The Torture Chamber (Everquest RPG PBP)

Game Master Xenh

Abandon all hope, ye who enter the world of Norrath.


2,051 to 2,100 of 2,605 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>

Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

Cuts will be normative trying to slide quickly through the window (2d6 each for no armour, 1d6 for light armour, no damage for heavier armour). Luckily there is enough room for several people to get through at once, though the halfling and gnome will need boosts to get through, unless they are good jumpers like Bast (must clear 4').

You see no beings in the yard at this time.

Time presses, they will get through in seconds (1 action remains).


Shrugging, Jinx moves back to the windows, covering the others until they can get out.


male Half Elf Rogue /Markus Vardin Human cleric (Giant Slayer Blackguard Kwenilithmor Eridosan)

Kwen lets an annoyed sigh escape his lips, this gnome was trying the rogues patience, along with all the other undead to say the least. How ever he must have restored his health wouldn't matter to Kwen, he will be bleed dry and the fact that the rogue now has another poison then goes through the window, not too worried about getting cut, by knowing that this was going to be a long drawn out process with the gnome and the other undead.
" I'll go first we should discuss on the move where we should go next." The rogue says in a low voice, then hops up and through, tumbling into a crouch at the last second.

tumble check 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 12 - 2 = 25
jump check if needed 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 2 = 10


Revery (Erudite Enchanter) in somnis veritas // Kspress (Iksar Monk) Your pain is the breaking of your shell.

As soon as Revery hears the voice, he casts a quickened Minor Shielding on himself (8 Mana, 2 temp HP) as he had been thinking about doing it earlier.

Then he follows Kwen out the window, trying not to cut his hands, leveraging his silk armor but most of all, hurrying up so that he and others can get outside quickly.

(HP: 72/70, Mana 172/180)


Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

Nogglegrop moves to the window and accepts the first push, getting only so far as his abdomen (no damage) before twisting around and powdering the shards of stained glass to offer everyone else a hand up and out (+2 aid another to any roll). He urges the short-legged Jinx to come so he can help him out, since the others can get out without trouble on their own.

Revery's comparatively clumsy movements stand in start contrast to the rogue's slippery dive. The silk armour (light armour) gets caught up and fouled in the stained glass, leaving large droplets of blood on the sill, while Kwen seems to magically pick a spot in between shards and simply leaps through (no damage).

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Bast easily leaps through the window, but he pays for it (no armour) with a long jagged line of red running down his side.

Jump: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 = 21 (success)
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7

Sajeek works his way through without any trouble (light armour), but his hands have seen better days.

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Jinx is able to bypass any injury (heavy armour, no damage)

The last of the group drops to the ground mere seconds before the door collapses inwards. Heads come near the windows, but none see you, or hear you since your hearts have all but stopped beating from fright. From the noises within, mostly a gnome's screaming you have all escaped into the basement. It is a match made in heaven, since whatever is down there is a nightmare in its own right. Hopefully the two groups slaughter each other. Either way Khrix is never seen near the manour again after this encounter.

Straight ahead of you is the way out of this nightmare, if you choose to end it now. Otherwise the graveyard (#10) is sound of you, and the ghost southwest (#13).

No matter what the group does, whatever manner of monster that cackled earlier stood near/within the hedge maze, to the west of the manour, so the group would be wise to avoid that area altogether.


Barbarian Shaman (Luminary Gwendalyn Shaughnessy the Giant Slayer)

Things were going surprisingly well -- which was starting to make her nervous -- when Khrix showed up and set things back to as messed up as usual. Gwendalyn is about to suggest that they try the unmapped stairs down to the basement in the office (#7), when Sajeek thinks outside the box and sends them out through the shattered chapel windows instead. The flip side of armor light enough to sleep in is that it doesn't really protect all that well from sliding over broken glass, but her cuts are as nothing when she hears the necromancer heading downstairs, just like she would've done.

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Exploring the manor was far from a complete loss; they learned the nature of the curse, saw the desecration, and even obtained some useful magic items. However, it didn't get them what they needed, which was for the curse to be lifted. Perhaps it was time to be more systematic. Gwendalyn considers the ornamental gardens to the east (#7); before, they'd caught glimpses of a gazebo (#8) in the middle, so she hefts Ilina's fine falchion and gestures questioningly at the hostile greenery. They could maybe chop their way in and out fast; and the single zombie that they saw earlier would hardly be much of an obstacle, as long as they re-killed it quietly.

Spoiler:
97/103 hp
68/100 mana

Active Spells
Inner Fire (+1 insight AC, +3 buff hit points): Gwendalyn, Kwen & Revery (100 minutes)
Spirit of Wolf (base speed +50%): Jinx & Nogglegrop (100 minutes)
Spirit Sight (see invisible plus spirits, even if insubstantial or in solid objects): Gwendalyn, Kwen & Revery (100 minutes)
Talisman of the Beast (+3 buff Str): Bast, Gwendalyn, Jinx, Kwen, Nogglegrop & Sajeek (indefinitely)


Jinx grabs Noggy's hand and scampers out of the window just as the doors come crashing in. Checking to make sure everyone else is OK, he looks up and says, "Welp, if we had any sense, we'd get out of here now, but it's us, so I say we go try to find this ghost. It's supposed to be the spirit of the dwarf, right? Maybe he knows something we don't about how to get to this lich or how to remove the curse from the manor. Question is, would he be willing to share it with us?"

Climb: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 16


Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

Heavy footfalls pounding on iron can be heard, suggesting that at least a goodly portion of the pursuit has moved down into the basement. Hopefully the denizens of the basement will keep them busy for hours hence.

Gwendalyn, pouring blood out of 4 relatively deep cuts in her shins and one palm, learns very quickly not to buff Jinx with the spirit of the wolf, for he is as fast as any of the "walking trees" that peoples this party, even wearing such heavy armour.

No one wanted to comprehend the mayhem someone named "Jinx" could do with that much speed.

  • Ghost...
  • Grave...
  • Systematic exploration...
  • Running and never returning...

    Decisions abound. You are not safe here, and only have found a momentary reprieve. You need to move quickly and with unified precision....NOW!


