The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


74,001 to 74,050 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1476 | 1477 | 1478 | 1479 | 1480 | 1481 | 1482 | 1483 | 1484 | 1485 | 1486 | next > last >>

Random Hallway

Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"So what is he going on about, Holly? I can't understand a word of it," he asked, looking highly uncomfortable. He was pretty sure she was too young to be in this part of the building. Probably. But sometimes looks were deceiving so he was trying not to say anything. And he was not so keen on the whole mind reading thing, but he couldn't be absolutely sure that's what happened. She could have just anticipated the question. He would think that he was being paranoid, but so often his paranoia turned out to be right.

"Death. Violence. A war it seems. Things fighting one another." she stares at Dav intently as if peering right into him. Her balloon doesn't move. "I see a book in the middle of his vision. I think that's the center of it."

She turns away from Dav with a furrowed brow and looks at the Chosen One saying, "She doesn't-- what is she?" Her balloon is pulled a bit closer and held with both hands at the base of the cord. Clearly Cho strikes Holly as unusual.

Dav seems to 'finish' his vision, and come out of his trance. A long reeling sort of motion that ends with a long, slow blink and he looks around wondering where he was. He's a bit startled to have Jeran and Cho standing as they are, nearby.

When Jeran looks back to spot Holly she's gone. He would also realize that she never had a scent-- it's just him, Cho (she's not soiled at present), and whoever else was in the hall per his nose's ability to smell.

Dav gets sheepish looking and seems to be more than eager, but as subtle as a poorly skilled actor could pretend, to just crawl away under a rock if Jeran allowed him. He's not inching away yet... but he clearly will soon if ignored.

Cho appears to be gnawing on the clothing now, not really using her fingers.


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist

"I think you're pretty cool, even if you say you're boring. I'd definitely take you over your sister, competent or not. I haven't seen much of her, but from what I know you're a lot more chill. What good is being alive if you're stressed out and high strung all the time?"

He's made a game of using finger guns to fire small zephyrs at a can that had been left behind. When he knocks it off the table, another small gust sets it back up.

"I could always," he wiggles the finger on one of his hands in an "I'm doing magic" sort of gesture. "What good is a genie if they can't make absurd feasts on command?"

"So, big family planned, eh? Never really been sure if I wanted to have kids or not. Not even really sure if I can being a hybrid and all. But, Changelings are known for their uh... compatibility, I suppose. Haven't had any issues with it yet though, so who knows."


Male Tanuki Bard/Monk16
Janie wrote:
Gavin Trell wrote:
"We gotta put em side by side!" he says, laughing.
Janie frowned and chewed on her lip and then a large wind blew through the room creating a huge wave that brought the snakes closer together. "Hmm. Uhh...this may take a little more concentration than I anticipated."

The snakes are concious beasts, or at least well controlled and take direction easily. The two with Janie and Rakki slither out of the pool and up, each biting onto a wall fixture to anchor themselves. The one Gavin was on leans next to those to act as an elevator to the top.

"Maybe just a small raincloud at the top to get water flowing down?"


N/A Male voice Robot Ninja10/Machinesmith 1

Hermes has faded into the background of not just the scene itself, but also the perceptions of the people of the SIM room. Of course, Sim Mel, being a part of the room with automated responses knows he's there on a meta concious level, but also wouldn't interact with him, as Melody herself would have forgotten he was around. This isn't to say the group was given selective amnesia about the robot, just that he had this way of disappearing into the surroundings. It was quite easy just to glance right over him and not take him for anything more than a furniture fixture in a passing glance. It wasn't even something he practiced, just an inate nothingness to his being that marked him to the mind's fast Perception as unimportant.

Meanwhile he could be standing totally imobile, considering a great many things. Who knows what could be humming through those processors. It could be some deep formula for propulsion in a vacuum environment. Perhaps he was considering whether or not water elementals themselves felt wet when in a pool of water. Maybe he was just thinking about cats. The SIM group, in addition to the multiverse at large, excluding the omniscient, had no way to know.


Image
Rakki Okane wrote:
Janie wrote:
Gavin Trell wrote:
"We gotta put em side by side!" he says, laughing.
Janie frowned and chewed on her lip and then a large wind blew through the room creating a huge wave that brought the snakes closer together. "Hmm. Uhh...this may take a little more concentration than I anticipated."

The snakes are concious beasts, or at least well controlled and take direction easily. The two with Janie and Rakki slither out of the pool and up, each biting onto a wall fixture to anchor themselves. The one Gavin was on leans next to those to act as an elevator to the top.

"Maybe just a small raincloud at the top to get water flowing down?"

