Sic Semper Tyrannis! (Thrune's Hell's Rebels Revived)

Game Master GM Aarvid

Rebellion
Maps

Loot Sheet

GM Screen:

Perception:
'[dice=Perception (Aldren)]1d20+1[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Arcos)]1d20+1[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Lubella)]1d20+5[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Talvek)]1d20[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Fhingle)]1d20+3[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Sidius)]1d20+3[/dice]

Initiative:
'[dice=Initiative (Aldren)]1d20+4[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Arcos)]1d20+4[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Lubella)]1d20+4[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Talvek)]1d20+1[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Fhingle)]1d20+2[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Sidius)]1d20+6[/dice]


3,251 to 3,300 of 3,682 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>

Vigilante 4/Rogue (Unchained) 1 | HP 35 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +9 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +8 |

Arcos helps to haul the bodies. ”If they knew who we were, that means there’s information out there about our real identities. Even if the general population isn’t aware, the people that could really do damage to us are.”

He nods to Sidius, ”That...thing that masqueraded as a sailor. It seemed to know who we were.”


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

GM: Quick clarifying question: are we in a street or an alley?


Forged Map | Rebels Map

@Aldren - definitely more of an alley between buildings and off the main streets.


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

Thanks!

Aldren looks about their surroundings while listening to the others, then says, ”Alright. You don’t know how they recognized you or, more precisely, the shapeshifter recognized you. He seemed to be the boss. I think that makes him the logical choice to wake up first and try to get some answers out of. Next question. Here in the alley or someplace else?”

Whatever devil may care affect he usually has, it’s gone, replaced for now with a cold, to the point, determination.

”And does anyone recognize this blasted symbol? I could try to trick him after healing him, but not without more information.”

Pretty sure we all failed but Aldren doesn’t know that IC


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Not sure I saw an action yet, forgive me if I missed it. Since they are non-responsive, you will have to determine where you are going. Remember it is after sunset and dim light and a fair distance to cover back to your hideout. It is closer to the new apartment. And also to the Tooth and Nail.


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

I think that’s right. That’s why I’m asking whether to try to question them here or someplace else. I don’t think Aldren knows anything about the Tooth and Nail, and what’s-her-name said she was barring the door. He doesn’t fancy questioning them in the alley but there are worse places .


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Ok, definitely out of rounds, with one corpse and two unconsious 'street people' who appear to be something other than they appeared.

Besides the mismatched eye color on the two women, and the strange facial features of the noble, their clothing is relatively normal looking.

The Noble, upon closer inspection hardly seems human at all. His limbs and skin are more leathery and face has slits where eyes ears and nose normally would be..

The women have unusually long fingernails, and each has a potion bottle in a belt pouch.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

Lubella checked the other two; she bound the noble, but when she reached the other woman, she had an obviously fatal head wound. "Uh, what happened here?", she asked pointedly, suspecting the answer.

She hid the body of the deceased woman, saying, "I think we should take them somewhere more private. I don't want to hang around out in the open like this."

Stealth (hide a body), no size bonus: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 14 - 4 = 18

I'm going to assume that Lubella's size bonus to stealth doesn't apply here.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

Stealth AA: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (9) - 3 = 6 Fail

Aldren looks about the alley for a place to conceal the corpse but is far too distracted to focus. She slipped. Amazing thing, a rock fell from the heavens. Her skull collided with my morningstar -- repeatedly. Terrible tragedy, everyone cried. Gods, you're an ass, Aldy. "We have one to question plus a spare. You wonder how these people knew about you? Maybe it has something to do with releasing people who've tried to kill you. Not everyone wants redemption, nor is deserving of life. You want a rebellion, you'll have to make some choices you don't like."

As soon as he said it, he knew it was an observation that, however true, was eventually going to come back to him. I should apologize. He didn't.

"The place I was going tonight is too far, too heavily patrolled, and won't accept people in this condition. Where do you suggest?" As the copycat image fades, it becomes clear there is going to be more trekking through the city. He concentrates for a moment, and his appearance shifts to another human form, his hair turning a dark brown with thick stubble around his jaw.