  • Vah Shir Beastlord and Bast Kejek Tiger

    The vah shir looks at the exit for a few long seconds. He wanted to beat feet and flee so badly. Not that would really help anything. They'd probably be slain on the way out. And would cause the deaths of all the dwarves that would arrive in a little more then a weeks time.

    Sajeek gnaws on his lower lip as he starts moving. As he and Bast start moving, the Beastlord quietly asks for healing aid from the spirits. Touching Bast's side first, he heals himself second. The vah shir looks around, remembering the horrible battle that had raged to the west, on the other side of the manor. He thinks about the gardens and then the commotion that the necromancer stirred up. Glancing at the long slash on Bast's side, he frowns slightly and heals his warder once more.

    "Let's head towards the graveyard (#10) and peek around where that battle took place (#13/#14). Avoiding whatever made that cackling noise," Sajeek whispers as they start off. "We can either loop around the manor or come back this way. For now, I want to keep moving while their distracted." Sajeek motions inside the chapel with his head. He moves in a crouch past the rest of the windows.

    ooc:
    Minor Healing x 3. Bast:1d10 ⇒ 1. Sajeek:1d10 ⇒ 6. Bast #2:1d10 ⇒ 10.
    Sajeek Hp: 100/100
    Mana: 52/60
    Bast Hp: 78/78


    Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

    You glide southward, mostly moving away from the broken stained glass windows, in case someone peeks their head out.

    Ornamental Gardens (#7)
    Expert hands have grown these plants in a large circular area that has long since been taken over by weeds. They have pushed up brick walkways, making them uneven, cracking the brick in several places, and they have throttled most of the regular flowers. Those few plants which still produce blooms are generally dangerous, using their pretty petals to entice and trap insects or even small animals. Vines twist from one plot to the next, wrapping around fence posts and creating thick tangles that even a stout axe would have difficult cleaving. Most of the fence posts have long since fallen or crumbled, or have been pulled out altogether, shards of wood littering the ground all about.

    A decision will need to be made as to which direction to go. It is two votes for finding the ghost, and one for searching everything, so the group continues to glide southward.

    Graveyard (#10)
    At the centre of the south wall, a rectangular plot has been marked off with a low wooden fence, which now stands in terrible disrepair. The ground is thick with weeds, but no trees, and several misshapen mounds are visible beneath the plants. Imagining what might be waiting to come out of one of those mounds, considering what you have seen wandering the grounds, is something that would play the central figure of anyone's nightmares.

    These grounds bring a different perspective when you can imagine "The Grim" out here digging up bodies for his unholy ceremony.

    Staring at the mounds for a few seconds reveals much...

    (please include a DC 15 spot check and a DC 8 listen check in your next post)


    Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

    Nogglegrop slides his head to the end of his neck's limits. He heard something, a soft moaning, and points to one of the mounds.

    Spot: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 (fail)
    Listen: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 (success)

    As you stand staring at the distant views you are aware just how many undead there are in the yard around you. A quick count comes up with 11 of all different sorts.


    Vah Shir Beastlord and Bast Kejek Tiger

    Sajeek looks around again as they make it to the graveyard. He shudders at the sight of the dug up graves. As he glances back behind into the yard, his emerald eyes shift around quickly. There were way too many thing wandering (or floating) that were all to eager to remove them from the mortal coil. He tried not to think about the dark elf "Grim" desecrating all of graves to make a mockery of the chapel.

    Bast flicks his ears and leans agains Sajeek slightly as the big cat looks around. The tiger didn't seem comfortable out in the relative openness of the graveyard. Of course, it could be the grounds itself.

    ooc:
    Spot check (DC 15):1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11. Listen (DC 8):1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15. Bast Spot check (DC 15):1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10. Listen Check (DC 8):1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6.


    Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

    Bast stares off into space, perhaps pondering things beyond the mortal ken, or simply stuck in a mental vacuum, either way it is only Sajeek that hears something, but while he focuses on one mound, he realizes it is a different one than Nogglegrop is pointing at.

    There are things living 'neath the soil, and they sound a lot like the zombies you've seen before.


    Vah Shir Beastlord and Bast Kejek Tiger

    Sajeek emerald eyes go very wide. He stops dead and then very slowly, looking downward. He lifts his head back up to look over at the others.

    "Oh s+~@," the Beastlord whispers. "Okay, new plan. We get the hells out of the graveyard and check over their." The vah shir points at (#13).

    Pointing down at the ground, he shakes his head.

    "I think there are a bunch of rotters trying to get out, directly underneath us."


    Jinx looks up at the Vah Shir as the rumbling grows louder. "Sounds better than here." Turning to the full group he whispers harshly, "Move it!" He waits half a beat to make sure the others start moving and then follows them out.

    Spot and Listen:
    Spot vs DC 15: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (12) - 4 = 8
    Listen vs DC 8: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (14) - 4 = 10


    Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

    Jinx also hears the noise from under a mound, and like the others can hear the noises from other mounds.

    One mound off to the side makes no noise.


    Vah Shir Beastlord and Bast Kejek Tiger

    Glancing at his feet, Sajeek takes a deep breathe and takes a page from Kwen's novel. The vah shir points for Bast to wait and then, he begins sneaking to the silent mound. Or so he hopes.

    ooc:
    Hide check:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26. Sneak:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


    Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

    Sajeek picks his way among the moving mounds, only realizing their movement when he is nearly atop them, having to stop as often as he moves, for his presence is rilling up the denizens of the deep. A pale hand, more ligaments and bone than flesh claws to the surface, but then stops for a moment.

    It had nearly blindly grabbed the vah shir's ankle.

    Those that are left behind hold their breath with each close call, feeling useless to help their friend, but knowing that one misstep would launch them all into combat.

    Time was the enemy for they wanderers of the grounds could stumble upon them at any moment.

    Sajeek kneels down to the only mound that no sound emanates from, nor any movement. Of interest is that the weeds do not approach this one, nor are any of the other mounds butted up next to it.


    Revery (Erudite Enchanter) in somnis veritas // Kspress (Iksar Monk) Your pain is the breaking of your shell.