Janie laughed in delight. "Now that I can do, no problem," she said, gathering up the excess moisture in the air and forming it into a cloud right at the top. It wasn't exactly small, per se. But it looked small since it was such a big room. And pretty soon big fat raindrops were falling down, soaking everything beneath it.


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:

"I think you're pretty cool, even if you say you're boring. I'd definitely take you over your sister, competent or not. I haven't seen much of her, but from what I know you're a lot more chill. What good is being alive if you're stressed out and high strung all the time?"

He's made a game of using finger guns to fire small zephyrs at a can that had been left behind. When he knocks it off the table, another small gust sets it back up.

"I could always," he wiggles the finger on one of his hands in an "I'm doing magic" sort of gesture. "What good is a genie if they can't make absurd feasts on command?"

"So, big family planned, eh? Never really been sure if I wanted to have kids or not. Not even really sure if I can being a hybrid and all. But, Changelings are known for their uh... compatibility, I suppose. Haven't had any issues with it yet though, so who knows."

"Nope, not gonna take advantage even if it means I have to eat plain broccoli," she joked, making a face as she ate some more of the dreaded vegetable. "You're more than welcome to turn this mess into a pizza if you like, but I won't say the words. I promised."

"And it's not so much a plan....that's just the wishcraft at work. A long time ago, my type of dragon was in danger of going extinct because apparently amethysts tend to get so absorbed in their own research that they forget that everyone else exists. So a bunch of elders got together and cast this incredibly powerful and complex wishcraft that created the whole involuntary bonding experience where two amethysts would imprint on each other which creates this powerful permanent psychic connection and that's it for them for the rest of their lives. It worked on a societal level, although there were a fair few miserable pairings who didn't really like each other much. So fast forward to about fifty odd years ago and my grandmother and her very last clutch were the only amethyst dragons left in existence. In order to keep them safe, she used different wishcraft designed to keep them hidden by disguising them as members of other species. My mom was my age before she even found out she wasn't human. She's the only one who survived. Because my crazy uncle killed his other siblings. He's dead now too, thank goodness. So the two wishcrafts sort of merged and combined and changed into something that's almost a being in its own right. The bonding part is still there, but the partner doesn't have to be a dragon anymore because that's not an option. But the kids will still be full dragons. Which is why my siblings and I aren't half dragons. Family planning is something that happens to other species, that don't have runaway wishcraft desperately trying to keep them from extinction apparently. So I am going to have tons of nieces and nephews and even more siblings, and you just know I'll get roped into babysitting duties," she said with a shrug, trying to make light of the explanation. "But if history is any indication, it's not something I'll ever have to worry about for myself."


Image
Damiani wrote:
Random Hallway
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"So what is he going on about, Holly? I can't understand a word of it," he asked, looking highly uncomfortable. He was pretty sure she was too young to be in this part of the building. Probably. But sometimes looks were deceiving so he was trying not to say anything. And he was not so keen on the whole mind reading thing, but he couldn't be absolutely sure that's what happened. She could have just anticipated the question. He would think that he was being paranoid, but so often his paranoia turned out to be right.

"Death. Violence. A war it seems. Things fighting one another." she stares at Dav intently as if peering right into him. Her balloon doesn't move. "I see a book in the middle of his vision. I think that's the center of it."

She turns away from Dav with a furrowed brow and looks at the Chosen One saying, "She doesn't-- what is she?" Her balloon is pulled a bit closer and held with both hands at the base of the cord. Clearly Cho strikes Holly as unusual.

Dav seems to 'finish' his vision, and come out of his trance. A long reeling sort of motion that ends with a long, slow blink and he looks around wondering where he was. He's a bit startled to have Jeran and Cho standing as they are, nearby.

When Jeran looks back to spot Holly she's gone. He would also realize that she never had a scent-- it's just him, Cho (she's not soiled at present), and whoever else was in the hall per his nose's ability to smell.

Dav gets sheepish looking and seems to be more than eager, but as subtle as a poorly skilled actor could pretend, to just crawl away under a rock if Jeran allowed him. He's not inching away yet... but he clearly will soon if ignored.

Cho appears to be gnawing on the clothing now, not really using her fingers.

Jeran shook his head. Yet more strangeness. More doom and gloom stuff. And nothing he didn't already know. Well, he'd keep his eyes out for any crazy books he supposed, but really none of that was actually helpful.

"You okay?" he asked the now embarrassed boy.

He didn't bother trying to dislodge Cho yet. It wasn't hurting anything except his shirt, and that was fine, but he was starting to worry a bit. He wasn't exactly qualified to be raising a child and her puppy-like behavior worried him since she was human. Or did humans also act like puppies when they were small? It was so confusing.


