SMG's Kingmaker PbP

Game Master SMG Tabletop

A game made of rookie mistakes.


751 to 800 of 1,007 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Female Half-Orc Level 2 Paladin

Although she could clearly see the evidence, Oomlowt's words still sent a shiver of dread through Gird. I barely knew them...
"Uh...did my wand help at all?"Since I obviously didn't...


Male Kobold Rogue Level 2

Oomlowt tried to smile as he nodded. "Woden wielded it quite effectively. It took out some mites and wounded the foul arachnid their leader rode. Garhan summoned a mighty hound and charged into the fray right behind him, keeping me safe. You were all so heroic... the odds were just against us."


Mikmek is absolutely terrified of Gird, and shuts up as soon as she starts yelling.
He then promptly slinks away behind Oomlowt, clutching the statue to his chest protectively.


Female Half-Orc Level 2 Paladin

"Well if that's the case, how the hell are we still alive? Seems if we were losing that badly..." Gird glares at Oomlowt. "Just seems a bit unlikely." Of course, if they were in cahoots, why save me? I don't think he thinks I'm that stupid.


Male Kobold Rogue Level 2

Oomlowt bit his lips. Gird really wasn't likely to believe that he killed two giant bugs and the mite king. "I got a lucky shot on the mites' leader," Oomlowt said, "And the two giant bugs died of their wounds." That was technically true. "And I sort of used that to scare the mites into letting us go."


Female Half-Orc Level 2 Paladin

This sounds true enough, and hey, she's alive, so Gird probably shouldn't be doubting the stinking kobold as much as she is. After all, I am still alive. Which is more than the others can say... "Well, I would say that's incredibly lucky, but looking at our casualties... Gird stares at her friend's bodies some more. Why not?
"So, what are you two yipping about anyway? And is it possible that I can get untied from next to the f*cking dead people?"


Male Kobold Rogue Level 2

"Do you feel strong enough to walk?" Oomlowt asked. "I mean, that bite looked nasty, and I'm not exactly a healer."


Female Half-Orc Level 2 Paladin

"Yeah, probably not, but I think I could be untied, maybe? I think that I could hold on...where are we headed anyway? And how much longer?" So what if she's being a whiny sh*t? She almost died, for Erastil's sake!


Male Kobold Rogue Level 2

"Well, to answer two questions at once," Oomlowt said as he untied Gird from the arthropod, "We're headed for Mikmek's tribe. We promised to bring them the statue, after all, and we do have it now. They're the closest civilization we know, and since we have this, they're in our debt, so hopefully they can help us get back on our feet." The kobold looked at the dutiful centipede as they went along. "You know, I'm growing rather fond of this creature. He's being rather helpful."

Oomlowt turned to Mikmek and asked, "How much longer till we get to your tribe, Mikmek?"


Mikmek jumps, he had been busying himself with looking at the ground like a champ.
"Oh, um, take my warriors, uh, ... half night of travel to get to tree?" He doesn't sound particularly sure of himself. His Taldane is not refined at all.
He then blinks a couple of time before whispering to Oomlowt in Draconic, "Is it just me or objects getting more distinct... the night is falling, yes?" He begins to look around a bit more before tentatively continuing in Taldane, "If wait awhile, I can lead to home?"
In case it wasn't obvious, Mikmek is basing his travel time on moving straight through the hex as opposed to thoroughly exploring it, so travel time might be different depending on what you guys want to do.
And I can talk to you about that Centipede later.


Male Kobold Rogue Level 2

Oomlowt's going to tame the hell out of that centipede. He's got the beast bond.

"Yes, neither of us is all that good in the sunlight," Oomlowt said to Gird. "It's our beady nocturnal eyes, you see. Maybe we should take a moment to rest before starting up again after nightfall."


Female Half-Orc Level 2 Paladin

"I can dig it. I guess I'll just...lay here then..." Gird closes her eyes, and says a quick prayer to Erastil for safety and all the other important stuff.


Female Half-Orc Level 2 Paladin

After being untied from the really, really kinda freaky centipede, Gird gently stretched, trying not to pull anything. Unfortunately, she failed, and gasped as her wound opened. "Aw sh*t, Omelet, I don't think...I..." Gird paused, eyes going glassy and mouth opening as she stared up at the sky. After a few seconds, her brow furrowed, and she muttered something along of the lines of 'f*ck you too then'.

