RelicBlackOUTs Old School Modules

Game Master RelicBlackOUT

Modules:
Scourge of the Howling Horde
Barrow of the Forgotten King
The Sinister Spire
XP: 7,991/10,000

Loot

Marching Order:
Single file:
1-Del
2-Dalron (unless he's scouting ahead, of course)
3-Scarlet (unless he's scouting ahead, of course)
4-Bozvrig
5-Truffels
6-Barnabus
7-Lanliss

Double file:
1/2
3/5
4/6
7

Maps:
Scourge of the Howling Horde:
Mine Map

Barrow of the Forgotten King
Barrow of the Forgotten King Map

The Sinister Spire


1,051 to 1,100 of 3,470 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

with Arvel
’How do I explain this to an old family friend.’ Smiling at his old friend, Brunner explains in dwarven. ” Do cheart, tha a 'chuimhne naomh a' fuireach anns an teampall. Agus nam b 'fheudar dhomh a reic, cha bhiodh e ach do chuideigin a thuig a chudromachd. Ach chan urrainn dhomh càch a dhiùltadh tha e luachmhor, ma tha feum aca air. Cha b 'urrainn dhomh fuireach leam fhìn Ma dh'fheumamaid aon dhiubh a ath-bheothachadh agus nach b' urrainn dhuinn a chionn 's nach robh airgead againn. Torag deònach, bidh sinn a 'cosnadh barrachd, agus bheir mi an samhla mar mo ghearradh de na prothaidean. An uairsin tillidh mi e chun an teampall agus tillidh mi an sin e. Ach gus an uairsin, chan urrainn dhomh a bhith a 'cur an aghaidh a bhith a' cur an cèill an nàdur fialaidh gus mo mhiannan fhìn a choileanadh. Fiù 's ma tha iad an rud ceart a dhèanamh.” After he places the relic in Scarlet’s haversack, he turns and bids his friend goodbye. ” Cheerio th' noo auld mukker. Torag willin', we an' th' holy relic will return suin enaw.”

dwarven:
” Your right, the holy relic belongs in the temple. And if I were to sell it, it would only be to someone who understood its importance. But I cannot deny the others it’s value, if they need it. I could not live with myself If we had to resurrect one of them and couldn’t because we lacked the funds. Torag willing, we will earn more, and I will take the symbol as my cut of the profits. Then I will return it to the temple and leave it there. But until then, I cannot justify abusing their generous natures to satisfy my own desires. Even if they are the right thing to do.”
Kingsholm
’Well there it is, it will be good to sleep in a bed again,’ Stopping on the road, seeing the warm glow of lights just as dusk is beginning to set in, Brunner smiles a warm, worn smile. Nodding in responce to Barnabus"Peaceful enaw i'll warrant, ance we deliver these goods, i'll buy th' first roon.”


Is that what you really want to do?

By the time you arrive to Kingsholm it is well into the night. There are a few people walking the streets making their way home. You see lights coming from the homes that you pass, but the shops are closed with no light coming from it. Wondering around, you do find the Kingsholm General Store. Trying the door, it is locked. Looking around within the shops windows, you see a much more organized shop than Sten Goodseller’s Emporium.

As you were walking around you saw a large building with light coming from the main floor. Next to it is a stable. Approaching the building you see a sign swinging above the door; “Cornet and Cabbage Inn.”

Entering the Cornet and Cabbage Inn, you find this well lit main room rather empty. There is a man drinking at the bar who is half asleep and a man is adding another log to the fire in the fireplace. As you all enter he turns to the group and with a smile he welcomes you. “Welcome to the Cornet and Cabbage Inn! I know road weary travelers when I see them. What can I help you with? We have a little stew left from dinner, we have ale and wine, and we also have the most comfortable beds for miles. Oh, my name is Ian Turbrand this is my Inn.”


Elf Cleric of Desna 4 ~ AC 19 (t 13, ff 16) | F +3, R +4, W +6 (+2 vs. enchants) | Init +3 | Percep: 7 |BoL: 3/5 | channel: 1/4 | HP: 24/24

Before they enter the inn, Lanliss stops the others.

"As much as I like to give people the benefit of the doubt -- what an unusual human expression! -- we don't know much about this town, so I'm going to stay up and guard the wagon overnight so that we can be sure that there's nothing missing when we hand it over tomorrow. Please send out some dinner, and if anyone would like to relieve me at a certain point in the night, it would be most appreciated."

Lanliss works to stable the donkey (which he has named 'Señor Donksalot") and, if there's room, wheel the wagon out of sight into the stable.


Male CG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 25/26 | AC: 17 (13T, 14F) *+1 vs Traps | CMB +5 CMD 18/15F | Fort +2 Ref +7* Will +3 (Evasion, +1 vs Traps)| Initiative: +2 | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30' | Disrupt Undead 3/3 | Shield (2/2) | Active Conditions: -1 Wis

"I'll bring you something to eat Lanliss and relieve you later."

Scarlet walks into the inn. "Greetings. Will take a room, he pauses and looks back at the others, "should we share a room?"

He decides to let the others make the decision if they share a room or split up. "If you don't mind, I'm going to grab some of the stew to take outside to one of our companions. He'll be outside for part of the night before coming in. He'll bring back the bowl and mug when he comes in."

Not waiting for an answer, Scarlet goes to get Lanliss some stew and ale.


