The Torture Chamber (Everquest RPG PBP)

Game Master Xenh

Abandon all hope, ye who enter the world of Norrath.


1,851 to 1,900 of 2,605 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>

Vah Shir Beastlord and Bast Kejek Tiger

"I would say that yes, this is the manor Khae spoke about. Certainly has a cursed look about it," the vah shir, his words barely louder then an exhale. The vah shir could spy that this place might have once been very nice. Or at least, was intended to be pleasant. The undead and general creepy feeling pretty much crushed that into the obsidian.

Ears flickering as the sounds behind sound a little closer, Sajeek can feel the fur on the back of his neck stand at full attention.

"I think the quicker we get out of the open, the better," the young Beastord whispers, glancing behind them. The thought of skeletons and zombies tripping over vines and roots briefly brought a smile to his face. The thoughts of ghosts and spirits floating over the stumbling undead whipped the smile from his face almost as fast as it had appeared.

"Do we want to try the front doors, or see if we can find a back window or something?" Sajeek whispers. "Cause, the sooner is the better."

ooc:
Will Save (DC 19):1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Despite the oppressive atmosphere, the creepy fog, reaching out with it's tendrils, the almost invisible footing, or the sounds of the damned undead reaching his flickering ears, Sajeek holds his own. The vah shir grinds his teeth, feeling a flash of anger.

"You think your something special, don't ya?" Sajeek almost silently whispers to his surroundings. "Well, here's a surprise for ya. I was the personal torture buddy of the true Lord of Fear, and you are nothing . A pale, flimsy wanna-be." A deep sneer ripples across his muzzle, and his emerald eyes flash darkly. "Don't worry, soon, you'll get to understand real terror," he whispers at the curse. Between the dark look in his emerald eyes, the cold smile that pulls at his muzzle could only be described as nightmare fuel.

Looking at the others, a dark fire burning in his emerald eyes, Sajeek nods calmly.

"Let's go." the vah shir whispers. "We'll go eyeball the front. If it's guarded, then we'll check the back, and the side of the manor as we head to the back." He pauses, ears flickering. "It sounds like we have something in front of us as well. We really don't want to be fighting on both fronts."


Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

Nogglegrop whispers, "I have a spell that can make each of us invisible to undead, but its duration is random like Revery's invisible spell."


Vah Shir Beastlord and Bast Kejek Tiger

"You devious little trickster, you," Sajeek whispers back. "Add that to the reasons I love you. By the way, we missed you," Sajeek looks back at the gnome and grins.


Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

Despite the curse, the water in the gazing pools remains clear and fresh. It is the clarity of the water that allows you to easily see that many bones and other items are lying at the bottom. Most of these items have long since rotted away, now mere shreds of leather, wood and rusted metal. These pools are fed by underground streams, which trickle in through narrow channels near the pool's northern ends, along the outside edge of each. These channels are no more than 1' square.

The front fountain also has a few bones about the area, and you quickly discern why as you feel cold undead eyes peering through the branches of the rough undergrowth in the area. You realize that their vantage point permitted them to see you walk toward them long before you noticed the eerie green light's glow of their empty eye sockets as they land in you midst (no surprise round as they move toward you, initiative).

Two of the creatures have age-blackened bones, and the other has sharp spikes embedded along the outer edges of its body. Despite the skeletons being dead, they are the faster to strike.

Initiatiave: (Round 1)
- (3) Skeletons
- Pravus Mortis

Marching Order: Kwen, Ilina, Nogglegrop, Revery, Gwendalyn, Sajeek, Bast

(please make adjustments to the marching order as needed)

The first two skeletons focus on the first two in your marching order, while the third is much more worrisome, for it specifically picks its target, which shows at least a modicum of intelligence.

Dark-Boned (Kwen)
Claw 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Claw 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Dark-Boned (Ilina)
Claw 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Claw 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Barb-Boned (Revery)
Claw 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Claw 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Cackler: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28

You hear a shrill cackle and jubilant, cruel laughter coming from southwest of your position.

(please include a spot check vs. DC 28 from: Revery, Gwendalyn and Nogglegrop)

Spot (Nogglegrop): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 (fail)

(tag PCs)


Vah Shir Beastlord and Bast Kejek Tiger

"Gwen, you and I nail the one on Rev. It chose him,unlike the other two," Sajeek whispers urgently as he moves forward, drawing his daggers. Fighting with daggers was going to be a new one for him. He should have asked Kwen for pointers. Glancing at the Dragoon's Dirk in his right hand and the Silvered dagger in his left. He really hoped they were going to do the trick.

The vah shir's ears fold half way back at the sound of the shrill crackle. Following on it's auditory footsteps, was the sound of horribly cruel laughter. Any other laughter would seem out of place here. By the sound of this cruel laugh, the owner certainly belonged in this cursed place. They really needed to get out of the open. The sound of battle was only going to end up drawing more undead. Which was not something that they needed right now. 'Or ever, actually,' the vah shir thinks to himself.

Just before he strikes the Barbed Skeleton, Sajeek directs Bast to tackle the black boned attacking Kwen. The Beastlord wasn't overly concerned about the Barbarian warrior woman. At least not yet, she had only taken a few scraps. And had yet to repay the skeleton for attacking her. Kwen looked ready to put his new dirk to good use.

Following his spirit-brothers guidance, Bast moves to attack the Dead-Bones-That-Moved. The tiger chops into the bones that clawed at the quick moving Two-Legged that used two metal fangs.

ooc:
Sajeek moves, draws his daggers and attacks.
Att and Dam:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 181d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4.
Hp: 90/90
AC: 17 (+1 gained from increased Dex. D. Dirk adds +1 to dex)
Bast moves and bites the skeleton attacking Kwen.
Bite:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 131d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Hp: 78/78
AC: 18


Female Barbarian Ilina Warrior

Ilina will full attack the skeleton that clawed her, rapidly swinging thrice with her falchion toward's the skeleton's torso and slamming her elbow once more toward's it's ribcage afterwards. she wasn't as accurate as she could have been, but that was due to the fatigue of being recently ressurected.

ooc:

FRA full attack the skeleton that attacked. reciporocating the assault

HP 122/135

AC 20 Touch 12 FF 18

1d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 32 Falchion Attack 1

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21 falchion attack 2

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22 falchion attack 3

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20 slam attack roll

2d4 + 15 ⇒ (2, 4) + 15 = 21 damage roll 1

2d4 + 15 ⇒ (4, 1) + 15 = 20 damage roll 2

2d4 + 15 ⇒ (2, 4) + 15 = 21 damage roll 3

1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 slam damage

if slam hits, DC 19 fortitude save or dazed for 1 round

Active Buffs

Fleeting Fury (+4 STR/DEX +1 AC)

Totem (+3 STR) (Talisman of the beast)


Barbarian Shaman (Luminary Gwendalyn Shaughnessy the Giant Slayer)

"Just a sec, need to protect him first," she whispers back to Sajeek. The chilling laughter bodes ill, and Gwendalyn rues the need to cast spells -- or that she doesn't know how to do it silently -- but Revery can't take much of that kind of punishment. She heals the enchanter a little, then shields him with Turtle Skin, taking care not to open herself up to an attack from the nearby barb-boned skeleton. Then she calls a blessing of the animal spirits on Ilina, infusing her with Fleeting Fury to make her countrywoman hit harder and dodge better, before pulling out her own trusty old bone-crushing hammer.

