Rannik's Carrion Crown

Game Master Patrick Levasseur


Maps


9,451 to 9,500 of 9,776 << first < prev | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | next > last >>

Stats:
HP 60/65, AC 28 touch 17, flat 22, CMD 24, F+4 R+12 W+6 (+11 vs ench); heavy crossbow +12 (1d10+1 19-20/x2) (pbs), sap +11 (1d6+1 nonl), +2 dagger +13/+8 (1d4+7 19/20/x2), SA 5d6, CMB +6, CMD 24, Init +11, Per +13
Human Rogue 9

Anna had been going through the pockets of the vicar once the pit had expired and the swarms disappeared.

However, she bolts up when she hears Andjela's name. "What?!?"

She races outside, eyes wide in astonishment. "Omigods, it's her..." she mutters as she stands frozen, amazed at seeing their old friend after all this time.


Stats:
HP 82/82 AC 25 touch 15, flat 20, CMD 27, F+9 R+12 W+8, +1 xbow +15 (2d8+1 19-20/x3), +1 elven curved-blade +14 (1d10+1 18-20/x2), dagger +13 (1d4 19-20/x2), CMB +9, Init +7, Per +5 Dhampir Paladin 8/Rogue 1

Andjela approaches with open arms, chiding. Or, the Whispering Way could be meddling with your mind, extracting memories and using them to bring your guard down.

We've seen the damnedest things haven't we? This is Sonny, and it seems fate has brought us all together to do something. Something that cannot be done without us, in this... Time.

She goes about giving hugs all around.


Female Aasimar Sensei-Four Winds Monk 2/Inquisitor 7
Stats:
HP 75/84 AC 23 (27 w/ Mage Armor) touch 21 (25), flat 20 (24), CMD 19, F+10 R+8 W+14, Temple Sw +14 (1d8+4 19-20/x2), Lg Bow +7, CMB +11, Init +8, Perc +18

"Meddling with our minds to bring our guard down? Let them try!!! We go down fighting." Danica reciprocates the warm affections.

"The Bright Lady shines upon us. Old friends and comrades are reunited to face the grandest of evils. It is great to have you by our side once more."

Danica offers her hand to Sonny "Well met Sonny. Any friend of Andeja is a friend of mine."


Male Elf Wizard 9
Stats:
HP 54/61 AC 15/19/23 (T= 15 FF= 11/15) CMD 27, +1 L Sword+8 (1d8+4/19-20/x2), Club+7 (1d6+3/20/x2) +1 Comp Long Bow (+2str)+10 (1d8+3/20/x3) F+7 R+6 W+9, +2 vs enchants INIT+10 Per.+21 CMB +12

Tolvan is glad to see the Paladin but he receives the embrace with caution. Andjela, we did not part on the best of terms. I know you live by a strict code but you cannot impose this code on the rest of us. We all must walk our own walk and choose our own path. I welcome you back to our group and believe we will need your strength but I cannot live my life to a Paladin's code...


Stats:
HP 60/65, AC 28 touch 17, flat 22, CMD 24, F+4 R+12 W+6 (+11 vs ench); heavy crossbow +12 (1d10+1 19-20/x2) (pbs), sap +11 (1d6+1 nonl), +2 dagger +13/+8 (1d4+7 19/20/x2), SA 5d6, CMB +6, CMD 24, Init +11, Per +13
Human Rogue 9

Anna squeezes Andjela in a tight embrace. When they separate, she gives her a push. Anna's face is full of hurt. "Why'd you leave! I almost-- We almost-- I mean, we could've..." She shakes her head, her reserves of anger fading. "Dammit." She hugs Andjela again.


Male Aasimar Cleric 9 | AC 23 T 13 FF 21| HP 66/66 | F +10 R +7 W +13 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Sonny smiles at the group and shakes Danica's hand. "It is good to meet you all. I have heard some good things about you all. I hope we are not to late to lend some assistance. There was a mess back in town. Something about murders taking [place."


As you greet Andjela and meet Sonny, Kimberly comes running out, followed closely by a blood covered Ananias. "The priest... His head just exploded... and he his standing up now!!" Kimberly seemed disturbed by that fact. "He's dead, but not an undead. There is a huge worm like thing where his head should be. Ananias is wiping the blood off his face when he looks up at the group. [b¸"I could use a hand in there."


