The Shining Hosts - Way of the Wicked Gameplay

Game Master Dennis Harry

The Horn

Lower Caverns

Initiative:

Dramatis Personae
Nathaniel [dice]1d20 + 5[/dice]
Grumblejack [dice]1d20 + 1[/dice]
Aurex [dice]1d20 + 2[/dice]
Alice [dice]1d20 + 2[/dice]
Errisaigh [dice]1d20+4[/dice]
Havelyn [dice]1d20+2[/dice]

Perception:

Dramatis Personae
Nathaniel [dice]1d20 + 5[/dice]
Grumblejack [dice]1d20 - 1[/dice]
Aurex [dice]1d20 + 5[/dice]
Alice [dice]1d20 + 2[/dice]
Errisaigh [dice]1d20+7[/dice]
Havelyn [dice]1d20+10[/dice]


2,501 to 2,550 of 2,555 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>

Human Male Direlock 5//Fighter 1 HP 50/50; AC: 20/T 12/ FF 18; Fort: +7; Ref: +4; Will: +3; Init: +4; Per +7; Spd 30 ft.; Dire Pool: 4/7

Errisaigh notes the draconic’s impressive display, and wonders at his own ability to fend off such intimidation. He decides he hopes he will never have to, and opts to stand grimly in support.

Aid Another: Intimidate: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21


Shadow's Status

The Horn - Level 2

Zikomo swallows hard and his webbed hands begin to twitch, he then finds his backbone a bit even with another nervous glance at Errisaigh.

"I am Zikomo! I hear the voice of the Father!

I lead this warband to find some things to help me bring Kumanda Slays-Nine-Men to see the voices of the Father! He tellss me thingsss that Kumanda no listen to!

I Zikomo knows bestest!"


Human Female Pact Wizard 38 HP | AC 13, T13, FF10 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +4 | Init +2 | Spells per day 1st: 4 + 1 2nd: 3 +1 3rd: 1 + 1

Alice interest perks up at the mentioned of things that help see voices.

"Oh, see the voices? What are you looking for? Mushrooms? Lichen?"


(Alias: Patrick) Male Red Dragon Bonded Dragon 5 | AC 20 (24), Touch 11, FF 18 | HP 51/51 | F +6, R +6, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +7

"You think slaying nine men is praiseworthy? I felled more than that in moments my last time in battle."

A classic power struggle, the strong one is being usurped by the religious one.

"He looks for weapons, to slay Kumanda Slays-Nine-Men, for he hears the Father of his brood and it demands him do so." Aurex's mouth splits open and reveal his teeth. "Your prayers have been answered, for we are here. You have new leaders. Show us Kumanda."


Shadow's Status

The Horn - Level 2

Zikomo opens and closes his mouth and no words usher forth.

He then closes his eyes and begins chanting. He reaches into his pack and removes a vial. He drinks it and begins to dance in a strange erratic pattern, frothing at the mouth. You see behind him his followers begin to step out. Some stare at Aurex but most watch the Priest in his histrionics.

After several moments of furious thrashing he collapses to the ground huffing and puffing. He stands straight up and prostrates himself before Aurex, "The Father has answered my... or prayers!!!"

His amphibious followers do likewise.

Do you want to explore this entire level first or go straight to this Kumanda Slays-Nine-Men?


(Alias: Nicholas Terren) Male Human Dragonrider 5/Bard 1 | AC 18, Touch 15, FF 13 | HP 47/47 | F +5, R +8, W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +8

Nate jumps up. "Let's go kill this thing, maybe I'll get knocked out and won't be so bored with all this exploring."


Human Male Direlock 5//Fighter 1 HP 50/50; AC: 20/T 12/ FF 18; Fort: +7; Ref: +4; Will: +3; Init: +4; Per +7; Spd 30 ft.; Dire Pool: 4/7

”I’m with Nate.” Errisaigh offers. ”Best we clear the fractious factions and get back to the...uh..,exploring.” the direlock finishes, giving Nate an odd sideways look.


Male HP 53/53, AC 23, Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6

Sounds good to me.