After about a minute of slack-jawed silence, Gird straightened up. Throwing her fist dramatically up to the sky, Gird shouted at the top of her lungs, "You son of a b*tch! You godsdamned motherf*cking son of a motherf*cking b*tch!" She bellowed once, mightily, then drew back her armor, roughly shoving her left hand on her own shoulder. "You f*cking *sshole, I swear on all that is sharp and pointy..." Looking down, Gird sees that her hands are glowing. She snorts, unimpressed. Once her hands stops, she lifts it up and places it down again, allowing the glowing to resume.

After healing herself a third time, Gird drops her hand down and glares up at the sky. "Well? What about my friends?" Apparently not feeling her god's presence anymore, Gird snarls again and lowers to gaze to the ground. "Oh, just gonna stop with the revelations, huh, *sswipe? Fine, screw you too." Raising her head, Gird notices the two kobolds looking at her. "What the f*ck are you looking at?"

Laying those hands roll:
1: 1d6 ⇒ 2
2: 1d6 ⇒ 3
3: 1d6 ⇒ 4

CHP: 6/11

Also, although it probably doesn't matter, but in that divine revelation Gird did pray for Huey, Garhan and Woden to be restored. I'm guessing Erastil doesn't care that much, just thought I should put in there...


All of you decide to stop and wait for nightfall proper, which everyone a chance to rest after the horrifying events of the mites' lair.
When the shadows have deepened and Darkvision becomes necessary, Mikmek leaps up from his position of watch, and announces, "We go to home." in Taldane before looking around for some landmarks to follow back to his home.

Mikmek Survival Check: 1d20 - 1 + 5 ⇒ (18) - 1 + 5 = 22

And it takes him twenty or so minutes of searching before he finds what he's looking for and begins the trek to south. The centipede diligently follows with the bodies lashed to its back. The mites were good to it. It would do whatever the mites asked it to. They asked it to help nasties. It will help nasties.
Meanwhile, Gird limps along nearby looking a bit like she's going to be sick. Oomlowt moves along nearby, and Mikmek is taking the lead bringing the strange party through the hills, until about midnight he stops and you can see:
"An outcropping of large boulders emerges from the weathered face of a nearby hillock. A narrow opening in the rock leads into darkness below. A fallen sign leans against the side of the cave entrance, and a cage made of branches and sticks sits on the other side."
Inside the stick cage is a single sobbing mite, his eyes bruised from what must be exposure to harsh sunlight and his warty skin streaked with dirt and filth.
As Mikmek gets closer, another Kobold with similarly dark scales peeks his head from behind one of the boulders, chirping in Draconic. "Mikemek! You're back! What happened to the rest of your part?" He then looks at Oomlowt, Gird, and Cadaverpede and continues, "And what is with the firescale, the brute, and the bug?"
Mikmek puffs out his chest and answers, "This is Oomlowt and his brave party of heroes! They helped me retrieve the statue for us!" He thrusts the ivory statue of Old Sharptooth forward.
What do you do?

Updated Greenbelt Map
Sootscale Caverns Map


Male Kobold Rogue Level 2

Oomlowt fired his crossbow at the mite.

Attack the Caged Mite!
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

"Hello chap!" Oomlowt said to the new kobold with a casual air that was completely contradictory to his sudden act of violence against the mite. "We'd like to bring this statue to your chief - and get a bit of food and healing if you can mange it."


Female Half-Orc Level 2 Paladin

Gird says nothing. She's still bitter about her friends and her god and her not being able to enjoy mortal vices anymore. It seems unlikely that anything is going to cheer her up; not even kobolds and their tiny yipping voices.

CHP: 6/11


The mite yelps as the bolt sinks into its forehead. Then is keels over in its cage, blood oozing from its wound lazily. Nakpik is startled by the sudden attack before looking confused and saying, "Take it to the chief... but we should take it to Tart-" But Mikmek cuts him off moving forward and slinging his frail, Kobold arm around his tribemate's shoulder and whispering, "No no no, we take it to the Chief, and we may get rid of nasty Tartuk and his creepy bird, too. Oomlowt there is going to help us do this. He already sacrificed the majority of his heroes to save Old Sharptooth, I think we have a chance against Old Purpleface with him by our side. He is a real Kobold's Kobold."
He looks back and smiles before continuing, "So, let's bring this to the Chief, yes?"


Male Kobold Rogue Level 2

"Lead the way!" Oomlowt said with a confident grin.


Female Half-Orc Level 2 Paladin

Gird wonders vaguely what's going on, but she's tired and wounded and doesn't actually care. She supposes she'll just follow Oomlowt around some more. Seems to be working so far.


