Ruins of Pathfinder: Reign of Winter (Inactive)

Game Master Robert Brookes

"I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust."

T.S. Eliot


51 to 100 of 1,337 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Walking down the narrow hall, Talavuc finds herself directly below midship in the galley. Here, the chanting songs and boistrous conversations of the Ulfen crew ring off the walls and mix dirge-like ballads with the sound of crunching ice up against the ship's hull. In the galley, Talavuc notices the elven component of their team assessing the food on offer, and Teladon's masked countenance belies no visible emotion aside from its steely facade.

But Teladon isn't listening to the sea chants, he isn't even paying attention to the smell of the food now, or even Talavuc's approach. His keen, elven hearing has detected something else amidst all fo the noise that would serve to distract him. Something that shouldnt' be.

Down the hall out of the galley and in Styvanius' cabin, Captain Rozier and Rasso share stories over drinks, the sound of the river ice crunching up against the hull a constant pop and clunk that serves as a backdrop for their relaxation. They find themselves unaware of what it is Talavuc has sensed.

Above decks, the captain offers Ar'Zarrcal a wry smile. "We should eat," he finally says in an accent-stilted Taldan tongue. "Have you ever had hak-- ' Cutting himself off, the captain looks past Ar'Zarrcal and for the barest of moments looks like he sees something. On the deck, one of the crew who is keeping an eye out on the darkening horizon looks to match the captain's expression.

Then, all at once, the three crewmen above deck cry out, "Boarders! Boarders!" From over the sides of the ship creatures emerge from the dark, soaked in freezing river water and draped in the tattered remnants of farmer's clothing. Their bloated, water-logged corpses are composed of pulpy white flesh, eyes eaten by fish, exposed bone and muscle, some crusted in ice.

"Zombies!" The Captain shouts in a piercing voice, "All hands on deck, all hands on deck!"

"Zombies!"
 
 
 

  << Encounter: "The Tired, Hungry and Poor" | Surprise Round | Hazards: Icy Ship Deck | Encounter Map: The Red Wraith >>
 
 
 

INITIATIVE

Rolls:

Zombies: 1d20 ⇒ 14 S
Ship Crew: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 S (above deck only)
Captain Brevin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 S
Ar'Zarrcal: 1d20 ⇒ 5 S
Marcellano: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Rasso: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Styvanius: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Talavuc: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Teladon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 S


Teladon: 18
Captain Brevin: 15
Zombies: 14
Rasso: 11
Ship Crew: 9
Ar'Zarrcal: 5
Styvanius: 4
Talavuc: 4
Marcellano: 3
Fenyx: Zzz
____
Surprise Round (reminder: 1 standard or move-action only)
Of the PCs: Ar'Zarrcal and Teladon may act on the surprise round.
Of the NPCs: The three above-deck crewmates and the captain may act.
Of the enemies: All zombies may act
____
Those Below Decks: It will take a full round of movement (two move actions) to get out from below decks. Once up you may emerge anywhere on or adjacent to the staircase at G11 and H11 on the map.
____
Current Locations
Zombies (7): H8, H9, H10, H7, D8, D9, D10
Crew: G10, E9, E8
Captain: F4
Ar'Zarrcal: F5
Marcellano: F11

Dark Archive

Male Chelish Human Fighter 1/Gunslinger 2/Guardian 1
Stats:
HP 39/39; AC 19, Flat Footed 17, Touch 12; CMD 19; Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +3

Holding off on saying my actions for the first round until the surprise round is over. ...I knew I should've been doing pushups in my breastplate! But at least I have my cutlass at my side (its always with me) and dagger in my boot. I'm considered Prone right now, aren't I?


Male Grey Elf (Fey) Magus 3/Champion/Archmage 1 AC 16/12/14/ HP 30/30 / F +5 R +3 W +3 (+9 vs cold weather) / Init. +2 / Perc. +9 / Mythic 3/5)

Carrying back the disgusting bowl of pickled shark to his room, Teladon felt something. In hindsight he wouldn’t have been able to tell you what it was, but none the less there was a sense of wrongness. Seconds before the elf had heard the cries of “Zombies” and “All hands on deck” Teladon had already dropped his bowl and was rushing up to the ice encrusted deck of the Red Wraith. As he did so, he whispered thanks to his Elders. It was his training that left him ever prepared. Where some might feel safe below decks in an armored ship, Teladon had chosen to wear his armor and carry his blade. Some might call it paranoia. As he ran along the wooden decks, nimbly jumping out of the way of a stateroom door being thrown open, Teladon smiled behind his mask. They could call it what they wanted. It was only paranoia if you were wrong.

MA: Move towards the entrance to the deck.


As the captain lets out his cry of alarm, he reaches down to his side and draws out a notched battle-axe etched with Skald runes. Hefting the blade in both hands, he grits his teeth and exhales a gout of steamy breath before shooting a look to Ar'Zarrcal, then back to the zombies. "Blod og ære!"

Skald:

"Blood and glory!"

Captain Brevin's men look ill-prepared for a full-scale boarding in the middle of the Andoshan river. Only two of them are armed properly and they draw their short swords with the shearing sound of sharpened metal, though their resolve looks to be less firm than the steel of their blades.

The other crewman on deck, already carrying a shovel to haul snow off of the deck simply hefts it up over hsi head and brings it down in a furious arc at one of the creatures, screaming loudly all the while. The shovel swings unwieldly and wide, but the creature's attention turns to the sailor.

One milky eye and one ragged socket stare back, and as the sailor feels his stomach turn, the corpse gurgles up a mouthful of murky water and lunges forward towards him with outstretched hands. The zombie smashes its hand against the crewman's face, pushing him back and curling decaying fingers into his mouth. The zombie pulls itself in, leaning down in and sinks its teeth into the side of the crewman's neck, pulling back a mouthful of bloody flesh. The sailor's scream becomes wet and gurgling as his legs give out and he drops the shovel with a clang.

Another pair of zombies turn on one of the sailors who just drew his sword. The first zombie finds itself pushed back by a flailing arm, but the sailor backs up right into the other, finding the creature grasping at his head and neck before biting down on his spine, raking teeth over flesh and bone. Its white, pulpy mouth now caked in blood. That sailor collapses, but still embraced by the zombie's grasping hands.

Lurching across the deck, the other zombies leave icy trails of water in their wake, the groaning wails of their ragged mouths echoing across the ship. One begins slumping up the stairs towards Ar'Zarrcal and the captain, the corpse of a teenage girl in a tattered dress.

____

Combat Dice Rolls/Actions:


Captain: Draw weapon as move action
E9 Crewman: Draw weapon as move action
G10 Crewman: Draw weapon as move action
E8 Crewman Attack; Zombie in D8: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3
D8 Zombie Attack; Crewman in E8: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
+ Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
D9 Zombie Attack; Crewman in E9: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
H10 Zombie Attack; Crewman in G10: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
H7 Zombie Move to F7
H8 Zombie Move to F8
H9 Zombie Move to F9
D10 Zombie Attack; Crewman in E9: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
+ Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


_________________________

Current Locations
Zombies (7): F8, F9, H10, F7, D8, D9, D10
Crew: G10, E9 (dying), E8 (dying)
Captain: F4
Ar'Zarrcal: F5
Marcellano: F11


@Marcellano: Yep, prone

Liberty's Edge

Stats
Spoiler:
  • HP 25/25
  • AC 20( T: 12/ FF:16)
  • Fort + 4|Ref + 2|Will + 2
  • Init + 2
  • Perception +1

Styvanus feels the hair on the back of his neck stand up and hears the shouts of boarders and zombies. He stands, taking a moment to secure his shield across his right arm. "It seems leisure isn't in the cards these days Rasso."He takes a deep breath and bolts out toward the ship deck.
________________________________________________________
Move Action to don the shield, Move action towards F11


Male Dwarf Cleric (Forge-Master) / 3 Mythic Guardian 1

The sudden emergence of the Zombies caused Ar'Zarrcal to recoil. Taking a few steps back (five foot step to G5) the dwarf felt sudden exposed without the protection of his heavy armor. A crossbow and the beautifully crafted warhammer were at his side, but his thoughts instead went to magic. The captain had previously shown scorn for magic, thinking it unreliable and fickle - here was a chance for the Thassilonian Herald to prove the grizzled seadog wrong.

Gesturing outward to one of the thick rope cables at the side of the boat. He uttered an incantation in the once ancient language of Thassilon magic. "се водат и вратоврска" For a moment strange glyphs appeared upon the length of the rope and it quickly tied itself across the length of the boat forming a trip wire length barrier.


Specified Roll:
Move Action: N/A (5' foot step?)
Swift Action: N/A
Standard Action: Cast Animate Rope on a ship cable/line/rope and have it tie across the length of the boat from the '6' axis. I am attempting to use the rope as a trip wire as described in the spell. It being an object/item, I count as level 2.
End Location: G5


Yes! Excellent use of your spells! So glad to see Animate Rope get some use.


SURPRISE ROUND RECAP

Carrying back the disgusting bowl of pickled shark to his room, Teladon felt something. In hindsight he wouldn’t have been able to tell you what it was, but none the less there was a sense of wrongness. Seconds before the elf had heard the cries of “Zombies” and “All hands on deck” Teladon had already dropped his bowl and was rushing up to the ice encrusted deck of the Red Wraith. As he did so, he whispered thanks to his Elders. It was his training that left him ever prepared. Where some might feel safe below decks in an armored ship, Teladon had chosen to wear his armor and carry his blade. Some might call it paranoia. As he ran along the wooden decks, nimbly jumping out of the way of a stateroom door being thrown open, Teladon smiled behind his mask. They could call it what they wanted. It was only paranoia if you were wrong.

