About Aldren Halfblood
This man stands at about average height but he could hardly be confused with most men. Tussled blond hair frames a fair-skinned face with high cheekbones and azure eyes. Lips that seem to float between a smile and a pout set off an unusually perfect set of teeth. Beneath the hair, his ears are slightly pointed, revealing his elven ancestry.
He wears a tabard crafted of black velvet and trimmed in gold, oversized to accommodate a finely crafted breastplate beneath. Breeches and a traveling cloak of the same material complete the ensemble along with a pair of black leather boots.
Aldren Halfblood of House Astavare
Male half-elf cleric of Calistria 3
CN Medium humanoid (elf, human)
Init +0; Senses low-light vision; Perception +6
AC 16, touch 10, flat-footed 16 (+6 armor)
hp 19 (3d8+1)
Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +7; +2 vs. enchantments
Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)
Melee cold iron morningstar +4 (1d8+2) or
. . dagger +4 (1d4+2/19-20) or
. . mwk heavy mace +5 (1d8+2)
Ranged light crossbow +2 (1d8/19-20)
Special Attacks channel positive energy 5/day (DC 14, 2d6)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 2nd; concentration +4)
. . 1/day—alter self (specific human, drow, or elf form)
Domain Spell-Like Abilities (CL 2nd; concentration +6)
. . 7/day—copycat (3 rounds), dazing touch (3 HD max)
Cleric Spells Prepared (CL 3rd; concentration +7)
. . 2nd-invisibility[D], calm emotions (DC 17), hold person (DC 17)
. . 1st—charm person[D] (DC 16), bless, murderous command[UM] (DC 16), protection from evil
. . 0 (at will)—bleed, detect magic, light, read magic
. . D Domain spell; Domains Charm, Trickery
Str 14, Dex 10, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 14
Base Atk +2; CMB +4; CMD 14
Feats Selective Channeling, Spell Focus (Enchantment)
Traits child of kintargo, sacred conduit
Skills Acrobatics -3 (-7 to jump), Appraise +4, Bluff +9, Disguise +3, Heal +8, Knowledge (history) +4, Knowledge (planes) +4, Knowledge (religion) +4, Linguistics +5, Perception +6, Profession (courtesan) +9, Sense Motive +10; Racial Modifiers +2 Perception
Languages Celestial, Common, Elven, Infernal
SQ elf blood
Combat Gear potion of cure light wounds (2), potion of enlarge person, potion of hide from animals, potion of lesser restoration,
Cleric Channel Positive Energy 1d6 (5/day, DC 14) (Su) Positive energy heals the living and harms the undead; negative has the reverse effect.
Cleric Domain (Charm) Granted Powers: You can baffle and befuddle foes with a touch or a smile, and your beauty and grace are divine.
Cleric Domain (Trickery) Granted Powers: You are a master of illusions and deceptions. Bluff, Disguise, and Stealth are class skills.
Copycat (7/day) (Sp) Create a single mirror image duplicate
Dazing Touch (3 HD max, 7/day) (Sp) Melee touch attack dazes foe for 1 rd, Immune if more HD than your level.
Elf Blood Half-elves count as both elves and humans for any effect related to race.
Elven Immunities - Sleep You are immune to magic sleep effects.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in dim light, distinguishing color and detail.
Selective Channeling Exclude targets from the area of your Channel Energy.
The Ten Minute Background:
Five Concept or Story Points
1. The bastard son of House Astavare, one of Kintargo's lesser noble houses, he's always been a source of embarassment to his family. He was dropped, unwanted, by his elf mother at the manor's doorstep. While he learned to hide his half-elven features in public with innate magical talents, he was never accepted by his family. He has no knowledge as to the context of his conception, but he was nonetheless raised by his putative father -- or rather the nurses and third-rate tutors that were hired to keep him away from the "real" family.
2. Aldren embraces the vengeance aspect of Calistria more than the lust and prostitution.
3. Taught by his family to keep his feelings and emotions hidden, his temper and wrath is a slow burn. In daily interactions, he strives to maintain an amicable demeanor, whether it is calm and docile or friendly and flirtatious. But he holds grudges and nurses them.
4. When not pursuing vengeance or otherwise dealing with the dangers of daily life as a member of an outlaw faith, he is a consummate hedonist. He adores finery and luxuries and has been known to use alcohol to excess and even dabble in pesh and other narcotics.
5. He conceals his faith through a blend of magic, friendships and lies. It was a topic that never came up with his family, so keeping it hidden hasn't been a terrible challenge so far.
People Tied to the PC
Three Key Memories/Moments
Fear or Paranoia