Is that what you really want to do?

Outside in the stable
Lanliss pulls the donkey and cart into the stables. As he does a young make sits up from the chair he was sitting in and sets down a book. Smiling at Lanliss; “Welcome friend! Are you spending the night at the Cornet and Cabbage Inn? If so, you are able to board your donkey here for free. I will even pull your cart over their to the clearing inside and it will stay out of the weather. The name is Thom. I’m the stable hand. Please feel free to see yourself in. Also, point out what bags you need brought in and I will see to it personally that they make it up to your room.”

Inside the inn
“Oh my friend, where are you going? Hahaha, I do believe that I can get your food from the kitchen. It is my establishment and all. Come on back around the bar and take a set. If you have a friend out there I am sure that Thom is already seeing to it that he makes it inside. No need to sit out there and not get a good nights sleep. So, there is five of ya? I have a few double rooms, single beds in them. Best I can do it three rooms, unless you want to share beds... thats none of my business. To each their own I suppose... Stew and ale for everyone?”


Elf Cleric of Desna 4 ~ AC 19 (t 13, ff 16) | F +3, R +4, W +6 (+2 vs. enchants) | Init +3 | Percep: 7 |BoL: 3/5 | channel: 1/4 | HP: 24/24

"Hello, Thom!" Lanliss hands over the reigns for Señor Donksalot. "Yes, my companions and I are making e delivery to Herron Hilltopple from Barrow's Edge. The general store isn't open, so I'm staying with the delivery until morning. You understand.

"So! Tell me about Kingsholm! I've never been here before!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Barbarian / 1HP 14 /14 Temp HP 2 / 2 AC 18 ( Touch 12 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +2 / CMB +4 | CMD 16 / Init +2/ Perception +5| Rage Rounds 12 / 12

Looking at Scarlet
"I Will Not Share A Bed,
Besides Barnabus kicks and mumbles something about giant rats when he sleeps."

Looking back at the inn keeper, Thom.
We will take the three rooms thank you, what will we owe you for the rooms and meals for five?
Do you know when the Kingsholm General Store opens? We have a delivery for them."


Into the City
in response to Lanliss
’cute little town, It still strikes me odd that humans would rather build above ground than dig deep where it’s safe out of the storms and such. Well, there is the general store we’re headed to, No surprise, the clerk has gone home for the night. We will need to watch over the goods until the morning.’ Walking beside the wagon, Brunner nods his head in agreement with Lanliss, looking at the others as he speaks. ” Human indeed! Yer reit mah elven mukker. as th' caretaker ay these goods we main sit a guard. Ah will come relieve ye an aw. We shoods sit uir regular watch, keepin' it wi' th' wagon.”
]moving inside
’Lanliss will see the wagon properly stored’ Seeing the wagon stowed in the barn, Brunner nods to the lad Thom, then heads to the tavern. ’He’s a good lad, our Scarlet, I’m glad we pulled him out of that alley he called home. He will turn into a fine young man.’ Smiling as Scarlet is the first to show concern for their priest, chuckling as the proprietor interrupts the burglar, insisting on portioning the food and drink himself. Almost bursting into a laughter as Dalron declares his unwillingness to share a bed with any, smiling to himself, ’I wonder if he would have been so quick to complain if Evia was still with us.’ Then facepalming when he tells the innkeeper about the valuable shipment sitting in the barn. ’Well I hope Ian Turbrand is an honest man.' He then watches the innkeeper for a moment, attempting to detect any evil in his heart. Brunner casts detect evil.

Sitting down at the bar, ’No need to not be polite.’ he nods politely to the dozing customer, then addresses the owner. ” A pleasure tae meit ye Maister Turbrain, mah eager friends ur reit, we will need scran fur fife an' beds fur fower, since we will be settin' a watch in th' barn. we hae bin tasked wi' guardin' th' goods, which we will dae until delivered at th' kingsholm general stair, Tommoraw.”


Male CG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 25/26 | AC: 17 (13T, 14F) *+1 vs Traps | CMB +5 CMD 18/15F | Fort +2 Ref +7* Will +3 (Evasion, +1 vs Traps)| Initiative: +2 | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30' | Disrupt Undead 3/3 | Shield (2/2) | Active Conditions: -1 Wis

Scarlet nods and lets the innkeeper get the food and ale, and to get this Thom to take some out to Lanliss. He sits next to Brunner at the bar and waits for the innkeeper to say the price so he can pull out the coins when needed.


Dwarf Evoker 4 | HP:35/35 | AC:16 FF:14 T:12 (mage armor) | CMD:14 (+4 trip/rush) | +3 +5 +5 (+dwarf)| Init:+2 Per:+7 | Force Missile 4/6

How much larger than Barrow's Edge is Kingsholm?

"I do ever not mumble in my sleep or otherwise." Barnabus tells Dalron.


Is that what you really want to do?

Barrow’s Edge is a Hamlet which ranges between 21-60 people. Kingsholm is a Small Town and the population is 1732. But this is info you wouldn’t know.

Lanliss & Thom in the stable
Thom’s eyebrows shoot up when you mention that you have a delivery General Store. “So are you a traveling merchant? We have them pass through time to time. Typically they are just stopping off here before moving onto a bigger city.” Thom goes and sits back down and pulls out two apples. “You want an apple?”

