Sic Semper Tyrannis! (Thrune's Hell's Rebels Revived)

Game Master GM Aarvid

Rebellion
Maps

Loot Sheet

GM Screen:

Perception:
'[dice=Perception (Aldren)]1d20+1[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Arcos)]1d20+1[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Lubella)]1d20+5[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Talvek)]1d20[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Fhingle)]1d20+3[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Sidius)]1d20+3[/dice]

Initiative:
'[dice=Initiative (Aldren)]1d20+4[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Arcos)]1d20+4[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Lubella)]1d20+4[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Talvek)]1d20+1[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Fhingle)]1d20+2[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Sidius)]1d20+6[/dice]


3,301 to 3,350 of 3,682 << first < prev | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | next > last >>

Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

Bluff to conceal reaction: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 Objectively decent but less than average for him. Hmm.

As the woman starts to answer, Aldren smiles. On the topic of conversion, "Oh, darling, for the chance to meet more of you, I can happily say I'm thinking about it."

He listens along gamely to the rest of it. Lucky Bones. Maglap. Chloe... Harvesting. Harvesting... kids -- Aldy, keep calm, maybe she didn't mean -- No, this is far worse -- Aldy, stop! There may be a brief reaction that passes over his face, perhaps a clenching of the jaw, tightening of the eyes, twitch of his hand towards the dagger, but it passes and he listens to the rest of her answers.

He practically purrs as he pats her hands, "You've been veeeery helpful, dear." He stands and takes a half step to the woman's side and looks to Lubella. "I'm going to release my new friend here from her bonds. Why don't you go talk to Maglap and I'll be along in a minute?"

Bluff (send hidden message): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 Not sure I really needed that, but...

Aldren is indicating to Lubella he's going to kill the woman. He's willing to ask a couple of follow-up questions, but he's really not interested in negotiating her fate.


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

I'm not feeling so great, so I'm heading to bed shortly and don't want folks waiting on me. The below is written for after Lubella's response, assuming she doesn't object, or if GM wishes to proceed on that assumption. If Lubella does object, I'm happy to retcon this and write an appropriate response. Hopefully will be up and awake in the morning (I'm East Coast time).

If Lubella does not object, Aldren wrote:


"Alright, deary... let's break those bonds." He steps behind her, drawing his morningstar, and says, "যখন তার বিচার হবে, তাকে দোষী করা উচিত: তার প্রার্থনা পাপ হয়ে উঠুক।."

Translated from Elven:
"When he shall be judged, let him be condemned: let his prayer become sin."

As she is tied, I'm assuming she qualifies as helpless, so CDG...

CDG with Morningstar: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 8) + 4 = 14

He tries to bring the morningstar down against her temple, aiming for something quick and painless. After inspecting her body to ensure she is truly dead (and finishing the job if she isn't), he will proceed to the other room to join the others with Maglap.

He has murder in his eyes, pure rage, and carries the morningstar dripping with blood and brain-matter in his hand. He points it at Maglap, holy symbol in the other, and says, "Time's up, Maglap. Both of your whores are dead. The last told me what you're doing to the kids. Harvesting them. She told us about the Lucky Bones. If you don't want to be next -- or if you want a chance at killing us before we put you down -- I suggest you truthfully answer all the questions my friends put to you."

Suggestion, Will Save DC 18; hopefully we can have Sidius hex him for a -2 on his Saving Throw, plus any other modifiers anyone else can add


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

Realizing what Aldren had in mind, Lubella made one last forlorn try to offer redemption to the captive woman, "I implore you to turn away from the darkness, and embrace the light of the Dawnflower!"

Assuming that she refuses:

Lubella shook her head sadly and went to check on the other prisoner. These people seemed unfortunately to be fanatics that she couldn't reach. She hated the idea of killing them, but she didn't want to make a stand on the issue for those who were beyond redemption. Not and risk fracturing the rebellion.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Aldren, take care of yourself...

The woman all but ignores Lubella's imploring her to turn away.

