Red's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master GM Fuzzfoot

Initiative:

[dice=Rene]1d20+8[/dice
[dice=Aurora]1d20+1[/dice
[dice=Tylur]1d20+4[/dice
[dice=Skarn]1d20+4[/dice
[dice=Cordwin]1d20+2[/dice


1,251 to 1,289 of 1,289 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Bard (Archaeologist) 5 | HP 36/ 36 | AC 14 | T 12 | FF 12 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +10 |

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Cordwin will let everyone know about bullet point 4

Oh! Don't forget about the disease that wiped out a whole slew of Foxgloves many years ago!


Male CN Male Human
Trackables:
Spells: Mage Armor, Bless x2, Ear-Piercing Scream, Shadowmind x2, Mirror Hideaway, Accursed Glare, Heroism | Fortune used on: X
Witch 5 HP 40/40 | Mage Armor AC 16 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 5

Local: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

As an adopted Varisian, René was well aware of the rumors his people had about Misgivings. He was even aware of the spat of trouble the Foxglove family had had with it, including his former hunting partner companion Aldern (who he felt reasonably certain had run off to follow Sabina). Nevertheless, he remained quiet as his companions showed of their own knowledge of the place. Best to be underestimated and all that.

"Place looks even worse than I woulda thought. Quick, everybody pet Hadley fer some good luck, so it don't go'n finally fall inna sea like it wants!" He quickly removed his tophat and bowed to let his companion pet the rabbit sitting on his head. That done, he stood back up again. "So how d'ya want ta approach th' place? We could go all direct-like 'n knock. But if these ghoulies really are comin' from 'ere, might want ta see if there's a side door or sommat and be all sneaky-like. I think that'd be my preferences. 'Sides, if Aldern is home, I'm sure he won't mind seein' me 'n' Cordy agin. Maybe check out th'old servant's quarters first?"

Guessing the burnt down servant's area is B1.


CG Male Dwarf Inquisitor 5 HP:60/60 AC: 22* TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 17 (21 vs Bull Rush, Trip +4 vs giants) | F+7*, R+2*, W+7*

Skarn listens to Rene before replying, "what strange company you keep. A mad rich man, living in a crazy old haunted house on the edge of the abyss?"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter Level 5 HP 51/51| AC:21| T:13 | FF:18| CMB: +7 | CMD:19 | Fort:+5 Ref:+3 Will:+2 | Init:+4 | Perc: +1 | Status:

"Perhaps the disease that wiped out the clan was actually the very thing that is now making these ghouls? We should head to the main building. No living thing would occupy that building in the state it is in."


Male CN Male Human
Trackables:
Spells: Mage Armor, Bless x2, Ear-Piercing Scream, Shadowmind x2, Mirror Hideaway, Accursed Glare, Heroism | Fortune used on: X
Witch 5 HP 40/40 | Mage Armor AC 16 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 5

René pointed to Tylur. "'xactly my point! No living thing would go there. And d'ya really want a ghoulie sneaking up behind us?"


Male Dwarf Bard (Archaeologist) 5 | HP 36/ 36 | AC 14 | T 12 | FF 12 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +10 |

Cordwin can see the logic in both avenues. Perhaps we should see if Master Foxglove is all right before we go sneaking around his property. He offers.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter Level 5 HP 51/51| AC:21| T:13 | FF:18| CMB: +7 | CMD:19 | Fort:+5 Ref:+3 Will:+2 | Init:+4 | Perc: +1 | Status:

Tylur nods and indicates for Cordwin to lead the way. "I will say that if Master Foxglove has not seen anything out of the ordinary we should be wary."


Male Dwarf Bard (Archaeologist) 5 | HP 36/ 36 | AC 14 | T 12 | FF 12 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +10 |

Cordwin will walk up to the front door and loudly knock!


Male CN Male Human
Trackables:
Spells: Mage Armor, Bless x2, Ear-Piercing Scream, Shadowmind x2, Mirror Hideaway, Accursed Glare, Heroism | Fortune used on: X
Witch 5 HP 40/40 | Mage Armor AC 16 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 5

Sighing as he's overruled, René hangs back and plays lookout as Cordwin goes to knock on the front door.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

The door remains unanswered. You try the knob briefly and find it is locked.


Male CN Male Human
Trackables:
Spells: Mage Armor, Bless x2, Ear-Piercing Scream, Shadowmind x2, Mirror Hideaway, Accursed Glare, Heroism | Fortune used on: X
Witch 5 HP 40/40 | Mage Armor AC 16 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 5

After a long pause of nothing happening, René approaches from his lookout position so he doesn't have to yell. "So, can we clear the servant's quarters? Or would ya prefer ta break in first? Though I reckon we might also want ta take a gander ta see if there are any other doors we might enter through."