Before he tucks it away, he clasps the symbol of Calistria about his neck, and a wave of healing energy radiates from him, flowing around -- and not touching -- the two captives. He slings the morningstar at his hip, collects his scorpion whip, and moves to help carry the 'noble'.

Channel Positive: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 5) = 16


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Fhingle Moves with he group to hide the body. "We could just throw it in the river with a stone and then it wouldn't be seen for a while?" Fhingle offers.

" That is an unholy symbol of Mahathallah" Fhingle says seeing the symbol, he quickly takes and it covers it while putting it in his pack. "Don't want the church coming down on us harder, I think they just saw us and refereed to us as the little ones but maybe they do know something."


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 4/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 46/49 | AC 22 Tch. 14, Ff. 18 | Fort +7, Ref +13, Will +4 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +16; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

"Mahathallah? Can't say that I ever heard of such a deity. What else do you know of them?"

Stealth aid: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

As he talks, Talvek helps L- Kyda hide the body. If he was going to lecture the others about using code names, he better get himself into the habit of using them - even in his thoughts.

Knowledge to ID the noble: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 9 + (2) = 15
+9 to Dungeoneering, Nature, Planes, Religion, +13 to Local, +10 to Arcana.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

You are able to dump and hide the corpse with a little effort. The living, unconscious you have tied up for questioning.

While you are discussing and taking care of the first woman, you first hear some dottari patrols along the main streets not far from your current area.

They say the bodies were cut up the same way I tell you! The Temple Hill Slasher is back! says one guard of the four

But that was back in 4599! And the Temple Hill Slasher was executed soon after he was captured. This ain't the same guy, I tell you!

Then a different voice commands them both to shut up.
Bah! You are both scared of shadows. Just watch your patrols. Getting close to curfew and the trouble-makers will be out.

The patrol doesn't look very closely into the alley with their sun rods and light tokens before moving onward to the south gate.

***

The noble seems to be out for awhile, but the woman starts to stir as she finds herself tied. Lubella sees her dissimilar eyes flicker open momentarily.


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

From that, I'm assuming the fluttering of eyelids is subtle and so far only Lubella has noticed. Based on that...

When Aldren hears the voices in the street, he makes a snap decision, pulling off his Calistrian holy symbol, putting the symbol of Mahathallah about his neck -- I know You understand the need for trickery, My Lady, but forgive me anyway -- and then changes his appearance once more, this time to a masked inquisitor of Asmodeus. As part of the illusion, the unholy symbol of the Queen of Night appears as the pentagram-engraved symbol of Asmodeus. He tries to keep out of direct line of sight with the street, but to be in a relatively open position in the alley that would not suggest a desire to hide.


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Fhingle touches Aldren quickly activating a life link on the Elf before he takes off after the guards. "I will know if you are hurt" Fhingle says in a hushed tone.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

Lubella gagged the woman to guard against any sudden outbursts, telling her, "Please don't make any noise right now. We'll be be having a discussion shortly."

She let the others know that the prisoner was awake.

Knowledge Local (suitable spot nearby for questioning the captives): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Aldren, bolstered by Fhingle, heads away from the alley in disguise to see the dottari patrol off in the distance heading south east.

Aldren, let me know if you wanted to follow them for any distance.

Lubella recalls a few close places, but not sure which would be best for questioning. Trying to get them outside the gate could be problematic. The Salt Works were somewhat secluded to the west. Otherwise, the party hideout closer to the Nursery.

There were a couple abandoned buildings Lubella recalls near the holding house...they would work, but probably have higher risk of dottari patrols.

The woman scowls at Lubella and the others with malice as she does not appreciate being tied and gagged. She struggles a bit against the ropes but stops when everyone was watching.

***

After a bit of discussion you decide an abandoned building close by.

Once inside and off the street (assuming you have both captives...it will take all 6 of you to manage carrying them - especially the man). The noble starts to regain consciousness about the time you reach the abandoned building.

You can start any questioning or other actions...it is now ~7pm


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

Lubella said to her companions discreetly, "Let's question them separately. No need for them to know what the other has told us." She cast a spell so she could remain in communication with all her allies. Then she tied a bandana to conceal her face; there was no need to let the captives study her features at their leisure.

Casting Message on the other party members. Trying to keep the prisoners in the dark about the fate of the dead woman.

