The Dragon's Demand PbP

Game Master dickie

Roll20 Page


1,601 to 1,650 of 2,135 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

Male Elf Wizard 5 | AC 14, Touch 13, FF 11 | HP 30/37 | F +4, R +5, W +7 | Init +14 | Perc +4

Renliat turns to witness the fire drake land. Oh, oh that's not good at all. He sucks in breath for a moment and reaches for his last burning hands scroll, but pauses. This is getting out of hand, this needs to end. He digs lower into his pack and pulls out a different scroll, one that looks much older. He raises it and activates it with a word.

Caster Level Check DC 7: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 Success

A red bead flies out from the scroll, streaking towards the stage. Renliat barks an incantation and snaps his fingers, and the bead changes to icy blue before erupting into a frozen explosion!

Cold Damage: 6d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 5, 2, 2, 6, 3) + 2 = 22 DC 20 reflex for half

Using my fireball scroll to cast fireball at CL6. Using versatile evocation to change the damage to cold damage. I should be able to catch Chosk and the fire drake without hitting anybody else by centering it south of them.


Leng?


I'll give him until tomorrow before botting his action. I know Leng's had a lot going on lately and probably just isn't able to get onto the map.


Oh, I'm dumb. Spitter hasn't taken a full action yet, likely because he's waiting to see if the kobold disappears or not. Taking Leng's AoO.

Leng AoO w/bless: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10

Leng's chain shoots out, but catches on one of the chairs causing it to go off target.

Sesserak drinks down her potion and fades away from view.

Okay, so Spitter and Leng both need full actions.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 1/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

I'm confused. So my Hero Point Re-roll for AoO didn't hit? Or did the other kobold still have enough hit points to live through the attack?

Scent Ability:
(Under the Invisibility Description) A creature with the scent ability can detect an invisible creature as it would a visible one.

Sniffing heavily, Spitter tries to find the invisible kobold...

Perception(Scent): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Even with a '1' I think I made that perception check if he's just standing there invisible...?

In case I can hit him...:
Bite!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Bite Damage!: 1d8 ⇒ 2
+
Claw!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Claw Damage!: 1d6 ⇒ 4
+
Claw!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Claw Damage!: 1d6 ⇒ 6


You did hit, but she survived the hit, yes. Since I want to keep rolling, I'm going to give Leng until tomorrow morning to roll his own attacks or take some other action. Spitter drawing blood with a claw just now confirms that she is still there. Barely after your full round...


Leng flurry w/bless: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 = 13
Leng flurry w/bless: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 = 21
Damage if hit: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 36

Spitter and Leng launch a furious assault on Sesserak. One of Spitter's claws carves a hole in the female kobold. Leng's chain flashes out, nearly finishing Sesserak off, but her invisibility manages to barely keep her alive. Spitter smells her scent retreating. She moves around the theater looking for a way out and trying to avoid the heavy fighting around her.

AFD Ref: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

The drake tries to jump away from Renliat's magical cold, though still suffers pretty severe harm.

Harzogopas is caught by Pavo's swinging rope. He sighs and gives Pavo a look before trying to squirm out of it.

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

"Oh, come on! Again with this?"

Things look bad for the hero! Harz...Harz is the hero! lol.

The flame drake moves with amazing quickness to confront Wil, stopping ten feet away from him. It moves in to snap his head off with a bite then flails it's powerful tail at the dwarf.

Bite: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Damage if hit: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (2, 5) + 7 = 14 Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Tail Slap: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage if hit: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Everyone is up!


Male Elf Wizard 5 | AC 14, Touch 13, FF 11 | HP 30/37 | F +4, R +5, W +7 | Init +14 | Perc +4

Didn't I manage to catch a second enemy with my cold fireball as well?


Uh, not exactly. He was a civvie who was wounded previously, but healed by Wil. I had forgotten to have him stagger off previously, so I just sort of overlooked that, lol. I figure you don't want to kill him...


Male Elf Wizard 5 | AC 14, Touch 13, FF 11 | HP 30/37 | F +4, R +5, W +7 | Init +14 | Perc +4

Oh. Well I guess I am just massively confused about the map and who is who. Could I have caught Harzo than? Either way I'm going to keep moving.