As the captain lets out his cry of alarm, he reaches down to his side and draws out a notched battle-axe etched with Skald runes. Hefting the blade in both hands, he grits his teeth and exhales a gout of steamy breath before shooting a look to Ar'Zarrcal, then back to the zombies. "Blod og ære!"

Captain Brevin's men look ill-prepared for a full-scale boarding in the middle of the Andoshan river. Only two of them are armed properly and they draw their short swords with the shearing sound of sharpened metal, though their resolve looks to be less firm than the steel of their blades.

The other crewman on deck, already carrying a shovel to haul snow off of the deck simply hefts it up over his head and brings it down in a furious arc at one of the creatures, screaming loudly all the while. The shovel swings unwieldly and wide, but the creature's attention turns to the sailor.

One milky eye and one ragged socket stare back, and as the sailor feels his stomach turn, the corpse gurgles up a mouthful of murky water and lunges forward towards him with outstretched hands. The zombie smashes its hand against the crewman's face, pushing him back and curling decaying fingers into his mouth. The zombie pulls itself in, leaning down in and sinks its teeth into the side of the crewman's neck, pulling back a mouthful of bloody flesh. The sailor's scream becomes wet and gurgling as his legs give out and he drops the shovel with a clang.

Another pair of zombies turn on one of the sailors who just drew his sword. The first zombie finds itself pushed back by a flailing arm, but the sailor backs up right into the other, finding the creature grasping at his head and neck before biting down on his spine, raking teeth over flesh and bone. Its white, pulpy mouth now caked in blood. That sailor collapses, but still embraced by the zombie's grasping hands.

Lurching across the deck, the other zombies leave icy trails of water in their wake, the groaning wails of their ragged mouths echoing across the ship. One begins slumping up the stairs towards Ar'Zarrcal and the captain, the corpse of a teenage girl in a tattered dress.

The sudden emergence of the Zombies caused Ar'Zarrcal to recoil. Taking a few steps back (five foot step to G5) the dwarf felt sudden exposed without the protection of his heavy armor. A crossbow and the beautifully crafted warhammer were at his side, but his thoughts instead went to magic. The captain had previously shown scorn for magic, thinking it unreliable and fickle - here was a chance for the Thassilonian Herald to prove the grizzled seadog wrong.

Gesturing outward to one of the thick rope cables at the side of the boat. He uttered an incantation in the once ancient language of Thassilon magic. "се водат и вратоврска" For a moment strange glyphs appeared upon the length of the rope and it quickly tied itself across the length of the boat forming a trip wire length barrier.
 
 
 
  << Encounter: "The Tired, Hungry and Poor" | Round I | Hazards: Icy Ship Deck | Encounter Map: The Red Wraith >>
 
 
 
Current Locations
Zombies (7): F8, F9, H10, F7, D8, D9, D10
Crew (3): G10, E9 (dying), E8 (dying)
Captain: F4
Ar'Zarrcal: G5
Marcellano: F11
Teladon: 1 Move action away from coming above decks.
Everyone Else: 2 move actions away from coming above decks.

Dark Archive

Male Chelish Human Fighter 1/Gunslinger 2/Guardian 1
Stats:
HP 39/39; AC 19, Flat Footed 17, Touch 12; CMD 19; Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +3

Seeing the zombies clamber up onto the deck and strike down two sailors, Marcellano begins to feel the rush of combat he so loves - he's already pumped up due to his exercise, and leaps up from being prone, draws his trusty cutlass, which has the words "Loyalty" masterfully engraved along the side of its blade, while taking a step towards the nearest zombie. He then takes a stroke with his cutlass, using both hands and putting every muscle he has into swinging it, trying to take out the nearest zombie. As he does this, he roars at the zombies, challenging them to try and face him, despite knowing that they're probably mindless.
________________________________________

Move Action: Stand up
Free Action #1: 5-Foot Step to E11 and Draw Cutlass during-move
Standard Action: Two-Hand Attack with Cutlass [Power Attack] Zombie at D10
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Free Action #2: Yell at the zombies
End Location: E11

This is provided no zombie takes a step forward towards me during its turn, of course. If one does, I'm taking a total defense action then standing up instead.


@Marcellano: You got a critical threat there with that cutlass! But the 12 damage you did dropped the zombie anyway. Normally if a player forgets to roll for crit confirmation I'll handle it if I catch it. Don't short-change yourself damage! :)

__________

As Ar'Zarrcal throws out that length of rops, the once-spooled length of hemp ties itself taut around the rope anchors on the floor. As the girl's shambling corpse approaches, her arms begin to lift, fingers grasping and mouth opening and closing slowly. She advances, mindlessly, straight towards the captain and Ar'Zarrcal, only to find herself stumbling over the taut tripwire of enchanted rope.

Staggering forward, the zombie twists and struggles as it finds the rope snaking up over its body and then wrapping around its legs and one arm, tightening and loosening erratically like a flexing muscle. Struggling to move any further, the zombie barely manages to make it a few more steps before halting entirely.

Relentless in their hunger, the two zombies that felled members of the crew stop to hunch over and devour the flesh of their victims. While there may have been hope for them surviving their injuries, the gruesome lengths of flesh and tendon torn away from wounds gushing blood confirm that both are now dead. The feasting zombies make grotesque, gurgling noises as they stuff themselves with the steaming-hot meat from their still twitching victims.

Those that do not have meals of their own move in ravenous hunger to find them. Brevin, refusing to become their next meal, steps in towards the ensnared young corpse and hefts up his axe. A primal scream erupts from his throat before he brings the axe down square in the girl's forehead. Thick, black blood does not spray or flow from the wound, it only oozes like jelly out from the wedge he's cleaved into her skull.

With a sucking sound, the axe is wrenched out, but the girl continues to struggle against the rope, hands flailing wildly, fingers curling and grasping and a rattling whisper escaping her fish-eaten lips.

"Gods below," Brevin whispers in Taldan, droplets of gelatinous blood spattered across one side of his face.

____

Combat Details:


E6 Zombie Reflex Save: 1d20 ⇒ 6 Failure. Zombie is Entanged for 2 rounds.
Captain Brevin's Attack on E6 zombie: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 (critical threat. Man the dice hate these zombies!)
Confirmation Roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 (confirmed critical hit)
+ Critical hit damage (battleaxe) on E6 Zombie: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (5, 1) + 4 = 10

I did some of the zombies turn. Those who weren't going anywhere and the one going up towards Ar'Zarrcal and the Captain. I'm waiting on the others because Teladon could get there in time to change things/be targeted by the ones closer to the back of the ship. I'll handle these zombies actions after he posts.
_____
Current Locations
Zombies (7): F8, F9, H10, E6 (wounded), D8 (eating), D9 (eating), D10
Crew (3): G10, E9 (dead), E8 (dead)
Captain: E5
Ar'Zarrcal: G5
Marcellano: F11 (will be in E11 on his initiative pass)
Teladon: 1 Move action away from coming above decks.
Everyone Else: 2 move actions away from coming above decks.


Male Grey Elf (Fey) Magus 3/Champion/Archmage 1 AC 16/12/14/ HP 30/30 / F +5 R +3 W +3 (+9 vs cold weather) / Init. +2 / Perc. +9 / Mythic 3/5)

Rushing along the wooden passageway the magus headed towards the sounds of battle. As Teladon got closer and closer to the stairs leading to the deck of the ship, his keen elfin ears picked out the screams of the dying and the harsh wet ripping sound of flesh being torn from bone. Steeling himself, the magus pulled his black rune-engraved scimitar from his scabbard and concentrating for a split-second he uttered the 23th incantation of empowerment. As he did so, a faint blue light seemed to radiate from his ancient blade. Leaping up the stairs two at a time, the iridescent blue light from his blade streamed out from behind him leaving a blue contrail. Storming up to the top of the stairs he was greeted by a foul sight. All around him on the deck were the waterlogged corpses of the unquiet dead. Maggot white skin and dripping with river water, a zombie near the stairs turned to regard him with unabated hunger as he rose onto the deck. Roaring out a primal Azlanti war cry, Teladon, whipped his scimitar down towards the zombie in a overhand slash, the blade gripped with both hands and the edge streaming blue witch-fire.

Swift Action: Arcane pool to empower weapon with a +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute.
MA: Move to H11
SA: Attack H10 zombie (scimitar +1 two hand): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Female Human (erutaki) Druid (arctic) 3 / Guardian/Hierophant 1

"Zombies!"

The shout froze Talavuc for a few moments. Zombies? The walking dead are strike already? Are these the same corpses I have fought before on the Crown? Her thoughts race before she focuses her mind. No, questions will be answered later, for now, I must help.

Knowing that her spells were risky to the boat or of little help against such mindless opponents, she rushed back to her room. Talavuc grabbed her spear and looked down at her companion for a moment, thinking of rousing him. No, I'll not subject him to these creatures while he's like this. She gave him a reassuring stroke on the top of his head and turned to head for the deck above.

___________________________________________________
@Lucent: Isn't a battleaxe a x3 critical?

Move: Run into her cabin
Standard: Pick up her spear

Current Stats:

Hp: 20/20
AC: 12; FF: 10; T: 12
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +7

Dark Archive

Male Chelish Human Fighter 1/Gunslinger 2/Guardian 1
Stats:
HP 39/39; AC 19, Flat Footed 17, Touch 12; CMD 19; Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +3

Yes, a Battleaxe is a x3 critical. And oops for not noticing my own critical threat.. still new to these dice rolls. Won't forget again!

