SHATTERED STAR CAMPAIGN - GAMEPLAY

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the shattered star campaign.

Treasure List

Magnimar's monuments

Specific treasure details

Quests

images

Maps


2,701 to 2,750 of 2,878 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>

F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

Calvon, perhaps you could help us craft a few useful scrolls or wands? I believe I can work with you crafting to open up any cleric spells lvl 0-3


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster seeks opportunities to gain coin or rumours on board. Or even just to keep himself amused.


Oster you manage to make about 10gp in coin. You also hear that although the majority of the journey is pretty safe, the first 8 day leg of the trip takes the boat through the Mushfens a massive swamp populated by a boggard tribe called the Sorebacks.


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 7/8 2nd: 2/7 3rd: 3/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 7 (HP 30/30 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 5 | Init +7 | Percept 12)

Tatsuo spends much of the journey meditating, drawing, and practicing the art of making tattoos. Every once in a while he can be seen talking to small, black, dragon-looking creature.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12
Memnosyne wrote:
Calvon, perhaps you could help us craft a few useful scrolls or wands? I believe I can work with you crafting to open up any cleric spells lvl 0-3

I'm not sure how long the trip back from the Lady's Light was but I'm guessing at least a day or two. I need to read the tome for 8 hours a day in order to gain its benefits so I have, probably 4 days of reading left. Leaving me 10 days to craft wands and scrolls!!

Which divine spells were you thinking would be good to turn into scrolls and wands?

Does anyone have any suggestions for good arcane spells to craft into wands or scribe into scrolls?


That's fine - Calvin you can have the time to do your studying, etc.

After about your 8th day of travel the boat enters the area of the Marshfens and slows down slightly. At night the captain calls the boat to a halt and orders his sailors to be on their guard.

What do you want to do?


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 7/8 2nd: 2/7 3rd: 3/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 7 (HP 30/30 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 5 | Init +7 | Percept 12)

As the boat comes to a halt, Tatsuo moves to speak softly with the captain. "Why have we stopped? Are you expecting trouble?"


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster breaks off from his chatting to get near the captain.

"What's the word?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

Figuring that he wouldn't be much help until something happens, Calvon stays in his bunk, working on his crafting.


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

@Calvon: buff spells like bless, prot. from evil, air bubble (might be a useful scroll if we run across more watery environs), comprehend languages (scroll), shield of faith, stat boosts? (bull str for example), remove paralysis, resist energy- depends on what we can afford I guess and what others might be interested in. CLW never gets old. I don't think we'll need endure elements in the city. Any thoughts?

Memnosyne finds herself on the deck gazing out at the fens. Swamps have never really appealed to her. Too many bugs. But there is sometimes a kind of beauty in desolation. And occasionally a lily clings here and there to life.
She cocks her eyebrow at the captain's commands and listens for an explanation.


"We have to be careful out here, there are tribes of boggards that often attack riverboats at night. What we try to do is dock at a sheltered area and post watches overnight."


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

"Fair. I'll help take watches - and stabbing if needs be!"


The night gets darker, it is overcast with no sight of stars or the moon. The only light on board the riverboat are the dim glow of hooded lanterns on deck.

Perception checks from everyone please with a -4


male Human Slayer 6 HP 51/51 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F7 R6 W3 Per 11 Ini 2

Perc: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 4 = 18

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

Perception: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 1 - 4 = -1

I can pretty much guarantee that I am not on deck, plus with a roll like that, I am not going to hear ANYTHING!!!


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

During the night, Oster smiles to himself as he looks out over the water.

Nice to be able to see in the dark.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 16 - 4 = 28


Memnosyne and Tatsuo, are you on deck?


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

perception: 1d20 + 15 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 15 - 4 = 24
(Mem also has dark vision)


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 7/8 2nd: 2/7 3rd: 3/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 7 (HP 30/30 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 5 | Init +7 | Percept 12)

Back from the con and hopefully caught up on sleep! Tatsuo probably would have assumed some kind of watch rotation, so he may or may not be on deck. If it would have been helpful, he has both Light and 3 castings of Dancing Lights, though his concern would have been drawing unwanted attention to them with the extra light.
Perception: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 4 = 19


stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Everyone except Calvon sees several figures in the water, swimming towards the boat.

Knowledge nature checks


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

"Some things are approaching us," Mem whispers to the others, pointing at the water.


male Human Slayer 6 HP 51/51 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F7 R6 W3 Per 11 Ini 2

Xango looks intently on the approaching mob and redies klar and his hammer.


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

"No idea what they are. We should start shooting."


As the creatures move forward you can see that they are boggards.

Does anyone want to take any readied actions?


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 7/8 2nd: 2/7 3rd: 3/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 7 (HP 30/30 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 5 | Init +7 | Percept 12)

Tatsuo kept his voice low, "While they are most likely hostile, perhaps we should give them an opportunity to turn back rather than face our wrath. I can cast a spell to understand them, if they do indeed speak, but unless they understand Common, I am afraid I likely have no way to make them understand us." He then quickly made sure any other guards on deck were aware of the approaching group.


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

"Give it a try. I don't want any river muck on me if I can help it. Looks cold!"


male Human Slayer 6 HP 51/51 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F7 R6 W3 Per 11 Ini 2

Xango waits till one gets closer to use his slayer ability on it.
"I think I would like frog tonight!"