GMNPC Gird time is go

Nakpik and Mikmek both begin to move into the darkness of the cave, arms over each others shoulders before abruptly stopping. Nakpik turns and ask you, "Oomlowt, what are we going to do about your, uh, bugsnake over there? We can't really bring it into home, not with all the bodies."
They both look uneasily at Cadaverpede which has skittered over to the mite's cage and seems to be chittering over it sadly.
Gird is leaning on a rock, waiting for this strange, new chapter in her life to be over already.


Male Kobold Rogue Level 2

"Let's just tie him to a tree or something," Oomlowt said as they watched the centipede. "Maybe give him that mite to eat as a tasty little snack."


Giant post incoming, hold onto your butts.

Nakpik nods, and rushes behind one of the rocks again, and pulls out a stick and some crude rope, almost certainly intended to repair the cage, then using his meager Kobold strength, he forces the cage open. Cadaverpede as it rushes to mite's corpse and begins to wrap itself around the disgusting, dead creature. While the centipede is distracted, Nakpik carefully loops some of the rope around its body and tethers it to the ground not far from the cage using the stick. He looks at it warily before saying in Draconic, ”That should hold it until we get back.” He doesn't look entirely sure of that statement, but you don't feel like pushing it.

Nakpik then scuttles forward and slings his arm around around Mikmek's shoulder and begins to whisper conspiratorially as they walk into the gloom. It's difficult to hear their exact words, but Nakpik seems to be asking for exact details on Mikmek's capture by the mites and rescue at the hands of Oomlowt. You both follow, and as your eyes adjust to darkness of the cave, you notice Nakpik and Mikmek both have started hugging one side of the wall. Mikmek is in the rear, and turns around saying in Taldane, ”Beware pit traps, do what I do.” He then hugs the wall even tighter for another fifteen feet or so before joining Nakpik on the other side. He then turns and nods his head to you in encouragement.

After you move past the pits, the kobolds continue to lead you, Mikmek still recounting the heroics of his comrades Tabe, Soem, and Amkin. Apparently they fought bravely, but were unable to make much of a dent in the mites' numbers.

The walls of the tunnel you are in begin to close in, and Nakpik and Mikmek go back into single file to fit through a particularly small space. You follow, but Gird, you are forced to squeeze through the gap, and your scale mail makes an uncomfortable scraping sound as you move past the rock. You don't notice it now, as Darkvision turns the world into shades of grey, but later you find a fleck or two of shiny rock on your armor. It probably isn't that important.

The tunnel widens again, and Mikmek is currently retelling Oomlowt's heroics, with a decidedly Kobold spin, but goes quiet as he and Nakpik turn left into another room:

The walls of this cave have been smeared with what appears to be charcoal and blood to depict multiple representations in red and black of a looming, sharp-toothed reptilian devil. Two low stone tables sit in the middle of the room, one of which is stained with blood.

It is obvious Mikmek does not like it here, and Nakpik is trembling something terrible. They both rush past, and into the next room. You follow, but not before noticing another kobold Kobold2 on the map seemingly materialize from one of the walls in the temple, its head tilted to one side in curiosity, but javelin still aimed at your backs. You move into the next room:

The air in this large cave feels warm and close, thick with a reptilian stink mixed with smoke and burnt meat. Numerous beds of furs lie scattered throughout the room amid smoldering cookfires, while to the south, a ten-foot-wide alcove contains a large mound of furs framed by dozens of sticks on which are mounted the skulls of many birds and small animals, all smeared with ash.

Six kobolds make a worried ring around the room, while a very worried, and yet still intimidating for a Kobold male sits atop the mound of furs, his club ready to strike at intruders. He's a real beauty, ain't he?

Sootscale is obviously taken aback, a motley collection of Nakpik, a living Mikmek, a strangely dressed Kobold with bright scales he can't see the colors, and a slouching and very angry-looking half-orc had stumbled into the common room, and while the scraping had made him ready for intruders, he did not expect this.

”Mikmek... you're-you're alive?” His voice is surprisingly deep for a kobold. He is astounded, momentarily lowering his weapon. He quickly raises it again and inquires in Draconic, ”And who is this other kobold and why is he accompanied by a tall folk?”[b]

Mikmek quickly answers, trying to quiet down Sootscale, [b]”This is Oomlowt and his pet Half-Orc, he saved me and rescued the statue-”

Sootscale cuts him off, ”He has the statue?” He turns to face Oomlowt and then commands, still in Draconic, ”Give me the statue.” His eyes are shining with excitement.

