The Faceless GM's Irrisen: The Realm of Winter Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master kamenhero25


1,651 to 1,700 of 2,189 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Will Save (Hypnotic Stare): 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 2 = 20

The troll growls and shakes it head. It snarls something in a guttural language that most of you don't speak as Eve feels her power snap back uselessly.

Giant:
"Little human magic weak. Mistress tear mind apart!"

Nathara is up!


[img] [sheet] Female Elven Tiefling Spelldancer 3 / Mythic Champion 1 HP: 32 AC: 17 Touch: 13 FF: 14 CMD: 18 INI: +3

Still overwhelmed by the sudden eruption of combat Nathara casts her shield spell and tries to position herself in a way that she can protect her team mates. Unfortunately she can't reach Hommelstaub for now, but she still moves in front of him.

Standard action: Cast Shield
Move action: Move

PS: I have adjusted Nathara's AC accordingly.


HPs: 35; AC: 13 |Touch 11, FF 12; CMD: 12; Init: +1

Morgraine reaches over and clasps Tiferet'so shoulder, casting a spell as she does so.

protection from evil

She then starts making her way ponderously through the snow towards Inire.


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Hommelstaub looks around, muttering to himself. "Stupid useless..." He draws a scroll from his belt pouch and begins to chant in Sylvan.

Caster Level Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Spellcraft DC 18:
Summon Monster III

Teb growls as the vines curl around his legs and hold him in place before he can escape. With a roar, he tears straight through the vines with brute force.

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Strength Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Tiferet is up!

In summary: Not a lot happens. The party casts some defensive spells. Hommelstaub starts casting. Teb gets entangled so he uses his standard action to break free and being staggered, that's his whole turn.


[img] [sheet] Female Elven Tiefling Spelldancer 3 / Mythic Champion 1 HP: 32 AC: 17 Touch: 13 FF: 14 CMD: 18 INI: +3

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
"He summoning something nasty, stop him!" yells Nathara as he notices that Hommelstaub is casting.

Free action: Talk.


Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Skald 3 / Marshal 1 | HP 34/34 {conditions: none} | MP 4/5 | AC 17 (Tch 11 FF 16) | F +5, R +3, W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +6, darkvision

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Tiferet can't quite recognize the incantation Hommelstaub's conjuring, but as soon as she hears Nathara's voice over the howling winds, she knows what to do.

Her left hand briefly rummages in her belt pouch and swiftly emerges grasping a bright red vial. "Oh no you won't" she screams as she throws it at their aerial foe.

________________________________________________________________

Free Action: maintain Raging Song (2/10 rounds used)

Free Action: hold Greataxe in one hand

Move Action: retrieve Alchemist's Fire

Standard Action: throw Alchemist's Fire
   Throw (Bless): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 = 19 Concealment (low miss): 1d100 ⇒ 97 Damage (if vulnerable): 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9

Free Action: hold Greataxe in two hands


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Tif's alchemist fire flies through the air with impressive accuracy, going straight for the small fey's body. It explodes, splattering burning oil all over fey. And yet he seems unharmed.

Spellcraft DC 17:
He's shielded by Resist Energy.

Eirikr is up!

Note: Weakness to an element type adds 50% to damage after the fact, not doubling the initial roll.


[img] [sheet] Female Elven Tiefling Spelldancer 3 / Mythic Champion 1 HP: 32 AC: 17 Touch: 13 FF: 14 CMD: 18 INI: +3

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Skald 3 / Marshal 1 | HP 34/34 {conditions: none} | MP 4/5 | AC 17 (Tch 11 FF 16) | F +5, R +3, W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +6, darkvision

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

A veritable river of obscenities pours out of Tiferet's mouth. "Tsathogga's putrid buttocks" she curses. "That glorified mosquito had the brains to magically protect himself from fire!"

