SHATTERED STAR CAMPAIGN - GAMEPLAY

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the shattered star campaign.

Treasure List

Magnimar's monuments

Specific treasure details

Quests

images

Maps


2,801 to 2,850 of 2,875 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>

Xango, you can act normally.


Xango moves forward and attacks the seugathi

Earthbreaker: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

damage: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (1, 2) + 12 = 15


Calvon, your action

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

Calvon casts shocking grasp through his spectral hand

Melee Touch attack plus spectral hand bonus plus metal weapon bonus: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 + 3 = 15

SR: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

damge: 6d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 2, 2, 3, 3) = 19


Calvon's spell fails to penetrate the creature's spell resistance.

Oster moves forward to attack. Abra also moves forward.

Tatsuo, back to you.


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 7/8 2nd: 2/7 3rd: 3/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 7 (HP 30/30 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 5 | Init +7 | Percept 12)

Now that there was only one creature left, Tatsuo switched tactics slightly. Since he still couldn't get close to check on the fallen travel companion, a different spell was in order. He rubbed his hands together, building up static electricity before clapping his hands towards the creature, sending a bolt of electricity its way.

Ear piercing scream -> electricity. DC 20 Fort save for half damage. If it fails its save, it's dazed for 1 round.
SR: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Electricity damage: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 5, 6) + 4 = 19


Fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Tatsuo's spell strikes the creature and it frys to death.


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Any enemies left?


No, they are all gone.

Abra comes over and apologises for attacking you, he goes over to the bodies of the trader and his son. Unfortunately there is not much of a body left for either of them so he buries what remains he can before leading you out into the city. You are now in Kaer Maga.


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster turns and stares at the daed trader.

"Damn. I'd nothing against the man. Everyone back with us, the ones who are still breathing?"


At the main gate to Kaer Maga are a number of urchins offering themselves as guides. One of them approaches you and introduces himself as Gav and asks if you are looking for anything in particular in Kaer Maga.


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster pays his attentions to Gav.

"Heyo, Gav. We're looking for the Therassic Spire. You know it?"


"Of course Guv. I can take you there but from what I've heard its locked up at the moment. If its magical knowledge you want you might have a better time with the troll augers."


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 7/8 2nd: 2/7 3rd: 3/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 7 (HP 30/30 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 5 | Init +7 | Percept 12)

Tatsuo folded his arms across his chest, a gesture that not-coincidentally also allowed him to keep a closer eye on his coin pouch, should any of the local urchins fancy a less legal way to make a few coins than by offering to guide newcomers. Not that that will stop a more unsavory 'guide' from leading us into an ambush to be robbed blind. Though hopefully our group's armaments will deter any such foolish notion as it would undoubtedly end poorly for them.

"Do you know why the Therassic Spire is currently closed or when it might open again?"


"I'd heard that they'd had some trouble with an adventuring party but I've not been able to confirm that."


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

"You'll show us where the tower is though? Who can say the word to let us in anyway?"


[b]"Yeah I can show you, it would be one of the librarians I guess that would let you in."[b]

Gav leads you to a circular tower eight stories tall. Gav tells you that its rumoured to extend an equal number of levels underground. The librarians who run it are a reclusive sect.

The huger iron bound doors of the library are shut tight and there is a small, meticulously lettered sign announcing that the library is closed until further notice.


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

"Cheers, Gav! So are these librarians inside or somewhere else?", Oster asks as he glances around for easier entry-ways.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36

Knowledge Engineering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


"The librarians will be inside."

Oster, the doors look quite sturdy and are closed and locked. There is a small panel in the door that looks like it can be slid aside for inhabitants of the library to look out and see who is knocking.


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

"I suppose we're knocking then! Cheers again, Gav!"

Oster begins to walk up to the door and will knock unless interrupted.


A few moments after Oster knocks on the door the small panel slides open and a prim and elderly voice calls out,

"If you can't read the sign then there's nothing in here for you anyway. The library is closed."