But before you can reply, Mikmek cuts in, ”Actually, he let me hold onto it,” he takes the statue and hands it to Sootscale, who hastily grabs it and then stares at it with a fierce look of concentration, as if he was making a particularly difficult decision. Mikmek looks like he's about to say something when Sootscale shrieks with triumph and lifts the statue high over his head before smashing it on the ground at his feet, the ivory depiction of Old Sharptooth fragmenting terribly.

Sootscale then starts emitting a giddy laugh and looks at Oomlowt, a frantic smile on his snout, ”Thank you for freeing us from this curse, now, please, come join us in killing the usurper.” He looks around at the gathered kobolds, all of them gathering up their weapons before thrusting his club in the air and shouting again, ”Kill the usurper!”
What do you do?

Updated Map
Whoops, looks like Cadaverpede wandered on its tether, or at least, that's my story.


Male Kobold Rogue Level 2

Oomlowt shrugged and raised his crossbow. "Hooray for murder!" he screamed while joining in with the frenzied mob.

CHP: 16/16


Female Half-Orc Level 2 Paladin

Everyone is still yipping about in draconic; it's actually pissing Gird off. While previously she might have joined in on the excitement, realizing that should could no longer drink with or f*ck (not that she wanted too, she'd probably crush the stupid lizards) any of the kobolds, Gird found their enthusiasm grating. Also, they were raising their weapons; not really a sign of a good party. Still, their anger didn't appear to be directed at her, so for the moment Gird wasn't going to do anything.
Gird examined her armor in the dim light of the cookfires, making sure that the rock hadn't damaged it. She noticed the shiny flakes and promptly dismisses them as they have no relevance. After making sure that her armor is still fine, Gird sullenly settles onto the floor, glaring at everyone with a defiant expression.

See, now I'm freaking out about the rock...damn you Gird, and your perfectly rational dismissal of seemingly unimportant information. I also feel bad for her; I'd be put out as well if I knew as little as she did.

CHP: 6/12


Male Kobold Rogue Level 2

Oomlowt turned his head and noticed Gird sitting sullenly in the corner. "We're going to kill a rogue kobold," he told her in common. "You can join if you wish, or rest."


Female Half-Orc Level 2 Paladin

Gird glares daggers at Oomlowt. "I'm not stupid, you know. Looking at how excited these idiots are, I'm guessing it's more than just a rogue kobold, so it's probably some kind of f*cking kobold civil war. And, if by some great cosmic mistake, Omelet the monster slayer happens to be defeated, I'm doubtful that the victors will believe me when I say 'oh, who me? Nah, I barely knew the guy!'" Standing up, Gird crowds in on Oomlowt's personal space. "When this is over, you and I are going to have a chat about keeping me in the f*cking know. I don't like being led around by the nose." Stepping away from her teammate, Gird shoves her armor to the side and heals herself. "Now, as we're going...wherever we're going, I'd like you to fully explain the situation."

Gird's getting fed up with not understanding what's going on. Especially since she's begun to realize that maybe if the group hadn't been too hasty to accept that quest, Garhan, Woden, and Huey would still be alive. Also, she hasn't eaten and is really crabby.

Healing check:
1d6 ⇒ 6

CHP 12/12


Male Kobold Rogue Level 2

Oomlowt's ears drooped as he shrank back. He quickly began speaking in a pleading, whining voice that picked up speed with every word he uttered: "The kobold shaman Tartuk has been forcing this tribe into conflict by threatening them with a curse and everyone's really scared of him but they think we're strong enough to kill him so now they want to lynch him and I figured sure why not I'msorryIdidn'ttellyoumoreyoujustseemedlikeyouneededspacepleasedon'thurtmeI 'msosorry!"

CHP: 16/16


Female Half-Orc Level 2 Paladin

Gird grins. It is not a nice smile. Turning she sees the other kobolds staring at her and Oomlowt. "Yeah, okay, it's okay, I'm not going to hurt you. Sorry, I just..." The kobolds are still staring at her and Oomlowt. "What's their damage?" She says, gesturing at the kobolds. "Weirdos act like they've never seen a f*cking paladin before." She looks back at Oomlowt, who looks really freaked out. Feeling guilty, Gird sighs. "Sh*t, okay, I suck, sorry. I guess I did need space. And I'm happy to help the yokels kill their crazy shaman priest dude. Would you mind doing the both of us a favor and asking what the hell they mean by curse?"


