VikingIrishman's Hell's Vengeance (Inactive)

Game Master VikingIrishman

The Hell’s Vengeance Adventure Path begins when the Hellknight Order of the Godclaw reveals that its members have found Heart’s Edge, the legendary sword once wielded by the goddess Iomedae. A group of Iomedaean knights calling themselves the Glorious Reclamation, upset that a Hellknight order held an important relic of their faith, raided the Hellknights’ fortress, Citadel Dinyar, and reclaimed the divine weapon. And rather than stopping there, they set their sights on overthrowing the diabolical Thrice-Damned House of Thrune! It is your job to stop them.

Map


1 to 50 of 155 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

The town of Longacre sits just outside the fringes of the Whisperwood. A few lights shine in the streets and windows, and the occasional snippet of conversation or laughter issues from open doors, but here on the outskirts of town, the night is quiet and dark. Sparse clouds scud across the sky, momentarily obscuring the dim light from the moon overhead. Across a scrubby field, barely distinguishable under the starry sky, a darkened, fortlike compound hunches in the distance.


Cimri points toward the dim structure.

“That’s it—Louslik Tannery. Here’s the job: We break in, sack Ol’ Louslik’s office, take whatever’s shiny, and get out before the sheriff shows up. If we get separated, meet back at the Ash House by dawn.”

Dull moonlight glints across her dagger as she flicks it in emphasis.

“If you get pinched, remember: you’re mute. Keep your mouth shut, and I’ll handle things. I got assurances that we won’t take any blame if things go south, but get chatty and I’ll let you rot.”

A beat passes and her usual crooked smirk appears.

“If you don’t screw things up, we’ll all be drinking on Razelago’s coin come dawn. Let’s do this.”


This is your opportunity to ask questions. Also, you guys did reconnaissance before you met up with Cimri. Pick a skill you would have used and make a check. I'll let you know what you discovered.


Male Tiefling HP-10/10 - Alchemist 1 -Initiative +4 - AC/FF/T 15/13/12- F-3 R-4 W-0 Perception-0

Well as far as Torgueila goes he will use spellcraft and Knowledge Arcana, to make sure no magical tomfoolery are afoot.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

woooooow great roles

Nails click against the studs of Torgeilas armor as he looks upon this mostly crew.

"Not exactly what I expected when you told me you had a 'crack team'. Torgueila chuckles as he scans the group around him.


"...yes... that... yes."

Becky gives a quiet nod, thinking to herself.

"What... do we do... if we find someone in there..?"

As for earlier...

Disguise: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Operation pretend to be someone who belongs there was probably a failure.


Female Tiefling HP 8/8 | Moon Witch 1 | Init +6 | AC/FF/T 12/10/12 | F:1 R:2 W:3 | Perc (Kali:4) (Umb:13)

Kali pats a pocket on her belt, cooing down at it. Umbi-dear, now promise to keep quiet."

She looks over her shoulder at the other demonkin and smiles. "Oh, I'm very qualified. Promise."

As for the check, Kali took ten to look around the area with Perception. So, 10 + 4 = 14.


BP: 2/7 | Spells cast: 1/0 | HP 2/10 | Init +5 | AC/T/FF 16/11/15 | F+1 R+3 W+2 | Perception +4

Well now, why go skulking around when you can walk right up to some local rube and just sweet talk them for what you need?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

...which seems like it went pretty well, assuming the people she talked to actually had any relevant info.

Eliselda gives a dainty sniff as she glances around at her new "associates." She's dressed down for the occasion (no need to be tripping over fine skirts in the middle of a heist!), but from the way she holds herself, it's still hard to mistake her for anything but a sophisticated highborn girl.

"Oh, I'm sure we won't have any trouble. I think this will be a fine amusement, don't you all agree?"


Torgueila:
It doesn't take much to tell that there isn't a scrap of anything arcane happening here, but the fumes from the tanning process are quite strong. You may want to take precautions to avoid inhaling them.

Becky:
A young girl wandering around a tannery at night a mile from the nearest town isn't exactly inconspicuous. Luckily for you, there aren't any guards patrolling outside the tannery.

Kali:
At first nothing looks amiss, but you notice that a portion of the palisade surrounding the tannery has been damaged by repeated impacts from inexpertly steered work carts. This has opened a narrow gap in the palisade near the beamhouse that is out of the way, and could be squeezed through with a bit of effort.