As everyone exits the room, the woman looks expectantly up for Aldren to cut her bonds as she assumed her friend would.

1d20 ⇒ 19 vs CDG close...

***

Maglap the Faceless one, stares emotionlessly as Aldren joins the room.

*&^#&!@#(* you!

1d20 ⇒ 5 vs Hex

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4 vs Suggestion

Fine! he spits.

I told you I serve Mahathallah at the whims of “her daughter of the mismatched eyes.”

He hisses.

She grows more worried that you might uncover her, and sent me after you to finish you off. Twice. I am as good as dead anyway, so what do I care?


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

Lubella whispered to Aldren (magically aided by her spell), "Maybe he knows something about the missing boys, and more importantly, where they might have been taken."


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

"Her daughters of the mismatched eyes?" Fhingle repeats out loud, "What does that mean? So you attacked all of us before or just some of us? Remember all we did was defend ourselves and we don't even know who you are talking about."


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

Lubella. I phrased it so he has to answer everyone else’s questions. No need to run them through Aldren. . I’ve still got a sore throat and occasional shortness of breath but am hoping it’s just allergies.

The Calistrian looked like he was ready to shove his Morningstar straight down Maglap’s gullet, but Lubella’s words helped him focus. Whether it was a gamble or wild assumption, he didn’t know, but the changeling’s answers suggested a link and his mind had seized on it. He went for broke, ”The Shellet boys. The twins. We know you took them. Are they still alive? Where are they?”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Forged Map | Rebels Map

I tracked down a couple of you earlier. And then one of you took my sword while I was knocked out by some mind trick.
The twins, yes, they are in the Lucky Bones and will make their sacrifice tomorrow I think. All these changelings have mismatched eyes. But I am talking about their high priestess.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

Lubella's heart hardened towards Maglap when she heard this. This is one prisoner we cannot set free. We have no place to hold him prisoner, so he must die! She pressed him, "Is the high priestess in the Lucky Bones? How many others are there?"


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

There was a part of Aldren that wanted to laugh when the shapeshifter recounted his previous encounter with the others. But when Maglap said the twins were to be sacrificed, any humor the mercurial half-elf found in the situation was stillborn. "Well, I guess it's a good thing you were spared before so you could tell us this today," he offers darkly.

Whatever past decisions had led to this point, he recognized the irony that sparing the assassin had blessed them with this lead on the twins. And Lubella was not wrong to wring every last bit of information from the 'man'. Nonetheless, he needed to step out before the leash around his feelings slipped loose and he said -- or did -- something he would regret.

Letting the morningstar rest at his side, he went to the door and the hallway outside it, "I'll leave the rest of this thing to all of you."

As mentioned above, the phrasing of the suggestion should allow anyone to ask questions, so Aldren's presence in the room shouldn't be necessary.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

He looks at Lubella.

The high priestess sometimes is there, sometimes not.
I am not tasked to keep track of her whereabouts. Maybe a dozen others. It varies by week.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

Lubella asked the other Silver Ravens, "Does anyone else have any questions for this gentleman? Her tone of voice indicated that she considered him anything but.

She steeled herself for what she knew had to be done.

Giving everyone a chance to ask on last question, if they want. Lubella is about to coup de grâce the faceless prisoner.


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

"Are there many followers in your temple? Guards that we should know about special ones?" Fhingle asks


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Faceless Noble shakes his head at Fhingle.

Not as many as we want, but enough. And there are visitors from Avernus, the Netherworld and beyond which visit on occasion. I have answered your questions. I will say no more.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Faceless Noble shakes his head at Fhingle.

Not as many as we want, but enough. And there are visitors from Avernus, the Netherworld and beyond which visit on occasion. I have answered your questions. I will say no more. he turns back to where Aldren exited.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

Once it became clear that Maglap was not going to provide any further information, Lubella told him, "I urge you to repent your sins, and seek forgiveness from Sarenrae, the Everlight." She took out her holy symbol and said a silent prayer, then delivered redemption with the blade of her scimitar.