Just going to confirm that crit of mine..
Critical Confirmation: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Or not. Ah well, it didn't matter if its enough to drop 'em anyways, I just wanted to see the damage :D


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Rasso leaps to his feet at the cries of "Zombie". Gods damn it. I hate the taste of zombie. A grim look on his face, he scuttles up to the deck posthaste.
_____________________________
Not sure which square we're emerging from.

Made this map so we can see where people are.

Anyone can edit the map, but let Lucent do it to avoid confusion.

Edit:Please don't forget that Rasso has 10' reach with his bite when it comes to AOOs and flanking.


Rasso, the map is set to view-only. But hey that is super g#+!@#ned handy.


Teladon's scimitar cuts deep into the flesh of the creature lurching nearby, slashing deeply into its neck and back, revealing grayed muscle and twitching tendons. The creature's head jerks to the side, fish-eaten eyes staring at he elven swordsman. As it stares at Talavuc, he can see the tapered ears more clearly, the thin frame and the once graceful features consumed by the decay of death and the river.

As it gurgles some unintelligible sound, Talavuc is thrust face-to-face with an undying member of his own species. How old was this woman? 100 years? 200? How many centuries of knowledge and training went completely to waste, only to take another century and a half to reproduce.

This wasn't just some walking abomination, it was an insult and a tragedy with legs, teeth and maggot-colored flesh.

The elven zombie turns fully from the crew-mate it had been ruthlessly attacking and lunges with arms outstretched towards Teladon, vomiting up murky seawater from its crooked jaws as it does. Rubbery fingers find purchase in its sudden lunge, grasping a hold of Teladon's outstretched sword arm before sending broken jaws down. Teeth don't quite penetrate through the fine chain links of his armor, but the inhuman jaw pressure breaks blood vessels and strains the flesh as it tries to eat Talavuc's arm as best as it can.

Behind the zombie, the crewmate who had withdrawn his short sword draws his sword back and lets out a horrified scream as he brings the blade down wildly on the zombie attacking Teladon. The short sword pierces into the zombie's back, but only a few inches and even then the puncture wound does little to actually impede the zombie's motion as no blood flows from the small point of entry.

Across the ship, the zombie that the captain had wedged his axe into finally wobbles, twitches and collapsed to the deck in a sputtering heap of gelatinous blood and pale flesh.

Another zombie moves from those that are eating to climb up over the corpse of the one that was tangled by the rope. This shambling, fat corpse jiggles its way up the stairs, an over-swolen belly wobbling from left to right, fat sausage-like fingers twitching, jowls wobbling and lips pursing as its milky white eyes stare down the captain.

But it's Marcellano who starts to stem the tide of the dead as he springs forward to attack the creature nearest to him. The soldier's swing cleaves a lethal arc straight through one of the offending corpses' throats, cleaving its head clear off and sending its waterlogged corpse crashing to the deck in a slippery heap. The head hits the deck, bounces a few times and rolls to a stop, jaws still working open and closed.

As 'reward' for his actions, Marcellano catches sight of another zombie move in a sudden lunge across the deck from beside the ones that are feeding. It throws its arms up, belches up a mouthful of river water with a gurgling cry and grabs the soldier from the side, putrid fingers curling in the fabric of his uniform.

The zombie's jaws snap open and its mouth comes down onto Marcellano's shoulder. The cloth of his uniform tears as the zombie's broken teeth rip into his skin, rending pieces of skin away as it scrapes deep cuts through the exposed flesh but can't quite find enough purchase to pull away a whole chunk.
____
H10 Zombie attacking Teladon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 (hit)
+ Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
G10 Crew on H10 Zombie: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 (hit)
+ Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 (negated by DR)
E10 Zombie on Marcellano: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 (hit)
+ Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Oh, and Talavuc you're right. By the increased damage adjustment alone the Captain's axe should have dropped the zombie he attacked. I'll update the placement list.
@Rasso: You emerge from G11 or H11. Since you spent your full round moving (it looks like) I'll put you at G11 next to Talavuc.

____
Current Locations
Active Zombies (7): E6, E10, H10, D8 (eating), D9 (eating)
Active Crew (3): G10
Dead Crew: E9 (dead), E8 (dead)
Captain: E5
Ar'Zarrcal: G5
Marcellano: F11 (will be in E11 on his initiative pass)
Teladon: H11
Rasso: G11
Styvanius: One move action away from getting on deck
Talavuc: One move action away from getting on deck.
Everyone Else: 2 move actions away from coming above decks.


Just waiting on Ar'Zarrcal's round 1 actions to close out the round.


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Map

I swore I changed it to edit before, but it should be set now. Sorry.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Chelish Human Fighter 1/Gunslinger 2/Guardian 1
Stats:
HP 39/39; AC 19, Flat Footed 17, Touch 12; CMD 19; Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +3

You know, the descriptions of damage make it seem a whole lot more painful than "The zombie bites you, and you take 8 damage." I need to start being more descriptive in my campaign with RL friends..


Sin Mage (Gluttony) 3
Stats:
HP 22/22; AC 11, Flat Footed 10, Touch 11; CMD 11; Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +4; Initiative +1

Fenyx's eyes snap open. The flurry of motion above and below deck does not seem altogether out of place to the necromancer, especially given the constant annoyance of the ship's prow crushing through the frozen river. His eyes close once more, and he rolls over on his side and hopes the revelry will quieten enough for him to actually get some semblance of a rest.

His eyes snap open again. Zombies? Fenyx swivels his head to fix the door with a sidelong glance. The yells resume, followed by a much more pronounced clamor. Unexpected.

Fenyx walks casually through the bowels of the ship, his cold gaze not betraying the anxiety simmering beneath the surface. A flourish of his wrists, not unlike flinging dust from a rug, and his garments have changed from something practical for sleeping into that of his more common garb: immaculate black and grey robes in the style of Shalast. He adjusts a bulbous satchel on his hip, rummaging through its contents with his left hand as he continues towards the deck of the ship. A hint of a smirk crawls onto his face as he says calmly, "Едвај надвор од пристаништето и лудилото почнува. Без разлика на тоа. Мртвите ги бираат своите жртви лошо оваа ноќ."

Thassilonian:
"Barely out of harbor and the madness begins. No matter. The dead choose their victims poorly this night."

_____________
Fenyx isn't in a particular hurry - 'cause that's just his style - and is momentarily distracted by "changing clothes." He's basically using his sleeves of many garments to switch from pajamas to full on spiffy necromancer regalia.
Initiative Roll: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Move Action: Moving towards the ship's deck.
Standard Action: Activate sleeves of many garments.
End Location: Still below.


Male Dwarf Cleric (Forge-Master) / 3 Mythic Guardian 1

Silently the dwarf returned to his original position, confidence in his magic allowing him to recover from his initial recoil. He pulled the warhammer from his side with two rune-scarred hands and with an upward strike, sought to shatter the jaw and neck of the Zombie with its heavy face.

Apologies. My internet was out yesterday and most of today.
Five foot step: Back to F5
Move Action: Draw weapon
Standard Action: Attack the Zombie with Warhammer
Warhammer Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
End Location: F5.


Successful hit, but the zombie's damage reduction absorbed all of the damage from the attack.


ROUND I RECAP

Rushing along the wooden passageway the magus headed towards the sounds of battle. As Teladon got closer and closer to the stairs leading to the deck of the ship, his keen elfin ears picked out the screams of the dying and the harsh wet ripping sound of flesh being torn from bone. Steeling himself, the magus pulled his black rune-engraved scimitar from his scabbard and concentrating for a split-second he uttered the 23th incantation of empowerment. As he did so, a faint blue light seemed to radiate from his ancient blade. Leaping up the stairs two at a time, the iridescent blue light from his blade streamed out from behind him leaving a blue contrail. Storming up to the top of the stairs he was greeted by a foul sight. All around him on the deck were the waterlogged corpses of the unquiet dead. Maggot white skin and dripping with river water, a zombie near the stairs turned to regard him with unabated hunger as he rose onto the deck. Roaring out a primal Azlanti war cry, Teladon, whipped his scimitar down towards the zombie in a overhand slash, the blade gripped with both hands and the edge streaming blue witch-fire.

Teladon's scimitar cuts deep into the flesh of the creature lurching nearby, slashing deeply into its neck and back, revealing grayed muscle and twitching tendons. The creature's head jerks to the side, fish-eaten eyes staring at he elven swordsman. As it stares at Talavuc, he can see the tapered ears more clearly, the thin frame and the once graceful features consumed by the decay of death and the river.

As it gurgles some unintelligible sound, Talavuc is thrust face-to-face with an undying member of his own species. How old was this woman? 100 years? 200? How many centuries of knowledge and training went completely to waste, only to take another century and a half to reproduce.

This wasn't just some walking abomination, it was an insult and a tragedy with legs, teeth and maggot-colored flesh.

The elven zombie turns fully from the crew-mate it had been ruthlessly attacking and lunges with arms outstretched towards Teladon, vomiting up murky seawater from its crooked jaws as it does. Rubbery fingers find purchase in its sudden lunge, grasping a hold of Teladon's outstretched sword arm before sending broken jaws down. Teeth don't quite penetrate through the fine chain links of his armor, but the inhuman jaw pressure breaks blood vessels and strains the flesh as it tries to eat Talavuc's arm as best as it can.