    "Why, oh why, can't people remain properly dead once that state is achieved? What's the point of making all that mess and smell that comes with rising again?" Revery whispers. The noises have his attention, and his mind's eye sees all manner of nasty creature rising out of the earth. The entire graveyard is moving, like a blanket with worms under. He is not sure if this is real or not, so he shakes his head hard. The worms pause, for him, he is sure.

    Listen Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
    Spot Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

    Revery's eyes follow Sajeek, and he thinks of the grave occupant that was not liberated.

    (HP: 66/70, Mana: 172/180, Minor Shielding)


    Vah Shir Beastlord and Bast Kejek Tiger

    Looking down at the mound, Sajeek kneels down carefully. With cupped hands, the vah shir begins to scoop dirt away from the undisturbed mound. He glances back at the others, half wondering why he was desecrating the grave of a holy person.

    "I really hope your in a good mood to be woken up," Sajeek whispers to the dirt.


    Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

    Revery is the only one that sees the movements and is able to direct Sajeek away from certain death with a well-timed clearing of his throat and follow-up point.

    Sajeek finds a body, but unlike all of the others this one is still and has rotted down to its bones. It wears rotten priest's garb, and he quickly deduces that this in fact the priest of Quellious Ayernosh. This is the man that built the first shrine on this site centuries before. The ground is still holy, and no undead my touch it - most do not even realize the priest might be buried here, as their tainted minds refuse to acknowledge the presence of such a blessed site.

    Just below the surface of the grave is a flat gray-white marble slab, a foot square, weighing 25 pounds, with a 1" diameter star sapphire embedded seamlessly at its centre.

    Sajeek feels eyes on him, but like the malevolent attentions as of late, these are more likely those of a deity. It is a pressure that he cannot rectify, as if his entire body was being flayed, dissected and put back together in an instant.

    The enchanter was right. This is the resting place of the original cleric.


    Vah Shir Beastlord and Bast Kejek Tiger

    "So, in case you haven't noticed, things are kinda sucking right here," he whispers to the corpse. "Great, I'm talking to dead people now." He muttered with a shake of his head.

    Shuddering, Sajeek has a disturbing sensation wash over him, disturbing similar to his audience with Cazic-Thule. Another deity had cast it's eye upon the vah shir. If he would have been capable of it, Sajeek would have screamed. However, before the thought even occurred to him, the flaying dissection stopped and seemed to instantly reverse itself.

    The vah shir pauses a moment, almost collapsing. Resting his hands on his knees, he struggles to breath evenly again. Sajeek gathers himself, shakes his head and looks at the marble slab, with the star sapphire perfectly merged with the whitish-grey stone. His emerald eyes look up at the fog shrouded sky and then back at the skeleton.

    Looking at the slab again, Sajeek traces it with his claws, seeing how deep it might be buried. He looks at the bones of Quellious Ayernosh and nods respectfully.

    "Look, I'm not here to rob your grave or anything, but I think you already know that," he whispers to the bones. "I'm here with my friends to destroy the lich to break the curse. But we need help. The spirits know we need help. We're gonna do what we can, but we are going to need help." He leans a bit closer to a nonexistent ear. "And we need a base to prepare to repel the return to the Shissar. They are coming back."


    Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

    Those that stand further away can see a bright glow emanating from the grave. Though the beastlord has his face within a foot of it he cannot seem to see it. Any attempt to gather up his attention fails, for he appears to be enthralled with a song that none of you can hear.

    Save one...

    Revery hears the same song. It is the sweetest thing he has ever heard and it brings tears to his eyes. The soft voice of his goddess. There are no words for mortal ears, but just the melody of her voice is like silk flowing on a warm breeze over erect nipples.

    Pravus Mortis notices that a second of their members is enthralled, and can see that undead are looking right at them and rushing their way from all over the grounds.

    The marble slap looks as it it once rested in a different place, and has since been moved here and reverently placed in the tomb of the cleric whose dream started this journey.

    Glancing closer, and for some reason the vah shir can see like it is a bright summer day, he can see under the edges. It is simply a slab laying in the burial box. A bit of dirt lies on top, but that can be brushed away easily.

    He finds it in his hands without even being aware that he was lifting it. It was right that he carry it for they were all tasked to destroy the one who had slaughtered her priest and his family.

    Sajeek can feel a power within the stone. It would shield them from detection for a few moments at a time, and could only be used once per day. The power is activated, seemingly by him, but likely a more powerful source, and suddenly the entire group disappears from the undead's attentions.

    Revery and Sajeek shake free of their reverie to see all manner of confused undead rushing their way. You can tell by the way they move that they are unsure where you are.


    Revery (Erudite Enchanter) in somnis veritas // Kspress (Iksar Monk) Your pain is the breaking of your shell.

    "Move!" Revery says, moving to avoid the undead feeling their way toward them.

    "Perhaps with this aid we can find and kill the lich?"

    He looks around, beyond the graveyard, to see what he can see.


    Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

    Whether intentional or not the grounds have erupted in battle.

    Mounds churn and undead start to pour out of the graveyard, moving close enough that you are forced to dodge aside before you are accidentally found.

    Impossibly powerful creatures join lesser monsters and slowly by slowly another grand melee is met on the manour's grounds. Among the combatants are gruesome spectres, lightning fast skeletons in full plate armour, cloaked dhampyres, festering hags, mummies, risen commanders, ghouls, boogeymen, jack-o-lanterns, ghoul magi, skeletons, witches, cold shades, zombies, harbingers, willsappers and more.

    Realizing the collection of powerful creatures that cruise these unhallowed grounds, you understand how your decisions have been perfect to keep you from getting slaughtered.

    Pravus Mortis had unwittingly triggered this battle, by luring creatures to this spot, and as such they remain in the middle of it. Movement is limited, especially since a number of the creatures in the pitched combat are not dead and can clearly see the group.

    Nogglegrop merely stands with his tiny mace hanging loosely from his hand, but not as loosely as his jaw as it drops agape.

    Sides form, though the battle lines are so chaotic that it is difficult to determine who is fighting whom and why.

    There is no sign of Khrix, but you do see hags and witches. It is likely that they felled him.

