VikingIrishman's Hell's Vengeance (Inactive)

Game Master VikingIrishman

The Hell’s Vengeance Adventure Path begins when the Hellknight Order of the Godclaw reveals that its members have found Heart’s Edge, the legendary sword once wielded by the goddess Iomedae. A group of Iomedaean knights calling themselves the Glorious Reclamation, upset that a Hellknight order held an important relic of their faith, raided the Hellknights’ fortress, Citadel Dinyar, and reclaimed the divine weapon. And rather than stopping there, they set their sights on overthrowing the diabolical Thrice-Damned House of Thrune! It is your job to stop them.

Map


51 to 100 of 155 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Eliselda, describe your aria to me. What's your vocal range?

Puppy Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Oh, that poor puppy. Your stink eye sticks hard. So 3 rounds of -2 attack for the terrier, plus I'm gonna ad hoc a penalty to further saves from your Evil Eye because of the nat 1.

The terrier yelps as Kali works her magick.

Meanwhile, the halfling drops his sling and unsheathes his trident. Even in the flickering light you can see that the weapon is exceptionally well cared for. He grabs it in an underarm grip and thrusts at the dog's chest.

Trident Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Trident Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The thrust goes wide, but he uses the momentum to push past the dog.

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (19) - 4 = 15

Dog AoO: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The dog bites at the halfling as he passes, but its teeth snap shut on nothing but air.

The terrier growls and bites at Gavin again.

Bite: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 - 2 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

It succeeds at getting a quick bite at Gavin's front leg, drawing a small amount of blood.

The larger dog steps forward and aims another bite at the halfling.

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

The bite finds purchase against the halfling's armor, but is nevertheless ineffective. Frustrated, the dog lets out an angry bark.

Louislik, meanwhile, steps back into the counting room cursing the while.

Cimri runs up next to the door, kukri now in hand, and readies to bury the kukri in Louislik as soon as he steps back out the door.

Gavin, having been bitten, bleats threateningly and brings his head down for another attack against the terrier.

Gore: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

The little dog skips out of the way.

Torgueila, Mary, Kali, Youthere, Eliselda. Do your thing.

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 3

Updated Initiative/Damage Tracker
Kali
Youthere
Eliselda (8 Damage)
Terrier (3 Damage)
Dog (3 Damage)
Louslik (5 Damage)
Cimri
Gavin (2 Damage)
Torgueila
Mary


HP: 10/10 (5 NL) Spells Cast: */2 Init +2, AC/T/FF 15/10/15 | F+1 R+2 W+2 | Perception +0

Mary moves along the palisade and uses her free action to speak when she gets to the point 5ft north of where she currently is. She spins her scythe around and laughs wildly, before striking a valiant pose.

"When injustice needs assistance... The qlippoth call upon the powers of a one-woman apocalypse!" She jumps off of the palisade to the ground.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Falling Damage(nonlethal): 1d6 ⇒ 5

Mary lands a bit hard, but rises from her knees and slams her scythe into the ground bladefirst.

"Good? Bad? I'm the girl with the scythe!" She roundhouse kicks the handle, freeing the blade and letting her swiftly run her fingers across its edge as she catches it. "Friend to enemies, and enemy to anyone who pisses me off!"

She twirls the scythe dramatically, pirouetting in place before posing with it over her shoulder and her free hand in a 'come and get me' reach.

"Abyssal Magical Girl Hardgore Mary has arrived! Don't tell your friends... or I'll kill you♥"

With her introduction suitably introducted, she wastes no time in flinging out her arm and summoning up a fair bit of arcane power.

"Give me fuel, unholy fire, give me that which I desire!"

Her arms contort and stretch to a freakish length, letting her threaten much more ground than before.

All that to say move: Walk over and hop down, Swift: Arcane strike, Standard: Long arm. Yep.


Male Tiefling HP-10/10 - Alchemist 1 -Initiative +4 - AC/FF/T 15/13/12- F-3 R-4 W-0 Perception-0

Torgueila blankly stares at the woman's entrance. What is this some bad Tien-sha theater play!? Regardless there are bigger issues. Torgueila shakes his head as he withdraws a little round bomb from his coat pocket. He smiles as he begins to.....Dance?