Eliselda:
Your schmoozing and higher status open up a few mouths. A small night crew works at the tannery. The tannery’s owner, Jabral Louslik, handles the operation’s accounting well into the evening. Additionally, Shaul and Pippa Umbre (the town’s elderly gong farmers) come and go throughout the night, bringing loads of dung to use in sofening leather.


A halfling quietly follows behind Eliselda, making sure not to make eye contact with anybody. Beside him trots a young ram, kitted out with saddle, bit, and, bridle, but still too small for even the halfling to ride.


Male Tiefling HP-10/10 - Alchemist 1 -Initiative +4 - AC/FF/T 15/13/12- F-3 R-4 W-0 Perception-0

Torgueila stares at the young women, so cheerful she is! It irritated him. He smiles to Eliselda.

"Why yes infinite amounts of fun! By the way you seem to be the type who cares about appearances, you should put your face in the fumes produced from the tanning process, it's GREAT for the skin." It doesn't take a lot to tell Torgueila is being a malicious ads. His eyes then roll on the other Tiefling. No opinion yet.....seems to nice, off. Then his eyes fall got he short women, Becky. I assume she is short, goes with the magical girl theme.

"I was unaware we were bringing children....any reason on this one cimri? She seems vastly...unsuited to this work..." Torgueila wasn't exactly underestimating what she COULD do....simply trying to draw out what that could be. After all, while the rest of the crew wasn't impressive, they looked the part. This child however. Something has to be up.


Yeah, she p short.

"...I'm... Nineteen... Not a child..." Her voice is quiet and frequently halts at various points, as she looks up at Torgueila. "But I'm... a specialist..." She looks from Cimri to the others and back.

"I squeeze places... dress up... lie... hide... tumble... scare people..."

She nods to herself. "Every team... needs someone like that..."

Her weasel crawls out of her bag and up to her shoulder.

"Yes... I'm fine... Don't worry... please..."


BP: 2/7 | Spells cast: 1/0 | HP 2/10 | Init +5 | AC/T/FF 16/11/15 | F+1 R+3 W+2 | Perception +4

Eliselda flashes a beguiling smile right back at the tiefling, either unfazed or somehow unaware of his intent.

"Well, how sweet of you to make a suggestion! Don't you worry about me, though~ I already have a rigorous skin care routine; it would be far too risky to go changing it up so suddenly."

She then rounds abruptly on Becky, giving a cheerful hum as she steps up next to the other girl. "Nineteen! What a coincidence, darling, we're the same age! This is a good omen, I'm sure of it." Unless stopped, either by girl or weasel, she attempts to loop her arm through Becky's playfully. "We just have to slip in, avoid the night crew, get what we're after and get out. I think even a couple of 'children' can handle that much, hm?"


Female Tiefling HP 8/8 | Moon Witch 1 | Init +6 | AC/FF/T 12/10/12 | F:1 R:2 W:3 | Perc (Kali:4) (Umb:13)

Kali laughed behind her hand, a token gesture that did nothing to hide the gross giggle-snort.

"Yeah, this will be easy!" She said, going to Becky's other side and patting her with a long,black nailed hand.


Cimri smirks and shakes her head.

"Alright, if we're all done petting each other's hair, what say you we actually do what we came here to do?"

She rolls her shoulders and begins cautiously loping toward the tannery.


Male Tiefling HP-10/10 - Alchemist 1 -Initiative +4 - AC/FF/T 15/13/12- F-3 R-4 W-0 Perception-0

Torgueila sighed and followed, hands in his coat pocket as he walked. He kept his head down, barely glancing up to see where he was going. Frankly he hated stealth opps....in fact he knew why he was there. He was there for clean up, in case things got REALLY hairy....like that jockstrap incident. Hopefully this time he won't have to melt any bodies.

Taking ten on stealth, just in case.


"We... should be..." Eliselda's presence is overpowering, Kali's somehow makes it worse, and Becky shrinks back before holding her stomach.

"...Cimri..? Nerves... Can't... I'm going... Bathroom... I'll catch up when I can..." She assumes that Cimri knows what she really means by this, as she backs up and swiftly runs around a corner to uh.

Stuff.

Once she's out of sight, it's time for the obvious awesomeness to take place, but since she's doing it out of sight I'm not writing a description yet. Also taking 10 on stealth, aside the whole crazy magical lighting business.


BP: 2/7 | Spells cast: 1/0 | HP 2/10 | Init +5 | AC/T/FF 16/11/15 | F+1 R+3 W+2 | Perception +4

She clicks her tongue lightly as she watches Becky scurry off. "Tsk...poor dear. Stage fright."