Human Female Pact Wizard 38 HP | AC 13, T13, FF10 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +4 | Init +2 | Spells per day 1st: 4 + 1 2nd: 3 +1 3rd: 1 + 1

Lets go meet the rest of the froggies


Shadow's Status

The Horn - Level 2

Zikomo and his band head down the hall past you all, their bulging eyes stare at your band with a mix of anger and fear. Zikomo opens the set of double doors that you passed by in the first hall. They open to a small but grander Temple than the one you explored on the first floor.

Six stately pillars rise to high vaulted ceilings. Images of winged carrion birds circle high above set into the stonework. stunningly beautiful, intricate murals cover every inch of the walls and floor of this place. At first glance, the murals appear quite lovely showing vast armies of supplicants, each exquisitely rendered in bas relief, walking arms outspread towards some unseen goal.

Only as you progress towards the throne and the eastern wall does the message of the murals becomes clear. The figures become more and more emaciated, worn and diseased. Around the throne can be seen cackling daemons herding them like sheep. Nearer the wall they are no longer supplicants but instead shambling undead marching in great legions. And on the eastern walls is the supplicant’s destination -- a throne carved in the likeness of a great skull and above it reads

Abyssal:
“Lead the flock into the arms of blessed Death.”

At the far end of the room is yet another throne, almost a replica of the one on the first floor.

Zikomo heads to the pillar to the south closest to the throne and opens a secret door that leads to a spiral stair leading up and down!

Do you want to explore this room a bit more or head down?


Human Female Pact Wizard 38 HP | AC 13, T13, FF10 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +4 | Init +2 | Spells per day 1st: 4 + 1 2nd: 3 +1 3rd: 1 + 1

I'm up for continuing to follow them


Human Male Direlock 5//Fighter 1 HP 50/50; AC: 20/T 12/ FF 18; Fort: +7; Ref: +4; Will: +3; Init: +4; Per +7; Spd 30 ft.; Dire Pool: 4/7

I think stopping to explore, while metagame-wise makes sense, might be rude, so seeing as we are polite ultra-evil anarchists we should just make like nice guests and follow our googly eyed guides to their dealer. ;)


Follow the frog.


Human Female Pact Wizard 38 HP | AC 13, T13, FF10 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +4 | Init +2 | Spells per day 1st: 4 + 1 2nd: 3 +1 3rd: 1 + 1
Errisaigh Varkain wrote:
I think stopping to explore, while metagame-wise makes sense, might be rude, so seeing as we are polite ultra-evil anarchists we should just make like nice guests and follow our googly eyed guides to their dealer. ;)

Politeness now, might give us minions later ;)


Shadow's Status

The Horn - The Lower Caverns

The Spiral Staircase leads downward. Far, far downward approximately 150' down into a natural cavern. The light here is minimal and comes from a small crack in the northwest side of this chamber.

Zikomo whispers, "Great Dragon. I find this place two moons ago. I close door behind us so Kumanda Slays-Nine-Men not know where I go.

We go out with you in with us maybe we fight maybe we no fight....

Great Dragon, you ready to fight if must fight the dread Kumanda Slays-Nine-Men?"


(Alias: Patrick) Male Red Dragon Bonded Dragon 5 | AC 20 (24), Touch 11, FF 18 | HP 51/51 | F +6, R +6, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +7

"Bring him. He will make no change to my title." Aurex growls.


Shadow's Status

The Horn - The Lower Caverns

Zikomo nods and he and his followers exit the secret door leaving it open for you all to exit into the large empty cavern before you. Remaining in here will not make for a good position if you need to fight though keeping it open behind you would be wise.

The Shaman and his followers head through the north east cavern.

The cavern you currently stand in is approximately 40' by 40' with branches extending northeast, north west, and due east. There also appears to be a crack in the wall that someone could slip though to the south but likely most of you are too large or heavily armored to make it through. It is dry and empty of all but dirt.

After some time, they finally return.

If you wish to cast any buffing spells go ahead and do so.

Their numbers have doubled and in the middle of the pack is Zikomo and what must be Kumanda Slays-Nine-Men. He is a superior member of his race and he stands a full two feet taller than those around him. Strapped to his back is a massive greatsword. On his head is a helm. His armor

The group pauses at the edge of the cavern in which you all currently await him.

He booms out in a rather clear voice in common, "The Father has sent you to me Great Dragon! With you and your minions serving me we shall raise the cities of the humans and make them our slaves! I shall ride you into battle. What say you!?"

