

Flik takes a mental and emotional inventory as he returns to his companions.

"I don't know that I've ever felt so scared! Certainly, I've never seen anything so spooky in Roderick's Cove."

I'm not going to forget that for a while.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 21d4 ⇒ 4

Responding to Mara, Possum says "nay missy, I have not had experience with Sir Roderic or his ghost before. Why I was not affected by the moan is something to ask the gods for an answer. Was probably just my good luck that it didn't scare me."

Mara:
With that roll you would believe anything that he said! hehe!

Audrahani responds, "as my cousin Alustria says, I am Audrahani. I have been wandering Varisia for years, and settled in Roderic Cove about a year ago. I would like to buy you dinner at the Creekside Tavern and Inn this evening. There are a few concerns that I would like to discuss with you."

As Audrahani finishes speaking, five of the town guards show up, and after talking with Possum for a moment, come over to you, "we heard what happened, that old Sir Roderic ghost hisself was here. We also heard that you helped stop what could have been a bloody fight with the Roadkeepers and the Horned Fang gangs. We would like to thank you for your help."

Next?


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine Tracker/Infiltrator) 4/Cleric 2/Vindicator 1 (HP: 62/62 | AC: 18 TC 12 FF 16 | Percept: +11(+14) Motive: +5| 30' speed | CMB: +10 | CMD: 22, FF: 20 | Fort: +10; Ref: +6; Will:+6)

Borgol shrugs, "We just delayed the thugs long enough for Sir Roderic to handle it.... Which is for the best, because I still don't know how I could have stopped them without drawing steel."


Daily:
Storm Blast 6/day
NG Half-Elf Druid 5 HP: 31 AC:15 TAC:12 FF:13 Saves F: +5 R: +3 W: +8 CMB:+3 CMD:13 Init: +4 Per:+16, Low-light vision

Alustria smiles. "I'm sure that just drawing it would have forced them to back off. Most bullies are cowards."

Then she turns back to her cousin. "That sounds...exciting. And unusual. What's it about?"


Male Dwarf Paladin 6 (HP 69/69 AC:20 T:11 F:20 Saves F:+10 R:+4 W:+8 CMB:+8 CMD:18 Init:+1 Perc: +8 Heal: +11)

When Possum mentions that he was not affected, Fergus admires the man. Here he was supposed to be a warrior for Angradd and he is running away from ghosts when a simple drink-peddler is unfazed as if he experienced a passing storm cloud! He nods his acceptance at the invitation to dinner.


Skills:
Diplomacy +15, Disable Device +13, Perc. +18, Perform (Oratory) +15, Profession (librarian) +13, Sense Motive +1, Spellcraft +14, Stealth +10, Use Magic Device +15
Knowledge Skills:
Geography, Nobility +11, All Others +11
Bard (6) HP 53/53 | AC 17 TC 12 FF 16 | Init +7 | Percep +17, Motive +1 | 20ft Speed | +3 CMB | CMD 14, FF 13 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +7 (+8 v illusion); (+4 v magic traps, lang. dep., writing)| Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd: 3/3; 3rd 2/2 Performance: 11/15

To the guards, Flik says: "You're quite welcome. We can't be having brawling in the streets of our quiet town. Evidently Sir Roderick feels the same."

He's also happy to accept the dinner invitation.
"There's nothing like mortal terror to whet the appetite!"


NG Female Human Witch 1 (HP 9/9 AC 12 T 12 F 10; Saves F +2 R +2 W +2; CMB +0 CMD 12; Init +6 Perc +0)
Spells Prepared:
L0 (at will): Detect Magic, Guidance, Light | L1: Mage Armor (1/1), Sleep (1/1)

"It is good to meet you Audrahani. I would be glad to join you for dinner." Mara then turns to the guards. "I did not do much to help out here. I was prepared to help if needed, but that ended up not to be the case."

"No matter. I feel like I've had enough excitement for now. I'm going to check out the shops for now and relax a bit, and then I'll see you all at dinner?"


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine Tracker/Infiltrator) 4/Cleric 2/Vindicator 1 (HP: 62/62 | AC: 18 TC 12 FF 16 | Percept: +11(+14) Motive: +5| 30' speed | CMB: +10 | CMD: 22, FF: 20 | Fort: +10; Ref: +6; Will:+6)

Borgol offers, "I'll come with you, Mara... if you don't mind the company. Can't but think going off alone might not the best idea at the moment, and I really did want to get a look 'round."


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 141d4 ⇒ 1

Responding to Alustria; "it will be better to discuss this after a good meal this evening, and I have a few things to buy in the market before it closes for the day, cousin." With that Audrahani bids her farewell with a wave and a "dinner will be at the Creekside Tavern and Inn, right after the market closes at dusk."

Borgol and Mara head off to look thru the market.

Anyone doing something other than being at the market? Shall I move forward to dinner and the next encounter?

1 to 50 of 205 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Papa.DRB – Return of the Runelords – Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.