“Kingsholm? There’s not much to say... Oh, there is a great statue to the north. It is hard to get to. They say it is a statue of a great king. Not sure about it, they say it is older than out town.”

Inside of the Inn
Ian begins to get food and drink for those who asked for it. “It’s 2 gold a night, but that includes your meals and the boarding of your horses and any carts you brought for your deliveries. I have a stable hand out there all day and night, so that you don’t need to worry about anything going missing. We don’t have much crime in Kingsholm. So the four of you and one more outside still, that will be 15 gold a day.”

Thom places a few bowls of stew and mugs of ale ontop of the bar for those who asked. Turning towards Dalron, Ian continues. “The General Store opens up in the morning. Hergon generally stops off in here for breakfast at the....” Thom trails off as Brunner begins to move his hand in a rhythmic pattern as he says the incantation for his Detect Evil ability. Startled, Ian grabs a sword from behind the counter.

“Woah now! What are you doing?!?! I don’t want any funny business here.” Awakened by Ian’s shout, the drunken half asleep man that Brunner sat next to grabs ahold of him interrupting the casting. Pointing his sword at at Brunner “Who are you that you come into my establishment and begin casting spells about in my direction?”


Dwarf Evoker 4 | HP:35/35 | AC:16 FF:14 T:12 (mage armor) | CMD:14 (+4 trip/rush) | +3 +5 +5 (+dwarf)| Init:+2 Per:+7 | Force Missile 4/6

"Easy everyone...." Barnabus says, rising to his feet and taking a step back.


Elf Cleric of Desna 4 ~ AC 19 (t 13, ff 16) | F +3, R +4, W +6 (+2 vs. enchants) | Init +3 | Percep: 7 |BoL: 3/5 | channel: 1/4 | HP: 24/24

Paladins can use detect evil as a spell-like ability, which means it's all mental. "A spell-like ability has no verbal, somatic, or material component, nor does it require a focus." I love that you're thinking through the often looked-over consequences of player actions, though!"

SLA link

GM RelicBlackOUT wrote:

Lanliss & Thom in the stable

Thom’s eyebrows shoot up when you mention that you have a delivery General Store. “So are you a traveling merchant? We have them pass through time to time. Typically they are just stopping off here before moving onto a bigger city.” Thom goes and sits back down and pulls out two apples. “You want an apple?”

“Kingsholm? There’s not much to say... Oh, there is a great statue to the north. It is hard to get to. They say it is a statue of a great king. Not sure about it, they say it is older than out town.”

Lanliss takes an apple and bites into it with gusto. Around a mouthful of apple, the elf responds, "That could be. The world has been around for a long time before most human settlements. I'd like to see the statue before we go. Just to see it."

Another bite, another mouthful of food. "My friends and I aren't merchants. We travel. Often, people need something done that's less dangerous for us to do than them, so we take jobs that help people. This delivery came from Barrow's Edge, where we helped the town deal with overly aggressive goblins. It turns out, the goblins were just afraid of a baby dragon!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Is that what you really want to do?

Well.... lol. I thought it was only SU that didn’t. Well that could have been interesting. What follows is what REALLY happens then.

Inside of the Inn
Ian begins to get food and drink for those who asked for it. “It’s 2 gold a night, but that includes your meals and the boarding of your horses and any carts you brought for your deliveries. I have a stable hand out there all day and night, so that you don’t need to worry about anything going missing. We don’t have much crime in Kingsholm. So the four of you and one more outside still, that will be 15 gold a day.”

Thom places a few bowls of stew and mugs of ale ontop of the bar for those who asked. Turning towards Dalron, Ian continues. “The General Store opens up in the morning. Hergon generally stops off in here for breakfast in the morning just before sun up. I am sure you could catch him then, or if you sleep in he will be at his shop then.”

Lanliss & Thom in the stables
At the mention of a dragon Thom stops eating his apple and raises an eyebrow. “You saw a dragon? That’s amazing. Are you all adventurers? Man oh man, what is life like out on the road? I can only dream about it...


Elf Cleric of Desna 4 ~ AC 19 (t 13, ff 16) | F +3, R +4, W +6 (+2 vs. enchants) | Init +3 | Percep: 7 |BoL: 3/5 | channel: 1/4 | HP: 24/24
GM RelicBlackOUT wrote:

Lanliss & Thom in the stables

At the mention of a dragon Thom stops eating his apple and raises an eyebrow. “You saw a dragon? That’s amazing. Are you all adventurers? Man oh man, what is life like out on the road? I can only dream about it...

"Adventurers? I guess we are. Me, personally, I just like to travel. I'm a cleric of Desna." Lanliss holds up his holy symbol for the boy to see. "Brunner likes to travel, too, but for different reasons. Barnabus and Scarlet would be more at home in a library or a large city, respectively, I think, but they travel out of necessity. I'm not sure why Dalron roams. But we all recognize that it is much safer and more enjoyable to travel with companions. It can be dangerous, especially if you encounter man or beast that is not welcome in civilized lands.

"Don't feel bad about your lot in life, young Thom! You are one of the people that make Kingsholm a place worth traveling to!"


Male CG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 25/26 | AC: 17 (13T, 14F) *+1 vs Traps | CMB +5 CMD 18/15F | Fort +2 Ref +7* Will +3 (Evasion, +1 vs Traps)| Initiative: +2 | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30' | Disrupt Undead 3/3 | Shield (2/2) | Active Conditions: -1 Wis

Scarlet reaches into his cloak, where the bag of holding is hidden and pulls out 10 gold coins and 50 silver coins. Putting them on the table in front of the innkeeper. "There we go."