Dance as I move for funsies: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

It seems.....odd and not very good....but he seems to be having fun....maybe its less he is dancing bad and just looks bad dancing who knows? regardless he flicks the bomb into his other hand, flips it in the air then snatches it with his right hand and tosses it at the dog Gavin is fighting. Specifically the square behind it.

Boom bomb plz hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Damage equals minimum roll plus bonuses for splash. SO 1 plus 3 from int, 1 from PBS (IF that is applied) +1 from being inspired (If that is applied to splash. All tol that is 6 damage to doggo.

AT LEAST HITTING A SQUARE IS A DC 5! SO! Torgueila is going to move past the doggo to the opposite side of the door Cimri is on....if the dog is alive take a bite out of me. Also I hate this game and its rolls!


BP: 2/7 | Spells cast: 1/0 | HP 2/10 | Init +5 | AC/T/FF 16/11/15 | F+1 R+3 W+2 | Perception +4

GM, I...don't know enough about music to answer that question. Let's say she's vocalizing the tune to Call Me Maybe.

Eliselda almost chokes on her own voice when this..."Hardgore Mary"... suddenly appears, absolutely baffled by the dramatic interruption.

(We can only have so many drama queens in one party, Mary, quit butting in on my territory.)

But she is still kind of dying, and everything is mess, so what else can she do but keep singing? Nothing. The answer is nothing. Singing it is.

Inspire Courage continues. +1s for everyone. ALSO I'm placing my bard in defense mode, which Trin tells me is +4 AC, woo.


Female Tiefling HP 8/8 | Moon Witch 1 | Init +6 | AC/FF/T 12/10/12 | F:1 R:2 W:3 | Perc (Kali:4) (Umb:13)

Another turn, another ugly look at a poor pupper, the yelping one specifically.
That poor doggo is gonna get hit with an AC Evil Eye!

Kali looks over at the newcomer, her body shaking silently at first as she stares at this Mary until a giggle is heard, then more. And more...

In fact, it's kind of creepy... almost like a Cackle!


I love your choice of song. I'm gonna assume Eliselda is a Soubrette, which makes sense for a younger, less experienced vocalist. Music nerding complete. ^_^

Torgueila's bomb detonates behind the terrier (For 5 damage. PBS doesn't apply to splash damage.) and the poor thing drops to the ground with a whimper.

Torgueila:
As you pass by the open door, you can see Louislik reloading his crossbow.

With the smaller dog now clearly out of the fight, Kali works her magic on the dog still standing.

Evil Eye Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

The dog shakes its head violently, shrugging off the full effect, but still taking the -2 AC for 1 round. Kali's cackling extends that to two rounds.

The halfling draws back with his trident again, thrusting at the now weakened dog.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

Even with Kali's hex in place and Eliselda's uplifting voice, the thrust misses its target. The halfling curses in an unfamiliar language and moves to block any further bolts from finding their way into his mistress.

The dog lashes out as the halfling moves away.

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 171d20 ⇒ 51d20 ⇒ 6

Its teeth glance off of the halfling's armor. Not to be dissuaded, the dog charges on the halfling's heels, biting again at the armored thing.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

The dog finally finds purchase and attempts to drag the halfling to the ground, the better to savage him.

Trip: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Luckily, the halfling braces himself as the bite comes in and the dog just can't find the leverage to throw him to the ground.

Meanwhile, a sharp twang erupts from the counting house and a second bolt flies toward Eliselda.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 4 = 22
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 7

Oh no...

Critical Confirmation: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 4 = 3

Phew

Even with the halfling attempting to spoil his aim Louislik's bolt finds its home in Eliselda, catching her in the shoulder. Eliselda drops to the ground bleeding, her song cut short mid-note. Louslik laughs victoriously and slams the door to the counting room.

Cimri moves over and throws her weight against the door.

Strength Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

She manages to force it open just before the bar falls into place. She sneers and spits at Louislik, brandishing her kukri menacingly.

Gavin Steadyhooves, seeing his opponent vanquished with explosive fire, turns his attention to the other dog. He capers over, leaping through the air to land a headbutt against the hound.

Gore: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 25
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

His horns find their mark and the dog howls in pain as they dig into its flesh.