Stats:
HP 82/82 AC 25 touch 15, flat 20, CMD 27, F+9 R+12 W+8, +1 xbow +15 (2d8+1 19-20/x3), +1 elven curved-blade +14 (1d10+1 18-20/x2), dagger +13 (1d4 19-20/x2), CMB +9, Init +7, Per +5 Dhampir Paladin 8/Rogue 1

Heavens! Chin up, Anna... looks like civil discussion will need to wait.

Let's go!

Andjela is ready to move.


Male Elf Wizard 9
Stats:
HP 54/61 AC 15/19/23 (T= 15 FF= 11/15) CMD 27, +1 L Sword+8 (1d8+4/19-20/x2), Club+7 (1d6+3/20/x2) +1 Comp Long Bow (+2str)+10 (1d8+3/20/x3) F+7 R+6 W+9, +2 vs enchants INIT+10 Per.+21 CMB +12

Feeling better about putting the priest down Tolvan moves back quickly. We have seen similar work things before. Part of the cult I believe.


Female Aasimar Sensei-Four Winds Monk 2/Inquisitor 7
Stats:
HP 75/84 AC 23 (27 w/ Mage Armor) touch 21 (25), flat 20 (24), CMD 19, F+10 R+8 W+14, Temple Sw +14 (1d8+4 19-20/x2), Lg Bow +7, CMB +11, Init +8, Perc +18

Assuming the baby is fine with Kimberly.

Danica begins to run back into the house with temple sword in hand.
"Andjela... welcome BACK to the front line. Sonny... welcome to the front line. The Bright Lady shines upon us today."


Stats:
HP 60/65, AC 28 touch 17, flat 22, CMD 24, F+4 R+12 W+6 (+11 vs ench); heavy crossbow +12 (1d10+1 19-20/x2) (pbs), sap +11 (1d6+1 nonl), +2 dagger +13/+8 (1d4+7 19/20/x2), SA 5d6, CMB +6, CMD 24, Init +11, Per +13
Human Rogue 9

Anna checks that her crossbow is loaded, then hustles back to fight the worm. Glancing at the blood covering Ananias, and realizing that she'd been going through the priest's pockets just moments before, she shouts over her shoulder to Andjela. "Okay, I owe you one already! But see what we've been dealing with?!?"


Male Aasimar Cleric 9 | AC 23 T 13 FF 21| HP 66/66 | F +10 R +7 W +13 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Sonny shakes his head, "Right into the fire I see! Let's go!" then then follows the others into the building.


You run back into the house and you see the decapitated body of the vizier walking toward you. Where a head should be instead lashes a forest of horrific, unnatural tentacles, whipping as though trying to simultaneously burrow deeper into and escape from its fleshy husk. For a dead guy, the body moves surprising fast as it charges toward you.

From outside, you hear Kimberly's voice. "I'll stay out here with the baby. I think she went through enough as it is."

Initiative:

Anna: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Danica: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Tolvan: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Ananias: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Andjela: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Sonny: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Tentacle corpse: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Anna, Danica and Tolvan you are up first.
Battle Map


Male Elf Wizard 9
Stats:
HP 54/61 AC 15/19/23 (T= 15 FF= 11/15) CMD 27, +1 L Sword+8 (1d8+4/19-20/x2), Club+7 (1d6+3/20/x2) +1 Comp Long Bow (+2str)+10 (1d8+3/20/x3) F+7 R+6 W+9, +2 vs enchants INIT+10 Per.+21 CMB +12

Acting first, Tovan tries to understand what the group is up against to better understand what force to use.

Knowledge (Dungeoneering, religion or planes): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25 Add +1 if the roll is nature and +4 if its Arcana.


Stats:
HP 60/65, AC 28 touch 17, flat 22, CMD 24, F+4 R+12 W+6 (+11 vs ench); heavy crossbow +12 (1d10+1 19-20/x2) (pbs), sap +11 (1d6+1 nonl), +2 dagger +13/+8 (1d4+7 19/20/x2), SA 5d6, CMB +6, CMD 24, Init +11, Per +13
Human Rogue 9

"So gross!" Anna yelps while bringing her crossbow up to shoot it, hoping to find a weak spot.

