The Dragon's Demand PbP

Game Master dickie

Roll20 Page


1,851 to 1,900 of 1,963 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

Male Elf Wizard 5 | AC 14, Touch 13, FF 11 | HP 30/37 | F +4, R +5, W +7 | Init +14 | Perc +4

"How...spectacular." Renliat's tone implies it may be more showy than anything, although he still seems amused. "Whoever built this had quite a flair for the dramatic. That can be good and bad; they likely won't have made traps that are too ruthlessly efficient, but there will be expensive and flashy ones."


Hp 33/43 | AC: 20, T: 12, FF: 18, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Fatigued

"Uh, okay then. Good idea Spitter, you go first, but be careful. I'll bring up the rear."


HP 36/43 | AC 21, T 12, FF 19 | F 7, R 2, W 8 | Perception +10 Male Dwarf Warpriest of Gorum /5|

"Right behind you little dragon."

Says the Dwarf as he readies his weapon and moved behind the Kobold.


The stone spiral stairs open onto a circular alcove looking out into a great domed chamber. Seven statues stand to the north, and seven more to the south-burly figures wielding large hammers. A single stone sarcophagus sits in the center of this room, at the bottom of a series of four tiers descending in five-foot increments.

Four creatures like dwarves, but with red-hot flesh and a wreath of flame around their head and shoulders lift warhammers upon sighting Drahlneep. "Turn away or be ground to dust," one commands.


Male Elf Wizard 5 | AC 14, Touch 13, FF 11 | HP 30/37 | F +4, R +5, W +7 | Init +14 | Perc +4

What knowledge check can I make to identify them?


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 32/34| Speed 30ft | AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 14, CMD 12 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

I know these guys. Knowledge 'Planes' is what you are looking for Ren.

Spitting to the side, Spitter expands his wings gently and speaks from the entrance.

Spoken in Ignan...:
"Fire eaters! Greetings. We are here for...what exactly is the best way to describe it? Relieving these obviously dead from their valuable dragon-slaying implements? There is a dragon on the loose above, and evil one that threatens these people's ancestors. We need to hunt it down and kill it or at least drive it away. Can you help us here? We promise not to disturb the bodies themselves...at least as little as possible."

Diplomacy(Unskilled): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Spitter then turns back to the others.

"Don't worry. I asked if we could just take the dead people's stuff.


Spitter is correct, planar knowledge would be most relevant.

The original speaker replies to Spitter in Ignan.

Ignan:
"If you speak true, obtain Lady Tula's blessing of your undertaking. She rests elsewhere. Until then, we will fight to the death to protect the Gold Knight's Tomb."

The other three grunt and heft their hammers in determination.


Male Elf Wizard 5 | AC 14, Touch 13, FF 11 | HP 30/37 | F +4, R +5, W +7 | Init +14 | Perc +4

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

"What do they say, Spitter?" Renliat looks very uninterested in firing such fiery creatures.


Renliat can easily tell these beings are Azers, natives to the elemental plane of fire with a rigid caste system and society. They are immune to fire based attacks and have some resistance to magic, but vulnerable to the cold.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 32/34| Speed 30ft | AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 14, CMD 12 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

"The fire eaters say we can get permission from the 'Lady Tula' to enter here. She in another part of the tomb however. I say that would be a smart move. These guys look determined...but not evil."


HP 36/43 | AC 21, T 12, FF 19 | F 7, R 2, W 8 | Perception +10 Male Dwarf Warpriest of Gorum /5|

"This place sure has a lot of 'Planers'." Says the Dwarf as he eyes the creatures.
"Alright, lets look around some more. Might just find another fight. If not these lads will still be here."


Male Elf Wizard 5 | AC 14, Touch 13, FF 11 | HP 30/37 | F +4, R +5, W +7 | Init +14 | Perc +4

Renliat nods quickly. "Yes let's find this Lady Tula." Although his fingers itch, and he can already feel the cold magic wanting to escape.


So far you haven't seen any alternate routes through the tomb, more following along where the doors and stairs have taken you.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 32/34| Speed 30ft | AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 14, CMD 12 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

"Head back up?"


Male Elf Wizard 5 | AC 14, Touch 13, FF 11 | HP 30/37 | F +4, R +5, W +7 | Init +14 | Perc +4

"Hmm, we haven't seen any side paths. Perhaps you could ask them where we can find the Lady?" Renliat suggests to Spitter.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 32/34| Speed 30ft | AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 14, CMD 12 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Shrugging, Spitter bows again to the Azer.