Pulls from Group Funds.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Barbarian / 1HP 14 /14 Temp HP 2 / 2 AC 18 ( Touch 12 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +2 / CMB +4 | CMD 16 / Init +2/ Perception +5| Rage Rounds 12 / 12

So I don't get to try out the new bow on the inn keeper right now, ok

"I am sure there is nothing to worry about anything going missing, but this is our first job with Mistress Sten and we want to make sure everything goes off without a problem. So at least one of us will be with cart at all times, I am sure you understand."


I just realized that Brunner hadn't asked.

'Early, is better, we will then be able to figure out our next job. Watching as Scarlet pays the innkeeper from the group funds and seeing the stew and brew being distributed, Brunner raises a hand, "Early works weel fur me, gonnae gie-us a servin' ay th' stew an' ale, an aw?"


Is that what you really want to do?

Hey sorry all about my absence yesterday, busy day and a few family things were happening. Nevertheless, the show must go on!

Lanliss & Thom

“Life here is a bit boring. Working overnight in a stable isn’t as great as it might seem. Yeah you get to meet some interesting people, but nothing really goes on in this town.” Thinking to himself “How did you get started in adventure.... i mean traveling?”

Inside with Ian

Ian takes the coins from Scarlet, smiling and nodding. He places a bowl and mug in front of Brunner. Brunner does not detect any evil from Ian, or the drunken man he sat next to.

Looking at Dalron as he says who their employer is. “Sten, Sten Goodseller? She’s got you guys hiking all over the place doing deliveries? She is always finding ways to get out of deliveries. I think she is more interested in finding good deals instead of selling.” Chuckling, Ian continues. “Oh man, I remember taking a trip back with her to Barrow’s Edge. It seemed like I could hardly move in her shop it was so packed. Then again, I’m sure there was enough room for a halfling...”

Taking a rag and wiping off a few dribbles from the mugs of ale; “Is there anything else I can do for you this evening? I know you all have been traveling for a while to get here and probably want to get some sleep.” Placing three keys on the counter. “You have rooms four, five, and six on the second floor. Like I said, we have the best beds for miles. Hergon will be here before first light for breakfast just incase you want to catch him here.”

Barnabus, Brunner, Dalron, and Scarlet make their way to the rooms. Opening the door you find that all three are very similar. Walking in you find two beds straight ahead of you on either side of a single windowed room. At the foot of each bed is a foot locker with a padded lid, made for storage and sitting. Along the entry wall you find a small desk and chair with a unlit lamp on it. The rooms would be dark without the light pouring in from the hall way.

Outside, Thom will talk your ear off all through the night if allowed. You get the sense that he has to stay awake during his shift and some company makes the night go by. Whoever is out there through the night will find the evening rather uneventful.

I am not sure if the party wants to catch Hergon in the morning at the Inn or not. If they do, it will be hard to share the load because not everyone will get the full eight hours of sleep needed. If the party wants to stay with the belongings in the stable and take shifts so everyone can sleep then it will take longer. That being said, only two people are needed to keep watch because by the time the third shift comes along it will almost be morning and Hergon will be having breakfast. It is up to you all what you want to do.


Elf Cleric of Desna 4 ~ AC 19 (t 13, ff 16) | F +3, R +4, W +6 (+2 vs. enchants) | Init +3 | Percep: 7 |BoL: 3/5 | channel: 1/4 | HP: 24/24
GM RelicBlackOUT wrote:
Hey sorry all about my absence yesterday, busy day and a few family things were happening. Nevertheless, the show must go on!

No worries.

GM RelicBlackOUT wrote:

Lanliss & Thom

“Life here is a bit boring. Working overnight in a stable isn’t as great as it might seem. Yeah you get to meet some interesting people, but nothing really goes on in this town.” Thinking to himself “How did you get started in adventure.... i mean traveling?”

Lanliss shrugs. "I couldn't find anything specific that interested me. I picked up a few things, here and there," the elf gestures to his bow, "but even among elves we're expected to eventually decide on an occupation or a calling. Wandering from place to place as I did, I was eventually noticed by some priests of Desna, who convinced me that as long as I was already following Desna's calling, I might as well study a bit and make it official!

"I believe it was the easiest proselytizing those priests ever did!" he says with a chuckle. Lanliss spends the remainder off his watch asking Thom questions about his family, friends, and life in the town, and answering similar questions that Thom may ask.

GM RelicBlackOUT wrote:
I am not sure if the party wants to catch Hergon in the morning at the Inn or not. If they do, it will be hard to share the load because not everyone will get the full eight hours of sleep needed. If the party wants to stay with the belongings in the stable and take shifts so everyone can sleep then it will take longer. That being said, only two people are needed to keep watch because by the time the third shift comes along it will almost be morning and Hergon will be having breakfast. It is up to you all what you want to do.

That's fine. Lanliss will stay up talking to Thom, even if nobody comes to relieve him. We don't have to roleplay it. If any of the others encounter Hergon in the morning, they can hitch up the wagon and take it to his shop, and Lanliss (or whomever relieves him) can go and get a few hours of sleep. Looking it up just now, I see that Pathfinder's rules on how much daily rest is required is vague, but I think it's common for a person to get little sleep for one night without issue. It's your call, of course.)