I liked them better when they were stupid.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Lunar Oracle 3/Guardian 1 HP: 37 AC: 15 CMD: 15 Initiative: +1

Acrobatics, High Jump: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Grapple: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Though he is briefly distracted by thoughts of somersaulting off of Ashen and onto the top of the igloo he quickly realizes that the atomie isn't that high up--he'd grabbed branches that low before, it shouldn't be that hard. He moves through the snow, Tiferet's song and his own hunger pounding in his head, forming a beat, a harmony as he locks his eyes on the fairy. He howls again as he gets closer to the fairy--it doesn't seem to notice, it's too absorbed in the scroll--he hears Nathara's warning--it's trying to cast a spell.

"Shouldn't fly slow low when there's danger underneath," he says, laughing to himself as he reaches the fairy--it's still distracted from trying to cast the spell--trying to bring in more allies now that its underlings have been killed. Eirikr smiles as widely as he can, every last one of his teeth flashing in the air, and then he leaps at the atomie, snatching its leg dangling above him and bringing it crashing back down to the ground with him.

"More fun down here, don't you think?"

Eirikr moves so he's right next to the atomie, jumps and snatches it out of the air.


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Concentration: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

The fey barely reacts as Eirikr drags him down, snarling at the skinwalker without so much as losing rhythm in his chanting.

Inire is up!


R20 Half-elven Rogue/Bard 3 (VMC)//Trickster 1 HP (31/31) IP (1/1) MP (5/5)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 21/15/16/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +04/09e/02 | Init +05
Skills:
+14: DD; +11: Stealth, Acrobatics; +8: Perception, K(Dun, Loc), L(Heroes); +7: P(Oratory), Linguistics, A(Stories); 5: K(History, Geo)

Implanted Feint: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
Scribe Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Scribe Damage (Sneak if Feinted): 1d10 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + (6, 6) = 19

Inire moves from the first target to the next. She can't really tell what all the commotion is about... but the fire flask didn't seem to do much to him. But then Eirikr comes through in the literal clutch, grabbing hold of the lithe creature... at least for now. "HOLD HIM VERY STILL EIRIKR!" Inire calls, as she sprints across the ice. Probably significantly more loudly than necessary for the winds. But better too loud than not loud enough.

As she reaches the space next to Eirikr and his captive, she seems to split in two, one slightly lighter, one slightly darker. One thrusts the curved blade for the fey's right cheek, while the other moves past on his left, and then drags backwards... if he chose wrong, he'd be opening himself up to a significantly more accurate strike.


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Inire leaps across the ice, moving across the top of the snow with supernaturally light feet. Hommelstaub screams out in pain as her blade flashes through the air and sinks deep into his body.

With the atomie well taken care of, Vosi makes another shot at the trolls. The troll manages to bursh off the ice shot this time, though Vosi still strikes true quite easily.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 64
Teb Fort Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Evelyn is up!

In summary: Hommelstaub takes 17 damage, leaving him grazed and Teb makes his save vs. Numbing Cold. I forgot that once Hommelstaub activated the scroll, he doesn't have to check to keep it working, so that's good.


Female Human Mesmerist 3, AC/FF/T 16/13/13, Initiative +3, HP 23/33 CMD: 14

Evelyn scoops up a handful of snow and attempts to throw it towards Hommelstaub attempt to distract rather than cause him any harm.

Going with Antagnoize (Feat I got this level)

Antagonize: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

Antagonize:

DC equal to 10 + the target’s Hit Dice + the target’s Wisdom modifier.

Diplomacy: For the next minute, the target takes a –2 penalty on all attacks rolls made against creatures other than you and has a 10% spell failure chance on all spells that do not target you or that have you within their area of effect.


[img] [sheet] Female Elven Tiefling Spelldancer 3 / Mythic Champion 1 HP: 32 AC: 17 Touch: 13 FF: 14 CMD: 18 INI: +3

Nathara drifts completely into the spelldance and her inner music, her breath, the motion, the environment and her sword become one. She shifts to the side and by the time her sword lashes out into a gap where there is no danger of hurting Eirikr she is still casting the spell that lets the blade flush with energy.