    Those with the sight of the spirits locate two things:
    - The first is the ghost of Garanel. He is moving out of the building you had expected him to come from and seeking to enter the combat. Opposite him comes the impossibly powerful lich Tintragen who exits the building you had passed earlier (#12) and almost searched. Such a thought now does little to help calm your nerves.
    - The second stills your blood, for it is the cackling creature that has been dogging your movements since you arrived. . Atop the hedge maze is an invisible creature. It is a skinny creature, like a human-sized malnourished troll with lumpy skin, crude features, and a short shock of wildly coloured hair atop its misshapen head. It carries no clothes or weapons, but its fingers end in wicked claws. It could not look any happier with the situation. Strangely it is Kwen that recognizes it, for it comes from the home plane of his god: it is a Herald of Mischief and is dark evil creature bent only on chaos.

    If you seek to speak to Garanel you will wish to do so before he meets in battle, especially since he will not be able to see you. Though it is anyone guess how long this invisibility will last.


    male Half Elf Rogue /Markus Vardin Human cleric (Giant Slayer Blackguard Kwenilithmor Eridosan)

    Earlier in the evening:
    After diving out the window; Kwen managed to avoid the glass shards thanks to luck and training, coming up into a roll the rogue looks around for anything trying to sink a blade, claw, or whatever else into his face.
    Letting Sajeek take the lead, felt strange to the rogue, but he was more focused on other things, keeping quiet was the most difficult part thanks to the effect of this place.

    Spoiler:

    sneak 1d20 + 17 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 17 - 2 = 34
    spot 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 2 = 17
    listen 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 2 = 6

    This evening:

    " What? Now this is interesting, a Herald, here of all places." Kwen whispers, seemly unaware that he let words slip from his mouth. Kwen's mind racing at what else could he or any of the group do if they had come to blows against this Herald.
    Moron Kwen thinks to himself, darting and weaving, keeping his mouth shut was the best idea the rogue has. Using the ensuning Melee as cover, helped a bit for the rogue to stay out of sight.
    Not drawing any of the others about the Herald, Kwen dicides to keep an eye out for the Herald, if it came after the group there would be nothing for them to do, but perish.

    Spoiler:

    hide 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 13 - 2 = 13


    Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

    Die.

    The realization is sobering that the monster from the Plane of Mischief was far beyond them, meant them ill, and was here simply to foster further chaos in a cursed land.

    Nogglegrop looks up, following Kwen's gaze, but cannot see the invisible creature. That does not stop him from going pale.

    Speaking draws attention, forcing Kwen to dance around a bit from the attentions it brings to him. It is lucky that the rogue is agile, or else he might have been pulled down for making his presence felt.


    Barbarian Shaman (Luminary Gwendalyn Shaughnessy the Giant Slayer)

    Gwendalyn is nearly paralyzed with fear from the insanely powerful and plenteous evil beings that converge on their location, most of whom somehow magically seem to not even notice them. (The cackling ugly thing on the hedge maze is particularly disturbing.) She puts a finger over her lips with one shaky hand, and with the other points back at the building that Tintragen came from. With care, perhaps they can make it out of the melee alive, to ambush the lich at the precise moment that his powers are at their ebb, and he seeks shelter to recover them.


    Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

    The lich Tintragen had possessed the dwarf Garanel, and it is in this small but fierce body that he had committed his heinous crimes against the Wilhavyn family and the desecration of the temple of Quellious. To obliterate the dwarven vessel will not destroy Tintragen, it will simply leave him without a body for a time. His spirit will dominate another host.

    In order to execute the lich you will need to destroy his true body, and considering that you knew that Quellious had her eye fixed on this place again, seeing the lich depart the dwarf would possibly alert her to the truth of the injustice she had wrought upon pour Garanel.


    Vah Shir Beastlord and Bast Kejek Tiger

    "Let's go to Garanel!" Sajeek whispers hisses to the others during the undead brawl. He ducks the claws of skeleton as it tears off a zombies face. Not that the zombie cared, it just bowled over the skeleton and preceded to beat it with the stump of an hand. "He must know where the corpse that we need to destroy is hidden! Uh, can anyone see the ghost of the dwarf?"

    Kwen had whispered something about a Herald, but Sajeek hadn't seen anything, nor really knew what one was so he ignored that for the moment.

    Having whispered his intentions, Sajeek's free hand taps Bast's head to get his attention. The vah shir plans to use the undead as barrier to any of the living monsters that might spot he and the tiger as the slink towards the ghost. As long as they were careful to not be included in any of the rampaging undead death brawl, they should be able to work there way to the ghost of Garanel. Sajeek just needed a pair of eyes on the ghost.


    Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

    Something connected with the 25 pound marble slab in Sajeek's possession is all that is shielding you from the sight of the undead that bedeck the field of battle.

    As the rock slowly moves west so does any that wishes to see the morning's light. The range was unknown and the last thing you want to do is test it.

    All the beastlord has is a general direction to travel, haltingly picking his way through the fighting forms and trying to trust in the enchanter's goddess' power to keep them safe, he is forced to rely on course corrections by any of the three that have spirit sight: Gwendalyn, Kwen & Revery.

    Near the weed-festooned wall the party stops, for the ghost is right there ordering a spectre to flank the full-plate wearing skeletons. The spectre, the embodiment of a nightmare made flesh, glances towards the group and floats stock still for a moment before following his general's orders.

    Those without the sight heard the words, and feel the coldness of being so close to the disembodied dwarf, but see nothing at all. They are forced to react quickly for the ghost looks about ready to fly away.

    Suddenly Garanel turns and looks right at the group, and his gaze is horrific to be beheld.

    Listen (Garanel): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

    (please include a DC 17 Fort save vs Garanel's horrific appearance or suffer 1D4 points damage to STR, DEX and CON)

    Garanel's voice is like frost sliding down piano strings, "Know I of your presence. I am busy."


    Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

    Nogglegrop shrinks away from the dwarf's face, and though everyone sees something different, he sees his father's agonal respirations.

    Fort Save (Nogglegrop vs. DC 17 Horrific Appearance): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 (success)


    Vah Shir Beastlord and Bast Kejek Tiger

    "Garanel, we seek to free this place from the curse it has fallen under. We know what took place with the lich. Destroying him would show the Goddess that you are not the one responsible for the deaths of her favored priest." Sajeek blurts as he sees the ghostly looking for the source of his voice (Fort save (17):1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11).