Renliat gets on Wil's shoulder, backing him up. "Valignatir cha'sidic...xarzith!" A blast of fire comes out, once again freezing over before washing over the fire drake!

Cold Damage: 5d4 ⇒ (4, 4, 3, 2, 1) = 14 DC 18 reflex for half

Burning hands, changing to cold damage.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 1/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Perception w/scent: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Chasing after the retreating kobold, Spitter let's the dino's instincts guide him!

Bite! w/Bless: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8
Bite Damage!: 1d8 ⇒ 2


Hp 43/43 | AC: 24, T: 12, FF: 22, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Normal

"I thought you devils were into bondage" Pavo said with a smile. He gave a quick tug on the rope before dropping it and dashing forward, drawing a short, blunt stick off his waist. Closing in on the entangled imp, Pavo swung his stick, but instead of smacking the creature across the head, he turned his wrist at the last moment and used it to ensnare the little devil in his thick arms, the stick coming up to crush the imp's throat.

Grapple, dan bong: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 = 30


Free Action: Drop lasso
Move Action: Move and draw dan bong
Standard Action: Grapple attempt

dan bong:

These short, blunt sticks are held in the hands to enhance unarmed martial techniques.

Benefit: They provide the wielder with the ability to lock an opponent and target pressure points that grant her a +2 bonus on her combat maneuver to grapple.


HP 43/43 | AC 21, T 12, FF 19 | F 7, R 2, W 8 | Perception +10 Male Dwarf Warpriest of Gorum /5|

Stepping forward Wilfried stabs the drake and activates Fervor on himself.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9

But the creature rears back an instant before the blow strikes.

Fervor heal: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Five foot step.
Attack standard action.
Fervor on self swift action.
current hit points 14/35.


Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

Since I can't see invisible, if the enemy moves I think I have no way to target anything?


For the kobold ranger, yes. Harz is currently visible and caught, though I don't know what Pavo wants to do with him exactly. The flame drake is also very visible.


Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

Leng stumbles over the chairs and up to the stage to confront the fire drake so that he can miss it with his chain there.

Kusarigama attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

As predicted.


AFD Ref: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Although Wil and Leng both miss, they throw the drake's movements off enough that Ren catches it full-force with his fan of intense cold. It writhes in agony for a moment before inhaling deeply.

"Damn." Harzogopas says with a sigh. "Fine, I'm caught, as long as you hold me. But you know why they call it a flame drake, right?"

The drake spits a glob of fire at Reliat, cause of it's misery, which explodes over everyone.

Fireball Breath: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 2, 4, 4) = 20 Fire damage, DC 18 for 1/2. It catches everyone (including Harz and Sesserak).

Sess Ref: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Sesserak fades into view briefly before falling to the floor unconscious and dying from the burns.

"Well, hold onto me, Pavo? While your friends try to keep that thing contained and not perish in the process? Or let me go so you can help them?"


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 1/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Feeling the flames wash over him partly, Spitter turns and charges past Leng at the Drake!

Acrobatics to leap the stage!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Bite! w/Charge: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 = 16
Bite Damage!: 1d8 ⇒ 4


HP 43/43 | AC 21, T 12, FF 19 | F 7, R 2, W 8 | Perception +10 Male Dwarf Warpriest of Gorum /5|

Reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The explosion of flame envelopes Wilfried. He tries, in vain to get away from the searing heat. His great bulk collapses smoke curling from the openings of his armor.

Current HP -6. Con 16


Male Elf Wizard 5 | AC 14, Touch 13, FF 11 | HP 30/37 | F +4, R +5, W +7 | Init +14 | Perc +4

Reflex (vs fire): 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 1 = 19

Renliat avoids the worst of the fire, but his eyes show a haunting fear in them. He throws out another blast of cold onto the drake, hands shaking.

Cold Damage: 5d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4, 1, 3, 2) + 3 = 16 DC 18 reflex for half


Leng and Pavo still to act.


Hp 43/43 | AC: 24, T: 12, FF: 22, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Normal

Reflex save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

The imp's words were lost on the man as he toppled over, nearly charred to a crisp.


Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

Reflex save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Leng sees the inhalation and makes a quick backflip that lands him in a back bridge; the fire blasts over and completely misses him somehow. (Evasion]

Not to be thwarted, he keeps up his hapless assault.

Kusarigama flurry attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Kusarigama flurry attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

I presume those both miss.


AFD Ref: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

The massive flame drake seems to anticipate Renliat's magic and nimbly ducks away from most of it. It has been seriously wounded by the magical onslaught. It turns it's attention to clearing a path to the wizard by chomping at Spitter.

Bite: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Bite damage if hit: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (2, 3) + 7 = 12 Fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Tail Slap: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Damage if hit: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Harzogopas brushes himself off before fading away. "Toodles," he says.

Bassy makes sure the citizens are secure before running up to Pavo pulling a wand out of her robe. "Just hold on, Pavo, just hold on!"

Ruh-roh! Everyone still conscious is up!


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 1/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Spitter hisses again and falls smoking from his wounds. His form quickly returns to his normal smallish draconic-humanoid self.

NOTE: The tail slap normally would not hit, but since I'm unconscious after his first hit...the tail slap would put me at -11 pts and dying in 1 round if I don't stabilize. So am I at -1, or -11?


You should be at -1. If you'd gone down to the bite it would have intended to direct the tail at Leng, being the next one in the way of the guy hurting it, but since it would have been a miss (and bc players can pull rabbits out of hats and change the results somehow) I didn't write that in.


Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

Leng’s chain stops its complicated criss-cross maneuvers as he reels it in, pauses, and then launches it in a perfect straight line for the drake.

Kusarigama perfect strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Kusarigama perfect strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Hitting with the second roll on the single attack.

Kusarigama damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


The impact from Leng's chain cracks bones made brittle by the magical cold. The flame drake thrashes wildly for a few moments before collapsing to the ground.

Bassy uses a healing wand on Pavo, Spitter, and Wil. The three brave heroes are revived and greeted to a fierce hug each by the wizened gnome.

The Baroness and her son manage to calm the town's citizens and visitors for a moment, but panic sets in quickly as a thunderous roar rumbles across Belhaim. A colossal black dragon with ragged, decaying and broken gray scales that expose muscle and sinew lands atop Otto Burr's home to the east. The smell of death and rot spreads through the town.

"I am Aeteperax, Lord of Dragonfen, and you have exhausted my patience. The wizard Hunclay promised me many things before his death, including five rare and ancient tomes. I made efforts to obtain these lawfully, but my representative, Clausyre, failed me. My forbearance is at an end.

"Now I require not only the books, including the tome entitled Secrets of the Dreaming Dark, but also an indemnity of 776,000 gold pieces-2,000 for each and every resident of this dunghill you call home.

"I give you two weeks to deliver these to the place you know as the Monastery of Saint Kyerixus across the Dragonfen.

"None are permitted to leave Belhaim-my minions blanket the countryside, and all who dare leave this town shall suffer for it. Only those chosen to deliver my ransom may travel, and then only into Dragonfen.

"Should you defy me or fail to satisfy my demands, I shall lay waste to little Belhaim and kill every living inhabitant, down to the last mewling infant."

The ancient wyrm then casts a spell and pops out of existence.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 1/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Moving slowly from his recent brush with death and healing, Spitter spits to the dirt in anger.

Lore(Kobolds of Golarion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

"That seemed odd...for a dragon. An undead dragon? Didn't the local tribe say they worshiped him?"


Spitter recognizes the name as the dragon slain by Lady Tula, so long ago. Edit: The dragon seen could in fact be the Blood Vow's 'Risen God' given the name and appearance.

Bassy and the Baroness both share a look. "Is it possible, Bassy? Could Aeteperax have somehow returned to life?" The gnome shrugs haplessly. "When you recover from these wounds, would you heroes be willing to examine Aeteperax' grave to see if it has indeed risen from the dead?"


Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

Leng loops his chain back in and shrugs. ”Could be an illusion made by someone familiar with local history.”