After separating the captives, and ensuring that the other one wouldn't overhear her, she questioned the "noble".

"Hello, my name is Kyda. What is you name? Would you like a drink of water?

"I'm willing to let you go free, if you can satisfy my curiosity. Your companions don't need to know what you have told me, so that may spare you some complications.

"I'm interested to know why your group is so interested in us. What were your instructions, and who do you report to?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18 Will aid Fhingle, if he wants to make the check; I think he may have a spell that gives him a bonus.

Sense Motive on reply: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 Is this a d20 or a d6? :(

Will likely have a follow-up question or two, depending on his response. Others can of course ask questions as well. We will need to have at least two people watching the woman out of earshot.

After questioning the "noble", she will repeat the procedure with the woman.


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

When the dottari continue down the street and do not discover Aldren or the party, the half-elf glances up and down the street once more, returns to the party with news the “coast” was clear, and shifts back to his most recent human disguise.

With a scowl but an uncharacteristic lack of complaints or snide quips, he helps move the captives to an abandoned house.

When Lubella begins the questioning, he can’t quite help but roll his eyes as she offers to let them go right out of the gate. Like lost little pets... He waits, brooding in a corner, scorpion whip held lazily in one hand while arms are crossed in a pose of disinterest. Still, if she’s going to try this approach...

”You really should indulge her bargain. She’s the nice one. And we only need one of you to answer.” It’s more threatening than diplomatic, but it was the best he could muster in his dour mood.

Diplo AA: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Definitely a d6

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The woman continues her scowl.

”You will get nothing from me! “

SM - She seems hostile and unwilling to divulge any information. You suspect you will need extra ‘help’ to convince her..


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

If the 'noble' and woman are in different rooms, who is with who? Both should be watched by at least two people, I think.

A smirk crosses Aldren's lips as the woman refuses the offer. "Well, Kyda, we tried it the diplomatic way. Want to try it my way, or see if one of her friends are talking yet? One of them will want to live."

Bluff that they're both alive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Assuming the following:

Questions continues in separate rooms in the same abandoned building

Guard duty of the prisoner Noble: Fhingle, Arcos and Sidius

MoRe active interrogation with Lubella, Aldren and Talvek with the woman.

let me know if you want to change it up...


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Fhingle looks at the woman in a funny manner, almost jinxing her in a way that messes with her mind. DC 16 will save or -1 on saves for 24 hours

Fhingle not wanting to be part of the torture that he thinks is happening stays to keep a look out, knowing full well what some people are capable of.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

I was intending to question the man first, but it doesn't really matter.

Lubella consulted with Aldren, making sure not to be overheard by the prisoners, "We might have to resort to a magical inducement to loosen her tongue."


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

The priest’s assessment was much the same as Lubella’s. Whispering back to her and keeping his mouth covered in the event there might be any lip reading, he replied, ”I’ve got two shots... a charm and a suggestion. He seemed to be in charge, but we saw she has a high resistance. Frankly, I put the odds pretty even, but he may have more information. If we go with him, she needs to be knocked back out; I can do that myself, if you’re hesitant, or I can make it relatively painless for her while you do it.” Contrary to popular opinion, he wasn’t gratuitously cruel; or, at least, he didn’t think he was.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The woman was awake first, so started there. But you can switch to the man as well now that he has recovered.

1d20 ⇒ 15 vs bluff

Fhingle gives the woman the evil hobbit eye...

1d20 ⇒ 15 vs curse

She scowls at Fhingle with the "oh, please!" look.

Aldren confers with Lubella and the others out of earshot as you contemplate next steps.

Let me know if you want to try either spell. The diplomacy DC is pretty steep on its own with hostile+circumstances pushing in the neighborhood of 30+. Manageable but needing to buff/de-buff/aid


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

Lubella consulted with her allies through whispers and her message spell, "I'm going to try talking to the other prisoner. I've got one spell left to aid my efforts. Does anyone have anything else have any magic that can help?"

She said some arcane words to make herself a little more eloquent. Then she searched the prisoners for anything they might have on their person.

Casting Heroism on herself, using her last 2nd lvl spell slot of the day. Anyone have something that gives a competence bonus? She'll need others to aid her efforts as well.

