Sic Semper Tyrannis! (Thrune's Hell's Rebels Revived)

Game Master GM Aarvid

Rebellion
Maps

Loot Sheet

GM Screen:

Perception:
'[dice=Perception (Aldren)]1d20+1[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Arcos)]1d20+1[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Lubella)]1d20+5[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Talvek)]1d20[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Fhingle)]1d20+3[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Sidius)]1d20+3[/dice]

Initiative:
'[dice=Initiative (Aldren)]1d20+4[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Arcos)]1d20+4[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Lubella)]1d20+4[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Talvek)]1d20+1[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Fhingle)]1d20+2[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Sidius)]1d20+6[/dice]


3,351 to 3,400 of 3,685 << first < prev | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | next > last >>

Forged Map | Rebels Map

You are able to regroup and head towards the Lucky Bones despite the disappointment of not locating the errant Rexus.

Rounding the block in the district, you spot your destination.

The charred ruins of the Lucky Bones stand at the southwestern edge of the city, surrounded by warehouses. The ruins themselves are picked over—very little remains but rubble, a tangle of timbers, and three partially collapsed brick fireplaces. The ruins appear entirely abandoned.

Perception or Survival DC16:
You notice a
partially hidden trail that winds through the rubble. This trail leads to the southernmost and largest ruined fireplace.

Let me know actions or preparations in addition to perception above.


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

Aldren is going to pray for the 'silence' spell, but keep his other spell slot (3rd level) open for now. He has communal protection from evil which should help in one fight.

While Aldren had no spells he could cast in advance, he did remember one other detail. "Ah, I just remembered... someone gave me a gift that might be helpful, it's a potion of enlargement. Silly dear, she didn't quite understand it grew the whole body. Anyway... Jackdaw? Kyda? One of you can probably make the best use of it." (Offering a potion of enlarge person.)

Perc: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 :-/

Aldren looked down on the ruins and clicks his tongue in disapproval. "I thought devil-worshippers were supposed to be powerful and sexy, not skulking about in blasted out ruins. I'd complain to the recruiter, but she's a god." He sighs. "If they've any sort of outlook, it's going to be hard to make a stealthy approach. Where do we even go in?"


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

When the group reached the location of the Lucky Bones, Lubella removed her chain shirt and stored it in her backpack. She took out her new wand and requested, "Can someone use my wand to put Mage Armor on me?" She uttered a couple of arcane incantations, casting spells on herself and Talvek.

Casting Heroism (duration 50 min) on herself and Talvek. While it doesn't change her AC right now, Mage Armor will remove her -2 armor check penalty, as well as the max dex limit.

"There must be an entrance here somewhere," she declared, looking around. "There ought to be signs of foot traffic."

Perception, heroism: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 = 15


Vigilante 4/Rogue (Unchained) 1 | HP 35 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +9 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +8 |

Arcos finds a hidden corner and takes a moment to himself. He uses his sleeves of many garments to construct his Blue Warlock's outfit, blue robes reminiscent of wizard's robes with filaments of angular golden thread. A cowl covers his head and a blue and gold eye mask obscures his face.

He pops out and says in the bombastic tone of the the masked vigilante, "The Blue Warlock is ready for action! What's more, that fireplace over there is the likely entrance!"

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 4/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 46/49 | AC 22 Tch. 14, Ff. 18 | Fort +7, Ref +13, Will +4 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +16; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Perception: 1d20 + 14 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 14 + (1) = 29

"You're right, there's a trail that leads to it. Here, Kyda, take my amulet. I have other things to protect me."

Also imbibing the mutagen, which brings Talvek's AC to 22.

"When you've cast the communication magic, I will go invisible and go inside, see how far I can get without being discovered or revealing myself."

Some rolls in advance.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 11 + (4) = 29
Perception once inside: 1d20 + 14 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 14 + (3) = 26


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

Lubella took the amulet and placed it around her neck. "Sure thing — don't forget to check for traps!", she said as she re-cast her Message spell on everyone.

Casting Message again on the party. AC 20 with the amulet.


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

Aldren watched Talvek make ready to go into the Lucky Bones with some anxiety. They had no idea what was waiting for them inside, only what was at stake. "Take the key with you, Jackdaw. Watch for traps, and don't take any stupid risks." He then loaded his crossbow and waited.

Quick OOC suggestions on potions:

No takers on the potion of enlarge person?