Ignan:
"May we ask a favor Fire-eaters? Could you give us direction to Tulia's bier? We have no problem asking for her leave, but we can't seem to find it."

Diplomacy(Unskilled): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


The lead Azer laughs and speaks in the common tongue again. "Elsewhere, I don't know. We were summoned here until those worthy came for the purpose you stated, kobold. We know nothing beyond this room. Well, very little. I would watch out for Lady Tula's husband. Now, be gone!"


HP 36/43 | AC 21, T 12, FF 19 | F 7, R 2, W 8 | Perception +10 Male Dwarf Warpriest of Gorum /5|

"Them's damn fine stonework." He says pointing to the statues and moving slowly into the room.

Perception w/ stonecunning: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 = 32

"This whole place is damn fine work."


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 32/34| Speed 30ft | AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 14, CMD 12 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Backing back into the stairwell room, Spitter spits again in annoyance.

"They know nothing. Fools. They merely follow their magical programming and never question it. We need to looks for secrets...and 'beware the husband.' Whatever a husband is. I'm assuming that's a pink-skin thing or some sort of monster I've never heard of?"


Male Elf Wizard 5 | AC 14, Touch 13, FF 11 | HP 30/37 | F +4, R +5, W +7 | Init +14 | Perc +4

"Hmm..."

What knowledge check would it be to learn more about Tulia or "the husband"?

"Well for now, let's backtrack and do a thorough search of where we've been. We very easily could have missed a secret path."


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 32/34| Speed 30ft | AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 14, CMD 12 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

That's probably a History or Nobility Check.


Local would cut it as well as History or Nobility. I think in general though you've learned everything that's been officially on the record. He balmed himself for the deaths of their youngest children, and so did she, as evidenced by the fact that they were buried in different parts of this family crypt. But since Will went and tried to edge deeper in you might want to have one last try to calm these guys down before they charge the dwarf, lol.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 32/34| Speed 30ft | AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 14, CMD 12 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Spitter finally notices the distracted dwarf...

"Stone-Eater! Don't go in there! The Fire-Eaters will roast us if we disturb the room!"


Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

Leng follows along silently, moving as quietly as his sandaled feet will allow, quite out of his depth.


Male Elf Wizard 5 | AC 14, Touch 13, FF 11 | HP 30/37 | F +4, R +5, W +7 | Init +14 | Perc +4

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

"Wilfried, retreat! We can return later!"


Hp 33/43 | AC: 20, T: 12, FF: 18, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Fatigued

As Spitter and Renliat shout to warn the dwarf, Pavo tries to reach out and grab him, by the beard if necessary, and pull him back out of the room.

"Listen to them master dwarf. They're smarter than I am anyway."


HP 36/43 | AC 21, T 12, FF 19 | F 7, R 2, W 8 | Perception +10 Male Dwarf Warpriest of Gorum /5|

Turning to the party. "Alright, but if we don't find what we're looking for."Looking back at the Azer and pointing. "I'll be back, to give you all a quick return trip your fiery home plane."

He pivots and walks from the room.

Did that 32 perception check reveal anything.?


The Azers get ready to step forward and engage but hold back when the see Wil pulled away. "We will await," the designated speaker says.

Wil didn't notice anything of note really beyond the excellent sculpture work.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 32/34| Speed 30ft | AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 14, CMD 12 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Shaking his head at the dwarf's strange attitude about rocks, Spitter motions dismissively back up the stairs.

"We must have missed something then pink-skins, on the way in. We need to go back and double check everything.

Did we ever open the secret door on the top level that I saw when I first entered the tomb?


Yes, you did. It sounds like the intention is to search, like take 20 Perception check search. Since you can find it taking 20, there is a concealed door back in the blue dragon room.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 32/34| Speed 30ft | AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 14, CMD 12 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Upon the group finding the secret entrance in the blue dragon room, Spitter triumphantly swaggers.

"Of course she picked Big Blue for her resting place! It only makes sense. Now how do we open it?"


Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

"Push it?" suggests the monk half-jokingly.


It would appear Leng is correct, despite his slight sarcasm. A solid push is enough to reveal the chamber beyond as a smallish oval room with a spiral staircase. It leads either up or down from here.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 32/34| Speed 30ft | AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 14, CMD 12 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Taking charge of the situation, Spitter climbs the stairs.