Okay, Mary, Torgueila, Kali, Youthere, Eliselda are up. Eliselda, you're going to need to make a stabilization check seeing as you're at -5 HP. Jabral Louislik is apparently out for your blood. =/

Updated Initiative/Damage Tracker
Kali
Youthere (4 Damage)
Eliselda (15 Damage, Unconscious)
Terrier (8 Damage, Unconscious)
Dog (5 Damage)
Louslik (5 Damage)
Cimri
Gavin (2 Damage)
Torgueila
Mary


HP: 10/10 (5 NL) Spells Cast: */2 Init +2, AC/T/FF 15/10/15 | F+1 R+2 W+2 | Perception +0

Mary moves quickly, hopping her way into the fray of combat on her stiletto boots (how do you even move in combat in those? Magical girl magic!!) to save a downed comrade.

After a brief magical fingerswipe down the blade to power it up, her scythe flashes in the night as she cuts at the dog.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

It does not accomplish much. She's still very new at this.


Male Tiefling HP-10/10 - Alchemist 1 -Initiative +4 - AC/FF/T 15/13/12- F-3 R-4 W-0 Perception-0

Torgueila can't help but chuckle as the bard falls down. On one hand, she isn't helping anymore, on the other? It was funny. He does a little jig as he mixes his new bomb.

Jig: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

Now for the toss. Torgueila leans over mid dance and hucks the bomb right at the guy.

Boom Boom: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Oh god I think I actually hit him! I mean I doubt this dudes touch A.C. is 13! (If it's 13 I'm gonna ducking cry.) Also if the bard has lingering performance I guess add an extra +1 to attack and damage. Anyway gonna roll for damage In case this hit.

Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


BP: 2/7 | Spells cast: 1/0 | HP 2/10 | Init +5 | AC/T/FF 16/11/15 | F+1 R+3 W+2 | Perception +4

Stabilize: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (10) - 4 = 6

Eliselda fails to recover from the blow, and continues to lie on the ground bleeding. The player begins to prepare a backup character sheet.


Female Tiefling HP 8/8 | Moon Witch 1 | Init +6 | AC/FF/T 12/10/12 | F:1 R:2 W:3 | Perc (Kali:4) (Umb:13)

Once Kali is over her fit of the giggles, she finally notices what's happened to the bard, and starts to haul ass in her direction.


Louislik is caught off guard by the dancing of a man he can only partially see and doesn't notice the bomb until it's too late. It catches him in the hip and Louislik screams as it detonates. He's clearly wounded, but still standing with malice in his eyes.

Whilst Cimri and Torgueila are dealing with Louislik, the halfling brings his trident to bear yet again.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Critical Confirmation: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5

It would figure I'd Nat 20 into a Nat 1 twice in a single combat. -_-

The halfling's trident finally finds its mark, skewering the dog through the chest. The dog yelps in pain as the halfling jerks the trident out of its body and lunges forward in a desperate attempt to escape certain death.

Youthere AoO: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9
Gavin AoO: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 2 = 12
Mary AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Gavin Gore: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Mary Scythe: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 4 = 8

The dog manages to take a single step before being gored buy Gavin Steadyhooves, but it's Hardgore Mary's scythe that does the real work, biting into the dog's neck until striking bone. The dog falls to the ground.

Meanwhile, Louslik takes a step toward his desk and hurls a small stone at the floor in front of Cimri.

Throwin' A Thing: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

It lands at her feet and cracks, releasing a deafening roar.

Cimri Fortitude: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Torgueila will need to make a Fort save as well.

Cimri shakes her head as her ears ring realizing that her hearing is, at least for the nonce, completely f+$+ed. She rushes in and swings at Louislik with her kukri.

Cimri Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Cimri Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Louislik slips just out of her reach.

Outside, Gavin capers in delight, bleating out his success.

Okie dokie. Torgueila, Mary, Kali, Youthere, Eliselda. Need a DC 15 Fort save from Torgueila against being deafened, and another stabilization roll from Eliselda.

Updated Initiative/Damage Tracker
Kali
Youthere (4 Damage)
Eliselda (16 Damage, Unconscious)
Terrier (8 Damage, Unconscious)
Dog (24 Damage, Unconscious)
Louslik (15 Damage)
Cimri
Gavin (2 Damage)
Torgueila
Mary


HP: 10/10 (5 NL) Spells Cast: */2 Init +2, AC/T/FF 15/10/15 | F+1 R+2 W+2 | Perception +0

Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Mary backs away, her hearing still working just fine for the moment. When she gets within 10 feet of the downed bard, she snakes an arm around and touches her.