Ranged, pbs, vs ff: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 1 = 22
Damage, sneak: 1d10 + 2 + 5d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + (3, 2, 4, 3, 3) = 20


Female Aasimar Sensei-Four Winds Monk 2/Inquisitor 7
Stats:
HP 75/84 AC 23 (27 w/ Mage Armor) touch 21 (25), flat 20 (24), CMD 19, F+10 R+8 W+14, Temple Sw +14 (1d8+4 19-20/x2), Lg Bow +7, CMB +11, Init +8, Perc +18

Monster Lore (nature, planes, geography, arcane: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Monster Lore - making skill checks to identify the abilities and weaknesses of creatures.

Danica steps forward in order to meet the charge. She takes a slash at the creature with her temple sword.
Attack, Temple sword: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Damage, Temple sword: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Tolvan & Danica:

Though this is the first time you face this creature, you recongnize it to be a Spawning Canker. It will try to feed on people's essence (Cha damage) until it burst into Slugspawn in the hope of infecting other victims.

It is immune to mind affecting effect. It is fast (40ft move) and it has a good ability to avoid magical effect. (High saves) While it can take quite the punishment, it is relatively easy to hit. (High HP, low AC)

Anna and Danica both manage to hit the creature and inflict some damage. Not slowing down, the creature attack Danica with some good slams and tries to grab her with a tentacle. Danica almost manages to dodge all the attacks, getting hit by only one of the slams.

Ananias walks back toward the creature and attack it with his sword. He walks by the creature so that he can get in a good position, but in doing so, opens himself up for an attack by the creature. The attack hit him, but he ignores it and return one of his own. Sadly, Ananias attack hits the corpse, but inflict no damage to what is controlling it.

Slam: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Slam: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
Tentacle: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Slam AoO: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Scimitar: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 6 = 13

Initiative:

Round 1
Tolvan: Done
Danica: Done
Anna: Done
Tentacle Corpse: Done
Ananias: Done
Andjela: Up
Sonny: Up

Sonny and Andjela, you are up.

Battle Map


Stats:
HP 82/82 AC 25 touch 15, flat 20, CMD 27, F+9 R+12 W+8, +1 xbow +15 (2d8+1 19-20/x3), +1 elven curved-blade +14 (1d10+1 18-20/x2), dagger +13 (1d4 19-20/x2), CMB +9, Init +7, Per +5 Dhampir Paladin 8/Rogue 1

Back away from the fiend, she seems to almost gag... Before starting to whisper a prayer.

Motes of light gather and coalesce upon her crossbow, as if it's being bathed or painted in holy light.

Divine Bond - Holy weapon, Smite.


Male Aasimar Cleric 9 | AC 23 T 13 FF 21| HP 66/66 | F +10 R +7 W +13 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Sonny raises his holy symbol high and says "Oh great Dawnflower, bless these heroes against this abomination!" giving everyone a small boost against the creature.

Cast bless: +1 to hit and saves vs. fear


Female Aasimar Sensei-Four Winds Monk 2/Inquisitor 7
Stats:
HP 75/84 AC 23 (27 w/ Mage Armor) touch 21 (25), flat 20 (24), CMD 19, F+10 R+8 W+14, Temple Sw +14 (1d8+4 19-20/x2), Lg Bow +7, CMB +11, Init +8, Perc +18

The hit Danica takes begins to feed her resolve and she manages to shout out "This creature is quite durable and will take all our efforts to take it out."

Danica feels the warm familiar energy that bathes her. "The Bright Lady is with us!" With renewed purpose Danica calls on Sarenrae's blessing upon her temple sword. Bane - swift action.

Attack, Temple Sword, bless, bane: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 13 + 1 + 2 = 19
Damage, Temple Sword, bane, precise strike: 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (4) + (1, 6) = 16

Also using Judgment - Healing.
Healing: The inquisitor is surrounded by a healing light, gaining fast healing 1. This causes the inquisitor to heal 1 point of damage each round as long as the inquisitor is alive and the judgment lasts. The amount of healing increases by 1 point for every three inquisitor levels she possesses.

Current Status
AC 27 (w Mage Armor),
Bless,
Bane,
Judgment(Healing) - 2 hp per round.


Stats:
HP 60/65, AC 28 touch 17, flat 22, CMD 24, F+4 R+12 W+6 (+11 vs ench); heavy crossbow +12 (1d10+1 19-20/x2) (pbs), sap +11 (1d6+1 nonl), +2 dagger +13/+8 (1d4+7 19/20/x2), SA 5d6, CMB +6, CMD 24, Init +11, Per +13
Human Rogue 9

Noticing that it was getting crowded there in the abbey, Anna decides to take a different route to get to the monster. She races back through the courtyard and gets ready to slip through the window. As she moves, she lets her crossbow drop to the ground and she draws her dagger.

