Trail of the Apprentice [Private]

Game Master PorterMacShack

Google Drive folder for maps


851 to 900 of 967 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male LN Elf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 2 | HP: 12 / 15 | AC: 16 20 (13 Tch, 1317 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | shortbow+4, mwk morningstar+3 | Acid: 0/7 Bombs: 4/6 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: shield for 2 mins

Phedran roots through his reagents, and finds a vial of a sticky substance, then applies some to his upper lip, then wincing from the smell of it.

"I'm not sure what's worse, but let's get through this place in due haste - the sheer weight of the stench is astounding!"


The makeshift bridge looks like it could hold you, although it is only wide enough for one person to cross at a time DC 10 Acrobatics. The sewage isn't flowing very fast, and so crossing directly through it would be easy, if not pleasant.

Karthurg:
As you enter the room, you spot something. There are a few sets of wet footprints that originate on your side of the sewage and make their way back the way you came. There is also a trail of blood droplets along the tracks.


HP: 20/20 * AC 13, T 11, FF 13 * Initiative +2 * Perception +8 * Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +6 * Wand 8/50

Um, let's all cross and then Big C can take his shot at it... I'll call him from the other side.

AcroHank: 1d20 ⇒ 4

As Hank falls into the muck, he remembers that Ma Trubbs always said Hank was nimble as a cat... a drunk cat with one eye and three legs.


Halfling HP:4/12, AC:10, Fort:+1, Reflex:-1, Will:+3, Init:+3, Per:+3,Lvl1 Spells: 0/5

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Belliken lands face first in the muck and begins to vomit as he pulls himself up to the other side. He quickly starts casting prestidigitation to wipe all the grime off of himself.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Elf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 2 | HP: 12 / 15 | AC: 16 20 (13 Tch, 1317 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | shortbow+4, mwk morningstar+3 | Acid: 0/7 Bombs: 4/6 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: shield for 2 mins

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Phedran manages to keep his balance clearing the rickety footbridge.


Male NG Half Orc Ranger (Wild Hunter) |HP 16/22| AC 16 Touch 12 Flatfooted 14 | CMB:6 CMD:18| F:5 R:5 W:2 | init+2| perc: +7 | speed 20| Animal Focus 0/2

Karthurg stops everyone before we get to the bridge and points to the ground. There are a few sets of wet footprints that originate on your side of the sewage and make their way back the way you came. There is also a trail of blood droplets along the tracks. I wonder what this is about. He studies the tracks to see if he can identify them at all.

survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

If we still go across the bridge...

Acrobatics dc 10: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

Karthurg is able to cross, even with his bulky armor.

I am sorry guys. Things have been busier than normal for me and I am past my bandwidth in games. I will try to be better about keeping up on this game!


To the north, there is a larger pool of water. Despite the fact that there is an inlet of sewage flowing in from the northwest, the surface of this pool appears to be perfectly smooth and calm.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Elf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 2 | HP: 12 / 15 | AC: 16 20 (13 Tch, 1317 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | shortbow+4, mwk morningstar+3 | Acid: 0/7 Bombs: 4/6 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: shield for 2 mins

Trudging ahead, but keeping the rest of the party within line-of-sight, Phedran examines his surroundings.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


HP: 20/20 * AC 13, T 11, FF 13 * Initiative +2 * Perception +8 * Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +6 * Wand 8/50

Hank asks for some Prestidigitation, but as soon as he's spiffed up, he's gonna hop up on Cammy and follow Phedran. Cammy is deeply unhappy to be wading through mud and worse, but he's movin'.


Halfling HP:4/12, AC:10, Fort:+1, Reflex:-1, Will:+3, Init:+3, Per:+3,Lvl1 Spells: 0/5

Belliken cleans himself off immediately and offers to do the same to Hank, but then sees that Phedran has taken an interest in the sewage pond.


The next tunnel leads towards another larger area. As you move further up, all of you can feel a strange, unnatural energy in the air. In addition, a single ripple suddenly spreads out from the centre of the pool. As it closes back in, it forms a small peak of fetid water as another ripple begins to emerge. The bulge grows, and is now approaching five feet in height as it churns and rises, as if spurred on by some unseen force below the surface.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Elf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 2 | HP: 12 / 15 | AC: 16 20 (13 Tch, 1317 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | shortbow+4, mwk morningstar+3 | Acid: 0/7 Bombs: 4/6 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: shield for 2 mins

"Um... fellows?" says Phedran, as he checks over his shoulders and ensures that the rest of the party has caught up. "What say you all? Elemental? Ooze? I can't say I've seen something like this before."