She joins the others in moving forward, dropping her voice as she gives a sideways glance at Cimri. "I do hope she's able to compose herself quickly. You realize we'll only have so much time before someone from the late shift comes through."

Another 10 on stealth. Sneaky sneaky.


Female Tiefling HP 8/8 | Moon Witch 1 | Init +6 | AC/FF/T 12/10/12 | F:1 R:2 W:3 | Perc (Kali:4) (Umb:13)

Kali complained wordlessly, following the others as she quietly rummaged through her spell component pouch to remember what she even had prepared.

She grins at Eliselda. "But surprising them is the best part."

Another sneaky-snake take-ten on Stealth.


Cimri slides up next to the control panel for the gate mechanism and curses under her breath.

"Locked...anyone good at busting into things? Quietly?"

She looks to each of you.


Male Tiefling HP-10/10 - Alchemist 1 -Initiative +4 - AC/FF/T 15/13/12- F-3 R-4 W-0 Perception-0

"Oh I can open it....queitly, however, isn't likely.....hmm" Torgueila glances around. Scanning the nearby vicinity for a possible key. Sometimes people just go for the more convenient method if hiding the key near the lock.....thise people generally are also uneducated and broke, as far as Torgueila was concerned.

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

Also yes I'm aware that technically the explosion from bombs doesn't damage structures but role playing wise it is fun and in character to say, so shut up lol.

Also side not3 what is WITH the terrible rolls for this opening session! I hope we are getting these out of our system now before they are important to succeed lol.


HP: 10/10 (5 NL) Spells Cast: */2 Init +2, AC/T/FF 15/10/15 | F+1 R+2 W+2 | Perception +0

Meanwhile, about 30 feet back, a vigilante hides in the shadows and waits for the rest of her team to break open the door so that she can sneak in after them.

Waiting for the right moment to reveal oneself is just as important to the Creedo of Maximum Awesomeness as actually being awesome when you do, after all.


HP: 10/10 (5 NL) Spells Cast: */2 Init +2, AC/T/FF 15/10/15 | F+1 R+2 W+2 | Perception +0

It is worth noting that she is taking 10, giving her a 12, and is 30 feet back for a -3 penalty to spot her, for a total perception dc of 15. In case you want to see a magical girl frill poking out from behind a tree or something.


BP: 2/7 | Spells cast: 1/0 | HP 2/10 | Init +5 | AC/T/FF 16/11/15 | F+1 R+3 W+2 | Perception +4

...not one person in this party has Disable Device, do they.

...son of a bi-

Eliselda, despite being just as useless as everyone else in this situation, looks completely put out. "My, my. Who would have ever thought that the door might be locked?"

Sigh. She takes a step back and cranes her head around the area, looking for any other possible routes in. They'll need one, unless someone else has a trick up their sleeve.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

...boy, it must be awfully dark out tonight.


HP: 10/10 (5 NL) Spells Cast: */2 Init +2, AC/T/FF 15/10/15 | F+1 R+2 W+2 | Perception +0

I AM AND REMAIN THE NIGHT!!!111!!!1!


Female Tiefling HP 8/8 | Moon Witch 1 | Init +6 | AC/FF/T 12/10/12 | F:1 R:2 W:3 | Perc (Kali:4) (Umb:13)

Kali wrinkles her nose. "Is it magic?" She asked with the tone of someone who already knew her answer.

She sighs and unties a bag, reaching for her familiar. "Do you think you can help us, Umbi'?" She asked the toad before setting it down.

Recon via toad to find a key, weak point in gate, etc...it's worth a shot?
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24


Cimri closes her eyes and breathes deeply through her nose.

"Are you kidding me? We're going on a heist and we have nobody who can break and enter? Fat lot of good you all are. Might as well just go home."

Cimri starts to walk off before she stops and turns around with a s&$*-eating grin on her face.

"I'm just f!%$in' with you guys, this is no trouble at all."

She pulls out a carefully wrapped pouch of thieves' tools and it takes her barely a second to pop open the door of the mechanism and a moment more to fiddle with the switch to prevent the door from swinging open too loudly.


A log palisade surrounds the tannery. In places, gaps between the gray, dry-rotted trunks are wide enough to pass a hand through. To the west, a muddy trail slips beneath a plank gate similar to a barn door. These barriers do absolutely nothing to block the heavy stench of chemicals and dung drifting from within.

Cart furrows and disturbing stains mar the muddy yard. Around the perimeter, murky water pools in rows of sunken tubs. Unspeakable muck encrusts each vat and half submerged skins float within. From these scabby concoctions drifts a sinus-assaulting reek—a dizzying miasma of rotten eggs, lime, and far worse.