Coup de Grâce, arcane strike: 2d4 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 8 + 4 = 19

After the deed was done, she spoke to her comrades, "Let's get back to the Tooth and Nail for the night. We have a lot of work to do tomorrow."


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

Aldren stares into the distance for a moment, collecting himself, then looks at Lubella and says, "I'll be staying someplace else tonight, but I can meet you either at the Tooth and Nail, or the northeast corner of the cemetery at eight bells. I'll pray for a spell to find-- the nob," he pauses slightly, about to say Rexus' name, "then we go to this Lucky Bones and save the kids. We also need to have a talk about this penchant for sparing people who want to kill us, but I'm not sure tonight is the right time."

After settling on a place and time to meet, he says to Sidius and Fhingle, "This was a less than ideal day for introductions, but I'm glad to have met you. Warlock, Kyda, have a good night." He frostily ignores Talvek before letting his disguise drop, checks his signet ring, then (unless stopped) leaves.

GM, dropping the disguise on the assumption there's about 30 minutes before curfew. If curfew is up, he'll instead disguise himself as an Asmodean inquisitor. He's going to head to the Three-Legged Devil for the night; should be fairly close. Happy to RP it out if you want but, in short, he'll offer to work (either minding the prostitutes, healing them, what-have-you), 'work' himself to earn a bed for the night, or hire a companion and room for the night. If the latter, just tell me how much gp to subtract.


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 4/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 46/49 | AC 22 Tch. 14, Ff. 18 | Fort +7, Ref +13, Will +4 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +16; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Talvek watches Aldren leaving, then turns to Lubella. "It was the right decision. They didn't have a shred of repentance in their souls." He is glad that the halfling is starting to see wisdom and not just let everyone go who might wish them harm. He doesn't say it, but he is convinced that the information that is currently available about the current incarnation of the Silver Ravens was provided by one (or more) of the people they've spared. He dislikes killing, but in situations like this some difficult choices must be made.

"I don't think we should frequent the same places too often. We don't want to bring trouble to Setrona." ...like we did for Laria, he thinks, but does not say. "Perhaps we should go our separate ways tonight and meet up at the Tooth and Nail tomorrow morning, disguised."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

1d20 ⇒ 7

Lubella and others are able to dispatch the spiteful and uncooperative Maglap.

@Aldren - dropping disguise is fine. Not sure what you plan to do with the two bodies...leave them here in abandoned building or take with you as you depart.

You were able to gleen a little information, mainly confirming the Lucky Bones is still in use and the twins can be found there...for another day or two at most.

Curfew is about 30 minutes hence, which should leave just about enough time to reach anywhere south of the Bleakbridge for the night.

The Tooth and Nail is very close and those wishing to reach it have no problem.

Setrona is about to lock the front door as you approach.

Well, look what the cat dragged in! She smiles a bit worriedly.

Cutting it close on curfew. And the rumors of others more deadly than the dottari out on the loose. I am glad you made it.

She finishes locking the door. The Hellknights come out to visit with you, pressing with questions.

What news do you bring? Any progress on twarting the Thrunes or the Lucky Bones?

***

Aldren reaches the Three-legged Devil dance hall, which stays open slightly past curfew just to thunb their noses at the dottari. The city guard are roughing up a couple of drunks who cannot remember where they are supposed to be. Another lady of the night is accosted for possession of illegal poetry authored by the 'Poison Pen'.

Aldren slips in through a side door and is greeted by the owner and bard, Giveni Henge.

Welcome back, friend. Best find a place out of sight. The dottari are really cracking down on locals tonight. I think the talk of the slasher's got them worried.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

Lubella replied to Talvek, "I don't really have anywhere else to stay tonight. I'm nervous about staying in the room at the tenement — the lady there is suspicious of me. And Longroads is too far to reach before curfew. If you want to meet us at the Tooth and Nail in the morning, that's fine with me. I think Finch had alternate accommodations in mind.

"I think we should leave the bodies here for now; I don't want to bring them back to the Tooth and Nail. Hopefully we can come back here and get rid of them in the next couple of days."