Spoiler:
Spot vs. DC 28: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 Failure

FA: Talking
FA: Cast Minor Healing (Revery): 1d10 ⇒ 2
SA: Cast Turtle Skin (Revery) on the defensive
Channeling (Combat Casting) vs. DC 19: 1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 13 + 4 = 19 Success
FA: Cast Fleeting Fury (Ilina)
MA: Draw two-handed hammer

90/90 hp
66/90 mana

Active Spells
Fleeting Fury (+4 Str & Dex, +1 insight AC): Ilina (3 rounds)
Spirit Sight (see invisible plus spirits, even if insubstantial or in solid objects): Gwendalyn, Nogglegrop & Revery (90 minutes from the base of the mountain)
Talisman of the Beast (+3 buff Str): Bast, Gwendalyn, Ilina, Kwen, Nogglegrop & Sajeek (indefinitely)
Turtle Skin (DR 5/–): Revery (90 minutes from the first combat)


male Half Elf Rogue /Markus Vardin Human cleric (Giant Slayer Blackguard Kwenilithmor Eridosan)

Kwen gives a snarl, the 'curse' of the surrounding atmosphere; following the fact that he had just be hit by a bleeding undead. Snapping his right wrist forward the dragoon dirk appearing back in his hand almost by magic. Darting his dirk faster than one could track, the poison gleaming in the air.

ooc:

first attack 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
damage 1d3 + 3 + 4d6 ⇒ (1) + 3 + (6, 6, 3, 4) = 23
Poison DC 23 or take 4d6 points of damage, no secondary effects/
second attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
damage 1d3 + 3 + 4d6 ⇒ (2) + 3 + (2, 6, 3, 5) = 21
poison damage DC 23


HP: 77/81
AC: 19


Revery (Erudite Enchanter) in somnis veritas // Kspress (Iksar Monk) Your pain is the breaking of your shell.

Revery is disappointed that he didn't get a chance to prepare before he was attacked. It all happened so fast, and he just wasn't ready for it.

One skeleton with spikes attacked him and hurt him, so now he has to fight back.

After this attack, Gwen casts a new spell on him as well as a cure, and he feels his skin get thicker and tougher, even under his armor. "Thanks" he whispers, expecting she'll hear him anyways.

Revery steps back a bit and casts his new spell, Tashan, to weaken the creature's resolve, and then he casts a Quickened Minor Shielding on himself, and finally he finishes up with a Chaotic Feedback, cast defensively, on the spiked skeleton attacking him. He hopes these things go down fast...

Spot Check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Tashan (free action, no AOO, 2 mana)
No save, recipient receives -6 Magic Resist, -1 saves versus spells with [Magic] descriptor.
Duration: 9min

Minor Shielding (Quickened, free action, no AOO, 8 mana)
+2 Armor Bonus to AC, +2 buff bonus to HP.
Duration: 90 min

Chaotic Feedback (defensively, [Magic] descriptor, 8 mana)
Channel (DC 18): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21
Victim takes magic damage: 4d8 ⇒ (7, 7, 1, 5) = 20
Random effect: 1d10 ⇒ 9 Victim babbles incoherently, no verbal spells, for one round.
Will Save at -1 for 1/2 damage and no random effect, DC 23.

Active Spells
Tashan on Spikey for 90 rounds.
Minor Shielding (2AC 2HP) on me for 900 rounds.
Turtle Skin (DR 5/-) on me for 900 rounds.

(HP: 54/63, Mana: 144/162, AC 14, DR 5/-)


Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

(all: please include a DC 20 spot check in your next post)

Though Pravus Mortis has an approximate location of the macabre chuckler, there are none among the group that even catches a glimpse. They would feel better knowing that only 3 among them had a chance, considering that they are looking for someone that is invisible.

Nogglegrop employs his mace both to maximal and minimal effect against the undead monstrosity that has targeted their enchanter. Though the first blow is on the money it does absolutely no damage to the skeleton (damage reduction). The cleric stares at his mace as if it had betrayed him, trying not to focus on the reverberations running up his forearm from the too-solid impact.
Mace: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Mace: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Ilina succumbs to the fears that are found in this cursed place, and joins Kwen in a state of unease (shaken condition: -2 morale penalty on attack rolls, checks and saving throws).
Will Save (vs. DC 19): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 (fail)

The warrior's strikes are accurate, each impacting the skeleton's body, but the effects are far from impressive (takes half damage from slashing/piercing weapons, immune to stuns, damage reduction). Its charred teeth flash in the green glow of its malevolent eyes; a horrifying grin.

Gwendalyn provides magical aid to those around her, buoying up her companions and making them more effective combatants.

Revery's spell is effective, but the damage is much less than he expected (magic resistance) and surprisingly the is no secondary effect (no vocal cords).
Will Save (vs. DC 23): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 (fail)

Sajeek catches the barb-boned skeleton with his dagger, and though it is hard to find purchase with a piercing weapon (half damage), the magic within bypasses the thing's natural toughness like it wasn't even there (no damage reduction against +1 weapon or greater).

Bast would be equally effective, but he misses completely.

Kwen effectively stabs the creature twice, but also has the same issue with finding a home, and not sliding between the thing's ribs (half damage for piercing/slashing attacks). Such a creature is also impossible to find its a weakness (no sneak attack damage, no criticals), since it has none.
Fort Save (vs. DC 23): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 (fail)

The results of the poison prove to be most impressive, making the rogue glad that he bought it as half of its rib cage melts away.

(end of round)
(start of new round)

Dark-Boned (Kwen, 29/52 hit points remaining)
Claw 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Claw 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Dark-Boned (Ilina, 49/52 hit points remaining)
Claw 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Claw 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Barb-Boned (Revery, 46/58 hit points remaining)
Claw 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Claw 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

(tag PCs)


Vah Shir Beastlord and Bast Kejek Tiger

Glad to see the Dragoon's Dirk was worth it's weight in gold, Sajeek doesn't waste anymore time. Because they didn't really have lot's of time to spare. If the terrain was so dangerous, he would have told them to get ready to run. They had to worry about twisting ankles and getting caught. The skeletons, not so much.

Moving a step to get a better angle, the vah shir digs into the Barbed Skeleton with his daggers. Sajeek grips the hilts of his dirk and dagger. Tearing into the skeleton like the feral being he is, the Beastlord wonders why he didn't by a club or mace of some kind.

Feeling the urgency that runs through the group like a shared heartbeat, Bast snaps his fangs at the skeleton once again. The big hunting cat lashes out with his paws. The tiger could scent something bad after the two metal fangs had struck the walking bones. It made the tiger eager to dispatch the dead smelling thing and see what his spirit-brother needed.

ooc:
Spot Check (DC 20):1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22. Sajeek takes a 5 foot step to gain flanking with either Gwen or Noggy, then attacks, full out. Attack #1 (Dragoon's Dirk +2 flank):1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 271d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5. Attack #2 (D. Dirk, +2 flank):1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 131d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4. Attack #3 (Silver Dagger, +2 flank):1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 121d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6.
Hp: 90/90
AC: 17 (+1 Dex from D. Dirk)
Bast really tears into the skeleton in front of him, flanking with Kwen. Bite (+2 flank):1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 131d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8. Claw #1 (+2 flank):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7. Claw #2 (+2 flank):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 241d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4.
Hp: 78/78
AC: 18


Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

For all that have attacked the barbed-bone skeleton, you find that the spikes tear into you with each melee attack (damage shield 3 damage each time).