We didn't explicitly say we were searching them earlier, so I'll do it now. Will cast Detect Magic on anything found.


Forged Map | Rebels Map
GM Aarvid wrote:
The women have unusually long fingernails, and each has a potion bottle in a belt pouch.

Searching the trio, besides the above, their holy symbols, their nets and the one wand found at the scene, they do not carry anything else of interest. The man has a similar holy symbol as the women, not quite as fancy, and a strange key.

The 2 potion vials and the wand detect as magical.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

Lubella took a moment to examine the wand and the potions.

Spellcraft (wand), Heroism: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16
Spellcraft (potions), Heroism: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 = 21

Not sure if I should be rolling separately for each potion. Someone else can have a look at the items as well.


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4
GM Aarvid wrote:
...and a strange key.

Interesting... Worth asking about.

Aldren's tongue clicks against the roof of his mouth as something occurs to him. Still whispering, he switches to halfling as an additional precaution. His pronunciation is more than a little rough and a few words are slightly off, but it's a solid effort. "Αν θέλετε να τον αμφισβητήσετε, αφήστε με μαζί της. Έχω μερικές ιδέες. Μπορεί να είναι χρήσιμη αν ο Brakisi μπορεί να έρθει να κάνει το εξωτικό πράγμα του, όμως." He pauses, then adds, "Και δεν φοβάσαι. Δεν θα την σκοτώσω."

Translation wrote:
"If you want to question him, leave me with her. I have a couple ideas. Might be helpful if Brakisi can come do his hexing thing, though... And fret not. I won't kill her."


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

Looks like I need to take my chances with the dice roller.

Lubella wasn't entirely sure if Aldren could contain his vengeful nature, but decided she would have to trust her team-mate. She nodded and went to question the other prisoner. After making sure that the captive was reasonably comfortable, she introduced herself (as Kyda), and told him, "I am entertaining the idea of letting you go free. But I would like some information in return. Who sent you after us, and what were your instructions? I can promise not to tell your companions what you tell me, if that makes it easier for you."

Diplomacy, Heroism: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 13 + 2 = 24

Sense Motive on the reply, Heroism: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 2 = 28

She will wait for others to make any preparations they wish, before she asks her questions. She will likely need help convincing the prisoner to talk.


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

As Lubella leaves the room, the human-disguised Aldren hardly seems to give any acknowledgment to whether Talvek remained or left with her. Instead, he smiled at the woman with the mismatched eyes, held up his hands with opened palms (or as much as he could) and slung his whip about his waist before coming to kneel a short distance from her -- not so close she could strike him even if she fell towards him, but close enough to hint at some sort of intimacy.

"So... that’s a relief. I’m glad she’s gone. I want to be clear, because you may not have believed me. She really is the ‘nice’ one. I'm what you might call the 'black sheep' in the group because I'm comfortable hurting people when they deserve it. I look different now, but from the alley, you'd remember me as the Calistrian priest who tried to hold you. And, I would guess, with my faith being banned, you probably think even less of me than you do them, even though they're the ones trying to overthrow the Thrunes." He gestures vaguely over his shoulder with a tilt of his head, indicating Lubella and the others.

"And, here's the funny thing, I actually think that puts us pretty close on the philosophical spectrum. You hurt people you need to hurt, so do I. You're working to support a regime, they're working to replace it with whatever they think is going to be nicer to the people, but you and I both know that's a load of crap... this isn't a fair world, and they're never going to get the 'perfect' government they want." He adds a condescending tone to the word 'perfect' to make it clear what he thinks of the idea.

"Now, don't get me wrong. I wouldn't dream of trying to convert you. Unlike her, I know you're comfortable in your decisions and faith. I am too, I guess. But, I am curious. My education is lacking. Can you tell me about Mahat-lannah? Why not the big guy, Asmodeus? What's she want in this city?" He purposefully bungles the pronunciation, trying to play on her ego and condescension to begin lecturing him and, he hopes, reveal something.

bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 Pretty much everything he said is true, but he's trying to trick her into saying something and maybe let her infer he is open to being converted. Bluff seemed like the best choice for that, but kind of a non-standard use for the ability so totally up to GM discretion. Thought I'd give it a whirl. If it becomes clear this won't work, he will use 'message' to ask Brakisi to come in and hex her with an evil eye before trying to use charm person on her.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Lubella uses her detect magic and suspects the two potions are both the same and of invisibility.