We also have a couple potions of invisibility from the changelings. Let's give both of those to Talvek, too. If he doesn't need them, they can be redistributed, but this way he can stay invisible longer if needed.

GM Aarvid wrote:
Lubella uses her detect magic and suspects the two potions are both the same and of invisibility.


Vigilante 4/Rogue (Unchained) 1 | HP 35 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +9 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +8 |

Invis is really useful for me too, as it gives me more opportunities for sneak attack.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Arcos shows the others the hidden trail and the fireplace.

checks:

Perception:
Perception (Aldren): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Perception (Arcos): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Perception (Lubella): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Perception (Talvek): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Perception (Fhingle): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Perception (Sidius): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Perception DC25:

check reveals a hidden trap door that opens with surprising ease on oiled hinges.

Talvek spots the trap door...Once opened, the trap door reveals a short staircase that leads down to area where a flight of stairs descends into a partially collapsed basement.

The air is thick with the cloying reek of garbage and decay, and clouds of fat flies buzz about, making it doubly unpleasant to breathe within the dank chamber.

Map updated. Marching order or map position will be more important than we had in the city as we go through this more typical dungeon crawl.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

Lubella felt almost naked without the familiar bulk her chain shirt, but she knew (at least intellectually) that her magical protection was just as good, and less encumbering. She cast a spell on her scimitar; after waiting for Talvek to descend and give the all clear, she followed him down the stairs. The stench reminded her to tie her bandana to conceal her face; she was disguised already, but she didn't want the enemy to get a good look at her features nonetheless.

Casting Light on her scimitar. I'm assuming that the basement is dark. If there is some light to see by, she will sheathe her scimitar; otherwise she will hold her blade aloft to light the way. She's giving Talvek time to move ahead first, so as not to spoil his stealth.

I'm assuming that Talvek is first, and Lubella is 2nd in the marching order.


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 4/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 46/49 | AC 22 Tch. 14, Ff. 18 | Fort +7, Ref +13, Will +4 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +16; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Talvek moves ahead of the rest, turning invisible as soon as he reaches the bottom of the stairs. He had only a limited time unseen, so he advances quietly, but swiftly, into the space below.

Moved Talvek on the map. See earlier post for Stealth and Perception checks.


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

With all the stealth of a Taldorian auroch (the half-elf had clearly not inherited the grace and lightstep of his elven ancestors), Aldren kept towards the rear as long as others were trying to stealthily infiltrate the den. (I'm content with fourth or later in line.)

Also, wow... big map.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Yes, this map is big - so lots going on. The tracker sheet will help!

Talvek reaches the bottom of the stairs. Two things he immediately notices:

First, a wooden door, reinforced with rusting iron strips, sits in the eastern wall beyond this rooms piles of trash.

Second: the powerful stench of this place about knocks him to his knees.

Each person reaching the bottom of stairs

Fail DC12 Fort vs Stench:

be nauseated for 1d4 rounds and then sickened for 1d4 minutes.
This is a disease effect.

init:

Initiative (Aldren): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Initiative (Arcos): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Initiative (Lubella): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Initiative (Talvek): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Initiative (Fhingle): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Initiative (Sidius): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Initiative (Big): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Initiative (Small): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Talvek:

You spot 3 creatures with strange eyes and tentacles, being mostly maw supported by three legs. They stand and begin to whip their tentacles around...as if sniffing for your location.

=== Surprise Round===
19+ Arcos(),Lubella()
18- Small-Pink(moved), Small-Orange(moved)
17- Aldren()
16- Big-Red(moved)
13- Sidius(),Talvek(invis), Fhingle()

Talvek needs a fort save. None of the rest of you can see him, right?


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

I'm presuming this is a fort save.

Fortitude, heroism: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 = 26

Lubella pressed her bandana over her nose and kept her breakfast down when she reached the bottom of the stairs. She whispered, "Brace yourselves, the stench could drop a horse!"


Forged Map | Rebels Map

How far back was Lubella from Talvek, since I presume she cannot see him?


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

Sorry, posted too soon! The surprise round text wasn't showing yet! She was waiting for him to tell us we were OK to come down the stairs. Put her token back at the top of the stairs. No, she can't see him right now.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

No worries. I was updating the post with the added complexities as you can now see...I can leave her (with her save) at the bottom of the steps - but Talvek had not yet yelled...but may do so during his surprise round action...