Move: Five Foot Step
Standard Action: Spell Strike
Cast Shocking Grasp (not defensively since Hommelstaub is grappled)
Deliver Spell with sword strike
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Weapon Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Electricity Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4

PS:
Cornfirm Crit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Weapon Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Electricity Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

And two crits trivialize a boss fight... sigh.

Nathara's blade crackles with lightning as she delivers a brutal blow to the pinned fey. He barely has time to squeal in pain before she cuts him clean in half, the electricity cauterizing the wound and leaving him in two smoking pieces on the ground.

Teb Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

The troll bellows with rage and storms over, stomping through the entangling vines like they're not even there. He roars and brings his spear around in a sweeping attack, aiming straight for Nathara. The blade slashes across her chest, going straight through her clothes and leaving a huge bloody gash. Without missing a beat, the momentum carries the blow straight through her body and toward his next victim: Inire. His attack over extends and Inire manages to weave out of the way in time to avoid taking a slash from his spear.

Attack (Power Attack): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 2 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 6 = 17
Cleave! (Power Attack): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 2 = 12

Tiferet is up!

In summary: Nathara executes Hommelstaub. Teb is displeased and replies with 17 damage to the tiefling and leaving her wounded, though his attempt to cleave into Inire fails.


R20 Half-elven Rogue/Bard 3 (VMC)//Trickster 1 HP (31/31) IP (1/1) MP (5/5)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 21/15/16/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +04/09e/02 | Init +05
Skills:
+14: DD; +11: Stealth, Acrobatics; +8: Perception, K(Dun, Loc), L(Heroes); +7: P(Oratory), Linguistics, A(Stories); 5: K(History, Geo)

It's okay, seriously! Just remember that for every boss we twoshot, there will be zombies who make us take a nap at 9 in the morning. :) Also, you were only 1 off from -killing- a player right there, a nat 20 is going to suck if it comes up.

Inire's eyes widen as she almost gets shishkebabed with Nathara. She sucks in her stomach as she drops away from the attack.


Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Skald 3 / Marshal 1 | HP 34/34 {conditions: none} | MP 4/5 | AC 17 (Tch 11 FF 16) | F +5, R +3, W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +6, darkvision

Shouldn't Morgraine have gone before me? Still, I believe my action won't have that much of an impact so I might as well post it anyway.

Yep. That is how I like them Tiferet smirks as she watches the obnoxious fey being first grabbed down, and then promptly butchered by the combined effort of Eirikr, Nathara, and Inire. Her relief is short-lived, however, as the troll finally manages to close the distance – and her Sister takes the brunt of the attack.

"Nathara!" she can only scream at the top of her lungs as she desperately runs to the dark-skinned elf's aid.

But as much as she tries, the snow is like a white molasses, hampering her every movement, refusing to give way even as her every muscles screams in the futile attempt to propel her forward.

"Þú! Ég mun brjóta hvert bein í líkama þínum með berum höndum mínum. Og þá horfa á þig endurfæða þá bara þannig að ég get skemmt þær að nýju!"

Skald:
"You! I will break every bone in your body with my bare hands. And then watch you regenerate them only so that I can break them anew!"

________________________________________________________________

Free Action: maintain Raging Song (3/10 rounds used)

Swift Action: activate Arcane Strike

Move Action: move 1 square NW, 1 square N

Standard Action: intimidate Teb
   Intimidate: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

I think I misread the initiative order. Oops.

Morgraine is up (Retroactively)!


HPs: 35; AC: 13 |Touch 11, FF 12; CMD: 12; Init: +1

Morgraine is already turning her attention to the huge troll as her companions mob the fey. She glances over at Tiff for the briefest of moments then moves into range as she begins the gestures of an old, ancient hex, one of her eyes glossing over, a pale white orb as she stares menacingly at the enemy and whispers under her breath.

Moving to the square to the right of Ashen. Evil eye, targeting Teb's attacks. Will save, DC 15. Success means it lasts one round. On a failure, it will last 7 rounds.