The wand, she is less certain about.

The woman shakes her head at Lubella's questioning, sneering.

I will wait for others to add in...Lubella is quite a bit short of convincing the woman of anything due to her hatred and the sensitivity of the data being requested.

The sense of the woman is she is devoted zealot and cultist of her dark mistress and is going to be difficult to break without some strong compulsion.


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 4/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 46/49 | AC 22 Tch. 14, Ff. 18 | Fort +7, Ref +13, Will +4 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +16; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Spellcraft wand: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (16) + 8 + (3) = 27
Spellcraft potions: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 8 + (1) = 19

After some agonizing decision-making, Talvek follows Lubella when she moves to question the noble. He was a little worried of what Aldren might do to the woman, but he was more worried about what Lubella might tell the 'noble', or that she might set him free.

Still maintaining his disguise, he leans against the wall with arms crossed, nodding at their captive. "This is really the best offer you will get. Kyda keeps her word. And it is a far more generous offer than you deserve, but here we are."

Diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 15 + (6) = 39


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

GM, clarifying question. Lubella has switched to questioning the noble, while Aldren is talking with the woman. Do you mean in the above the woman is staying silent with Aldren? Or the noble is staying silent with Lubella?

And is it okay if we bit Brakisi’s actions while he’s away, do you want to do that, or is he on the sideline right?


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Ok, switched Lubella over to the noble's room. Updating map to keep track of who is where for questioning. Not combat, but just to keep things straight. And yes, feel free to bot Brakisi's actions while he is away.

Talvek is able to ascertain the wand is of hold person.

Even with Talvek's assistance, Lubella makes no headway in convincing the Noble to disclose any other information. (With Talvek's assist being so high, I am going to throw you a bone).

You will get nothing more from me. Other than what you already may know. I serve Mahathallah at the whims of her daughter. I will kill you as soon as I am free. So you decide. I am not wasting another word on you fools.

***

Aldren (I am assuming) wanted to be in the room alone with the woman - so I will keep the 5 others in with the man.

The woman stares at Aldren's speech with interest but confusion.

1d20 ⇒ 15

What are you talking about? she blurts

Make either a diplomacy or intimidate - depending on how you want to spin it. Figure Sidius, Arcos are within ear shot in the hall if you call them back in...


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

Crossing my fingers
Diplo: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Damn; sure that’s a failure so I’ll try to write accordingly

Aldren looks at the woman for a moment. Goddess...are they really this dumb? ”I’m asking you to teach me about this Mahatmallah. Why does She care about these rebels, and why aren’t you worshiping the big guy in charge instead of... what is she, even? I’ve never heard of her. Can’t be that important.”

Assuming that is a total failure, will transition to spell casting next but will wait for the scene to play out. Also, thanks for the heads up on the maps!


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

Just in case GM is able to update tonight and to ensure nobody is waiting on me (with daycare closed and working from home, my life is a little unpredictable right now)...

==Assuming that is a failure==
Aldren sighs and nods, indifferent to any insults that may be slung his way. It's perfectly obvious he's giving up on the gambit. He stands, backs to a corner, then 'whispers' via the Message spell to the others, <My bluff didn't work. I'll need to try to charm her. Brakisi, can you hex her? Anything else anyone can do?>

As anyone else enters the room, he says to the woman, "Like I said, she's the softy. You're not talking, and she doesn't want to kill you, so I'm going to cast a spell to muddle your memory about us. I'm sure you're going to resist it, so we're going to weaken those resistances first. I'd advise you to not resist it, but that's up to you." He taps his morningstar slightly and winks at her.

Bluff (it's going to be charm person, not a memory mod): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Intimidate (if necessary): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Sigh. Shouldn't have winked, I guess.

After everyone has done whatever they can to weaken her resistance as much as possible, he will cast Charm Person on her. Base Will Save DC 16


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

Lubella checked in with Aldren to see how he was faring. After learning what he had in mind, she casually twirled her scimitar and said to the woman in a quite but menacing way, "I'd hate to have to beat the information out of you."