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Barbarian / 1HP 14 /14 Temp HP 2 / 2 AC 18 ( Touch 12 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +2 / CMB +4 | CMD 16 / Init +2/ Perception +5| Rage Rounds 12 / 12

After dropping his pack on one of the beds. He tells the rest of the group that he is going out to the barn for the first watch.

In the barn
Laniss go in and get something to eat. I can take fist watch on the wagon.
Seeing the lad there
Hello I am Dalron, whats your name?

When the kid asks about adventuring. Dalron talks about the dangerous side to it giving examples from the last adventure but making everything far more dangerous than it was. He never mentions that Scarlet gets injured, in fact Dalron makes Scarlet the savior in most cases.

There was this one time that Brunner,that grumpy dwarf I was telling you about, got attacked by a spider almost the size of that mule there. Well poor Brunner fought valiantly but still got bit by the spider. Luckily Scarlet with his fancy sword and foot work exterminated that spider and preformed so amazing healing aid to Brunner in drawing out most of the poison. And you know what, that poison still weakens Brunner to this day. I would not say and thing about this around Brunner since he is so grumpy and prideful. But if you do see Brunner try and help him as much as you can. He may say no, but that is his pride talking.
Yup, that young Scarlet is the glue that keeps our group going, a true walking hero.

Yes I think its time for young Scarlet to be looked at like a hero


Male CG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 25/26 | AC: 17 (13T, 14F) *+1 vs Traps | CMB +5 CMD 18/15F | Fort +2 Ref +7* Will +3 (Evasion, +1 vs Traps)| Initiative: +2 | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30' | Disrupt Undead 3/3 | Shield (2/2) | Active Conditions: -1 Wis

After filling his belly he goes to the rooms assigned to them and the plops down on the bed, sleeping in his cloths like he use to do when he was your typical street thief.

He'll sleep until it is time for him to take his shift guarding the cart.


Dwarf Evoker 4 | HP:35/35 | AC:16 FF:14 T:12 (mage armor) | CMD:14 (+4 trip/rush) | +3 +5 +5 (+dwarf)| Init:+2 Per:+7 | Force Missile 4/6

"I hate to be a bother, but I need a full night's sleep to maintain my magics." Barnabus tells the others before sacking out and starting to snore.


in the inn
’The stew is tasty, I wonder if he cracks the bones so the marrow can sweeten the broth…well that sounds like our Sten, the Innkeeper seems ok … I may as well get some shut eye.’ Satisfied that the innkeeper isn’t probably up to no good, Brunner enjoys his stew, sipping the ale slowly. He smiles and nods as Ian describes their employers and her shop. Nodding at Dalron as he heads out he tells him, ” Dalron, be a guid laddie an' hae Scarlit wake me when his watch is ower. at sunrise Ah will come in an' s@$+! wi' thes Hergon fellaw. “

Finishing his meal, he heads to bed early. Enjoying the soft bed and clean sheets. Snoring peacefully waiting for his watch to come.
However we move this along, when Hergon gets here, Brunner will come inside and speak with him.


Dwarf Evoker 4 | HP:35/35 | AC:16 FF:14 T:12 (mage armor) | CMD:14 (+4 trip/rush) | +3 +5 +5 (+dwarf)| Init:+2 Per:+7 | Force Missile 4/6

Barnabus kicks, tosses, and mutters something about rats in his sleep.

Stoat, his weasel familiar, seems to chase prey in his dreams, his little paws twitching as if running.


Is that what you really want to do?

For those who did not keep watch morning comes rather quickly. Ian was not kidding about the fact that he has the more comfortable beds in miles... he also is the only town in miles but he doesn’t add that fact into his saying. For those who kept watch over their equipment it was rather an uneventfull night. Thom talked your ears off and it seemed as if he was very appreciative of having someone to talk to during the night. The conversations was wide in content and never ending.

Whoever is keeping the second watch sees a halfling fellow whistling and making his way towards the in just before the sun cracks its first rays over the hillside. The tune he is whistling is upbeat and joyful tune, possibly overly happy for anyone who might not have gotten enough rest.

Inside the Inn
Whenever anyone comes inside or downstairs to the main eating room within the inn they see a halfling man sitting on a box ontop of the bar stool. He is chatting it up with a young lady behind the counter. “.....well I’ve never seen the likes of that before, but I will keep my eyes out for just a dress. Why don’t you give me a little spin love, so I can get a visual of your measurements.”[/i] The young lady behind the counter gives a smile and a spin, holding her dress on the sides as if she is going to give a courtesy.[/i]


Dwarf Evoker 4 | HP:35/35 | AC:16 FF:14 T:12 (mage armor) | CMD:14 (+4 trip/rush) | +3 +5 +5 (+dwarf)| Init:+2 Per:+7 | Force Missile 4/6

Barnabus wakes, combs out his beard, and descends to the common room.

"Good morning to you." he tells the innkeep.

"Best sleep I've had in ages, most comfortable bed I've slept in since I was back at the school."

"Eggs, bacon, and a jack of ale if you please." he orders breakfast.