Sense Motive


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21


Oster, you can tell that the person behind the door is very worried about something and is close to panicking.


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster tries a nice, even tone, as he speaks.

"Hello there, friend. We are here to look for missing people. We can surely help you with whatever your problem is. Please, let us in and we'll have a talk."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


There is a sigh from behind the door and slowly it opens. She ushers you inside and then quickly closes and locks the door.

"Very well, perhaps you can help. You are aware that the Therassic Spire is the largest library in Kaer Maga. What many people don't know is that we are not the first scholars to take up residence in Kaer Maga. Far below us is a subterranean realm called Xavorax, in which a race of extraplanar researchers and historians called the caulborn live.

In recent years we have occasionally made telepathic contact with the caulborn in order to answer specific esoteric questions but always at a price. Weeks ago they contacted us directly, offering to help us recover an artifact of great power- a shard of Xin's great Sihedron- from another legendary realm below the city called the Dark Forest. They then revealed that the spire contained a secret door, hidden for thousands of years which leads down into an undiscovered portion of the Undercity that contained one of Karzoug's many workshops.

They told us that if we could send a band of adventurers or mercenaries to meet emissaries from Xavorax in the "chamber of the black menhir beyond the River of Memory" the caulborn would help that group, using the black menhir to transport the band to the heart of the Dark Forest where they have indicated the Shattered Star fragment rests.

We recruited an adventuring party to travel into the hidden dungeon below to meet the emissaries. Yet something has gone wrong,a nd the team hasn't returned, nor has it apparently reached the rendezvous with the caulborn. Fearful of what the party might have awoken in the city's depths, we set up a constant guard around the secret door, and we dare not let anyone into the library for fear that visitors might notice something amiss.

If you and your group can delve into the chambers beyond the secret door, find out what happened to the previous team, ensure the emissaries haven't been harmed and then continue the mission we'll let you keep what you find, including the Shard."


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster nods along to the explanation, then replies:

"Sounds good to me! What were these adventurers like, so we might recognise them? Any tips for dealing with the caulborn?"


"There were 4 of them: a female human monk called Hasari. She is dark haired. She belongs to a family of Sweettalkers and as such her lips are sewn together.

Then there is a male halfling rogue called Perotus

Thirdly there was a gnome bloatmage called Luonim the Vast,an obese gnome with green hair.

Finally there was a female dark naga called Silasni.

For the body of each adventurer returned to us I will pay you 1000gp, if you can return them alive I will pay 2000gp."


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

"That sounds even better. If we can get them back, you'll have them!"

Oster quickly thinks through what he knows of Sweettalkers, bloatmages, and dark nagas.

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Oster, you are unable to recall anything about dark nagas or sweettalkers, however you do recall that bloatmages are spellcaster that use leeches on their bodies to create an extra blood pool that gives them additional spellcasting abilities.

Anyone else want to give knowledge checks a try?. You could also try a knowledge dungeoneering on dark nagas.


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Knowledge Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Oster you know that dark nagas have a sharp-featured humanoid head over the body of a large snake. They are immune to poison and they have spell like abilities. They have the ability to continuously use detect thoughts. They have an attack that does poison damage that causes their victims to fall asleep


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 7/8 2nd: 2/7 3rd: 3/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 7 (HP 30/30 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 5 | Init +7 | Percept 12)

I only have knowledge arcana and planes.
"Should we be concerned with communicating with these caulborn? I am wondering if we might need to procure a scroll of Tongues or something similar if we are to interact with them."


"The caulborn have the ability to speak our language, I am not sure about the other denizens of the dungeon however. I will give you a scroll of tongues just in case."

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28

I should know something about sweettalkers.


Calvon you know that the Sweettalkers are a group of unusual traders from far to the east of Avistan who follow a little-understood monotheistic religion that imposes strict rules. In the West, they are found almost exclusively in the inclusive Varisian city of Kaer Maga.