CG Male Dwarf Inquisitor 5 HP:60/60 AC: 22* TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 17 (21 vs Bull Rush, Trip +4 vs giants) | F+7*, R+2*, W+7*

"I hesitate to say this, but I agree with René, let's check the small place first."


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

It's impossible to tell how many floors the outbuilding that stood here once had, for all that remains are the sooty, scorched stones of its foundation. To the east, a four-foot-wide stone well sits, partially collapsed, in the corner of the ruins.

A few sickly looking ravens are perched atop the foundation stones; they fly clumsily away as you approach.


Male Dwarf Bard (Archaeologist) 5 | HP 36/ 36 | AC 14 | T 12 | FF 12 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +10 |

Cordwin will check the ruins and then the well.

Nothing bad ever rises out of a well, right?

Perception (Ruins): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Perception (Well): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

It's pretty dark, looks like more than 60' deep. You don't notice much else, though.


Male CN Male Human
Trackables:
Spells: Mage Armor, Bless x2, Ear-Piercing Scream, Shadowmind x2, Mirror Hideaway, Accursed Glare, Heroism | Fortune used on: X
Witch 5 HP 40/40 | Mage Armor AC 16 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 5

"Well now, the question is, do we want ta break inta the house? Or do we think this here is the kinda place where they might have a secret entrance, mebbe at the bottom of a well? Now, anybody got rope? I only have about 50 feet, which I don't think will be enough." René begins tying his rope to something in preparation for climbing down.


CG Male Dwarf Inquisitor 5 HP:60/60 AC: 22* TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 17 (21 vs Bull Rush, Trip +4 vs giants) | F+7*, R+2*, W+7*

"I don't see the purpose in going down the well. I can tell you what's down there, water! That's what. That's why you dig the things."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter Level 5 HP 51/51| AC:21| T:13 | FF:18| CMB: +7 | CMD:19 | Fort:+5 Ref:+3 Will:+2 | Init:+4 | Perc: +1 | Status:

Looking in the direction of the well he heads over with Réne. Looking about the ground he looks for anything out of the sort.

Survival for tracks: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Perception for anything else: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

"The well's purpose might have been water once upon a time but it also means there might be some caves below where the water was being drawn from. These creatures shun light of any sort and down there is absolute darkness."

"Skarn you have the best eyes and catch anything hidden in the stone. I suggest we lower you first to make certain. I have no rope so we would only have Réne's."


CG Male Dwarf Inquisitor 5 HP:60/60 AC: 22* TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 17 (21 vs Bull Rush, Trip +4 vs giants) | F+7*, R+2*, W+7*

Skarn shakes his head vehemently. "I have neither wings, nor flippers. I can't fly the extra distance, and I can't swim in the water sure to be down there. No thanks. If you want to see what's down there, then you can go. I have an additional length of rope, and surely one of you can cast light on the end of it, so we can lower it down and see."


Male CN Male Human
Trackables:
Spells: Mage Armor, Bless x2, Ear-Piercing Scream, Shadowmind x2, Mirror Hideaway, Accursed Glare, Heroism | Fortune used on: X
Witch 5 HP 40/40 | Mage Armor AC 16 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 5

Taking Skarn's rope and tying one end of it together with his own, René takes out his everburning torch and proceeds to nimbly "climb" down the rope. Which is to say, he pretends to climb but actually uses his Flight hex.

Perception if needed: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Male Dwarf Bard (Archaeologist) 5 | HP 36/ 36 | AC 14 | T 12 | FF 12 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +10 |
Tylur wrote:
"Skarn you have the best eyes and catch anything hidden in the stone. I suggest we lower you first to make certain. I have no rope so we would only have Réne's."

My Ma and Da were good dwarven stock just like Skarn's were! Cordwin says rather indignantly.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

After fashioning a long enough rope to tie to René, the man fly-climbs down the well.

As you have guessed, he does find a hidden passage just above the water line.


CG Male Dwarf Inquisitor 5 HP:60/60 AC: 22* TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 17 (21 vs Bull Rush, Trip +4 vs giants) | F+7*, R+2*, W+7*

"What the? Now that's just stupid, you couldn't even use the thing during the rainy season! If that's your secret method of escape from the house, any invader worth their salt, would be drawing water from the well, and thus have it guarded. How could you get out? I don't understand humans!"


Male CN Male Human
Trackables:
Spells: Mage Armor, Bless x2, Ear-Piercing Scream, Shadowmind x2, Mirror Hideaway, Accursed Glare, Heroism | Fortune used on: X
Witch 5 HP 40/40 | Mage Armor AC 16 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 5

René called up to the others. "There's a passage down here. Y'all want ta hop on down an' take a gander where it leads? Or do I have ta haul my ass back up there?"


CG Male Dwarf Inquisitor 5 HP:60/60 AC: 22* TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 17 (21 vs Bull Rush, Trip +4 vs giants) | F+7*, R+2*, W+7*

Skarn yells down the well, "which way does it appear to lead?"