Sajeek sees the damage mounting (6 damage total from damage shield), but he is also seeing wounds accumulating on the creature he is attacking.

One of Bast's claws get through the skeleton's defences (AC 18).

Nogglegrop (69/72 hit points, 104/108 hit points) looks down at his bleeding hand and then back at the skeleton's barbs as if they had betrayed him. He ambles off to the side (5' step) to permit Gwendalyn to swing opposite the beastlord (flanking).

Seeing that he is not having much of an effect he focuses and alleviating a bit of the damage being received.

Minor Healing (Revery): 1d10 ⇒ 8
Minor Healing (Kwen): 1d10 ⇒ 7

Spot (Nogglegrop vs. DC 20): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 (fail)

In the distance, from the west, you hear the "FROOAK" of a creature you have never heard of before. Glancing that way catch a glimpse of a small undead frog-like creature. It is a Shin Froglok Ghoul and it has not caught sight of you yet. Such a creature is native to Kunark, which makes one wonder if undead are being drawn to the place from all across Norrath.

The jack-o-lanterns Ilina saw were wet with sea water, they might have walked under the water all the way from Antonica.

Coming up behind you are more than two voices, though you estimate that they are still scant minutes away.

Successful Spot Check (vs. DC 20):
As you stand near the Front Fountain (#2) you catch a glimpse of reflected metal to the east of you (#17). Staring a bit longer you see that along the east wall, just above the ornamental garden, the vines and moss are concealing a wide archway carved into the stone. It looks to be deep enough for the entire group to get into, and as long as nothing lives in there, this spot would make an excellent place to hide and rest, since the foliage can be draped back over the entrance.


Vah Shir Beastlord and Bast Kejek Tiger

"More incoming!" Sajeek whispers urgently. "I found us a hidey hole to the east, along the wall" the vah shir adds, glancing around the Front Fountain that they were standing near. Sajeek had counted himself very, very lucky that he had noticed the concealed archway. "Everybody focus on the barbed one, then go for the others one at a time." The vah shir ears folded flat at the sound of the croaking.

Growling, the vah shir glanced at his hands, which bore the sting from his wounds. The barbs had poked him every time he got in close and attacked. Sajeek hadn't even noticed at first. The young Beastlord was glad he had sent Bast after one of the other skeletons. Sajeek shuddered at the thought of those nasty barbs piercing the inside of Bast's mouth.

ooc:
Updated Hp: 84/90


male Half Elf Rogue /Markus Vardin Human cleric (Giant Slayer Blackguard Kwenilithmor Eridosan)

Kwen gives a grin at the effect of his poison, sadden by the fact that he would have to spend another whole round re-coating his dagger again. Cursing at the fact that he hadn't purchased a mace or at least a hammer like Gwen's he decides to stab at the skeleton on him; hearing Sejeeks' words he whispers back " Alright good plan." After he had already stabbed the one on him with the Dragoon Dirk twice.

ooc:

to hit with a -2 to hit 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 30
damage + 1 dagger 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
second attack 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 2 + 2 = 21
damage with + 1 dagger 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


HP: 81/81
AC: 19/19

5 ft step closer to the spiky skeleton after full attack action.


Barbarian Shaman (Luminary Gwendalyn Shaughnessy the Giant Slayer)

While healing Revery a little more, Gwendalyn is disconcerted to see the wounds that Noggy and Sajeek have taken from hitting the barb-boned skeleton, and realizes that she needs to make every hit count. Nodding grimly at the gnome taking his place opposite her, she invokes the same blessing on herself that she put on Ilina, before swinging her hammer as hard as she can.

Spoiler:
FA: Cast Minor Healing (Revery): 1d10 ⇒ 3
FA: Cast Fleeting Fury (Gwendalyn)
SA: Attack barb-boned skeleton (two-handed hammer): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 5) + 9 = 17

87/90 hp
62/90 mana

Active Spells
Fleeting Fury (+4 Str & Dex, +1 insight AC): Gwendalyn (3 rounds), Ilina (2 rounds)
Spirit Sight (see invisible plus spirits, even if insubstantial or in solid objects): Gwendalyn, Nogglegrop & Revery (90 minutes from the base of the mountain)
Talisman of the Beast (+3 buff Str): Bast, Gwendalyn, Ilina, Kwen, Nogglegrop & Sajeek (indefinitely)
Turtle Skin (DR 5/–): Revery (90 minutes from the first combat)


male Half Elf Rogue /Markus Vardin Human cleric (Giant Slayer Blackguard Kwenilithmor Eridosan)

Kwen looks around for what ever is making the noise, not paying full attention at the moment, he is occuiped with the undead.

ooc:

forgot to make a spot check in my last post 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 2 = 6

Not sure if I get one this round, but if I do get one.


Revery (Erudite Enchanter) in somnis veritas // Kspress (Iksar Monk) Your pain is the breaking of your shell.

Revery wonders how well his new spell worked, but then realizes his Chaotic Feedback would probably have been even less effective without the Tashan. Gwen's spell on him works nicely, and the attacks on him are not nearly as bad as they could have been.

Now he notices that those attacking Spikey are getting injured, so he casts Mist on Sajeek to help with that (defensively).

They are still standing, so he throws a Tashan at Ilina's skeleton too.

He hears strange noises, and has an image of the group surrounded by hundreds of skeletons, pulling, scratching, killing... Revery's tired eyes are sad.

Mist (defensively, 5 mana)
Channel (DC 19): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38
Recipient gets DR 4/- for 90 minutes

Tashan (free action, no AOO, 2 mana)
No save, recipient receives -6 Magic Resist, -1 saves versus spells with [Magic] descriptor.
Duration: 9min

Active Spells
Tashan on Spikey for 89 rounds.
Tashan on Ilina's Skeleton for 90 rounds.
Minor Shielding (2AC 2HP) on me for 899 rounds.
(Gwen) Turtle Skin (DR 5/-) on me for 899 rounds.
(GWen) Spirit Sight on me for less than 90 minutes.
Mist on Sajeek for 900 rounds

(HP: 57/63, Mana: 137/162, AC 14, DR 5/-)


Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

It took approximately 38 minutes to clamber up the tight confines of the corridor through the shiny rock to get to your current location.

Each of you mark the direction the Sajeek pointed, and while none of you saw exactly what he saw, you are confident you know where to go.

Nogglegrop, focused on the screams and howls coming up from behind them, sidesteps east a bit (5' step) and asks the group to follow suit. This way the could be much closer to the position that the vah shir had seen if this battle ever was won. Skeletons were surprisingly tough bastards. While it would not be ideal to fight in the tight confines of whatever hole Sajeek had seen, at least they would be hidden from casual observation.

Each of the group throws spells and melee weaponry with vicious intent: save one. Ilina, a long stream of drool hanging from her gaping maw, stands there doing absolutely nothing.