DM rolls:
Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Leng:
There were a few discrepancies that lead you to believe that it was an illusion of some sort, but the extent of the illusion is beyond your training.

"Even if it wasn't, between the strange creatures preceding it, and the magic required for such an illusion, we are talking about immense power," Bassy says quietly. "Lady Devy, I have my own thoughts on the topic, but I should think this is not the place to discuss these things. I suggest we gather the gentry and discuss the matter more thoroughly."


HP 43/43 | AC 21, T 12, FF 19 | F 7, R 2, W 8 | Perception +10 Male Dwarf Warpriest of Gorum /5|

Shaking his singed head, burnt hair and beard bits falling away Wilfried says.

"What does a fellow have to do to get a drink around here?" As for the 'Dragon' common extortion isn't their normal game. They usually simply take what they want...If they have the power. But the undead are often inscrutable. Now what about that drink?"


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 1/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Later-on back at the bat-cave...I mean when the group is alone before the big shindig meeting.

Spitting at the ground again, Spitter frowns.

"You guys recognize what the dragon wants. Right? Those books it asked about?"


Male Elf Wizard 5 | AC 14, Touch 13, FF 11 | HP 30/37 | F +4, R +5, W +7 | Init +14 | Perc +4

Renliat only had minor injuries, but he could see the damage caused to the others and his own resources were quickly wearing thin. When the ancient dragon landed his heart dropped. This is the end. But after giving its demands it fled, leaving him staring blankly.

Knowledge (arcana) to identify dragon abilities: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


Hp 43/43 | AC: 24, T: 12, FF: 22, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Normal

"Of course my lady, but we'll need a day or two to ensure we're ready. How are is it to the dragon's grave?"

"Spitter, I can barely remember my own name at the moment. What books?"

"Or better yet, let's discuss this at the tavern. Wilfred's got a point..."

With my blacksmith friend no more, I'd like to check out what I'm hoping is his now vacated shop...


Male Elf Wizard 5 | AC 14, Touch 13, FF 11 | HP 30/37 | F +4, R +5, W +7 | Init +14 | Perc +4

Oh also Renliat would like to identify any spells that happened, including whatever the dragon used to disappear.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

Feel free to roll more for me if there was more than one spell going on.

Knowledge (local) for Monastery of Saint Kyerixus: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Knowledge (local) for Dragonfen: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

"Even if we could obtain all of the books, there is no gathering that kind of money. Dragons are many things, but they are not stupid. He knows this kind of money is not possible."


When the heroes return to the tavern, Talia wraps her arms around Leng in an unexpected bear hug then blushes and releases him nearly as quickly. "I am so glad you are all safe! I was about to close the bar when that dragon appeared! Go, sit, take care of yourselves, I will fetch food and drinks."

Ren knows the basics about dragons with that result, including black dragon breath and bite being acid based.

Renliat is unable to truly figure out what sort of spell the dragon used. He is able to discern that Harzogopas is able to manifest his invisibility without the need for arcane words or complex hand motions.

There is little to know about the monastery. Dedicated to Irori's faithful, it was a typical center of physical and emotional mastery which grew alongside Belhaim. It was sometime after the Tula's death and reign of the evil Canteclures that the monastery became abandoned. No one is sure how or why, or indeed even when, as the town was dealing with their sadistic new lord. The ruins are a few hours walk from town.

An hour after returning to heal and rest, Arnholde Devy's messenger arrives with an invitation to attend the meeting tomorrow at lunch with his mother, the Baroness, and other assorted town leaders.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 1/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Hissing softly Spitter looks at Pavo annoyingly, and lowers his voice a bit more.

"The ones from the cave? With the undead...thing? The ones we found purely by luck and a run away servant? Our...treasure? Those books must really be important to the dragon. I just realized...did anybody see where his 'assistant' ran off? That 'Clo-syre' fellow? I'd love to get my claws on that pink-skin if he's still around and assuming he's not just hte dragon in disguise. That attack was pretty convenient for him to escape with if he's gone. He may be working with the imp now too. Dragons love gold and other treasure, so I get the ransom really, but the books? Aren't they just some weird books on some esoteric type of magic?"