Image
Casseus Rex wrote:
Jiminy, Prankster of the Future wrote:


Jiminy looked thoughtful. "Well, I have a couple of possibilities that pop into mind right off the bat. Depending on what you want to do. It sounds like you have machining skills, which I could definitely use. Especially on the more complicated projects involving planetary defense. Or, if that's not especially your thing, Kuros is currently more than a little bit lacking in the law enforcement department....

"Law enf..." blink blink

"Me? I uhh...I mean...well, s!&+." he sits down or leans on the wall.
"They're that hard up? Don't get me wrong, of the two options, being a constable sounds more interesting, but...huh. I'm not too good at manual labor. Making pistols is kind of a hobby, since I usually have to repair my own pistol. That havin' been said, I don't think I'd enjoy doing it 24/7, just makin' stuff. I dunno that'd I'm cut out for law enforcement, either, but I suppose I can give it a go."

Jiminy grinned. "I'm glad to hear that, Casseus. I know that Kuros could really use a lawman who can't be pushed around. I think you'll do great at it. I'll radio ahead for you and let them know you're coming. They'll be extremely pleased to hear it since they've had some serious problems keeping public order in all the chaos."


Male Half fiend/half giant 16 Gunslinger (pistolero)/16 Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist)

"Cool. I'll head over there then, thanks." He grabs his stuff.


Male Tauric Halfling/Sword Spider

Korren makes his way to the cafeteria flanked by the nurse. When he arrives he pauses at the door to look back at her, to find that she is not there!

Korren freezes and seems to shrink in on himself, all eight of his legs drawing in tightly around him. He looks for all the world like a frightened spider crouching by the door to the cafeteria.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

David gives a low wolf whistle at her impassioned speech "dang. That's a hell of a story it's terrible what happened you your uncles and/or aunts and well.. Your entire species nearly dieing off, that sucks, I can sympathize what with my parents and uncle being killed, but that's on a whole nother scale...." His voice starts out compassionate before he started to stare a bit and ruefully chuckle "heh, guess it's true that here, every story has been told, what your loved ones are dead, here go talk to that person theirs are also dead or worse, think you're super strong, well here you'll find someone stronger, how about mixed breads and dragons, oh sure you could fill classes on them alone, got a dozen or so people contracted with Eldritch forces, three of which are in this very room, heck brainwashing your classmates is old hat at this place" he says with an all too fake plastered on smile with far too many teeth showing.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

He closes his eyes and pauses briefly before plastering the fake smile back onto his face and says "but hey, nephews and nieces.. That's cool, if you'd like I could help with the whole babysitting thing? That'd be fun. " he laughs nervously.


Random Hallway

Jeran Darkclaw wrote:

Jeran shook his head. Yet more strangeness. More doom and gloom stuff. And nothing he didn't already know. Well, he'd keep his eyes out for any crazy books he supposed, but really none of that was actually helpful.

"You okay?" he asked the now embarrassed boy.

He didn't bother trying to dislodge Cho yet. It wasn't hurting anything except his shirt, and that was fine, but he was starting to worry a bit. He wasn't exactly qualified to be raising a child and her puppy-like behavior worried him since she was human. Or did humans also act like puppies when they were small? It was so confusing.

Dav freezes, effectively, in his poor attempt to sneak off without being noticed once Jeran gets his attention by speaking to him.

Glancing around as if he weren't spoken too, or needing to check, he looks back and nods a few times hurriedly.

"I .. I, I'm okay. I just have these .. episodes. Sorry." He does his best not to look at Cho's back side, as she continues her gnawing at the loose fabric. She'll ... get that piece of whatever, yes she will, with no plan of what to do with it.

"I see things. I can't control it. Sorry-- I hope I didn't say anything abnormal." He fidgets nervously, pulling on a piece of his own clothing, one of the school outfits.


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16

"Ooh, I know that coping mechanism. Because I use it regularly. That's the whole holy-carp-my-life-is-a-mess and there's so much crazy here I can't even feel special about it so I'll just pretend to be really cheerful so I'll seem like I have things together gambit. It never works."

"Also, I'm really sorry about your family. That totally sucks."


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist

"Are you uh... Are you ok?"

Jasper sits up a little and lets the tiny whirlwind in his hands dissipate.

"Look, if you want to be something, just like... do it. Your choice, man. You don't have to compare yourself to other people. I mean, like, you're your own person. If you think you're not different enough, just, like, make yourself different. At least if you have things in common with people, when you have problems, you don't have to go through them alone. You've got like, people that care about you and understand."

That's either some very inspiring advice, or entirely unhelpful. Maybe both.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave sighs "do you know anything that does work?"


