Wardove's Rumble in the Jungle

Game Master Laithoron

[ Links: Matrix | ToC | Wiki ]


2,101 to 2,150 of 11,113 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>

Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

The map is current and correct. Lureene moved up and found a pressure-plate in the floor in H24. She hopped over it to H25 to have a better look around, then returned so she could report to Alis. She's currently standing 10-ft behind Mal.

The reason I haven't ended round-by-round is because the party doesn't know if there's anyone else around or not. I didn't want to just drop everyone to being flat-footed without your consent. However, we can end combat so you can fix-up if you prefer.


I wasn't suggesting we stop round-for-round. Just letting you know my reasoning and how I'll be acting. I'll pause to heal up if the party wants me to... Mal just knows communication is gonna be difficult at best right now, and time has been of a premium, so he's mixing scouting with healing.

If we want to stop and heal up, let me know, and we can do that, guys. Good luck telling Mal that, though.


As Lureene is returning, Alis waves for her to get Mal's attention. When he looks over his shoulder, he sees Alis pointing at the healing wand and then at him. Evidently the princess doesn't want you choosing the early retirement plan...

Assuming Mal doesn't ignore her, Alis uses her action for Round 33 to heal him. She then glances behind at Priyya, and tips her head towards Mal.

M hp: 16 + 1d8 + 3 ⇒ 16 + (6) + 3 = 25/47


I'd suggest, we stick to rounds since we know bad-guys are around and no doubt expecting us. I say we stick close together and keep moving forward, jumping over the press-plate since I don't see that being anything but a trap. If Alis wants to analyse it - I have no problem with that. As we move, Priyya will convert spells to heal Mal, and/or use Lay on Hands. I'd like Mal up to full and Priyya close or full before we play with more baddies. Mike, can I get an HP count? I think L and A are full but maybe not and Priyya should be pretty close.

Priyya's next act - convert Hold Person to CMW and use on Mal...

Cure Moderate Wounds
RANGE: Touch
DURATION: Instant
EFFECT: Heal 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 1) + 3 = 12

Spell Fail <20: 1d100 ⇒ 33

... and she moves with the team...


Mal thanks the women again, adding his own leave healing to the mix. He does this on the move, while drawing out his axe... moving as quietly as possible.

CLW 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7.
Spell failure 20 1d100 ⇒ 67.


Lureene sees the group ready to proceed onwards and whispers to Alis, "I think we should have Grak fly ahead of us, to make sure we don't walk into trouble." She calls to Grak mentally, I am sorry, but could you fly ahead of us and make sure we are not walking into an ambush.

So our marching order is Mal, Priyya, Alis, Lureene, with Grak flying ahead?


Grak flys ahead of the group, but he does give his mistress an exasperated look as he flies above the group. This is the first time you all have ever seen a snake with such an expression before.

Stealth 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29


Round 33s & 34
Eric: It's going to take until round 36 before Grak can catch up to Mal. If Lureene wants Mal to hold up, she'll have to let him know. The rest of the party has already started moving forward.

Although she didn't need the well-meaning princess to encourage her, Priyya never-the-less obliges Alis, and sets to Healing Mal's injuries. Mal likewise catches his breath for a moment then casts a similar spell before retaking the lead. As you move forward, Alis recovers the wand the enemy caster employed as well as a scroll. She holds the wand for a moment, examining it.

"This might come in handy..." She looks up at Lureene and then hands it to her. "Magic missile."

When she sees Mal hop over the trap that Lureene had indicated, she hands Lureene the scroll as well, taps Priyya on the shoulder and slips past. She easily disables the pressure place with some shims from her pack. While she is doing so, Lureene is able to make out that it is a scroll of fireball that Alis' handed her. Unfortunately, in her distracted state, she fails to see Priyya (who seems equally distracted by Alis' handiwork), and bumps into her causing a bit more noise than Alis would have liked as the deafened warrior-priestess has to catch herself from falling.

Lureene:
You hear Grak sigh. He turns around after having just cleared the fog and then proceeds to fly back thru it again to where he just was a moment ago. Just as he clears it, however, you hear him say, Mistressss, there was a bloody man crawling thru the missst, moving toward the ssstairsss...

Mal:
As you enter the room, your nose picks up the smell of nearby humans, although there are none nearby that you can see. You're almost certain someone is waiting around the corner just ahead.