HP 43/43 | AC 21, T 12, FF 19 | F 7, R 2, W 8 | Perception +10 Male Dwarf Warpriest of Gorum /5|

Clanging his empty tankard on the table. The Dwarf burps, looks at Spitter and says.

"Little Dragon just might be on to something. That fellow I was escorting and that old bastard Hunclay were going on and on about the books and some-such dark mystery things. But that's not important. What is important; is that if payment can't be made then there WILL be a fight. And we'll be there, might not win but it will be glorious. Now before that happens, it is time to drink."He refills his mug and lifts it.So, to the fight. Our Lord in Iron willing, more than one."

Once the drinking, eating and talking are done. Several hours later. A somewhat inebriated Wilfried will use his remaining healing abilities to ensure the party at full strength.

Between Bassy's healing and Wilfried's remaining spells, fervor powers, and a night's rest. Everyone will easily be restored to full HP


Male Elf Wizard 5 | AC 14, Touch 13, FF 11 | HP 30/37 | F +4, R +5, W +7 | Init +14 | Perc +4

"You all are remarkably calm for having just been threatened by a dragon." Renliat says flatly.


Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

"I still think it was an illusion," says Leng. "Didn't seem to have the right sounds and smells. And it would be so easy to get everyone afraid of an undead dragon."


Hp 43/43 | AC: 24, T: 12, FF: 22, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Normal

"Too many folks here already will be panicking. Best to show them we're not afraid. This town won't have a chance if everyone loses their heads. That dragon was impressive, real or not."


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 1/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Spitter chuckles and shrugs.

"I'm a kobold leaf-eater. Being threatened by a dragon is daily life for my kind. We can often have a...odd view of such things."


Male Elf Wizard 5 | AC 14, Touch 13, FF 11 | HP 30/37 | F +4, R +5, W +7 | Init +14 | Perc +4

"Yes...there must be something more going on here. The dragon could not possibly realistically expect that kind of wealth, but if his ultimate goal was a massacre than why bother, unless it is pure cruelty? Although that is not beyond what these kinds of dragons may do."

"But still, an image perhaps?..Hmm..."

GM, from the description we had visual and auditory stimuli for the dragon, and we also had a smell. When it landed, did the ground shudder? Did the building creak or groan or chip in response that Renliat could see? Perhaps he will have to go visit the building to examine it up close.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 1/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Spitter shakes his head.

"Magical Image or not...the green-scale tribe nearby had a 'risen' lord they worship. An undead dragon makes sense for something like that. Their fear of him was real too. A whole tribe of kobolds would not be afraid of just an illusion. Eventually they would figure things out. We may be small and weak of muscle, but my kind are not stupid. They had a healthy fear of something."


Male Elf Wizard 5 | AC 14, Touch 13, FF 11 | HP 30/37 | F +4, R +5, W +7 | Init +14 | Perc +4

"Your insight is valuable, I will keep that in mind. If it was an image it was an extremely well designed one, and I would usually be able to see through such trickery, so I don't expect that to be the answer. However it doesn't hurt to confirm."


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 1/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Seeing the wisdom in that Spitter nods again.

"Agreed. We should assume nothing then, dragon or not. We should look at the dragon's grave then. Verify the great black is still rotting in the muck of the swamp. Looks like Leng has a good resistance or skill to see through illusions. That may prove useful against a illusion caster. Leng? Do you know anything about this lost Abbey?"


Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

"No more than what you've all heard," says the monk. "I wander a lot. I don't tend to pick up that much local history. I think it's..."

Knowledge (geography): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

"... that way?"


HP 43/43 | AC 21, T 12, FF 19 | F 7, R 2, W 8 | Perception +10 Male Dwarf Warpriest of Gorum /5|

"Didn't I hear say that the monastery was dedicated to Irori? Well they aren't bad sorts. But his followers are a bit stuck up. Trying to be perfect and all. I'm sure we'll be asked by the town to look into things. I mean who else are they gonna turn to? It falls to us. Because we're the ones here, nobody else."

The dwarf says before downing the remaining contents of his mug.

1,601 to 1,650 of 2,135 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dragon's Demand PbP Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.