Before she goes through the window, she brings up her shield one more time.

[Ooc]I'm pretty sure we took care of the tick swarm, so that way should be clear, right?


Anna Dunsany wrote:

Noticing that it was getting crowded there in the abbey, Anna decides to take a different route to get to the monster. She races back through the courtyard and gets ready to slip through the window. As she moves, she lets her crossbow drop to the ground and she draws her dagger.

Before she goes through the window, she brings up her shield one more time.

I'm pretty sure we took care of the tick swarm, so that way should be clear, right?

I don't remember honestly and too lazy to look back, so I'll go with a yes, the swarm is gone.

Tolvan and Danica, you are up.


Female Aasimar Sensei-Four Winds Monk 2/Inquisitor 7
Stats:
HP 75/84 AC 23 (27 w/ Mage Armor) touch 21 (25), flat 20 (24), CMD 19, F+10 R+8 W+14, Temple Sw +14 (1d8+4 19-20/x2), Lg Bow +7, CMB +11, Init +8, Perc +18

I posted this before. Not sure if you want me to attack again so posting my latest action at the bottom.

Danica Quinn wrote:

The hit Danica takes begins to feed her resolve and she manages to shout out "This creature is quite durable and will take all our efforts to take it out."

Danica feels the warm familiar energy that bathes her. "The Bright Lady is with us!" With renewed purpose Danica calls on Sarenrae's blessing upon her temple sword. Bane - swift action.

Attack, Temple Sword, bless, bane: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 13 + 1 + 2 = 19
Damage, Temple Sword, bane, precise strike: 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (4) + (1, 6) = 16

Also using Judgment - Healing.
Healing: The inquisitor is surrounded by a healing light, gaining fast healing 1. This causes the inquisitor to heal 1 point of damage each round as long as the inquisitor is alive and the judgment lasts. The amount of healing increases by 1 point for every three inquisitor levels she possesses.

Current Status
AC 27 (w Mage Armor),
Bless,
Bane,
Judgment(Healing) - 2 hp per round.

Danica continues to strike at the creature.

Attack, Temple Sword, bless, bane: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 1 + 2 = 24
Damage, Temple Sword, bane, precise strike: 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (5) + (4, 2) = 16

Current Status
AC 27 (w Mage Armor),
HP 75/84
Bless,
Bane,
Judgment(Healing) - 2 hp per round.


Male Elf Wizard 9
Stats:
HP 54/61 AC 15/19/23 (T= 15 FF= 11/15) CMD 27, +1 L Sword+8 (1d8+4/19-20/x2), Club+7 (1d6+3/20/x2) +1 Comp Long Bow (+2str)+10 (1d8+3/20/x3) F+7 R+6 W+9, +2 vs enchants INIT+10 Per.+21 CMB +12
Tolvan wrote:

Acting first, Tovan tries to understand what the group is up against to better understand what force to use.

[dice=Knowledge (Dungeoneering, religion or planes)]1d20+16 Add +1 if the roll is nature and +4 if its Arcana.

Hmm. I was off line over the weekend. But I was first in initiative and was waiting on the result of my knowledge roll above. Tolvan has not acted in round 1 yet. If I thought the threat was large enough, including not knowing what this thing is I would have hasted.


ok, then haste on round 1. Those that had a full round action can had their extra melee attack below before we resolve round 2.


Male Elf Wizard 9
Stats:
HP 54/61 AC 15/19/23 (T= 15 FF= 11/15) CMD 27, +1 L Sword+8 (1d8+4/19-20/x2), Club+7 (1d6+3/20/x2) +1 Comp Long Bow (+2str)+10 (1d8+3/20/x3) F+7 R+6 W+9, +2 vs enchants INIT+10 Per.+21 CMB +12

Cool. And what was the info from the knowledge roll?


Danica Quinn wrote:

I posted this before. Not sure if you want me to attack again so posting my latest action at the bottom.

You are right, I skipped over your post for some reason. sorry.

While Anna runs around the house to get to a better position, Danica uses her temple sword to slash at the creature. The blade bites into the flesh of the corpse, but doesn't reach deep enough to damage the creature animating it.