Rolls:
Alis' Spellcraft 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Disable Device 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Lureene's Spellcraft 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Perception Checks
Alis 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Grak 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Lureene 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Malandraenas 14 + 11 = 25 previous
Priyya 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19

Stealth Checks
Alis 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Grak 17 + 12 = 29 previous roll
Lureene 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Malandraenas 14 + 11 = 25 previous roll
Priyya 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

A hp: 20 = 20/22
L hp: 26 = 26/33
M hp: 25 + 12 + 7 = 44/47
P hp: 30 = 30/31

Next Up: Mal & Lureene, ???; Alis, Priyya
MAP: Dunwaar Streets, (Round 34)


Mal holds up his hand for a halt, pointing at his nose. He then begins edging forward quietly, one step at a time, hoping to be able to turn the ambush on it's head for once.

Stealth forward one slow square at a time. 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31.


Lureene mentally tells Grak, Leave him, and return to us as quickly as you can.

She whispers to Alis, "Looks like one of our prisoners woke up. I think he has had enough." She notices Mal gestures, and correctly guesses his meaning. She then hefts the newly acquired wand and waits for the others to advance...

Delay until after Priyya.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Mal hugs the left hand wall and spies the lady card dealer, who ran away when you busted into the 'church'. She is cowering fearfully in the left-hand hallway. In her shaking hands, she clutches a single dagger, although he can tell that by the way she's holding it she has no idea what to do in a fight. She doesn't yet seem to see Mal...

What are you going to do?

MAP: Dunwaar Streets, (Round 34b)


Mal steps around the corner, motioning for the others to follow, he approaches the young woman and puts his finger to his lips and showing her his palm in a hopefully placating motion. He moves forward just far enough to make sure the woman isn't the only person in this hallway, using his nose if possible to alert him of others.

Continue sneaking to F-22. 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13.
I'll try to nonverbally placate the woman.
If I still can't see what's down the womans hall, Mal will continue another square or two forward, trying to see what's down there without being seen.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Mal's Diplomacy DC 23 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8

Upon seeing Mal, the woman's eyes go wide. She drops the dagger, screams in terror and tries to run away. Mal gets an AoO and can also take a standard action if he wants or save it pending anything he wants to attempt with an AoO.

MAP: Dunwaar Streets, (Round 34c)


AS much fun as it is killing potentialy innocent women...

Damnit! Fool woman will get me killed!

Mal lashes out with his foot, hoping to trip her up and keep her from running off an telling everyone where they are.

Trip attempt 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13. Provokes an AoO from her... but she dropped her knife.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

The woman falls to the ground and screams out, "Nodon'tkillme!"

What else is Mal doing with the standard action he has remaining?


"Ssshhhhh, woman!" Mal says, intentionally low, knowing that if he's not careful his voice will carry. "I'm not gonna hurt you, but this place could get dangerous fast!" He says as he reaches out to help "escort" her back to safety.

Grapple 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

The woman tries to beat against Mal's chest with her fists, but to no avail. Mal has no trouble picking up and holding onto the squirming woman. Both now are considered grappled.

Next Up: Lureene, ???; Alis, Priyya
MAP: Dunwaar Streets, (Round 34d)


Lureene hears the confrontation between Mal and the woman, but she barely acknowledges it. Her attention is completely focused behind the group, where she knows the rest of the gang members have barricaded themselves. Her instincts scream at her, It’s a trap!. She grips her wand tightly, and readies to activate it should an enemy appear behind the group.

Ready action to activate wand of Magic Missiles on the first enemy to appear in her vision. Since L has no idea what CL the wand is, I will hold off rolling damage for it.

EDIT: Roger it is a CL 5 wand.
Damage 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4, 3) + 3 = 11


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

It'll be 3 missiles: 3d4+3 if you combine them into a single target.


Male Human Fighter 4

Although Mal cannot hear it, a voice behind Mal says, "Well sh1t man, I kin unnerstan why ya'd wanna give 'er a squeeze, but she's arready spoken for. *hic* Buh me!"

The unseen man aims a vicious stab for Mal's kidney's but the attack is deflected by his armor.

"Whut the? Damn, I gotta lay offa tha sauce..." He waves to the struggling woman with the dagger in his other hand and calls out, "Hang in there, sweetie, tryin' ta aim for the one in the middle here..."