There are 14 of these amphibians plus Zikomo and Kumanda.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male HP 53/53, AC 23, Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6

Jack couldn't stop himself from picturing it. The frog on the dragon. He snorted, and then it was over. A few moments later he was nearly crying with laughter.


Human Female Pact Wizard 38 HP | AC 13, T13, FF10 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +4 | Init +2 | Spells per day 1st: 4 + 1 2nd: 3 +1 3rd: 1 + 1

I dont think any of my spells are applicable, unless Aurex wants a mage armor?


(Alias: Patrick) Male Red Dragon Bonded Dragon 5 | AC 20 (24), Touch 11, FF 18 | HP 51/51 | F +6, R +6, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Nate casts mage armor on Aurex, and Gravity Bow on himself.

Jack I was going through my sheet and I noticed that Nate has a +2 Greataxe from something, and with levels he's going to be primarily a ranged character. Would you get more use out of that?

GM, I believe you accidentally clipped out the description about the enemy's armor.

Alice, Aurex definitely benefits from mage armor, although in this case he will have it cast on him by Nate.

Aurex watches the frog-men with a mixture of curiosity and disgust for a moment, but when their leader announces he will ride Aurex, there is no amusement from the dragon. Only a deep, smoldering, terrifying anger. His chest begins to glow dimly as if magma is burning it's way out, and his lips split to reveal his teeth. He is not amused.

Dazzling Display to intimidate ALL of the frog people: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

That takes a full round action to do. If that starts initiative, so be it. If that doesn't immediately make them start attacking, then:

It appears Aurex's threat was not bluster, for the glowing continues to brighten, and he opens his maw. A withering inferno blasts from his mouth, viciously blasting forward with pressurized air through the center of the group.

Fire Breath Damage: 3d8 ⇒ (7, 4, 6) = 17 DC 15 reflex for half

His breath weapon is a 60 ft. line, he will make sure to catch Kumanda, and will attempt to catch as many of the others as well.


Human Male Direlock 5//Fighter 1 HP 50/50; AC: 20/T 12/ FF 18; Fort: +7; Ref: +4; Will: +3; Init: +4; Per +7; Spd 30 ft.; Dire Pool: 4/7

Errisaigh moves to stand by the mighty dragon, flexing out his eldritch aura of horror to combat any attempt by the frogmen to counter the dragon’s blast. If within 10’ range of Kumanda: The direlock then throws his snag net at the imposing leader.

Move Action: To move next to Aurex.

Swift Action: Enact Inimica: Pain Threshold: The direlock’s dire zone becomes a frontier of pain. All enemies attempting to move into the direlock’s dire zone take 1d6 force damage upon crossing into the dire zone for every 3 levels the direlock possesses (to a maximum of 5d6). Simply moving toward enemies or pushing them so that the border crosses them does not inflict damage – a conscious effort to enter on behalf of the enemy is required (whether compelled or free-willed). A successful Fortitude save reduces the damage by half (minimum 1).

Standard Action: Throw snag-net - ranged touch attack.

Toss!!!: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 17 [+4 BAB, +2 Dex; vs touch AC]

Info on net/snag-net in profile


Shadow's Status

The Horn - The Lower Caverns

His armor is high quality leather, certainly better than anything else worn by the tribe, or whatever you call a group of whatever these things are!

All of the frogmen take a step backward, even the mighty Kumanda. Zikomo moves even further back, just in case.

In a less confident voice Kumanda speaks again, "Is this means that the Dragon is with me? The Father have come to our aids with you?"

His answer is a blast of fire from Aurex!

tSH ONLY:
Kumanda Reflex Save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 = HP = 95/112
Minion 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 HP = 25/42
Minion 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 HP = 25/42

Errisaigh, I will hold the net throw as there are too many in the way and Kumanda is too far away.

Initiative!:
Kumanda 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Kumanda 8 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Zikomo 1d20 ⇒ 4
Zikomo 8 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
Nathaniel 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Grumblejack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Aurex 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Alice 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Errisaigh 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Havelyn 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Sense Motive - All - DC 16:
It seems pretty clear that Zikomo and "his" band are moving away from the combat.

Kumanda is incensed, "Kill intruders!"