Behind the zombie, the crewmate who had withdrawn his short sword draws his sword back and lets out a horrified scream as he brings the blade down wildly on the zombie attacking Teladon. The short sword pierces into the zombie's back, but only a few inches and even then the puncture wound does little to actually impede the zombie's motion as no blood flows from the small point of entry.

As Ar'Zarrcal throws out that length of rope, the once-spooled length of hemp ties itself taut around the rope anchors on the floor. As the girl's shambling corpse approaches, her arms begin to lift, fingers grasping and mouth opening and closing slowly. She advances, mindlessly, straight towards the captain and Ar'Zarrcal, only to find herself stumbling over the taut tripwire of enchanted rope.

Staggering forward, the zombie twists and struggles as it finds the rope snaking up over its body and then wrapping around its legs and one arm, tightening and loosening erratically like a flexing muscle. Struggling to move any further, the zombie barely manages to make it a few more steps before halting entirely.

Relentless in their hunger, the two zombies that felled members of the crew stop to hunch over and devour the flesh of their victims. While there may have been hope for them surviving their injuries, the gruesome lengths of flesh and tendon torn away from wounds gushing blood confirm that both are now dead. The feasting zombies make grotesque, gurgling noises as they stuff themselves with the steaming-hot meat from their still twitching victims.

Those that do not have meals of their own move in ravenous hunger to find them. Brevin, refusing to become their next meal, steps in towards the ensnared young corpse and hefts up his axe. A primal scream erupts from his throat before he brings the axe down square in the girl's forehead. Thick, black blood does not spray or flow from the wound, it only oozes like jelly out from the wedge he's cleaved into her skull.

With a sucking sound, the axe is wrenched out, but the girl continues to struggle against the rope, hands flailing wildly, fingers curling and grasping and a rattling whisper escaping her fish-eaten lips.

"Gods below," Brevin whispers in Taldan, droplets of gelatinous blood spattered across one side of his face. Eventually, the zombie that the captain had wedged his axe into finally wobbles, twitches and collapsed to the deck in a sputtering heap of gelatinous blood and pale flesh.

Another zombie moves from those that are eating to climb up over the corpse of the one that was tangled by the rope. This shambling, fat corpse jiggles its way up the stairs, an over-swollen belly wobbling from left to right, fat sausage-like fingers twitching, jowls wobbling and lips pursing as its milky white eyes stare down the captain.

Silently Ar'Zarrcal returned to his original position, confidence in his magic allowing him to recover from his initial recoil. He pulled the warhammer from his side with two rune-scarred hands and with an upward strike, sought to shatter the jaw and neck of the Zombie with its heavy face. The impact of the blow strikes true and the zombie jerks back momentarily from the blow, but then quickly reels back around, unphased, letting out a wild hiss of watery breath.

Below decks, Rasso leaps to his feet at the cries of "Zombie". Gods damn it. I hate the taste of zombie. A grim look on his face, he scuttles up to the deck posthaste. Behind him, a crowd of Ulfen pirates are gathering their weapons and preparing to head topside once they are armed.

Fenyx's eyes snap open. The flurry of motion above and below deck does not seem altogether out of place to the necromancer, especially given the constant annoyance of the ship's prow crushing through the frozen river. His eyes close once more, and he rolls over on his side and hopes the revelry will quieten enough for him to actually get some semblance of a rest.

His eyes snap open again. Zombies? Fenyx swivels his head to fix the door with a sidelong glance. The yells resume, followed by a much more pronounced clamor. Unexpected.

Styvanus feels the hair on the back of his neck stand up and hears the shouts of boarders and zombies. He stands, taking a moment to secure his shield across his right arm. "It seems leisure isn't in the cards these days Rasso."He takes a deep breath and bolts out toward the ship deck.

More awake than the crew had realized, Fenyx walks casually through the bowels of the ship, his cold gaze not betraying the anxiety simmering beneath the surface. A flourish of his wrists, not unlike flinging dust from a rug, and his garments have changed from something practical for sleeping into that of his more common garb: immaculate black and grey robes in the style of Shalast. He adjusts a bulbous satchel on his hip, rummaging through its contents with his left hand as he continues towards the deck of the ship. A hint of a smirk crawls onto his face as he says calmly, "Едвај надвор од пристаништето и лудилото почнува. Без разлика на тоа. Мртвите ги бираат своите жртви лошо оваа ноќ."

The shouts from above deck froze Talavuc for a few moments. Zombies? The walking dead are strike already? Are these the same corpses I have fought before on the Crown? Her thoughts race before she focuses her mind. No, questions will be answered later, for now, I must help.

Knowing that her spells were risky to the boat or of little help against such mindless opponents, she rushed back to her room. Talavuc grabbed her spear and looked down at her companion for a moment, thinking of rousing him. No, I'll not subject him to these creatures while he's like this. She gave him a reassuring stroke on the top of his head and turned to head for the deck above.

Back above decks, seeing the zombies clamber up onto the deck and strike down two sailors, Marcellano begins to feel the rush of combat he so loves - he's already pumped up due to his exercise, and leaps up from being prone, draws his trusty cutlass, which has the words "Loyalty" masterfully engraved along the side of its blade, while taking a step towards the nearest zombie. He then takes a stroke with his cutlass, using both hands and putting every muscle he has into swinging it, trying to take out the nearest zombie. As he does this, he roars at the zombies, challenging them to try and face him, despite knowing that they're probably mindless.

The Chelish soldier's swing cleaves a lethal arc straight through one of the offending corpses' throats, cleaving its head clear off and sending its waterlogged corpse crashing to the deck in a slippery heap. The head hits the deck, bounces a few times and rolls to a stop, jaws still working open and closed.

As 'reward' for his actions, Marcellano catches sight of another zombie move in a sudden lunge across the deck from beside the ones that are feeding. It throws its arms up, belches up a mouthful of river water with a gurgling cry and grabs the soldier from the side, putrid fingers curling in the fabric of his uniform.

The zombie's jaws snap open and its mouth comes down onto Marcellano's shoulder. The cloth of his uniform tears as the zombie's broken teeth rip into his skin, rending pieces of skin away as it scrapes deep cuts through the exposed flesh but can't quite find enough purchase to pull away a whole chunk.
 
 
 
 

   << Encounter: "The Tired, Hungry and Poor" | Round II | Hazards: Icy Ship Deck | Encounter Map: The Red Wraith >>
 
 
 
 
 
For everyone about to come above decks, you will emerge at the nearest open square to G11.
_______
Current Locations
Active Zombies (5): E6, E10, H10, D8 (eating), D9 (eating)
Active Crew (1): G10
Dead Crew: E9 (dead), E8 (dead)
Captain: F5
Ar'Zarrcal: G5
Marcellano: E11
Teladon: H11
Rasso: G11
Styvanius: One move action away from getting on deck
Talavuc: One move action away from getting on deck.
Fenyx: One move action away from getting on deck.


Male Grey Elf (Fey) Magus 3/Champion/Archmage 1 AC 16/12/14/ HP 30/30 / F +5 R +3 W +3 (+9 vs cold weather) / Init. +2 / Perc. +9 / Mythic 3/5)

Giving a muffled grunt of pain from behind his steel engraved mask, Teleadon reflexively pulled his sword arm back, ripping several teeth out from the mouth of the waterlogged elven zombie. Grimicing behind his mask, he watched as the pale skinned human who Teladon had previously seen at the Golden Aerie grabbed up a battleaxe near to him and swung it with a bone crunching force down onto a nearby zombie. In the detached, logical part of his mind Teladon gave a nod of appreciation. The man was a brute, that much was clear, but he wasn’t lacking in skill. Across the deck, Teladon could also make out the form of the rune-scarred dwarf and the ship’s captain putting up a fight, but the rest of the crew didn’t seem to be fairing so well.

Taking a half step back Teladon focused his anima and murmured the 3th invocation of combustion. Completing the spell, his black blade of elven heritage began to sizzle in the snow and give off waves of heat. Raising the blade in a salute, Teladon lunged forward, bringing the heated blade down in a two handed grip. Striking down, his blade struck the elven abomination causing her flesh to sizzle and blister and an black elven rune for Rejection to appear on the woman brow. Bringing the blade down in follow through, Teladon half-heartily lashed out a second time. Completing his sword form, Teladon stepped back, looking at the woman. Such a waste Teladon thought, fighting back the sadness that all elves had felt since the destruction of so many of their people. Truly, such a waste.

Cast on the Defensive: Brand (DC15), plus Spell Combat / Spell Strike vs H10: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Attack Roll (Spell Strike) vs H10: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 1 = 22
Damage Roll vs H10: 1d6 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 11
Attack Roll (Normal Attack) vs H10: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10


Sin Mage (Gluttony) 3
Stats:
HP 22/22; AC 11, Flat Footed 10, Touch 11; CMD 11; Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +4; Initiative +1

Footsteps even and stride long, Fenyx continues making his way up from below deck. Just steps away from his destination, the necromancer pulls up the hood of his robes, cloaking most of his face in deep shadow as he makes his grand entrance. He emerges onto the deck of the ship, the freezing winds whipping his trailing garments about wildly as he rises from a half stooped position to his full height in defiance of the oppressing frigid gusts. Such a pity to spoil such a fine night on this paltry lot. The necromancers eyes seize the myriad threats seeking to sup on the bodies of those who would bear he and his companions to their destination.