Rolls:

Perception Checks
Alis 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Malandraenas 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 10 - 4 = 7 deafened
Priyya 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Jarvis
Stealth 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 14 - 4 = 24 drunk
Dagger 1d20 + 7 - 4 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 4 + 4 + 4 = 15 drunk, Mal is grappled, surprise attack talent (Mal is FF to Jarvis due to surprise)
LMAO, poor Jarvis, this just isn't his day...

Next Up: Alis, Priyya, Mal, Lureene, Enemies
MAP: Dunwaar Streets, (Round 34DD)


Alis feels a tightness in her chest as if her number has just come up. Putting the thought aside, she regards the attempts of the drunken rogue stab Mal in the back with one eyebrow raised.

Action will be posted after lunch. Feel free to enjoy the comedy in the meanwhile.


That is one revealing map.


Male Human Fighter 4

Well so much for the whole bait & switch I guess...

Alis is about to come to Mal's defense when suddenly, she hears a chorus of screaming coming from across the room to the east!

"Jarvis needs help, let's get 'em!"
"Nobody busts this place up but us!"
"Ain't no other gang musclin' in on our turf!"
"Tar Dogs forever!"
"Hold up you idiots, HEY! Gods so much for an ambush..."

She tilts her head to the side as at least a half-dozen gang members aged 15 to 30 come pouring out of another passageway from the south.


"Hey El," Alis remarks dryly, her voice a whisper. "I don't suppose you'd have another Web spell handy, would you...?"

With that, she tosses her cloak aside and leaps to her bodyguard's defense. With uncanny precision, she tumbles between the two men and slashes the drunken gang leader across the chest with her rapier.

"HEY! That's my guy you're poking there!"

Rolls:
Alis' Acrobatics 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 2 = 33 agile defense
No AoO for Jarvis

Alis' Rapier 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 2 = 18 flank
dmg 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + (5) = 12 sneak attack

Next Up: Priyya,
Theme: Showdown with the Tar Dogs
MAP: Dunwaar Streets, (Round 35)


Male Human Fighter 4

Jarvis' eyes go wide at the blur that flashes past him and he gives a shout of surprise at the injury he takes. As he attempts to shake off his stupor, he looks at Alis with surprise and says, "Damn sweetie, I know you said there was a hot old lady with a great rack kicking everyone's ass but... DAAAAMN!"

As Jarvis regards the apparent GMILF with a combination of admiration and surprise, his girlfriend looks up at Mal with a frown and says, "Promise me you won't kill him?" She glares around his shoulder at Jarvis and says, "Don't 'sweetie' me, I'm going to kick his ass after this is all over..."


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Obviously that should read: "Don't 'sweetie' me, I'm going to kick your ass after this is all over..."

Next Up: Priyya, Mal, Lureene, Enemies; Alis


Priyya runs forward (G26) and strikes at the brigand flanking Alis.

Standard Act - Single Hit + POWER ATTACK (SCIMITAR crit: 18+):
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 1 + 2 = 15 base, power attack, flank
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 3 = 12 base, power attack


Mal lets go of the girl, eyeing the man who attempted to stab him, "Big mistake, pal!" he digs deep once again, excitedly anticipating the embrace of the animal he just experienced, but instead pulls only a portion. Damn... guess i'll have to learn more about that particular ability. Seeing the wave of humanity pouring around their corner, he decides to try for a defensive position, attempting to dive past those closest.

Totemic Transformation (3 attacks) - lasts 10 rounds.
Tumble to F-29. 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 vs. CMD of those threatening.


At least my AC is back up to 23.


Male Human Fighter 4

Priyya moves forward and swings at Jarvis, but he leans just in the nick of time for her sword to cut a notch in his hat.

"Wow fellah," he says to Mal, unaware of the fact that the warrior can't hear him, "you sure travel with some lookers! How 'bout you set mah Trisa down now an' we kin kill each other like gentlemen. Ya know, without involvin' the ladies?"

Mal wrote:
"Big mistake, pal!

"Well, not like you coulda known she wuz mah girl, Ah guess..."

When Mal lets go of Trisa, he nods appreciatively and then takes a swing as Mal practically falls on his face trying to evade him. Jarvis himself very nearly hits one of his own men while swatting at Mal. "Oh damn man, Trisa, you didn't knee him in the jewels, did ya?"