Round 1
Aurex & Nate - GO
Kumanda 8
Errisaigh
Kumanda
Alice, Havelyn, Grumble


(Alias: Nicholas Terren) Male Human Dragonrider 5/Bard 1 | AC 18, Touch 15, FF 13 | HP 47/47 | F +5, R +8, W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +8

When the enemy act please remember they are shaken. Shaken:A shaken character takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. Shaken is a less severe state of fear than frightened or panicked.

Aurex straightens up from the blast of fire, daring the creatures to charge him. Nate starts cackling madly and singing a twisted song about a dragon cooking and eating children, a haunting sound.

Nate will act this turn, he will begin inspire courage. ALL ALLIES gain +1 to hit and damage and on saves against fear!


Shadow's Status

Round 1

Two of the creatures in the back open their mouths and emit loud horrifying croak's. Make two will saving throws DC 13. If you fail you are Shaken for 1d4 Rounds.

Six of the others move forward to attack!

tSH ONLY:
All are Shaken -2.

Boggard #1 vs. Errisaigh [ooc]Fortitude Save vs. Pain Threshold 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Fail take 1d6 ⇒ 1 #1 HP = 41/42 - Attack 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 2 = 12 - Spear Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 - Miss.

Boggard #2 vs. Havelyn HP = 42/42 - Attack 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 2 = 7 - Spear Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 - Miss.

Boggard #3 vs. Aurex HP = 25/42 - Attack 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 2 = 18 - Spear Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 - Miss.

Boggard #4 vs. Aurex HP = 25/42 - Attack 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 2 = 14 - Spear Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 - Miss.

Boggard #5 vs. Grumble HP = 42/42 - Attack 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 2 = 19 - Spear Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 - Miss.

Boggard #6 vs. Grumble HP = 42/42 - Attack 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 2 = 19 - Spear Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 - Miss.

Despite their leaping massed attacks against your frontliners, their spears simply cannot penetrate the armor and spells warding your bodies.

Half of these creatures move away from the fight.

Round 1
Errisaigh - GO!
Kumanda
Alice, Havelyn, Grumble


Male HP 53/53, AC 23, Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Shaken: 1d4 ⇒ 2

A shiver ran down Jack's spine, followed by cold swat on the back of his neck. Then shame, as he was forced to admit to himself that these creatures unnerved him. Then fury. There was nothing he hated more than things that made him feel weak.

His eyes dilated, and a low snarl began building in his throat.


Human Male Direlock 5//Fighter 1 HP 50/50; AC: 20/T 12/ FF 18; Fort: +7; Ref: +4; Will: +3; Init: +4; Per +7; Spd 30 ft.; Dire Pool: 4/7

Will Save, DC 13: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 19 [+1 Class, +1 Wis, +1 cloak, +2 Dire zone]
Will Save, DC 13: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 22

Errisaigh sniffs in disdain as the fearful emanation fails to penetrate his own aura of pain. The direlock throws a hand out toward Grumblejack, and for those with arcane vision, a faint translucent tendril rises from Errisaigh’s mantle and arcs down on Jack. Errisaigh’s eyes flutter momentarily as he draws forth the fear from Jack and consumes it utterly.

Standard Action: Create eldritch tendril and attach to Jack.

Swift Action: Consume 2 rounds of shaken condition.

Although invisible, the tendril can be targeted, it has an AC of 20, Hardness of 5 and 15 hp.


Shadow's Status

Round 1

Despite the small hesitation, it is clear that Kumanda is outraged at Aurex's actions, "I will wear your scales as armor lizard!" He then leaps and draws his weapon in one smooth action attacking Aurex! He lands on the DRagons back and stabs downward gibbering unintelligibly all the while.

tSH ONLY:
Acrobatics - Land ON Aurex. 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (3) + 21 = 24
Kumanda Greatsword Attack 1d20 + 13 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 13 + 2 - 2 = 23 - Damage 4d6 + 16 ⇒ (1, 4, 1, 5) + 16 = 27

Nate's magic armor just deflect the strike...

Note that Kumanda is now ON Aurex.

Havelyn draws his blade and attacks the creature that tried to strike him - Longsword Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 - Damage 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 3) + 6 = 10. His strike lands but the creature is not done by a long shot.

Round 1 -
Alice & Grumble - GO!