The Sweettalkers of Kaer Maga believe that to utter anything but the most perfect true name of their god is heresy, yet none so far encountered have felt that they are worthy of this honour. In order to not speak an impure word, they sew their lips shut and communicate with each other in a code of clicks, whistles and sighs.


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 7/8 2nd: 2/7 3rd: 3/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 7 (HP 30/30 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 5 | Init +7 | Percept 12)

While it appeared such a thing would not be needed, Tatsuo took the scroll of tongues regardless. He was not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, as it were, and such a thing might yet be necessary for some other, unforeseen circumstance. "Thank you. I am sure this will be most useful as we seek to discover what became of this other adventuring group."


male Human Slayer 6 HP 51/51 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F7 R6 W3 Per 11 Ini 2

Xango just smiles and follows Oster, as he always does.


I'm assuming you head off

The maze of cluttered bookshelves has been cleared away from the wall in this deep storeroom far under the Spire's ground floor. In its place several wooden reading tables have been overturned and stacked to create a curved barricade surrounding a portion of the stone wall. A lighter patch shows where a tapestry once hung- now crumpled and forgotten on a nearby shelf- and a stone door, so perfectly made that it would be almost invisible when shut, hangs slightly ajar.

This then leads into a passageway when extends for hundreds of feet before reaching a stone door, hanging open.

The chamber beyond is bare save for a single, ornate, high-backed wooden chair against the wall. In the room's centre, a head-sized blob of condensed purple fluid slowly pulses and warps, like a drop of heavy oil suspended underwater.

You are at the entrance to b3


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

"Well, on we go!", says Oster as he begins to carefully advance into the chamber, aiming to stop short of reaching the fluid bubble in the centre.

Stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30

Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29


Oster you notice marks on the floor and a few fresh bloodstains.

As you enter the room the blob pulses and a female voice says in Thassilonian,

"Please state your query"


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Oster immediately strikes up a friendly tone and pose as he replies:

"Hello there! You must be associated with the caulborn? I'm Oster! My friends and I have been sent by the Librarians. We're passing through to find the Dark Forest, the shard of Xin's sihedron, and the four adventurers who went ahead looking for those. Would you know where any of those are currently?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25


The blob changes colour and shape and forms itself into a rune.There is a flash of light.

[ooc]Fort 20 from everyone within 60 feet please for half damage

strength damage: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 5) = 10

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (Evoker) 7 | HP 35/40 | AC 16; T 13; FF 13; CMD 17 | F+3 R+5 W+4 | Init +3 Percep +1 Low-light | Force Missile 0/9 | Arcane Bond 0/1 |Wand: Lightning Bolt (6), Magic Missile (50)| Current Effects : electricity resistance 10, Str 6/12

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Oh yeah!!!


Male Human (Tien-Min)
Remaining:
1st: 7/8 2nd: 2/7 3rd: 3/4 | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Current buffs: Extended mage armor
Sorceror 7 (HP 30/30 Resist Elec 5| AC 18, T 13, FF 11 | F 5 R 7 W 5 | Init +7 | Percept 12)

Fort DC20: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 Thank you cloak of resistance for stopping me from falling unconscious.

Tatsuo grunted. "Let us not anger the strange blob creature. Perhaps we should simply continue on our way."


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Oster is left standing but tries to move away from and circle the blob.

"I second that, Tat!"

Strength 6/11


You move past the blob into a passageway with two doors either side. From the door to the south you can hear the clanking of chains, the door to the north is silent.


Male TN Ifrit (mostly human) (Taldan) Unchained Rogue 7 (Scout, Thug) | HP: 36/38 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +17, SM: +13, Stl +18 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands: 1/1 | Fire Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None.

"Anything to ease that blob's magic? I feel fair poorly!"


male Human Slayer 6 HP 51/51 AC 19 T 12 FF 17 F7 R6 W3 Per 11 Ini 2

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Where to next?

2,801 to 2,850 of 2,875 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SHATTERED STAR CAMPAIGN - GAMEPLAY All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.