"In the name of all things that break, I sunder these wounds!"

Infernal Healing. Instead of making that stabilize check, how about automatically gaining 1 HP each round for a minute?


Male Tiefling HP-10/10 - Alchemist 1 -Initiative +4 - AC/FF/T 15/13/12- F-3 R-4 W-0 Perception-0

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10Godamnit

Well Torgueila Is Deaf for a bit. He is gonna run and attack with a claw. (not a charge so just basic rolls for now.)

1 claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

I give up....


BP: 2/7 | Spells cast: 1/0 | HP 2/10 | Init +5 | AC/T/FF 16/11/15 | F+1 R+3 W+2 | Perception +4

Elise stabilizes and ticks up to -5 HP. Also, Mary? Gross. Keep your weird long arms to yourself.


Female Tiefling HP 8/8 | Moon Witch 1 | Init +6 | AC/FF/T 12/10/12 | F:1 R:2 W:3 | Perc (Kali:4) (Umb:13)

Now that Eliselda is taken care of, Kali moves her sights to the building to the north and runs towards the window to look inside, and glare at the occupant.

You know in horror games when you turn your back and suddenly a ghost is grinning manically at you? That's happening now. So it's Evil Eye: AC!


GM Rolls:
1d20 + 4 - 11 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 11 = -6

The majority of the threat having been dealt with, the halfing rushes to his mistress' side. He tips a small vial into her mouth, taking care to not drown her in it.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

The potion does what it's supposed to do, and Eliselda is once again conscious.

Louislik is in a more precarious position. He rips Cimri's dagger from his shoulder Dude, you should have done that awhile ago... and hurls it at Torgueila, spitting curses as he does.

Dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage: 1d4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 - 1 = 3

The pain in his shoulder spoils his aim. Cimri steps forward with her kukri, looking to end this drawn-out encounter.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

To no avail. Being deaf is apparently more disorienting than she expected.

Gavin continues to prance about, now examining the courtyard.

Torgueila, Mary, Kali, Youthere, Eliselda.

Updated Initiative/Damage Tracker
Kali
Youthere (4 Damage)
Eliselda (9 Damage)
Terrier (8 Damage, Unconscious)
Dog (25 Damage, Unconscious)
Louslik (15 Damage)
Cimri
Gavin (2 Damage)
Torgueila
Mary


HP: 10/10 (5 NL) Spells Cast: */2 Init +2, AC/T/FF 15/10/15 | F+1 R+2 W+2 | Perception +0

Mary steps through the door and goes for a threatening pose with her scythe to scare the bejeezus out of their remaining mark.

Demoralize

Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Male Tiefling HP-10/10 - Alchemist 1 -Initiative +4 - AC/FF/T 15/13/12- F-3 R-4 W-0 Perception-0

Torgueila cracks his neck and flicks his wrist and produces....ANOTHER DAGGER! And chucks it at the dude.

Please god hit this bastard.: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Yeeeeeup.


Female Tiefling HP 8/8 | Moon Witch 1 | Init +6 | AC/FF/T 12/10/12 | F:1 R:2 W:3 | Perc (Kali:4) (Umb:13)

Kali continues to be a weirdo, giggling.
More Evil Eye and Cackle? More Evil Eye and Cackle. This time, attack rolls!


BP: 2/7 | Spells cast: 1/0 | HP 2/10 | Init +5 | AC/T/FF 16/11/15 | F+1 R+3 W+2 | Perception +4

Eliselda begins to stir with a groan, squinting around the yard blearily...only to jolt upright in panic as the sounds of continued battle reach her ears. She winces in pain at the sudden movement, but a quick survey of the scene has her pushing to her feet anyway, shoving roughly past the halfling.

"Wh- what are you all doing?!" In other words, WHY ISN'T THAT GUY DEAD YET. HE SHOT ME.

She stumbles forward as quick as she can, digging somewhat blindly in her pouch. Component, component, where's the damn component for- aha! Daze! Make a Will save, Louislik- and please, PLEASE, for the love of god, fail it.