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

"Hold," Memnosyne calls out to the boggards. "We would prefer to treat you as friends. We will defend ourselves if necessary."
diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 7/8 2nd: 2/7 3rd: 3/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 7 (HP 30/30 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 5 | Init +7 | Percept 12)

Tatsuo moved next to Memnosyne and likewise called out to the boggards. "We are quite well-armed with both blade and sorcery." To illustrate his point, he sent three glowing white orbs to circle about the swimming creatures, illuminating them quite well. Dancing lights "While we have no desire to fight, I am afraid if you force our hand, you will lose. But we have no desire to shed your blood; we merely wish to pass through in peace."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


"Give us gold and we will let you pass"


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 7/8 2nd: 2/7 3rd: 3/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 7 (HP 30/30 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 5 | Init +7 | Percept 12)

"Well, at least they speak Common." Tatsuo muttered softly before speaking up again. "And what exactly is the going rate for safe passage around these parts?"

Diplomacy to lower price, whatever it is: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


"3gp each"


Are you paying?


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 7/8 2nd: 2/7 3rd: 3/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 7 (HP 30/30 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 5 | Init +7 | Percept 12)

"Have all but one of you retreat, and then I will toss you the gold." Tatsuo pulls out his coin sack to show his sincerity.

If they do as asked, Tatsuo will Mage Hand the 15gp to the one remaining boggard.


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

"Party expenses.", quips Oster.


All but one of the boggards backs off, deeper into the swamp.


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 7/8 2nd: 2/7 3rd: 3/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 7 (HP 30/30 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 5 | Init +7 | Percept 12)

Tatsuo Mage Hand's 15gp to the remaining boggard.


The remaining boggard collects the cold and they head off, back into the swamp.

---------------------------

The rest of the riverboat journey is uneventful. After several more days on the water the Luck Jenny finally arrives at the bottom of the great cataracts that come pouring down the Storval Rise, a thousand foot cliff. The barge moors to one of the piers. Othlo, the captain points you towards a road the heads northeast along the bottom of the rise, explaining that this is the fastest way from here into Kaer Maga along a path under the cliff called the Halflight Path. The Duskwardens lead people along the path in small groups, under the cliffs into the centre of Kaer Maga.


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

"Very well. Let's go find the Duskwardens," Mem says stepping off the boat.


You join a queue of people who are looking to be taken into Kaer Maga. After a few minutes a Duskwarden approaches your group which contains yourselves and a merchant and his son with their cart. He introduces himself as Abra and explains he will lead you along the path.

Abra leads you through the twisted door. The Halflight Path is a roughly 15 foot wide and 15 foot tall tunnel that winds up through the cliff. The journey is long but not too arduous.

After about an hour and a half the tunnel becomes long and straight, maintaining its fifteen foot diameter. On the right wall, elaborate carvings depicting a falling star wreaking havoc on a humanoid populace flank an enormous archway carved with twining vines that almost obscure leering skulls. The space inside the arch has been crudely bricked up, with many of the bricks broken or sticking out at right angles.


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster stares at the carvings, and the brickwork, as if silently compelling them to hand over their secrets.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30

Appraise: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

Knowledge Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Knowledge Engineering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Knowledge History: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 7/8 2nd: 2/7 3rd: 3/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 7 (HP 30/30 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 5 | Init +7 | Percept 12)

"Abra, you have no doubt walked this path many a time. Could you tell us what it is these pictures depict? Or why this tunnel seems to have been rather crudely bricked up?"


Oster, you can tell that the brickwork to the side has been deliberately weakened and you can see 3 large creatures are moving just below the cave surface.


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster points to the side of the brickwork and quietly says:

"The brickwork has been softened *there*. Three large ones are moving, just under there."


"Look out, back up" yells Abra

You all manage to back up a bit, however the trader and his son are struggling with their cart and Abra goes over to help them. As he does so the ground erupts and 3 creatures burst through the cave floor. They are worm-like monsters with a hideous face of eyes and hooked jaws. They wield a wand and a sword in its twin tentacle tails. You recognise them as you have fought them before, they are seugathi

There is no surprise round as you were both aware of each other so we will go straight to initiative.

Oster initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Tatsuo initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Memnosyne initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Xango initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Calvon initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Abra initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Trader and son initiative: 1

Seugathi initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Initiative order:

Block 1: Tatsuo and Memnosyne

Block 2: Seugathi

Block 3: Calvon, Oster and Xango

Block 4: Abra

Block 5: Trader and son

So Block 1, your actions


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 7/8 2nd: 2/7 3rd: 3/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 7 (HP 30/30 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 5 | Init +7 | Percept 12)

Tatsuo claps his hands together, the sound echoing through the tunnel. He begins rubbing his hands together as a slow crackling sound of electricity begins to build up before hurling it at the creatures.

Burning arc -> electricity. DC 21 Reflex save to half
SR Primary: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10, Electricity: 6d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 6, 5, 3, 4, 3) + 7 = 32
SR Secondary: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26, Electricity: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 5, 5) + 4 = 16
SR Tertiary: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12, Electricity: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


F Changeling Cleric-6 | HP: 15/40 | AC 19; T11; FF18; CMD17 | F+6 R+3 W+9 (+2v.ench)| Init+5 Perception+15, Darkvision 60' | Channels: 7/7 | Current effects: prot.v.evil

Following his electric burst, Memnosyne moves forward and casts a protective spell over the group. (Casting protection from evil communal so everyone gets +2 (deflection) AC and +2 (resistance) to saves)
"Disgusting creatures," she murmurs.


reflex save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Only one of the spells got through spell resistance

2,701 to 2,750 of 2,878 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SHATTERED STAR CAMPAIGN - GAMEPLAY All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.