(end of round)
(start of new round)

Dark-Boned (Kwen, 21/52 hit points remaining)
Claw 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Claw 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Dark-Boned (Ilina, 49/52 hit points remaining, tashan)
Claw 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Claw 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Barb-Boned (Revery, 37/58 hit points remaining, tashan)
Claw 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Claw 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

(tag PCs)


Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

Nogglegrop (69/72 hit points, 96/108 hit points) looks torn, but casts his spell anyway (invisibility to undead) and runs off to the east with his armoured ass hanging in the winds.

"Berightbackgoingtochecktheplacethatsaj..." The rest is lost as he pumps his legs eastward. You cannot watch for long, since he falls as often as he is upward, as he runs all but blindly with the weeds and vines grabbing at him with each step he takes.

Like Revery, the cleric is about to realize the whimsical durations consistent with these spells, which will have it drop long before he returns to the party.

Duration (General): 1d4 ⇒ 1
Duration (Specific): 1d10 ⇒ 8


Vah Shir Beastlord and Bast Kejek Tiger

"I hope he doesn't find anything," Sajeek mutters to himself. Glancing back at Rev, the vah shir nods. "Thanks for that," he whispers back to the enchanter.

Turning his full attention to the Barbed Skeleton in front of him, Sajeek hacks into it again.

"Remind me to get a club or mace," Sajeek mutters to himself, as glares at the skeleton. He was concerned by the single mindedness of the undead monster. It still was only focusing on Revery. Even with everyone attacking it, or getting ready to attack it, it still had a lack of eyes for only the enchanter.

Growling deep in his throat, Bast attacks once more, tearing away at the unlife that animated these bones. The tiger's ear flicker, almost in annoyance, when he notices that metal Two-Fang was backing away.

ooc:
Full out attack, flanking with Gwen. Att #1 (D.Dirk, +2 flank):1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 191d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6. Att #2 ("):1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 181d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6. Att #3 (Silvered Dagger, +2 flank):1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5.
Hp: 84/90
AC: 17 (+1 from D. Dirk)
Bast nomnomnom and claws as well. Bite:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 101d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9. Claw #1:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 221d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6. Claw #2:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 141d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4.
Hp: 78/78
AC: 18
Sajeek is buffed by Gwen's totem, as is Bast. Mist (DR 4/-) on Sajeek for 90 minutes).


male Half Elf Rogue /Markus Vardin Human cleric (Giant Slayer Blackguard Kwenilithmor Eridosan)

Kwen noticed that the Skeleton had followed his step to the side, so while he decided to stab the skeleton again with the Dragoon Dirk his left hand went to his belt pouch to draw another vial of poison. Kwen takes the attack that had managed to draw blood in stride; he thinks that unstopping the vial and throwing the contents onto the skeleton, if the darn thing won't succumb to the might of the dagger and Bast, that melting the thing down to nothing might just have to be the winning strategy.

ooc:

attacking while flanking with Bast 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 30
damage with Dragoon Dirk 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
second attack 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 2 + 2 = 10
damage 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Quickdraw poison vial.


HP: 74/81
AC: 19/19


Female Barbarian Ilina Warrior

Ilina Swings her Falchion thrice at full force at the Skeleton attacking her, slamming her elbow into it's ribcage at a similar level of force (power attacking for 9)

OOC:

HP 122/135

AC 23 Touch 15 FF 19

1d20 + 20 - 9 ⇒ (3) + 20 - 9 = 14 Falchion Attack 1

1d20 + 16 - 9 ⇒ (13) + 16 - 9 = 20 Falchion Attack 2

1d20 + 12 - 9 ⇒ (18) + 12 - 9 = 21 Falchion Attack 3

1d20 + 18 - 9 ⇒ (5) + 18 - 9 = 14 Slam attack

2d4 + 15 + 13 ⇒ (3, 4) + 15 + 13 = 35 Falchion Damage Roll 1

2d4 + 15 + 13 ⇒ (2, 3) + 15 + 13 = 33 Falchion Damage Roll 2

2d4 + 15 + 13 ⇒ (1, 3) + 15 + 13 = 32 Falchion Damage Roll 3

1d6 + 9 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 9 = 23 Slam Damage; if Slam Hits; DC 19 fort save or Daze for 1 round.

Actives Buffs Fleeting Fury (+4 STR dex/+1 AC, 2nd round, 1 round left)

Talisman of the Beast (+3 Strength)

Spot; 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 10


Revery (Erudite Enchanter) in somnis veritas // Kspress (Iksar Monk) Your pain is the breaking of your shell.

Mist swirls around Sajeek's skin as Revery's spell takes effect. Though it is just mist, it swirls and hardens to protect him when he is struck.

Revery is struck twice more by the nasty barbed skeleton, and tries not to call out in pain. His turtle skin helps.

He watches out of the corner of his eye as Noggy runs off. That may be important, as there seem to be many enemies here.


Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

Nogglegrop continues to pump his little legs, devoting his entire attention to learning whether the beastlord has found a sanctuary, or yet another danger.

The froglok ghoul stops and considers its next move..and then starts hopping right towards Nogglegrop.
Random Direction: 1d6 ⇒ 3 (east)
Random Direction: 1d6 ⇒ 1 (north)

Revery and Gwendalyn sense the movements of a ghost behind the mansion.

Sajeek attacks while considering that Bast, Kwen and Ilina had already ignored his tactical suggestion to gang up on a single undead, and Nogglegrop had run off like a maniac. If it makes him feel better none of the group had heeded the cleric's suggestion to slowly move (5' step) towards where they wanted to go either. The group had come across the ripped and torn warrior's body, and understood the perils of not working together, especially in such a dangerous place where not taking every advantage might be the difference between victory and feeding the weeds with one's rotting flesh. Whatever stratagem the group wished to employ they would see benefit in either working together, or talking amongst themselves on whatever method they felt would be better suited to achieve their mutual ends.

Gwendalyn and Sajeek feel the numbing pain of punctures every time they make contact.

Ilina hits hard, but considering that she is using a non-magical edged weapon, it is little more than scratches.

Kwen had previously thrown the vial of tooth rot (removing 4 damage from previous poison-laced dagger attack, as a contact poison it cannot be applied to a weapon, previous attack was a successful ranged tough attack), and now he stabs forth and with his other hand draws the poison (quick draw) and releases it. The skeleton's ribs melt to almost nothingness, and the skeleton stands on its last legs for but a second before falling into several mismatched and heavily melted pieces.

Fort Save (vs. DC 23): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 (fail)
Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 4, 3) = 17


Female Barbarian Ilina Warrior

Ilina swings thrice again at standard force, hoping to deal damage to the undead creature she had wounded before slamming her elbow into it's ribcage. she seemed to have lousy connection but swinging wildly was working better earlier, noticing she does decently powering through it's bony hide. (power attacking for 9)

Round 3 OOC:

FRA, Full attack and 5 foot step towards the Skeleton that is Facing Revery

HP 122/135

AC 23 Touch 15 FF 19

1d20 + 20 - 9 ⇒ (15) + 20 - 9 = 26 Falchion Attack 1

1d20 + 16 - 9 ⇒ (4) + 16 - 9 = 11 Falchion Attack 2

1d12 + 12 - 9 ⇒ (7) + 12 - 9 = 10 Falchion Attack 3

1d20 + 18 - 9 ⇒ (6) + 18 - 9 = 15 Slam Attack

2d4 + 15 + 13 ⇒ (3, 2) + 15 + 13 = 33 Falchion Damage Roll 1

2d4 + 15 + 13 ⇒ (2, 1) + 15 + 13 = 31 Falchion Damage Roll 2

2d4 + 15 + 13 ⇒ (4, 1) + 15 + 13 = 33 Falchion Damage Roll 3

1d6 + 9 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 9 = 24 Slam Damage

Active Buffs

Fleeting Fury (+4 Strength and Dexterity +1 AC last round)

Talisman of the beast (+3 strength)


Revery (Erudite Enchanter) in somnis veritas // Kspress (Iksar Monk) Your pain is the breaking of your shell.