Male Kobold Rogue Level 2

Oomlowt turned to the other kobolds and, in a brave attempt to save face, said in draconic, "Before we kill this Tartuk fellow, I'd like to know exactly what kind of curse he casts."


Most of the other Kobolds are already rushing out of the common room, but Sootscale hears you, and yells over his shoulder, this time in Taldane, "Tartuk didn't cast curse, it was Old Sharptooth's anger, but we're now! The thrusts his club in the air again before continuing to run.
Mikmek stays behind, though, he's grown rather attached to Oomlowt, "We would only turn yellow and die, anyway."
Then he too starts to move down the tunnel, but rather slower, waiting for Oomlowt and Gird to catch up.

Updated Map


Male Kobold Rogue Level 2

That seemed like a strange curse for a god to give. "Why yellow?" Oomlowt asked himself, only to quickly remember kobolds' prejudice against members who had scales outside the colors of chromatic dragons. With a sigh, he lifted his crossbow up and took off after Mikmek, giving Gird a small glance as he went along.

CHP: 16/16


Female Half-Orc Level 2 Paladin

Seeing Oomlowt not flinch or act in any other sort of cowardly-kobold way, Gird sighed and followed the rest of the lizard-people. "So much for keeping me in the know..." she grumbled.

CHP:12/17


As you rush forward, the kobolds let you pass; you look far better equipped for murder than they are, after all. You move through more of the cavern, and as you go, Mikmek starts to lag behind, until he is simply cowering in a puddle of water, urging you to go on without him.
The tunnel turns, and then opens up into a new, faintly lit room:

"The walls of this cavern are decorated by a rickety wooden frame formed from clean-cut branches lashed together with gut and twine. Banners cut from two-foot-wide strips of old blankets and horsehides hang from floor to ceiling, covering much of the walls. The sloppily painted banners bear dozens of primitive icons and mystic symbols. A large cauldron filled with bubbling red liquid boils in the center of the room."

Stooped over the cauldron is Tartuk himself, his raven jittering on his shoulder as he stares at Sootscale, who is standing in the center of the room, seething.
"Now, Sootscale what do you think you're doing? You know that staging a coup will anger Old Sharptooth. And then what will happen? Then you will waste away under the curse." A smug smile briefly flickers across his snout, but it vanishes as his eyes dart behind Sootscale and directly at both of you. Then his face becomes a thoughtful mask.

Sootscale grins, and unballs a fist, letting a few remnants of the statue fall to ground, "Old Sharptooth no longer holds power here." He gestures to the two kobolds to either side of him, "Outlien, Nakpik, kill the usurper."

Combat! Roll for initiative! Then let me know what you do in the first Round as usual.

Updated Map


Male Kobold Rogue Level 2

Roll Initiative!
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Oomlowt's darkvision obscures the true color of Tartuk's scales, though the kobold is able to make out that they are brighter than the other sootscales. Curious - was this kobold not native to the tribe? Regardless, he raised his crossbow and fired.

Flanking Sneak Attack Tartuk!
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 161d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 2 + (4) = 11

CHP: 16/16

Crossbow Count: 35 Bolts Left


Female Half-Orc Level 2 Paladin

Although she has no clue what is being said, something about this...Tartook(?) fellow's calm reaction does not sit right with Gird. Hanging back, she draws her bow and fires, making sure to watch the kobold's hand motions carefully.

Gird initiative roll:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Longbow roll:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Damage roll:
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Arrows used: 1


ROUND 1

Secret Rolls:

Kobolds' Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Outlien Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Outlien Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Nakpik & Mikmek Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Nakpik Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Nakpik Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Chief Sootscale Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Chief Sootscale Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Chief Sootscale Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Tartuk Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Tartuk Concentration: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Sootscale Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Cause Fear Rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Kobolds Tiebreaker: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Nakpik & Mikmek Tiebreaker: 1d20 ⇒ 18

27 Chief Sootscale: Chief Sootscale roars in some odd mixture of rage and delight, and swings his club across the top of the cauldron, sending it sailing across Tartuk's snout. Blood begins well up from one of the shaman's nostrils, and a shadow of cruel glee passes over his face.

25 Tartuk: Tartuk brings up his hands from behind the cauldron, and begins to make a series of complex motions, as a string of arcane words bubbles up and out of his mouth. His eyes roll back, before glowing with a ghostly light, and his face takes on a skull-like quality as he gestures towards Sootscale, a spectral, winged Kobold bursting from Tartuk's hands and into Sootscale's smiling face, which begins to twist into a look of complete terror.