Male Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Lunar Oracle 3/Guardian 1 HP: 37 AC: 15 CMD: 15 Initiative: +1

Eirikr delays his action until after Inire acts


R20 Half-elven Rogue/Bard 3 (VMC)//Trickster 1 HP (31/31) IP (1/1) MP (5/5)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 21/15/16/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +04/09e/02 | Init +05
Skills:
+14: DD; +11: Stealth, Acrobatics; +8: Perception, K(Dun, Loc), L(Heroes); +7: P(Oratory), Linguistics, A(Stories); 5: K(History, Geo)

Terrified, but resolute, Inire steps into the trolls range - the snow being of no real difficulty to her. She couldn't do much for Nathara... but she could provide cover to her allies movements; she would strictly be in the way. It helped that all of its bellowing was lost in the perfect serenity of silence. She slips past the troll in clear defiance of taking her companions.

Scribe Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Scribe Damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Will Save (Hypnotic): 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 2 = 19 I believe that Eve stare is still in effect. And it doesn't matter anyway :P

The troll shakes off Morgraine's hex and she can feel his mind rejecting her attempt to curse him. It doesn't change any of the rolls from his turn, so we're good.

Remember Tif takes a -4 because she's a size smaller than the troll.

The troll growls at Tif's challenge, but seems utterly unimpressed. He wheels around as Inire tries to move past him. With her so close to him, he releases his spear with one hand and tears across her chest with one hand, leaving some bloody claw marks on her side. I know technically he can't use his claws, but his bite has identical stats and the claw attack makes it more cinematic.

Attack (Power Attack): 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 2 = 19
Damage (Power Attack, Stare): 1d4 + 3 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 6 - 2 = 10

Eirikr is up!

In summary: Inire inflicts 9 damage on Teb, who then gets his AoO and inflicts 10 damage back.


Female Human Mesmerist 3, AC/FF/T 16/13/13, Initiative +3, HP 23/33 CMD: 14

eve's Stare should knock 2 damage off of Nath as well


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Way too late to modify that post, but I changed it in the campaign tab.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Lunar Oracle 3/Guardian 1 HP: 37 AC: 15 CMD: 15 Initiative: +1

Eirikr blinks for a second as Nathara bisects the atomie still struggling in his hands with her sword, but quickly remembers that they are in the midst of a battle and drops the still smoldering corspe to the ground. He glances at Inire--their eyes lock for a second, and he looks up at the troll--in that instance he knows what to do, and waits for her to make her move and get an opening.

He winces as the troll's claws rake across Inire's chest, wounds that should've been his--but he takes this chance to make his move, drawing his spear and moving towards the troll. For a moment, time seems to slow and light starts to coalesce around his head, silver mist forming into horns like that of a stag, each one crowned with seven shining tines. He snarls at the troll, twisting past Inire, Ashen bounding behind him as they move to shield Nathara.

"Nice spear. Mine's bigger," says Eirikr as he thrusts his weapon at the troll with all of his strength, the power of Tiferet's song and his own hunger and rage coursing through him, guiding his strike straight towards the troll's gut. As soon as he hits, he pulls himself forward, his teeth flashing in the dark, ready to tear the troll's throat right out of his neck, and then he brings his horns crashing down into the troll's chest.

Eirikr's Spear Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage, Power Attack: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Eirikr's Bite Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Damage, Power Attack: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Eirikr's Gore Attack: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Not even going to pretend that one hit...
Ashen's Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Ashen's Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Eirikr moves into melee range with the troll. I'm saying his combat feat is Weapon Focus (Bite) btw. He uses Gift of Claw and Horn to gain a gore attack. Using power attack, he stabs it with his spear, bites it, and tries to gore it with his werewolf horns. Ashen bites it, and gets a trip if he succeeds. DM forgive me for having done this.


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Trip Attempt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Eirikr and Ashen move in together, spear and fangs lashing out to tear into the troll's flesh. They leave bloody wounds all along his arms and torso as they attack, though they don't seem to impede the troll all that much.

Evelyn is up!