Initiative, Round2:

Tolvan: Up
Danica: Done
Anna: Done
Tentacle Corpse:
Ananias:
Andjela:
Sonny:

Group buffs]Bless, Haste]

Battle Map


Female Aasimar Sensei-Four Winds Monk 2/Inquisitor 7
Stats:
HP 75/84 AC 23 (27 w/ Mage Armor) touch 21 (25), flat 20 (24), CMD 19, F+10 R+8 W+14, Temple Sw +14 (1d8+4 19-20/x2), Lg Bow +7, CMB +11, Init +8, Perc +18

Please use my previous attack as my hasted 2nd attack.
Attack, Temple Sword, bless, bane: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 1 + 2 = 24
Damage, Temple Sword, bane, precise strike: 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (5) + (4, 2) = 16


Male Elf Wizard 9
Stats:
HP 54/61 AC 15/19/23 (T= 15 FF= 11/15) CMD 27, +1 L Sword+8 (1d8+4/19-20/x2), Club+7 (1d6+3/20/x2) +1 Comp Long Bow (+2str)+10 (1d8+3/20/x3) F+7 R+6 W+9, +2 vs enchants INIT+10 Per.+21 CMB +12

Unable to maneuver for a clean shot with a bigger spell Tolvan casts Magic Missile at the creature.

Magic Missile: 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 4, 1, 4, 4) + 5 = 19


Tolvan sends a volley of magical missiles at the creature. The five bolts leave darken burn mark where they hit. The creature keeps going after Danica and again, the inquisitor manages to dodge most of the attack save one. Ananias enjoy the speed effect of Tolvan's spell and manage to get two good strikes on the creature. While it is difficult to ascertain how much more the creature can take, it does look like the group is making good progress toward finishing this fight before the creature can drain enough energy to explode.

Slam vs Danica: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
Slam vs Danica: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
Tentacle vs Danica: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Scimitar: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (8) + 15 + 1 + 1 - 3 = 22
Scimitar: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (11) + 15 + 1 + 1 - 3 = 25
Scimitar: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 1 + 1 - 3 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 6 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 6 = 16

Initiative, Round2:

Tolvan: Done
Danica: Done
Anna: Done
Tentacle Corpse: Done
Ananias: Done
Andjela: Up
Sonny: Up

Group buffs:Bless, Haste

[urlhttps://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1dmwVKwmC08MqLCdZGNySnLSDZpT4Mf3ULCs_iqXdPHk/edit#slide=id.g581f547a33_1_0=Battle Map[/url]


Stats:
HP 82/82 AC 25 touch 15, flat 20, CMD 27, F+9 R+12 W+8, +1 xbow +15 (2d8+1 19-20/x3), +1 elven curved-blade +14 (1d10+1 18-20/x2), dagger +13 (1d4 19-20/x2), CMB +9, Init +7, Per +5 Dhampir Paladin 8/Rogue 1

Andjela takes aim... Move away from the fiend!

attack1, pbs, bless, smite, haste: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 13 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 1 = 30
damage1, pbs, holy, smite, haste: 2d8 + 1 + 2d6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (7, 3) + 1 + (4, 4) + 8 + 1 = 28

attack1, pbs, bless, smite, haste: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 1 = 27
damage1, pbs, holy, smite, haste: 2d8 + 1 + 2d6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (5, 4) + 1 + (6, 2) + 8 + 1 = 27

attack1, pbs, bless, smite, haste: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 13 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 1 = 32
damage1, pbs, holy, smite, haste: 2d8 + 1 + 2d6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (7, 2) + 1 + (6, 2) + 8 + 1 = 27


Male Elf Wizard 9
Stats:
HP 54/61 AC 15/19/23 (T= 15 FF= 11/15) CMD 27, +1 L Sword+8 (1d8+4/19-20/x2), Club+7 (1d6+3/20/x2) +1 Comp Long Bow (+2str)+10 (1d8+3/20/x3) F+7 R+6 W+9, +2 vs enchants INIT+10 Per.+21 CMB +12

Gonna wait to see what that volley does.


Stats:
HP 82/82 AC 25 touch 15, flat 20, CMD 27, F+9 R+12 W+8, +1 xbow +15 (2d8+1 19-20/x3), +1 elven curved-blade +14 (1d10+1 18-20/x2), dagger +13 (1d4 19-20/x2), CMB +9, Init +7, Per +5 Dhampir Paladin 8/Rogue 1
Tolvan wrote:
Gonna wait to see what that volley does.