Through a brief, bored grimace, he calls out firmly and evenly, "Мртвите може да се зголеми и мртвите може да падне. Уште поважно, на мртвите може да служи." He fixes the frozen, waterlogged dead with a stern gaze before shouting angrily, "Obey!"

Thassilonian:
"The dead may rise and the dead may fall. More importantly, the dead may serve.

Fenyx calls out over the shoulders of his friends as he exerts his will, "I will attempt to wrest control of these husks."

_____________
If possible, Fenyx will try to stand behind (or at least, between) Rasso and Marcellano (if he can get to F12 reliably, he will do so; if not, F11 is fine) and channel negative energy in an attempt to control any of the zombies he can. The channel has a range of 30 ft. and requires a DC 13 Will Save. Fenyx can control a total of 2 HD worth of undead at any given time.
Move Action: Moves onto the ship deck at F12 (or F11 if F12 is inaccessible).
Standard Action: Channel negative energy - command undead (30 ft.; Will DC 13).
End Location: F12 (or F11).


Reposting Initiative to include Fenyx and so I don't have to scroll so far up.
Initiative
Teladon: 18
Captain Brevin: 15
Zombies: 14
Rasso: 11 +
Fenyx: 11 -
Ship Crew: 9
Ar'Zarrcal: 5
Styvanius: 4
Talavuc: 4
Marcellano: 3


Teladon's blade cleaves deeply into the elven zombie and splits her from clavicle to sternum, leaving a fissure of dead gray flesh and dark blood drooling with murky seawater. Despite the grievous injury, the creature continues to move, barely held together by insatiable hunger, inescapable cold and inhuman rage.

Fortunately for Teladon, his second sword-strike, while not solid enough to cut into her flesh, nimbly wards her branded face from getting close enough to secure another flesh-rending bite. The blow keeps the staggering creature at bay for now.

Across the ship, captain Brevin watches Ar'Zarrcal's warhammer do nothing but cause the zombie they battle to stumble about. Using Ar'Zarrcal's attack as an opening, the Captain swings his axe horizontally across the zombie's mid-section. This time, though, the captain loses his footing on the ice-slicked ship deck, his swing lashing out and striking the ship's railing leaving a notch of missing wood after its passing.

Over-extending himself as he did, the captain finds the zombie he attacked lunging in with sudden alacrity and urgency, a drowned groan bubbling up from rotten lips as jagged, yellow teeth are revealed. Swinging his axe back up, the captain smacks the zombie square in the jaw with the flat back-end of the axe, knocking its gnashing maw away. "I'll not be your dinner!" The captain bellows as he keeps the creature back.

Across the ship, Marcellano finds himself surrounded by the flesh-eating creatures, no matter how fast he seems to dispatch them. One of the zombies closest to Marcellano simply lunges forward with a hungered groan of pain,rising up from the leg of one of the crewmen, his calf muscle still in his mouth. It closes the distance too quickly for the Chelish soldier to withdraw, and without his armor he finds the foul creature finding both easy purchase with its waterlogged limbs on his shoulders, and then no resistance when it sinks its teeth into the side of his neck by his shoulder.

This time the creature pulls skin away, leaving a large toothy mark and a spray of blood between its jaws. The creature, so close, reeks of decay and brine and Marcellano can feel the unearthly cold of its near frozen body and see the desperation and pain in its murky eyes.

Two of the other zombies, smelling fresh kills, rise up from the crewmen they were devouring and jerk their heads towards Marcellano. Moving into loping gaits, these two near frozen corpses begin shambling towards he and Rasso, gurgling up blood, flesh and water in a brown vomit.

Below decks, the rest of the ship's crew still struggles to get their weapons and armor in the crowded halls, leaving the fight above decks to those who have already been battling. There simply isn't enough space for everyone to rally at once.
______
H10 Zombie on Teladon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 (miss)
Captain Brevin on E6 Zombie: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 (miss)
E6 Zombie on Captain Brevin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 (miss)
D10 Zombie on Marcellano: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 (hit)
+ Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
______
Current Placement
Active Zombies (5): E6, E10, H10 (badly injured), D10, F10
Active Crew (1): G10 (will be moving to H9 on his turn)
Dead Crew: E9 (dead), E8 (dead)
Captain: F5
Ar'Zarrcal: G5
Marcellano: E11
Teladon: H11
Rasso: G11
Styvanius: One move action away from getting on deck
Talavuc: One move action away from getting on deck.
Fenyx: Will be in F11 on his initiative pass.


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Oooh, I'm gonna walk around deck in no armor! Hmmpf. Rasso sees Marcellano getting eaten, and decides to aid the sailor. In a moment of inebriated indecision he first lashes out with a claw at the zombie fighting Teladon, seeing it's close to being put down. His feeble effort connects with nothing but air, as he turns to jam his left claw into the belly of one of the zombies on Marcellano. Ka-claw!

Lunging past the undead writhing on his pincer, Rasso's long neck propels flashing jaws towards the zombie directly in front of the chelish marine. His shark like teeth are aiming straight for its neck.
____________________________
Claw Attack on Zombie in H10 (power attack): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Claw Attack on Zombie in F10 (power attack): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Bite Attack on Zombie in E10 (power attack): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
End position unmoved, G11
Unsure if the 14 hit, so I left the bite description vague. Feel free to embellish it.
Current AC 17


Rasso's wild attacks create a flurry of action on the deck. While his first swing misses the target engaged with Teladon, it does serve to drive the zombie backwards into one of the ship's surviving crew. That sword-wielding pirate steps into a flanking position pinning the elven zombie between he and Teladon. When Rasso pushes it back, he thrusts forward and drives his short sword through the back of the zombie's head, the point of the blade forced out of its mouth.

Ripping the blade out, the Ulfen pirate pushes the still staggering corpse forward to collapse down at Teladon's feet, the brand of light crackling on its brow still visible.

As Rasso moves to his next target, huge claws rend through pulpy flesh with ease, pulling muscle and flesh from bone as if the zombie were boiled pork just out of the stew-pot. The rake of clws doesn't drop the creature, but it does spin it around and drive it back from Marcellano. The latter bite sinks deep into zombie flesh, but the piercing shark-like teeth simply don't have the same effect on pulpy, rotten flesh as they do the living.

Furthermore, the taste is revolting and will stick with Marcellano for the rest of the day at the back of his throat.

At that moment, a chill pulse of dimming light radiates outward across the ship from the representative of Shalast, Fenyx as he finally makes his presence known aboard the ship. With that psychic urge and channeling of fel energy, one of the zombies jerks and twitches as if lashes by puppeteer's strings, then turns towards Fenyx and bows its head subserviently.

_____________
Crewman on H10 Zombie: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 2 = 24 (flanking;hit; critical threat)
+ Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 2 = 15 (flanking, crit confirmed)
+ Critical Hit Damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4) + 2 = 8 (-5 DR
H10 Zombie Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 (pass)
E10 Zombie Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 (pass)
D10 Zombie Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 (fail, commanded)
_____________
Fenyx has successfully commanded the zombie in D10.
Current Placement
Active Zombies (4): E6, E10 (slightly wounded), D10 (COMMANDED), F10 (badly wounded)
Active Crew (1): H9
Dead Crew: E9 (dead), E8 (dead)
Captain: F5
Ar'Zarrcal: G5
Marcellano: E11
Teladon: H11
Rasso: G11
Fenyx: F11
Styvanius: One move action away from getting on deck
Talavuc: One move action away from getting on deck.


Male Dwarf Cleric (Forge-Master) / 3 Mythic Guardian 1

The heavy warhammer fell from Az'Zarrcal's grip to clatter on the icy deck at his feet. He had struck a blow that should have broken a living man's neck, but against the undead standing before him it was a useless gesture. Though his magic still lingered on the rope, his mastery of that magic informed him that it would be futile to attempt the same trick once more. With desperation in his eyes the dwarf searched wildly about until his gaze fell upon the unused battle-axe hanging from a loop at the captain's belt.

"Kaptein, to akser er bedre enn ett."Ar'Zarrcal said simply and then yanked the weapon from the larger man's belt. He had expected the weapon to feel awkward in his hands, for he had no recollection of ever practicing with one, but as soon as his hands curled around it the axe felt as natural to him as a warhammer.

Skald:
"Captain, two axes are better than one."

With a snarl, the Thassilonian herald seized the battle-axe within both his hands and began to circle around the walking corpse. His lips curled down into a deep sneer as he swept the weapon around with all the strength he could muster. Yet the icy surface of the deck and the swaying of the ship hindered his strike. Being lower to the ground than the captain, he directed his strike toward the Zombies legs, hoping to cut the body down to a more manageable size. Yet inwardly he knew that even if the weapon felt natural to him, the situation did not.

Five foot step: F6
Move Action: Draw weapon
Standard Action: Attack the Zombie with Battle-Axe
Battle-Axe Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
End Location: F6


You short-changed yourself 1 point on the attack (not that it helps). You have +1 from BAB at level 2, and +1 from 12 Strength.


Female Human (erutaki) Druid (arctic) 3 / Guardian/Hierophant 1

Talavuc rushes up the staircase leading to the deck, the evening sun providing illumination similar to that below deck amongst the lanterns and rowdy ulfen. A sudden gust of wind whips her, the wind blowing snow into her face and stinging her eyes while the cold drops of melting snow provide a familiar sensation, reminding her of her homeland. A quick scan of the deck reveals the extent of the boarding, but as she looks at the undead, a bit of relief rises in her. Not the same. These poor people are not the same as the ones in my homeland. The sight of the dead crewmen reminds her of the seriousness of the situation and she chides herself for feeling relief. It is not the time for such things.