23 Oomlowt: You fire your crossbow, but unfortunately, your bolt bounces ineffectually off the cauldron's lip. The shade of Tartuk's scales is bugging you, though, You can't quite tell in the hallway, but it looks like they are much lighter than the rest of the Sootscales'. What is up with this shaman?

15 Gird: You pull out your longbow, but the caves, closer quarters, though nowhere near as bad as the Mite Warren's, make it hard to fire, and you fumble your shot into one of the horse hides.
Well, isn't that just your luck.

14 Nakpik & Mikmek: Nakpik pulls out one of his small spears, and leveling it at Tartuk, jabs it into the shaman's side, causing the strangely-colored Kobold to scream, and direct his gaze in Nakpik's direction.

14 Kobolds: Most of the Kobolds are milling about in the tunnel behind you, but Outlien tries his best to mimic Nakpik's success. Unfortunately, Tartuk twists his body to face Nakpik at the wrong moment, and Outlien misses the shot. Instead, the raven turns its head and begins to screech in Draconic, "Heathens!" over, and over again.

Updated Map


Male Kobold Rogue Level 2

Oomlowt peers closely at Tartuk, trying to figure out what color his scales are.

Perception check!
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Then he shot at Tartuk again, because murder is fun!

Flanking Sneak Attack Tartuk!
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + (1) = 6

CHP: 16/16

Crossbow Count: 34 Bolts Left


Female Half-Orc Level 2 Paladin

Amazingly enough, Gird isn't in the killing mood. Or at least that's what she's telling herself as she readies another shot.
As she is readying her shot, she looks at the raven. Didn't Goat Boy's goat have something to do with his magic? "Hey Omelet, didn't Goat Boy's goat do something?"

Longbow roll:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Damage roll:
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

CHP :12/17

Arrows used: 2


ROUND

Secret Rolls:

Outlien Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Outlien Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Nakpik Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Nakpik Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Magic Missile 1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Magic Missile 2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

27 Chief Sootscale: Sootscale started trembling earlier, but now he can't control it anymore, and lets out a choked cry of terror before turning around and pushing past Oomlowt and Gird, running through his subjects, letting out terrified wails of, "Old Sharptooth is angry!" and "I was wrong, so very wrong he is coming for me!"

25 Tartuk: tartuk reaches for his belt, and pulls out a thin rod, with a blue tip. It somewhat resembles a maraca, although you have no idea what a maraca is. He then brings it up, and then down, producing a sound somewhat like falling water. The end of the rod explodes with a bright, white light which sends two bullets of energy spiraling from it and straight through Nakpik. who coughs up a bit of blood and crumples over, laying still. Tartuk smiles in a smug, self-satisfied way.

23 Oomlowt: With the explosion of light, you get a nice, clear look at Tartuk's scale color, and they're... purple? A Kobold with purple scales? How does that happen? Kobolds shouldn't have purple scales. Ever.
Maybe if he's dead you'll find out why he has purple scales, and you send a crossbow bolt flying into his shoulder. Which causes him to grunt with pain and look directly at you, he does not look happy at all.

15 Gird: The bird continues to screech, and you wonder if it could be important to the shaman. You then ask Oomlowt if Garhan's goat did anything, because you were pretty sure it did. You also briefly wonder what happened to it while you traveled here, it just sort of seemed to vanish.
You let loose another arrow while you're wondering this, and you anticipate it exploding through the shaman's head, but it merely bounces off an invisible wall. directly in front of the kobold, who give a slight smirk.

14 Nakpik & Mikmek: Mikmek is even more afraid now that Sootscale has run past him, and Nakpik is dead.

14 Kobolds: Outlien swipes at Tartuk again, but he still cannot manage to hit the Shaman, who begins to lower the wand in his direction...

Updated Map


Male Kobold Rogue Level 2

"Calanthe was Garhan's familiar," Oomlowt said to Gird, "Perhaps this shaman is actually a witch!"

He aimed his crossbow at Tartuk again. "I do not know what led you to this life of treachery," Oomlowt told Tartuk, "But I understand the pain that comes with having scales outside the five blessed colors. I can relate to your plight in that regard - but you're handling this wrong."

And then he let the arrow fly, presuming Tartuk didn't murder him.