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16

"No, I don't. If I ever figure it out I'll be sure to share," she said with a heavy sigh. "I'm pretty much just muddling along too. I think that's all there is. We muddle through as best we can and hope it all makes sense someday. Or we stop caring that it doesn't make sense. I'm not sure which."


male human monk 16

Lang nudges Grim, whispering to him, Grim, be nice, he doesn't like water ok?

looking to Gareth, well, ok, you can play with us. My friend Sun says he has met you and he is with us. but we will be near the water but we won't go in. OK?


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16

Mel looks at everyone tehre, well, Aanandareavekki helped us already so she would be of great assistance.

Oh Tryko'Sam, to answer your question, yes, I am a time traveler, well I used to be, or maybe that's will be. anyway, the rift I am in is full of a type of energy that I am highly resistant to. but I kind of got stuck in here what I was attacked. so I really need that modified reality bomb. I really don't know how long I can maintain my connection with your current timeline.


Male Humanoid

SIM Room

Melody Waverider wrote:

Mel looks at everyone tehre, well, Aanandareavekki helped us already so she would be of great assistance.

Oh Tryko'Sam, to answer your question, yes, I am a time traveler, well I used to be, or maybe that's will be. anyway, the rift I am in is full of a type of energy that I am highly resistant to. but I kind of got stuck in here what I was attacked. so I really need that modified reality bomb. I really don't know how long I can maintain my connection with your current timeline.

"Couldn't we just ...I dunno, open a portal to your location and pluck you out? Why this specific bomb you keep talking about? I don't recall anything I can do that might help with that-- but the thought of blowing up a reality doesn't sit well. Is that the only option?"

He doesn't seem to notice who's with him or not at this point, they've all been pretty quite for what felt like a while-- plus Mel didn't quite answer more details, per Vickory's request. Something seemed odd.

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator
Melody Waverider wrote:

Sim Mel stood there awkwardly for a bit then finally broke the silence, So, Arthur, you did remember my journal that I left you before I went into the rift. there are numerous calculations in there along with all the...ahhh... <mumble> <mumble> corrections <mumble> <mumble> made by Raelle

So basiclly the plan is to use the journal, and the information that just got added to this Sim, to create another modified reality bomb and send it to me in the rift. now you may need some teacher's help with this.

looking to Tryko'Sam, It is nice to see you again, I know you are pretty smart, could you please help Arthur, he sometimes need help to stay focused, well actually he becomes over focused, so keep him less focused? <thoughtful pause> well whatever, try and help, please?

Oh and I have a show I promised Tybs this weekend, so please kind of hurry.

She shows him the basics of operating the simulated TARDIS database.

turning to everyone, Oh by the way, you may see images of me around the school, these are temporal ghosts, they cannot interact with anyone in this timeline. they are completely divergent from this reality. but if they go away my connection with this timeline could be lost.

thought for sure I had already posted this but apparently not"ah yes I have the journal, I've been going over it as best I can, but there's a lot there"


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist

"Not caring has worked out for me so far."

It's very likely he cares about anything as much as anyone else, but isn't willing to let that ruin his "cool guy" front.


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)
Tamina wrote:
Pats him on the back and hands him a handkerchief. "She's actually doing a lot better, Phaezeriel said. But there's some trouble because of the psychic connection with her killer. It's sending her demonic side all crazy and stuff. It isn't safe to let her wake up yet. For her or anyone around her."

Ace blows his nose, "Thanks. I know she's doing better, but she's not fully recovered, and that's all that I really care about. I wonder if there's any way to calm or restrain her demonic aspect? Phaez would probably know, but I haven't seen him so far today"

And then there's a knock on the door. Not expecting visitors, Ace reaches into one of his many belt pouches and pulls out a tiny dagger which he wills into his scimitar. "Just in case its the killer coming back to finish the job." He says by way of explanation.


Male Human (Elan) Aegis/Soulknife (16)
Janie wrote:


Janie laughed in delight. "Now that I can do, no problem," she said, gathering up the excess moisture in the air and forming it into a cloud right at the top. It wasn't exactly small, per se. But it looked small since it was such a big room. And pretty soon big fat raindrops were falling down, soaking everything beneath it.

"That's perfect!" Gavin takes a run and jumps onto the snakes, riding the rainwater into the pool. He comes up a second later "You gotta try this!!"


Image
Gavin Trell wrote:
Janie wrote:


Janie laughed in delight. "Now that I can do, no problem," she said, gathering up the excess moisture in the air and forming it into a cloud right at the top. It wasn't exactly small, per se. But it looked small since it was such a big room. And pretty soon big fat raindrops were falling down, soaking everything beneath it.
"That's perfect!" Gavin takes a run and jumps onto the snakes, riding the rainwater into the pool. He comes up a second later "You gotta try this!!"