Intimidate (demoralize), smaller size, Heroism: 1d20 + 5 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 4 + 2 = 17
Maybe? DC is 10+HD+Wis modifier. If successful, target is shaken (-2 to saves).

The effect only lasts for one round, so she will make the attempt just before Aldren casts the spell.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Aldren's attempt to drag a lesson from the woman meets with a cold stare.

She looks a bit more alarmed about the (bluff) of memory modification.

SM: 1d20 ⇒ 18

But not yet intimidated by the attempt. Until Lubella enters, and then with two of you, the woman's spirit seems to weaken somewhat.

No..you...that will not do any good. I will not talk! with a slight tremble in her voice.

She is intimidated. Hex or cast or whatever you want to try (or bot), then I will move us forward tomorrow.

***

The noble just sits there. It is difficult for Talvek and Fhingle to make anything from the swirls and slits on his face. But he definitely seems to be 'staring' at Talvek, as if studying him.


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

Botting Sidius for this, just a simple Evil Eye Hex. Even if she succeeds in resisting it (DC 17), she still has a -2 on all Saves for 1 round, so Aldren will use that, timed with Lubella's demoralize, to quickly cast charm person.

Sidius follows behind Lubella and makes an arcane gesture. You cannot resist. With a quick nod to Aldren, he indicates it's done, at which point the half-elf clasps the triple-dagger holy symbol and prays, "Lady in the Room, make her mind more amenable to your servant's desires."

Charm Person, base DC is 16, hopefully with a cumulative -3 to her save.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The woman looks from Aldren to Sidius, not sure which is worse.

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13 vs hex

She appears to have resisted the hex of Sidius

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7 vs charm

But the casting of the spell on her appears to have been too much, and her eyes glaze over as she smiles warmly at Aldren, but continues to scowl at the all the others.

Who....well hello, dear. Have you come to rescue me from these others? she asks as she holds up her tied hands to Aldren.


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

WOOT! Finally some good luck. Probably razor’s edge there, too.

It took every last bit of self restraint for Aldren to not gloat or smirk. Thank you, My Lady. You’re always too kind to me. An exalted hunger ran through the thoughts. While others sometimes found the enchantments distasteful, he always found a tantalizing thrill in quickly changing someone’s feelings and bending them to his will.

He smiled at the woman, ”I’m certainly going to try, dear. Let’s start with this.” He looks at Sidius/Brakisi and says, ”Please leave us. I want to have a talk with my new friend.” He then looks back to the woman and gestures half-dismissively towards Lubella. ”I can make her go away, too, and free you, but first I need you to answer some questions. See, I know they’ve got some foolish ideas, but they’re my friends, too.” Sometimes, came the unbidden thought. Focus, Aldy. She granted your prayer for a reason.

He was cautious about touching a hand that could be poisoned but, as nothing happened when Lubella tied her up earlier, the half-elf decided to risk the contact. He walked up and cupped the woman’s hands in his while looking in her eyes, hoping to keep her focus on him instead of Lubella.

”Can you tell me why Mahathallah cares about these stupid rebels? It seemed like the shapeshifter hates you, the awful way he talked to you, but he wanted you to help him capture these folks. Why?”


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Is the man wearing a mask? You said slits on his face? If so we should remove it

Fhingle follows from room to room to make sure that the prisoners are healed if needs be, having out a kit with some cloth and oitments on it. "You could just talk to us and tell us what we can to know, it would go easier on you." Fhingle says to the noble.

Diplomacy+enhanced: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 2 = 32


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 41/48 AC:20 T:19 F:16 | Saves F:8 R:14 W:7 (11 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 11 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 60ft | Active: Mage Armor, Cat's Grace, Heroism, Expeditious Retreat

Lubella decided to give the woman some space, but observed her body language carefully as she spoke.

Sense Motive, Heroism: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 2 = 14


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Will post tonight, but the man's face is the slits and swirls. He is not a man, but I think someone (Lubella?) ID'd him as a faceless stalker- or a variant.


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 4/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 46/49 | AC 22 Tch. 14, Ff. 18 | Fort +7, Ref +13, Will +4 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +16; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Talvek remains to guard the 'noble' as the others gather their forces to overwhelm the woman's will. Silently wishing them luck, he watches the creature warily.