Spending the last watch, politely chatting with the stable boy, Brunner notices the halfling whistling halfling head into the Inn. Waiting for Thom to finish his thought, Brunner, stands and announces, "Yer a guid laddie, Thom. thenk ye fur yer company. Ah noticed uir contact, Maister Hergon gang intae th' inn fur breakfest. Ah will gang s@$#$ oddly this is supposed to be 'speak' but the spelling turns out to be a derogatory word used to describe someone of a Hispanic background. I didn't want you all to think Brunner would curse.tae heem, sae we can conclude uir business. hae a guid morn Thom." Nodding politely to the boy, he picks up his hammer, tucking it in his belt, and moves toward the in.

'Well, that's an odd sight this early in the morning.' Stepping into the inn just as the waitress is spinning about for the seated halfling. Brunner walks in, sitting beside the halfling, nodding to the waitress as he gestures toward Barnabus, "Ah will hae whit he is havin' miss.'

Breakfast ordered, he turns to the Halfling offering his hand and asks. "Micht ye be Maister Hergon? Ah am Brunner Hammerfell th' laddies an' Ah waur hired by Sten Goodseller tae deliver a cart ay goods tae ye. When we arrived lest forenicht yer shop was closed an' th' guid innkeeper tauld us ye woods be hear thes morn. When we ur aw finished wi' uir breakfest shaa we conclude th' delivery an' uir business?"


Male CG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 25/26 | AC: 17 (13T, 14F) *+1 vs Traps | CMB +5 CMD 18/15F | Fort +2 Ref +7* Will +3 (Evasion, +1 vs Traps)| Initiative: +2 | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30' | Disrupt Undead 3/3 | Shield (2/2) | Active Conditions: -1 Wis

Scarlet comes bounding down the stairs when after he wakes up, seeing Brunner sitting next to a Halfling. Figuring that is their contact, he sits opposite of Brunner of the Halfling.

"Greetings." he smiles at the Halfling. "I'll have what they are having." he directs toward the waitress.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Barbarian / 1HP 14 /14 Temp HP 2 / 2 AC 18 ( Touch 12 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +2 / CMB +4 | CMD 16 / Init +2/ Perception +5| Rage Rounds 12 / 12

Dalron strolls on down to the table. and haves a seat.
"Aw breakfest, the most important meal of the day."


Elf Cleric of Desna 4 ~ AC 19 (t 13, ff 16) | F +3, R +4, W +6 (+2 vs. enchants) | Init +3 | Percep: 7 |BoL: 3/5 | channel: 1/4 | HP: 24/24

Lanliss wanders down a bit later wiping the sleep from his eyes. He'll have an apple and a glass of watered down cider while he listens to the conversation.


Is that what you really want to do?

The young lady behind the counter takes everyones order as they arrive and rushes off to get everyone breakfast. Eggs, sausage, and biscuits. Fruit is available for those who specifically ask for it.

Whispering under his breath to Bruner “If she didn’t see me as half a man I would marry that young lady.” Flashing a grin and a wink to Brunner, the halfling speaks up. “I am not sure about that master stuff, but I am Hergon. So, the lovely Sten has sent you to do her busy work. Glad that she sent you, sometimes she gets goin every which way. Why don’t you head on over there after we finish breakfast.”

Hergon takes a big bite of his eggs and sausage. Speaking with a mouthful. “Whats in the shipment.? I do believe that she made a trip to her village and picked me up a crate of some halfling leaf. I do enjoy a good pipe tobacco. What about you my friend?”

Conversation continues on as every enjoyed their meals. A bit of time goes by and you begin to hear commotion come from the back room. As the young bar maid comes through the door you see Ian talking to a female humanoid who is fully armored. They are in a worried conversation.

Perception DC 15:
“ What do you mean the Yurlings are missing? They were here for lunch yesterday before they went to see.....” The voices trail off before you can hear anymore of the conversations as the doors close.


Dwarf Evoker 4 | HP:35/35 | AC:16 FF:14 T:12 (mage armor) | CMD:14 (+4 trip/rush) | +3 +5 +5 (+dwarf)| Init:+2 Per:+7 | Force Missile 4/6

Barnabus looks suspiciously at any fruit that is presented.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

His eye's narrow as he hears the armored woman discussing trouble.

When the food arrives, he asks the lady "Have you been having trouble here in town?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Barbarian / 1HP 14 /14 Temp HP 2 / 2 AC 18 ( Touch 12 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +2 / CMB +4 | CMD 16 / Init +2/ Perception +5| Rage Rounds 12 / 12

Talking to Hergon,
"We thought it would be not right to rummage through Sten's items. So we don't know what is in the cart. Come to think of it Sten still owes my friend Scarlet some cloaks.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Still talking to Hergon
"Who's the walking tin can?"


Male CG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 25/26 | AC: 17 (13T, 14F) *+1 vs Traps | CMB +5 CMD 18/15F | Fort +2 Ref +7* Will +3 (Evasion, +1 vs Traps)| Initiative: +2 | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30' | Disrupt Undead 3/3 | Shield (2/2) | Active Conditions: -1 Wis

Perception DC15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Scarlet keeps quiet about want is in Sten's card but smirking at himself while not saying anything. He then starts eating as he observes the armored woman and a brief bit of their conversation.

"Seems trouble might be brewing."


Sorry about the late post, Paizo was down

Watching the interaction between Hergon and the serving girl, Brunner nods, "Aw ye can dae laddie is prove 'er wrang, but eventually ye need tae teel 'er hoo ye feel." At the mention of pipe tobacco, he smiles, "I've bin knoon tae enjoy a pipe, aw things in moderation reit."