Rolls:

Jarvis' AoO 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 2 = 6 intoxicated

F28 AoO 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
E29 AoO 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Next Up: Lureene, Enemies; Alis, Priyya, Mal
MAP: Dunwaar Streets, (Round 35b)


Lureene thinks, Yeah, I think a web spell would be ideal here..too bad Mal would be caught in it as well. Oh well..I can't take away all of his fun. She moves up behind Priyya, and looks at the far end of the cavern, picking her spot, and lets fly a different spell.

Move action: Move to G25.
Standard action, cast Sleep, centered in E32, or E31 if she cannot see it.
Will Save DC 14, affect 4 HD of creatures
Perform check DC 11 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
ASF 5% 1d100 ⇒ 49


L - At the right moment, like when we see this full rabble of Tar Dogs, you might consider heating up that Fireball scroll. And watch where you drop that sucker! You already webbed Mal, once. ;P


Male Human Fighter 4

The pimple-faced teenage punks to either side of one of the gang-leaders you remember facing during the ambush the other night drop to the ground, put to sleep by Lureene's spell. Behind her, Grak finally manages to catch up and she feels something thump into her back and feels a shock like ice in her system. A split second later, Grak cries out in pain.

Turning around, she sees the two marksmen from earlier. One busy reloading the crossbow whose bolt just poisoned her the other getting ready to make another attack on Grak with his swortsword!

Rolls:
Will DC 14
E30 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
F31 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
F32 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

Perception Checks (distracted by battle)
Alis 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (13) + 11 - 5 = 19
Grak 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Lureene 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 5 = 22
Malandraenas 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 11 - 5 = 24
Priyya 1d20 + 18 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 18 - 5 = 17

S1 1d20 + 6 + 3 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 3 + 5 = 19 distance, door
S2 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
S3 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

H22 crossbow 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 = 22 point-blank
dmg 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (6) = 8 sneak attack
Poison Fort DC 17 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

H23 shortsword 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
dmg 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (4) = 7 sneak attack
Poison Fort DC 17 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13

A hp: 20 - 0 = 20/22
G hp: 16 - 7 = 9/33 DR2
   1-pt Str drain
L hp: 26 - 8 + 2 = 20/33 DR2
   1-pt Str drain
M hp: 44 - 0 = 44/47
P hp: 30 - 0 = 30/31

MAP: Dunwaar Streets, (Round 35c)

More bad guy attacks to come...


Male Human Fighter 4

"Trisa sweetie," Jarvis says, "why don't you go on up an' make sure Gerrold's arright. Gods know that fellah kin fight an' looks like we might needs some help."

"You're such an ass, Jarvis!" she says. As she runs down the hall, she calls out, "Don't you get killed before I get back, you bastard!"

Jarvis smiles and tips his head to Alis and Priyya before attempting to tumble away. Priyya's scimitar, still heavy in her hand, is too slow, but Alis' rapier jabs the drunkard in the rear rather hard.

"HEY NOW!" he shouts, rubbing his tush as he rolls back to his feet near where his lover was just standing. "I don't believe in hitting ladies, or the elderly, but if'n ya ain't gunna act like ladies, then I'm gunna hafta git rough!"

With that, he pops the top on a potion and downs it in one shot. "Oooh thaaat clears the old noggin!"

"HEY BOYS!" he shouts to the men. "Everybody pile in, there's more space over this way!"

Rolls:
Jarvis' Acro 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 - 2 = 19 intoxicated

AoOs
A 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 = 20 flank
dmg 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + (2) = 9 sneak attack
P 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11

MAP: Dunwaar Streets, (Round 35d)

Few more still...


Male Human Fighter 4

Yet more men pile into the room. Those surrounding Mal, each take a step to the side so that everyone can pile in around him. While he is able to duck and weave between the majority of the blows, the bat-wielding thug to his left cracks him right across the back of the head so hard that he very nearly blacks out. The marksman due east of him takes advantage of the moment and buries a poisoned shaft deep in his chest. Mal can feel even his mighty legs weaken from the vile stuff as he coughs up blood.

Rolls:
E29 Thug 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 1 = 24 power attack
E30 Lead 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9 flank
E31 Mark 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 = 25 point-blank
F28 Thug 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 18 flank
F30 Punk 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 2 = 14 flank
F31 Mark 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9 point-blank

E29 crit? 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 yes
E31 crit? 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6 no

E29 dmg 2d8 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 8) + 8 + 6 = 25 power attack
E31 dmg 2d8 ⇒ (5, 8) = 13

Poison Fort DC 17 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

A hp: 20 - 0 = 20/22
L hp: 9 - 0 = 9/16
L hp: 20 - 0 = 20/33
M hp: 44 - 25 - 13 = 6/47
   1-pt Str drain
P hp: 30 - 0 = 30/31

Next Up: Alis, Priyya, Mal, Lureene, Enemies
MAP: Dunwaar Streets, (Round 36)


Jarvis wrote:
"Trisa sweetie, why don't you go on up an' make sure Gerrold's arright. Gods know that fellah kin fight an' looks like we might needs some help."