Evil Eye Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Daze Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

The halfling, having tended to his mistress, steps over and ensures the demise of the dog.

Coup de Grace: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 3) + 2 = 9

Meanwhile, Louislik stares, mouth agape, at Eliselda and a single whispered word escapes his lips. What a shame that the only people in the room with him are currently deaf.

Cimri takes the opportunity to swing her kukri at Louislik.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The blade finds purchase in Louislik's side, blood soaking into the cloth of his shirt.

OMG, we might be almost done with this combat. Torgueila, Mary, Kali, Youthere, Eliselda.

Updated Initiative/Damage Tracker
Kali
Youthere (4 Damage)
Eliselda (8 Damage)
Terrier (8 Damage, Unconscious)
Dog (34 Damage, Dead)
Louslik (18 Damage)
Cimri
Gavin (2 Damage)
Torgueila
Mary


HP: 10/10 (5 NL) Spells Cast: */2 Init +2, AC/T/FF 15/10/15 | F+1 R+2 W+2 | Perception +0

Mary bounds her way over to the enemy, and runs her hand along the blade of her scythe.

"Be tempered to smash through all who would oppose you. Die, die, DIE!!!"

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Damage: 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 3) + 5 = 9

Hey, wait... Mary was in the room and not deaf! Though she was all the way at the door so idk.


Shush, you. I had forgotten that Mary was there.

Whisper:
"Thrune..."

Mary's scythe once again does its job, biting into Loislik's clavicle. The man drops to the ground.

END OF COMBAT!!!


HP: 10/10 (5 NL) Spells Cast: */2 Init +2, AC/T/FF 15/10/15 | F+1 R+2 W+2 | Perception +0

With one last flourish, Mary shoulders her scythe and laughs.

"Ahh, the rush of combat! It feels like it's been ages. I take it that darkness has triumphed once more?"


Male Tiefling HP-10/10 - Alchemist 1 -Initiative +4 - AC/FF/T 15/13/12- F-3 R-4 W-0 Perception-0

Torgueila smiles and steps back as the scyth finds its mark. (mostly attempting to avoid the bloodspray, a mostly vain attempt as It were.)

Now having droplets of bloodnl scattered on his coat he grunts in dissaproval. Also the being deaf thing still sucks, though he thinks his hearing may be returning? Maybe? Or.maybe that's the tinnitus.

"All right, weird noodle child, great job. I need a minute for my ears to work right." He walks over to Crimri and grunts, giving her a look that says "why do I help you?" Before searching the area around this room.

I figure this is a office of some kind, So I'm searching the office.


BP: 2/7 | Spells cast: 1/0 | HP 2/10 | Init +5 | AC/T/FF 16/11/15 | F+1 R+3 W+2 | Perception +4

"Why was there a dog?!?"

Eliselda, being somewhat dead for part of the fight, doesn't realize that most of the people in this room can't hear her.

Eliselda also probably doesn't care.


HP: 10/10 (5 NL) Spells Cast: */2 Init +2, AC/T/FF 15/10/15 | F+1 R+2 W+2 | Perception +0

"Why?! That's obvious!"

Mary points at the... Thrune? Interesting, but not her problem.

"Dogs are many things. Slips can ride them, and they bark at would-be thieves. Moreover, they've been said since ancient times to manage to deal with faceless, nameless swarms of ill-wishers."

She swings her scythe forward to point it at Eliselda.

"Unfortunately!"

"Ill wishers no longer are nameless or faceless! She's been given form by the one who sunders the planes from their very core! Her name is Hardgore Mary, and you look upon the face of undying hatred!"

With one final flourishing slash, the scythe returns to her shoulder.

"No dog can stand before the sundering wrath of my blade!"


BP: 2/7 | Spells cast: 1/0 | HP 2/10 | Init +5 | AC/T/FF 16/11/15 | F+1 R+3 W+2 | Perception +4

".........and who in Asmodeus' name is this???"

She gestures helplessly at Mary's...all of her.


HP: 10/10 (5 NL) Spells Cast: */2 Init +2, AC/T/FF 15/10/15 | F+1 R+2 W+2 | Perception +0

"Abyssal Magical Girl, Hardgore Mary!"