Proposing leaving the bodies in the abandoned building for now.

She returned to the Tooth and Nail, being careful not to be seen by onlookers. Once inside, she answered Setrona, "We had a very busy day!"

After cleaning off her feet using her prestidigitation spell, she took off her pack and sat down. She had been walking all day, and was glad to put her feet up.

She gave their host a brief rundown of what they had been up to. "We found out some things about the Lucky Bones. It seems that some cultists of Mahathallah have set up shop there. And they have kidnapped a couple of boys from the Iudeimus Tenement, and have malevolent plans for them. We're going to have to mount a rescue mission.

"We also discovered that Rexus Victocora has gone AWOL. I don't suppose you've heard from him lately? He was renting a room at the Iudeimus Tenement, but he's packed up and moved on. I think he's planning on mounting his own personal revenge mission against Barzillai Thrune. We need to find him before he does something foolish!"

She didn't mention Captain Sargaeta just yet. That seemed like a bit of a distraction at the moment, although they would have to address that soon enough.

I'm not sure how much Setrona knows about Rexus. I presume that she knows about his involvement with the Silver Ravens.


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4
GM Aarvid wrote:

Aldren reaches the Three-legged Devil dance hall, which stays open slightly past curfew just to thumb their noses at the dottari. The city guard are roughing up a couple of drunks who cannot remember where they are supposed to be. Another lady of the night is accosted for possession of illegal poetry authored by the 'Poison Pen'.

Aldren slips in through a side door and is greeted by the owner and bard, Giveni Henge.

Welcome back, friend. Best find a place out of sight. The dottari are really cracking down on locals tonight. I think the talk of the slasher's got them worried.

Quick Question: Does it seem as if the Dance Hall is closed at night due to the curfew, or is Giveni worried about Aldren attracting attention? Aldren would feel bad about either but the two are quite different scenarios and I'm not 100% sure how to react.

Aldren smiled when he saw Giveni and gave the man a friendly hug in greeting. But when the owner of the dancehall expressed concern that Aldren find a place out of sight, he felt his spirits sinking once more. I am so very tired of this, dove -- You can't stop now, Aldy.

"Master Henge, I'm sorry, I don't mean to cause you trouble." With anyone else, the apology would have been a lie, but for someone in a position such as the dancehall's owner, the Calistrian was quite sincere. The clergy weren't subordinate to the madams and masters of such places, but the owners were entitled to respect.

"I just need a place to stay for night. I was going to offer to help your staff, otherwise make myself useful or hire some company, but if it's going to cause you trouble, I'm just putting you at risk." He sighed. The inquisitor gambit would pass quick inspection, but without any paperwork or a proper unholy symbol, it would be a hard sell across the Bleakbridge and getting back to the Nest.

He wasn't above begging. "I have no right to ask it, but is there someplace I can stay? I will make it up to you somehow."


Vitals:
(HP: 37/37; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +9[+11] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 5 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +8; Diplo +6; Fly: +6; Heal +8; Kn(Arcana) +11; Kn(Hist/Planes) +10; Kn(Nature): +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +11; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +13; Stealth +11; UMD +9)

-- Before we leave the abandoned building --

Sidius shrugs, "I suppose I should feel better that it's the same person who accosted us earlier, but his ability to find us - despite our magical and mundane disguises -- worries me. Can't help but think they're using magic to find us, and that we're going to need to invest in ways to counter that... soon."

Despite his fear that it might be useless, he concentrates a moment, willing a new magical disguise to replace the older one, assuming the form of a slightly-hunched half-elven merchant.

He says, "Tooth and Nail it is."


Vigilante 4/Rogue (Unchained) 1 | HP 35 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +9 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +8 |

Arcos commits fully to his social identity, a bookish scribe once more. He nods when Lubella proposes leaving the bodies, ”I believe that might be best. Now let’s get moving.”

Back at the Tooth and Nail Arcos smiles when the cult is brought up, ”I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t excited to kick in some diabolical cultist’s teeth. Child snatching bastards.”