Fhingle wrote:
"You could just talk to us and tell us what we can to know, it would go easier on you."

The tiefling shrugs. "I told him as much. He seems to think his employers will protect him. More fool him, we've seen enough underlings thrown to the dogs when they failed to complete their mission. And I would qualify this," he nods his chin towards the tied-up creature, "as quite the failure."

Diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17


Forged Map | Rebels Map

With Fhingle's good roll and Talvek's assist, you got closer, but still a bit away. DC40 (25+10+3+2) is the target to get him to tell you anything more via diplomacy. The module says it is close to impossible without mind control of some sort.

The noble growls at Fhingle and Talvek.

Ok, so you have her charmed and he is thoroughly against you. So what's next. Figure 8pm and curfew in 1 hour


Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria (5) | "Finch" | (Portraits) | Conditions: Aid
Vitals:
HP: 30/30 | AC: 18/t11/fl18; 19/t11/fl19 (w/shield) | Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+9 (+2 vs enchantments; Immune sleep) | Init+0 | Perc+6 (low-light) | CMB+5 CMD 16
Skills:
Acro -4 (-8 to jump), Appr +4, Bluff +11, Diplo +6, Disg +13, Heal +8, Know(Hist/Planes) +4, Know(Nobility/Religion) +5, Ling +6, Perc +6, Prof-Courtesan +11, SenMot +10, Spellcraft +4

Aldren asked her a question above, but I'll quote it here and, for sake of efficiency, go into the other questions as well. Please forgive the brevity; just trying to streamline this so we're not here for a week. Hope that's okay. If you'd like me to be more loquacious about it, I can certainly indulge. [-;

Aldren wrote:
”Can you tell me why Mahathallah cares about these stupid rebels? It seemed like the shapeshifter hates you, the awful way he talked to you, but he wanted you to help him capture these folks. Why?”

"That's very interesting, dear. I had a couple others, then I think I can get you out of here."

After she (hopefully) answers, Aldren continues the questions. He asks the questions one at a time as to not overwhelm her and, if she gets irritated, hopefully get the more important ones (to him, at least) answered first.

"First, we found this key on that 'man'. Can you tell me what it opens?"

"Second, we heard rumors about a couple of brats disappearing. What can you tell me about that?"

"And, probably beneath you, but you seem to know a lot, have you seen a gentlemen, looks like a nob from the Greens with a silver-topped cane, going about? He's giving me no end of trouble and I'd like to find him."

"Finally, I heard some delicious rumors about some slashings in the neighborhood. A sweet thing like you wouldn't know anything about that, hmm?"

Rolls if Needed:
GM, if you need them, here are some d20s and most likely needed modifiers, just in case you need them.

1d20 ⇒ 7
1d20 ⇒ 15
1d20 ⇒ 10
1d20 ⇒ 4

Charisma: +2
Bluff: +11
Diplo: +6
Sense Motive: +10


Vigilante 4/Rogue (Unchained) 1 | HP 35 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +9 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +8 |

Arcos stays on watch. His companions had this well under control.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Forged Map | Rebels Map

The woman nods knowingly to Aldren.

Hold on...hold on. I cannot answer all of these at once you know, love.

He looks into his eyes with her own mismatched eyes, ignoring the others in the room for now.

Mahathallah cares about all and for all. You really should convert. She is way better than the Savored Sting you know.

She waits a moment to see if Aldren expresses an interest.

Ok, where do I start? The key, I think that belongs to the Lucky Bones main door. They did not give us one like that. Just Maglap. And he asked Chloe and me to help him with your friends. Said they mugged him earlier in the day. Left him for dead. He was only doing the will of Mahathallah. Brats?
You mean like kids? Oh, Mahathallah is all about harvesting those ripe for conversion. As far as the gentleman, that description does not match any I have seen recently, but I mainly work at night and keep off the main streets. And speaking slashings, I would avoid dear. Not good for your health. Promise me pretty please you will stay clear! Whoever it is sounds dangerous.

3,251 to 3,300 of 3,682 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Barzillai Thrune's Hell's Rebels All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.