Sense Motive 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

What the hell? Lureene said these guys captured him!

Pacify DC 19 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16 full-round action

Alis holds up her hands, releasing her grip on her sword and shouts, "Jarvis, did you just say that Gerrold was helping you fight?! We're his friends! We thought you guys kidnapped him! This is all a big mistake!"


Male Human Fighter 4

Jarvis looks at Alis like she's grown a second head. "Look lady, I know I said I was drunk, but I ain't stupid! That's the biggest crock o' horse sh1t I think I've ever heard!"

Next Up: Priyya, Mal, Lureene, Enemies; Alis
No changes to map.


Priyya does a healing blast, selectively eliminating their obviously injured opponents.

Healing: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10

Priyya can omit five people. The guys behind Lureene, Jarvis, and any of the obviously hurt guys around Mal.

Priyya then moves up to carve a way out for Mal.

Move to F27 to provide a flank for Mal.

She looks at Alis incredulously since she can't hear her words. Is she surrendering?! "Dammit, Lisa, what are you doing? These bastards have Gerrold! If they won't give him up - we kill them all. It's that simple."


Diplomacy Priyya 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 AA on Alis

With Jarvis and the two men behind Lureen being the only obviously injured enemies, Priyya has little trouble healing her friends without aiding the enemy any. At Priyya's words, Alis puts the palm of her left hand to her forehead. Of all the times to be deaf...

At Priyya's words, Jarvis hesitates a moment, considering what he's just heard.

Lureene:
Missstresss! That man with the hat, he and massster Felmor were the ones who fought together againssst the men from the tavern. He carried Felmor on hisss shouldersss after he wasss hit in the head. He'sss the one I followed...

Next Up: Mal, Lureene, Enemies; Alis, Priyya
MAP: Dunwaar Streets, (Round 36b)


Priyya gives Lureene a hard look but can't, for the life of her, remember her cover name. She bellows like a warrior, "Get your ass over here, snowflake and bring your pet! We get separated - we die. We stick together - THEY die."


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Ben:
Quoth the Eric: "hey let Ben know that I want to post before his actions, thanks"


Waiting for Lureene to post - per the spoiler.


I will assume Mal delays until after Lureene then.

Lureene hears the overly loud yell from Priyya, telling her to make a stand here, she glares at those marksmen who had hurt her and is about to loose her wand in retaliation, when Grak communicates with her mantally. Her face sets in determination, and she move towards Priyya, G26. Grak flies above her F26, Acro to avoid AoO 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Once she has moved, she calls out in a clear voice, "Jarvis, we know you are the one who assisted Gerrold when he was assaulted. My pet here, " she indicates Grak, "saw everything. All we want is Gerrold. Return him to us and you can avoid further bloodshed."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 1 = 26 trait


Um, Mal can't hear you and he's just been beat to bloody crap... I'm not sure he would know to not go crazy on these guys.


Mal's mind submerges into the beast within once again... becoming a blur of tooth and claw, fighting for survival.

SEnse Motive (to see if I can understand Lureene's motives; DC ?) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
On all these rolls, add +2 if flanking. I'm starting with the guy we are flanking then attacking the guy with the hood in E-30. If he also drops and i have an attack left over, go for the guy in E-29.
.
Bite 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 - 2 - 1 = 13, Power Attack, STR drain.
- damage 1d4 + 5 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 4 - 1 = 10, Power Attack, STR drain.
Claw 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 2 - 1 = 22, Power Attack, STR drain.
- damage 1d4 + 5 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 4 - 1 = 9, Power Attack, STR drain.
Claw 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 2 - 1 = 26, Power Attack, STR drain.
- damage 1d4 + 5 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 - 1 = 11, Power Attack, STR drain.

Crit Confirm 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 2 - 1 = 18, Power Attack, STR drain.
- damage 1d4 + 11 + 5 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 5 + 4 - 1 = 23, Power Attack, STR drain.

Once the attack is finished, 5'step to F-28.