"We go up."

He doesn't seem to be planning to argue with anybody.


Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

"... should we see if it's also trapped?"


Spiral stairs descend from the eastern side of this empty room. On the wall opposite the stairs, a large white slab of stone with a keyhole in it has been fitted into an archway, blocking passage entirely.

Spitter caught whatever Pavo has that makes him rush into things, lol. I would assume because there is still more treasure to be found, lol.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 32/34| Speed 30ft | AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 14, CMD 12 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Yep. Gotta find more treasure! My hoard is lacking! Lacking I say!!


HP 36/43 | AC 21, T 12, FF 19 | F 7, R 2, W 8 | Perception +10 Male Dwarf Warpriest of Gorum /5|

"Don't run off and get killed little dragon, you wouldn't want my life to get boring. Wait for us."Says the Dwarf as he moves after the Kobold, weapon at the ready.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 32/34| Speed 30ft | AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 14, CMD 12 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Fluffing his little wings, Spitter struts on.

"Life is NEVER boring around a dragon stone-eater. Words to live...and die by."


There is no reason for me not to be upfront and specify that the keyhole in the white slab looks to require the same key it took to enter and go through another door previously.


Hp 33/43 | AC: 20, T: 12, FF: 18, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Fatigued

"Something tells me the dwarf's life is never boring."

"Heh, well said Spitter, well said."

Pavo followed along, still bringing up the rear.

"So uh, if we find this whats-her-name, then we won't have to fight those fire things?"


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 32/34| Speed 30ft | AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 14, CMD 12 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Nodding, Spitter gestures at the door.

"That's the idea. Assuming this is her tomb and not the one they warned us about."

Who has the key again?


Hp 33/43 | AC: 20, T: 12, FF: 18, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Fatigued

I think you have the key Spitter.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 32/34| Speed 30ft | AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 14, CMD 12 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Then Spitter uses the Key! Let's keep it going! Treasure awaits!


Spitter turns the key and watches as the entire stone block slowly recedes into the floor with a loud and steady grinding sound. Beyond is a huge, elegant domed chamber which houses a single marble sarcophagus at its western end. A mosaic of a black dragon decorates the floor. The ceiling is covered by a vibrant fresco of armored soldiers fighting a host of dragons, with a blonde woman of noble mien at the center, rallying the troops with her sword. In circular alcoves to the north and south stand life-sized statues of this woman, standing in a pose of triumph over the head of a defeated dragon.

"And who might this be? A new generation of dragonslayers sent to gather my treasures? I sense this among your thoughts, yet I must first ask a favor that will prove your worth to me. My husband's spirit is unquiet in his tomb-he lingers out of guilt for my death. If you would vanquish his shade and return to me with his wedding band, I shall grant you my blessing to take up arms from this crypt."

Everyone is affected by death ward AND good hope for 24 hours or until Lady Tula's request has been granted, whichever comes first!


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 32/34| Speed 30ft | AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 14, CMD 12 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Shrugging, Spitter is the first one to pipe up nodding:

"Sure. Just tell me what this 'Hub-sand' thing IS and we'll kill it. A pet of some kind? A monstrous creation?"


HP 36/43 | AC 21, T 12, FF 19 | F 7, R 2, W 8 | Perception +10 Male Dwarf Warpriest of Gorum /5|

"Good, we finally got something to fight. Now we just have to find it."

"A pet is pretty close, from what I've seen of them Little Dragon." He says with a big grin.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 32/34| Speed 30ft | AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 14, CMD 12 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Spitter looks like he just ate a lemon, he then spits among the detrious of the stairs as he moves back down.

"Ugg. 'Pets' among kobolds often have multiple uses. Most act as both guard animals as well as...I believe you call them morticians? Feeding the dead to them helps keep our caves cleaner. Oh well... we shall see then."


Male Elf Wizard 5 | AC 14, Touch 13, FF 11 | HP 30/37 | F +4, R +5, W +7 | Init +14 | Perc +4

Renliat flinches at the voice, looking around for it. "We will be happy to put an unquiet spirit to rest, Lady Tula. Do you know where he is, or does he wander the tomb?"


"Seek Alturic below," Lady Tula's disembodied voice replies to Renliat.

1,851 to 1,900 of 1,963 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dragon's Demand PbP Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.