Slumbering Tsar: The Desolation (Inactive)

Game Master Lord Manticore

Looking for a way into Hell.


51 to 100 of 313 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Human Bard 1/Paladin 4;
Status:
HP 62/62; AC 17/13/14; CMD 22; Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +10; Init +3; Perc -1

"I do not think we will get anything worthwhile from them. I hope there are not others that we have not noticed lying in ambush."


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

I'm leaving it up to you guys as to whether you want to attack them or not. Let me know, and we can move on.

Dark Archive

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14

They have seen us. Let us try talking with them. the wizard says in a calm tone. To the ghouls he raises his empty right hand in greeting and calls out. Hail fellow travelers of the desolation. We would talk and trade news of the road. As he says this he will advance 20 feet in their direction.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

The ghouls are quite wary. Finally, one waves and steps forward. "What do the living want with us?"

Dark Archive

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14

News of the road ahead of us, and a fair trade if you desire to know about the road behind. We have traveled from the Camp to this place and can tell you what we have seen along the way, and could share news of the camp if you would know it. What can you tell us of this road and what might lie along it?

The Exchange

Human Bard 1/Paladin 4;
Status:
HP 62/62; AC 17/13/14; CMD 22; Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +10; Init +3; Perc -1

Numair keeps focused on the area around them while Azaraunt converses with the undead.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

The ghouls look at you, clearly not used to being interacted with. The one closest to you says, "The caravan is likely to be along this night. It always is whenever there is cold about."

Dark Archive

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14

Azaraunt stops where he is and looks around the desolation. That is good to know. The Hill Giant mercenary and his orcs have recently returned to the camp. They were not of their right mind when they returned but have since recovered. he barters in return for their information. Then asks What is it that you hunt here, so far away from what I know to be your food sources?


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

"We are not choosy on what we eat. Living or dead makes no difference to us. Marrow is good to us, but it is much like the jerky that you living ones make...tasty, but not exactly filling. In this waste, it is hard to build up reserves, you will see that the more that you are out here."

Dark Archive

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14

And can you get marrow from the bone storms? How do you protect yourselves from their wrath?


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

"We don't, but our flesh is different from yours. We can handle the storms better, for the most part. If it is a really bad storm, we still hurt like you. However, the winds blow away the ashes, revealing, for a time, dead ones that no longer really need their bones."

Dark Archive

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14

Do you know anything of the Caravan lost a week or more ago that came this way. It was lead by the Hill Giant and his Orcs.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

No, this is the closest that we have been to the wall in nearly half a moon.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

Think I may shoot them just to get the juices rolling :D

Dark Archive

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14

[ooc} If you must... :)[/ooc]

What other news from the road ahead? Surely you know of something more you can share...


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

"There are bodies not far from here. Do you have a map?" The ghoul uses a bit of ash to place a marker where 'A1' is on the map. "We did not consume them, because there is something that is trying to take them. We do not know what, but their screams keep us away."

This encounter is taking place 2 grid squares due north of the camp. That should give you an idea of how far away the bodies are.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

Telepathy to Azaraunt:

Try to find about more about WHAT is trying to take them?

Cmon guys, lets get this rolling and alive again. LM, shall I reroll a priest? I am worried about Lavinia's absence... Or shall we regroup at the camp and ponder if we should still stay separated? Because without a priest...

People? Suggestions?


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Calendir Elberen wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Cmon guys, lets get this rolling and alive again. LM, shall I reroll a priest? I am worried about Lavinia's absence... Or shall we regroup at the camp and ponder if we should still stay separated? Because without a priest...

People? Suggestions?

We can DMPC Lavinia for a little while if need be. At this point, I've heard from everyone except her, however. I know that I put a damper on things because of work, but I'm hoping that we can work around that. Just my 2 cents atm.

The Exchange

Human Bard 1/Paladin 4;
Status:
HP 62/62; AC 17/13/14; CMD 22; Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +10; Init +3; Perc -1

Telepathy:
Find out what you can, and quickly. Perhaps they are other caravan survivors.

Edit: nothing to see here.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

Shall we continue, party issues notwithstanding atm?

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

Yes please - if the location is more or less determined, we should just move there.

The Exchange

Human Bard 1/Paladin 4;
Status:
HP 62/62; AC 17/13/14; CMD 22; Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +10; Init +3; Perc -1

Yeah, Numair would want to head there right away.