She raises an eyebrow at the bowing zombie and stabs with her spear at the other in front of the chelish marine. Her arms pull back for a moment, snapping forward with the power of a two-handed thrust, aiming at the zombie's throat. The largely ineffectual attack causes her to reassess for a moment, and she steps back onto the aftcastle to consider another route of attack.
_____________________
Assuming that she comes out on the map at D11
Move Action: Head for the main deck
Standard Action: Attack Zombie at E10
Attack Roll - Piercing: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Free Action: 5 ft step back to E12


Normally you can't take a 5'-step after a move action, but since the move action you took this round is more of a special action tax to get into combat I'm going to let it work. Also you got to use the term 'aftcastle' :D

Liberty's Edge

Stats
Spoiler:
  • HP 25/25
  • AC 20( T: 12/ FF:16)
  • Fort + 4|Ref + 2|Will + 2
  • Init + 2
  • Perception +1

Styvanus moves up the stairs and past Rasso, taking in the chaos of the deck, however his trained eye noticed that it seemed to be a dwindling chaos. The world's gone to hell and here I am without my armor. He criticized himself as an afterthought, bringing his readied shield in front of his face as a reflexive barrier between himself and a waterlogged, barely standing corpse. Like routine however, he did his best to steel himself against the gruesome reality and delivered a prodding blow to the zombie. The blow slid off the icy carcass of the zombie but he managed to keep his shield at the ready, seeking to make up for his lack of armor. "Come at me!" He shouted encouragingly to the mindless undead.
__________________________________________________________________
Emerging at G10

-Move Action to G10

-Standard Action Fighting Defensively Attack on Zombie F10
Shield Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Swing and a miss, but +2 to AC this round for 16 total

Dark Archive

Male Chelish Human Fighter 1/Gunslinger 2/Guardian 1
Stats:
HP 39/39; AC 19, Flat Footed 17, Touch 12; CMD 19; Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +3

"Aaaaaggh, you sodding son of a-", Marcellano yells as he is bitten again. "You think your pathetic bite'll stop me? This is nothing! Its but a flesh wound! I've had worse!" With fury born of pain and anger, Marcellano takes his cutlass and brings it down on the zombie that bit him with everything he has, intending on endings its miserable unlife.
_____________________________________________________

Standard Action: Two-Hand Attack with Cutlass [Power Attack] Zombie at E10
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Free Action: Continues yelling at Zombies
End Location: E11


ROUND II RECAP
Giving a muffled grunt of pain from behind his steel engraved mask, Teleadon reflexively pulled his sword arm back, ripping several teeth out from the mouth of the waterlogged elven zombie. Grimicing behind his mask, he watched as the pale skinned human who Teladon had previously seen at the Golden Aerie grabbed up a battleaxe near to him and swung it with a bone crunching force down onto a nearby zombie. In the detached, logical part of his mind Teladon gave a nod of appreciation. The man was a brute, that much was clear, but he wasn’t lacking in skill. Across the deck, Teladon could also make out the form of the rune-scarred dwarf and the ship’s captain putting up a fight, but the rest of the crew didn’t seem to be fairing so well.

Taking a half step back Teladon focused his anima and murmured the 3th invocation of combustion. Completing the spell, his black blade of elven heritage began to sizzle in the snow and give off waves of heat. Raising the blade in a salute, Teladon lunged forward, bringing the heated blade down in a two handed grip. Striking down, his blade struck the elven abomination causing her flesh to sizzle and blister and an black elven rune for Rejection to appear on the woman brow. Bringing the blade down in follow through, Teladon half-heartily lashed out a second time. Completing his sword form, Teladon stepped back, looking at the woman. Such a waste Teladon thought, fighting back the sadness that all elves had felt since the destruction of so many of their people. Truly, such a waste.

Teladon's blade cleaves deeply into the elven zombie and splits her from clavicle to sternum, leaving a fissure of dead gray flesh and dark blood drooling with murky seawater. Despite the grievous injury, the creature continues to move, barely held together by insatiable hunger, inescapable cold and inhuman rage.

Fortunately for Teladon, his second sword-strike, while not solid enough to cut into her flesh, nimbly wards her branded face from getting close enough to secure another flesh-rending bite. The blow keeps the staggering creature at bay for now.

Across the ship, captain Brevin watches Ar'Zarrcal's warhammer do nothing but cause the zombie they battle to stumble about. Using Ar'Zarrcal's attack as an opening, the Captain swings his axe horizontally across the zombie's mid-section. This time, though, the captain loses his footing on the ice-slicked ship deck, his swing lashing out and striking the ship's railing leaving a notch of missing wood after its passing.

Over-extending himself as he did, the captain finds the zombie he attacked lunging in with sudden alacrity and urgency, a drowned groan bubbling up from rotten lips as jagged, yellow teeth are revealed. Swinging his axe back up, the captain smacks the zombie square in the jaw with the flat back-end of the axe, knocking its gnashing maw away. "I'll not be your dinner!" The captain bellows as he keeps the creature back.

Across the ship, Marcellano finds himself surrounded by the flesh-eating creatures, no matter how fast he seems to dispatch them. One of the zombies closest to Marcellano simply lunges forward with a hungered groan of pain,rising up from the leg of one of the crewmen, his calf muscle still in his mouth. It closes the distance too quickly for the Chelish soldier to withdraw, and without his armor he finds the foul creature finding both easy purchase with its waterlogged limbs on his shoulders, and then no resistance when it sinks its teeth into the side of his neck by his shoulder.

This time the creature pulls skin away, leaving a large toothy mark and a spray of blood between its jaws. The creature, so close, reeks of decay and brine and Marcellano can feel the unearthly cold of its near frozen body and see the desperation and pain in its murky eyes.

Two of the other zombies, smelling fresh kills, rise up from the crewmen they were devouring and jerk their heads towards Marcellano. Moving into loping gaits, these two near frozen corpses begin shambling towards he and Rasso, gurgling up blood, flesh and water in a brown vomit.

Below decks, the rest of the ship's crew still struggles to get their weapons and armor in the crowded halls, leaving the fight above decks to those who have already been battling. There simply isn't enough space for everyone to rally at once.

Oooh, I'm gonna walk around deck in no armor! Hmmpf. Rasso sees Marcellano getting eaten, and decides to aid the sailor. In a moment of inebriated indecision he first lashes out with a claw at the zombie fighting Teladon, seeing it's close to being put down. His feeble effort connects with nothing but air, as he turns to jam his left claw into the belly of one of the zombies on Marcellano. Ka-claw!

Lunging past the undead writhing on his pincer, Rasso's long neck propels flashing jaws towards the zombie directly in front of the chelish marine. His shark like teeth are aiming straight for its neck.

Rasso's wild attacks create a flurry of action on the deck. While his first swing misses the target engaged with Teladon, it does serve to drive the zombie backwards into one of the ship's surviving crew. That sword-wielding pirate steps into a flanking position pinning the elven zombie between he and Teladon. When Rasso pushes it back, he thrusts forward and drives his short sword through the back of the zombie's head, the point of the blade forced out of its mouth.

Ripping the blade out, the Ulfen pirate pushes the still staggering corpse forward to collapse down at Teladon's feet, the brand of light crackling on its brow still visible.

As Rasso moves to his next target, huge claws rend through pulpy flesh with ease, pulling muscle and flesh from bone as if the zombie were boiled pork just out of the stew-pot. The rake of clws doesn't drop the creature, but it does spin it around and drive it back from Marcellano. The latter bite sinks deep into zombie flesh, but the piercing shark-like teeth simply don't have the same effect on pulpy, rotten flesh as they do the living.

Furthermore, the taste is revolting and will stick with Marcellano for the rest of the day at the back of his throat.

Footsteps even and stride long, Fenyx continues making his way up from below deck. Just steps away from his destination, the necromancer pulls up the hood of his robes, cloaking most of his face in deep shadow as he makes his grand entrance. He emerges onto the deck of the ship, the freezing winds whipping his trailing garments about wildly as he rises from a half stooped position to his full height in defiance of the oppressing frigid gusts. Such a pity to spoil such a fine night on this paltry lot. The necromancers eyes seize the myriad threats seeking to sup on the bodies of those who would bear he and his companions to their destination.

Through a brief, bored grimace, he calls out firmly and evenly, "Мртвите може да се зголеми и мртвите може да падне. Уште поважно, на мртвите може да служи." He fixes the frozen, waterlogged dead with a stern gaze before shouting angrily, "Obey!"

At that moment, a chill pulse of dimming light radiates outward across the ship from the representative of Shalast, Fenyx as he finally makes his presence known aboard the ship. With that psychic urge and channeling of fel energy, one of the zombies jerks and twitches as if lashes by puppeteer's strings, then turns towards Fenyx and bows its head subserviently.

The heavy warhammer fell from Az'Zarrcal's grip to clatter on the icy deck at his feet. He had struck a blow that should have broken a living man's neck, but against the undead standing before him it was a useless gesture. Though his magic still lingered on the rope, his mastery of that magic informed him that it would be futile to attempt the same trick once more. With desperation in his eyes the dwarf searched wildly about until his gaze fell upon the unused battle-axe hanging from a loop at the captain's belt.

"Kaptein, to akser er bedre enn ett."Ar'Zarrcal said simply and then yanked the weapon from the larger man's belt. He had expected the weapon to feel awkward in his hands, for he had no recollection of ever practicing with one, but as soon as his hands curled around it the axe felt as natural to him as a warhammer.