Revery sees Kwen's skeleton wobbling a bit, and then fall, and a small cheer goes off in his head. He takes a five foot step in the direction Noggy indicated if it's not into another one, then Chaotic Feedback on the spikey skeleton.

Chaotic Feedback (defensively, [Magic] descriptor, 8 mana)
Channel (DC 18): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39
Victim takes magic damage: 4d8 ⇒ (8, 8, 2, 7) = 25
Random effect: 1d10 ⇒ 7 Recipient takes Total Defense and does nothing else.
Will Save at -1 for 1/2 damage and no random effect, DC 23.

Active Spells
Tashan on Spikey for 88 rounds.
Tashan on Ilina's Skeleton for 89 rounds.
Minor Shielding (2AC 2HP) on me for 898 rounds.
(Gwen) Turtle Skin (DR 5/-) on me for 898 rounds.
(GWen) Spirit Sight on me for less than 90 minutes.
Mist on Sajeek for 899 rounds

(HP: 51/63, Mana: 129/162, AC 14, DR 5/-)


Barbarian Shaman (Luminary Gwendalyn Shaughnessy the Giant Slayer)

Gwendalyn has an idea. "Ilina! Over here! Take my hammer! Then everyone follow Noggy!" She heals Revery some, steps toward the warrior, and casts a protective spell on Kwen. It had been a waste, buffing herself when they needed to move; if they got surrounded, they would die.

Spoiler:
FA: Cast Minor Healing (Revery): 1d10 ⇒ 10
FA: 5' step
SA: Cast Turtle Skin (Kwen) on the defensive
Channeling (Combat Casting) vs. DC 19: 1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 13 + 4 = 23 Success
MA: Give away two-handed hammer?

87/90 hp
52/90 mana

Active Spells
Fleeting Fury (+4 Str & Dex, +1 insight AC): Gwendalyn (2 rounds), Ilina (1 round)
Spirit Sight (see invisible plus spirits, even if insubstantial or in solid objects): Gwendalyn, Nogglegrop & Revery (90 minutes from the base of the mountain)
Talisman of the Beast (+3 buff Str): Bast, Gwendalyn, Ilina, Kwen, Nogglegrop & Sajeek (indefinitely)
Turtle Skin (DR 5/–): Revery & Kwen (90 minutes from the first combat)


Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

Revery removes the heavily-damaged barbed-bone skeleton from the picture for a few heartbeats as it stands there unable to be aggressive towards the group. It paces the others, but is very difficult to strike (AC 22 for 1 round).

Will Save (Barbed-Bone vs. DC 23 Chaotic Feedback): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 (fail)

(end of round)
(start of new round)

Dark-Boned (Ilina, 37/52 hit points remaining, tashan)
Claw 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Claw 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Barb-Boned (Revery, 16/58 hit points remaining, tashan, total defence)

(tag PCs)


Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

Ilina continues to swing, only finding contact once, doing little in the way of damage (6 damage inflicted), despite how hard she is swinging. Very few mortal foes would be able to stand against this onslaught, but this is a creature of supernatural power.

Nogglegrop is loud and impossibly slow in his armour (45' per turn) making him the worst scout ever. He works his way around the Front Fountain (#2) to the southern end of the Gazing Pools (#1), which is a good call considering that they are 4' deep and he's only 3'4" tall.

Holdings Map

It is a long run for the gnome, but he's game to find a place of reprieve for his friends. He stops when he sees the ghoul's approach. There is faith in the spell, but this is first time he has ever used it. Nogglegrop stands stock still, not wanting to make any noise at all, as the froglok looks right at him and moves on.

As you watch his little legs pump you are aware how much you need a magical item to increase his speed.


Vah Shir Beastlord and Bast Kejek Tiger

Seeing the skeleton the Kwen and Bast had been battling melt and collapse onto the ground, Sajeek almost cheered out loud. The fog muted the clatter of bones falling to the vines and tangled undergrowth that lay almost hidden from eyesight. Keeping his muzzle shut, the vah shir avoids making any noise, that would have only served to drag more undead to them faster. Which was far, far from ideal.

Sajeek tears into the Barbed Skeleton, giving Bast a call to come to his side.

Hearing his spirit-brothers call, the tiger moves over and bites at the dead bones that Sajeek was fighting. Bast would be in for an unpleasant surprise if he manages to chomps down on the skeleton.

After the vah shir attacks he takes a few steps back from the skeleton.

ooc:
Sajeek attacks, flanking with Gwen, and then takes a 5 foot step back. Attack #1(+2 flank):1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 251d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4. Attack #2(+2 flank):1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 291d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5. Attack #3(+2 flank, silvered dagger):1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5.
HP: 84/90
AC: 17(+1 Dex from Dragoon Dirk
Bast moves and then attacks, flanking (briefly) with Sajeek. Bite:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 211d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11. Claw #11d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 161d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4. Claw #2:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 201d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
HP: 78/78
AC: 18
Active Buffs: Gwen's Totem buff on Both, Mist (4/-) on Sajeek.


male Half Elf Rogue /Markus Vardin Human cleric (Giant Slayer Blackguard Kwenilithmor Eridosan)

Kwen says to the others as he takes a step forward " Acid, avoid touching what I'm throwing." The rogue tosses the vial onto the barb skeleton, getting ready to move and follow Noggy as soon as this thing drops.

Melt:

ranged touch attack on the barbed skeleton 5 ft step if needed to get closer, trying to avoid and AoA 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 - 2 = 19
damage 4d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 5, 2) = 12
Fort Save DC 23 vs Contact (Tooth Rot)



HP: 74/81
AC: 19/19
Turtle Skin Dr 5/- for the next 90 minutes (Gwen)


Revery (Erudite Enchanter) in somnis veritas // Kspress (Iksar Monk) Your pain is the breaking of your shell.

Revery moves about thirty feet toward the gnome, keeping away from Ilina's skeleton. "Run!"

He casts Chaotic Feedback on Ilina's skeleton now.

Chaotic Feedback (defensively, [Magic] descriptor, 8 mana)
Channel (DC 18): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 35
Victim takes magic damage: 4d8 ⇒ (1, 5, 5, 1) = 12
Random effect: 1d10 ⇒ 2 Recipient attacks the nearest creature.
Will Save at -1 for 1/2 damage and no random effect, DC 23.