Janie laughs and hurries to do just that, shrieking with delight as she traveled down the makeshift slide.

1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34

And the cloud doesn't change a bit.


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:

"Not caring has worked out for me so far."

It's very likely he cares about anything as much as anyone else, but isn't willing to let that ruin his "cool guy" front.

"Well, then, oh wise sensei," Andromeda says with mock seriousness, "you must teach us poor humble students how to follow your illustrious example and become more mentally and emotionally serene." This was apparently too much for her and she interrupted her speech with a fit of giggles.


Image
Damiani wrote:

Random Hallway

Jeran Darkclaw wrote:

Jeran shook his head. Yet more strangeness. More doom and gloom stuff. And nothing he didn't already know. Well, he'd keep his eyes out for any crazy books he supposed, but really none of that was actually helpful.

"You okay?" he asked the now embarrassed boy.

He didn't bother trying to dislodge Cho yet. It wasn't hurting anything except his shirt, and that was fine, but he was starting to worry a bit. He wasn't exactly qualified to be raising a child and her puppy-like behavior worried him since she was human. Or did humans also act like puppies when they were small? It was so confusing.

Dav freezes, effectively, in his poor attempt to sneak off without being noticed once Jeran gets his attention by speaking to him.

Glancing around as if he weren't spoken too, or needing to check, he looks back and nods a few times hurriedly.

"I .. I, I'm okay. I just have these .. episodes. Sorry." He does his best not to look at Cho's back side, as she continues her gnawing at the loose fabric. She'll ... get that piece of whatever, yes she will, with no plan of what to do with it.

"I see things. I can't control it. Sorry-- I hope I didn't say anything abnormal." He fidgets nervously, pulling on a piece of his own clothing, one of the school outfits.

Jeran snorts. "What's abnormal around this place? Just so long as you're okay now."

"Cho, would you please stop chewing on my shirt?" he asked, trying to be patient with his mentally challenged ward. "If you're hungry we can get you some food. Would you like that?"


Male Shaman(Nature) 6/Green Faith Acolyte 10/Ranger(Spell-Less) 16(Gestalt)

Once it is obvious the dragons are no threat to Cho, Silinrul decides he needs some alone time. He shifts into the shape of a wolf, and lopes deep into the surrounding forest, finding a small, quiet clearing. He transforms back into his own form and sits in the center, closes his and meditates while casting a spell. He intends to learn more about the area around his new home.

He's casting Commune With Nature. I figure it could be a fun spell, as the list he is able to learn facts from is rather interesting. Anybody who wants to reply with info can feel free to.


Random Hallway

Dav looks around, then nods at Jeran. "I'm ... okay-- uh, I've seen you around, but I don't know your name? I'm Dav. Is ... is she with you?" He motions towards the Thread Gnawer.

Dav's about 11, or there abouts, clearly younger than most. He looks tired and worn, maybe sickly, which doesn't seem to really be a thing around the school-- but there you go. Probably doesn't sleep much. Then again, just did react oddly and spaz somewhat.

Cho, on the other hand, seems to stop for a moment, double checking with Jeran visually to see if he's upset or happy, and not being certain of his effort to subdue her gnawing, looks around and seems to have forgotten what she was doing earlier. The thread is safe... for now.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Mithros Phoebus wrote:

"No, no hugs." he says, taking a step back.

"Just remember who's side you're on, and we'll be good."

"Anyone else have any shocking things they'd like to share?"

Fei looks around thoughtfully at his new fellow teammates.

"'Shocking' may be a very...relative...term, given our backgrounds," the young monk replies to Mithros with an apologetic bow. (^-^)


Image
Damiani wrote:

Random Hallway

Dav looks around, then nods at Jeran. "I'm ... okay-- uh, I've seen you around, but I don't know your name? I'm Dav. Is ... is she with you?" He motions towards the Thread Gnawer.

Dav's about 11, or there abouts, clearly younger than most. He looks tired and worn, maybe sickly, which doesn't seem to really be a thing around the school-- but there you go. Probably doesn't sleep much. Then again, just did react oddly and spaz somewhat.

Cho, on the other hand, seems to stop for a moment, double checking with Jeran visually to see if he's upset or happy, and not being certain of his effort to subdue her gnawing, looks around and seems to have forgotten what she was doing earlier. The thread is safe... for now.

"I'm Jeran. This is Cho. She's uhh....not sure how to put this, but she's kinda like a little kid in a big kid's body. Are you sure you're in the right part of the building? I thought little kids like you were supposed to stay in the elementary wing. Or are you older than you look? Sorry, not trying to pry. Just want to make sure you don't need help or anything."