Forged Map | Rebels Map

@Aldren. Dance hall is supposed to be closed due to curfew. But that just means people are not to be traveling in/out or on the streets. No problem with you staying there.

@Lubella, I will assume the bodies are left where they were dispatched...

***

Dance Hall:

A follower of the Savored Sting is never a trouble. Just stay off the streets and do not do anything to bring the dottari into the building. he says with a wink.

***

At the Tooth and Nail, Setrona and the Hellknights nod as they listen intently to the account of the attacks and the missing boys.

Octavio ponders the events. This is most disturbing. But the Lucky Bones is still the primary objective. I cannot say who is following you, maybe I can have my armigers ask around while you head to the Lucky Bones. he pauses for effect, turning to each of you and Setrona.

But we cannot leave the boys captive if you even suspect they are being held. If I can get equipment for my knights, I will be able to provide more assistance, but we have not had the time yet.

***

The conversation can continue, along with any planning, but the night will pass and you can begin at dawn. Aldren is the only one not at the Tooth and Nail, I am assuming.


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

Talvek has said something about splitting up and not going to the same place repeatedly, but that was before the rest of the group went to the Tooth and Nail. So, unclear if he went with the group or someplace else.

A weary sigh of relief slipped from the half-elf. ”Thank you, Master Henge. Your kindness means a great deal. I’ll try to be more discrete in the future, though if they do cause any trouble, please let me know. I have a few tricks and may be able to persuade them to leave.”

Aldren works out an arrangement for the night with the owner then, once completed, retires for the night. He wakes early to the sound of a wasp buzzing about his room, eliciting a bleary-eyed but good natured, Aye, yes. I’m awake.”

After finding a place with some privacy, he spends the next hour in prayer and contemplation. He contemplated slights and wrongs, mild and grievous, those of others and his own, trying to sort through the jumbled emotions from the day before. He’d given an oath to the boy’s parents, and saving the boys -- and dealing with their kidnappers -- was an imperative, but Rexus’s adventure put them all at risk if he was caught... and even if he died.

Prayers complete and his (sometimes questionable) mental balance restored, he bade Henge and his staff a good day and went to the appointed meeting place.


Vitals:
(HP: 37/37; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +9[+11] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 5 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +8; Diplo +6; Fly: +6; Heal +8; Kn(Arcana) +11; Kn(Hist/Planes) +10; Kn(Nature): +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +11; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +13; Stealth +11; UMD +9)

Sidius says, "We'll get them - I agree that it's a priority - but given how easily we've been found, I worry about succeeding at anything we might try to do by stealth. Last thing we need is someone on our backtrail raising the alarm when we're neck-deep in danger."


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

Lubella said to Octavio, "We're going to enter the Lucky Bones tomorrow. We did manage to acquire a key to the door, from the people who were following us! They told us they were devotees of Mahathallah. One of them stated an intention to sacrifice the Shellet twins tomorrow, but he's no longer in a state to do that, being dead and all.

"We also have to urgently find Rexus; he's liable to try something extremely unwise. We're going to have a try at locating his cane by magical means in the morning; the plan is to head to the Lucky Bones right after that."

It was all ridiculously stressful, having to deal with multiple crises simultaneously, but there wasn't much choice. She tried to focus on the immediate steps they had to take, starting with getting some rest.


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Away for a day and there is lots to catch up on

Fhingle takes some food and sits down as everyone explains there night, "Could we have a team go look for Rexus and we go right to the Lucky Bones? We don't want them to know that we found their people and took them out." Fhingle says between bites.

"I don't mean splitting our party but we have people on the streets who could do some looking for us as well. Rexus is apparently not wanting to be found. Does he have a home here?" Fhingle asks.

The player knows he doesn't but Fhingle wasn't a founding member of this team.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

Lubella replied to Fhingle, "Finch is going to try a spell to locate Rexus' cane. We'll know really quickly whether it's in the search area.

"The Victocora family estate was burned to the ground on the Night of Ashes. He had that room at the Iudeimus Tenement, but I don't know of anywhere else he might be."