Round 2 -
Aurex & Nate - GO
Kumanda 8
Errisaigh
Kumanda
Alice, Havelyn, Grumble


(Alias: Patrick) Male Red Dragon Bonded Dragon 5 | AC 20 (24), Touch 11, FF 18 | HP 51/51 | F +6, R +6, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Aurex's eyes dilate as Kumanda lands on top of him. He roars, tearing into the creature with tooth and claw!

Round 2 of 4 for fire breath.

Bite (IC, PA): 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 29
Damage (IC, PA): 1d8 + 7 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 + 6 = 17

Confirm (IC, PA): 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 19
Crit Damage (IC, PA): 1d8 + 7 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 + 6 = 16

Claw (IC, PA): 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 17
Damage (IC, PA): 1d6 + 5 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 + 4 = 14

Claw (IC, PA): 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 26
Damage (IC, PA): 1d6 + 5 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 + 4 = 13


(Alias: Nicholas Terren) Male Human Dragonrider 5/Bard 1 | AC 18, Touch 15, FF 13 | HP 47/47 | F +5, R +8, W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +8

Nate focuses through Aurex's fury, pushing himself to act. This was one of the only fights today, and he would be damned if Aurex was going to keep him from moving.

Using Draconic Focus feat to establish focus as a move action rather than a standard action. 1/3 Draconic Focus used.

Nate fires his magically-powered bow at Kumanda!

Attack (IC, PBS): 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 1 + 1 = 16
Gravity Bow Damage (IC, PBS, AS): 2d6 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5, 1) + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 13


HP 53/53, Temp HP: 8, Cold, Electricity, Fire resist 5, AC 23, For +10, Ref +5, Will +6 Corruption 5/5 Active Effects: Cowardice Aura

Thanks Err!

Berserking, AC is currently 21

The facade of humanity melted away as Grumblejack bellowed. He swelled as he thundered forward. His mangled wings stretched wide behind him and his tail lashed. The might of his blow shook the cavern.

Power Attack, charge: 1d20 + 14 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 2 - 4 = 19
Damage: 2d8 + 17 ⇒ (8, 1) + 17 = 26


Human Male Direlock 5//Fighter 1 HP 50/50; AC: 20/T 12/ FF 18; Fort: +7; Ref: +4; Will: +3; Init: +4; Per +7; Spd 30 ft.; Dire Pool: 4/7

Errisaigh blinks as he removes the eldritch tendril from Jack. The direlock shrugs his shoulders up, altering his baneful aura.

Swift Action: Swith inimica to Stricken: The direlock becomes energised by eldritch might, her weapon and physicality crackling with dark power. All enemies within the dire zone receive a -1 penalty to AC and CMD against attacks from the direlock’s dire weapon. This penalty increases by 1 for every 4 levels the direlock possesses to a maximum of -5

Then, facing the odd creature in front of him, tosses his snag-net:

Whskchaa!!!: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 14 [+4 BAB, +2 Dex, +1 inspired courage] [vs touch AC]


Human Female Pact Wizard 38 HP | AC 13, T13, FF10 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +4 | Init +2 | Spells per day 1st: 4 + 1 2nd: 3 +1 3rd: 1 + 1

Ugh. Forum ate my post. I've recently recovered from the flu. Please put me on delay while I catch back up


Shadow's Status

Round 1

Grumble smashes one of the warriors in front of him but the creature does not falter, yet.

Alice releases a force missile at the foe Grumble just struck! 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

---

Round 2

Aurex bites into Kumanda ripping him off of his back and then clawing at the creature viciously.

Nate's gravity bow rips through the creatures face. Still, it does not fall and rages only further!

tSH ONLY:
Kumanda - HP = 32/122 (10 Temp).

All are Shaken -2.

Boggard #1 vs. Errisaigh HP = 41/42 - Attack 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 2 = 16 - Spear Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Boggard #2 vs. Havelyn HP = 42/42 - Attack 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 2 = 20 - Spear Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Boggard #3 vs. Aurex HP = 25/42 - Attack 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 2 = 13 - Spear Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Boggard #4 vs. Aurex HP = 25/42 - Attack 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 2 = 15 - Spear Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Boggard #5 vs. Grumble HP = 12/42 - Attack 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 2 = 10 - Spear Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Boggard #6 vs. Grumble HP = 42/42 - Attack 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 2 = 13 - Spear Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Despite their second wave of attacks, Kumanda's warriors simply cannot pierce the superior armor of the Knot.