Will Save I Suppose
1d20 ⇒ 1

Attack Tartuk!
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

CHP: 16/16

Crossbow Count: 33 Bolts Left


Female Half-Orc Level 2 Paladin

Gird is highly uneased by the purple kobold's magic, Gird looks form the raven to the kobold then back to the raven. [i]Maybe?[/b] Gird takes aim again, this time aiming for the raven flying about Tartuk's shoulders. Hey Omelet, I you might wanna get behind me. Things might be getting hot in the near future!"

Longbow:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage:
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

CHP: 12/17
Arrows used: 3


ROUND 3

Secret Rolls:

Outlien Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Outlien Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Chief Sootscale Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Chief Sootscale Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Tartuk Concentration: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Magic Missile 1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Magic Missile 2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Cause Fear Rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 1

27 Chief Sootscale: Sootscale just keeps on running and screaming. It's gonna be particularly embarrassing to him later, in a deep, personal way.

25 Tartuk: Tartuk sneers, and starts a repeat performance of the spell he cast on Sootscale, only this time, he holds a wand in his left hand, which seems to slightly hamper his motions. Not enough, unfortunately, and as her directs the spell towards, Oomlowt, the Wand also activates, sending a bolt towards you and Outlien.

23 Oomlowt: At the spectral demon (lord?) advances and passes into you, your mind is filled with visions of an angry tribe, your friends and family furious with you for breaking taboo, you had started to try and have a Saturday morning special moment with Tartuk, but as you form the words "scales outside," you can't help but give a started cry of anguish. Outlien has turned towards you. He is one of your old tribemates. The walls have changed. They're swarming with ticks. Tartuk is the old priest, smiling cruelly and saying, "You you have no idea what my scales are like." You turn and run, clinging your crossbow to your chest. You stumble in front of Gird how has turned into a giant, green kobold, staring disapprovingly down at you. You almost plea for her help, but ehr face twists into that of a mite, it's eyes suddenly opening wide, with black ichor exploding from one of its eyes as an invisible knife sinks into it.
You push past her, not sure what she says to you as you scramble past your old tribemates, all of them gazing hardly at you. Up ahead in the gloom you can see another Kobold running away. It looks like you.

15 Gird: What happened to Oomlowt? He just completely lost it. That shaman's magic is making you really uneasy now. You fire another arrow, aiming for the bird this time, hoping to take the shaman out of commission. The projectile sinks into the bird's breast, causing it to falter in the air before regaining control, then both it and Tartuk turn towards you and laugh. The shaman then stares you straight in the face and speaks in an accented Taldane no Kobold could produce, "Are you sure you want to do that, orc?" He laughs again.

14 Nakpik & Mikmek: Mikmek is really super terrified now, because Oomlowt has now rushed past his having some sort of mental breakdown.

14 Kobolds: Outlien is terrible with his spear, and probably also generally terrified. And now a magic sphere of light has just exploded in his gut, and it really hurts. It is really very disorienting.
The other Kobolds mill about behind Gird uncertainly. Was this such a good idea, after all?

Updated Map


Male Kobold Rogue Level 2

Oomlowt whined and gasped, horrified at seeing his worst nightmare come true... and then it faded. He clutched his face and stared wide eyed into the tunnel, seeing the great chief Sootscale still in the thrall of the same spell.

"It... it's not real," Oomlowt realized. "Just a spell... that EGGSUCKER!"

Oomlowt ran back to the chamber, crossbow at the ready. "I don't care if we're both strange colored freaks!" Oomlowt snarled. "I'm going to kill you!"

CHP: 16/16

Crossbow Count: 33 Bolts Left


Female Half-Orc Level 2 Paladin

Gird stares at the kobold, considering. Hell, would diplomacy kill me? "Actually, I'm pretty sure I don't. Are you sure you want to do that?" Gird puts her bow away and draws her wand, retreating while waving it. "I'm fine with leaving you to rule over these guys until the end of time. In fact, it seems best for everyone, I'll leave you to it. I hope that you continue to rule them with an iron claw, and all that jazz. Good luck!" Gird continues to back away, keeping her eye on the kobold as the flames pour from her wand.

Bluff check:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

CHP: 12/17
Arrows used: 3


ROUND 4

Secret Rolls:

Outlien Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Outlien Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Tartuk Concentration: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Magic Missile 1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Magic Missile 2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Tartuk sense Motive Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Acid Splash Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Acid Splash Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

27 Chief Sootscale: Sootscale continues to rush through the tunnels trying to get as far away from Tartuk and Old Sharptooth as possible. He makes it to the pit traps near the entrance before the cloud of fear in his mind has cleared. "That tricky shaman usurper, I won't fall for your sneaky tricks again!" he shouts to no one in particular before turning around to start the run back to his revenge.