Worse, the sound of the door opening has caught the attention of Louislik's guard dog.


Dog Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Cimri Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Kali Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Mary Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Eliselda Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Torgueila Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Youthere Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Initiative Order
Kali
Youthere
Eliselda
Dog
Cimri
Torgueila
Mary

Surprise round! Everybody set themselves right at the gate (minus Mary because she's still in the woods). I think you should be able to move the tokens. If the map worked. lol


I very nearly forgot about Gavin!

Gavin Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


.
.
.
.
.
.
Updated Initiative Order
Kali
Youthere
Eliselda
Dog
Cimri
Gavin
Torgueila
Mary


Female Tiefling HP 8/8 | Moon Witch 1 | Init +6 | AC/FF/T 12/10/12 | F:1 R:2 W:3 | Perc (Kali:4) (Umb:13)

Kali pouts. "No one told me there'd be a dog... Shame." She murmurs, securing Umbra back into her pouch before staring at the dog, raising a hand silently to point.

Evil Eye: attack rolls edition


The halfling shifts uncomfortably, looking toward Eliselda to see what is to be done.

Holding action


Kali, Evil Eye has a 30-foot range. You are currently 65 feet away from the dog. Surprise rounds can be icky.


BP: 2/7 | Spells cast: 1/0 | HP 2/10 | Init +5 | AC/T/FF 16/11/15 | F+1 R+3 W+2 | Perception +4

Eliselda jerks back slightly, mentally cursing their luck. "Well, don't just stand there!" she hisses at the halfling as she moves to draw her whip. "Do something, before it alerts all the guards!"

Move action to draw weapon.


Female Tiefling HP 8/8 | Moon Witch 1 | Init +6 | AC/FF/T 12/10/12 | F:1 R:2 W:3 | Perc (Kali:4) (Umb:13)

I may have gone blind but I don't see an option to edit the post so um. Holding action!


HP: 10/10 (5 NL) Spells Cast: */2 Init +2, AC/T/FF 15/10/15 | F+1 R+2 W+2 | Perception +0

It stops letting you edit your post after an hour.


The halfling, at his mistress's command, unwraps the sling from his wrist with surprising speed. Stepping to Eliselda's side, he looses a bullet at the dog.

Sling Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 2 = 3
Sling Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Unfortunately the shot goes wide, ringing off the side of one of the vats. The dog begins barking furiously, warning you away.

GM Rolls:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 111d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Meanwhile, Cimri slips into the tannery and behind cover and Gavin trots into the center of the place.

Torgueila, you're up for your surprise round action and then we slip into normal initiative.


Male Tiefling HP-10/10 - Alchemist 1 -Initiative +4 - AC/FF/T 15/13/12- F-3 R-4 W-0 Perception-0

So move Torgueila into a position that is like 30 feet away, while not being in the open to much. I am not near a computer to allow me to move myself.

Torgueila sighs and draws one of his knives from his side. He glares at the dog and flings the knife at it.

Thrown dagger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

You know what no! I am using my ability. I know I should save it but I will not let this storm of bad roles stand!

Refill attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


HP: 10/10 (5 NL) Spells Cast: */2 Init +2, AC/T/FF 15/10/15 | F+1 R+2 W+2 | Perception +0

Surprise round, Torg. Move OR standard.


Male Tiefling HP-10/10 - Alchemist 1 -Initiative +4 - AC/FF/T 15/13/12- F-3 R-4 W-0 Perception-0

Oh....I am not used to be IN. a surprise round, just victim to one....okay uh....just move me and no attack....YAY MY EMBARASSING TERRIBLE ROLLS NEVER HAPPENED TECHNICALLY. dagger is Still drawn as I move though.


Alright, Top of Initiative! Kali, Youthere, Eliselda are up.

More GM Rolls:
1d100 ⇒ 47


Female Tiefling HP 8/8 | Moon Witch 1 | Init +6 | AC/FF/T 12/10/12 | F:1 R:2 W:3 | Perc (Kali:4) (Umb:13)

Kali walks up to stand behind Gavin and does the thing she planned to do earlier, waving a spooky hand and glaring at the dog.

Attack rolls targeted with Evil Eye


BP: 2/7 | Spells cast: 1/0 | HP 2/10 | Init +5 | AC/T/FF 16/11/15 | F+1 R+3 W+2 | Perception +4

"Tch!" Barely one step in the front door and already in trouble. And basically all of her abilities would be wasted on a dog...instead she moves past the halfling and runs around the tubs of foul liquid, readying her whip.