Errisaigh captures his foe in a net!

Kumanda meanwhile attacks Aurex back, based upon how bloodied he is, this may be the creatures' last stand.

tSH ONLY:

Kumanda Greatsword Attack 1d20 + 13 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 13 + 2 - 2 = 22 - Damage 4d6 + 16 ⇒ (5, 2, 2, 5) + 16 = 30
Kumanda Attack # 2 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 18 - Damage 4d6 + 16 ⇒ (6, 2, 4, 3) + 16 = 31

But once more, the magical armor protecting Aurex stops the blows of the Chief.

Round 2 -
Alice & Grumble & Havelyn - GO!

Round 3 -
Aurex & Nate - GO
Kumanda 8
Errisaigh
Kumanda
Alice, Havelyn, Grumble


(Alias: Patrick) Male Red Dragon Bonded Dragon 5 | AC 20 (24), Touch 11, FF 18 | HP 51/51 | F +6, R +6, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Aurex knows at these close quarters, this muscled frog-creature should have no trouble landing blows. It is likely only Nate's magic that is thwarting him. His vicious assault continues, him roaring as the fire starts to burn in his mouth.

Round 3 of 4 for fire breath.

Bite (IC, PA): 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 27
Damage (IC, PA): 1d8 + 7 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 + 6 = 15

Claw (IC, PA): 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 16
Damage (IC, PA): 1d6 + 5 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 + 4 = 13

Claw (IC, PA): 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 18
Damage (IC, PA): 1d6 + 5 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 + 4 = 14


(Alias: Nicholas Terren) Male Human Dragonrider 5/Bard 1 | AC 18, Touch 15, FF 13 | HP 47/47 | F +5, R +8, W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +8

Nate continues to fire arrows, starting to get angry. Aurex was such a destructive force, so utterly entertaining. And he was mad, which is becoming a rarer thing these days. If he falls, where would his fun go?

Using Draconic Focus feat to establish focus as a move action rather than a standard action. 2/3 Draconic Focus used.

Nate fires his magically-powered bow at Kumanda!

Attack (IC, PBS): 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 1 + 1 = 23
Gravity Bow Damage (IC, PBS, AS): 2d6 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1, 6) + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 14


Human Female Pact Wizard 38 HP | AC 13, T13, FF10 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +4 | Init +2 | Spells per day 1st: 4 + 1 2nd: 3 +1 3rd: 1 + 1

Jeez flu really eats into your brainspace.

Being boxed in, Alice sees no good way to cast a damage spell, and instead casts haste.


Human Male Direlock 5//Fighter 1 HP 50/50; AC: 20/T 12/ FF 18; Fort: +7; Ref: +4; Will: +3; Init: +4; Per +7; Spd 30 ft.; Dire Pool: 4/7

Errisaigh cruelly thrashes the netted enemy...

Fishpkk; Konch!!!: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 + 3 + 1 = 111d10 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 4 = 7 [+4 BAB, +1 enchantment, +3 Str, +1 bless; +1 enchantment, +4 THF Str] [-4 to foes Dex due to entanglememt in net]


Human Male Direlock 5//Fighter 1 HP 50/50; AC: 20/T 12/ FF 18; Fort: +7; Ref: +4; Will: +3; Init: +4; Per +7; Spd 30 ft.; Dire Pool: 4/7

[Oops, that should be +1 from inspire courage, not bless]


Shadow's Status

Round 2/3

Aurex and Nate slaughter Kumanda!

Errisaigh begins slapping around his netted foe.

Before Grumble can swing at his two opponents Zikomo screams out in the native language of these creatures as Kumanda falls.

The creatures pause and take a step back, looking at their now bloody leader...

Havelyn stays his blade to see how this plays out.

Do you all press the fight? If so, make an attack roll Grumble! If not, we will exit combat.


(Alias: Patrick) Male Red Dragon Bonded Dragon 5 | AC 20 (24), Touch 11, FF 18 | HP 51/51 | F +6, R +6, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +7
the Shining Host wrote:
The creatures pause and take a step back, looking at their now bloody leader...

Just to be clear, who are they looking at specifically?


Shadow's Status
Aurex wrote:
the Shining Host wrote:
The creatures pause and take a step back, looking at their now bloody leader...
Just to be clear, who are they looking at specifically?