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
'That can't be good.' Seeing the armored woman and hearing that someone may be missing, Brunner nudges Hergon, "Now's yer chance laddie, ask whit th' concern is, teel them ye hae a troope in yer employment 'at can help."


Is that what you really want to do?

As Brunner nudges Hergon to speak up, his eyes perk up but quickly begins to stumble across his words. She looks at Hergon, but then back towards Barnabus as he ask if there is trouble in town. “That....? Oh, umm no just a few people went up to visit the gravesite of the wife’s recently passed father. They aren’t back, but thats no bother. I am sure they took a rest, it is a short journey to the cemetery...”Quickly turning she darts towards the door.

Hergon speaks up. “Oh my, what in the world happened there... uh what? The walking tin can?” He looks through the door as the waitress passes through and sees what you are talking a bout. You see Ian talking to a heavily armored woman, along with Thom. Who is now pointing in the direction of the party. “Oh, she is Mia Desarna. She is the captain of the guard.” As the door begins to shut, you see Mia turn and look towards those within view of the door as she focuses her eyes on you all.

Hey all. Sorry for the absence. I was at the last camp of the summer and halfway through the WiFi went out and I had no signal to check back in. Hope all is well, good to go. No more summer camps.


'There you go just a little self conf... well, that didn't work out.' Resisting the urge to facepalm, Brunner watches the waitress duck out. Looking toward the woman as Hergon explains who the woman in armor is. 'Captain of the guard, whispering information, that's never good.' He looks from the woman back to Hergon. 'I probably should handle this myself. If he's afraid of the waitress, our captain here would just about make him wet himself.' Brunner hops off of the bar stool, moving toward the captain and the innkeeper. Ignoring the fact that he is walking through the Inn's kitchen, he approaches the Captain, reaching his hand out. "Ah am Brunner Hammerfeel. mah associates an' Ah ur guardin' a shipment, tae Maister Hergon. Ah hiner th' laddie Thom did nae spreid onie wild stories causin' ye tae come make sure waur nae trooblemakers."


Is that what you really want to do?

As Brunner passes behind the bar and through the door into the kitchen he walks pass the young lady behind the bar and even past Ian as he tries to stop him from going further into the kitchen.

Ian speaks up; “Mr Brunner, please come back to the front and enjoy your breakfast...” Ian trails off as you walk past him to talk to Mia.

As you begin to introduce yourself Thom perks up until you get to the point about Thom spreading wild stories. “Oh no I wouldn’t do that...” Thom is cut off by Mia raising her hand and holding a finger up effectively pausing Thom’s rebuttal, then Mia looks at the well armored Dwarf.

“Brunner, my name is Mia Desarna. I am the captain of the guard and leader of the sentinels. Young Thom here was just informing me on the deeds you and your companions accomplished back in Barrow’s Edge. Tales of slaying a dragon and killing off a goblin tribe all in the effort to save Barrrow’s Edge. At first I assumed that you were a bunch of traveling merchants that wants to sell their overpriced goods because they were “magical items” that helped slay a dragon. Thom is a good lad, but a bit gullible. Seeing you here now, you look capable.”

Turning towards Thom; “Thom, why don’t you head on home and get some rest. You worked last night, right?” Thom reluctantly nods and makes his way out the back door. Waiting until the door closes, Mia then continues.

“You said you were guarding a shipment for Hergon. I take it that you are all mercenaries? We could have an issue that I would not like to get out among the villagers. There is a family that made their way up to the cemetery to visit a recently passed family member. The only problem is that they should have been back later in the day. I sent a pair of my sentinels to go investigate and they have yet to return. It could be something, it could be nothing. But my gut isn’t sitting well as I think this whole thing over.”

“I would send more of my men but if my gut feeling is right, I don’t want to send them. I will pay your group to go up and check in on what is going on at the cemetery, check in on the Yurling family, and check in on my sentinels. Once you discover what is going on, you report directly back to me and no one else. As I said, it could be something but it could also be nothing.”

“I will give you fifty gold to each of the members of your party for doing this job, discreetly...”

Mia extends her hand out to shake on the deal, almost as if she isn’t giving you an option to not take the job.


Dwarf Evoker 4 | HP:35/35 | AC:16 FF:14 T:12 (mage armor) | CMD:14 (+4 trip/rush) | +3 +5 +5 (+dwarf)| Init:+2 Per:+7 | Force Missile 4/6

Barnabus watches Brunner get up and approach the innkeeper and armored woman. He sees them enter into some conversation.

He strains to hear what is going on.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

But can't make out anything over the noise in the inn.

"Blast these middle-aged ears of mine...." he grumbles.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Barbarian / 1HP 14 /14 Temp HP 2 / 2 AC 18 ( Touch 12 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +2 / CMB +4 | CMD 16 / Init +2/ Perception +5| Rage Rounds 12 / 12

Still sitting he watches Brunner make his way into the kitchen to captian of the guard. Dalron turns his bow on the table to make it easier to grab if trouble starts.

Dalron tries to make out what is being said
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Whispering so he can still hear if any thing is still said
"Master Hergon when would you like to to go and take a look at the cart to see what Sten had sent?
Brunner, I think might be getting us a job that might start soon.
Also do you know anyone in town that can add 'magic' to lets say weapons or armor?