Double move to get in a better position. That'll teach me to forget a ranged weapon.


The halfling approaches steadily, loading another bullet into his sling and letting it fly at the dog.

Sling Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Sling Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


I'm gonna assume that the Will save against your Evil Eye is 13?

Dog Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Looks like the puppy saved. -2 to attacks for 1 round.

The halfling's bullet finds its mark this time, hitting the dog square in the shoulder. She yelps, but stands her ground.

As the bullet is impacting the dog, a much smaller terrier comes bursting forth from the counting room, yapping its fool head off. I beelines for the closest enemy, which happens to be Gavin Steadyhooves. The terrier bites at Gavin's legs.

Terrier Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Bite Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Gavin dances to the side, neatly avoiding the dog's jaws.

The larger dog, angry at having been hit with a bullet, barks fiercely and rushes the halfling.

Gavin and Kali can take Attacks of Opportunity. In an effort to not get bogged down, I'll just roll for Kali and you can confirm whether you want to take it when you post.

Gavin AoO: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Kali AoO: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Both miss.

Reaching the halfling, the dog lashes out with her teeth.

Dog Bite: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 2 = 7
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

The halfling brings his shield up as the dog approaches, denying her any good angle of attack.

You hear a soft gasp as a man steps out of the counting house, crossbow in hand. This must be Jabral Louislik, and he looks none too pleased to see you causing havoc in his tannery. He locks eyes with Eliselda across the courtyard and brings his crossbow to bear.

Louislik Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 8

F*+$ing ouch...

The bolt finds its mark in Eliselda's abdomen and a grim smile creeps across Louislik's face.

Cimri, seeing this happen, vaults up on top of the storage platform and runs across it, tossing her dagger at Louislik as she drops from the platform to the ground.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Dagger Throw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The dagger buries itself in Louislik's arm, causing the man to curse in pain.

Meanwhile, Gavin hops to the side and headbutts the terrier that bit at him.

Gore Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

He connects with the terrier's skull and bleats threateningly.

Gods, that was a hell of an update. Torgueila, Mary, Kali, Youthere, Eliselda, you guys are up.

Updated Initiative Order
Kali
Youthere
Eliselda (8 Damage)
Terrier (3 Damage)
Dog (3 Damage)
Louslik (5 Damage)
Cimri
Gavin
Torgueila
Mary


HP: 10/10 (5 NL) Spells Cast: */2 Init +2, AC/T/FF 15/10/15 | F+1 R+2 W+2 | Perception +0

Since everyone is inside, Mary will go ahead and do the smart thing of double moving her way over from the forest to the tannery palisade and climb up the thing.

Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

She's pretty sure that with all of the attention on the dog and the dog and the crossbowman and the others the odds of someone thinking to look up are rather low.


Male Tiefling HP-10/10 - Alchemist 1 -Initiative +4 - AC/FF/T 15/13/12- F-3 R-4 W-0 Perception-0

Okay I'll just go since bard is not a postin.

Torgueila sighs as he sees the bolt hit it's Mark. He shakes his head. Looking at the distance he groans a bit, just too far..... He will walk 15 ft forward and throw the dagger at the dog.

Thrown dagger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

........Re-rolling.....Becausr I refuse to let this continue! I will hit SOMETHING!

RE-F+!+ING-ROLL!!: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Kill me


BP: 2/7 | Spells cast: 1/0 | HP 2/10 | Init +5 | AC/T/FF 16/11/15 | F+1 R+3 W+2 | Perception +4

OUCH OUCH OUCH. Well, this has just gone to all hell already! Screw this. Since stealth is now completely out the window (and also she's got a crossbow bolt in her gut and doesn't exactly feel like jumping into the fray) Eliselda does the one thing she's actually trained to do: sing.

Because she's a bard, so screw you. Bardic Performance: Inspire Courage. Allies get +1 on attack and damage rolls.

As she suddenly belts out a wordless aria, everyone feels weirdly more competent.

So please don't let us all die in the very first combat.


Female Tiefling HP 8/8 | Moon Witch 1 | Init +6 | AC/FF/T 12/10/12 | F:1 R:2 W:3 | Perc (Kali:4) (Umb:13)

After completely failing to hit the dog, Kali ducks away to hide near Torgueila and focuses her gaze on the other canine nearby.

Evil Eye: Attack Rolls part II!!

1 to 50 of 155 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / VikingIrishman's Hell's Vengeance Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.