    "We found a journal that detailed what happened. We know about what the Grim did in the chapel," Sajeek continues. He looks around nervously. "And we believe that you hide the lich's body. Which we seek to destroy"

    "We seek to cleanse this place before the dwarves come to help us secure it. We don't want anyone else to fall here," Sajeek risks mentioning the dwarven squad that was coming in all too short a time.

    ooc:
    Diplomacy roll:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19.
    Bast fort save (DC 17):1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22.


    male Half Elf Rogue /Markus Vardin Human cleric (Giant Slayer Blackguard Kwenilithmor Eridosan)

    Fort Save 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 2 = 16


    Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

    While Bast's animalistic intelligence is able to ward off the effects of the stare, Sajeek has looked right into something so disquieting that he is hard-pressed to keep his feet.

    STR Damage (Sajeek): 1d4 ⇒ 4
    DEX Damage (Sajeek): 1d4 ⇒ 1
    CON Damage (Sajeek): 1d4 ⇒ 4

    The rogue also feels the depths of despair washing over him.

    STR Damage (Kwen): 1d4 ⇒ 1
    DEX Damage (Kwen): 1d4 ⇒ 2
    CON Damage (Kwen): 1d4 ⇒ 1

    Garanel has taken a step back, seeming uncomfortable to be near either Sajeek or Revery. His eyes have no substance, but they open wide as he whispers harshly, "You have found it! You have found the stone?" There is insanity to those eyes.

    "Yes, yes I will show you where it is so that this torment may finally end!"

    He starts to fly off cutting a wide swath for you to follow as he enters the maze. You deduce that he is lifting magics that protected it from Tintragen being able to find it, considering the scream and how fast the lich is sprinting your way.

    Perhaps it is the close proximity of the Herald of Mischief, or simply time, but you feel the warmth return to your bodies, signifying that you are no longer hidden from the eyes of the damned.

    It is lucky that you could watch the spirit enter the maze, for the entrances are not easy to find.

    Hedge Maze (#9)
    On the west side of the house is an enormous maze made entirely of holly hedges. It stands at least 12' tall, obviously much higher than it once was, and up to 20' high in places. Its inner walls range from 4' to 8' thick, and in most places the paths are easily wide enough for two people to walk comfortably side by side. After the curse, most of the estate’s plants died, but the holly survived. It continued to flourish, even with the limited sunlight and cooler temperatures, and with no one around to trim it, the edges grew ragged. The top of the hedge now rises unbelievably high in some places, with dips and rises like mountain peaks. Many of its walls are now uneven, and some are slanted or have sudden protrusions. The passages all still exist, however, even if in a few places they can now only accommodate one person at a time.

    You catch up to Garanel deep in the maze, after moving slow (half speed) due to the scratches and nicks that come from moving any faster, and he points high in the brambles. Bodies of large beetles lie dead around him. These are the carrion feeders within the grounds and he has destroyed them with ease, giving an idea of how powerful Tintragen is. It is only with him pointing (DC 35 search check in that specific area otherwise) that those with spirit sight can see something in the overgrown twigs and brambles: an emaciated skeletal body covered in magical robes of concealment.

    Drawing it down you get your first look at the horrific visage of Tintragen a moment before its red eyes glow with inner fire. It screams out, "I am free!"

    The body of the dwarf lies limp across from you, and Garanel flies to re-occupy his former shell.

    Many eyes are on you, including Quellious (as both Revery and Sajeek can feel) and the Herald of Mischief (as all those with spirit sight can see, as the creature dances along the top of the hedge to get the best vantage point), though to this point they have done little to help, and much to hinder.

    All bets are off, it is you against the lich Tintragen in his full glory.

    Initiative:
    - Pravus Mortis
    - Tintragen


    Vah Shir Beastlord and Bast Kejek Tiger

    "Time to use the water!" Sajeek cries out as he moves forward. The cah shir grabs his remain skin of dwarven holy water. "Find your final damnation Tintragen!" The vah shir roars.

    Getting the skin free with one hand was a little tricky, and Sajeek settled for ripping the stopper free with his teeth.

    Freed, Sajeek tucks the skin under his arm and squeezes.

    ooc:
    Moving, getting the skin free and spraying. Range Touch attack:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20. Damage:7d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 2, 6, 4, 6, 3) = 28.


    male Half Elf Rogue /Markus Vardin Human cleric (Giant Slayer Blackguard Kwenilithmor Eridosan)

    Kwen snarls at the Lich, still realing from the effects of the gaze effect. Kwen grabs his grenade yelling " Acid." then lets fly with the grenade at the lich making sure to not hit his 'ally'

    Spoiler:

    ranaged touch attack against the lich 1d20 + 12 - 3 ⇒ (8) + 12 - 3 = 17
    DC 31 against Temporal Rot, damage 6d10 ⇒ (5, 2, 2, 3, 4, 2) = 18


    Barbarian Shaman (Luminary Gwendalyn Shaughnessy the Giant Slayer)

    Fort vs. DC 17: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 Failure

    Str damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
    Dex damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
    Con damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

    Gwendalyn whimpers and shrivels as Garanel turns his attention on the group. Her magic to see spirits backfires as she perceives the full horror of his condition: a good man forced into a bad situation, first by a lich and then by gods. His existential agony falls upon her with supernatural weight and she seems to age over thirty years in an instant, looking like an old woman now; yet when the ghost flies to the hedge maze, she hobbles along briskly, terror lending wings to her painful steps.

    Then battle is engaged, at the very moment when Tintragen finally finds his body and the dwarf recovers his own. The aged Northwoman has no time to contemplate what fates and choices led them to this perilous situation. Sajeek recommends the dwarven holy water and she finds this to be an excellent suggestion, pulling out one of her own waterskins and squeezing the whole thing onto the powerful lich, her arthritic hands acting with alacrity while her wrinkled face is locked in a rictus of fear.

    Then she remembers that she can cast spells, and reaches out desperately to her tenuous connection with the Tribunal. Dropping the empty waterskin carelessly, the big old luminary gestures confidently and speaks firmly, invoking distant spirits from her recent youth. The halfling Jinx feels a blessing of animal ferocity descend upon him, and then Gwen quixotically attempts to blind their fearsome foe, more to gauge his power than out of any expectation of success.