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 4/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 46/49 | AC 22 Tch. 14, Ff. 18 | Fort +7, Ref +13, Will +4 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +16; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Gagging from the stench, Talvek does his best to whisper as quietly as possible to Lubella as he unsheathes his rapier. "There are three creatures here, lots of tentacle, don't think invisibility fools them for long."

They need to make a DC25 Perception check to hear the message.


Vitals:
(HP: 37/37; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +9[+11] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 5 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +8; Diplo +6; Fly: +6; Heal +8; Kn(Arcana) +11; Kn(Hist/Planes) +10; Kn(Nature): +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +11; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +13; Stealth +11; UMD +9)

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4
Sidius Consano wrote:
[dice=Perception]d20+11

The perception check is just for the beasties to see if they overheard Talvek’s whisper via the message spell. We still hear it automatically.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Each of you hear Talvek's message to you about somethings he encountered

3d20 ⇒ (2, 19, 15) = 36

Talvek:
One of the small ones was looking right through you while you whispered.

Bold are up...include a DC12 fort save if you step off the stairs into the room as part of your action (Talvek and Lubella saved)

=== Round 1===
19+ Arcos(),Lubella()
18- Small-Pink(*), Small-Orange()
17- Aldren()
16- Big-Red(moved)
13- Sidius(),Talvek(invis), Fhingle()


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

@Talvek: Don't forget the morale bonus to saves from Heroism.

Lubella came down the stairs and held up her glowing scimitar to light the chamber. "Where are they?", she asked, looking around warily for the monsters, her heart pounding; she didn't like the sound of "tentacles". She balanced on the balls of her feet, ready to dodge grasping horrors.

Move Action: Move, Standard Action: Total Defense (+4 AC) — 24 AC currently.

Perception, heroism: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 2 = 29
Monster Knowledge, heroism: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14
Same modifier for all knowledges: Arcana, Dungeoneering, Local, Planes, Religion. By the description, most likely Dungeoneering.


Vigilante 4/Rogue (Unchained) 1 | HP 35 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +9 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +8 |

Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Arcos follows along down the stairs, just able to defeat the rising nausea from the stench. He summons up a bolt of electricity, readying to hurl it once one of the creatures comes into view.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Lubella clambers down the stairs as soon as she hears Talvek's mental call. The stench hardly fazes her as she tries to determine the name of the creatures she spots behind the piles of refuse.

Kn:Dungeon DC14:
These are an adult otyugh and a couple smaller specimens.

Arcos barely can stand as his knees wobble momentarily at the putrid smell in the room. He readies to hurl...a bolt...not his lunch.

A pink filthy mess climbs to the top of a pile and although its eye stalk point to the center of the room, it shifts its gaze to focus on the Arcos as the bolt of electricity strike it.

It shrieks as its attention is directed back to Lubella and Arcos, which are visible morsels.

Mmmmmmm

On Lubella
tentacle: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 for dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 4 GRAB

Another orange blob with tentacles emerges from the north and flails about the center of the room, giant maw slobbering for a meal.

Mmmmmmm

On Something invisible in the center of the room...
tentacle: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 for dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 3 GRAB
tentacle: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 for dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 4 GRAB
bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 for dmg, disease: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

But all of the tentacles lash out wildly and none find their target.

=== Round 1===
19+ Arcos(),Lubella()
18- Small-Pink(-5), Small-Orange()
17- Aldren()
16- Big-Red(moved)
13- Sidius(),Talvek(invis), Fhingle()


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

Weve got a little choke point here. Hard to get in.

Aldren moves to the bottom of the stairs...

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Womp womp Nauseated for 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds

And promptly spews his coffee.

Question: Nauseated usually limits you to a single love action each round. I gained the condition mid-round. Can I still take a move action, or does my action at the beginning of the round count? If I can still act, I’m going to move back up the stairs to open space for Sidius and Fhingle.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

Lubella whispered to her allies, "They're otyughs — an adult and two smaller ones. They seem intent on eating us!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Forged Map | Rebels Map
Aldren wrote:

Can I still take a move action, or does my action at the beginning of the round count?

He can finish his move but loses his standard imho

Aldren blows his morning coffee into the room with vigor, then tries to stumble back up the stairs for fresh air.


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Fhingle waits outside with Sidius, "Think they will call out if they need help? Or should we try to go in quietly? I can bring Lubella's armor but i won't be able to be quiet at all." Fhingle looks to the much taller man for what they should do.


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

To confirm, Aldren will back up. Map is updated. Sidius, Fhingle... sorry, I don't have a bag of sawdust.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Ok, sorry. Started to post...then the e-homework needed to get done for the night. Trying again...