Knowledge (arcana/nature), if applicable: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 (otherwise I'm only untrained in any other Knowledges)


Male NG Half Orc Ranger (Wild Hunter) |HP 16/22| AC 16 Touch 12 Flatfooted 14 | CMB:6 CMD:18| F:5 R:5 W:2 | init+2| perc: +7 | speed 20| Animal Focus 0/2

Karthurg pulls out his hammer. Best be prepared for what ever is approaching. I don't know much this that size underwater that doesn't want to eat us.


Phedran knows that this is a water elemental, although this one has become mixed up in all the waste and sewage.

Info on water elementals (everyone can read):

Immune to: bleed, crits, flanking, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, and stunning.
It has limited control over water, and can form a powerful whirlpool.
It has no special DR or weaknesses.
Its attacks are more effective against opponents in the water, and less effective against those in land. As a result, water elementals often try to drag their foes into the water.

The water grows to a height of nearly eight feet, forming rough facial features and two pseudopod-like arms.

Initiative
Elemental: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Belliken Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Cammy Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Hank Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Karthurg Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Phedran Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Round 1
Belliken
Phedran
Karthurg
Hank & Cammy

Elemental

For movement purposes, the water can be waded through, but it counts as difficult terrain.


HP: 20/20 * AC 13, T 11, FF 13 * Initiative +2 * Perception +8 * Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +6 * Wand 8/50

"Hey there, yer wetness, we're just passin' by..." Hank tries to hail the creature--but his hand is on his faithful scimitar...


Halfling HP:4/12, AC:10, Fort:+1, Reflex:-1, Will:+3, Init:+3, Per:+3,Lvl1 Spells: 0/5

Belliken outstretches his hands towards the creature and lets out a blast of fire.

Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5
Burning hands, DC 15 reflex for half

Grand Lodge

Male LN Elf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 2 | HP: 12 / 15 | AC: 16 20 (13 Tch, 1317 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | shortbow+4, mwk morningstar+3 | Acid: 0/7 Bombs: 4/6 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: shield for 2 mins

Phedran grabs a vial of acid from his bandolier, and pleads with the otherworldly creature. "No harm need come to you, just let us pass without issue, and all can make it out of this in one piece!"

What are the chances this thing comprehends our common tongue? thinks the alchemist as the last words trickle from his mouth.

Readied Action (if elemental attempts an attack):

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male NG Half Orc Ranger (Wild Hunter) |HP 16/22| AC 16 Touch 12 Flatfooted 14 | CMB:6 CMD:18| F:5 R:5 W:2 | init+2| perc: +7 | speed 20| Animal Focus 0/2

Karthurg readies his earth breaker. Do these fools think that this living water wants to be our friend?

Readied action (if elemental comes within my reach):

earth breaker: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
damage (B): 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 1) + 9 = 14


HP: 20/20 * AC 14 * Init +2 * Perception +4 * Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +1 * Senses: Scent, Low Light

Cammy sees Hank's friends readying for combat and positions himself where he can back them up.


The elemental doesn’t seem to understand Phedran, or if it does it makes no reply. It recoils from Belliken’s spell before moving south to two squares east of Karthurg and swinging an arm at Cammy.
Slam: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6
Cammy Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
As it does so, Phedran’s vial of acid strikes it and it makes a strange, angry gurgling sound.
Round 2
Belliken
Karthurg
Hank & Cammy

Elemental
Phedran


HP: 20/20 * AC 13, T 11, FF 13 * Initiative +2 * Perception +8 * Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +6 * Wand 8/50

Hank ducks behind Cammy, drawing his scimitar and his trusty wand. But for now, he casts Guidance on Cam.

"Uh, bite it! I think!"


HP: 20/20 * AC 14 * Init +2 * Perception +4 * Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +1 * Senses: Scent, Low Light

"MWWWOONK"

PA Bite: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 - 1 = 91d4 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Poor Cammy...


Male NG Half Orc Ranger (Wild Hunter) |HP 16/22| AC 16 Touch 12 Flatfooted 14 | CMB:6 CMD:18| F:5 R:5 W:2 | init+2| perc: +7 | speed 20| Animal Focus 0/2

What are the rules for moving and fighting in the water?


Since it isn't that deep, I'd say it's difficult terrain.
Cammy gets a mouthful of nasty water.

Round 2
Belliken
Karthurg

Hank & Karthurg
Elemental
Phedran


HP: 20/20 * AC 14 * Init +2 * Perception +4 * Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +1 * Senses: Scent, Low Light

As if I've never had nasty liquids in my mouth before. Still, I must admit, well played, my soggy foe, but vengeance shall be mine, if the one with the hammer doesn't end you beforehand...