Could be a soft cover situation, making it 26, 23 & 28 to hit... Other than that, 82 damage is what that volley does :)

Loving the buffs, go buffs!


Andjela volley of arrows impacts the creature one after another. Every hit makes the creature stumble backward a step or two. When it stops the creature tries to move forward only to collapse on the ground. Giving it a few seconds to confirm that it won't rise up again, Ananias kicks the thing and then look up at the Paladin. "That was quite effective."

Anna finally arrives after performing her flanking maneuver. She might have missed the fight, but at least she is there for the loot.

Loot:

wand of cure light wounds (13 charges)
masterwork chainmail
trident of warning
masterwork silver dagger
cloak of resistance +1
ring of force shield
goldthreaded chasuble
key
fishgold medallion resembling a cross between an eel, a fish, and an octopus (looks like it might fit in the space to open the phased door.)
fishgold ceremonial tiara
unholy symbol
13 gp


Stats:
HP 82/82 AC 25 touch 15, flat 20, CMD 27, F+9 R+12 W+8, +1 xbow +15 (2d8+1 19-20/x3), +1 elven curved-blade +14 (1d10+1 18-20/x2), dagger +13 (1d4 19-20/x2), CMB +9, Init +7, Per +5 Dhampir Paladin 8/Rogue 1

Andjela looks for other threats, catching hey breath.

It was, but it wasn't all me... I'm just the instrument. I couldn't have done it without Tolvan's celerity and blessings from the divine.

Kimberly, are you and the child alright?


Stats:
HP 60/65, AC 28 touch 17, flat 22, CMD 24, F+4 R+12 W+6 (+11 vs ench); heavy crossbow +12 (1d10+1 19-20/x2) (pbs), sap +11 (1d6+1 nonl), +2 dagger +13/+8 (1d4+7 19/20/x2), SA 5d6, CMB +6, CMD 24, Init +11, Per +13
Human Rogue 9

After using her hasted speed to dive through the window and come up on it from behind, dagger in hand, she slides to a stop when she sees it's defeated.

"All right, well, good. I didn't want to have to get close to that thing anyway," she says with a smirk. "Good to have you back, Andjela. You bring enough arrows this time?"

She finishes going through the valuables on the vicar's body, and holds up what might be the key. "This must be the way through that door. Stupid lock not wanting to be picked. Must've been magic."


Kimberly walks back into the house, still holding the baby. "The child and I are doing just fine. However, we can't keep this child from her mother more than need be. If you are all ok here, I'll return to the village to reunite her with her mother." Ananias take a step forward as he put away his blade. "I'll escort her back to make sure nothing happened to both of them. We will wait for you in town. Good luck with the exploration of whatever is beyond that door." They say their goodbyes for now while the rest of the group return to the phased door.

Using the medallion, you are able to access the phased door. Behind it, you see a narrow tunnel descending into the group. Rudimentary stairs are carved in the ground to help the descent. The crude stone stair opens into a wide natural cavern. An alcove to the north holds a tall glass tank in which stands the perfectly preserved corpse of a man. A single large, discolored bronze bell inscribed with strange runes hangs from one wall.


Stats:
HP 82/82 AC 25 touch 15, flat 20, CMD 27, F+9 R+12 W+8, +1 xbow +15 (2d8+1 19-20/x3), +1 elven curved-blade +14 (1d10+1 18-20/x2), dagger +13 (1d4 19-20/x2), CMB +9, Init +7, Per +5 Dhampir Paladin 8/Rogue 1

I guess he's important... Andjela scans the room, especially the man and bell for traces of evil.

perception, what is this place, its function: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Andjela isn't able to get a good idea of what this room was used for, but she can smell a of rotting garbage coming from the north west tunnel. She also finds a small book bind in sharkskin next to the tank. Hanging from the bell, she finds an amulet similar to the one that was used to open the phased door.