Styvanus moves up the stairs and past Rasso, taking in the chaos of the deck, however his trained eye noticed that it seemed to be a dwindling chaos. The world's gone to hell and here I am without my armor. He criticized himself as an afterthought, bringing his readied shield in front of his face as a reflexive barrier between himself and a waterlogged, barely standing corpse. Like routine however, he did his best to steel himself against the gruesome reality and delivered a prodding blow to the zombie. The blow slid off the icy carcass of the zombie but he managed to keep his shield at the ready, seeking to make up for his lack of armor. "Come at me!" He shouted encouragingly to the mindless undead.

Talavuc rushes up the staircase leading to the deck, the evening sun providing illumination similar to that below deck amongst the lanterns and rowdy ulfen. A sudden gust of wind whips her, the wind blowing snow into her face and stinging her eyes while the cold drops of melting snow provide a familiar sensation, reminding her of her homeland. A quick scan of the deck reveals the extent of the boarding, but as she looks at the undead, a bit of relief rises in her. Not the same. These poor people are not the same as the ones in my homeland. The sight of the dead crewmen reminds her of the seriousness of the situation and she chides herself for feeling relief. It is not the time for such things.

She raises an eyebrow at the bowing zombie and stabs with her spear at the other in front of the chelish marine. Her arms pull back for a moment, snapping forward with the power of a two-handed thrust, aiming at the zombie's throat. The largely ineffectual attack causes her to reassess for a moment, and she steps back onto the aftcastle to consider another route of attack.

"Aaaaaggh, you sodding son of a-", Marcellano yells as he is bitten again. "You think your pathetic bite'll stop me? This is nothing! Its but a flesh wound! I've had worse!" With fury born of pain and anger, Marcellano takes his cutlass and brings it down on the zombie that bit him with everything he has, intending on endings its miserable unlife.

Reeling from the pain, Marcellano's cutlass only glances off the zombie's brow leaving a hairline slice in its pulpy flesh.
 
 
 
 
 
     << Encounter: "The Tired, Hungry and Poor" | Round III | Hazards: Icy Ship Deck | Encounter Map: The Red Wraith >>
 
 
 
 

Current Placement
Active Zombies (4): E6, E10 (slightly wounded), D10 (COMMANDED), F10 (badly wounded)
Active Crew (1): H9
Dead Crew: E9 (dead), E8 (dead)
Captain: E5
Ar'Zarrcal: F5
Marcellano: E11
Teladon: H11
Rasso: G11
Fenyx: F11
Styvanius: G10
Talavuc: E12
_____________
Google Docs Map Version: Here


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Spitting the disgusting taste of undead from his mouth Rasso growls "I. HATE. ZOMBIES!" before going full out on the undead standing right in front of him. He attempts to jam both claws into its ribs to hold it still for him to bite its head off.
___________________________________________
Claw on Zombie in F10 (Power attack): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Claw on Zombie in F10 (Power attack): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Bite on Zombie in F10 (Power attack): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
End position unchanged. If it goes down from the claws, I'll shift the bite to the zombie in E10.


Female Human (erutaki) Druid (arctic) 3 / Guardian/Hierophant 1

Looking over the deck, Talavuc utters a prayer to the heavens, "Пас, чуј моју позив! Благослови нас уз присуство једног од ваших слугу!"

Erutaki:

Dog, hear my call! Bless us with the presence of one of your servants!

She pulls a sprig of holly and mistletoe wrapped together and begins to trace ancient symbols in the air, feeding the gathering power.

_____________________
So you're right. Man, I can't believe I missed that. Also, I use "aftcastle" a lot since I'm running two S&S games. :)
Full Round: Casting summon nature's ally I by sacrificing magic fang


Sin Mage (Gluttony) 3
Stats:
HP 22/22; AC 11, Flat Footed 10, Touch 11; CMD 11; Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +4; Initiative +1

Fenyx raises his left hand towards the zombie he now has control of without turning to regard the creature directly. "Devour," he commands coolly, indicating the zombie Marcellano is still struggling with.

The necromancer then steps back as far as the deck will accommodate and raises his hands before him, the subtle beginnings of a dweomer with guarded gestures. His hands stop suddenly and he points a long, slender finger towards the zombie near the prow of the ship that currently occupies the captain and Ar'Zarrcal. As the wizard utters the word, "анатема," a thin ray of white light leaps from his finger tip and soars across the ship deck.

____________
Ordering the Zombie in D10 to move behind (E9) and attack the Zombie in E10 - I'll make the roll here for it, but if you wish to handle that yourself, disregard the roll and I'll avoid making further actions in such situations.
D10 Zombie on E10 Zombie: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 *** Forgot to include a +2 flanking bonus, but I think it missed either way.
Cast Defensively (DC 15): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Standard Action: disrupt undead on E6 Zombie 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 vs. touch


Male Grey Elf (Fey) Magus 3/Champion/Archmage 1 AC 16/12/14/ HP 30/30 / F +5 R +3 W +3 (+9 vs cold weather) / Init. +2 / Perc. +9 / Mythic 3/5)

Downing the elven zombie with a remorseful blow, Teladon glances up from his grizzly work and looks around the deck. Seeing only four of the restless dead still assaulting the ship, the elf does a quick evaluation. They can’t much longer He thinks, while quickly considering his options with his detached logic. Deciding a course of action the magus takes several careful steps on the slippery deck, sacrificing speed for stability as he moves towards the pale human man that has already taken several grievous blows. Taking advantage of the zombie’s mindlessness he steps up behind it putting him in the best possible position to land a blow. Raising his sword in a two handed grip, Teladon brings it swinging down onto the abomination.

MA: Move to F10
SA: Attack zombie at E10: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 = 25
Attack Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7
Possible Crit: Confirm: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9
Attack Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8


Having closed the distance, Teladon's eldritch-fueled blade cleaves down deep into the carcass of the rotting human, cleaving through most of the side of its head and jaw. The momentum of the blade sends the zombie's body sprawling to the floor, the noise of wet suction accompanying some of the blackish-gray morass of rotten flesh in what remains of its skull sliding out onto the deck.

Across the ship in the forecastle, Captain Brevin lets out a mad laugh as he hefts his axe back up over his head and brings it down towards the obese corpse staggering towards he and Ar'Zarrcal. The zombie lunges forward at the same time, slamming into the captain, his axe slicing a wide cut across the zombie's cheek and through the side of its jaw, shattering rotten molars.

"You thrice-damned fat sack of-- " the captain screams before the fat zombie's mouth presses against his face. The cursing turns to screaming as blood runs down the side of the captain's face, and as he pulls away from the zombie he leaves a piece of his cheek dangling from its jaws, a large bloody patch of raw flesh exposed where its teeth had sunk in and found purchase.

Back on the midship, the remaining zombie by Marcellano seems unattracted to the goading of Captain Rozier, instead it continues to launch itself at the injured meal that fights back. Lunging in at Marcellano again, the zombie finds its path blocked by the Chelish soldier's forearm. As its forced back, the creature's jaws open and its teeth dig into Marcellano's forearm, blood oozing through the fabric of his sleeve and pain shooting up into his shoulder and down to his fingertips.

Just as soon as it looks like the zombie is going to try and tear Marcellano's arm out of the socket, its ripped away, up into the air and then down onto the deck as Rasso's hulking form rends it limb from limb in a flurry of slashing claws. As the eidolon-bound, monstrous-looking merfolk turns his sharklike visage towards the zombie controlled by Fenyx's necromantic arts the creature seems ready to turn and join the fight by the captain. Instead, Rasso's claws dig inches into its back and yank it over, followed by a saw-toothed bite on its neck, the rending sound of tearing flesh and the zombie's tooth-marked head rolling to a halt at Fenyx's feet.

When Rasso's eyes flick over to the zombie still engaging Ar'Zarrcal and the captain and his muscles tense in preparation to attack it, a pale beam of gray-white energy rockets forth from Fenyx's extended hand accompanied by an eldritch invocation. As the beam strikes the bloated corpse, it burn away flesh and bone into a fine white powder with searing force, turning the edges of the affected area a fiery orange color. The creature lurches forward, then is pushed backwards down the stairs by the captain.

Head over heels, the fat zombie rolls and tumbles, huge chunks of its body coming off in charred portion that turn into windborn particles of white ash. By the time it hits the midship, most of its body has been reduced to fine powder and the rest an unmoving heap of scorched flesh and bone cleansed by the ray of positive energy.

With the last zombie destroyed, Captain Brevin clutches one hand at his face and lets out a bellowing litany of curses in Skald that ring out over the water.

...soon joined by the bark of a golden-furred hound at Talavuc's heels, tail wagging, and an excitedly looking up at the Erutaki woman with hopeful expectance.

A little late, though.
 
 
 
 
 
  << COMBAT RESOLVED | XP Award: 200xp per character >>
 
 
 
 
 

____
Aaand combat is over! Some notes:
@Rasso: Moved some of your attacks around due to the order zombies died in. I had him finish off Fenyx's controlled zombie since I knew Fenyx's ray was going to kill the one on the stairs.
@Fenyx: Totally fine by me for players to roll for their charmed/domianted/summoned things. I'll correct if I see any miscalculated rolls or just give you a stat block/reference if its a complicated creature.
____
Captain on E6 Zombie: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 (hit)
+ Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
E6 Zombie on Captain: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 (hit)
+ Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
F10 Zombie on Marcellano: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 (hit)
+ Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


From below decks, wary crew members begin creeping out once the sound of combat fades. Eyes wide and horrified at the carnage before them, they approach in slow, uneasy movements. Two members of their crew -- members they had served with for years -- now lay dead and dismembered on the deck of the ship. The shock has only just set in.