    Spoiler:
    77/83 hp, -4 Str, -3 Dex, -3 Con
    58/100 mana

    MA: Retrieve waterskin of dwarven spirits
    SA: Squirt it at Tintragen
    Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
    Damage: 7d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 5, 1, 2, 5, 4) = 23
    FA: Cast Fleeting Fury (Jinx)
    FA: Cast quickened Flash of Light (Tintragen), Fort DC 16 negates

    Active Spells
    Fleeting Fury (+4 Str & Dex, +1 insight AC): Jinx (3 rounds)
    Inner Fire (+1 insight AC, +3 buff hit points): Gwendalyn, Kwen & Revery (100 minutes)
    Spirit of Wolf (base speed +50%): Jinx & Nogglegrop (100 minutes)
    Spirit Sight (see invisible plus spirits, even if insubstantial or in solid objects): Gwendalyn, Kwen & Revery (100 minutes)
    Talisman of the Beast (+3 buff Str): Bast, Gwendalyn, Jinx, Kwen, Nogglegrop & Sajeek (indefinitely)


    Jinx feels the confusing sensations of both weakening from the ghost's supernatural presence and Gwen's spells strengthening him at the same time. Shrugging that aside he draws his earthbreaker and charges into the fray shouting, "We're gonna kill us a lich!"

    Spoiler:
    Fort Save vs DC 17: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 - 2 = 10
    Str Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
    Dex Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
    Con Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

    Charge attack vs the lich if possible: 1d20 + 20 - 2 - 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 20 - 2 - 1 + 2 + 2 = 25
    Damage vs lich if applicable: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21


    Revery (Erudite Enchanter) in somnis veritas // Kspress (Iksar Monk) Your pain is the breaking of your shell.

    Revery is in a daze for some time, confused by the confluence of the perceived presence of his Goddess, the frightening sight of all the undead and other denizens of evil battling, the Herald of Mischief, and the sights of the spirits of Garanel and Tintragen. He follows the others, not knowing what to do, and when faced with Garanel he looks aside, for he can sense the horror coming from within that tortured soul.

    Fort Save (vs. DC 17 Horrific Appearance) vs Garanel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

    A part of him feels guilty - if any, it should be a servant of Quellious like himself who should suffer from that sight. But he would not take that pain willingly, for they needed all the strength they could get - even his own meager frame.

    He follows the others into the maze, and it is with amazement that he sees they are shown the body of the lich. Now is the time.

    Revery pulls one of the Dwarven waterskins free and tries to spray it onto the true Tintragen.

    Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
    Damage: 7d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 5, 4, 2, 2, 1) = 21

    Then he quickly follows it with a Tashan, to weaken him for the next attack.

    Tashan (free action, no AOO, 2 mana)
    No save, recipient receives -6 Magic Resist, -1 saves versus spells with [Magic] descriptor.
    Duration: 10 min

    Active Spells on Revery:
    Minor Shielding (+1 AC, +2 HP) for 100 min
    (Gwen) Inner Fire for 100 min
    (Gwen) Spirit Sight for 100 min

    Active Spells on Others:
    Tashan on Lich for 10 min

    (HP: 69/70, Mana: 170/180)


    Barbarian Shaman (Luminary Gwendalyn Shaughnessy the Giant Slayer)

    Gwendalyn reaches out helplessly as Jinx rushes at the newly-intact lich with his well-made chunk of forged rock. "No, what's-his-name's sword!" She squints in dismay, but can't look away as the fierce little warrior ignores the magical weapon that she forced on him for a reason. Some people just need to learn for themselves. Then Revery squirts his own holy liquor at their undead foe, and she brightens at a sudden thought. "Wilhavyn's medal! Could it help?"


    Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

    You hear the voices of the dwarves that were sent to meet you in this place. They gasp as they witness the battle just ahead of them. It becomes apparent that time moves much different in this place, perhaps explaining why Rockbite's alcohol has not turned to vinegar. The dwarves are immediately set upon and hard pressed. You have been here nearly two tendays it appears.

    Just the presence of the stone is blocking many of the the lich's abilities. The most profound, though most subtle, is that it is stopping him from escaping. He might destroy you, but he will never escape this place. Quellious has turned her eyes and now knows the truth of this place. The stone falls from Sajeek's possession for it glows white hot, blowing away the darkness and bringing life back to the plant life around you. The sense of unease lifts and a fresh breeze blows across your faces.

    The Herald of Mischief simply disappears into smoke. Order is returning to the manour and its grounds, and while it had been fun for over a decade, the attentions of goddesses would only ruin his fun.

    Garanel lays on the ground just blinking up at the sky, seemingly addled by regaining his body and having a corporeal frame once again. He screams up to the sky, "TOLD YOU I DID! TOLD YOU!"

    Two waterskins containing potent dwarven holy water had been doled out to all current members save for Jinx, who the dwarves were less than a fan of. The journey had been arduous forcing Sajeek to loose a full waterskin upon a flock of zombies on the top floor of the manour, dispatching them with ease. Jinx was one of the most accurate of the group, and would put a waterskin to good use.

    Nogglegrop understands this as he throws one waterskin to Jinx and the other to Sajeek. The gnome looks shaken, stemming from seeing his dead father just moments before, he vows that if they survive this that he will remain in this place and follow in the footsteps of Ayernosh and Frederic Wilhavyn helping to heal those that require his services. This will be his last battle ever if he had his druthers.

    It would be sad not to adventure with the group anymore, and as much as he wanted to see the epic quest through, he wished to see his children, of which he had 7, grown more. His wife, the one who would vowed to never talk to him again, would join him in this place. Here he could regain his stature (pun fully intended).

    (splashing a bit of this special: dwarven holy water onto an undead creature is 1d6 damage; each waterskin holds 7 splashes, spraying the entire contents of a waterskin is 7d6 damage, 10' range for both and each is a full round action ranged touch attack that incurs an AoO if used within melee range)

    As with the zombies the holy water spray from Sajeek, Gwendalyn and Revery is like burning acid on Tintragen's desiccated flesh, carving long lines of burned furrows through his body with the ease of a red hot brand through virgin snow.