M Firebird Firebender/ Testpilot/ Robot Jock
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:


Fei looks around thoughtfully at his new fellow teammates.

"'Shocking' may be a very...relative...term, given our backgrounds," the young monk replies to Mithros with an apologetic bow. (^-^)

"Ha! Like most of us have a fiery disposition?"


Male Tanuki Bard/Monk16

Rakki smiles, actually genuinely at being part of those two being happy. It had been a while since he'd meant a smile. Smiling is easy when you don't mean it. Not smiling is harder when you do.

The Tanuki gives a small hop and lands between the giant snakes, sliding down quickly. As he nears the bottom, he gives a whistle and the two scaley slides lift their coils, aiming him upwards. With a holler he takes off upwards, sailing across the pool. "Whooo-ooohh-nonono!" What starts out as a whoop of fun quickly turns to panic as he nears the concrete edge of the pool, flying at it dangerously fast.


Male Human (Elan) Aegis/Soulknife (16)

Gavin sees Rakki rocket toward the edge of the pool, and immediatly summons his armor. A large, glowing hand stops Rakki as the water churns a bit, suddenly displaced by the huge armor.

"Lets not get too reckless" he gently chides Rakki.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Mithros Phoebus wrote:
"Ha! Like most of us have a fiery disposition?"

"Oh...."Fei replies, tilting his head slightly. "I did not mean it that way, but it is an equally valid point, yes." (=^-^=)


Random Hallway

Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"I'm Jeran. This is Cho. She's uhh....not sure how to put this, but she's kinda like a little kid in a big kid's body. Are you sure you're in the right part of the building? I thought little kids like you were supposed to stay in the elementary wing. Or are you older than you look? Sorry, not trying to pry. Just want to make sure you don't need help or anything."

Dav frowned slightly in thought, perhaps at the combination of information and Jeran's request. "I might have ...roamed. I tend to sometimes do things I don't think about-- Oracle curse. I 'woke' up once in the middle of a room with naked women once. I've no idea how I got there." He shrugs once lightly.

"If I had a vision-- what was said? Typically there's some summary said, from a little girl? Balloon? I hope the information helps you. I guess you are in a situation that caused my visions."

He hasn't moved, but seems to be briefly looking around, perhaps to avoid eye contact or 'seeing' other people. His body language suggests a tired and potentially pained side to how he holds himself, but the wards aren't kicking in at all.


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16
Arthur Barren wrote:


thought for sure I had already posted this but apparently not"ah yes I have the journal, I've been going over it as best I can, but there's a lot there"

Mel smiles, great, let me see it and I'll show you the information.

Sim Mel points out her entries in the journal, loaded with all sorts of temporal calculations and sketches of assembling the device. also on the sides of some of the pages are little doodles. some appear to be of Arthur without a shirt on, another looks a lot like Kai in a heart.

Turning to Sam I am, or reather, we, are not "blowing up" any reality. the modifications that I am proposing will limit the bomb to alter the reality of the rift just enough to allow me to get out and back into my normal time line. and Susan's ship as well so she can get back to her home.


Image
Gavin Trell wrote:

Gavin sees Rakki rocket toward the edge of the pool, and immediatly summons his armor. A large, glowing hand stops Rakki as the water churns a bit, suddenly displaced by the huge armor.

"Lets not get too reckless" he gently chides Rakki.

1d20 + 19 ⇒ (4) + 19 = 23

The cloud that's raining on the slide has gotten notably bigger.

"Oh, thank goodness. That scared me! I was sure for a second there that you were gonna end up in the infirmary and we were all gonna get detention!"


Image
Damiani wrote:

Random Hallway

Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"I'm Jeran. This is Cho. She's uhh....not sure how to put this, but she's kinda like a little kid in a big kid's body. Are you sure you're in the right part of the building? I thought little kids like you were supposed to stay in the elementary wing. Or are you older than you look? Sorry, not trying to pry. Just want to make sure you don't need help or anything."

Dav frowned slightly in thought, perhaps at the combination of information and Jeran's request. "I might have ...roamed. I tend to sometimes do things I don't think about-- Oracle curse. I 'woke' up once in the middle of a room with naked women once. I've no idea how I got there." He shrugs once lightly.

"If I had a vision-- what was said? Typically there's some summary said, from a little girl? Balloon? I hope the information helps you. I guess you are in a situation that caused my visions."

He hasn't moved, but seems to be briefly looking around, perhaps to avoid eye contact or 'seeing' other people. His body language suggests a tired and potentially pained side to how he holds himself, but the wards aren't kicking in at all.