In summary: Eirikr and Ashen manage to inflict 20 damage total on Teb.


Female Human Mesmerist 3, AC/FF/T 16/13/13, Initiative +3, HP 23/33 CMD: 14

Seeing the troll focus in on Mouse, Evelyn tries to distract him. "You're is the best your mistress could muster? Seems this won't be nearly as hard as we expected."

Antagonize: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

DC equal to 10 + the target’s Hit Dice + the target’s Wisdom modifier.

Antagonize:
For the next minute, the target takes a –2 penalty on all attacks rolls made against creatures other than you and has a 10% spell failure chance on all spells that do not target you or that have you within their area of effect.


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

The troll growls, his eyes narrowing on Eve.

Nathara is up!

In summary: Eve antagonizes Teb. I forgot to mention, Vosi really has nothing, so he's passing until further notice.


[img] [sheet] Female Elven Tiefling Spelldancer 3 / Mythic Champion 1 HP: 32 AC: 17 Touch: 13 FF: 14 CMD: 18 INI: +3

And thus the moment of clarity Nathara had fades with the blow of a troll. Curiously the first thing she feels, before even the pain gets through is sorrow for the loss of that moment.

A short, yet sharp scream escapes her throat and resisting the urge to flee in panic adds further to pain. The unnatural beast is strong within Nathara. She cannot retreat now. They all put their lives on the line and wounded or not, she is still a warrior.

She closes the gap to the creature, and disregarding the terror its mere sight causes in her. Her balance may be gone, yet there is something underneath her skin that is still fighting. Tiferet's voice echoes in her head and gives her comfort, the second blow against Inire only fuels her demonic rage.

"There is still fight in this elf from hell to bring the light of heaven, sister!"

Nathara is wounded.
Move: Five-foot-step NW

Full Round Action: Spell Combat
a) Sword Attack: +2 base attack + 3 strength + 2 master work + 1 weapon focus - 2 wounded - 2 spell combat => +4
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

b) Cast Daze, Will negates, DC 14
This does provoke an attack of opportunity, but it appears as though he has none left. Nathara's AC, modified by her being wounded is 19.


HPs: 35; AC: 13 |Touch 11, FF 12; CMD: 12; Init: +1

Morgraine swears choice, colorful, and imaginative curses under her breath! Rather than forcing the troll to tire himself coming to them as she had expected, several of her eager companions were pressing forward into the mass of grasping vegetation. The spell was playing havoc with both sides now. With a quick jerk of her hand and a muttered incantation, she kills the spell and the plants fall back under the snow. She then continues trying to plow forward through the snow and make her way towards the fight. She spares not a glance for the wolf ravaged fey corpse, but moves right over it.

(Or moves under the corpse, judging by the map. :) Standard action: dismiss entangle. I moved her token 15 ft for last round, and another 15 for this round's move action as she moves towards those most wounded in hopes of healing them.


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Will Save (Hyponotic, Grazed): 1d20 + 4 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 2 - 1 = 13

Teb catches Nathara's blade on the haft of his spear, easily repelling her strike. His eyes glaze over for an instant as her spell interferes with his mind. He stumbles, barely able to keep himself steady.

Tiferet is up!


R20 Half-elven Rogue/Bard 3 (VMC)//Trickster 1 HP (31/31) IP (1/1) MP (5/5)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 21/15/16/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +04/09e/02 | Init +05
Skills:
+14: DD; +11: Stealth, Acrobatics; +8: Perception, K(Dun, Loc), L(Heroes); +7: P(Oratory), Linguistics, A(Stories); 5: K(History, Geo)

Action: Tabletop Night!:

Acrobatics (Grazed): 1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 11 - 1 = 29 Awwww...