Aldren is planning to memorize Locate Object. The spell lasts 5 min and has a 600 ft radius, which moves with the caster.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

@Fhingle, you do have Rebellion teams available. One of these days I need to check as I think we are close to the end of the week...been active on many different plots so alot has happened in a few days.

After bidding you success on your mission, Lictor Octavio takes his beleagered hellknights back into hiding for the night.

The next morning, Setrona unlocks the front door for Aldren and her early deliveries of food and drink for the day.

Good morning sleepy heads. I hope you are rested. I will get some coffee brewing here in a bit. I am not sure if the Sweet Tooth is open today, but will see what else I can set for breakfast as I know you want an early start.

***

Assuming you are all back together in the Tooth and Nail for now. Probably not a great place to talk strategy as merchants and early customers will be coming soon.


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

On the off chance Henge's establishment was being surveilled, Aldren left as he arrived the previous night: as himself. Along the way, he found an obscured alcove in an alley where he changed his appearance to that of a bearded human male with a light scar across his right eye (image).

He then made his way to Tuce Alley and the Tooth and Nail, absorbing the sights and smells of the place. Ah, this little rebellion always takes me to the nicest places, the half-elf thought as he entered, the bar stinking of stale booze and smoke. Still, he mustered one of his best smiles as Setrona let him in, "Thank you, ma'am. I'm not sure we've had the privilege of meeting before. Setrona, right? I guess I'm called 'Finch' these days. I hope we're not putting you out."

Bluff (Take 10): 10 + 11 = 21

When talk of breakfast arose, his stomach gave him a swift kick in the ribs. "Oh! By the gods, coffee, yes! A charming hostess and already finding the way to my heart. If you're taking requests for breakfast, anything sweet or fatty, preferably both, but I'm sure whatever you can give us would be a delight. I don't mean to be picky."

He patiently waited for the others to assemble, reciting various prayers and lessons to as to not dwell overmuch on what might be happening to the twins while they prepared.


Vitals:
(HP: 37/37; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +9[+11] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 5 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +8; Diplo +6; Fly: +6; Heal +8; Kn(Arcana) +11; Kn(Hist/Planes) +10; Kn(Nature): +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +11; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +13; Stealth +11; UMD +9)

Siduis takes a pull from the cup of coffee and smiles, "This is surely one of the best healing herbs I've ever taken."

He looks around, watching the merchants entering, then finally says, "I'm thinking, despite having a long list of deliveries, we might want to stick together -- I worry that some of the items may be heavy, and it wouldn't be helpful if a smaller group can't carry the weight."


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 4/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 46/49 | AC 22 Tch. 14, Ff. 18 | Fort +7, Ref +13, Will +4 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +16; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

By the time they made it to the tooth and Nail it was too late to brave the curfew, so Talvek spends the night there - although he resolves to do so elsewhere for a few days, perhaps drop in to see his family.

As the group assembles in the morning, he changes his appearance to that of a middle-aged human man with sun-kissed skin, a full copper beard and a sizable paunch. Nodding appreciatively at Brakisi's code-speak, he speaks up. "I agree. Especially those perishable packages need to be delivered quickly, so we should attend to them first."


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

Lubella rose just before dawn as usual, in time to say her morning prayers. It was the one time of the day when she most able to keep her routine. Dusk prayers were proving to be more difficult, since she wasn't always in a location where she could stop and perform her observances.

She joined the others for breakfast, chiming in, "Morning coffee is one of the necessities of life!"

When Sidius and Talvek discussed the day's tasks in code, she joined in, "We also have the missing package to locate, before someone finds it and walks off with it. Or do we need to deal with the perishable delivery first?"


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

If there was sugar or cream to be had, he added ridiculous amounts of each to his cup. As the others gathered themselves and emerged in their various disguises, speaking in code and adopting their aliases, Aldren listened quietly while sipping the concoction, ruminating on his distaste for all the skulduggery. As an inveterate liar and deceiver, and devotee of a goddess of trickery, the realization surprised him. Too long hiding in the basement. It's a necessity for now, regardless, so suck it up, Aldy.