Active Spells
Tashan on Spikey for 89 rounds.
Tashan on Ilina's Skeleton for 88 rounds.
Minor Shielding (2AC 2HP) on me for 897 rounds.
(Gwen) Turtle Skin (DR 5/-) on me for 897 rounds.
(GWen) Spirit Sight on me for less than 90 minutes.
Mist on Sajeek for 898 rounds

(HP: 61/63, Mana: 121/162, AC 14, DR 5/-)


Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

The moaning voices from behind are uncomfortably close.

Sajeek and Bast work together to destroy the barbed undead, but its defensive shell keeps all but two blows from impacting solidly.

Kwen's third throw is true, barely barely true, and much of the head of the barbed skeleton disintegrates. It barely holds on, though it is sorely wounded (4 hit points remaining).

Fort Save (Barbed-Bone vs. DC 23): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 (fail)
Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 5, 1) = 12

Revery's movements are as hampered as the cleric's, but he moves fast enough to observe the danger. He stops stock still, seeing that he is approaching the ghoul froglok, who has not noticed him yet, nor Nogglegrop who is but 2 paces away. The enchanter's spell causes the undead to dance around looking for its next victim.

Will Save (Dark-Bone vs. DC 23 Chaotic Feedback): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 (fail)

Ilina's skeleton (21/52 hit points remaining) is greatly damaged and continues to attack Ilina who is paler than you have ever seen before. Those closest can see that her eyes are without pupils. She died too close to this cursed place and though she was resurrected, it only bought her a short term reprieve before she joins the ranks of the undead.

Revery sees just how dangerous this spell could be if it causes one of the creatures to run away, for it might bring back all manner of nightmares.


Barbarian Shaman (Luminary Gwendalyn Shaughnessy the Giant Slayer)

"Oh dear." Gwendalyn's eyes widen with a combination of fear, surprise and dismay as Ilina ignores her offer, skin pale and eyes blank. Seeing that the skeleton that had been attacking Revery was barely hanging onto its undeath, the Northwoman moves back and swings her blunt hammer at the spiky foe as hard as she can, but it wards off her blows. "Ugh, we need to get out of here."

Spoiler:
FA: 5' step
SA: Attack barb-boned skeleton (two-handed hammer): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 6) + 9 = 19

87/90 hp
52/90 mana

Active Spells
Fleeting Fury (+4 Str & Dex, +1 insight AC): Gwendalyn (1 round)
Spirit Sight (see invisible plus spirits, even if insubstantial or in solid objects): Gwendalyn, Nogglegrop & Revery (90 minutes from the base of the mountain)
Talisman of the Beast (+3 buff Str): Bast, Gwendalyn, Ilina, Kwen, Nogglegrop & Sajeek (indefinitely)
Turtle Skin (DR 5/–): Revery & Kwen (90 minutes from the first combat)


Vah Shir Beastlord and Bast Kejek Tiger

"Flee to Noggy!" Sajeek whispers urgently to Gwen and Kwen. He had just glanced over at the Barbarian warrior. She was pale as the dead and her eyes were white, filmed with death. The vah shir's ears were folded flat against his skull. The curse was dreadfully powerful, corrupting Noggy's divine magics like that. Even though the woman had been raised from the dead, undeath still sought her out like a bloodhound. A shudder trips down his spine, leaving his tail lashing back and forth.

With a few whispers in combine, Sajeek gets Bast's attention, the big tiger breaking his glare from the skeleton. Following the vah shir's lead, the two back away from the battling undead. Sajeek wanted to put some distance between the newly undead barbarian warrior. While the big sword that she useddidn't work to well on bones, it would work all to well on flesh.

The pair make their way to Noggy and Revery as quickly as they can on the treacherous footing. The fog sought to hamper them as much as possible, almost as if was after them as well. This cursed place was not for the living. Here, they were the intruders. The chilling, unearthly moaning that was getting ever closer seemed to echo that very thought.


Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

(end of round)
(start of new round)

The remaining skeleton squaring off against Ilina suddenly stops its attack in mid-swing, seeming momentarily confused. Its malevolent eyes fix on the group as it continues its attack against the departing shaman (5' step).

Dark-Boned (Gwendalyn, 21/52 hit points remaining, tashan)
Claw 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Claw 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Gwendalyn removes the animation from the barbed bone, sending it back to whatever torturous hell it spawned from.

Ilina stands like a puppet with its strings cut. Her deadly falchion held loosely in her bloodless flesh. Suffice to say this cursed place is not an ideal location to pass away. She was a good woman, and will never be again, but you can release her from walking eternally if you remove the curse of this place. Her head snaps up, and none of the closest have any doubts that she is no longer a member of the team, so to speak. She performs a pre-fight routine of wiping her blood onto her face and prepares to give chase.

As you get closer to Revery you come to understand that he is stock still, working to not make his presence known to the ghoul. The froglok wanders off, leaving the path open. Revery and Nogglegrop see a small bloody plate-clad arm pierce the vines and weeds of the hide and the armoured hand beckons for them to hurry the f@*+ up.

Gwendalyn, Bast and Sajeek can hear how close the moans are behind them (will arrive in one round) and really don't want to meet the flying undead.

(tag PCs)


Vah Shir Beastlord and Bast Kejek Tiger

"Head towards the hiding spot near the east wall, don't stop to fight!" Sajeek whispers loudly. The sight of Ilina glaring at them and the sound of the ghostly moaning was almost upon them.

"I think Nogg is heading towards the hiding spot along with Rev! Run!" Sajeek whispers over his shoulder as he runs.


Revery (Erudite Enchanter) in somnis veritas // Kspress (Iksar Monk) Your pain is the breaking of your shell.

"Is that Jinx?" whispers Revery, just before he runs to the beckoning finger. Before entering the foliage, he stops to look back at the others. Ilina seemed doomed, but Revery is worried for Swen and Gwen, and Bast too.


male Half Elf Rogue /Markus Vardin Human cleric (Giant Slayer Blackguard Kwenilithmor Eridosan)

Kwen groans, now that they just finished the first batch, more are on the way, the rogue thinks to himself; following the trail of Sajeek's body heat; Kwen tries to keep up, knowing that to tarry behind would spell doom.


Barbarian Shaman (Luminary Gwendalyn Shaughnessy the Giant Slayer)

Gwendalyn flees with the others, unwilling to wait a moment longer, even with a skeleton in her face. Let it swing at her; better that than to be caught out in the open with what was coming.


Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

You are caught in a nightmare as you move in slow motion, falling as much as not, skinning knees, elbows and hands (7 nonlethal damage suffered each). Each unclean wound stings much worse than it normally should. It is as if the air is thick, and you expect to be set upon at each moment. Though there is a chase it has as much problems navigating the expanse as you do.

Along the east wall, just above the ornamental garden, the vines and moss conceal an Abandoned Tunnel (#17) a wide archway carved into the stone. Pulling aside the plants reveals a wide, semicircular alcove, roughly 40' across and 20' deep. At the back of the alcove is a passageway, roughly 8' high and 6' across - big enough for a broad shouldered barbarian warrior in heavy gear. Clearly, at some point in the past, someone had started to chisel a new entrance or exit to the estate. The tunnel extends only about 30', though, before ending suddenly; it has not collapsed, but simply looks as if the builder gave up on the endeavour.

This spot makes an excellent place to hide and rest, since the foliage can be draped back over the entrance, as the bloodstained Jinx does once the last of the group make it inside. The white flames flicker 'neath the shiny black stone, giving a soft glow to the hide.