Scribe Attack (Grazed, Defensive, Flank): 1d20 + 7 - 1 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 1 - 4 + 2 = 22 Wait!
Scribe Confirm (Grazed, Defensive, Flank): 1d20 + 7 - 1 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 1 - 4 + 2 = 21 Yes?!
Scribe Damage (Crit, Sneak): 1d10 + 5 + 1d10 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (9) + 5 + (1) + 5 + (3, 5) = 28

Seeing the troll's eyes glaze over when she'd expected to catch a spear in her side again, Inire pauses for just long enough to recognize that Morgraine's spell had receded, and her fear of the grasping tentacles vegetation recedes at the same time. Seeing the troll's staff busy with Nathara's sword, Inire vaults over both, and then rolls, and turns, blade between her and the creature the whole time. As she comes to a stop across from Ashen, she lashes out at the likely-befuddled and quite-busy troll, before immediately raising her blade in defense once more.

+2 AC (3 fight defensive, -1 Grazed) for the round. -5 to AoO's (defensive, grazed)


Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Skald 3 / Marshal 1 | HP 34/34 {conditions: none} | MP 4/5 | AC 17 (Tch 11 FF 16) | F +5, R +3, W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +6, darkvision

I can't get into melee range this turn, so I'm going to stall once more.

Tiferet desperately looks for an opening in the chaotic melee raging around the troll, but finds none.

If I can't find one, I'll create one she thinks as she whispers the enchantment that makes her disappear into thin air.

________________________________________________________________

Free Action: maintain Raging Song (4/10 rounds used)

Swift Action: activate Arcane Strike

Move Action: move 1 square NW, 1 square W

Standard Action: cast Vanish on herself


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Acrobatics (Grazed): 1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 11 - 1 = 29 Awwww...

Scribe Attack (Grazed, Defensive, Flank): 1d20 + 7 - 1 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 1 - 4 + 2 = 22 Wait!
Scribe Confirm (Grazed, Defensive, Flank): 1d20 + 7 - 1 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 1 - 4 + 2 = 21 Yes?!
Scribe Damage (Crit, Sneak): 1d10 + 5 + 1d10 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (9) + 5 + (1) + 5 + (3, 5) = 28

Seeing the troll's eyes glaze over when she'd expected to catch a spear in her side again, Inire pauses for just long enough to recognize that Morgraine's spell had receded, and her fear of the grasping tentacles vegetation recedes at the same time. Seeing the troll's staff busy with Nathara's sword, Inire vaults over both, and then rolls, and turns, blade between her and the creature the whole time. As she comes to a stop across from Ashen, she lashes out at the likely-befuddled and quite-busy troll, before immediately raising her blade in defense once more.

Eirikr is up!

In summary: Inire inflicts another 28 damage on the troll. He's now critical.


Male Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Lunar Oracle 3/Guardian 1 HP: 37 AC: 15 CMD: 15 Initiative: +1

Eirikr's Spear Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage, Power Attack: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Eirikr's Bite Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage, Power Attack: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Eirikr's Gore Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Ashen's Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Eirirk hisses through his teeth as the troll seems to absorb most of his blows without effort. He steps back--only for a moment, and closes his eyes, feeling divine power surging through his muscles, redirecting the strength of his blows--guiding his hands to the troll's softest flesh. Seconds after Inire makes her move, he attacks again--spear, teeth, and horns all flashing in the dark, ready to finally rend this monster to pieces.

Eirikr uses Flexibility to switch Weapon Focus for Combat Stamina. He puts 3 points into his bite, and 2 into his gore. Assuming the bite hits, he loses Sickened; regardless, he's now fatigued. Ashen attacks as well.


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Eirikr and Ashen leap at the still disoriented troll again. Eirikr's spear drives deep into the trolls side, then both of them clamp their jaws around the troll's throat and tear in opposite directions. The troll tries to howl in pain, but it comes out as more of a broken gurgle before he falls back in the snow, red blood coloring the snow all around him.

Combat ends!

Perception DC 21:
As the troll falls, you notice that the snow seems to have changed direction and has lightened, but the portal seems as strong as ever.