When a discussion about which task to address first arose, he offered, "If someone does find that missing package, they could probably get it back to us, even if it was badly damaged or destroyed. I could. But the other is perishable and, frankly, more precious." He took another sip, then offered, "I could ask my boss for advice, but she's a little fickle. Not sure how helpful it'll be."

Bluff for Secret Message (Take 10): 10 + 11 = 21

He's referring to the Speak with Dead and Augury spells. Even if Rex dies on his misadventure, unless his body is destroyed, his corpse could be compelled to testify against the Ravens. Aldren could cast augury (using his open 2nd level spell), but there's a good percentage it just doesn't work.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

As the coffee runs low, Setrona comes back looking a bit frustrated or confused.

Sorry I could not find more to eat. The Sweet Tooth is not open yet, so all I have is the coffee and a few beer pretzels and peanuts from last night. I wish you all luck finding your missing parcels. It would be a miserable shame if anything were to happen to either of them.

So, once you are ready to leave, just let me know if you go with the locate object track described before or if you head straight to the Lucky Bones site.


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

Aldren notices Setrona's expression as she returns, but when it's just about the shop across the way, he gives it a mental shrug. Ah, next for the rebellion, the case of the sleepy baker. When I find Rexus, so help me... "It's quite fine." He slugs back the rest of his sugar with coffee and stands. "We've imposed on your hospitality too much as it is, thank you."

To the others, "I'm inclined to see if we can quickly find that missing package. If it's not as easy as I hope, we can discuss a bit further, when we're not imposing on this busy, and lovely, lady." He winks at Setrona.


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 4/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 46/49 | AC 22 Tch. 14, Ff. 18 | Fort +7, Ref +13, Will +4 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +16; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Talvek thinks for a moment, then nods. "If it's a quick affair, then let's start with that. But I am greatly concerned about the perishables."

His heightened paranoia tingles at Setrona's visible confusion. "I hope that nothing happened to the source of those lovely tarts. Keep us apprised of developments in that regard."


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

Lubella was concerned about the meager breakfast. She was definitely missing Laria's baking. She almost suggested going to the Owl Bakery first thing, but thought better of it. Rations for breakfast it is.

Given that Talvek had expressed agreement with Aldren's plan, she said, "We can take a quick look for the lost bundle, but then we have to attend to the delivery. We can't be late on that. Anyway, I'll meet you outside."

She excused herself and went to a private spot to prepare her disguise.

Disguise: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

I really should take ranks in disguise.

"The food is good, we could always use more but I can grab some food along the way. I don't think we should wait to long on making the delivery, if we cannot find the lost bundle by 10 bells we have to move on." Fhingle says almost apprehensively


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

As it seems there is a consensus and as I'm currently in a roll20 campaign and drinking copious quantities of bourbon, I'm going to type this up now... :)

Aldren expresses agreement with Lubella and Fhingle, "I don't disagree with you, but don't underestimate the significance of losing the package. I am loath to say it, but its contents could do a great deal of harm. Regardless, I agree. Ten bells."

With a course of action seemingly decided, Aldren explains his plan, which is to proceed to the northeast corner of the cemetery and, from there, follow a route that should encompass the northern half of the island.

Unless stopped en route (or someone else objects), he keeps his disguise, and asks the taller folk (Talvek, Arcos and Sidius) to form a buffer while he claps his holy symbol to cast the spell, then proceeds upon the proposed route.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Aldren and those following with their attempted disguises, manages to cast his spell and trek through the streets and allies as desired.

Making the complete course, he does not get any ping on the location of Rexus's cane, and the spell expires.

The termination of the plotted path leaves your team relatively close to the Holding House as well as the suspected location of the Lucky Bones.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

Lubella frowned when Aldren's spell showed no trace of Rexus' cane, talking to herself, "Where is he?"