They will be thankful in the hours to come for the abundance of Andoran liquor stowed away in the cargo hold.


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

Rasso immediately runs back to his cabin, and grabs his bottle of rum. Returning to deck, he takes a large swig before swishing it around in his mouth and spitting it over the railing. Zombies....why did it have to be zombies? After the rinsing is complete, he drinks a good quantity of the remaining liqour.

Walking up to the captain he says, "Hold still sir. I'll heal yer wound." Snapping his claws into the fully open position, he draws a small vial of clotted blood from a pouch at his waist using his hands. Dipping a single finger inside, he dabs a dollop out. Assuming the captain allows him, he will burble a brief spell in Aquan before smearing the blood over the captain's worst wound.
______________________________
Totally cool on the attacks. That's what I prefer :)
Casting infernal healing on the captain if he'll let me.


Male Dwarf Cleric (Forge-Master) / 3 Mythic Guardian 1

With the captain wounded, Ar'Zarrcal asked him in his native Ulfen tongue whether he wished for him to bandage and clean the horrid wound the zombie opened up on his face.

He quickly went down to his cabin, moving as quickly as his legs could carry him. Though he was not prone to making friends, he did find the captain both tolerable and useful. Furthermore the old seadog did not seem to hold the Andorran's idealism or knack for meddling in others affairs. It would be best to keep him alive.

Within his cabin he quickly grabbed up the small leather sachel that served as his healing kit. He really should have kept it on his person at all times, but the attack had caught him all together unprepared.

Since the strange abomination that was the Rasso-Eidolon sythesis took some time drinking, it seemed likely the Ar'Zarrcal reached him first with bandages and simple ointment. He also examined the wound, attempting to make certain that the bite left no lingering disease.

When Rasso stepped in with the use of magic the dwarf stepped aside, though the Sihedron rune upon his brow pulsed with a dim green light. Ar'Zarrcal raised one of his bushy brows at the use of such a spell. He did not think the Andorran's the type to employ magics they considered 'evil' and 'infernal'.

Once his work with the captain was done, Ar'Zarrcal would step toward one of the broken corpse bodies that had been the undead moments before, he studied it and then looked up in the direction of Fenyx. Perhaps his companion would have more information regarding why these corpses decided to stir and feast upon the crew.

The spellcraft is for Rasso's spell. The religion roll is to determine what I know about these undead and whether it makes sense for them to attack in such a way without being controled or guided by some other force. EDIT: I should have actually added another +2 to those healing checks due to the healing kit, but the rolls are above 20 anyway, so... probably not needed, though I think the captain might get more HP back, not sure.

Healing deadly wound: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Healing Treat Disease: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Dark Archive

Male Chelish Human Fighter 1/Gunslinger 2/Guardian 1
Stats:
HP 39/39; AC 19, Flat Footed 17, Touch 12; CMD 19; Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +3

"Hrrm. Guess I'll go patch myself up, then." Marcellano, with pieces of his forearm, shoulder, and neck bitten or ripped off, heads below deck, a trail of blood following him along the way. He walks, blood trailing down his leg as if he had wet himself, to his private quarters, where he grabs his Healer's Kit and Surgeon's Tools in order to fix himself up. While doing so, he also checks to make sure there are no infections, and that the blasted zombies didn't carry any diseases that they may have spread to him.
______________________________________
Heal To Check for Diseases: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 (+2 if my Trained Medic trait counts for checking for diseases, as well)
Treat Deadly Wounds: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 Fooey!

______________________________________

"Well, stopped the bleeding at least.. better check with the Captain to see when we'll be landing, so I can get myself some rest. Not like these fools seem to want to offer me any magical aid.. might have to quafe one of those elixirs, even."

Finally staunching the bleeding to the point where he can walk without leaving a trail, he heads back updeck to find the captain and ask him when we're due to reach our destination.

He does his best to look like he's fine. Its but a flesh wound. I've had worse.


First levels: 2/4; THP:17/21; HP:43/43; MP:4/5
Stats:
HP:43 THP:21 / AC 17/21, T 11, FF 16 / Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 / Perception +2 / Initiative +3

"Want some?" Rasso asks the marine when he approaches the captain after stitching his wounds, offering him a finger full of congealed devil's blood.
_______________________________
I was planning on healing Marcellano next. Just thought the captain was more important. Both because Marcellano is Chelaxian, and because he's not the captain.

Dark Archive

Male Chelish Human Fighter 1/Gunslinger 2/Guardian 1
Stats:
HP 39/39; AC 19, Flat Footed 17, Touch 12; CMD 19; Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +3

"Take a hit of Devil's Blood eh? What do you think I am, some kind of blood-addict?" He makes a chuckle, coughing up a bit of blood while he does so. "Heh, I'm kidding. I know the spell.. and I'm surprised one of you Andorans knows it. Figured you'd be against a spell created by someone in Cheliax, that uses devil's blood to boot. Our mages would use it often back in the Shackles.. so aye, I'll take a hit or two. Did a crap-s*%! job at fixing myself up it seems. Guess this'll teach me to go walking around in my jimmies eh? " Marcellano wipes the blood from his mouth, as he waits for the dose of devil's blood.
____________________________
The captain got a tooth to the cheek, while I got my neck, shoulder, and arm bit deeply into. At least I know you guys care. -_- lol

Guess I need to make sure I'm more self-sufficient..


Captain Brevin looks unconcerned with whatever weird paste it is Rasso is applying -- coppery smell of clotted fiend blood or not -- as long as it remedies the shooting pain lancing through his face. Letting the merfolk apply the blood and channel the regeneration of fiends into his body, the captain curses out his crew for missing the attack.

While Ar'Zarrcal studies the corpses, some of the crew come to stand around and stare in disgust at the creature's waterlogged remains. Though Ar'Zarrcal has noticed a unifying trend among them, in their physical forms. It isn't hard to notice, that all but one of them looks to be emaciated. Only the immensely obese one seems to have a substantial girth to him, but closer inspection of what remains of his body shows tooth and knife marks on his flesh.

All the puzzle pieces can't be put together without a full idea of where they came from, but these look like villagers of some town that succumbed to starvation and cannibalism, yet died anyway. Perhaps that's enough to have reanimated them with such a ravenous hunger and hatred, maybe someone animated them and directed them to attack, feeding off of their innate pain and suffering from life.

Right now, the answer isn't completely certain, but it's clear enough to be a grim reminder of the urgency of their mission.

"Collect the bodies" Captain Brevin shouts to his crew as he touches his healing cheek, feeling the tackiness of warm blood and the tenderness of sealing flesh. "We'll fill one of the keelboats and burn them together." They deserve as much goes unsaid, but the captain's tone of voice implies some measure of respect -- even to the ones that nearly killed him. This clearly wasn't his first time dealing with the undead.

"M'sorry for not telling you all before," the captain begrudgingly admits to those still above deck. "When we were moored at Falcon's Hollow, we were attacked by a group of these things. We had to cut the mooring lines and pull up anchor, we'd waited long enough for the knights to return..."

Shaking his head slowly, the captain gives a ginger touch to his cheek again. "Thought we killed 'em all. These blighters must have been clinging to the hull the whole damned time. Or maybe they were just coming downriver..." He draws in a sharp breath, then exhales slowly.

"Urgathoa's sagging teats this is not how I wanted to start this voyage," he mutters with a slow shake of his head. "We've got two more days before we reach Falcon's Hollow. I'll put more men on watch, this won't happen again."

After some time inspecting the injuries and the corpses, both Marcellano and Ar'Zarrcal are sure that the zombies did not appear to contain any sort of virulent diseases and once the physical damage that has been inflicted is cured, they will all be fine.

At least there's something to be gained from that.
_____

Fenyx: Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Fenyx:

Spontaneous reanimation does not happen lightly. Despite what Ar'Zarrcal may presume, it is highly unlikely that these villagers reanimated out of some emotional suffrage, especially in Andoran. Were this Ustalav it would be more plausible, but not here. Not now. The likelihood is that these things were animated by someone and left to roam free in Falcon's Hollow as a deterrent. Or, more likely, a warning.

______
DOWNTIME: You will have 2 days of downtime between here and Falcon's Hollow where the group can rest, recuperate and do any crafting they may desire. I will move the thread along tomorrow morning to the arrival at Falcon's Hollow and Ordrud's introduction to the party. In the meantime, feel free to RP on the ship and if you want/need to interact with the captain just let me know. I will be adding a post later today concerning a funeral for the deceased that will take place the morning after the attack, if you would like to assist/contribute in character let me know.

Dark Archive

Male Chelish Human Fighter 1/Gunslinger 2/Guardian 1
Stats:
HP 39/39; AC 19, Flat Footed 17, Touch 12; CMD 19; Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +2; Perception +7; Initiative +3

I will be taking two days of complete bedrest then, to regain some Hp. If someone would be willing to provide long term care, since I can't do it myself (Curses!), I'd greatly appreciate it, as i'd gain 16 hp instead of 8.

Since I will be resting, I won't be interacting with the crew or anything, unless said person providing care speaks with me.

Edit: I'm also going to be wearing my breastplate at all times, as I can sleep with it without penalty due to Endurance. :3

51 to 100 of 1,337 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ruins of Pathfinder: Reign of Winter All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.