"MWONK..."


Male NG Half Orc Ranger (Wild Hunter) |HP 16/22| AC 16 Touch 12 Flatfooted 14 | CMB:6 CMD:18| F:5 R:5 W:2 | init+2| perc: +7 | speed 20| Animal Focus 0/2

Karthurg hops into the water, I guess I was due for a bath! And swing his big hammer at the elemental!

earth breaker: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 1) + 9 = 16

Move action to move into the water. Standard action to attack once.


Halfling HP:4/12, AC:10, Fort:+1, Reflex:-1, Will:+3, Init:+3, Per:+3,Lvl1 Spells: 0/5

Belliken backs up and takes a shot that the thing with his crossbow, remembering the wounds he took in the last large battle.

Crossbow: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Looks like I messed up the initiative list for round 2. That should say Hank and Cammy, and you can go before the elemental.


HP: 20/20 * AC 13, T 11, FF 13 * Initiative +2 * Perception +8 * Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +6 * Wand 8/50

Whoops, shoulda noticed that!

Hank casts Guidance, and Cammy goes for the CHOOOMP.

Camel Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d4 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


The elemental twists out of Karthurg's reach, but is unable to avoid Belliken's shot. Unfortunately, Cammy is still unable to hurt it.
It shifts and churns, adopting the form of a massive column, before crashing down on Cammy.
Slam: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6
Cammy Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
It slams down painfully, but quickly reforms itself into a octopus-like mass.

Round 2
Belliken
Karthurg
Hank and Cammy
Elemental
Phedran

Round 3
Belliken
Karthurg
Hank and Cammy
Elemental

Phedran


Male NG Half Orc Ranger (Wild Hunter) |HP 16/22| AC 16 Touch 12 Flatfooted 14 | CMB:6 CMD:18| F:5 R:5 W:2 | init+2| perc: +7 | speed 20| Animal Focus 0/2

Leave the camel alone! Karthurg tries to swing the hammer again at the elemental, hoping to have better luck this swing.

Earth breaker: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
damage (B): 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 4) + 9 = 16

Standard action to attack once.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Elf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 2 | HP: 12 / 15 | AC: 16 20 (13 Tch, 1317 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | shortbow+4, mwk morningstar+3 | Acid: 0/7 Bombs: 4/6 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: shield for 2 mins

Just realized that my readied attack was a rolled 20 and possible critical, so I'll attempt to confirm (unless of course it's immune to crits?)

Attack, acid vs. TAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Crit Damage (if applicable): 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

All for nothing, it seems.

Round 2:

Phedran grabs another flask of acid, and tosses it towards the elemental, making sure not to catch his teammates in it.

Attack, acid vs. AC 5: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Splash Damage: 1d1 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


It is indeed immune to crits.
Karthurg's hammer rips through it, and it attempts to reform itself before Phedran's acid is released into the water, and it makes a sound like a vast quantity of water being sucked into a whirlpool. Its form dissolves, leaving behind the reservoir, which now begins to flow normally.


Halfling HP:4/12, AC:10, Fort:+1, Reflex:-1, Will:+3, Init:+3, Per:+3,Lvl1 Spells: 0/5

We should be chargin' more for what we do, slopin' around in the sewers get all nasty like. Yikes what beastly thing that was!


HP: 20/20 * AC 14 * Init +2 * Perception +4 * Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +1 * Senses: Scent, Low Light

Cammy nods respectfully towards Karthug and Phedran.

These folk are real warriors. I love Hank, but, it's good to have some muscle along...


The eastern tunnel splits in two. Drawing closer to it, you can all feel a strange, unsettling thrumming in the air. What sounds like shifting stone debris can be heard faintly from down the southern tunnel.


HP: 20/20 * AC 13, T 11, FF 13 * Initiative +2 * Perception +8 * Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +6 * Wand 8/50

"Uh... anyone see what's making that racket?"

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Grand Lodge

Male LN Elf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 2 | HP: 12 / 15 | AC: 16 20 (13 Tch, 1317 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | shortbow+4, mwk morningstar+3 | Acid: 0/7 Bombs: 4/6 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: shield for 2 mins

"A cave in!? The tunnels look rather sturdy..." Phedran thinks out loud.


The rubble - along with the whole southern tunnel - is coated in a noticeable carpet of dust. Partially caught under the weight of the cave-in are two humanoid figures. A golden mist clings to their skin. The figures are twitching, causing some of the smaller stones to clatter about. A whisper, which sounds more as if it was forcibly pulled from the creature’s lungs than spoken, rasps forth. "Sssooooo… hunnngggryyyy…"


HP: 20/20 * AC 13, T 11, FF 13 * Initiative +2 * Perception +8 * Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +6 * Wand 8/50

Hank rushes forward to dig out the buried people. He's simultaneously reaching into his snack sack. "Hells, do you need a hand? Also I have cookies, jerky, mixed nuts, half a sandwich, some candy..."