She addressed the other Ravens, "We'll have to try again tomorrow, and cover a different area, I guess. In any case, we need to rescue the Shellet twins, so we'd best get to the Lucky Bones."

She cast her message spell on her comrades, and led the way, on the lookout for dottari patrols, and also checking to see if they were being followed.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

When the group reaches the Lucky Bones, Lubella is going to take off her armor, and get someone to cast Mage Armor on her, using her wand.


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

When the spell failed, Aldren couldn't have been more cross. Self-pitying, indulgent, petulant little man-child... -- Hmm, sounds familiar. He paused, then couldn't quite help a laugh. Though the question was rhetorical, he still replied to Lubella, "Someplace where he truly doesn't want to be found. Still, this hit most of the Thrune strongholds in the city, so hopefully that means they don't have him either... Let's go."

When Lubella went to take off her armor, he asked the group if he could have a few minutes to pray. "I wasn't sure where our emphasis was going to be today and there are a couple more prayers I may ask Calistria to grant. If there's a strategy you favor for this little soiree, let me know now."


Vitals:
(HP: 37/37; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +9[+11] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 5 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +8; Diplo +6; Fly: +6; Heal +8; Kn(Arcana) +11; Kn(Hist/Planes) +10; Kn(Nature): +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +11; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +13; Stealth +11; UMD +9)

Sidius watches Aldren cast his spell, then says, "My turn", and calls upon his patron to shift and alter his features, turning him into a fresh-faced half-elven scholar or acolyte. "Eventually, one of these faces might actually fool someone and keep me alive," he mutters. His hex in place, he quickly casts mage armour and false life, just in case.

False Life: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 4/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 46/49 | AC 22 Tch. 14, Ff. 18 | Fort +7, Ref +13, Will +4 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +16; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Talvek maintains his human merchant disguise as they trek through the streets, growing increasingly frustrated with this futile endeavour. "Perhaps he left his cane behind, or it was taken from him." He adds, avoiding Lubella's eyes. "We need to hurry, and try to save those who may yet be saved. If Rexus is in trouble, he brought it upon himself. And he will likely bring further trouble upon ourselves, but there isn't much that we can do about that now, not until we know where he is."

As they reach the location of the Lucky Bones, he holds a couple of vials ready. Barkskin and Heightened Awareness.

"I can turn invisible for a short time and scout ahead, then come back and let you know what I've found, or communicate through magical means if it seems safe to do so."


Vigilante 4/Rogue (Unchained) 1 | HP 35 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +9 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +8 |

"Perhaps we could lie our way in? Present ourselves as hopeful cultists?"


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

When Talvek observed Rexus would likely bring further trouble, Aldren observed dryly, "If we ever find him, we could hobble him..." It was a joke... mostly.

Later, he offered, "I can also turn someone invisible for a few minutes." When Arcos suggests bluffing their way in, he says, "I could try that gambit, but some of us aren't as good with deception as others and, if this hive is lousy with priests and acolytes, it will only take a simple casting of detect good for the lot of you to light up like a bonfire." It wasn't a reproach, just an observation. He paused, then added, "I'm willing to do it, but I don't know how I would get back out or word to you once I was in."

He pauses, then offers, "What about a mix? Some of us present as hopefuls while Llll---" he winces, "little ones such as Kyda or Fhingle slips inside, invisible? To get the twins out, gods willing they're still alive, we're going to have to kill these people anyway, so there's no point going too far in."

With 5 HD, you'd each radiate a faint aura of good. Also, feel free to always assume Aldren has told everyone what spells he can cast each day. No point hiding what he can do to help or missing on opportunities on tactics.


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

Gosh darnit. Please strike “Fhingle” above and replace it with “Ba”. That was player error.


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

"I have the power to use my divine power to deflect blows Shield of Faith 5 minutes. I am not the best at sneaking but I can put life links on those going in to know if they are injured or not." Ba says to be helpful.

"Deception isn't my thing, I am better at asking people things and getting them to tell me the truth."

3,301 to 3,350 of 3,682 << first < prev | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Barzillai Thrune's Hell's Rebels All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.