They are staring in horror at the bloody heap that was once "invincible" Kumanda.


(Alias: Patrick) Male Red Dragon Bonded Dragon 5 | AC 20 (24), Touch 11, FF 18 | HP 51/51 | F +6, R +6, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Aurex roars, eyes wild with rage and hatred. He grabs the bloodied corpse of Kumanda and shakes it, violently showering the frog-like creatures with the blood and gore of their former leader. "BOW, OR DIE WITH HIM!" He roars.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


Shadow's Status

The Horn - The Lower Caverns

Not surprisingly, the creatures all bow, most shaking with fear.

Zikomo begins to dance with glee, it seems that he indeed seek to dispatch of Kumanda, "Oh great and mighty Dragon, what will you command of us!"

Combat is Over. I will provide Kumanda's gear when I have a free moment to take a look at exactly what he had.


(Alias: Patrick) Male Red Dragon Bonded Dragon 5 | AC 20 (24), Touch 11, FF 18 | HP 51/51 | F +6, R +6, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Aurex fixes a withering stare onto Zikomo, clearly telling him to join his brethren in bowing.

After a suitable pause, Aurex speaks. "I am your new master. These two legs and I will be staying here for as long as we need to, and you will be our servants, guides, and warriors during that time. For now, you will tell us what you know of the Horn, the layout and all creatures and traps and anything else of importance." He commands.

Aurex makes sure to stress the hierarchy carefully. HE is the one in charge of these two-legged-frog-people, but he did not place himself above or below the rest of the party. Although he knows that when he gains his full power he will be leagues above any of them, for now he will bide his time and play the equal.


Human Male Direlock 5//Fighter 1 HP 50/50; AC: 20/T 12/ FF 18; Fort: +7; Ref: +4; Will: +3; Init: +4; Per +7; Spd 30 ft.; Dire Pool: 4/7

Glaring mightily at his netted oppon...servant, Errisaigh tugs irritatedly until he frees the tangled creature. He takes a few moments to fold it up, ready for the next engagement.


HP 53/53, Temp HP: 8, Cold, Electricity, Fire resist 5, AC 23, For +10, Ref +5, Will +6 Corruption 5/5 Active Effects: Cowardice Aura

As the din of battle died down and the boggards trembled before the might of the dragon, Jack shouldered his axe and waited to see what would happen next.

A few tense moments later he gestured to the chieftain's corpse. "Hey Rex... you gonna eat that?"


(Alias: Patrick) Male Red Dragon Bonded Dragon 5 | AC 20 (24), Touch 11, FF 18 | HP 51/51 | F +6, R +6, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +7

It takes Aurex several moments to realize that "Rex" is referring to him. He looks down at the corpse for a moment, sniffing it, then shakes his head.


HP 53/53, Temp HP: 8, Cold, Electricity, Fire resist 5, AC 23, For +10, Ref +5, Will +6 Corruption 5/5 Active Effects: Cowardice Aura

Jack grinned and butchered the corpse's leg with his axe. "Heard some soldiers in Ballentyne saying frogs legs was fancy eatin'. Wanted ta try it."

The bite he took out of the dead chieftain's thigh was larger than most people's heads. He chewed thoughtfully, then shrugged, clearly disappointed.


Shadow's Status

The Horn - The Lower Caverns

Zikomo stops dancing but grins at Aurex.

The rest of the tribe is a bit aghast at what Grumble does but to the victor the spoils and none object.

Zikomo approaches, "Great Dragon and friends. Come to my humble abode and we can speak of what is known and unknown".

He turns to the tribe and speaks in his strange croaking language. They turn back into the caverns from whence they initially came.

He gestures for you all to follow him.

I assume you go along?

Loot:
Greatsword +3 - Bane vs. Dragons.
Amulet Natural Armor +2
Leather Armor +2.


(Alias: Nicholas Terren) Male Human Dragonrider 5/Bard 1 | AC 18, Touch 15, FF 13 | HP 47/47 | F +5, R +8, W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +8

THAT DUDE HAD A DRAGONBANE GREATSWORD?!?

Wow I'm really glad I threw up mage armor, that would have ripped through Aurex.

Aurex would like to take the amulet of natural armor, if nobody objects.

2,501 to 2,550 of 2,555 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Shining Hosts - Way of the Wicked Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.