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Ok, sorry. Started to post...then the e-homework needed to get done for the night. Trying again...aw crud - then Paizo ate my post of misses turning them all into hits/crits. Keeping the originals...disregard these stellar rolls :(

As Aldren staggers back up stairs, the large shaggy heap twitches its eye stalks around at the invisible movement and a sniffing sound is heard from the large maw.

3d100 ⇒ (20, 79, 29) = 128 miss on 1-50%

big tentacle: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 for dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 GRAB
big tentacle: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 for dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 GRAB
big bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 for dmg, disease: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

But the tentacles and the large maw cannot seem to find the invisible meal they so desperately want to savor.

Those not named Aldren the Queezy may now go...

=== Round 1===
13- Sidius(),Talvek(invis), Fhingle()
=== Round 2===
19+ Arcos(),Lubella()
18- Small-Pink(-5), Small-Orange()
17- Aldren(sick)
16- Big-Red()


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

Lubella said to the nearest otyugh, "Hungry are you? Well taste my mithril!" She spun into her martial dance and lashed out with her blade, while being careful to be ready for the counterattack. Unfortunately, she slipped on some excrement, ruining her attack; She regained her composure and stepped to the side to make room for her friends to get into action.

Swift Action: Arcane Strike, Move Action: Start Battle Dance, Standard Action: Attack, 5 ft step.

Mithril Scimitar, Battle Dance, Heroism, Fighting Defensively, Heroism: 1d20 + 9 + 4 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 4 + 2 - 4 = 12
Damage, Battle Dance. Arcane Strike: 1d4 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 + 2 = 14

+2 AC for fighting defensively: AC 22

[ooc]Battle Dance rounds used: 1/15


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Fhingle will delay


Vitals:
(HP: 37/37; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +9[+11] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 5 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +8; Diplo +6; Fly: +6; Heal +8; Kn(Arcana) +11; Kn(Hist/Planes) +10; Kn(Nature): +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +11; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +13; Stealth +11; UMD +9)

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Sidius goes down the stairs slightly keeping a healthy distance and focusses his will on the large Otyugh, throwing a nasty hex to try to remove it from the fight.

Slumber Hex (sleep for 5 rounds, Will DC 17 to avoid)

Don't have Knowledge Dungeoneering to know much about these things.


Vigilante 4/Rogue (Unchained) 1 | HP 35 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +9 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +8 |

Arcos slings his bolt of lightning at the nearest otyugh, scoring a glancing blow.

Attack vs Touch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Sidius makes it down the stairs and spots the largest of the creatures. Aiming his hex that way.

1d20 ⇒ 2 and the large creature's tentacles flop to the ground as it's central eye stalk blinks closed.

Fhingle waits to see what happens next.

Arcos hurls another bolt of electricity at the small creature, striking it again for a minor burn. This apparently distracts Lubella mid-spin, throwing off her balance entirely and her spinning blade spins well wide of her mark.

=== Round 1===
13- Sidius(),Talvek(invis), Fhingle()
=== Round 2===
19+ Arcos(),Lubella()
18- Small-Pink(-7), Small-Orange()
17- Aldren(sick)
16- Big-Red(asleep)


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 4/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 46/49 | AC 22 Tch. 14, Ff. 18 | Fort +7, Ref +13, Will +4 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +16; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Taking advantage of the large creature being momentarily asleep, Talvek lunges at the smaller one next to it, hoping to catch it unprepared. He is aware that his attack ill reveal his position, but he is not about to let his companions fight these alone.

Attack orange, mutagen, heroism: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Opportune parry: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Opportune riposte: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30 Riposte damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

When it's Aldren's turn, just go ahead to Big-Red (if it's still alive after that). After a careful assessment of the options available to him, I've determined Aldren is just going to continue vomiting. ;)


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Talvek breaks his invisibility to stab the orange smaller creature through its hairy hide. It squeals in pain.

The pink one tries to grab Lubella.
tentacle: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 for dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 3 GRAB miss
tentacle: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 for dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 4 GRAB miss
bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 for dmg, disease: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 hits

The filthy maw manages to chomp on Lubella's arm. Fort save

Mmmmmm!

The orange one tries to grab Talvek and succeeds as Talvek nearly drops his rapier on the parry attempt.

tentacle: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 for dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 2 GRAB parry misses so hits
grab: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 GRABBED!!!

tentacle: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 for dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 1 GRAB miss
grab: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 for dmg, disease: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 hits/

The drooling mouth manages to bite on Talvek's leg. Fort save

Mmmmmm!