Male Human Fighter 4

Her limbs starting to feel heavy, Ellie the Brunette Babe (codename Snowflake), moves around the corner to confront Jarvis, he wings still concealed by the cloak Alis gave her. When the man sees Grak laboring along behind her, a look of recognition dawns on his face. Looking past her when he hears a great deal of shouting, Jarvis leans to the side and raises an eyebrow as Mal knocks out an enforcer with a brutal back-hand before taking sending one of his lieutenants flying from a savage uppercut.

"Son of a–" Jarvis gently moves Lureene back out of the way and waves his hands, daggers suddenly missing. "OY! Back off there boys before that man kills erry last one o' ya! Errybody just calm the fu<k down! Looks like mebbe we had a bit of a misunnerstanding here!"

At Jarvis' word, the man standing next to Mal take an apprehensive step backwards. The two men following Lureene run into the room and stop, weapons lowered but still clearly on edge. The men on the eastern side of the room look at each other with questioning expressions on their faces wondering what's going on.

Meanwhile, even as Lureene and Mal manage to fight off any further effects from the poison (thanks in no small part to the injuries having been closed by Priyya's healing), Grak's body feels heavier and heavier.

Rolls:
Poison Saves
G 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
   dmg 1d2 ⇒ 2 Str
L 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 safe
M 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 safe

A hp: 20 + 10 = 30/22
G hp: 6 + 10 = 16/16 Str 5
L hp: 20 + 10 = 30/33 Str 10
M hp: 6 + 10 = 16/47 Str 19
P hp: 30 + 10 = 40/31 Str 15

MAP: Dunwaar Streets, (Round 36C)


'Lisa' puts her left hand on 'Sarah's' sword arm indicating she should stay her blade. She then looks at 'Andre', holds her right hand palm down and lowers it from chest high towards the ground meaning he can take it down a notch.

"You'll have to forgive my nurse, Sarah, and my nephew-in-law, Andre," Lisa begins, "Their ears are still ringing from the thunderstone your man in the church tower hit them with."

Jarvis nods twice, left hand cupping his chin and brow furrowed as he listens intently.

"My husband, Gerrold, said he had heard about some new... business opportunities he wanted to enterprise on here. Given all the fighting that's been going on, we got a bit worried when Ellie's pet there said he got cold-conked and carried off."

She gives 'Ellie' a sidelong glance like daggers and continues, "Mind you, my dear niece is better known for her looks than her brains. She neglected to convey that you and my husband were fighting alongside one another rather than fighting with one another."

Lureene gives a nervous laugh and scratches the back of her head. When her Aunt Lisa gives her an elbow in the side, the two give him slow curtsy that shows off a good bit of cleavage. "Thanks for getting my hubby out of a scrape. I'd have had to kick his rear if he'd gotten his fool self killed..."

Behind Jarvis, Grak is beginning to wheeze and finally lands on the floor.

Rolls:

Grak's Poison Fort DC 17 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
   dmg 1d2 ⇒ 2 Str

Alis' Bluff 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 13 + 1 + 4 = 37 seductive, AA from Lureene
Jarvis' SM 1d20 + 11 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 5 = 33 hard to believe
Lureene's Bluff 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 1 = 24 seductive

Grak: Str 3


Male Human Fighter 4

Jarvis tries to be respectful and avert his eyes, but that's quite a lot to ask. He wipes his forehead with the sleeve of his shirt and exhales hard. "Whew! Well I guess good looks must run in your family, Miss..."


"Lisa," she smiles and makes a point of futzing with Lureene's hair in a matronly fashion. "Dear, you're all disheveled..."


Male Human Fighter 4

"Miss Lisa. Well I gotta say, that Gerrold is a lucky man. I hope my Trisa looks even half as good as you in– uh– well... damn, where is she?"

Jarvis turns around to look at the hallway behind him and sees little Grak laying on the ground looking, head resting on a rock, tongue lolling out of his mouth and wings splayed out over the ground.

"Oh damn, did yer little buddy get stuck? Real sorry about that..."

He reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out a small vial of white liquid, hands it to Lureene, and steps out of her way. "That ought stop it. Might take a few days for him to get back to feelin' right though..."

Rolls:
Grak Poison Fort DC 17 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
   dmg 1d2 ⇒ 1 Str

Grak: Str 2

2,101 to 2,150 of 11,113 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP] Wardove's Rumble in the Jungle All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.