    If there is a moment's reprieve it is stolen as an innocent phial shatters on the lich's side, doing absolutely nothing to him (temporal rot is only affective being delivered via injury). Kwen had started to stab a creature with a contact poison before and had caught the mistake at the last moment (DM's reminder), but such a divine intervention was not to be found this time. At 1,100gp per application it was a costly mistake.

    Gwendalyn, able to cast one fast spell but not two ( caster may cast only one spell as a free action in a single round), suggests the use of the amulet. Revery has absolutely no clue what will happen if he uses it.

    (full round action, incurs an AoO, 2 charges remaining)

    Tashan lands as it lands on everyone.

    Jinx knows what he is doing, and while a magical weapon would maybe cut deeper, it is nothing compared to the weight of a well swung earthshaker.

    Tintragen starts to cast a spell, but opens himself up too much (failed defensive casting, incur AoO). So little of the spell gets out that you cannot even discern what he was trying to cast before you so rudely get to punch him in the f@~#ing face.

    Concentration (Defensive Casting): 1d20 ⇒ 1 (critical failure)

    Revery feels his guts churning as the necromancer hits him with some innate ability. The attention might come from the damage, or the spell, or both, or the fact that his necklace is glowing like the Hearthstone at Sajeek's feet.

    (Revery: please include a DC 16 fort save vs. sicken)

    (end of round)
    (start of new round)

    (tag PCs, please include an AoO in your next post)

    It is time to pay this creature back for all the pain he has caused, all the tears that have fallen, all the babies without parents, or families without their babes.


    Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

    Nogglegrop moves right up to the necromancer's face, forgoing his free swing (AoO) for he knows that even a perfect strike from the tiny mace will likely do nothing, and activates a very familiar spell (divine aura) after releasing a torrential flood of profanity about the lich's lineage and personal hygiene (move action).

    "You sir, are unremarkable and unmemorable in every respect. If you were any less intelligent, I would have to water you twice a week. History will judge me harshly for not having killed you, and I worship the ground that awaits your grave."

    As if that isn't enough he adds, "When we kill you I'm not going to your funeral!"

    Taunt (untrained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

    It was a tactic that had been tried previously against a giant, and had bought the group the time they needed. While it would only gain a minor reprieve at best (1 round), hopefully that would be enough.

    Sense Motive (Tintragen): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 (fail)

    Tintragen (88 damage inflicted taking into account the DR 5/+2, ?/? hit points, ?/? mana, tashan) has great bits of his body still smoking from the streams of holy acid that had torn into him, still wet from Kwen's attack, and with a pronounced limp after the halfling had bashed him, is far from out of the battle.

    Either this thing is that powerful, or there was a rune or two on him that have likely since been burned up in the shattering you had heard when the muscle bound halfling bashed the necromancer.

    Revery can feel the power building, and can release both charges in one large volley if he so chooses.


    Revery (Erudite Enchanter) in somnis veritas // Kspress (Iksar Monk) Your pain is the breaking of your shell.

    Revery feels some evil effect on him from the necromancer. He tries to pretend he doesn't feel it, just to spite him; and it seems to work! Either that, or it will do something to him later.

    Fort save (DC 14 vs. Sicken) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

    Now he steps back and activates the holy symbol hanging from his neck (1 charge used, full round action, AOO provoked), aimed squarely at the lich in front of him.

    (Forgoes AOO)

    Active Spells on Revery:
    Minor Shielding (+1 AC, +2 HP) for 100 min
    (Gwen) Inner Fire for 100 min
    (Gwen) Spirit Sight for 100 min

    Active Spells on Others:
    Tashan on Lich for 10 min

    (HP: 69/70, Mana: 170/180)


    Barbarian Shaman (Luminary Gwendalyn Shaughnessy the Giant Slayer)

    The big old woman in a fine chain shirt throws an elbow at the lich as he clumsily tries to work some magic, clearly out of practice with using his own body. Then, she bestows a familiar blessing of animal rage on Kwen.

    Slam AoO: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
    Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

    Gwendalyn pulls out her second and final waterskin of holy dwarven spirits, but it took so long to spray the other one that she decides to cast a little spell first. It's a tough choice, but she finally heals Sajeek of some of the weakening that he took from witnessing the ghost. There's nothing benign about her aid; she wants to make him better at stabbing Tintragen to death, plain and simple.

    Spoiler:
    77/83 hp, -4 Str, -3 Dex, -3 Con
    50/100 mana

    FA: Cast Fleeting Fury (Kwen)
    MA: Retrieve waterskin of dwarven spirits
    SA: Cast Lifeforce (Sajeek, Str): 1d4 ⇒ 4

    Active Spells
    Fleeting Fury (+4 Str & Dex, +1 insight AC): Kwen (3 rounds), Jinx (2 rounds)
    Inner Fire (+1 insight AC, +3 buff hit points): Gwendalyn, Kwen & Revery (100 minutes)
    Spirit of Wolf (base speed +50%): Jinx & Nogglegrop (100 minutes)
    Spirit Sight (see invisible plus spirits, even if insubstantial or in solid objects): Gwendalyn, Kwen & Revery (100 minutes)
    Talisman of the Beast (+3 buff Str): Bast, Gwendalyn, Jinx, Kwen, Nogglegrop & Sajeek (indefinitely)


    Vah Shir Beastlord and Bast Kejek Tiger

    Grabbing hold of the skin of holy water, Sajeek feels his stolen strength return. The weight of his gear settles normally at his shoulders, inside of dragging him to a crawl.

    "Now Bast!" Sajeek calls to the big tiger as he sprays the lich once more. Tossing the empty skin aside, the vah shir quickly asks for the Spirit of Lightning to aid Bast. He takes a few steps forward. Having drawn his Dragoon's Dirk, the young Beastlord gets ready to attack Tintragen.