Ok, will take Aldren's posted action, but need to resolve the grapples and fort saves for Talvek and Lubella first

=== Round 2===
13- Sidius(),Talvek(-7, grappled, save?), Fhingle()
=== Round 3===
19+ Arcos(),Lubella(-4, fort?)
18- Small-Pink(-7), Small-Orange(-11,grappling)
17- Aldren(sick)
16- Big-Red(asleep 2/5)


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

Fortitude, Heroism: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12

"Aargh, how dare you!", Lubella exclaimed as the beast bit her. When she saw Talvek get grabbed, she spoke and arcane command to loosen the big monster's hold.

Casting Liberating Command as an immediate action. As an Immediate Action, Talvek can make an Escape Artist check with a +10 competence bonus (stacks with the +2 morale bonus from Heroism).

She continued dancing and counterattacked, trying to avoid her opponent's attacks.

Free Action: continue Battle Dance, Standard Action: Attack (fighting defensivly)
She can't use Arcane Strike, because using her Immediate Action to cast Liberating Command used up her Swift Action on her following turn.

Mithril Scimitar, Battle Dance, Heroism, Fighting Defensively: 1d20 + 9 + 4 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 4 + 2 - 4 = 22
Slashing Damage, Battle Dance: 1d4 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 4 = 9

+2 AC for fighting defensively: AC 22

1st lvl spells used: 1/5
2nd lvl spells used: 2/3
Battle Dance Rounds used: 2/15


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

Did Talvek drink his mutagen? If so, he gets a +4 alchemical bonus to dexterity and a +2 natural armor bonus, raising his AC to 21. I think that would mean he wasn't hit and grabbed. That would also mean that Lubella wouldn't have used up her Swift Action, allowing her to use Arcane Strike for an extra 2 damage.


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

FWIW:

Talvek Drassed wrote:

*snip*

Also imbibing the mutagen, which brings Talvek's AC to 22.

*snip*


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 4/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 46/49 | AC 22 Tch. 14, Ff. 18 | Fort +7, Ref +13, Will +4 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +16; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

My bad, I hadn't updated my tag line with the buffed stats. AC is indeed 22 from mutagen.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

thanks. I do rely on the tag lines for AC and saves, but suspected there may be a liberating command or other counter to grapple . I will adjust tonight.


Vitals:
(HP: 37/37; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +9[+11] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 5 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +8; Diplo +6; Fly: +6; Heal +8; Kn(Arcana) +11; Kn(Hist/Planes) +10; Kn(Nature): +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +11; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +13; Stealth +11; UMD +9)

Seeing the creature bite down on Lubella, Sidius throws another hex, pushing his will into the mind of the creature, distracting it.

Evil Eye -2 on attack rolls to the violet one - 8 rounds (Will DC 17 reduces that to 1)


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Fhingle will move down the stairs to help his friends out once the way is clear.

Will double move down once the area is clear, otherwise I won't be able to help out.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

In that case, Lubella doesn't need to cast Liberating Command, and her damage against pink is 11 with Arcane Strike.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Talvek manages by alchemical means, to escape an unwelcome grab.

Lubella slashes once more on the pink furry blob, drawing another line of ichor and another squeal.

Sidius stares down pink, and hexes it further to add insult to injury.

1d20 ⇒ 2 vs hex

Finghle scampers down the stairs.

=== Round 2===
13- Sidius(),Talvek(), Fhingle()
=== Round 3===
19+ Arcos(),Lubella(-4, *)
18- Small-Pink(-18, hex 1/8), Small-Orange(-11)
17- Aldren(sick)
16- Big-Red(asleep 2/5)


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 4/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 46/49 | AC 22 Tch. 14, Ff. 18 | Fort +7, Ref +13, Will +4 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +16; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

"Oooh, a feisty one!" Talvek murmurs as the tiefling barely avoids the grasping tentacles. He retaliates with another jab of his rapier.

Attack orange: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Parry: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Riposte: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Vigilante 4/Rogue (Unchained) 1 | HP 35 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +9 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +8 |

Arcos keeps on hammering the one in front of him, throwing more lightning.

Attack v Touch, PbS: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

3,351 to 3,400 of 3,685 << first < prev | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Barzillai Thrune's Hell's Rebels All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.