The glow reveals the destroyed body of a jack-o-lantern. One of the duo that killed Ilina the first time actually. Jack-o-lanterns are human-sized figures made of twigs, straw, old clothes, and a pumpkin head that have been animated by an undead spirit. Some are actual scarecrows that have been possessed; others form out of pumpkin patches on moonless nights. All jack-o-lanterns can be distinguished from normal scarecrows by the bright yellow light that shoots forth from their carved faces, shining far more brightly than would a candle.

Sajeek recognizes that the reflected metal he saw was a jack-o-lantern's green glowing eyes off of the halfling's armour. The undead monster lies dead at your feet, but it has killed the halfling (6/126 hit points remaining) for all but half of Jinx' volume of life's blood lies in a puddle where the he was leaning against the entrance to the abandoned tunnel.

Though you have seen Jinx in battle before, you have never seen a battle lust like this (berserking, +2 to melee attacks/damage/AC).

Before you can exchange pleasantries the skeleton and Ilina launch through the vines and moss to continue the melee. Her white eyes linger on the jack-o-lantern corpse a second longer than anything else before she attacks.

Initiative:
- Group
- Ilna, Skeleton

It takes not a split second for all to realize that Ilina has succumbed to her previous jack-o-lantern wrought injuries. Nogglegrop's spell merely bought her a few more days, but the reprieve is too short for the young barbarian.

(tag PCs)


male Half Elf Rogue /Markus Vardin Human cleric (Giant Slayer Blackguard Kwenilithmor Eridosan)

" Noggy see what you can do to help keep Jinx on his feet, the last thing we need is him dying and coming back for us. Gwen, we will try to box these two in, right now your hammer will be useful to say the least, I'm running low on poisons, and will use them if needed." Kwen says in a low voice above a whisper trying to keep his voice down, for the last thing that he wanted was more undead, but if needed he would try and get as many boxed into a kill zone.

ooc:

quickdraw Dragoon Dirk and throwing a Kurki

Skeleton

Kurki 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 12 - 2 = 11 Crit fail
damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Dragoon Dagger 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 2 = 6
damage 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Kwen's left hand moves far to quick and losses the kurki, having it land blade first right into his foot, luckily it bounced off the spell that Gwen had cast on the rogue, not getting through the Turtle Skin.


HP before the AoO: 74/81
AC: 19/19

After AoO:
HP: 44/81
AC: 19/19


Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

Nogglegrop (69/72 hit points with 7 nonlethal damage, 85/108 mana) glances at the wounds of each of his friends in turn, before recognizing that the halfling is literally bleeding to death before them. He starts to take a couple steps back, but the space is too crowded, so he simply launches two spells in rapid succession, paying attention to not open himself up to a dangerous counterstrike (casting defensively), and though the first is familiar, the second is not. In the gnome's hand a cats eye agate simply turns to dust.

Minor Healing (Jinx): 1d10 ⇒ 9
Symbol of Transal (Jinx): 7d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2) = 15
Defensive Casting (Symbol of Transal): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21 (sucess)

Jinx (30/141, berserking) absolutely launches himself at Ilina, meeting her at the entrance, and though his weapon was not in his hand a second prior, it seems to simply appear there (quick draw). Though he has fallen into the blood rage there is less sanity than any might imagine after the jack-o-lantern got a hold of him (4 WIS damage).

Wisdom Check: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3 (critical failure, epic homicidal rampage, full power attack)

You see no evidence that the halfling let you in to save you, and are starting to wonder if he let you in to slaughter you. His slow beckoning for you to come sends a shiver down your spine. Luckily for you Ilna represents a much larger target to test his skills against.

EarthBreaker 1: 1d20 + 22 - 9 ⇒ (18) + 22 - 9 = 31
Damage: 1d8 + 18 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 18 + 13 = 38

Jinx might not come back from sinking so deeply into madness.

EarthBreaker 2: 1d20 + 14 - 9 ⇒ (19) + 14 - 9 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 18 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 18 + 13 = 35

The undead Ilna has seen better days (36/135 hit points, -2 AC for charge). Though she has risen, she shows no signs of having the innate resistances of other undead.

Nogglegrop gulps as he watches the insane halfling work, wondering if he made a horrific mistake in healing him.


Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

Kwen had launched the kukri in melee range (incur an AoO), which was a really bad idea, and though the skeleton misses, Ilna does not.

AoO Falchion: 1d20 + 20 - 9 ⇒ (14) + 20 - 9 = 25
Damage: 2d4 + 15 + 13 ⇒ (2, 4) + 15 + 13 = 34

AoO Claw 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Barbarian Shaman (Luminary Gwendalyn Shaughnessy the Giant Slayer)

Gwendalyn doesn't have time to wonder how Jinx came to be here; she hardly has time for anything before the remaining skeleton and the freshly undead barbarian burst in, hot on her heels. She doesn't even have time to advise the little berserker to hit Ilina first when he does it anyway, with an incredible, eye-widening ferocity. However, Gwen has fought with many warriors -- including her own brother, Tudan -- and she's seen them go nuts when heavily wounded, so she expects this to be a simple matter of healing the halfling. Though she might come to regret it, the thought is no sooner formed than put into action.

Spoiler:
FA: Cast Minor Healing (Jinx): 1d10 ⇒ 8
SA: Cast Light Healing (Jinx) on the defensive: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 2, 3) = 15
Channeling (Combat Casting) vs. DC 18: 1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 4 = 25 Success

76/90 hp & 7 nonlethal
45/90 mana

Active Spells
Spirit Sight (see invisible plus spirits, even if insubstantial or in solid objects): Gwendalyn, Nogglegrop & Revery (90 minutes from the base of the mountain)
Talisman of the Beast (+3 buff Str): Bast, Gwendalyn, Ilina, Kwen, Nogglegrop & Sajeek (indefinitely)
Turtle Skin (DR 5/–): Revery & Kwen (90 minutes from the first combat)


Vah Shir Beastlord and Bast Kejek Tiger

Sajeek blinked in confusion at the sight of Jinx once he and Bast had it into the abandoned tunnel. He doesn't know what to say as the halfling lowers the curtain of overgrowth so that the entrance was hidden once more. His emerald eyes glance over the remains of the strange thing that had once been animated up the spirit of undeath. The vah shir followed the trail of blood, briefly wondering how Jinx was still standing.

Watching as Noggy heals the fierce halfling warrior, Sajeek has a few moment to eyeball the tunnel. He takes the second to heal some of the scraps and cuts he received on the run in here (Minor Healing:1d10 ⇒ 8).

The vah shir would have had the time to look around had the undead barbarian and her new skeleton friend rudely burst into their hiding spot. 'We need to dispatch these two before the sounds of battle draw more undead,' he thinks, already knowing the other would be thinking the same things.