"Yes, there was a girl with a balloon. There was nothing terribly helpful I'm afraid. Talking about battles and a book. It all sounded like nonsense to me," he said apologetically. "Do you need help getting back to where you belong, or can you manage on your own?"


Ryleh Her usual mode of dress.

After what no doubt seemed like an eternity, but was actually fifteen minutes, Ryleh returned. She was carrying two small crystals, a large crystalline lens, and a black rod.

"While I am glad that your time here is proving educational, I think we would all prefer to get you on your way as quickly as possible," she said crisply. She slid the smaller crystals inside her sleeve. "Both of these items are for scanning you, in different ways. This," she said, indicating the black rod, "will give me basic medical data that will corroborate your story. Or not. We shall see. This," she said, indicating the large lens, "will show me pieces of your history. Not in depth of course. That would take more time. But enough to confirm or disprove your story. Should you prove to be telling the truth, you will be given a map and an invitation to tea for your leader and let go. If you can manage to not be impolite, we might even feed you before you go," she added dryly, knowing how young dragons' appetites were.


Ryleh wrote:

After what no doubt seemed like an eternity, but was actually fifteen minutes, Ryleh returned. She was carrying two small crystals, a large crystalline lens, and a black rod.

"While I am glad that your time here is proving educational, I think we would all prefer to get you on your way as quickly as possible," she said crisply. She slid the smaller crystals inside her sleeve. "Both of these items are for scanning you, in different ways. This," she said, indicating the black rod, "will give me basic medical data that will corroborate your story. Or not. We shall see. This," she said, indicating the large lens, "will show me pieces of your history. Not in depth of course. That would take more time. But enough to confirm or disprove your story. Should you prove to be telling the truth, you will be given a map and an invitation to tea for your leader and let go. If you can manage to not be impolite, we might even feed you before you go," she added dryly, knowing how young dragons' appetites were.

Mazia chuckles.

"Scan away. Not like I can stop you."
mazia's details:

Unless "basic medical data" includes a detailed DNA scan, mazia seems to be something of a humanoid dragon- but aside from posturing and hand structure, mazia seems to be a farely normal black dragon- until his mind is touched. Mazia's memories contain a sprawling mess of horrible deeds, crimes planned, countless thiveres, and a few murders- all done by a halfling. There's a turning point, in the memories, though- the halfling meeting What seems to be a part white drsgon- from there, the halfling grows more and more draconic through the scattered memories, and the crimes become less and less frequent.

zanthos simply snorts, and doesn't say anything.
zanthos's details:

Zanthos isn't actuslly a blue dragon at all: he seems closer to a water elemental crossed with a dragon then any one sort of dragon. the fins he has aren't just some odd mutation- he just isn't actually a chromatic dragon. The only trace of anything else is in his front legs- namely that his front legs still end in things that vaugely resemble clawed human hands.
Zanthos was a pirate, of sorts- but throught the memories, he's reluctant, always "missing" when it came time to do a lot of the dirty work. In fact, the only people he kills in his memories are his own crewmates. And kill them he does- because there's a rather sudden shift in his memory- meeting what seems to be a strange half-drsgon, that shines of all colors of the rainbow, before the very next memory being the ship being sank by a giant finned dragon with numerous tentacles. After that, there's barely any transition- zanthos goes from being human to dragon in a matter of weeks.


Male Human (Elan) Aegis/Soulknife (16)
Janie wrote:
Gavin Trell wrote:

Gavin sees Rakki rocket toward the edge of the pool, and immediatly summons his armor. A large, glowing hand stops Rakki as the water churns a bit, suddenly displaced by the huge armor.

"Lets not get too reckless" he gently chides Rakki.

1d20+19

The cloud that's raining on the slide has gotten notably bigger.

"Oh, thank goodness. That scared me! I was sure for a second there that you were gonna end up in the infirmary and we were all gonna get detention!"

Looks at the cloud brewing over the snakes

"We still might get detention..."


Random Hallway

Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"Yes, there was a girl with a balloon. There was nothing terribly helpful I'm afraid. Talking about battles and a book. It all sounded like nonsense to me," he said apologetically. "Do you need help getting back to where you belong, or can you manage on your own?"

Dav winces slightly at Jeran's statement of 'nonsense', then looks back in the direction of -- that-a-way.

"Well, I can always use the arrows to get back. If I did provide you a vision and the girl spoke to you, that's how my deities pass the visions through me. It's probably important to you, in some way. I wish I could help more-- you don't seem to be troubled, thankfully. I'll manage, though. Thank you for your concern. I've gone through worse... part of why I'm here, I suppose."

He gives a weak smile and light wave, starting to walk off after activating the wall for arrows back to where he belongs.