25 Tartuk: Tartuk smiles and brings his hands up and moves them about as if he had a marionette on a set of strings attached to his fingers. His eyes glow a sick, green color as a chlorine-colored mist spills out of his fingers and into a small ball dangling from his bent hand. Then he suddenly flips his hand over so his palm is facing up, and chucks the sick-colored orb at Gird, which explodes on her face, sizzling into her skin and dealing 3 points of damage! He shakes his wand right after, and two more missiles burst forth, the first one hitting Gird in the chest, leaving a feeling of uncomfortable pain and dealing 5 points of damage! The second one turns towards Outlien, almost as if it was an afterthought, striking him in the face, and sending him tumbling backwards.
Tartuk is very, very happy.

23 Oomlowt: It was all a trick. How dare he make you relive that, and with such horrible embellishments! You're gonna kill that purple freak! You're going to kill him deader than dead.

15 Gird: Ow, that hurt. A lot. This isn't going too well. Why not try to reason with it and save your own skin? Not very Paladin-like of you, but these are all Kobolds, you're pretty sure all of them are evil anyway. So you you play for time, trying to bluff out Tartuk as you take a five-foot step back, and unleash your wand's burning fury at the shaman. You're ready to be done with these scaly runts.

14 Nakpik & Mikmek: Mikmek is not being particularly helpful this combat, is he. If Kobolds could cry, he would probably be bawling in fear.

14 Kobolds: The Kobolds are whispering and looking at Gird. They don't look super stoked. Especially not the one that was closest to the fire.

Updated Map


Female Half-Orc Level 2 Paladin

Gird continues to back away, using her wand. She'll just, you know, not die.

CHP: 4/17
Arrows used: 3


Male Kobold Rogue Level 2

Either out of bravery or sheer indignation, Oomlowt stepped close enough to see Tartuk and fired an arrow, despite technically being in the line of fire.

Attack Tartuk!
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

CHP: 11/16

Crossbow Count: 32 Bolts Left


ROUND

Secret Rolls:

Tartuk Bluff Check: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Kobolds Sense Motive Check: 1d20 ⇒ 15

27 Chief Sootscale: Sootscale is charging back. He doesn't want Tartuk to win at any cost, after all.

25 Tartuk: Tartuk raises his rattle for a fourth time, but before doing anything, a terrible, sneaky smile creeps across his face. He lowers his wand, and shouts:
"Sootscales, you hear that Half-Orc? She's trying to sell you to me. Would a hero do that? What would you expect from tall folk? Kill her. Kill her to show you are true kobolds, worthy of the blessings of Old Sharptooth!"
He snickers, so softly it is barely audible. His smirk, however, is more than loud enough.

23 Oomlowt: You leap into the hall, not caring about Gird's fire. The shaman is trying to turn the Kobold's against you, and you won't have any of it! You send another crossbow bolt sailing in the strangely-scaled Kobold's direction, but it is unfortunately too high.

15 Gird: You continue to back away, and not caring that Oomlowt is in the way, use your wand again.
Except nothing happens.
This won't be going so well.

14 Nakpik & Mikmek: Mikmek is a blubbering mess, don't pay any attention to him.

14 Kobolds: The Kobolds all have odd looks on their faces, before they start to turn towards Gird, readying their weapons.

Haha, what a lazy effort on this round. I'm such a champ.

Updated Map


Male Kobold Rogue Level 2

"Gird! Get out of here!" Oomlowt shouted, unaware that his partner was planning on doing just that anyway. "This is a kobold fight! I won't have you dying for our sake!"

He then fired at Tartuk again, because at this point he had little else to lose.

Attack Tartuk!
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

CHP: 11/16
Arrows: 31 bolts left


Female Half-Orc Level 2 Paladin

"Man, what the f*ck?! You idiots can't even speak common! Weren't you all trying to kill him a second ago? F*cking kobolds!" Gird snarls, realizing that's most likely not making it out alive. Shoving her wand back in her belt, she reaches for sword, drawing it, before turning suddenly and bolting. As she turns, she can see Oomlowt firing his crossbow. She makes a quick prayer to Erastil as she runs. Please, not him too. Everyone else is dead...

Gird sprints as far away as she can. Somehow, she's not really expecting to make it...

CHP: 4/17
Arrows used: 3

751 to 800 of 1,007 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SMG's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.