    Waiting for his spirit-brother's call to battle, Bast's explodes into motion. This place was filled with things that made him want to flee as fast as he could. He would stand fast for his brother, to the end, just as he would for Bast.

    ooc:
    Ranged Touch Attack:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 297d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 1, 4, 4, 4, 5) = 22 Holy. He will cast Spirit of Lightning on Bast nd then he will move and draw his magic dagger.
    Hp: 100/100
    Mana: 34/50
    AC: 17
    Bast will move and attack the lich. Bite:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 141d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12. Proc check(if successful):1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 114d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 6, 6) = 19 elec.
    Hp:78/78
    AC: 18
    Active Buffs: Gwen's Talisman of the Beast, Spirit of Lightning of Bast.


    "HA! Just like anybody else! Hit the bastard hard enough and he'll fall down too!" Jinx's face breaks into a grin as he realizes this fight just might be winnable. His doubts finally fading, he hefts his earthshaker to strike another blow then lets out a whoop as his weapon strikes true.

    spoiler:
    AoO: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 40 AoO damage: 1d8 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26

    1st Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (12) + 21 = 33 damage: 1d8 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22
    2nd Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30 damage: 1d8 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26


    Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

    In his own form Tintragen is a male erudite necromancer of impossible power. His eyes aflame with exhalation at finally finding the stone and his body. He had tried to shadowstep, but something had blocked his movements. Tintragen sneers at the Hearthstone, but then focuses on killing the mouthy little gnome.

    A wave of blissful warmth, the moment when you've wet your diaper but before it starts to cool, touches everyone eliminating all of the things that steal the fine edge of their fighting prowess (no negative effects remain for anyone, no ability damage, no fatigue, et cetera) leaves the magical chain that Revery holds. The enchanter screams and drops the red hot cross (58 damage), as it melts into nothingness, for it found it anathema to be held by a creature that was not goodly to their very core (holy symbol destroyed). Revery looks down at his hand, seeing a scar in the symbol of his goddess burned into his palm, and the chain around his neck, which no healing will ever mend.

    Tintragen chortles at Revery's pain, offering for him to come over to his side, since it was obvious that they both had evil in their hearts and hatred towards peace and tranquility.

    Gwendalyn looks for her second waterskin, but realizes that she had given it to the little warrior. He didn't look interested in using it, or the other waterskin that Nogglegrop had tossed him, so the shaman easily gathers the dropped one from the halfling's feet.

    Her slam (AoO) comes no where near even making contact with the lich, who fixes each of the group in turn with a look that guarantees death. She starts to cast a spell, following her slam attack, but does not pay attention to her defence as she does so (casting spell in melee range incurs AoO), which has her lose the spell when the lich's unholy touch tears her apart (lifeforce not cast).

    Corrupting Touch: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38 (critical threat)
    Confirmation: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33 (success)
    Damage: 2d8 + 28 ⇒ (4, 7) + 28 = 39
    Ability Damage (STR): 1d4 ⇒ 2

    Worse yet some of the lich's wounds heal as it draws the shaman's pain into its own body and she feels momentarily as weak as a kitten (STR damage), but then the burst of warmth leaves the holy symbol of Quellious and removes the negative effect.

    Sajeek's aim is perfect, his stream raking the lich's face and torso, leaving long streams of steam to echo Tintragen's movements. That is all the beastlord can do (full round action to release the contents of the waterskin), so he remains weaponless and Bast unbuffed.

    The kejek tiger misses by the same margin that the shaman had a split second before.

    The myrmidon comes at the lich from several different angles, all of which are solid blows that easily pass Tintragen's defences.

    - Sajeek had used one waterskin previously, his last one on the lich, and then followed up with one of Nogglegrop's waterskin.
    - Nogglegrop had doled out his two skins to Sajeek and Jinx.
    - Gwendalyn had passed one of her waterskins to Jinx and used her last waterskin on Tintragen. While looking for her other skin she had recovered the dropped waterskin from Jinx's feet. Gwendalyn has a waterskin in her possession.
    - Revery had used one of his waterskins on the Tintragen. Revery has a waterskin in his possession.
    - Kwen has two waterskins in his possession.
    - Jinx has a waterskin in his possession.

    For all of his bluster Tintragen (110 damage inflicted taking into account the DR 5/+2, unknown amount healed, ?/? hit points, ?/? mana, tashan) is finding it difficult to stand, finding it difficult to function beneath the holy onslaught it has received at the hands of Pravus Mortis.

    Other undead start to pile in from behind the party. They are bunched up due to the tight confines of the maze, as they claw forth to rip the party limb from limb. While Tintragen is a threat, you will never have an opportunity like this to dispense so much damage to so many as you will for the next few seconds (undead will arrive at the end of next round).

    (awaiting Kwen's action)


    male Half Elf Rogue /Markus Vardin Human cleric (Giant Slayer Blackguard Kwenilithmor Eridosan)

    Kwen pulls out the water skin and takes a 5 ft step forward and dumps the contents of the water skin onto the Lich. " Sajeek grab the amulet!"

    Spoiler:

    Ranged touch attack 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
    damage 7d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 6, 1) = 18


    Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

    The holy symbol has melted into something akin to metal slag. It is no longer magical to your eyes.

    All the others had been spraying the lich from afar (10' range), but mindbogglingly Kwen moves in close (ranged attack in melee range incurs AoO). Luckily the fates are with the young half-elf rogue (critical miss).

    Corrupting Touch: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20 (critical miss)
    Damage: 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
    Ability Damage (DEX): 1d4 ⇒ 2

    Tintragen (128 damage inflicted taking into account the DR 5/+2, unknown amount healed, ?/? hit points, ?/? mana, tashan) unleashes all hell on Nogglegrop, only realizing in the midst of his flurry what had happened.

    Ice rims his words as he points at Nogglegrop, "Well played. You die last."

    He then starts to look around for another to target.

    (end of round)
    (start of new round)

    (tag PCs)

    Nogglegrop looks torn. To drop his spell will likely mean his death, but he cannot help the others if he does not do so.

    He tries the same tactic as before to absolutely no avail, not fully understanding how big a deal it is to try to do so when it is not smart to remain on an invulnerable target (tactically unwise +10 to sense motive).

    Taunt (untrained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

    Sense Motive (Tintragen): 1d20 + 10 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 10 = 32 (success)

    2,051 to 2,100 of 2,605 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Torture Chamber (Everquest RPG PBP) All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.