Dark Archive

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14

I am good. The wizard will try to encourage the party not to attack the ghouls, who have indeed yielded valuable information. He will wish them well, recommend they stay away from the camp, and move on.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

Time to move forward...will need 1 more random roll before finding the area marked.

Random 2: 1d100 ⇒ 96Nothing to see here.

I'll need Perception checks from each of you before I go on.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

With the information provided by the ghouls and conveyed by Azaraunt, isn't the master tracker Calendir able to pinpoint the exact location? :D

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30

Dark Archive

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14

I would think so... :D

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

Move OUT! :D


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

Now that the horses have moved off the main road, it's a bit more slow going, dealing with the sand and ash in the absolute cold weather. After an hour and a half, you come to the area that the ghoul pointed out on the map. It takes you a few minutes, but soon you find two bodies on the ground, now partially covered by the same sand and ash.

One is a dwarf, wearing chainmail, while the other is human, clad in leather. Both are quite dead, wounds cover both bodies, the ash turning grey where it sticks to the now dried blood. The human is still brandishing a rapier in his right hand, grip tight as rigor mortis has set in. The dwarf is holding the broken wooden haft of a weapon in is right hand.

You can make Heal checks (or straight Int checks if your lacking that skill) on the bodies, and/or Perception checks for the area in general.

Dark Archive

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14

Without dismounting Azaraunt regards the bodies, casting Detect Magic as he does so. He then looks around the area for other clues.

Int Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

Calendir examines the area surrounding the corpses before stepping any closer, checking additionally for tracks, as Lagash sniffs the air.

Calendir Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Calendir Survival: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
Lagash Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Telepathy to all:

"Careful now people..."


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

Both of you find one set of humanoid tracks leading off to the northeast. Turning the dwarf over, you can find the rest of his ax buried into his right thigh, the wound appears to be self-inflicted. The rest of the wounds seems to match the weapons on hand. It would appear that these two fought each other to death.

Dark Archive

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14

And the Detect Magic?


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Azaraunt wrote:
And the Detect Magic?

Nothing

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

Speak with the dead?

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

Or if that one is not available to us... I say we proceed northeast.

Dark Archive

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14

Not available to me, and I am afraid we have lost Lavinia. No idea if she prepped that spell.

These two were poorly equipped to be out in the desolation. the wizard observes.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

So which way do we go, George?

Dark Archive

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14

I guess our choices are to follow the tracks or to continue towards the caravan. I say follow these tracks.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

"Lets move along then boys!"

We follow the tracks.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

How long do you wish to follow the tracks?

The Exchange

Human Bard 1/Paladin 4;
Status:
HP 62/62; AC 17/13/14; CMD 22; Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +10; Init +3; Perc -1

As long as we are moving in the general direction of the caravan. If they start to veer off for more than a short detour, we will need to reconsider.

Dark Archive

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14

How long had the two bodies been dead/how old are the tracks? We are mounted and Cal is a good tracker so maybe we can move fast?


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

For your quick looks, you would say that the bodies had been dead for a few days; they probably travelled out here a couple of days before you arrived at the camp.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

Anything else here, or should we move on?

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

Lets please move along LM.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

As you start to move out from the dead bodies, you spy something in the distance...

Perception rolls, please.

Dark Archive

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27

Still mounted, Azaraunt thinks he sees something in the distance.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

Calendir Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
Lagash Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Aaaaand Lagash wins again :D


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Calendir Elberen wrote:

[dice= Calendir Perception]1d20+14

[dice= Lagash Perception]1d20+5

Aaaaand Lagash wins again :D

Do you have a seeing eye panther or something? :P

The party sees two "creatures" slowly skulking towards them from about 350 yards away. They shimmer in the dull light and appear almost incorporeal. They have spotted you, but do not seem to think you have spotted them.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

Getting more and more used to the whole telepathic communication process, Calendir immediately contacts his companions through Imbukar.

Telepathy to Imbukar:

Guys, stay hidden, I don't think we have been spotted yet. And by the way, anyone can tell me what those are? They seem... Blurried..?

The ranger immediately starts looking for hiding places, and moving to get the group out of sight.

Stealth: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26

51 to 100 of 313 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Slumbering Tsar: The Desolation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.