Map


Male Aasimar Cleric 9 | AC 23 T 13 FF 21| HP 66/66 | F +10 R +7 W +13 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Sonny looks quickly around the room as he enters and then says, "Why don't head that way? He points nowrthwest. "We should check this room for anything hidden or magical first." Sonny casts detect magic and then slowly scans the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Stats:
HP 60/65, AC 28 touch 17, flat 22, CMD 24, F+4 R+12 W+6 (+11 vs ench); heavy crossbow +12 (1d10+1 19-20/x2) (pbs), sap +11 (1d6+1 nonl), +2 dagger +13/+8 (1d4+7 19/20/x2), SA 5d6, CMB +6, CMD 24, Init +11, Per +13
Human Rogue 9

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

Anna does a sweep upon Sonny's suggestion. At first, she nervously studies the man in the tank, then grows a little bolder and begins inspecting it for clues as to its purpose. "Strange. A little like Lepidstadt and those alchemical zombies, huh?" she asks.

What sort of light do we have in this cavern?


Sonny:
The only things with a magical aura are the bell and the tank.

Anna walks closer to the tank. While she doesn't see anything out of the ordinary, she does recognize the man in the tank. While almost unbelievable, the corpse is that of Cassius Undiomede, founder of Illmarsh.

For light, I figure that you have enough caster with the country light that you should be ok. Also, the tank seems to provide a bit of greenish light.


Male Aasimar Cleric 9 | AC 23 T 13 FF 21| HP 66/66 | F +10 R +7 W +13 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Sonny announces to the group, "The tank and bell are magical. I'm not really good at identifying items. Could someone else take a look at them?"


Female Aasimar Sensei-Four Winds Monk 2/Inquisitor 7
Stats:
HP 75/84 AC 23 (27 w/ Mage Armor) touch 21 (25), flat 20 (24), CMD 19, F+10 R+8 W+14, Temple Sw +14 (1d8+4 19-20/x2), Lg Bow +7, CMB +11, Init +8, Perc +18

Danica removes an arrow and casts Light onto the arrow head. "Light anyone?"


Stats:
HP 82/82 AC 25 touch 15, flat 20, CMD 27, F+9 R+12 W+8, +1 xbow +15 (2d8+1 19-20/x3), +1 elven curved-blade +14 (1d10+1 18-20/x2), dagger +13 (1d4 19-20/x2), CMB +9, Init +7, Per +5 Dhampir Paladin 8/Rogue 1

We're going to have to be brought up to speed... What is actually going on here? You three have been closer to it.


So anyone want to get sonny and Andjela up to speed?


Stats:
HP 60/65, AC 28 touch 17, flat 22, CMD 24, F+4 R+12 W+6 (+11 vs ench); heavy crossbow +12 (1d10+1 19-20/x2) (pbs), sap +11 (1d6+1 nonl), +2 dagger +13/+8 (1d4+7 19/20/x2), SA 5d6, CMB +6, CMD 24, Init +11, Per +13
Human Rogue 9

"Whoa," Anna says as she backs away from the tank. "That looks like the real guy whose statue is back in town. Cassius Undiomede, the town's founder?"

She looks at Andjela and chuckles. "I wish I knew. This place, it's the old home of this guy--" she sticks her thumb at the body in the tank -- "and the rest of his family. The townsfolk all say that they led the town until something bad happened and it's all mysterious, and that it's forbidden to visit this house.

"Which of course we immediately do." She smirks.

"Let's see. After you left Lepidstadt, Andjela, Judge Daramid came up with a brilliant plan." The sarcastic way she says "brilliant" leaves no doubt about Anna's true opinion of it. "I disguised myself as a noble lady as we all go out to visit Ascanor Lodge, a place way out in the Shudderwood. She'd heard there was some sort of trouble there, but did she have anything more than that for us to go on? Ha."

She shakes her head and throws up her hands. "We found trouble, all right. The whole place was surrounded by werewolves. A friggin' hunting lodge where you couldn't go outside 'cause you'd get hounded and chased by werewolves. Ugh. Anyway, thanks to Oathar and Kimberly being about as obvious as an orc at a halfling wedding, my cover's blown, the warden freaks out, a bunch of people get murdered, and a werewolf ghost starts possessing people.

"So, we ride out into the woods to find the stone that controls the werewolf ghost, kill the warden, get surrounded by werewolves, find out that the Whisperers had been there and that they killed the alpha werewolf and cut out his heart. Which caused, like, a civil war or something among the werewolves because the next leader is supposed to eat it."