Sajeek and Bast move snap into motion. Heading for the larger threat, they each take a few steps to get closer to the freshly undead warrior.

ooc:
After tossing a quick minor Healing on Jinx, 1d10 ⇒ 1, Sajeek takes a 5 step and attacks the undead barbarian, flanking with Bast (or Jinx). #1 Dragoon Dirk (+2 flank):1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 261d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4. #2 D.Dirk (+2 flank):1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 131d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4. #3 Silvered Dagger (+2 flank):1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 131d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5.
Hp: 90/90
AC: 17 (+1 Dex from Dragoon Dirk)
Mana: 46/50
Bast moves to attack, flanking with Sajeek (or whomever). Bite (+2 flank):1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 201d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9. Claw #1 (+2 flank):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 141d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6. Claw #2 (+2 flank):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 241d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6.
Hp: 78/78; 7 nonlethal
AC: 18
Buffs: Gwen's totem on Sajeek and Bast; Mist on Sajeek.


Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

Dark-Boned (Gwendalyn, 21/52 hit points remaining, tashan)
Claw 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Claw 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Even in undeath Ilna (32/135 hit points, no buffs) is a force to be reckoned with. Her falchion flashes thrice, finding armour nonce, and her shoulder bounces off of the halfling's armoured body with teeth-jarring force.

Falchion 1: 1d20 + 17 - 2 - 9 ⇒ (5) + 17 - 2 - 9 = 11
Damage: 2d4 + 11 + 14 ⇒ (4, 3) + 11 + 14 = 32
Falchion 2: 1d20 + 13 - 2 - 9 ⇒ (3) + 13 - 2 - 9 = 5
Damage: 2d4 + 11 + 14 ⇒ (2, 3) + 11 + 14 = 30
Falchion 3: 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 2 - 9 = 3
Damage: 2d4 + 11 + 14 ⇒ (3, 2) + 11 + 14 = 30
Slam: 1d20 + 15 - 2 - 9 ⇒ (13) + 15 - 2 - 9 = 17 (DC 19 Fort Save vs. Daze for 1 round)
Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 9 = 18

Jinx (54/141 hit points) raises his head and screams, something you are not a fan of, considering where you are, something intelligible in zombie-Ilna's face.

(end of round)
(start of new round)

(tag PCs)


Vah Shir Beastlord and Bast Kejek Tiger

"Jinx, keep it down!" Sajeek hisses quietly at the halfling. Glancing at the small warrior, his eyes widen, realizing that he is raging. Cursing under his breathe, Sajeek debates on the wisdom of healing him once more. Since Jinx had been the reason he had seen the hidey hole, and had waved them in, his mind was made up. Within a heartbeat, the young Beastlord had tossed a little bit of healing energy Jinx's way. The vah shir attacks the undead barbarian once more, hoping to drop her quickly.

Bast's ears flatten against his skull, as he growls low in his throat. The metal skin of the newly dead bounced his attacks off like they were a kitten's. Digging his hind claws into the ground, the big tiger attacks once more.

ooc:
Sajeek's Minor Healing:1d10 ⇒ 2 HP back to Jinx. Then he attacks, flanking with Bast or Jinx (+2 attack). Dragoon Dirk #1:1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 331d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5. D.Dirk #2:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 141d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5. Silver dagger:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6.
Hp: 90/90
Mana: 46/50
AC: 17 (D.Dirk +1 dex)
Bast attacks, flanking with Sajeek or Jinx (+2 att). Bite:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 161d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13. Claw #1:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 111d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4. Claw #2:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 131d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4.
Hp: 78/78; 7 nonlethal
AC: 18
Buffs: Gwen's totem on Sajeek and Bast; Mist on Sajeek.


Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

Sajeek tears another spigot of blood forth from Ilna's side. A split second later he has to duck as a small earthshaker collapses Ilna's skull in upon itself, splattering the closest with her grey matter, cerebrospinal fluids and blood.

Wisdom Check (Jinx): 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (4) - 4 = 0

EarthBreaker 1: 1d20 + 22 - 9 ⇒ (19) + 22 - 9 = 32
Damage: 1d8 + 18 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 18 + 13 = 36

Jinx (56/141 hit points. 3 temporary WIS damage), complete with frothing blood-flecked spittle, glances about for his next victim.

Random: 1d9 ⇒ 2 (Bast, Dark-Boned, Ilina Corpse, Jack-O-Lantern Corpse, Gwen, Kwen, Nogglegrop, Revery, Sajeek) (dark-boned skeleton)

Seemingly at random the tiny fighter launches an attack at the remaining undead in the room, shattering it into 3 dissimilar pieces with one swipe of his hammer.

EarthBreaker 2: 1d20 + 22 - 9 ⇒ (12) + 22 - 9 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 18 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 18 + 13 = 36

Nogglegrop (69/72 hit points with 7 nonlethal damage, 73/108 mana) works to try to understand what is going on. By piecing together what Ilina had reported of the jack-o-lantern's attack, and comparing it with the halfling's actions, he is finally able to take a step back, thanks to Jinx charging forward (5' step) and launches a spell.

Wisdom Check (Nogglegrop): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 (success)

Lifeforce (Jinx): 1d4 ⇒ 3 (all Wisdom damage repaired)

The halfling drops his hammer and falls to his hands and knees trying to shake off the homicidal rage that had taken over. A few seconds later he spits out a wad of foamed blood and says, "Lovely place. New summer home?" His voice, though laboured, appears to show that he is fully in control of his faculties.

(end of combat)

Three undead bodies have joined you in your new hide, and the halfling's scream appears to have blended with the wails of the undead, for no one has come in search of the sound.

After searching the bodies you come up with:
- 100 platinum pieces
- 3 gold pieces
- backpack
- belt pouch
- waterskin
- flint and steel
- 10 days rations
- cold weather clothes
- masterwork spiked full plate
- masterwork falchion
- masterwork shadewood composite bow mighty +5
- 4 quivers with 117 combined arrows
- scalemail armour

Of interest is that though the ground and walls are all the same obsidian with white flames inside, the chipped off rocks are all stone. You can match several of the stones to the obsidian, which is confusing.


Vah Shir Beastlord and Bast Kejek Tiger

"Glad to see your back," Sajeek says with a grin. He was still speaking at whisper level. Looking at the body of the barbarian, he swallows, thinking that could have been one of them. Reaching down carefully, the vah shir picks up the corpse. Very mindful of the spikes, but bolstered by Rev's magics, he moves the corpse away from the entrance. As long as the heavy armor didn't drag along the stone, he was a happy kitty.

Carefully setting down the corpse, Sajeek gets about half way back to his friends and stops, sliding off his back pack. Crouching down, the vah shir digs out the flask that Khae had given him. Waving everyone down to him, he sits on his haunches for a moment. Bast pads over almost before Sajeek finishes whispering his name.

Unscrewing the cap to his flask, he takes a shot, relishing the burn down. Looking at his warder, Sajeek grins and shakes his head "no" at Bast's curious sniff of the flask. He looks at Jinx and grins.

"Buy you a drink sailor," the vah shir chuckles, offering Jinx a hit from the flask. He offers a hit to the rest of his friends as well as they amble over.

"Well, you remember all that talk of us starting a town? This is what we are planning to use," the vah shir pauses. "After a little cleaning and curse removal that is." Sajeek smiles at how mad their plan sounded. Pusing for a moment, Sajeek digs his empty waterskin out of his pack.

"Umm, Noggy, I don't suppose you would mind praying for a bit of water. After we get Jinx taken care of, I mean," Sajeek looks at his friend and grins at the gnome.

1,851 to 1,900 of 2,605 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Torture Chamber (Everquest RPG PBP) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.