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Phaezeriel wrote:

Phaezeriel looks at Vai, and though his silver eyes make reading his facial expressions more difficult, long practice shows Vai that there is a profound, remembered pain in Phaezeriel that does not echo into his thoughts, ::It is. It is a lonely and dark place. The only thing that there is to keep you going is your own convictions; doing what you think it right. Until you find the people that can be trusted to not simply use you. To someone who has lived without the possibility of friendship for any length of time, a true friend is of incalculable importance.::

Though he does not need to stop talking while he eats, Phaezeriel pauses to take a bite, chew, and swallow before continuing, ::But you have to be able to accept that another might not be manipulating you, might actually be your friend. If you cannot encompass that possibility with your mind, there is little hope of finding someone like that. I had never thought of the Patrons as possibly being lonely. Do you think they really are?::

Vai scoots a little closer to her demonic friend and gives him a warm smile. Tentatively, she puts an arm around his tiny form. Phaeze can feel her shiver ever so slightly.

"I don't know if they really are. Just a thought I had I guess. Maybe it's even what Lumos wants me to think. Can't let that stop me for feeling bad for them."

She sighs and pulls Phaeze a little closer. "I don't know if there's a way to help them though. They're stuck in this war. How can we fix something like that?"


Image
Gavin Trell wrote:
Janie wrote:
Gavin Trell wrote:

Gavin sees Rakki rocket toward the edge of the pool, and immediatly summons his armor. A large, glowing hand stops Rakki as the water churns a bit, suddenly displaced by the huge armor.

"Lets not get too reckless" he gently chides Rakki.

1d20+19

The cloud that's raining on the slide has gotten notably bigger.

"Oh, thank goodness. That scared me! I was sure for a second there that you were gonna end up in the infirmary and we were all gonna get detention!"

Looks at the cloud brewing over the snakes

"We still might get detention..."

"Ohnonononononoooo," she wailed, scrambling for the ladder. "Everyone out of the pool! I might still be able to get it back under control, but when I lose focus my rainstorms tend to turn into thunderstorms! I know, I know, things I probably should have mentioned before we got started, but it didn't seem like a big deal at the time..."


Ryleh Her usual mode of dress.

"Well. That was educational. Your story checks out. As promised, here is a map. Or more accurately a device that will help you find your location no matter where you are. That was easier than a map, to be honest," she said, handing one of the small crystals to Mazia. "And this is an invitation to tea for your leader at his earliest convenience, which coincidentally will happen to be tomorrow at two," she said, handing the other small crystal to Zanthos. "You are both free to go."


Image

Jeran shook his head. He never bothered with gods. You could never really be sure whose side they were actually on, but most likely it wasn't yours. And in this 'contest' especially, any information from divine (or profane for that matter) sources was highly suspect. "Come on, Cho. Let's take you to the infirmary for a checkup, and then I think a change of clothes. Since you've totally wrecked this shirt."


Ryleh wrote:
"Well. That was educational. Your story checks out. As promised, here is a map. Or more accurately a device that will help you find your location no matter where you are. That was easier than a map, to be honest," she said, handing one of the small crystals to Mazia. "And this is an invitation to tea for your leader at his earliest convenience, which coincidentally will happen to be tomorrow at two," she said, handing the other small crystal to Zanthos. "You are both free to go."

pauses, a moment.

""At his earliest convince" will Probobly, happen to be a lot earlier then tomorrow, even if tea has to wait until tomorrow. Considring Havel is Probobly going to call us back with his armor long before we fly back. And once he finds out what we were up to, he'll likley teleport here in a hurry with elegy. Havel's a lot of things, but..."
zanthos rolls his eyes.
"... Patient isn't really one of them. Timing, however, is always just a little too late to actuslly prevent problems. Hoo. We're going to get an earful for this."
zanthos gets teleported away.


Male Tanuki Bard/Monk16

Rakki looks in surprise at the giant palm he is now contained in. "Well, that's uh... neat... thanks." He flops out of the elan's hand, landing in the pool with a sploosh as Janie starts to get concerned. "Oh, uh, ok."

He quickly does his best to climb out of the pool, climbing straight onto the edge instead of going for a ladder.

"You need some help?" He calls to Janie while looking back to Gavin. "Can you climb out like that?"

He snaps and all three of the snakes disappear in a large puff of the white smoke his powers tend to be accompanied by.

What does Gavin look like in armor?


Male Human (Elan) Aegis/Soulknife (16)

like this, only a dude.

He nods, as his armor shrinks slightly, then rises out of the water, hovering above it.

"Yeah, hey Janie, calm down, you got this."

74,001 to 74,050 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1476 | 1477 | 1478 | 1479 | 1480 | 1481 | 1482 | 1483 | 1484 | 1485 | 1486 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.