Male CG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 25/26 | AC: 17 (13T, 14F) *+1 vs Traps | CMB +5 CMD 18/15F | Fort +2 Ref +7* Will +3 (Evasion, +1 vs Traps)| Initiative: +2 | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30' | Disrupt Undead 3/3 | Shield (2/2) | Active Conditions: -1 Wis

Scarlet watches Brunner approach and talk to the armored woman. He looks suspiciously at her, for various reasons.

Hearing from Dalron, that Brunner might be getting a job from the armored woman, he gives a sigh. He mumbles to himself, "I suppose a job is a job. But I don't trust her."


'Good, She's coming straight to the point.' After, politely ignoring Ian, and giving Thom a bit of 'the stink eye.' He shakes hands with the captain, and listens politely, "We chased some goblins it ay a mine. 'en Sten hired us tae brin' A coople ay items tae Hergon. but Ah hink we can help ye."

Nodding toward the dinning room, he begins walking back to his breakfast. "'main 'en, let's gang explain tae th' Laddies, Barnabus is stoaner ay hearin' an' will want tae ken."

"A fowk headed tae th' cemetery an' did nae return. th' keptin sent a coople ay officers tae check oan them, th' officers huvnae returned either." He pauses for a moment looking at the team.

"Th' keptin wants us tae investigate." turning to the Captain, he nods toward Scarlet. "Scarlit thaur handles th' bunsens, gab tae heem abit payment."

He nods to Ian "While Ah finish mah breakfest."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Barbarian / 1HP 14 /14 Temp HP 2 / 2 AC 18 ( Touch 12 Flat 16) / Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +2 / CMB +4 | CMD 16 / Init +2/ Perception +5| Rage Rounds 12 / 12

Giving the captain a smile before speaking,
"Greetings my name is Dalron, I am the party's tracker. And I have a few question first, like for starters how many people are we talking about for the family that went up? And on that note what race are they? Human, dwarf, halfing, etc.? It helps to know for what prints I am to look for. Was the family liked in town?
Is there any legends about the cemetery, like if someone robbed a tomb the undead would rise until what was taken was put back.
Has the town been attacked or raided by anything like wolfs, bears or anyone lately?
Do people go to the cemetery often? Have you had any issues at the cemetery before?


Is that what you really want to do?

Hergon snaps back to reality after dropping the ball with the waitress. “Oh yes, my goods! You said they were in the stables? I will lead them to my shop and get everything unloaded. Stop on by if you need anything. There isnt anyone here with the skill to enchant equipment like you are asking. Nevertheless, be sure to stop by my shop!” Hergon takes his leave and exits the inn.

Mia listens to Dalrons questions and waits to respond. “The family that went are the Yurlings. The mother and father are Desiree and Morgan. The daughter is Tyra. They are human. They were liked by most everyone in town. They own a Rage farm on the prairie just south of Kingsholm. Legends of the cemetery? Most of those are just nonsense children’s stories of the likes that Thom would spread. There are wolfs and bears in the woods, but none that attack unless you are near their dens or pups and cubs. People go to the cemetery often. Usually visiting their family members or there are those that try to make way to the Forgotten King. It is a giant statue to the north of the cemetery.”

Pausing for a moment for any other questions... “Are there any other questions?”


Dwarf Evoker 4 | HP:35/35 | AC:16 FF:14 T:12 (mage armor) | CMD:14 (+4 trip/rush) | +3 +5 +5 (+dwarf)| Init:+2 Per:+7 | Force Missile 4/6

"I think I remember reading something about this Forgotten King."

knowledge(history): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

"Why do people come to visit his statue?"


Elf Cleric of Desna 4 ~ AC 19 (t 13, ff 16) | F +3, R +4, W +6 (+2 vs. enchants) | Init +3 | Percep: 7 |BoL: 3/5 | channel: 1/4 | HP: 24/24

Lanliss continues to chew his apple and nods along to most everything that's been said. He knows that they'll be leaving soon, and the specifics being discussed don't really matter to him.

He is curious what a "Rage farm" is, though.


Is that what you really want to do?

At the mention of the Forgotten King, Mia rolls her eyes but still answers Barnabus’ question. “It’s just an old statue. People come and visit it and make up different stories about it. Some say he guards the graveyard, some say he was an evil ruler that enslaved his people, others say that he was a rich and powerful king that was laid to rest with all of his wealth... Whatever story you want to believe is fine by me. The only truth is that the statue is older than our village and is the oldest part of our cemetery.”

Don’t you know what a rage farm is? Its where the barbarians go to earn some extra coin.... no sorry about that. It was a typo. It should say Large Farm


Elf Cleric of Desna 4 ~ AC 19 (t 13, ff 16) | F +3, R +4, W +6 (+2 vs. enchants) | Init +3 | Percep: 7 |BoL: 3/5 | channel: 1/4 | HP: 24/24
GM RelicBlackOUT wrote:
Don’t you know what a rage farm is? Its where the barbarians go to earn some extra coin.... no sorry about that. It was a typo. It should say Large Farm

I figured it was a typo, thanks. I was envisioning a farmer pulling up a sprout and then going berserk until he drops the sprout into a cart, and then repeating the process.

"I'd like to see the statue after we find the villagers."

1,051 to 1,100 of 3,470 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM RelicBlackOUT Old School Modules All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.