Male Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Lunar Oracle 3/Guardian 1 HP: 37 AC: 15 CMD: 15 Initiative: +1

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

With the troll dead, Eirikr nearly falls to his knees, his horns fading back into moonlight and his body shifts back to human. He holds himself steady on his spear, giving the troll a good kick before looking back at Inire and Nathara--they're both clearly hurt, and Nathara's injuries look especially grievous. Without a word, he pulls himself up from the ground and walks over to Nathara and then Inire, placing his hands on them each in turn.

Cure Light Wounds on Nathara: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Cure Light Wounds on Nathara: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Cure Light Wounds on Inire: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

"Wind's shifted. Snow's getting lighter too. Portal hasn't changed though," says Eirikr, licking his lips after he speaks. "Also--troll is kind of salty. But also a little bit sour. I don't think I'll have it again."


HPs: 35; AC: 13 |Touch 11, FF 12; CMD: 12; Init: +1

"Let's hope you don't have to." Morgraine says softly, a bit taken aback at the sudden overwhelming ferocity. "Not for a while at least." The boy had finished off the troll and nonchalantly healed the two women while she herself was still making her way forward through the snow. She was suddenly thankful things had not taken a turn south between them back at the hut.

A quick glance told her that the worse of the injuries were dealt with. Her eyes move towards the portal and her feet follow.

K Arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Kettu Aid other: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Morgraine steps forward to the portal, having to shield her eyes for a moment as another gust of wind kicks up the snow at her feet. She examines the portal as best she can, though such magic is well beyond the scope of anything she'd imagined before. Nothing seems to be generating or even supporting the portal from here, meaning that whatever powers the portal must be on the far side. It's definitely still going just as strong as ever, so whatever is affecting the snowfall must be on the other side as well. Kettu sniffs around the base of the ice pillars, but simply shakes himself and looks around confused.

Perception DC 21 Must be near portal:
Anyone near the portal can feel the wind dying down more and they can hear... a horse? It's definitely the sound of a horse's hooves, but a horse's hooves on snow...


Male Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Lunar Oracle 3/Guardian 1 HP: 37 AC: 15 CMD: 15 Initiative: +1

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Eirikr walks towards the portal, trying to see if he can spot what's on the other side. "Any idea how to stop it?" he says as he steps behind Morgraine, squinting and trying to shield his eyes with his hand.


HPs: 35; AC: 13 |Touch 11, FF 12; CMD: 12; Init: +1

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

"Not really. This is far beyond my knowledge and power, but I fear we'll have to pass through. It is powered and flows from the other side... SHH!"

Morgraine tilts her head, straining as if listening then whispers. "I hear a horse's hooves....

As she continues to listen, does it sound like it's coming closer? Walking or galloping?


R20 Half-elven Rogue/Bard 3 (VMC)//Trickster 1 HP (31/31) IP (1/1) MP (5/5)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 21/15/16/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +04/09e/02 | Init +05
Skills:
+14: DD; +11: Stealth, Acrobatics; +8: Perception, K(Dun, Loc), L(Heroes); +7: P(Oratory), Linguistics, A(Stories); 5: K(History, Geo)

As Eirikr begins making his rounds, Inire pulls out an alchemist fire and hurls it down onto the still body. "Have to burn it... or it grows back." she says, explaining the waste, since she can't know if anyone else had complained.

She immediately ducks into the igloos to look around inside, and should that bear no fruit, she'd head to the cave, while the others focused on the portal. She wasn't at all interested in even approaching the portal, just yet... they really needed to hunker down after all of... that.

Perception First Roll: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Perception Igloo North: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Perception Igloo West: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Perception Igloo South: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Perception Igloo East: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Perception Cave: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Also, Eirikr reminds me to be sneaky.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 When/if needed!


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Inire begins to search through the camp, giving it a careful once over. All of the igloos are empty save for the basic furnishings Nathara found earlier, and all of the chests of supplies are still unused. But inside the cave she finds something interesting: a heavy iron bound chest. It seems to be locked with a fairly simple iron padlock.

At the portal, Morgraine can hear the horse coming closer in a slow methodical walk. Though the glow of the portal makes it difficult to see, a vague dark shape seems to be getting larger.