Everyone can position themselves on the map.
One of the figures' head snaps up as Hank approaches. Its eyes are glowing the same golden colour as the mist around it. Its skin is pallid and stretched over a thin frame. "Fffresshhh ffflesshhh!" The creatures begin scrabbling at the rocks pinning them in place, attempting to free themselves and devour the living creatures before them.

Ghoul Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Belliken Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Cammy Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Hank Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Karthurg Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Phedran Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Round 1
Phedran
Karthurg
Hank and Cammy
Belliken

Ghouls

Grand Lodge

Male LN Elf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 2 | HP: 12 / 15 | AC: 16 20 (13 Tch, 1317 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | shortbow+4, mwk morningstar+3 | Acid: 0/7 Bombs: 4/6 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: shield for 2 mins

As much as I want to cover them in a hail of acid, I think it's best if I act as more of a support character...

I'll delay for now, let others position themselves before acting.


HP: 20/20 * AC 13, T 11, FF 13 * Initiative +2 * Perception +8 * Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +6 * Wand 8/50

Hank's still not quite sure what to do. He doesn't have Knowledge: Religion.

"Uh, sure, looks like you could use some fresh flesh... I mean, a lil' tap does wonders, Karth'll tell ya."

He draws the Wand of Cure Light and tries to heal the poor wounded soul in front of him...

Touch Attack,: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 191d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 71d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


The ghoul screeches in anger, as Hank's wand seems to cause its skin to char and wither.

Round 1
Karthurg

Hank and Cammy
Belliken
Phedran (delaying)

Ghouls


Male NG Half Orc Ranger (Wild Hunter) |HP 16/22| AC 16 Touch 12 Flatfooted 14 | CMB:6 CMD:18| F:5 R:5 W:2 | init+2| perc: +7 | speed 20| Animal Focus 0/2

Karthurg moves up into the hallway behind Hank, Hank, friend, mind if we switch? Though, that is a nice trick! I thought that thing only healed me.


Round 1
Karthurg
Hank and Cammy
Belliken
Phedran (delaying)

Ghouls


Halfling HP:4/12, AC:10, Fort:+1, Reflex:-1, Will:+3, Init:+3, Per:+3,Lvl1 Spells: 0/5

Oh great another resident of these here sewers up in arms at our presence. Seems we aren't welcome here at all fellows.

Belliken positions himself safely in the back and takes a shot with his crossbow at the one Hank tried to Heal.

Crossbow: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


HP: 20/20 * AC 13, T 11, FF 13 * Initiative +2 * Perception +8 * Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +6 * Wand 8/50

"Uh, sure thing Karth! Just gotta wait 'till I get a chance to step back, then this one is all yours..."

Grand Lodge

Male LN Elf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 2 | HP: 12 / 15 | AC: 16 20 (13 Tch, 1317 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | shortbow+4, mwk morningstar+3 | Acid: 0/7 Bombs: 4/6 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: shield for 2 mins

Phedran sees the crowded hallway, then tosses a vial of acid to the back. "Catch!"

Ranged, acid flask vs. Touch AC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 (target gets +4 to AC from soft cover) - MISS
Misdirection: 1d8 ⇒ 3 (north of target - against wall)

Phedran's aim is a touch off, and the vial actually smashes against the wall beside the ghouls, showering them in acid.

Move: 25'
Standard: Throw Splash Weapon (acid) vs. Ghoul furthest away)
Thankfully, given it's 5' hall, if I missed (which I did, obviously) only a 2 or an 8 would have caught Hank in the splash. The ghouls take the minimum splash damage, which is 1+4 = 5.


Due to the crowded hallway, Belliken is unable to land a shot. However, the shower of acid produced by Phedran's vial showers over the ghouls, causing the closest one to collapse to the ground.
The other ghoul frees itself and clambers over the corpse in front of it, unhinging its jaw unnaturally wide and outstretching its talon-like fingers as it lunges at the nearest target.
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Claw 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Claw 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
It manages to rake its claws across Hank's chest, and he feels some sort of foul energy seep into the wound.
Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
His joints seize up until he is no longer able to move.
Paralyzed for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 rounds

Round 2
Karthurg
Hank and Cammy
Belliken
Phedran

Ghoul

851 to 900 of 967 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Trail of the Apprentice [Private] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.