Male Dwarf Bard (Archaeologist) 5 | HP 36/ 36 | AC 14 | T 12 | FF 12 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +10 |

I don't mind taking a look! Cordwin offers as he starts climbing down.


Male CN Male Human
Trackables:
Spells: Mage Armor, Bless x2, Ear-Piercing Scream, Shadowmind x2, Mirror Hideaway, Accursed Glare, Heroism | Fortune used on: X
Witch 5 HP 40/40 | Mage Armor AC 16 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 5

"It goes that way! Might bend and turn fer all we know though," René unhelpfully answered.


Male CN Male Human
Trackables:
Spells: Mage Armor, Bless x2, Ear-Piercing Scream, Shadowmind x2, Mirror Hideaway, Accursed Glare, Heroism | Fortune used on: X
Witch 5 HP 40/40 | Mage Armor AC 16 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 5

René waited for Cordwin to climb down and then started walking down the tunnel.


CG Male Dwarf Inquisitor 5 HP:60/60 AC: 22* TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 17 (21 vs Bull Rush, Trip +4 vs giants) | F+7*, R+2*, W+7*

Skarn will join. Did we find a way to tie the rope off?


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Yes, you are able to secure the rope. As you all enter the well, the last person down notices a large collection of the sickly looking birds has gathered to watch you.

The tunnel does indeed lead toward the house.

Will update the map when I get back to main computer.


Male Dwarf Bard (Archaeologist) 5 | HP 36/ 36 | AC 14 | T 12 | FF 12 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +10 |

We will follow the tunnel to the house. Does it end in a door?


CG Male Dwarf Inquisitor 5 HP:60/60 AC: 22* TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 17 (21 vs Bull Rush, Trip +4 vs giants) | F+7*, R+2*, W+7*

We've found Zorro's lair!


Male Dwarf Bard (Archaeologist) 5 | HP 36/ 36 | AC 14 | T 12 | FF 12 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +10 |

Or the entrance to Bogeyland! [Babes in Toyland/March of the Wooden Soldiers reference]


Male Dwarf Bard (Archaeologist) 5 | HP 36/ 36 | AC 14 | T 12 | FF 12 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +10 |

@DM: Are you waiting for us or are we waiting for you?


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Waiting on me - apologies again. My main computer was down due to a failed hard drive and I am just getting back to basic functionality.

The tunnel leads about 20 feet into a larger cavern. This long cave stinks of rotten meat. The source of the horrific smell is readily apparent-a swath of carcasses is strewn about the floor of this place.

Perception:

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Cordwin: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
René: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Skarn: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 +2 stonework, +1 vs giants
Tylur: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Flying out of the darkness, a large bat swoops in, screeching in an unearthly tone. This creature might be undead... Roll a knowledge, religion for more information, or a knowledge, nature can tell you a little bit as well.

Everyone make a DC 16 Fortitude save or be stunned for 1d3 rounds.

Initiative:

Cordwin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
René: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Skarn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Tylur: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Bat: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Despite being surprised, you react quickly.
Round 1: (Bold may act)
René
Cordwin
Tylur
Skarn

Large undead bat


CG Male Dwarf Inquisitor 5 HP:60/60 AC: 22* TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 17 (21 vs Bull Rush, Trip +4 vs giants) | F+7*, R+2*, W+7*

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 +3 to identify creature abilities and weaknesses
Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 +3 to identify creature abilities and weaknesses

Fortitude: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Stunned: 1d3 ⇒ 1


Male CN Male Human
Trackables:
Spells: Mage Armor, Bless x2, Ear-Piercing Scream, Shadowmind x2, Mirror Hideaway, Accursed Glare, Heroism | Fortune used on: X
Witch 5 HP 40/40 | Mage Armor AC 16 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 5

Kn(Religion): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Kn(Nature): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Fort DC 16: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

René shuddered briefly at the creature's horrible screech. Shaking it off, he quickly pulled out his earplugs and shoved them into his ears even as he cursed the bat creature.

Evil eye the bat's to hit for 7 rounds. DC 15 Will save to reduce to 1 round.


Male Dwarf Bard (Archaeologist) 5 | HP 36/ 36 | AC 14 | T 12 | FF 12 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +10 |

Fort Save DC16: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Cordwin will take out his crossbow and try to hit the bat.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 2


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter Level 5 HP 51/51| AC:21| T:13 | FF:18| CMB: +7 | CMD:19 | Fort:+5 Ref:+3 Will:+2 | Init:+4 | Perc: +1 | Status:

fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
stunned: 1d3 ⇒ 2

The scream from the bat almost drops Tylur to his knees. Shaking his head he does his best to get a bearing on his surroundings.

1,251 to 1,289 of 1,289 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [GM Red] Rise of the Runelords - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.