R20 Half-elven Rogue/Bard 3 (VMC)//Trickster 1 HP (31/31) IP (1/1) MP (5/5)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 21/15/16/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +04/09e/02 | Init +05
Skills:
+14: DD; +11: Stealth, Acrobatics; +8: Perception, K(Dun, Loc), L(Heroes); +7: P(Oratory), Linguistics, A(Stories); 5: K(History, Geo)

Inire looks over her shoulder to see if anyone was nearby. If they weren't, she'd get to work... otherwise:

"Be careful... I'm going to try to open this. If it throws fire at us, or tries to stab me with a poisoned dart... or a crossbow bolt.." she shrugs. Then... sets to work.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24 I forgot about masterwork thieves tools, so I need to update my tagline. 14 is the correct mod.


Male Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Lunar Oracle 3/Guardian 1 HP: 37 AC: 15 CMD: 15 Initiative: +1

"Reinforcements," hisses Eirikr, stepping forwards towards the portal, drawing his spear again and pointing it towards whatever's approaching.


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Inire easily opens the chest, the simple lock giving way to her superior skills without effort. Inside she finds what can only be the troll's personal horde. It includes:

- 4 glass vials of a pale white liquid
- 4 blue gem stones
- A silver diadem
- A beautiful diamond
- A jewel studded necklace
- A painting of a white city covered in snow
- Three silver rings with a bright blue sapphire in each
- A decorative filigree longsword scabbard
- An ivory carving of dancing nymphs
- 2,457 gp
- 3,313 sp
- 1,760 cp

Spellcraft DC 16:
The vials are potions of feather step.

Knowledge Local or Nature DC 17:
The blue gems are a special kind of quartz only found in Irrisen known as ice diamonds

Knowledge Geography DC 16:
The painting is Irrisen's capital city of Whitethrone, done in fine oil paint.

The snow in the clearing goes completely still, even the wind dies down completely, leaving the air unnaturally still. The temperature seems to drop even lower and the remaining flakes drifting on the air almost seem to be falling in slow motion. Whatever is on the other side of the portal seems like it's getting very close.


R20 Half-elven Rogue/Bard 3 (VMC)//Trickster 1 HP (31/31) IP (1/1) MP (5/5)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 21/15/16/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +04/09e/02 | Init +05
Skills:
+14: DD; +11: Stealth, Acrobatics; +8: Perception, K(Dun, Loc), L(Heroes); +7: P(Oratory), Linguistics, A(Stories); 5: K(History, Geo)

Inire slowly opens the top of the chest once the lock gives up... immediately dropping backwards to the floor and letting it drop back to closed with a loud 'thump'. Joan had always said that easy locks were a trap in and of themselves.

But nothing bad happened. She slowly opened the box once more, and then her eyes went wide as she let the box drop back closed, blinking a few times.

Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Geo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


R20 Half-elven Rogue/Bard 3 (VMC)//Trickster 1 HP (31/31) IP (1/1) MP (5/5)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 21/15/16/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +04/09e/02 | Init +05
Skills:
+14: DD; +11: Stealth, Acrobatics; +8: Perception, K(Dun, Loc), L(Heroes); +7: P(Oratory), Linguistics, A(Stories); 5: K(History, Geo)

Inire pauses, and slowly looks over her shoulder as she notices that the hearing that had eventually returned... was replaced by the sound of silence. Mmmmmm...

"I found treasure!" she decides to share, since the wind had died down. She opens the chest enough to snag the ivory nymphs for herself, though. Dibs.


Male Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Lunar Oracle 3/Guardian 1 HP: 37 AC: 15 CMD: 15 Initiative: +1

"Something's coming," says Eirikr back at her. He closes his eyes and readies himself for whatever is about to attack them.

Eirikr uses Martial Flexibility to get Weapon Focus: Spear. I'm down to one spell slot so I'm not going to cast anything--hopefully my buffs haven't expired yet...

1,651 to 1,700 of 2,189 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Faceless GM's Irrisen: The Realm of Winter Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.