Anna scratches a spot on her shoulder. "We help settle that dispute, and find out that the Whisperers had gone on to a lovely little town called Feldgrau. Quiet, out of the way place. 'Cause everyone there's dead. Except for the werewolves. And the undead that the Whisperers created. Who were fighting each other.

"We snuck around the place, fought more werewolves, fought more undead, and finally got to fight our first Whisperer, Auren Vrood. We killed him, and figured out that the stupid see-saw effigy waaaay back at the university (you know, Andjela, the one the Beast took?) was supposed to be brought here, in Thrushmoor."

She gestures back to the guy in the tank. "Which is why we're here. We came to Thrushmoor, got the cold shoulder from the locals, explored the church and found out it wasn't dedicated to Gozreh like it was supposed to and instead was filled with a creepy fish cult. But, they did us a solid and killed one of the Whisperers who were here."

She looks frustrated. "But it's not enough. The vizier guy who replaced his head with tentacles (gross, by the way), told us that the Whisperers were here to trade the sausage effigy for some old relic that the 'neighbors' have. Whoever they are. He set up the meeting, but something must have gone south big time, because one of the Whisperers is missing and the 'neighbors' aren't coming 'round anymore."

She looks annoyed, glancing back up the way they came. "That's what the baby was for, I think. Some kind of offering for the 'neighbors,' 'cause the fishing's bad. Man deserved to get his head replaced with tentacles."

She smiles sweetly to Andjela. "So, what have you been up to?"


Male Elf Wizard 9
Stats:
HP 54/61 AC 15/19/23 (T= 15 FF= 11/15) CMD 27, +1 L Sword+8 (1d8+4/19-20/x2), Club+7 (1d6+3/20/x2) +1 Comp Long Bow (+2str)+10 (1d8+3/20/x3) F+7 R+6 W+9, +2 vs enchants INIT+10 Per.+21 CMB +12

Tolvan listens to Anna's recount, rubbing a specific wound subconsciously when Anna mentions werewolf ghost possession. There were 5 different werewolf tribes, some much better than others. He interjects at some point. And we killed a hangman tree that almost cost us Anna here. And a near army or undead. He adds as he begins to investigate both the bell and tank. Hmm. I wonder if he is really dead.

Taking 10 on Spellcraft gives me a 30

And I had better take a look at that book Andjela.


After a complete resume of the past few weeks, The group refocus on the room they are currently in. Tolvan studies the tank with the corpse inside. The faint magic emanating from it seems to there to help the preservation of the corpse. No other magic is in effect. The bell, however, as a more worrisome magic there. It is enchanted with an alarm spell. And considering the amount of time you have spent in here, whoever was supposed to respond to that alarm either doesn't care or isn't home right now.

The book is, from a quick read, the journal of Cassius Undiomede himself. Along with the more mundane entries, the journal describes Cassius’s first meeting with “the Neighbors”—though Cassius does not describe them physically, the text nevertheless gives the impression that the Neighbors are something other than human. The journal also mentions the Neighbors’ home: submerged tunnels at the bottom of Avalon Bay, at the base of the Tern Rocks. Later entries detail Cassius’s eventual lordship, and the institution of the Pact between Cassius and the Neighbors, including the line, “I can only ensure the health and prosperity of Baytown (the original name of Illmarsh) and my own line by giving the Neighbors what they require, even if that means giving up my own daughters, and those of my heirs and my people. Regardless of my personal feelings, it is a small price to pay for such security.”


Stats:
HP 60/65, AC 28 touch 17, flat 22, CMD 24, F+4 R+12 W+6 (+11 vs ench); heavy crossbow +12 (1d10+1 19-20/x2) (pbs), sap +11 (1d6+1 nonl), +2 dagger +13/+8 (1d4+7 19/20/x2), SA 5d6, CMB +6, CMD 24, Init +11, Per +13
Human Rogue 9

Anna barks out a shrieking, incredulous laugh. "Small price? His daughters?!?"

She scoops up a rock and flings it as hard as she can at the tank. "BLOODY, STUPID FARMERS!!!! The only f$&%ing thing they care about is their stupid crops!!!" She takes several ragged breaths, her anger still at a boil. "Fishermen. Whatever. They're all the same."

She paces, glares at the body of Cassius, and then screams incoherently in frustration. Calming somewhat, she mutters, "Damn them. Damn them all."

In case it matters: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 11 - 4 = 25
Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

9,451 to 9,500 of 9,776 << first < prev | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Shady's Carrion Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.