Female Tiefling HP 8/8 | Moon Witch 1 | Init +6 | AC/FF/T 12/10/12 | F:1 R:2 W:3 | Perc (Kali:4) (Umb:13)

By now, Kali has sauntered over to the door, smiling just a little less creepily. Let's say it's Evil Eye: Comedy Damage-level "So does this mean that we're done, then?"

She pauses, blinks at Mary. "Oh, well. How do you do? So you're not here to kill us?"


Torgueila, there are a couple tapestries and some antique leatherworking tools on the walls that might be worth something, and a small lockbox underneath the desk.

Also, your hearing is blown for an hour, so pretty much until scene change. =/


Male Tiefling HP-10/10 - Alchemist 1 -Initiative +4 - AC/FF/T 15/13/12- F-3 R-4 W-0 Perception-0

Man, if Only I had picked up sign language or read lips as one of my starting languages, but I wanted to basics lol. Shows mr.

Yup defiantly tenitus. Well no helping that now. Torgueila pockets the odd stuffs, but examines the box closer, signaling Cimri silently to take a peak. While she takes a peak he looks for paper and fishes out a quill so he can "speak" if need be. The after doing that, time to search the body. Order of operations: Loot table, have Cimri see what she can do about box, get paper ready for them to "talk" to each other, then while she does that he looks a corpse....A pretty productive bit!


Cimri moves over and gets to work on the lockbox. Your corpse-looting yields a masterwork crossbow, 8 bolts, and a set of keys.


BP: 2/7 | Spells cast: 1/0 | HP 2/10 | Init +5 | AC/T/FF 16/11/15 | F+1 R+3 W+2 | Perception +4

"Cimri, why was there a dog?!" STOP BEING DEAF AND ANSWER ME. I'M STILL BLEEDING AND DISTRAUGHT. "I thought you were prepared for this! Aren't you a professional or something? Why did you not tell us there would be a dog?? We could have all died, we- oh gods, we're all murderers now! This was supposed to be simple!"

...is it a bluff check to start crying on command?

Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Well, she is actually in a lot of pain so the tears aren't even really fake! Wah wah, pity me.


Male Tiefling HP-10/10 - Alchemist 1 -Initiative +4 - AC/FF/T 15/13/12- F-3 R-4 W-0 Perception-0

Torgueila, Not hearing the cries of Eliselda, takes the stuff, playing with the keys with a raised eyebrow. He walks back over to the table and drops the keys next to the box, quickly writing on the paper.

"Think the keys to the box? Or maybe some other door here?


HP: 10/10 (5 NL) Spells Cast: */2 Init +2, AC/T/FF 15/10/15 | F+1 R+2 W+2 | Perception +0

Her bleeding will be going away fully within a minute, since she's healing 1 HP a round and is only missing 8.

"Oh, walk it off you softie! Murder is simply the natural end of life!" She titters, reaching her creepy noodle arm over to catch one of the crying girl's tears. "Well... the nature end when Hardgore Mary is summoned to the stage, anyways."

She steps over to look at the box, very interested in its contents.

"The girl who said you needed help wants her share, too. I'll take it instead as my cut. Serves her right~" --Or so she says as she puts her finger to her mouth, thinking things over.


Cimri pops open the lock as Torgueila drops the keys next to the box. She grins wide and spins the box around. It's filled with numerous small leather pouches. She holds one up and jingles it. It clearly contains coin. She drops it back in the box and closes the lid.

"Let's get the f@@+ out of here before someone realizes Louislik is dead."


Male Tiefling HP-10/10 - Alchemist 1 -Initiative +4 - AC/FF/T 15/13/12- F-3 R-4 W-0 Perception-0

Torgueila smiles, he can't here her but he knows exactly what that motion means...loot! Now that she is packing up he gets the memo that it's time to Evac. he quickly scurries around the rooms, nabbing any dagger tossed and pocketing them. He also pockets the keys to the box, just in case.

"All Right I am deaf as hell right now from that rock asshat tossed so don't try to talk back, we got what we came for, anyone not bouncing out of here now is welcome to stay, more for me~" Torgueila chuckles as he walks towards the exit after collecting his daggers. He peers outside first to make sure there isn't any surprises.

Is there like a window or small crack I can look out of?


Peering out the window, Toegueila can see that the halfling has apparently been busy. He stands next to a pile of armor and tools carefully grooming Gavin and checking him over for wounds.


Male Tiefling HP-10/10 - Alchemist 1 -Initiative +4 - AC/FF/T 15/13/12- F-3 R-4 W-0 Perception-0

Good Torgueila is now ready to peace out when everyone else is, or more specifically when Cimri leaves he will scurry out behind her, regardless of these losers.


Female Tiefling HP 8/8 | Moon Witch 1 | Init +6 | AC/FF/T 12/10/12 | F:1 R:2 W:3 | Perc (Kali:4) (Umb:13)

Kali just shrugs and turns away. "Have at it. So long as I get my share~"

Same for Kali!


BP: 2/7 | Spells cast: 1/0 | HP 2/10 | Init +5 | AC/T/FF 16/11/15 | F+1 R+3 W+2 | Perception +4

You're all monsters.

Eliselda has no choice but to follow, staying as far away from Mary as humanly possible...and then some. She clucks at the halfling as they pass to make sure he hurries up and doesn't get left behind.


HP: 10/10 (5 NL) Spells Cast: */2 Init +2, AC/T/FF 15/10/15 | F+1 R+2 W+2 | Perception +0

Mary follows along as well. She's intent on getting her prize of taking that other girl's money, thank you very much.


As you all file out of the counting house, the halfling indicates that one of you should help carry out the loot he's assembled. However you decide to do it, you all slip out of the tannery and into the woods. The halfling hangs back long enough to ignite the oil trail he'd left around the perimeter of the place. Burned evidence is difficult to pinpoint.


Cimri turns to you all, whispering more loudly than she realizes.

"Alright, that was a s*%%show, but we got what we were after. Meet back at the Ash House. Separately."

With that, she slips into the woods, lockbox in hand.


As you walk through the old iron gates of the manor, you look up at the building. What remains of this manor looks like it could collapse at any moment. Bearing the scars of a decades-old fire, the house is blackened and sags under the weight of its collapsed third floor. Shattered windows pose no barrier to the riot of ivy scaling each gable and invading every cavity. Bent pillars and a cracked granite porch lead to a warped door bearing a rusty doorknocker shaped like a boar’s head.


At some point, Mary got bored and wandered off alone. That means that the person showing up is the quiet girl who ran off before.

"M-my friend I saw... she helped, right? Sorry, I would have done it myself, but... stomach..."


Male Tiefling HP-10/10 - Alchemist 1 -Initiative +4 - AC/FF/T 15/13/12- F-3 R-4 W-0 Perception-0

I am gonna assume it has been an hour, since being deaf all through roleopay time would be awful, and we had to separate anyway, so yeah it probably took an hour to regroup.

Torgueila stares at the small girl... He approaches her and bends down to be eye level with her. He examines her up and down, then smiles.

"Your friend? Hmmm... Torgueila ponders how he should approach this. It's fairly obvious that this chick is the same as the weird noodly one. I mean she was invited by cimri for a reason, and running away wasn't it. Add to the fact that she just happen to show up, and then leaves, only for Becky to just Convieniently show up? Yeah not buying it.....so how to handle this?.....Play along~

" Okay, I'll play along, Mary~" He whispers before standing up and speaking louder.

"Well Becky, your annoying friend came in, yelled at everyone, hit a dog with a stick, then waved her creepy noodle arms around.....not that helpful really but funny as hell....Kinda funny, she was so insistent on loot, but left before she could get it....huh, her loss I gueeeessss." He glances down with a smirk at Becky and a wink. It seems he has no intention on attempting to out her in public, probably because she could just deny it and get away with it. But where's the fun in that, this is waaaay more amusing~.


Female Tiefling HP 8/8 | Moon Witch 1 | Init +6 | AC/FF/T 12/10/12 | F:1 R:2 W:3 | Perc (Kali:4) (Umb:13)

Kali seems significantly less interested in Becky's badly hidden secret, instead craning her neck as she looks at the devastated house she approaches. "Reminds me of home." She says in a tone that's surprisingly wistful for someone looking at actual garbage.

It takes her a moment to look Becky's way, blink, and then smile. "Ahh. Not dead, hmm?"

51 to 100 of 155 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / VikingIrishman's Hell's Vengeance Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.